The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Madge

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Madge » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Just want to tahnk Yolinda for replacing h_a. No idea who Yolinda is but anyone who replaces in a 52 page long game gets mad props in my book!
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 am UTC

Crossover:

Spoiler:
LaserGuy survived!

I kinda wish peaceful whale had voted for me at some point. I'm pretty convinced he's a cop. I don't think his claims are inconsistent with cop. He said he had a way to prove he was town, that he could tell whether people were scum or not and then he said he knew about someone being town. (Edit:He also thought Zen was pretending to have a cop result on him and responded quite defensively.) After that he has called bessie town twice. So PW is probably a cop with a town result on bessie. I hope scum didn't come to the same conclusion, but I think bessie is a very likely NK target (which is bad news for me). I think NK targets are among bessie, Sabrar and EGW. If scum is seeing what I'm seeing it might be PW too though. I guess those 4 are my strongest town reads along with LaserGuy. So LaserGuy is going to be my foe to friend target tonight. If bessie survives until D4 (and I make it to N4) I can add her then. Maybe by then she's no longer mad at me. :(
he him his

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:03 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
I don’t think megaman is absorbing townie powers... I wonder if he got reapers know it all stuff... if he did he hasn’t shared it and is more than likely scum.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:25 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Oh cool, I'm not dead. And can't be dead until D3.

To do list for N2/D3:
-Try to convince Zyth/BoomFrog that I'm not scum
-Figure out what's going on with bessie and plytho. bessie seems... weird to me. But I think PW has her as confirmed Town, so if I can trust him then I have to trust her.
-Try to convince Sabrar that Zyth is not scum.
-Try to figure out whether EGW is scum.
-Reread jimbob/Red Ryu.

I'm really all over the place this game. I won't blame Town at all if they try to lynch me. Tonight's kill is going to be... Hmm... I hope it's not BoomFrog. Could be EGW if he's Town. Peaceful Whale probably ought to be NKed at some point since he's softclaimed a cop role of some kind (I'm guessing he's like a Hider or something).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Whoever gets my Hidden Message ability, please send me Laser & Boom.
Oh Shazbot! I'm the baseline for comparison because I'm the comparison cop's towniest read. :| Well if this happens I'll be hilarious... :D

Edit as I keep reading:
Zyth:
I always feel like a traitor scumreading ppl that tr me.
Oh man. Your loyalty settings must be turned way up. I almost feel sorry for manipulating you. Don't hate the player... :|

To be fair, my town read and defense of you are sincere,
I wasn't aiming to manipulate you emotionally, only appear townie.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:29 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I'm tired. I don't feel like doing work right now to catch scum but god damn it I must. :evil:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
Gut reads: Zen Boom Laser Plytho Scum. Bessie PW town. Sabr Town. Mpolo I dunno. Who else is in this game again? :P OH SOUP IS HERE.
Since he is here, he may prove to be a turning point for town vs scum. Meaning, will he believe in me? Or will he believe in Zen? I feel Soup always is able to find scum but doesn't push them to the point of death. I'm thinking my problem is I get distracted. I had Boom. I just let it slip away. Then now that makes my efforts to LYNCH boom harder since people might confuse this with maybe scum intent? [Switching from Spak to Gamma to Spak etc, I got too distracted by Zen] SHit man things are never clear with me.

It's funny how Zen states we both throw spaghetti around and I am still picking mine up... :lol: I just imagined myself doing that... I think what is actually happening is Scum!Zen threw more spaghetti at me and I had to pick up the mess! (Him prodding me on his Spak case when he posted it after I went to sleep deliberately, I saw that)

Now if Soup is somehow scum then I'm screwed man. Every time I'm town and he's scum he somehow is read more townie then me!!! :evil: damn it soup. People criticize the man, but he really does have the skill to manipulate people's views of his image. What I have noticed that as town he doesn't care to keep up appearances, so he usually becomes mislynched because of dumb stuff. Yet I feel it's been harder for me to notice his scumplay IE Dr Who Mafia man.. he was a bit lurky but he seemed town to me... damn it soup. I thought I could read you but really I can't.

Man I don't know how to play in a game with so much scum, Laserguy really picked apart me having more nulls then usual, did that on purpose. I want to keep the support I have, like from Bessie. I don't want to burn all them bridges. BUT IM TOWN. So if he is for sure scum, he did ok, although it's a bit weak. Once Boom flips scum I will come after Laser. I am just afraid there is like 8 scum lmao... Who was it that said that townies have to choose what gang to be partial to... That's how I felt. I felt like "Well... I need support from one gang to kill the other..."

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I realize what Spak's problem was as town. He focuses his time on things that don't matter. It to me seems like he didn't care to conclude his catchup, and find scum. He hadn't even voted Boom, yet he converses with Boom. I have done this before, and honestly I should have told him to CATCH UP. I remember an early Zen telling noob!me to catch up instead of posting while still not caught up in BIM mafia. His opinions seemed solid, my concern was the lack of presence. I think Spak may have had a problem with this before, as he was mislynched by me I think... oops. Damn it Spak how much school do you even have? Also, the time he was active, he was posting while I was asleep > going to work. I really hate that I've been working non-stop like a slave. Yet I must work. So kind of my fault for not being totally present. Here I am, at 5am. I'm not even done with re-reading, yet I'll do the same tomorrow night after work. Bleh.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:31 am UTC

Crossover Mafia
Spoiler:
A few hours to go and again I’m nervous about being killed. I was planning on putting a lot of work in to this and leaving all my notes for my mason partner, but he’s been completely absent from chat. He didn’t chat much anyway, only a few one sentence posts on D2. I don’t think he really understands the usefulness of mason chat (I think it’s mason chat, YOLO was noncommittal as to whether or not in this game mason=town). Now I wish I posted during twilight but I still can’t get my head around the twilight phase and posting felt wrong to me. Anyway, disappointed because mason is my favorite role. If I was masons with Sabrar we would have a 20 page plan of attack for D3. I just can’t bring myself to put too much into this at night, lest I be overly disappointed and upset if I die.

Spak wrote:Bessie - Bessie has been a hard slot to read the entire game. I've agreed with a lot of her statements, but have found myself coming to different conclusions consistently. I can't give you specific examples because I simply don't have the time right now and I'm not sure if she just naturally views the game from a different angle, but I've followed her logic and can see her coming from either a townie perspective or scum who has an underlying agenda that naturally intertwines really well with what observations she makes. She gets behind in some places, but I think that's because she actually has a life rather than trying to just 'get by.' She's also not afraid to voice her own opinions on matters and seems to arrive at her reads independently of others, which if arrived at naturally, usually are a pretty good indicator of town in my book. I think she's either town or playing scum REALLY well.
Nope, I’m not brilliant or scum. I’m never scum. :| But it's been really refreshing to see others do real read on me, instead of just auto slapping me with the the town label, which is what often happens. If an xkcder reads me as scum, they’re usually scum. Like plytho.

Gamma Emerald wrote: Welp I'm checking out now, thanks for playing and putting up with me being an insufferable prick. I think, after some thought, I'd actually like to try another game here, though maybe a smaller one, around 9-13 players in size. I think one of my issues was trying to read so many people I didn't know.
Sorry I wasn’t around the final day until the end. There was so much to keep track of that I did mess up your claim. I was actually starting to think that maybe my scum read of you was a misunderstanding due to meta differences. I look forward to playing with you again.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:05 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Very anxious about getting killed, couldn't convince our Doctor to protect me.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:58 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
i bet scum thought I was cop. :D while actually I was a townie liability! Bessie is safe!!! (She was worried about being lynched) oh well, quite surprised I was night killed.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I apologize dead people. I have been very wrong. I think three scum are Sabrar Frozen Madge. I have been enlightened.

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I wish bessie wasn't tunneling on me. She's misreading the entire game because it all relies on me being scum.

I like how Zen is defending me against bessie. That doesn't mean I trust him but it shows he's making a real effort to read the argument. I like so much of what Zen is posting but I feel he's manipulating me all the time.

I'm having some trouble getting solid scum reads here. I'm pretty confident in my town reads (bigger caveats on some than others) I like EGW's case on BoomFrog.

LaserGuy is talking to me. I hope he's town and I can convince him I am too. At least he seems open to the idea.
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:28 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Forgot to mention, I got chat with plytho today, weirdly. Apparently he has an ability where anyone who votes for him can enter chat with him the next day. Very weird.

Not... positive what to think just yet. plytho really kind of feels awfully scummy to me. At first I was thinking that this definitely a townie ability, but I'm not so sure, especially if there's a big mason group.

Speaking of which... was Peaceful Whale a mason with Boom/Zyth? Will have to double-check Zyth's content for crumbs.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Hmm... that was too easy getting a lynch pool down to 6 players, with a likely 4 of them being scum. Am I being misled by one or more of EGW/bessie/plytho? If I'm really lucky, one (or more) of the 6 is PW's mason buddy, and the next lynch flips Godfather, ruling out bessie as being it. That would essentially be game solved from my point of view. I think it might be worth spending a few minutes going over Peaceful Whale's content to see who his mason buddy might be, if not bessie.

Okay... done that. It's not BoomFrog, EGW, Zyth, or Red Ryu (too many comments against them). His reads list and interactions with her D1 makes me doubt that bessie is either. Also not LaserGuy (formerly DarkHorse, was happy to lynch lurkers).

Dang... I just re-read Peaceful Whale's "way to prove he is town" as a Mason Recruiter comment. But that doesn't sound right elsewhere. I can't explain his comment in this post here though otherwise, given his flip. The way to prove town could be him being a mason, but it doesn't explain why he needs to trust somebody.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:39 pm UTC

Crossover (@BoomFrog after game):
Spoiler:
BoomFrog, when you talk about players having odds of being scum, is this just sort of a heuristic that you use? Or do you actually have a spreadsheet of townie/scummy points that you assign and calculate probabilities from?

Or is this just part of the mystery of BoomFrog? :D

[edit]

Crossover:
Spoiler:
I'm disappointed that EGW only FoSed me :P I think I have enough townie credit to ride this out, though. If not, well, I think there's a good chance my wagon will give Town the information they need.

This game is so much fun.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:37 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
Man it's hard being top town read with 4-5 scum. Hopefully we lynch scum today. Time for minecraft on Switch.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
BoomFrog wrote:
Evil George Washington wrote:Boomfrog, readslist.

Motherfucker, I'll get to it when I can
LMFAO!!

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:41 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
This is the most ridiculous game to try and keep up with. I've given up at this point. :P
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
I'm probably going to get hell for this, but it's the best solution that I could come up with to my earlier mistake of hard reading Zyth as town. Honestly, I was just so surprised that I posted he was town without really thinking too much about the implications.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:46 am UTC

@Peaceful Whale

Crossover
Spoiler:
Btw, your read of me was spot on. That post you pulled out of D1 was literally the only post that I edited for scummy reasons. I'm amazed you pulled that out. Because you had me at solidly scummy was half the reason that we killed you. The other half was because you revealed you were a cop of some sort of course.

If we hadn't killed you I think we would have liked Bessie.

POST GAME EDIT: killed* Bessie. I like Bessie no matter what.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
For anyone curious out there. Yes I'm scum. Yes I'm having irl issues. Still never lie about that stuff.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:06 pm UTC

Crossover:
@plytho
Spoiler:
[quote=“plytho”]The results of my assumptions have turned out correct: PW isn't a one-shot communication cop and LaserGuy's power isn't a daily power. [/quote]
Sorry, I am a single shot, I’m pretty bad. If my target would be scum to cop, I can’t mason with them... it’s not that good.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:38 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
The thread is so quiet now. The majority of the players are waiting to see how the few scummiest people react to the situation. Namely Red, FF, and Yolinda.

JimBob lynch is a done deal.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:05 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:...

If h_a/Yolinda is modkilled, does his Possesion ability still activate?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Zyth wrote:Whoops. I mean uh Frozen is totes an option and I have no idea who the play is *throat clear*

Zyth and BoomFrog's interactions are hilarious. Really looking forward to seeing their chat logs later.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
plytho crumbing Mega Man?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
poor plytho, he’s a townie, and now Zyth thinks he’s megaman

At least he’ll have a better meta now.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:41 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
"You can redirect Boom to Boom."--#HBC | Zyth

Actually if mpolo did do that and depending on whether he or Sabrar did the NK, that could have some spectacular effects. :twisted:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:42 pm UTC

@moody
Crossover:
Spoiler:
what would happen? I want to know!!!!

moody7277 wrote:Crossover

Spoiler:
"You can redirect Boom to Boom."--#HBC | Zyth

Actually if mpolo did do that and depending on whether he or Sabrar did the NK, that could have some spectacular effects. :twisted:
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm UTC

Crossover @ PW
Spoiler:
Well, if I remember the mechanics of mpolo's claim right (and Zen seems to be interpreting it a similar way), that would mean that if BoomFrog performs the NK, it would be redirected to himself. Might shake up a lot of assumptions about the game (although several people already think he's scummy). It would also be vicarious revenge for what he did to me N0/D1.

Peaceful Whale wrote:@moody
Crossover:
Spoiler:
what would happen? I want to know!!!!

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:37 pm UTC

@moody
Spoiler:
:lol:
Here’s to hoping......
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
73 pages can break a man...

RL tiredness is real though.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:00 am UTC

Crossover.
Spoiler:
I thought of this after the lynch, but I think town me would have realized it sooner. JimBob would have used his ability N1 if he were scum and almost lynched D1. The fact that he withheld it was super townie.

I'd feel guilty if I were town...

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
So setup must be 13-3-2-1-1, with moody and h_a receiving more powerful abilities than us. Will be hard to actively scum-hunt from now on. I assume YOLOSWAG already provided the link to our scum-chat for the spectators so I won't repeat myself but damn we had this game in the bag if we could have coordinated just a little bit better.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
So I vanished for a second there and there's like 9 pages so I'm not going to have time to analyse a lot of content - aaaand it turns out that night seems to have fallen while I was out, so I am now writing this post in the discussion thread and will have to post it D4 (assuming it wasn't me that was lynched of course)

Oooo a question that's not about reads but about actual claims and stuff!!! I can do this!!!!!! Firstly did I miss jimbob's claim? The claims list I try to put at the bottom of each of my posts is not just a decoration, please help me keep it up to date: in a game this size stuff gets missed.

Secondly, I can't do it now, Later. dinner to cook.
So Madge never came back to this? What a surprise.

Thursday is Survivor night, of the regular and designated varieties. Sorry I didn't get back to it. Then my Friday and Saturday were pretty jam-packed and now it's Sunday afternoon and the bloody thread is locked because I didn't keep track of deadlines. I'm really sorry it's actually kind of breaking my heart that I'm disappointing Bessie.

(at this point I realised I could have been lynched so I went to check out the lynch result - jimbob - and make sure it wasn't me)

Timezone note: viewtopic.php?p=4254184#p4254184 was posted at 9:41 am Saturday morning, not Saturday afternoon. I study/have nice breakfast with family/do housework on Saturday mornings so I am not available then, FWIW. It turns out that was also when the deadline was, and my computer overheated and was in pieces being sprayed with canned air during deadline.

At this point everyone bascially wants to lynch/stump me yet somehow aren't doing it so idgaf anymore. I'm kind of over this whole game rn. (will probably edit this before I actually post it because that's an unsporting thing to say but i'm venting in gojoe so there you go)

So, looks like we potentially have enough active people to activate my power today. My first power is I get to block one person from voting. I'll accept underline votes for who I should block from voting tomorrow night. I will then probably-but-not-guaranteed (purely to keep scum guessing) block the first or second vote getter from voting. Up to y'all if it's worth the votes. If it's not I'll keep being VT I guess.

=========
CLAIMS
Madge: half-jester (is given powers if she is half-lynched, good for three half-lynches; tree stumps if she hammers a lynch)
Mpolo: bus driver (switch Zyth/amrock N1)
Zyth: comparison cop: request someone else to send the names and gets to comapre alignments (N0 target Sabrar, N1 target EGW)
Laserguy: Miller
Plytho: can chat iwth anyone who votes with him (claimed by LaserGuy)

(Zyth claims that PW was a one-shot cop that massons target if innocent)

FLIPS
<to be done when I have time>
PW: Mason cop (1 shot)
Jimbob: vote limiter (once per game can designate 2 players as the only ones who can be voted for that day)

Also crossover, but more meta

Spoiler:
Meta-wise this is kind of hurting my self esteem, and I know I'm probably just being sensitive. This game moves too quickly for me to really be able to do more than just read the posts, and even THAT is a huge burden on my personal life. If I had known the game would be as crazy paced as it is, I would NEVER have signed up in a million years. The only reason I'm not quitting is because I value this community and I don't want to remove a town player from the game and I know it SUCKS when people quit because they are not happy with the way the game is going, so I am being nice to this community.

But people calling me useless, referring to me as "it" or a waste of a "slot" (as in, "stump the slot"/"stump it") - it just makes me feel disrespected. I swear if I get stumped I just want to raegquaat, but I'm not going to do that because that would be anti-town and by gum I will try and be pro town even if it's just pro my neutered version of town because apparently I suck at this game so much I may as well not bother playing

Again, I'm probably being a bit too precious, but I'm sad and I want to articulate that. My mental health hasn't been its strongest these past few months (tldr new boss sucks) and this has been a place where I've been able to have silly fun for some 5 years (wow where does the time go) and now when I'm trying my best given the big pile of circumstances this game is throwing at me (SERIOUSLy, 8 PAGES IN TWO DAYS? WTF), I'm being attacked. I mean, I get it - I'm not a plytho or laserguy or EGW or whoever else is SOMEHOW MANAGING TO FIND TIME IN THEIR LIVES to make these crazy long reads posts and keep track of everything. So don't give me a cookie or whatever, but seriously?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:17 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Think I'm going to withhold reading spoilers for now. I enjoy the suspense of not finding out what happens until I would when I'm in the game.

Yolinda flipped mafia. Could I really be right with my original final four? I don't think so exactly - I'm gradually getting convinced about Zyth being town, and have talked myself out of being stubborn over FrozenFlame. So my remaining three guess is BoomFrog, Red Ryu, and FrozenFlame. Mpolo is an outside candidate, simply due to lack of much useful content, and I'm pretty comfortable with everyone else.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho

Postby plytho » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:22 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
Well, that was a surprising end of the day. I really don't know what to think of LaserGuy after that claim. I'm kind of sharing my thoughts with him in the hope that he's town and he can share them on in case I die. I'm aware that I may be lending my invertigative powers to scum, but I always assume scum to know everything an individual townie knows. So I don't think I'm helping them too much by potentially sharing my thoughts.

People that would really surprise me if they flip scum: bessie, Evil George Washington, Sabrar, mpolo
People that would surprise me less: Zen, Madge
People that wouldn't surprise me: LaserGuy, FrozenFlame, Red Ryu and BoomFrog

BoomFrog is possibly connected to Madge and/or LaserGuy.

A lot of Zen's actions look suspicious in light of today's flips. His push on jimbob D1 and his defense of Yolinda D3 make him look pretty bad. I don't think he's necessarily scum for it though but he's been very actively wrong three days in a row.

I feel if LaserGuy is scum I'll probably survive tonight, if he's town I have a huge target on my head. If he's town I'm dangerous to scum since there's a decent chance there will be three townies chatting D4, with a lot of information coming out of the mass claim.

In other words, LaserGuy's survival will make him look more suspicious.

I'll take a better look at that bottom 4 tonight and share my thoughts with Laser. (not all of them though)
he him his

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:58 pm UTC

@jimbobmacdoodle Crossover

Spoiler:
You played well, had some of the better reads in the game. Sorry to see you go.

bessie

Postby bessie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

Crossover Mafia

Spoiler:
Gojoe, did I really neglect you all of D3? Sorry, but this game is sucking up all my free time as it is! Not that I’m complaining, I’m just disappointed that I couldn’t devote even more time to it. I feel like I’m letting the DGamers down because they want live interaction, and that’s not the usual playstyle for xkcd, maybe because we’re spread out so much (we have players from the US, Europe, Australia, etc in every game). I also had a RL issue that happened at about the same time this game started. A friend’s mom had a stroke, and all her family lives out of state, so I was going to visit her after work for the past six weeks (they finally moved her to Washington). Now I have finally have a couple more hours every day and I’m probably dead. Such is fate.

Peaceful Whale, I’m sorry you got killed, I was sure I was going to draw the night kill because I thought your role might be read by others as an innocent child since D1 you implied you could give someone something, so they would kill me to keep me from confirming you. It wasn’t until I did my reread on N2 that I realized you may have left too many cop breadcrumbs, or I would have tried a little harder to draw the kill on D2 since my power is worthless anyway. You played a very good game considering your unfortunate RL issues on D2. You should take being night killed as a badge of honor, it means someone fears you! Please don’t get discouraged, I hope you stick around and sign up for more games.

Sorry about that jimbob, I wanted to lynch plytho but no one but me thinks he’s scum. And plytho’s defense of you on D1 is suspicious, so I thought he was protecting you. Maybe he is.

So the Gojoe thread seems a little slow, not as many posts as I would expect. Maybe all the players are overwhelmed like me. Spectators and dead players, you can post here too! Let us know how we’re doing! Follow along and critique our play in spoilers that we can’t read until we’re dead. I love reading spoilers later that make fun of me for all the mistakes I’m making in the game. And seeing that someone is watching sometimes helps encourages me to keep going when I’ve run dry for content. See here for an example.

Pre post edit: I just logged in to post this and see I have a pm. Fuck you moody and heury. :) ... :D ... :lol: ... :twisted:

Return to “Mafia”