Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Hari Seldon

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby Hari Seldon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:46 am UTC

Halloween Mafia Early Signups

Madge and Sabrar are going to make a halloween game???

Me and Sabrar are still coming up with the setup but based on Sabrar's general excellence I already think we're going to have something fun; once we have more nailed down I'll update this signup flavour. In the meantime it'll be good to know whether we're planning for 9 or 19.

If there's any dealbreakers for you please let us know when you sign up and we'll try to plan accordingly.

• Mods: Madge, Sabrar
  • Size: Any, hoping for 9
  • Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours.
  • Bastardry: Low; some roles may have hidden mechanics but the mods will not lie.
  • Setup: Closed. We are hoping for no vanilla roles but this may not be possible.
  • Flavor: TBA, either True Blood or General Urban Fantasy.
  • Start Date: TBC.

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon

Replacements:
  1. Peaceful Whale

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 am UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
jimbobmacdoodle wrote:...
Psst... you accidentally removed Whale from the replacements...
Peaceful Whale wrote::shock:

:cry:
Oops! Sorry Peaceful Whale!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

bessie

Postby bessie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 am UTC

Halloween Mafia Early Signups

Madge and Sabrar are going to make a halloween game???

Me and Sabrar are still coming up with the setup but based on Sabrar's general excellence I already think we're going to have something fun; once we have more nailed down I'll update this signup flavour. In the meantime it'll be good to know whether we're planning for 9 or 19.

If there's any dealbreakers for you please let us know when you sign up and we'll try to plan accordingly.

• Speed: Day Phase lasts 5 days, with weekends counting as halftime. Night Phase 48 hours.
  • Bastardry: Low; some roles may have hidden mechanics but the mods will not lie.
  • Setup: Closed. We are hoping for no vanilla roles but this may not be possible.
  • Flavor: TBA, either True Blood or General Urban Fantasy.
  • Start Date: TBC.

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie

Replacements:
  1. Peaceful Whale

Madge

Postby Madge » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:13 am UTC

The Werewolf of Wall Street

Being a werewolf in a man's world comes with some benefits - and some horrible downsides. Wolfington Investments is a stock trading firm with a rather... unique set of board members. They have their own special skills that they use for their own ends - it's not technically insider trading if you use your vampire powers to glamour someone into telling you their trade secrets, or use your werewolf body to attend rival business meetings incognito, after all.

However, during the firm's famous halloween party, a group of sassy teen vampire hunters have sealed all the exits. Now it's only a matter of time to sniff out the intruders before they can expose not only your identities but the not-technically-insider-trading racket you are all complicit in.

• Bastardry: Very low; some roles may have hidden mechanics but the mods will not lie.
  • Flavor: General Urban Fantasy, but everyone is a corrupt stockbroker.
  • Start Date: When we get 9 or on the 5th of November.

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie

Replacements:
  1. Peaceful Whale
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:49 pm UTC

Being a werewolf in a man's world comes with some benefits - and some horrible downsides. Wolfington Investments is a stock trading firm with a rather... unique set of board members. They have their own special skills that they use for their own ends - it's not technically insider trading if you use your vampire powers to glamour someone into telling you their trade secrets, or use your werewolf body to attend rival business meetings incognito, after all.

However, during the firm's famous halloween party, a group of sassy teen vampire hunters have sealed all the exits. Now it's only a matter of time to sniff out the intruders before they can expose not only your identities but the not-technically-insider-trading racket you are all complicit in.

• Bastardry: Very low; some roles may have hidden mechanics but the mods will not lie.

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  7. somitomi (still newbie)

Replacements:
  1. Peaceful Whale
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale

Replacements:

There, if 2 more people join, move me back to replacements pls.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 am UTC

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale
  9. Maven89

Replacements:

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:20 am UTC

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale
  9. Maven89

Replacements:
  1. ConMan
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:05 am UTC

The Werewolf of Wall Street - Signups CLOSED, feel free to sign on as a replacement

• Size: 9

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale
  9. Maven89

Replacements:
  1. ConMan
[/quote]
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

Madge wrote:
The Werewolf of Wall Street - Signups CLOSED, feel free to sign on as a replacement

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale
  9. Maven89

Replacements:
  1. ConMan
[/quote]

Heads up, you didn't put your name down

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 pm UTC

Madge is the mod.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:15 am UTC

That tickled me pink! Thank you for being concerned about other people, that shows you must be a kind person, Maven :)

Signups for the werewolf of wall street are closed. Just got to do a final polish to the role PMs and then I can start the game! I'll have to wait for Sabrar to proofread though because he's responsible for the balance and if the role PMs are bad then it's not going to be very helpful.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:44 am UTC

Huh, I just got an email from the site, are the emails working again?
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:05 am UTC

!!! YES. I GOT ONE. THIS IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN

PEACEFUL WHALE I ASSUME IT WAS YOU WHO MADE THIS WONDEROUS THING HAPPEN AND THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:06 am UTC

Is it possible to resend a confirmation email?
For a freind
Peaceful Whale wrote:
I-T

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 am UTC

You'll have to ask an admin. They can manually approve your friend's account too.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:45 pm UTC

Signup below:
  1. LaserGuy
  2. moody7277
  3. wam
  4. jimbobmacdoodle
  5. Hari Seldon
  6. bessie
  8. Peaceful Whale
  9. Maven89

Replacements:
  1. ConMan
  2. mpolo
Image <-- Evil experiment

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:37 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas!

• Mods: LaserGuy, Peaceful Whale
  • Size: The more the merrier! At least 13 would be ideal.
  • Speed: Nightless. Day phases will be 7 days.
  • Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We'll do our best to balance, but no guarantees.
  • Start date: November 30th or shortly after Werewolf on Wall Street finishes, whichever comes first

Sign-Up Instructions:
  • To play, quote this post, add your name to the list below. In addition, please send LaserGuy and Peaceful Whale a PM called "Secret Santa Role" that you would like to see in the game. Creative submissions are strongly encouraged, subject to the conditions below. Please include the following details.
  • Role Name and Description - this is what the player sees. Holiday themed flavour is not necessary.
  • Role Mechanics - this is an exact description of what the role does. Any elements of the role that are kept hidden from the player should also go here.

Restrictions on submitted roles:
  • Roles should be playable by any faction
  • Players removed from the game may not be brought back to life
  • No spoiler-reading roles.
  • No flavor-writing/influencing roles.
  • No alignment-changing roles.
  • Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics
  • We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone

Sign up below. Please PM LaserGuy and Peaceful Whale your role as soon as you are able:

Replacements

wam

Postby wam » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

• Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We'll do our best to balance, but no guarantees.
  • Start date: November 30th or shortly after Werewolf on Wall Street finishes, whichever comes first

Sign-Up Instructions:
  • To play, quote this post, add your name to the list below. In addition, please send LaserGuy and Peaceful Whale a PM called "Secret Santa Role" that you would like to see in the game. Creative submissions are strongly encouraged, subject to the conditions below. Please include the following details.
  • Role Name and Description - this is what the player sees. Holiday themed flavour is not necessary.
  • Role Mechanics - this is an exact description of what the role does. Any elements of the role that are kept hidden from the player should also go here.

• We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone

Sign up below. Please PM LaserGuy and Peaceful Whale your role as soon as you are able:
    1.wam

Replacements
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:47 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar

Replacements

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:12 pm UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi

Replacements
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri

Replacements
He wondered could you eat the mushrooms, would you die, do you care.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri
    5. Madge (I like coming up with roles so I'm signing up to play woooooo)

Replacements

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri
    6. jimbobmacdoodle

Replacements
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri
    6. jimbobmacdoodle
    7. plytho

Replacements
he him his

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 pm UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri
    6. jimbobmacdoodle
    7. plytho
    8. moody7277

Replacements
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Maven89

Postby Maven89 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:10 am UTC

Carol of the Elves
Secret Santa 2017

Hark all you elves
Sweet little elves
It's time to say
We're not okay

Christmas is here,
But it is clear
We must be bold
Not be controlled

Union union
To right the wrong
Throw out the king
End suffering

So do not fear
Freedom is here
Go and prepare
Leap from the snare

Never back down
The time is now
Let us not fail
We shall prevail

Rise up and sing
End suffering
Show them no fear
Christmas is here

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. wam
    2. Sabrar
    3. somitomi
    4. Liri
    6. jimbobmacdoodle
    7. plytho
    8. moody7277
    9. Maven89

Replacements

Return to “Mafia”