The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Peaceful Whale

Re: The Gojoe Memorial Mafia Discussion Thread

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:41 pm UTC

Crossover....

Spoiler:
Wait, did Bessie get a PM from huery and moody? Is she now also scum!!!!!!!! L HE READS ARE MESSED UP!!!! SABAR AND ZYTH ARE SCUM!!!! TOWNIES, YOU’RE BEING PLAYED!!!!
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:28 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
bessie wrote:Pre post edit: I just logged in to post this and see I have a pm. Fuck you moody and heury. :) ... :D ... :lol: ... :twisted:

Apologies for after the game, this not the best situation for you. Obviously huery and I didn't plan for me to be lynched D1 and whatever happened to him to happen. Our main reason was you "complaining" about always being town (and it worked considering you're on the top of most townie lists); I believe I used the phrase "corrupt the cutie".
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:35 am UTC

Crossover Mafia

Spoiler:
Hmmm, I wonder what moody’s latest post is about. Me me me? :shock:

(Just being sarcastic, I know it’s about me, I received a notification that I was quoted.)

Sigh, a whole day of alternating between outrage and despair (my husband’s like “forget about that damn game already”) and I’m over my initial shock at suddenly being converted to an unwinnable faction right before I am night killed anyway. If I’m not killed I need to make it to the very end to have any chance of winning, which is probably not going to happen since I am “confirmed” town. I have a worthless power. And if heury or Yolinda used any night actions, they didn’t leave the results in the mafia chat log (Why not guys? You knew I was coming, you could have at least left me your targets and results!). Sunday is my free day and I planned on working on my reads all day but I didn’t do anything. I’m too discouraged after having mason chat with a mostly absent partner, mafia chat with no one to chat with, and spending all my free time in the past month working toward the town win condition to put a lot of effort in to this anymore. :(

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing that no one can beat bessie at setup spec. 8-)
bessie wrote: I’m still pondering the setup. I’ve been leaning toward more than one anti-town faction. Based on the flips, my current guess is one main mafia group with a kill, one anti-town group with a goal based wincon, and 2-3 independents.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:16 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Win is still possible, need to get FF + LaserGuy lynched. Possibly killing bessie today, EGW tomorrow? Or vice versa. Depends on what we decide to do with mpolo/Ryu claims. Town does not seem to have a Doc which is incredibly weird with 2 scum-teams.
I think everything I'll claim today regarding Mega Man will be the absolute truth (and would clear me given other circumstances) but if they happen to think I'm scum they won't believe me anyway which is a shame.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
GoJoe is busy tonight.

Predictions:
-NK will be EGW.
-Scum is Frozen/Ryu.
-BoomFrog push will be diverted by mason claim. I may be plan B.

I imagine that this will probably be discussed at length D4, but I am perfectly content with my decision to reveal plytho's ability. Retrospectively, I suppose it might have been better to wait until D4, but I felt that him not making any attempt to recruit D2 or D4 (since bessie will hopefully be protected by mpolo, if not, then likely NKed, and plytho had no alternative choices) seemed to suggest that he was lying about the nature of his ability and 2) even if he wasn't lying about his, his actual play was sufficiently anti-town that I felt justified in forcing the issue. plytho is too concerned with protecting himself than with winning for town... his decisions with respect to his role have been scummy, and his excuse ("If I ask for a vote then everyone will assume I'm scum and I'll just get lynched") is seriously bullshit. At a guess, I would expect bessie, mpolo, Zyth, BoomFrog, Madge, and myself to have been willing to vote for him without asking questions if we were townreading him at the time. If he's town, I hope plytho doesn't get nightkilled over this, but, honestly, it will be no great loss to town if he does, and would probably put us in a stronger position than losing somebody like BoomFrog or Sabrar.

Curious about other opinions on this postgame, though I expect I'll get an earful come D4 regardless.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
Here's where my paranoid mind is taking me right now: Zen-Boom-LaserGuy team?

A scummy reason for LaserGuy to claim my power is for scum to get more use out of it.

I refused to bring in new players and made it clear to LaserGuy that I didn't fully trust him. I wanted to target bessie, but they intend to kill her so D4 would still just be LaserGuy and me. Scum wanted to get info on a townie or influence me. That's why LaserGuy thought of bringing in Sabrar (info on townie) or BoomFrog (influence me). I refused both. They figure claiming my power would generate some votes and allow them to influence me (Zen) or get info on a townie (EGW).
[edit] wait, that's impossible, there's no way Zen and LaserGuy are scum together. Forgot about the judgement.
he him his

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:16 pm UTC

crossover

Spoiler:
Aah, I don't know who to choose. I want someone that survives the night but they're all good night kill candidates. Bessie for being pretty much cop-confirmed, EGW for being the strongest general town read, Zen because he'll be unprotected and to stop him from generating results the next night. I'm also a night kill candidate if LaserGuy is town. (I'm pretty sure scum doesn't want three townies talking behind their back).

I should have asked EGW to use his protection again. Then I could safely recruit him without worries.

Out of the three I trust Zen the least but I think he'll be the most fun.
I'm not sure where bessie's at after jimbob's flip, but she intends to tunnel BoomFrog D4 and was pushing BoomFrog hard D3 so I might have gained a few townie points. Probably not the best candidate though.
I think EGW is less likely than the others to be targeted by the kill so I might just pick him.

Or I just roll a die and see where I end up..
he him his

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Getting impatient. Though might be advantegous if I'm legitimately not online at day-start.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:23 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Sigh, I got all excited when Sabar posted here, he’s just moaning about how long the day is... I’m bored guys, be more interesting!
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
RIP, Zen...
How does it feel to have you top townie reads scum? You did much better than me. I would have used the journal and copy/pasted a book into it, and would have left it as that... :P Sabrar would have probably read through it all anyways.... he’s like that.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 am UTC

@Zen
Crossover
Spoiler:
Super fun to play with you. Hopefully we can play again sometime. PM me if you are ever in Seattle area.

Well played on the fake cop thing. It seemed a little strong but it was plausible with all the hoop jumping you had to do. From scum chat:
Boomfrog wrote:Why did Zen not want to be protected by the doctor? Feels like a weird trap I don't understand. Maybe I should carry out the kill or red should?

Now it all makes sense.

Woof.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:33 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I'm really glad I did not block Zen. Meaning, I'm glad I forgot to send an action. I thought he might have been scum with Boom and Ryu.
I really thought he was playing me and playing a good game. I'm thinking scum may just be Ryu Boom Bessie.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:37 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Good news: EGW is in chat.
Bad news: Zyth flip is very confusing. So he lied about being a comparison cop and was just planning on, what, giving whatever result he wanted? Kind of weird. Also that he's not a mason with BoomFrog has me very troubled. I don't really know where to go from here. I guess start at the beginning and reread everyone.

#HBC | Zyth

Postby #HBC | Zyth » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Grr I can't believe I defended scum from EGW twice...

Hopefully any of my input is taken with a grain of salt.

@PW: Sadly I'm used to it T__T

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
I'm tanking here... time for the risky version of my claim.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:50 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
As long as we're discussing claims, here's what I was given as a fake claim.

Tracer [Overwatch]. Your "Blink" ability can be used three times; if used, you are not affected by any direct abilities that Night. Each Night it is not used, you recharge one of the three uses.

I guess the Blink ability is to mirror the Wraith form my real role has.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Honestly have absolutely no idea what happened, is Madge simply lying? :?: :?: :?:

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:02 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Serious scum slip by Sabrar there... town backup also gets the power of NKed townies and can't get scum powers. MegaMan is significantly different.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:44 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Madge wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Madge is just focusing on role stuff, still dislike this slot immensely but need to think about roles and claims along with a recent scum flip.

Please do not refer to me in dehumanising language with phrases like "this slot".

:lol:

I think she’s joking? It’s funny either way...
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 am UTC

Crossover @ PW

Spoiler:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Crossover:
Madge wrote:
#HBC | Red Ryu wrote:Madge is just focusing on role stuff, still dislike this slot immensely but need to think about roles and claims along with a recent scum flip.

Please do not refer to me in dehumanising language with phrases like "this slot".

I'm pretty sure she is NOT joking. The culture clash is this game has been awful; the Smashboards players seem to have a much more aggressive style to mafia and this policy about independent aligned roles seems to be the most egregious example of it. It's kind of sad that I as scum was willing to let Madge have her fun while they of the other site are going "kill it with fire". Makes me not so sad about getting lynched D1 (that and the ungodly posting volume they expect).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:32 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
I know you two are talking about how they should lynch me already. It's not over yet.

Although, yeah, 50/50 I'm dead.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:59 am UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
I've been wrong about pretty much every read this game. I really don't know any more

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:33 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
Funny enough, we use "this slot" to make things less personal. It makes it clear we're not saying we hate/dislike the person, but just their "slot"
in the game. Madge seems to be taking it the wrong way. Than again her signature says she's writing a yaoi novel so I'm not really upset for her :wink:
Last edited by Maven89 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Postby #HBC | Red Ryu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 am UTC

Spoiler:
I'll respond to this post game do not quote or tag me on this topic until then

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:46 am UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
You guys are all wrong. LaserGuy or plytho are getting lynched.

The funniest part is EGW thinks I'm town and feels guilty that I caught him lying about his power use.

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:59 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I think it's either [Boom Sabrar Madge] or [Boom Ryu Frozenflame] and I am leaning with the former. I'd like to die via night kill but my best shot of using my role to the fullest is using Barrier. I come to realize I don't like to remain in the game too long. It's awesome to be town and have a possibility of being removed from the game in a positive way. Having barrier forces me to use it to stay in the game, which burns me out. I think Madge is making up all the emotional stuff.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:00 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Crossover @ PW

Spoiler:
Peaceful Whale wrote:Crossover:
Madge wrote:

I'm pretty sure she is NOT joking. The culture clash is this game has been awful; the Smashboards players seem to have a much more aggressive style to mafia and this policy about independent aligned roles seems to be the most egregious example of it. It's kind of sad that I as scum was willing to let Madge have her fun while they of the other site are going "kill it with fire". Makes me not so sad about getting lynched D1 (that and the ungodly posting volume they expect).

Corssover:
Spoiler:
Oh, I thought Red Ryu was reffering to boomfrog’s spreadsheet, and didn’t like how Madge’s slots were looking........... and was reffering to her as a slot becuase he was refernceing that...

Poor Madge.
Note: it’s not funny anymore.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
I'm surprised nobody's considering the scum!watcher-BoomFrog case as far as I can see. Watcher is a usable power for scum, because it allows them to see who might be PRs, and is a plausible power for town to have, so doesn't need a fake-claim. Everybody seems to be assuming that either BoomFrog is lying about his ability, or is town, from what I can tell. Maybe I've missed something somewhere.

Not sure what I think about the claim by RR. That's quite a powerful ability, if it's not limited, possibly the most powerful ability we've seen all game. I would see giving out notes that you protected someone (assuming they are truthful) is a benefit, not a limitation as one or two players have suggested. If the players received a PM from the mod saying they received a message saying they were protected, I would definitely say it's a false message. Otherwise, I agree that if the PM said they were protected, without giving any indication that this was a note from a player saying so, then I'd consider it bastard under the "mod-lying" kind (although that doesn't mean it's not possible, but possibly a bit of a stretch).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG

Postby #HBC | YOLOSWAG » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
Welp.....plenty of salt and frustration. Typical smashboards game, lol.

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:34 pm UTC

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Crossover
Spoiler:
Welp.....plenty of salt and frustration. Typical smashboards game, lol.

Crossover

Spoiler:
Maven89 wrote:How this game is going to go now that Dgames is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9QaXL5fTI

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:54 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I'm now thinking it is [Boom Laser Plytho]. I am reminded of Boom and Plytho voting Dark Horse D1, possible connection to lurking scum they wanted to poke into the game. Laser really wants to avoid Boom vs Ryu. Madge continues to do nothing, but I'm going to try to rally her to help and be motivated. It's possible she really is pissed off by the push on her since no one usually pushes her, in a way she is a bit spoiled. Either way, I am eventually going to need her help. I can understand Ryu really wanting Madge dead today. Boom is really stretching things to scumread me. I almost reconsidered him but he still seems scummy. He has got to go. I'm going to talk some sense into Frozen.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 pm UTC

Crossover
Spoiler:
I think defending BoomFrog will end up okay. If he flips scum, then we're in good shape even after I likely eat a mislynch

If he flips town it will be a good information lynch.

I suppose there's an edge case where Boom survives but not likely.

I think he's town, but my reads this game have been sufficiently awful that it's probably best to bet against me :D

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
I'm currently reading [Boom Laser Plytho] as the final scumteam. Frozen is the only thing throwing my reads into a wrench. Even so, I feel that would mean more scum to find. :| If there is a second scumteam, it might be [Frozen Ryu]. Yet Ryu feels town in some interactions with me, so that's probably not a thing. It's possible Frozen is having a hard time, but this is not a mirror image of his play in our last game. Frozen if you are town I hope you pick it up from here. There isn't much I can do to help you. Only you, can stop forest fires.

bessie

Postby bessie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:10 am UTC

Crossover Mafia
Spoiler:
Hi Gojoe, I already dumped all my thoughts including my setup spec in the game thread. How am I doing moody? I’m still totally pissed at being possessed and don’t think I can win, since I will need to get rid of the other mafia and make it to the end with one townie (I think…I don’t quite understand my win condition…if I actually last another day I will ask the mod for clarification…). With 10 alive it doesn’t seem likely, it would be nice if I had like, a kill or a useful power or something. :P I guess I could play this more like a survivor and try to lurk my way to the end but that’s not how I roll. Interesting that I am being so attacked for lack of content when I feel I have been contributing a lot, maybe not in post quantity but I have been contributing content-dense, quality posts throughout the game. I don’t do fluff.

Overswarm, if you are following this game, I didn’t mean what I said in this post:
bessie wrote:C) WTF? Are you kidding me? What good is that going to be, if I even decide to use it? I can’t imagine that this is in any way whatsoever useful. Oh well, effectively vanilla town I guess. Good thing my deductive powers are totally awesome. Maybe Overswarm is overrated.

I just wrote that because I was using it to attack plytho for his wrong belief that all is fair, every kid gets the same amount of ice cream, and therefore in a mafia game everyone’s powers are roughly equal. I was totally happy with my role, until D4. :) :( :wink:

Evil George Washington

Postby Evil George Washington » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:24 am UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
So I'm feeling it is [Frozen Flame, Ryu, Laser] now. If Boom is scum I let him slip away, yet I can't in good conscience let Boom die over lurking Frozen Flame. Boom had this backwards way of reading everything wrong but I'll give him that it's possible the same thing that happened with me on D3 happened to him. I hope he's town and can improve his play.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
" :shock: did I just turn the lynch around?

that's a first..."--Madge

Yes Madge, you just kept town from lynching scum for another day. I hope you're happy with yourself (once you read this after the game of course).

plytho

Postby plytho » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:28 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
This is hard! I don't think FrozenFlame and BoomFrog are buddies. But I do think they both look scummiest out of all players. That means it's very important to get it right.
he him his

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Hmm... Sabrar/plytho?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm UTC

Crossover:
Spoiler:
Sharks vs Jets baby...

BoomFrog
FrozenFlame
Red Ryu
LaserGuy
kinda mpolo
vs
Sabrar
EGW
Plytho
mostly Bessie (but she's against Madge, and now suspects Sabrar.
kinda Madge

Sabrar and I have really naturally complimented eachother's styles, and Red's played a solid game too after D1. This is so fun. I can't believe I didn't get lynched, I'm grinning ear to ear. Bessie is going to be pissed at the end of the game / when I flip. I just gotta not push too hard and still let FF still get lynched. Tomorrow Sabrar might get lynched though. Hopefully we can keep it focused on plytho first

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 pm UTC

Crossover

Spoiler:
"Bessie is going to be pissed at the end of the game / when I flip." --BoomFrog

Oh BF, bessie already has something she's much more pissed off about. :twisted: You escaping the noose today is merely vengeance deferred not vengeance denied, EGW will be back around to you probably tomorrow when FF flips town.

#HBC | YOLOSWAG wrote:Kneel before Zod.

If it gets down to possessed!bessie and one other townie, what's the endstate of the game?

Return to “Mafia”