Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

emlightened

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby emlightened » Fri May 27, 2016 7:27 pm UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Description: This will be a normal closed game with the following added twist: Players will be paired into secret 2-player pen pal groups randomly regardless of alignment. Players will have 1) unlimited day+night private chat with their pen pal and 2) a special bonus power (or extra facet of their original power) as long as their pen pal is alive.
Mod: Snark (PM me if interested in co-modding)
Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-4 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day).
Size: 10, 12, or 14. Restricted to an even number of players by design. If an odd number sign-up, the last sign-up will be bumped to replacements.
Bastardry: None.

Players:
1. Sabrar (D3 here I come)
2. emlightened (note to self: push Sabrar lynch if he survives N2)
← approximately how gay I am.
"a nebulous cloud of different combinations of styling bodily features"
"on either side of a wrought iron fence made of tigers"

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Fri May 27, 2016 9:01 pm UTC

emlightened wrote:Pen Pals Mafia

Description: This will be a normal closed game with the following added twist: Players will be paired into secret 2-player pen pal groups randomly regardless of alignment. Players will have 1) unlimited day+night private chat with their pen pal and 2) a special bonus power (or extra facet of their original power) as long as their pen pal is alive.
Speed: 5-7 day Days. 2-4 day Nights. Weekends run the clock down half as quickly as normal days (ie Saturday+Sunday is considered 1 real life day).
Size: 10, 12, or 14. Restricted to an even number of players by design. If an odd number sign-up, the last sign-up will be bumped to replacements.

Players:
3. Mikemk (Vote: Lynch Sabrar and emlightened)
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 pm UTC

What the hell, I'll give it a go.

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri May 27, 2016 10:07 pm UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri May 27, 2016 11:28 pm UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
6. dimochka (blame the carrier pigeon)
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat May 28, 2016 12:42 am UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
10. Madge (happy to be replacement, so keep me at the bottom if it fills)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 am UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
7. Djehutynakht

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Sat May 28, 2016 5:33 am UTC

I will be unavailable in the coming week, and forgot when I signed up. Sorry. If Signups are still open when I get back, add me back in.

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
7. Djehutynakht
Possible, depending on when game starts:
1. Mikemk
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 28, 2016 8:54 am UTC

<move along nothing to see here>
Last edited by jimbobmacdoodle on Sat May 28, 2016 8:57 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Sat May 28, 2016 8:55 am UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
3. jimbobmacdoodle (uses one shot kill on Sabrar during N2).
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
7. Djehutynakht
1. Mikemk
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat May 28, 2016 9:57 am UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
7. Djehutynakht
8. mpolo (happy to be playing for a change!)
1. Mikemk
Image <-- Evil experiment

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:36 pm UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Players:
4. flicky1991
5. Carlington
7. Djehutynakht
8. mpolo (happy to be playing for a change!)
9. moody7277
1. Mikemk
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun May 29, 2016 9:22 pm UTC

Pen Pals Mafia

Sign-ups closed. Adjusting setup now. Role PMs will be out within 24 hours.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 pm UTC

Behind the Mask.

I initially posted this in forum games but it was suggested it might be more suitable in the mafia forum. If this gets enough players, what forum should it be played in? Requires 14 players

Spoiler:
Basics
-The last player standing is the victor.
-All players are given a role at random
-A player’s role is not revealed when they die
-Players may PM other players during the game as long as the moderator is included. They may not PM during the voting phase.
-Dead players cannot post
-Actions, gifts, and guesses are sent to the moderator.

Phases
-The game itself has four phases.
-Discussion is permitted and encouraged throughout all phases.

Challenge Phase
-The Challenge Phase lasts 72 hours, or until all players have challenged or nochallenged and all pending challenges are resolved.
-The game begins on this phase.
-Players may “/challenge” other players to dances or duels. Post in this thread "/challenge heury to duel" or "/challenge heury to dance"
-Once issued, the challenged player must choose whether to “/accept” the challenge or use one “/deny” (all players begin the game with one "/deny". The "/deny" is an obtainable item in the game used to stop challenges)
-If the challenged player does not respond by the end of the Challenge Phase, the challenge is automatically accepted.
-If a player does not wish to challenge, they may instead “/nochallenge”. This allows the phase to end earlier. Players must still choose whether to accept or deny challenges.
-The results of the challenges will be posted at the end of the Action Phase (see Action Phase).
-The victors of duels and dances are determined by which player’s roles are higher on the respective list (see below), plus any interfering abilities.
-Each player may only challenge once per Challenge Phase (even if the challenge is denied), but can be challenged multiple times.

Duel
Barbarian
Soldier
Blacksmith
Man-At-Arms
Wizard
Blackmailer
Poisoner
Peasant
Judge
Royal
Student
Professor
Thief
Musician

Dance
Thief
Musician
Royal
Blackmailer
Professor
Judge
Peasant
Wizard
Poisoner
Soldier
Student
Barbarian
Man-At-Arms
Blacksmith

Action Phase
-The Action Phase lasts 24 hours, or until all actions have been received.
-Roles with abilities that are used during the Action Phase can PM the moderator to use them.
-Players may begin selected gifts (see Voting Phase).
-The results for duels and dances will be posted at the end of the Action Phase.

Voting Phase
-The Voting Phase lasts 48 hours, or until all players have voted.
-Any player who lost a duel or dance during the past Challenge Phase is a valid vote target.
-PM me your vote
-The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be executed.
-If there is a tie, no player is executed.
-Players may also select gifts during this phase (see below).
-For each challenge participated in (no matter if won or lost) the player earns one gift. Gifts that each player chose is revealed at the end of the Voting Phase.
-inactivity during voting phase will result in you getting modkilled

Gifts
Extra Deny- Grants an extra deny to deny a challenge. Each player starts with one deny.
Extra Switch- Grants an extra plate switch to swap plates. Each player starts with one switch (see Dinner Phase)
Free Guess- During the upcoming Dinner Phase, you may make a guess as to a player’s role with no consequence for guessing wrong). If you are correct, they will be executed. You may only select one of this gift at a time.
Guess Immunity- You are not a valid guess target during the next Dinner Phase.
Antidote- You are immune to poison during the next Dinner Phase only.
Lottery Ticket- If you are the only player to select this gift in any given Voting Phase, you earn one of every other gift. If multiple players select this gift, none earn the reward. You may not select this gift in consecutive Voting Phases.

Dinner Phase
-The Dinner Phase ends after 24 hours, or after all players have switched or noswitched.
-Each player is given a plate of food.
-You may “/switch” your food with any of the other players via PM to me, called a plate switch (each player begins with one plate switch).
-You may also secretly switch your plate with another player, agreed to through PMs. Both players must PM me for the secret switch to take place. This action is free and does not require a plate switch
-At the end of the phase, each player eats the food in front of them.
-Players who eat poison food will die.
-You may make a guess as to another player’s role via PM to me. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. However, if you are incorrect, you will be executed. This is called guessing at the Stake of your Life. You may only guess at the Stake of your Life once per Dinner Phase
-In addition, if you received a free guess as a gift, you must use it during the Dinner Phase. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. All attempted guesses are revealed at the end of the Dinner Phase.

Role Cards
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Barbarian

You are a Barbarian!
Across the land, your name is whispered in fearful corners and shouted from the peaks of mountains. Mighty conquerors seek mighty trophies, and the Palace is certainly a worthy trophy.

Three times per game, during the Dinner Phase, you may intimidate one player, preventing them from challenging, and forcing them to accept all offers for challenges. PM the Moderator to use this power.
If you intimidate a player, the intimidated player will be announced at the beginning of the Challenge Phase.

Blackmailer

You are a Blackmailer!
Your hobby is certainly dirty- in that you dig up dirt. Research and preparation are the keys to success. Before you entered the Palace, you were already familiar with every tidbit and secret embedded in the past of the other players- secrets that will make them cringe in fear and do your bidding.

During the Dinner Phase, you may blackmail one player. PM the Moderator to use this power.
Blackmailed players must participate in a challenge during the Challenge Phase, or will die. Only the blackmailed player will know that they are blackmailed.

Blacksmith

You are a Blacksmith!
Steel flows like water under your steady gaze and steady flame. The pounding of your hammer crafts works of art and workers of war. One of your weapons in a hand guarantees victory.

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winner(s) of the accepted duel(s).
Five times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a duel. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may use this ability once on yourself. If a Judge cancels a challenge that you have meddled with, you retain your switch.

Judge

You are the Judge!

It is up to you to interpret the law however you like. Your word carries weight that others can only dream of, and you use this power to its fullest potential. Whether its stopping a skirmish before it happens, or even pushing men into battle, when all is said and done, you have the ultimate say.

Four times per game during the Action Phase you may cancel a challenge. The results of the challenge would not be revealed, and the participants would not earn gifts. Alternatively, you may force a denied challenge instead. If the Musician or Blacksmith meddles with a challenge that you cancel, they will retain their switch.

Man-At-Arms

You are a Man-At-Arms!
All these poor people attempting to fool their way to riches, you have, and always has, been an excellent murderer. By detecting weakness in the group, you can spread fear with one simple line - Who done it?

Once per Voting Phase, you may shoot one person if you have a "shot". They will not survive the shot unless they are the Soldier. If you shoot the Soldier, the Soldier will kill you instead and you will be revealed as the Man-At-Arms.
You can only shoot losers of duels/dances.
You gain a "shot" every time you defeat a player in a duel or dance.
The Shooting is silent, meaning it does not reveal your role.
You cannot store more than 1 shot at a time.
You begin the game with one shot, but cannot use it during the first Voting Phase.

Musician

You are a Musician!
Perfect pitch, perfect playing... perfect music. Hands dance across strings and keys as the notes rise and fall. No matter the tune, no matter the tempo, every song ascends to perfection in your grasp. Yet with a single twist, that song becomes an instrument of death.

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winner(s) of the accepted dance(s).
Five times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a dance. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may use this ability once on yourself. If a Judge cancels a challenge that you have meddled with, you retain your switch.

Peasant

You are a Peasant!
Every day, you go out onto your simple plot of land and farm. But those who look past your grubby face will find a mind as sharp as a tack. The world is an open book to you, as darting eyes pick out nuances in every scenario.

You will be notified whenever the Blacksmith or the Musician interferes in a challenge.
You will not be notified which specific challenge has been interfered with, but you will know if it was a duel or a dance.
You will be notified of any secret plate switches.
You will be notified of the original target for the poisoner. (Not post-switch)

Poisoner

You are a Poisoner!
There is no better color than the pale blue of asphyxiation. Or perhaps a simple white pallor. Hmm, but the rich re- No matter. Your art is that of death, slipped unnoticed into a vein, on the rim of a cup, among familiar foods...

You may poison a player's food during the Voting Phase. If they eat it, they will die during the dinner phase. PM the Moderator to use this power.

Professor!

You are a Professor!
A higher education you had, and a higher education you now teach. You are an expert in the field of social analysis. Whether it be his posture, or or his grin, or another tell that no one but you can pick up upon, all you need to determine the past, present, and true intentions of a man is to observe him.

Whenever you guess a player's role, you may also submit a secondary guess to the moderator for the same player. If the secondary guess is correct, it will be displayed as your submitted guess, otherwise, your primary guess, whether correct or incorrect, will be displayed. Whenever you win a challenge, you may submit a third guess the following Dinner Phase. If all of these guesses are wrong, you die.

Royal

You are a Royal!
The blood running through your veins is undeniably royal. An aura of command encircles and influences those who behold you. Combined with a forceful and assertive personality, you can direct others without their knowledge.

Your vote counts as two during the Voting Phase.

Once per game, during the Voting Phase, you may force a vote (that is automatically wind majority vote). PM the Moderator to use this power.

Soldier

You are a Soldier!
You went off to war a simple peasant boy, unsure of the world. You returned not a man, but a soldier. With guns, war is hell. With magic, war is worse. Your mind was nearly shattered, and your body forever changed.

You are immune to poison. You will know when someone has attempted to poison you.
If you are attacked by the Man-At-Arms, you will kill them instead.

Student

You are a Student!
During your college years, you could never confine yourself to a single field of study. Thankfully, a natural knack for learning led to the collection of a wide variety of skills. In the Palace, this ability will serve you well, as duelling and dancing are simply other skills.

Each time you participate in a duel or dance, you move up two slots on the corresponding list. Dead players count as being on the lists.

Thief

You are a Thief!
The perfect crime remains unknown. It is a mark of your prowess as a thief that no one had heard your name or seen your exploits. You have stolen from the richest kings, scammed the brightest scholars... Switching plates is like taking candy from a baby.

You may switch player's plates up to five times without their knowledge, every dinner. PM the Moderator to use this power. If the Poisoner dies, you will become the new poisoner. You will inherit the Poisoner's abilities and positions on the Duel and Dance lists, and you will only be guessable as the Poisoner.

Wizard

You are a Wizard!
Why must the magical elite linger among the unpowered civilians? No matter. Your victory is near certain, as you are obvious the the most cunning and clever person here. The other contestants must be grateful that your powers are too flashy .

Once per game, you may choose a player to magically kill. PM the Moderator to use this power.
When you use your power, you will be revealed as the Wizard. There are no restrictions on when you may use this power, only that you cannot use it if you are one of the losers in a voting phase. Once you have been revealed as the Wizard, you have permanent Dinner Phase guess immunity.

1. Lawrencelot
2. Enlightened
3. Faubiguy
4. SirGabriel
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:29 am UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:Behind the Mask.

I initially posted this in forum games but it was suggested it might be more suitable in the mafia forum. If this gets enough players, what forum should it be played in? Requires 14 players

Spoiler:
Basics
-The last player standing is the victor.
-All players are given a role at random
-A player’s role is not revealed when they die
-Players may PM other players during the game as long as the moderator is included. They may not PM during the voting phase.
-Dead players cannot post
-Actions, gifts, and guesses are sent to the moderator.

Phases
-The game itself has four phases.
-Discussion is permitted and encouraged throughout all phases.

Challenge Phase
-The Challenge Phase lasts 72 hours, or until all players have challenged or nochallenged and all pending challenges are resolved.
-The game begins on this phase.
-Players may “/challenge” other players to dances or duels. Post in this thread "/challenge heury to duel" or "/challenge heury to dance"
-Once issued, the challenged player must choose whether to “/accept” the challenge or use one “/deny” (all players begin the game with one "/deny". The "/deny" is an obtainable item in the game used to stop challenges)
-If the challenged player does not respond by the end of the Challenge Phase, the challenge is automatically accepted.
-If a player does not wish to challenge, they may instead “/nochallenge”. This allows the phase to end earlier. Players must still choose whether to accept or deny challenges.
-The results of the challenges will be posted at the end of the Action Phase (see Action Phase).
-The victors of duels and dances are determined by which player’s roles are higher on the respective list (see below), plus any interfering abilities.
-Each player may only challenge once per Challenge Phase (even if the challenge is denied), but can be challenged multiple times.

Duel
Barbarian
Soldier
Blacksmith
Man-At-Arms
Wizard
Blackmailer
Poisoner
Peasant
Judge
Royal
Student
Professor
Thief
Musician

Dance
Thief
Musician
Royal
Blackmailer
Professor
Judge
Peasant
Wizard
Poisoner
Soldier
Student
Barbarian
Man-At-Arms
Blacksmith

Action Phase
-The Action Phase lasts 24 hours, or until all actions have been received.
-Roles with abilities that are used during the Action Phase can PM the moderator to use them.
-Players may begin selected gifts (see Voting Phase).
-The results for duels and dances will be posted at the end of the Action Phase.

Voting Phase
-The Voting Phase lasts 48 hours, or until all players have voted.
-Any player who lost a duel or dance during the past Challenge Phase is a valid vote target.
-PM me your vote
-The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be executed.
-If there is a tie, no player is executed.
-Players may also select gifts during this phase (see below).
-For each challenge participated in (no matter if won or lost) the player earns one gift. Gifts that each player chose is revealed at the end of the Voting Phase.
-inactivity during voting phase will result in you getting modkilled

Gifts
Extra Deny- Grants an extra deny to deny a challenge. Each player starts with one deny.
Extra Switch- Grants an extra plate switch to swap plates. Each player starts with one switch (see Dinner Phase)
Free Guess- During the upcoming Dinner Phase, you may make a guess as to a player’s role with no consequence for guessing wrong). If you are correct, they will be executed. You may only select one of this gift at a time.
Guess Immunity- You are not a valid guess target during the next Dinner Phase.
Antidote- You are immune to poison during the next Dinner Phase only.
Lottery Ticket- If you are the only player to select this gift in any given Voting Phase, you earn one of every other gift. If multiple players select this gift, none earn the reward. You may not select this gift in consecutive Voting Phases.

Dinner Phase
-The Dinner Phase ends after 24 hours, or after all players have switched or noswitched.
-Each player is given a plate of food.
-You may “/switch” your food with any of the other players via PM to me, called a plate switch (each player begins with one plate switch).
-You may also secretly switch your plate with another player, agreed to through PMs. Both players must PM me for the secret switch to take place. This action is free and does not require a plate switch
-At the end of the phase, each player eats the food in front of them.
-Players who eat poison food will die.
-You may make a guess as to another player’s role via PM to me. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. However, if you are incorrect, you will be executed. This is called guessing at the Stake of your Life. You may only guess at the Stake of your Life once per Dinner Phase
-In addition, if you received a free guess as a gift, you must use it during the Dinner Phase. If you are correct, that player will be executed at the end of the Dinner Phase. All attempted guesses are revealed at the end of the Dinner Phase.

Role Cards
Spoiler:

Barbarian

You are a Barbarian!
Across the land, your name is whispered in fearful corners and shouted from the peaks of mountains. Mighty conquerors seek mighty trophies, and the Palace is certainly a worthy trophy.

Three times per game, during the Dinner Phase, you may intimidate one player, preventing them from challenging, and forcing them to accept all offers for challenges. PM the Moderator to use this power.
If you intimidate a player, the intimidated player will be announced at the beginning of the Challenge Phase.

Blackmailer

You are a Blackmailer!
Your hobby is certainly dirty- in that you dig up dirt. Research and preparation are the keys to success. Before you entered the Palace, you were already familiar with every tidbit and secret embedded in the past of the other players- secrets that will make them cringe in fear and do your bidding.

During the Dinner Phase, you may blackmail one player. PM the Moderator to use this power.
Blackmailed players must participate in a challenge during the Challenge Phase, or will die. Only the blackmailed player will know that they are blackmailed.

Blacksmith

You are a Blacksmith!
Steel flows like water under your steady gaze and steady flame. The pounding of your hammer crafts works of art and workers of war. One of your weapons in a hand guarantees victory.

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winner(s) of the accepted duel(s).
Five times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a duel. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may use this ability once on yourself. If a Judge cancels a challenge that you have meddled with, you retain your switch.

Judge

You are the Judge!

It is up to you to interpret the law however you like. Your word carries weight that others can only dream of, and you use this power to its fullest potential. Whether its stopping a skirmish before it happens, or even pushing men into battle, when all is said and done, you have the ultimate say.

Four times per game during the Action Phase you may cancel a challenge. The results of the challenge would not be revealed, and the participants would not earn gifts. Alternatively, you may force a denied challenge instead. If the Musician or Blacksmith meddles with a challenge that you cancel, they will retain their switch.

Man-At-Arms

You are a Man-At-Arms!
All these poor people attempting to fool their way to riches, you have, and always has, been an excellent murderer. By detecting weakness in the group, you can spread fear with one simple line - Who done it?

Once per Voting Phase, you may shoot one person if you have a "shot". They will not survive the shot unless they are the Soldier. If you shoot the Soldier, the Soldier will kill you instead and you will be revealed as the Man-At-Arms.
You can only shoot losers of duels/dances.
You gain a "shot" every time you defeat a player in a duel or dance.
The Shooting is silent, meaning it does not reveal your role.
You cannot store more than 1 shot at a time.
You begin the game with one shot, but cannot use it during the first Voting Phase.

Musician

You are a Musician!
Perfect pitch, perfect playing... perfect music. Hands dance across strings and keys as the notes rise and fall. No matter the tune, no matter the tempo, every song ascends to perfection in your grasp. Yet with a single twist, that song becomes an instrument of death.

At the beginning of the Action Phase, you will be notified of the intended winner(s) of the accepted dance(s).
Five times per game, during the Action Phase, you may change the winner of a dance. PM the Moderator to use this power. You may use this ability once on yourself. If a Judge cancels a challenge that you have meddled with, you retain your switch.

Peasant

You are a Peasant!
Every day, you go out onto your simple plot of land and farm. But those who look past your grubby face will find a mind as sharp as a tack. The world is an open book to you, as darting eyes pick out nuances in every scenario.

You will be notified whenever the Blacksmith or the Musician interferes in a challenge.
You will not be notified which specific challenge has been interfered with, but you will know if it was a duel or a dance.
You will be notified of any secret plate switches.
You will be notified of the original target for the poisoner. (Not post-switch)

Poisoner

You are a Poisoner!
There is no better color than the pale blue of asphyxiation. Or perhaps a simple white pallor. Hmm, but the rich re- No matter. Your art is that of death, slipped unnoticed into a vein, on the rim of a cup, among familiar foods...

You may poison a player's food during the Voting Phase. If they eat it, they will die during the dinner phase. PM the Moderator to use this power.

Professor!

You are a Professor!
A higher education you had, and a higher education you now teach. You are an expert in the field of social analysis. Whether it be his posture, or or his grin, or another tell that no one but you can pick up upon, all you need to determine the past, present, and true intentions of a man is to observe him.

Whenever you guess a player's role, you may also submit a secondary guess to the moderator for the same player. If the secondary guess is correct, it will be displayed as your submitted guess, otherwise, your primary guess, whether correct or incorrect, will be displayed. Whenever you win a challenge, you may submit a third guess the following Dinner Phase. If all of these guesses are wrong, you die.

Royal

You are a Royal!
The blood running through your veins is undeniably royal. An aura of command encircles and influences those who behold you. Combined with a forceful and assertive personality, you can direct others without their knowledge.

Your vote counts as two during the Voting Phase.

Once per game, during the Voting Phase, you may force a vote (that is automatically wind majority vote). PM the Moderator to use this power.

Soldier

You are a Soldier!
You went off to war a simple peasant boy, unsure of the world. You returned not a man, but a soldier. With guns, war is hell. With magic, war is worse. Your mind was nearly shattered, and your body forever changed.

You are immune to poison. You will know when someone has attempted to poison you.
If you are attacked by the Man-At-Arms, you will kill them instead.

Student

You are a Student!
During your college years, you could never confine yourself to a single field of study. Thankfully, a natural knack for learning led to the collection of a wide variety of skills. In the Palace, this ability will serve you well, as duelling and dancing are simply other skills.

Each time you participate in a duel or dance, you move up two slots on the corresponding list. Dead players count as being on the lists.

Thief

You are a Thief!
The perfect crime remains unknown. It is a mark of your prowess as a thief that no one had heard your name or seen your exploits. You have stolen from the richest kings, scammed the brightest scholars... Switching plates is like taking candy from a baby.

You may switch player's plates up to five times without their knowledge, every dinner. PM the Moderator to use this power. If the Poisoner dies, you will become the new poisoner. You will inherit the Poisoner's abilities and positions on the Duel and Dance lists, and you will only be guessable as the Poisoner.

Wizard

You are a Wizard!
Why must the magical elite linger among the unpowered civilians? No matter. Your victory is near certain, as you are obvious the the most cunning and clever person here. The other contestants must be grateful that your powers are too flashy .

Once per game, you may choose a player to magically kill. PM the Moderator to use this power.
When you use your power, you will be revealed as the Wizard. There are no restrictions on when you may use this power, only that you cannot use it if you are one of the losers in a voting phase. Once you have been revealed as the Wizard, you have permanent Dinner Phase guess immunity.

1. Lawrencelot
2. Enlightened
3. Faubiguy
4. SirGabriel
5. Mikemk
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm UTC

Everybody's scum!

Based on the board game Risk.

This game will have 2 factions who are at war, the Brown Barrel Gang, and the Green Silencers. There will also be several unaligned roles. The goal if you're in a faction is to eliminate the other faction(s) + unaligned. The goal for unaligned members is to eliminate all factions. It is intentional that it's easier to join a faction than stay unaligned. In order to declare that you've won, you must have 100 gold coins. Unaligned may win with 250 gold coins if

Unaligned members may choose to join a faction or start their own. They can also join multiple factions and be a double agent. Doing so will give the double agent a 1d50 chance of being lynched each night for every living member of all factions the DA is in (excluding the DA, he won't lynch himself). He may also be lynched if anyone calls him out on being a double agent (non DAs have a 30% chance of lynch when called out, DAs have 90%). Anyone initially in a faction may not change factions, or join multiple factions. No-one may leave a faction. Investigating an unaligned will show unaligned if you or they are unaligned. They will show the same faction as you if you're faction and they're DA. Otherwise, they'll show their actual alignment.

Any player may put out a bounty for any other role via PM. I will announce in the thread that a bounty is present. Whoever votes for this person when lynched splits the bounty.

Everyone starts with 20 gold coins. If you run out of gold coins, you're modkilled.

Each faction has their own chat. You'll see how to use it when I send the role pms. You may also send PMs through me to specific roles. You may not send PMs to players, or send directly. I will remove usernames when forwarding PMs.

Border disputes work like risk battles.

Faction roles:
Spoiler:
Drug Lord x1
The top dog.
Everyone in the faction knows who the you are, and the you know who everyone in the faction is. You may give orders to the enforcers on the faction chat. If you die, the enforcers will vote on your successor. You can use coins in the faction bank. You can also send dealers out to claim territory.

Enforcer x3
Nobody messes with me
Silence is your name, murder is your game. Each turn you vote for a player who you can either murder or steal half the coins from. (rounded up). Each of you get up to 5 of the coins, any leftover go to the faction bank for the Drug Lord to use as he pleases. The drug lord can give you orders, but you can choose not to follow them.

Supplier x1
The cook is obviously the most valuable asset of a drug gang.
You produce the drugs. You get 1 coin for every 100 drugs sold, rounded down. Each night you can produce X drugs (costing two coins for every 500, rounded up). You may choose to not produce any drugs, so your ideas carry weight

Dealer x5
The lowest of the low
You sell the drugs, knowing the risk. You and the faction bank each get 2 coins for every 75 drugs sold (rounded up). The first time you enter a region, you claim it. Each subsequent night, you get increased profits. The drug lord can give you orders, but you can choose not to follow them. When changing territories, one dealer must stay in the old territory. Other factions don't know your alignment.

Each faction will be able to buy an NPC dealer for 20 gold.

Unaligned roles:
Spoiler:
Assassin for hire. x?
Anyone may receive the gift
You get money. You kill people. You get more money. Your current faction gets free contracts. You take contracts for usernames, not roles.

Temp cook x1
Faction wars are petty
You operate same as the supplier, but charge 3 gold for every 100 units bought, and you'll sell to any faction

Dirty cop x?
Drugs are bad. Money's better
You can infiltrate an area, reverting its territory to unaligned, and 10% chance of killing any dealers you find in it. When joining a faction, you become a dealer. Other players may send you bribes, and you can potentially accept multiple bribes.

Actions all players may perform:
Spoiler:
Investigate
Investigates a player. 85% base chance of success.
Go rogue
Kill a random player.
Hire a private entertainer
Spend 1-15 coins on a private entertainer. Boosts tomorrows action effectiveness, but reduces the current night's effectiveness.

Minimum 23 players. Max 28. I'll leave signups open a long time if need be.

Map:
Each round, an updated map will be sent to everyone except the cops.

Signups:

1. Optional:
Replacements:
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:35 pm UTC

Everybody's scum!

Based on the board game Risk.

This game will have 2 factions who are at war, the Brown Barrel Gang, and the Green Silencers. There will also be several unaligned roles. The goal if you're in a faction is to eliminate the other faction(s) + unaligned. The goal for unaligned members is to eliminate all factions. It is intentional that it's easier to join a faction than stay unaligned. In order to declare that you've won, you must have 100 gold coins. Unaligned may win with 250 gold coins if

Unaligned members may choose to join a faction or start their own. They can also join multiple factions and be a double agent. Doing so will give the double agent a 1d50 chance of being lynched each night for every living member of all factions the DA is in (excluding the DA, he won't lynch himself). He may also be lynched if anyone calls him out on being a double agent (non DAs have a 30% chance of lynch when called out, DAs have 90%). Anyone initially in a faction may not change factions, or join multiple factions. No-one may leave a faction. Investigating an unaligned will show unaligned if you or they are unaligned. They will show the same faction as you if you're faction and they're DA. Otherwise, they'll show their actual alignment.

Any player may put out a bounty for any other role via PM. I will announce in the thread that a bounty is present. Whoever votes for this person when lynched splits the bounty.

Everyone starts with 20 gold coins. If you run out of gold coins, you're modkilled.

Each faction has their own chat. You'll see how to use it when I send the role pms. You may also send PMs through me to specific roles. You may not send PMs to players, or send directly. I will remove usernames when forwarding PMs.

Border disputes work like risk battles.

Faction roles:
Spoiler:
Drug Lord x1
The top dog.
Everyone in the faction knows who the you are, and the you know who everyone in the faction is. You may give orders to the enforcers on the faction chat. If you die, the enforcers will vote on your successor. You can use coins in the faction bank. You can also send dealers out to claim territory.

Enforcer x3
Nobody messes with me
Silence is your name, murder is your game. Each turn you vote for a player who you can either murder or steal half the coins from. (rounded up). Each of you get up to 5 of the coins, any leftover go to the faction bank for the Drug Lord to use as he pleases. The drug lord can give you orders, but you can choose not to follow them.

Supplier x1
The cook is obviously the most valuable asset of a drug gang.
You produce the drugs. You get 1 coin for every 100 drugs sold, rounded down. Each night you can produce X drugs (costing two coins for every 500, rounded up). You may choose to not produce any drugs, so your ideas carry weight

Dealer x5
The lowest of the low
You sell the drugs, knowing the risk. You and the faction bank each get 2 coins for every 75 drugs sold (rounded up). The first time you enter a region, you claim it. Each subsequent night, you get increased profits. The drug lord can give you orders, but you can choose not to follow them. When changing territories, one dealer must stay in the old territory. Other factions don't know your alignment.

Each faction will be able to buy an NPC dealer for 20 gold.

Unaligned roles:
Spoiler:
Assassin for hire. x?
Anyone may receive the gift
You get money. You kill people. You get more money. Your current faction gets free contracts. You take contracts for usernames, not roles.

Temp cook x1
Faction wars are petty
You operate same as the supplier, but charge 3 gold for every 100 units bought, and you'll sell to any faction

Dirty cop x?
Drugs are bad. Money's better
You can infiltrate an area, reverting its territory to unaligned, and 10% chance of killing any dealers you find in it. When joining a faction, you become a dealer. Other players may send you bribes, and you can potentially accept multiple bribes.

Actions all players may perform:
Spoiler:
Investigate
Investigates a player. 85% base chance of success.
Go rogue
Kill a random player.
Hire a private entertainer
Spend 1-15 coins on a private entertainer. Boosts tomorrows action effectiveness, but reduces the current night's effectiveness.

Minimum 23 players. Max 28. I'll leave signups open a long time if need be.

Map:
Each round, an updated map will be sent to everyone except the cops.

Signups:
  1. mpolo (If signups take too long, you're going to have to find some way to see if the people are still around…)

2. Optional:
Replacements:

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:38 am UTC

mikemk wrote:Signups:
  1. mpolo (If signups take too long, you're going to have to find some way to see if the people are still around…)
  2. heury

3. Optional:
Replacements:
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:02 am UTC

Signups:
  2. heury
  3. Djehutynakht (why not?)

4. Optional:
Replacements:

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:06 am UTC

I was thinking, and we can drop to three dealers per faction if need be, making 4 slots optional

Signups:
Optional slots will add the roles: Dealer (x2), Cop, A4H, Dealer (x2), Cop (x2), A4H
Filling in the slot that enables the role does not mean you will get said role. 1 optional dealer will be replaced with cop if odd number.
  2. heury
  3. Djehutynakht (why not?)

4. Optional:
Replacements:
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:13 am UTC

Undetermined Open Vanilla Setup

Since there's nothing in the pipeline, and wam wanted a vanilla game, I will create one here. Exact setup will depend on how many sign up, but will be revealed in the opening post (possibly with a list of possibilities, like in C9, F11 or similar). I probably won't be able to control myself from tacking flavor onto it, but the important stuff will be open.

I would like to try for getting a Day/Night cycle per week, that is 5/2 or 4/3, depending on where the weekend falls in the cycle.

In a spirit of openness, I will post a list of twenty random.org coin flips in the first post, which will be used to break ties.

Players:

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:18 am UTC

Since there's nothing in the pipeline, and wam wanted a vanilla game, I will create one here. Exact setup will depend on how many sign up, but will be revealed in the opening post (possibly with a list of possibilities, like in C9, F11 or similar). I probably won't be able to control myself from tacking flavor onto it, but the important stuff will be open.

I would like to try for getting a Day/Night cycle per week, that is 5/2 or 4/3, depending on where the weekend falls in the cycle.

In a spirit of openness, I will post a list of twenty random.org coin flips in the first post, which will be used to break ties.

Players:

Replacements:
1. Madge
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:42 am UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit

Replacements:
1. Madge
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:45 am UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar

Replacements:
1. Madge

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:46 am UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991

Replacements:
1. Madge
any pronouns
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)
----
NiteSciFi, sci-fi forum that needs more members

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 am UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington

Replacements:
1. Madge

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:30 pm UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington
5. moody7277

Replacements:
1. Madge

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:29 pm UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington
5. moody7277
6. SirGabriel

Replacements:
1. Madge

matt96

Postby matt96 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington
5. moody7277
6. SirGabriel
7. matt96

Replacements:
1. Madge

dimochka
Location: A few different places->NYC->LA->NYC. He/Him/His please.

Postby dimochka » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:47 pm UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington
5. moody7277
6. SirGabriel
7. matt96
8. dimochka

Replacements:
1. Madge
If you're curious about the origin of my avatar, google "Cheburashka".

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:29 pm UTC

Players:
1.adnapemit
2. Sabrar
3. flicky1991
4. Carlington
5. moody7277
6. SirGabriel
7. matt96
8. dimochka
9. Madge

Replacements:

-- I will try to start this tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks to Madge for agreeing to start, despite D1 doldrums. I plan to use http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=FAC688 as a setup.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:46 pm UTC

Unusual Role Mafia
(title is work in progress)

Description: Closed setup. Everyone is a power-role with weird/obscure abilities.
Speed: 4-5 day Days. Nightless (actions to be sent in in advance).
Size: The more the better (and crazier).
Bastardry: Maybe a little.

Players:

Replacements:

Sign-up will be open until 6pm UTC next Sunday (August 7) after which roles will be finalized. Game will most likely start on Monday (August 8) after everyone confirms.

SirGabriel

Postby SirGabriel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:10 pm UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Description: Closed setup. Everyone is a power-role with weird/obscure abilities.

Players:
1. SirGabriel

Replacements:

Sign-up will be open until 6pm UTC next Sunday (August 7) after which roles will be finalized. Game will most likely start on Monday (August 8) after everyone confirms.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:17 pm UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96

Replacements:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:58 pm UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan

Replacements:

pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:36 am UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan
4. Carlington

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:54 am UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan
4. Carlington
5. Madge (can I request no bastardy that screws with your win conditions?)

Replacements:

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:00 am UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan
4. Carlington
6. moody7277 (bulletproof cultmaster FTW)

Replacements:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:53 am UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan
4. Carlington

Replacements:
1. mpolo (will be on vacation from August 15–September 10, so probably not that useful, but if you need someone for endgame, I'm here)

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:39 am UTC

Unusual Role Mafia

Players:
1. SirGabriel
2. matt96
3. ConMan
4. Carlington
7. adnapemit

Replacements:
1. mpolo (will be on vacation from August 15–September 10, so probably not that useful, but if you need someone for endgame, I'm here)

Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Return to “Mafia”