The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

TheMaskedGecko

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am UTC

Deva wrote:Party Mafia
Spoiler:
TheMaskedGecko wrote:The next person to attempt to treat this as a role playin or text based adventure game will have to face the consequences.

Is that Moderator Code for "Gave Mafia a day flavor writing power"? Makes the compiled list of guests interesting.

Amendment: With restrictions, of course. Cannot lie.

Party
Spoiler:
Nope. This whole thing just turned up and I decided to run with it. It's an interesting idea though. Kinda like the role in portal mafia that turned the mods fury onto a selected player. Something to remember, I think.

And a note to the spectators: the flavour is basically meaningless, or at least oblique enough to not be at all helpful. It's fun seeing the theories they come up with though, especially when they're partly right
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

lynx

Postby lynx » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:18 am UTC

K2K
Spoiler:
So, this guessing lynch target alignment thing... first off eculc is obvi-scum!
Bet he'll turn up cult recruiter :P

Party
Spoiler:
As for Tim, no idea. Absolutely no content from him, just that joke vote and a couple sentences.
I'll say not scum based purely on probabilities?

F11
Spoiler:
I guess Kr is guilty, I did vote for him! I thought all his posts D1 were a little off although he did make good points D2 re: there being a very shaky case against him. Hope I haven't been tricked into lynching a townie! If that is the case, sorry Kr and I'll do my best to win for town!
But still many lingering doubts which I guess always come from being town. But now to decide who to protect tonight. Would it be unheard of for scum to target NU again? I guess this is the very meaning of WIFOM :P

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:48 am UTC

TheMaskedGecko wrote:
Deva wrote:Party Mafia
Spoiler:
[spoiler]

Party
Spoiler:
[spoiler]
Party Mafia:
Spoiler:
DEVA KNOWS THINGS OHCRAPOHCRAP
:shock:

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 am UTC

Party
Spoiler:
Decided to RB snark tonight. I suppose I'll see if it has any noticeable effect.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:36 am UTC

K2K @lynx
Spoiler:
Ha ha, laughs all around.
:evil:
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:23 pm UTC

Gargoyles
Spoiler:
mpolo wrote:Vote: UniqueScreenName

On the theory that it would be really bastardly to have a mason recruiter as scum.

Nice work DBC, by saying that it was a non-bastard game, you bastarded it up.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:33 pm UTC

Gargoyles post-hammer spoiler read
Spoiler:
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:47 pm UTC

Gargoyles:
Spoiler:
I think we just won the game!!!!!! Congrats to teammates fearless and BoomFrog. Not reading spoilers yet just in case.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm UTC

wam wrote:gargoyles

Spoiler:
Boomfrog is playing a great game. I also can't beleive they let my watching result drop after it was revealed I was town, sane and had seen boomfrog visit finglass when he specifically denied this.

Gargoyles
Spoiler:
I tried, wam, I really did.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 pm UTC

Party mafia
Spoiler:
I realized I hadn't posted my prediction yet. I don't really think there was much evidence against Tim. I'd have preferred a Snark lynch, or an eculc one. Tim was somewhere around my third choice. I'm really suspicious that even having him that high was just a conformity thing, with people agreeing with each other and me not being immune. Literally the only thing against him was that he wasn't posting anything useful, and I don't know how strong of a scumtell that is even if he normally does post. I don't think I can guess anything higher than 25% for his chance of being scum. (That's including the hypothesized anti-town independent.) Of course if I'm wrong that's good news.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 am UTC

Misnomer's Game
Spoiler:
This is my role PM.
Misnomer wrote:Your role: Ascetic Nurse

You know your duty. Your entire life has been dedicated to helping doctors… and should it appear that a doctor can no longer perform their duties, you know you have to step in. Until such a time however, you focus on keeping your clinic spotless and entirely germ-free.

If a Doctor-style role is killed during the course of the game, you will inherit their abilities. I will send you a PM if this is the case. Until then, your Ascetic nature means you will be immune to all night actions, both harmful and beneficial, except kill powers.

You are Town, and win when all Anti-Town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am UTC

F 11

Spoiler:
The doctor missed tonight. Is going to be interesting seeing how everyone reacts to the KrO2 being a mafia goon.

Also still looking for a co-mod or just some balance advice for my community mafia game. (its a way off though). Also infina are you still intending on running a large sailor moon mafia?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 am UTC

I have no flavour knowledge but I think I could still lend a hand in balancing community.. hit me up if you want me :P

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 am UTC

MN's Game
Spoiler:
Alright, let's just drop this here:
Misnomer wrote:Your role: Academic

You are a Doctor… of Philosophy. You can’t actually do anything useful.

If you are investigated by any role-cop style roles, you will appear to be a Doctor. You have no actual abilities however.

You are Town, and win when all Anti-Town factions have been eliminated. Good luck!

I feel like I've been cheated out of a power role.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 pm UTC

F11:
Spoiler:
Thank you! Whoever NK'd me did me a favor. I was sure I was going to be mislynched at some point in that game. In other news, I think my scumdar is broken. :( I was convinced NU was scum, but apparently he was the doctored one on N1. Also, I think it's funny how my random pick hit one of the scum and mixed up lynx as cop instead of doc.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

wam

Postby wam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 pm UTC

Snark wrote:F11:
Spoiler:
Thank you! Whoever NK'd me did me a favor. I was sure I was going to be mislynched at some point in that game. In other news, I think my scumdar is broken. :( I was convinced NU was scum, but apparently he was the doctored one on N1. Also, I think it's funny how my random pick hit one of the scum and mixed up lynx as cop instead of doc.

Spoiler:
Yeah as you probably saw in the spoilers, you were pretty close and had me slightly worried.... Also who do you reckon the remaining scum is? (just out of curiosity)

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:56 pm UTC

I'm going to put out another call for replacements for Keys to the Kingdom. (yes boomfrog, we are going to use you, thanks! :) ) If anyone else can be a replacement, please pm conman and myself. Thanks!

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
Couldn't Snark already know who the other mafia is from previous spoilers? Anyway, I hope they know what they're doing; I had tried to set it up so Snark would get lynched next. It's kind of unfair for Snark to look scummy if I come back town and scummy if I come back scum, but I'd be willing to take advantage of it. Now it's 5 v 1 and there isn't a probable mislynch before people look elsewhere for scum.
Misnomer's Game
Spoiler:
I'm a Mafia Goon, for those of you following along. I think I'll claim right away as soon as almost everyone has posted. Claim falsely, of course. I've wanted to claim to be a PGO ever since I found out it was a thing, and I'd just have to convince them not to lynch me once. Hopefully the higher ranking mafia won't mind if I do something potentially stupid.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:51 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
USN: 35% scum
alek: 25%
eculc: 20%
lynx: 10%
new user: 10%

:?
-Adam

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
hopefully, distancing myself from the US lynch will help for D4. if she gets lynched, my defense of her will probably help out my position quite a bit, and If they mislynch D4 I'll win. assuming all of my NKs go through, that is.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 pm UTC

Misnomer's game
Spoiler:
The whole time I was writing that long post semi-defending KrO2, I kept thinking "what are you doing what are you doing what are you doing ABORT ABORT ABORT" but then I hit submit so I guess we'll see how this goes.

Oh wait t1mm isn't in the game so I'm fine. :mrgreen:
-Adam

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 pm UTC

Misnomer's Game (players CANNOT read):
Spoiler:
YES ridiculous falseclaim! :D

This is why I like modding closed setups. :)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm UTC

Misnomer's Game:
Spoiler:
I think there's going to be a lot of insane roles. Just a gut feeling.

DaBigCheez

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm UTC

Misnomer's Game:
Spoiler:
Of course, I realized *after* posting a less-than-usually subtle breadcrumb that I myself am not protected. That may have been a bad idea...

And no, I won't explain what I'm talking about more than you can glean from my post in thread and that comment. :P
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am UTC

Keys to the Kingdom
Spoiler:
You are Peter Pirkin, Paper Pusher and Piper's Child. You are a bit cowardly, but you're here to help Arthur in his cause.

You are aligned with town. You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated, or when their elimination is inevitable.

First thought: Spiderman.
Notices a trend. Plays to die for more powerful Town roles. Is not complaining, though. Burns out over time.

Would be amusing to die before posting, also.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:08 am UTC

Sailor Moon and my other games
Spoiler:
_infina_ wrote:You are the evil henchman of the Negaverse, Jedite! You made brilliant plans to drain the energy from stupid humans, which worked perfectly until those stupid Sailor girls appeared. You had a brilliant plan for dealing with them, too, but your impatient Queen decided to freeze you in a giant crystal before you could try it. You're still kind of pissed off about that, to be honest. It wasn't fun. At. All.

At any rate, she's unfrozen you now, and her new plan is to kill everyone in sight, which seems reasonable enough to you. matt96 is Queen Beryl, and you may communicate with her at any time. Please CC the mods on all PMs.

You win when all town players have been eliminated.

This is the first time I've ever been scum with a partner. Usually I'm just on my own. A new experience.
Last edited by UniqueScreenname on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 pm UTC

Party Mafia:
Spoiler:
WHAT DA HELL, MAN

But seriously. What?

... Anyway. Off to read spoilers now.
:shock:

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm UTC

Party
Spoiler:
So, about time you folks found out what's actually in this game. We have a lie detector, who can find out if two comments are true or not each night (trickier to mod than I expected), a jailor, a loved and a hated (who require one more/less votes to lynch, respectively ). Bonus points for working out who's who.
Then we have wam, the Casanova, who has the ability to choose a single player to have day and night chat with. Which he's used on misnomer. Who is a mafia goon. Which'd be great if they hadn't killed off cjdrum, who's job it was to get the person wam selects (ie. misnomer) lynched. Speaking from experience, having private chat with scum is tricky, so it'll be interesting to see how he manages.
As for how the mafia works: There were three of them misnomer, matt96 and t1m who take it it in turns to submit the kill. As the poisoner T1m's kills would have been delayed a day from when he submitted them.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 pm UTC

F11
Spoiler:
good, another one thinking about voting for USN. I (read: JSO) voted for my scumbuddy D1, so I might be good for tomorrow. at the moment, I'm thinking of killing adam. I'd be willing to bet that D4 I can get people to vote for alek, since he's pretty much been lurking the whole game.

KrO2

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:59 pm UTC

Party
Spoiler:
I've got my first falsified prediction. I had Tim at 25% chance of scum. Maybe I do need to start treating lurking as a scumtell. Certainly in cases where the suspect should know better, I guess. Well, the lynchee being mafia is good news anyway.

If the other scum are not matt and eculc, they're probably enjoying watching us suspect those two. Hopefully they are those two and we'll win easily.
Misnomer's Game
Spoiler:
I was hoping there'd be someone arguing vehemently for my lynch. Then I could say that scum would want that since it's the only way they'd get rid of me and get them lynched. But since all the scum are my allies, that's not happening. I knew there was a reason I wanted to save this gambit for a game where I'm a serial killer.
F11
Spoiler:
I think eculc is handling this pretty well. I'm glad to see it's UniqueScreenname vs. lynx instead of anyone vs. eculc. Hopefully he can avoid being obvious about pushing for a mislynch D4.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:04 pm UTC

Party
Spoiler:
So, apparently wam's dating me. This was not a turn of events I was expecting. :shock:
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

New User

Postby New User » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Sailor Moon and my other games
Spoiler:
_infina_ wrote:You are the evil henchman of the Negaverse, Jedite! You made brilliant plans to drain the energy from stupid humans, which worked perfectly until those stupid Sailor girls appeared. You had a brilliant plan for dealing with them, too, but your impatient Queen decided to freeze you in a giant crystal before you could try it. You're still kind of pissed off about that, to be honest. It wasn't fun. At. All.

At any rate, she's unfrozen you now, and her new plan is to kill everyone in sight, which seems reasonable enough to you. matt96 is Queen Beryl, and you may communicate with her at any time. Please CC the mods on all PMs.

This is the first time I've ever been scum with a partner. Usually I'm just on my own. A new experience.
UniqueScreenname please read!
Spoiler:
This should be spoilered for all games you are active in. This could be seen as you claiming your role in any of those games.

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:02 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
Uniquescreenname is our new Queen!
Picked her because I think she's pretty rational, reasonable and good at playing town; I just have to make sure I don't give her a reason to lynch me!

F11
Spoiler:
Hope US is scum. I think I have a case, and hope so as otherwise I'll look pretty bad in the morning! I should stop taking so much responsibility for these lynches, I'm the doctor not a VT! I can't really afford to get lynched or NKed but I'm putting myself up for both. Basically don't know how to play doctor, maybe next time I'll be more quiet.

Misnomer
Spoiler:
Don't really know what's going on. I'm VT so don't see any of this non-standard roles nonsense that everyone seems to be so intrigued by. Hopefully I'll know more by tomorrow, or with a read-through whenever I get time.

Party
Spoiler:
We got on well with the lynch somehow as I hadn't a clue what was going on. Still very suspicious of eculc although Matt looks almost worse with his late vote to tie up the voting. They could both be but I doubt they'd be silly enough to both be on the same non-scum wagon when their scum-mate was being lynched... would they?

Fallout
Spoiler:
This game looks so much fun but a bit overwhelming considering I'm in so many other games, anyway I'm a Lady of the Night and I can roleblock someone every night by shagging them apparently. Got leather for armour and loads of chemicals so off to see what I can make with them! I am town though, bit of a relief as I'm quite enjoying my other town games and I've been killed D1/N1 for both scum games so far!

K2K
Spoiler:
Damn. Wish I knew who killed me, I was even considering claiming survivor early D2 if the heat continued for protecting eculc! But no such luck, bah.

That's all of them! I need to stop signing up to games.
Speaking of, I still need 4 more players for Paris mafia and the co-mod position is still open; although I'm of course going to run it anyway if nobody has time.

New User

Postby New User » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm UTC

F11, Keys to the Kingdom, Party Mafia, Misnomer's Game

You may NOT read this spoiler if you are an active player in ANY of those four games. DO NOT READ until you are eliminated from ALL of those games, or until the games are finished. Even the moderators of those games are active in other games!
Spoiler:
Because of UniqueScreenname's presumably unintentional roleclaim in the Sailor Moon spoiler earlier, I've decided that it would undermine the honor system that this forum depends on if I remain in any games with her. I am in four games, and UniqueScrennname is in all of them with me. I've sent a message to all four moderators asking to be replaced. It's a shame to have to do this on a technicality, but if I don't do it then the honor system means nothing. No hard feelings, UniqueScreenname, I know it was an accident.

fshfood

Postby fshfood » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:48 pm UTC

Party

Spoiler:
Not sure if Eculc is really scum, or just lurky by nature, but he's the best I have right now. I'll put it at 40% sure.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

Lynx

That massive list of spoilers and I can only read 1 and thats for the game im modding!!

lynx

Postby lynx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:56 pm UTC

Well I'm jealous you have all the answers even just for that one! This game confuses me :shock:

edit: this game as in mafia!

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:19 pm UTC

New User wrote:
UniqueScreenname wrote:Sailor Moon and my other games
Spoiler:

UniqueScreenname please read!
Spoiler:
This should be spoilered for all games you are active in. This could be seen as you claiming your role in any of those games.

Spoiler:
I'm sorry, NU.

UniqueScreenname

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
So that was incredibly good luck being the queen first. And I already threw out an "I may not listen to what everyone's telling me to do" disclaimer so I won't have to get rid of Matt. Which happens to be true anyway. No worries D1 8)

Fallout II
Spoiler:
BoomFrog wrote:A wink and a bump and it's all yours.

Thief – You can pick someone’s pocket as your night action. Name two items value 4 or less. If they have either of the items then you take it. Alternately, you can reverse pickpocket a grenade into their pants. Grenades used in this way ignore armor. These are both considered a (close) action.

You are town.

Items:
6xScrap, 2xRation, Gunpowder, 3xChemicals

I happen to not know what most of that means. I played a Fallout mafia in FaiD, but that was my first game and I had no idea what was going on. Time for redemption, but maybe I should look over the first game to figure out what's going on. Also, I'm afraid that this will be a hard role to sell as town if I get copped or am forced to claim. Hopefully that won't happen, because people tend to not believe me for some reason.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm UTC

Sailor Moon
Spoiler:
Adam H wrote:Massclaiming therefore is meaningless. Actually, it's counterproductive, because having the survivor claim is BAD for town. The survivor wouldn't be confirmed non-scum (since scum could have gotten that role to falseclaim) but scum would know that she was survivor. And survivor would want to align himself with scum since scum seem so advantaged here. So basically, I'll go ahead and claim:

I'm Chiba, survivor.

Shit's about to get REAL. Better get some popcorn.
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”