Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

mpolo

Re: Sign-ups (for PLAYERS)

Postby mpolo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am UTC

Brooklyn 99 Halloween Heist mafia

It's Halloween and that means Brooklyn's 99th precinct will celebrate with costumes and a Heist to determine who is an awesome human slash genius.

(description to be updated when Madge is not on mobile)

Set-up: It will be a pretty standard set-up but there will be a Heist element as well

Optional Pyp: if you know the show, submit 3 characters you want to play. I'll try to give you one. If you don't know the show then accept the rng. (I am unsure what amount of relevance to the game role names will have, probably very little. Also zebra may tell me that pyp is not allowed.)

Mods : zebra and Madge

Players: depends how many sign up?

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. mpolo
Image <-- Evil experiment

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:52 am UTC

It's Halloween and that means Brooklyn's 99th precinct will celebrate with costumes and a Heist to determine who is an awesome human slash genius.

Set-up: It will be a pretty standard set-up but there will be a Heist element as well

Optional Pyp: if you know the show, submit 3 characters you want to play. I'll try to give you one. If you don't know the show then accept the rng. (I am unsure what amount of relevance to the game role names will have, probably very little. Also zebra may tell me that pyp is not allowed.)

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. mpolo
8. jimbobmacdoodle
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm UTC

Wow! That's a lot of people very quickly. Hope we live up to the hype!

Game won't start for about a week so don't get too crazy excited please friends ;-)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:32 pm UTC

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Boomfrog
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

wam

Postby wam » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:48 pm UTC

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Mpolo
8. Jimbobmacdoodle
9. Boomfrog

Fixed
Come join us playing mafia signup here

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:53 pm UTC

Thank you :oops:
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

bessie

Postby bessie » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:24 am UTC

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Mpolo
8. Jimbobmacdoodle
9. Boomfrog

Replacements:
1. bessie (after November 9)

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 am UTC

Zebra has approved pyp! This will benefit the very small amount of people who want their favourite character.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:21 pm UTC

Sign-up for Halloween Mafia is still open, please consider joining, it should be fun!

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:50 am UTC

bessie wrote:Brooklyn 99 Halloween Heist mafia

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Mpolo
8. Jimbobmacdoodle
9. Boomfrog

Replacements:

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:52 am UTC

Oops :oops:

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Mpolo
8. Jimbobmacdoodle
9. Boomfrog
10. Mark_Cangila

Replacements:

Madge

Postby Madge » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:07 am UTC

Pleased to have you on board! We're hoping to start it this weekend (had a 9 player setup sorted, should be easy to add a tenth player, but Sabrar needs to sign off on my crazy ideas).

If anyone is on the fence still, we have confirmed:
- Heist mechanic will be in play!
- Closed setup
- (very) Low bastardry
- Main goal was to create an exciting game, balance was attempted but is not promised
- Madge's flavour won't do the show justice

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:36 pm UTC

Just realized I won't be on at all this weekend. Also, what is heist?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:15 pm UTC

Also, what is heist?

In this context, no one knows. I'll save my speculation for when the game has started.

Madge

Postby Madge » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:33 am UTC

Signups for B99 are closed (unless you ask me REALLLY nicely before the role PMs get finalised)

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:04 pm UTC

Oops :oops:

1. zenii
2. Vicarin
3. moody7277
4. wam
5. plytho
6. LaserGuy
7. Mpolo
8. Jimbobmacdoodle
9. Boomfrog
10. Mark_Cangila

Replacements:
2. somitomi (whenever, just don't call after 9pm please)
—◯-◯

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

The World Poetry Slam Championships are being held in Xkcdia. Surly this will be a by the books competition with no collusion or sabotage.

Set-up: Mostly standard, newbie friendly roles. Posting will be limited to 10 tweet length post per player per game day and one "poem". (poem will be extremely loosely defined)

Mods : BoomFrog

Players: Aiming for 5-9 but will accommodate more.

Replacements:

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

The World Poetry Slam Championships are being held in Xkcdia. Surly this will be a by the books competition with no collusion or sabotage.

Set-up: Mostly standard, newbie friendly roles. Posting will be limited to 10 tweet length post per player per game day and one "poem". (poem will be extremely loosely defined)

1. plytho

Replacements:
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho

Replacements:
1. Sabrar

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:29 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho
2. somitomi (at last, my time has come)

Replacements:
1. Sabrar
—◯-◯

wam

Postby wam » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho
3. Wam

Replacements:
1. Sabrar

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:13 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho
3. Wam
4. LaserGuy

Replacements:
1. Sabrar

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:34 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho
3. Wam
4. LaserGuy
5. Diemo

Replacements:
1. Sabrar
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm UTC

Poetry Slam Mafia

1. plytho
3. Wam
4. LaserGuy
5. Diemo

Replacements:
1. Sabrar
2. Vicarin

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:56 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

The Lord of Xkcdia invites you to attend the annual quest of festivities to begin at the Great Keep. Bring yourself and your noblest steed, and of course a full set of equipment, ready to take on whatever you may face.

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

• Mods: jimbobmacdoodle, dimochka
  • Size: The more the merrier!
  • Speed: Day phases will be approximately 5 days, nights 2 days, allowance made for weekends and holidays, if it lasts that long.
  • Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We'll do our best to balance, but no guarantees.
  • Start date: Some time after Brooklyn 99 mafia finishes.

Sign-Up Instructions:
  • To play, quote this post, add your name to the list below. In addition, please send jimbobmacdoodle and dimochka a PM called "Secret Santa Role" that you would like to see in the game. Creative submissions are strongly encouraged, subject to the conditions below. Please include the following details.
  • Role Name and Description - this is what the player sees. Holiday themed flavour is not necessary, but is always welcome (but may be changed by the mods).
  • Role Mechanics - this is an exact description of what the role does. Any elements of the role that are kept hidden from the player should also go here.

Restrictions on submitted roles:
  • Roles should be playable by any faction.
  • Players removed from the game may not be brought back to life.
  • No spoiler-reading roles.
  • No flavour-writing/influencing roles.
  • No alignment-changing roles.
  • Flips will reveal all role details including hidden mechanics.
  • We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone.

Sign up below. Please PM jimbobmacdoodle and dimochka your role as soon as you are able:

Replacements
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

LaserGuy

Postby LaserGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

The Lord of Xkcdia invites you to attend the annual quest of festivities to begin at the Great Keep. Bring yourself and your noblest steed, and of course a full set of equipment, ready to take on whatever you may face.

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

• Speed: Day phases will be approximately 5 days, nights 2 days, allowance made for weekends and holidays, if it lasts that long.
  • Bastardry: Moderate. Closed setup with high likelihood of some crazy roles. We'll do our best to balance, but no guarantees.

Sign-Up Instructions:
  • To play, quote this post, add your name to the list below. In addition, please send jimbobmacdoodle and dimochka a PM called "Secret Santa Role" that you would like to see in the game. Creative submissions are strongly encouraged, subject to the conditions below. Please include the following details.
  • Role Name and Description - this is what the player sees. Holiday themed flavour is not necessary, but is always welcome (but may be changed by the mods).
  • Role Mechanics - this is an exact description of what the role does. Any elements of the role that are kept hidden from the player should also go here.

• We will do our best to keep the roles that players submit intact, but we reserve the right to alter the roles as necessary to make the game fun for everyone.

Sign up below. Please PM jimbobmacdoodle and dimochka your role as soon as you are able:
    1. LaserGuy

Replacements

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog

Replacements

wam

Postby wam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:22 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3.wam

Replacements

Sabrar

Postby Sabrar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:45 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. Sabrar

Replacements

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3.wam
    4. moody7277

Replacements
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:52 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3.wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge

Replacements

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    7. plytho (may not have as much time as usual)

Replacements
Pronouns: he him his
Avatar: The High Frontier by Angus McKie

SuperJedi224

Postby SuperJedi224 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:16 am UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224
My youtube channel.

New avatar by adnapemit.

Vicarin

Postby Vicarin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224
    2. Vicarin (move me up if you want a particular number of players, I'll think up a role if required)

bessie

Postby bessie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224
    2. Vicarin (move me up if you want a particular number of players, I'll think up a role if required)

Mark_Cangila

Postby Mark_Cangila » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie
    9. Mark_Cangila (again lol)

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 am UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie
    10. mpolo

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224
Image <-- Evil experiment

SuicideJunkie

Postby SuicideJunkie » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie
    10. mpolo
    11. SuicideJunkie

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224

What's the worst that could happen to me for a first game?

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 pm UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie
    10. mpolo
    11. SuicideJunkie
    12. MoA (I am going to regret this, aren't I?)

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224

Zenii

Postby Zenii » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 am UTC

A Christmas Knight
Secret Santa 2018

Dear Noble Knight,

Signed,

Sir Jimbob, the Eloquent

Sign-Up Instructions:

1. LaserGuy
    2. Boomfrog
    3. wam
    4. moody7277
    5. Sabrar
    6. Madge
    8. bessie
    10. mpolo
    11. SuicideJunkie
    12. MoA (I am going to regret this, aren't I?)

Replacements
    1. SuperJedi224
    3. Zenii

Return to “Mafia”