The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wam

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby wam » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:07 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I think we can get this for scum. Trying to get to a majority could be hard though. Think we can lynch 4 today Vic, freeze, Madge somi and that would leave us at 3-2 1 nk and were done. Fingers crossed.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:05 pm UTC

Stellaris Mafia

Spoiler:
Evil George Washington wrote: I would never leave you guys!
:D

Zenii wrote:I'm really sorry about all this bessie. I feel absolutely terrible for pushing you so hard. I knew you were insanely stressed and I shouldn't have added to that.

Why? I deliberately try not to let my RL disrupt games, and the fact that it did is my own fault. I knew that I shouldn’t have signed up for this game when I wrote this, and even after that I should have moved to replacements, but I was so excited to see you and George on the signup list that it strengthened my resolve to play (if anyone doubts my sincerity, this can be verified later when the scum chat is posted :P ).

I kinda regret making this post (Sunday night for me), because I don’t want to distract from Zen’s brilliant play this game. Monday I knew that I would need to be replaced (my work supervisor is no more, leaving me two weeks to complete a project that he was supposedly leading since he was hired last July, and to which he has made a negligible contribution, and I have no formal training because he didn’t think it was necessary because he had it under control). Suzaku had Maven lined up on Monday night but I wanted to finish the day, partially because I didn’t want to disrupt the game with only one RL day remaining, and partially because of Zen. My Tuesday lurk was unintentional, I meant to return after this post with an argument similar to what LaserGuy said here but I fell asleep then went in to work two hours early and I ran out of time. Zen, this game, and playing with you (and with everyone), gave me something to look forward to every night, and I did/would have so much enjoyed sparring with you, had not RL gotten in the way.

Zenii wrote: Interestingly, Monday night I had the worst (or rather only) nightmare I've ever experienced. Actually the reason why I was awake to respond to your posts at ~4am.

Interesting, nightmares are pretty much the norm for me, so I assumed they were common, but I guess I should know better than to extrapolate personal experience into generalizations. Or maybe, as I secretly suspect, Zen is magic. I wonder if there is a group of people that follow you around, and tell you every day that you’re special. Because they should. Because you are.

Dream Away

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:22 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
@bessie: hi, hope you're feeling better. What are your thoughts about the setup being so similar to the first game?

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 am UTC

Stellaris Mafia
Spoiler:
Sabrar wrote:@bessie: hi, hope you're feeling better. What are your thoughts about the setup being so similar to the first game?

I (indirectly) told you the setup in this post (see reply to Zen). This was my guess before I even received my role PM. You knew I would have looked that up when I signed up for the game. And you should have been all over me for not doing a more detailed setup spec, but I guess you also have something to hide. :P

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:51 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
bessie, my gosh, that is the greatest compliment I have ever received. You have me holding back tears right now. Seriously, thank you.

wam

Postby wam » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I see all the posts I wonder what is being discussed. My hope is that I can get down to 5 today, plytho, sabrar, laser, bessie me. 1 NK and we have the game...

wam

Postby wam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
So I have two scum mates both are being prodded!

I think I may need to do something unusual n3 if it's just me alive. Would be far to easy for me to end up in a 4-1 situation. Also if they get two good flips there maybe links to freeze/ Bessie. However I have gone for a split tactic . Town reading one bussing the other.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:36 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
This game has got kind of boring with nobody bothering to even try to find scum anymore. (Okay, except plytho, who is just wrong)

[edit]And I'm going to get lynched for actually trying to solve this problem. Once again proving that LaserGuy always gets scumreads for being aggressive, and if I had just sat back and done nothing I'd be conftown :roll: [/edit]

[edit2]Speaking of which, I forgot I was supposed to lurk as Town this game. Oh well, maybe next time.[/edit]

[edit3]I actually basically have no reads at this point because nobody is actually playing. Gut reaction is to lynch freezeblade, Vic, and Maven at this point and see what turns up, but that's mostly just based on the setup.[/edit]

wam

Postby wam » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:39 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:

Yes. Theoretically, scum!wam could still counterclaim against Town!Sabrar here, but I think he would only do that with a very, um, aggressive partner, like BoomFrog or Zen, which isn't applicable with the current players.

Waves at boomfrog. Yeah scum were much more aggressive when I used to play but the only one left who played like that is boom. Presumably my name will be added to the not to be trusted agressive scum list. What are the odds next game i am a town cop claim and get lynched immediately.

I have a plan for a really out there n3... withhold the night kill then claim I had a 1 shot self doctor and used it. Is risky but the if I go in at 4-1 or 3-1 I don't think I will be through.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
It feels like scum has given up today? That, or they're working towards a nice victory. In which case it would have to be the Sabrar-wam scum team. Right, now I really want to exclude that possibility.
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

wam

Postby wam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
and then there was 1.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and it was game over and town won. Sad that it isn't the case.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:22 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Well I totally fucked up. My bullshit is probably going to get Wam lynched. Fuck
Last edited by Maven89 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

Label on that?

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:58 pm UTC

It's Stellaris.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm UTC

I think the sign up queue for mods should be modified, not that it is really used anyways but possibly because how it doesn't really sync with what we're doing. Currently it is set up such that it shows the next game in queue for each size/type of game, but since we never have more than one game at once anymore, it can be difficult at a glance to see which game is really next. Therefore I propose that it becomes a single list of games in queue and next to your game you put the size/type it is. In all, probably not a huge deal since we don't use it all that much.

Point 2: I put in the mod queue awhile ago a game I'd like to run, and now I'll finally have time to run it. Is there anyone else that already has a mafia game set upnthey were wanting to run? If not, I have a closed setup game, Alien Warfare requiring a preferred number of 13 players and I want to gauge interest to see if there will be enough people willing to participate.
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm UTC

I like the idea of repurposing the mod queue in some sensible way to reflect what people are actually planning on doing.

I'm happy to join whatever game comes up next.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:48 pm UTC

LaserGuy wrote:I like the idea of repurposing the mod queue in some sensible way to reflect what people are actually planning on doing.

I'm happy to join whatever game comes up next.

+1, QFT

wam

Postby wam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 pm UTC

+2

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:12 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
So, are we going into a loss here? Did plytho and/or wam hoodwink us?

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
aah
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
Oh, and we got played.

Damn it.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm UTC

Stellaris
Spoiler:
Having to wait until mod-confirmed dead is frustrating. Wanna read spoilers now. :(

wam

Postby wam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
just wanted to join in the spoilers. I think scum have won but am not saying anything till the mod wakes up.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm UTC

Stellaris:
Spoiler:
(Was I supposed to wait until mod declared me officially dead? Clearly not going to do that :P )

Well played, scum. wam now gets a place of honor in my "Extremely Dangerous as Scum" Club.

I still think Town hurt ourselves pretty badly by being so passive though. Much easier for scum to both look townie and control the narrative when there's only a few people actually active and pushing leads in the game. Multilynch made us lazy.

[edit]So I guess it was wam, freezeblade and bessie? At least my reads weren't too bad this game. Got 2 out of 3 right. Probably should have been more suspicious of wam. My read on him that I gave to Vic was too generous by half.

Also...
LaserGuy wrote:I very strongly believe that we need another lynch today, and I think that there is a good chance that mafia has been deliberately trying to stall us into being passive for the remainder of the day.

bessie - 3 (Zenii, Vicarin, LaserGuy)
Lights Out - 3 (Sabrar, freezeblade, wam)
Zenii - 1 (Madge)

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, plytho

Nailed this one. Except, I guess, I was too preoccupied with trying to figure out the mystery of Sabrar to put it all together. Though I think I did put the three of them down as scum at some point for this.

[edit2]
That would be this one.
Scum is Sabrar/wam/freezeblade. heury is in fact Guardian Angel or a similar role linked to scum!Sabrar. After heury fake claimed cop, wam went ahead and did so as well, under the assumption that it would be too preposterous for there to be two fake cop claims. flips today are going to be indy/indy which is basically zero info for Town. Kill is going to be Zen or plytho.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:40 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Man, I made a right mess of this game,
managed to guard 2 scum back to back. Ugh.

At least I had some reservations about wam? I'd been thinking that him claiming a marine was a bit convenient after I did and his claim was kinda weird, but didn't have anything to compare it too. Guess scum didn't have false claims after all? Vindicated!

That huge nexus of N1 actions is pretty hilarious honestly, along with most of D3 in speedlynching 2 scum first and then losing anyway.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
I was also thinking of a revised lynch order that involved lynching the lover pair when there were 3 left as I was thinking it much less likely they were both scum, and then we'd only need 1 town alive at the end instead of 2 (definitely trusting Plytho over everyone else)
but somehow I died while sleeping hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm UTC

Stellaris @ Vic:
Spoiler:
I don't think there was really a way to make that work because of somitomi's power that would end the day.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 pm UTC

Stellaris @Laserguy

Spoiler:
Oh yeah, true. Well, to be honest, somitomi had a pretty good claim as well considering the game this was based off, she'd work fine as the lone town to survive too.

Also kind of hilarious if the ship's avatar is the only surviving town.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm UTC

+3. I'll add WoT3 to the queue after you. I should have time to work on setup over the Easter period. Would anybody like to help me with it? I'm assuming Suzaku will. I suppose I should also check if people are happy to play another of my games. Style will be different to the weird double town/cult game from WoT2, but haven't decided how exactly yet.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

wam

Postby wam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 pm UTC

Stellaris

Spoiler:
Is it over???? I can see laser and Vic reading spoilers but as I'm still technically alive I'm refraining

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 pm UTC

Stellaris @wam may read

Spoiler:
I don't know if Suzaku has some secret spice so you'll just have to wait.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 pm UTC

It's over. Waiting on Suzaku to officially delcare, as I don't actually know any of yal's roles :3

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 pm UTC

@jimbob: I would be very happy to play your game. WoT2 was actually what got me in to playing mafia in the first place.

Madge

Postby Madge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:46 pm UTC

I had a dream last night that when we executed Maven, bessie started posting. We were like, "bessie! You're dead!" and she's like "NO! you executed Maven, not me!! MUA HA HA HA HA" - and apparently bessie had a role that allowed her to be replaced and then come back in when her replacement died.

It was a dream, it doesn't have to make sense
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:27 am UTC

Madge wrote:I had a dream last night that when we executed Maven, bessie started posting. We were like, "bessie! You're dead!" and she's like "NO! you executed Maven, not me!! MUA HA HA HA HA" - and apparently bessie had a role that allowed her to be replaced and then come back in when her replacement died.

Thanks for the setup idea... :lol:
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am UTC

Hey, it's up there with the periodic table, kubla kahn, and the structure of benzene in the "stuff people came up with in dreams hall of fame". And by all means, please use the idea. I beseech you!

also... wam's chaos mafia sounds so much FUN. i couldn't bear to risk being a replacement in that one. is it planned for any time soon?
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 am UTC

After wheel of time/whenever I have managed to write it.... whichever is later, not going to jump the queue. Zen I assumed you left a gap deliberately.

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm UTC

bessie wrote:last night I actually had a nightmare about this game.
heuristically_alone wrote:had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and it was game over and town won. Sad that it isn't the case.
Madge wrote:I had a dream last night that when we executed Maven, bessie started posting. We were like, "bessie! You're dead!" and she's like "NO! you executed Maven, not me!! MUA HA HA HA HA" - and apparently bessie had a role that allowed her to be replaced and then come back in when her replacement died.

Is this common!? Before it started, I had a dream about the game as well. I was two days late posting and everyone was meta scum reading me for my lack of activity, but I didn't care cause I was a day vig and day vigged Madge.

Also, bessie, going back to the nightmare thing: I remembered that I do have this dream of going into a final exam and coming to the realization that I haven't attended class all semester. I still have this dream occasionally, despite not having been in school for years... In terms of like horror though, some part of my brain always seems to be aware that I'm dreaming, so my dreams tend to be more like a VR experience. So fear-inducing situations like being in the middle of a zombie apocalypse or trapped in Jurassic Park are really exciting and fun to dream about. Until my recent nightmare, that exam dream was the closest to disturbing that I've felt.
wam wrote:After wheel of time/whenever I have managed to write it.... whichever is later, not going to jump the queue. Zen I assumed you left a gap deliberately.
Well, my TLJ setup is written and ready to go, but I know some pages back there was discussion about games people were thinking about running, so I wanted to leave room for anyone that had already voiced a desire to host. Anyone can go ahead of me in the queue and you can just consider my game as something to run if nothing else is running.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:08 pm UTC

Mine is new so haven't mentioned it before so you can go before me!

Return to “Mafia”