The Legend of Mafia Manor: Newbie Round- Iz ded.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Re: The Legend of Mafia Manor: Newbie Round- Day 1

Postby crucialityfactor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 pm UTC

Deadline is11:59pm EST Saturday.

Haven't prodded anyone recently. will do that today.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 pm UTC

MoA, surely you know that it's better for the game to get a replacement rather then just lynch a lurker. Unless you think that Senefen's posting is trying to show content-less face, then I'd much rather focus on some of the few suspicions we have right now.

With that being said, I'll see what I think of Rakysh later today.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:08 am UTC

Ok, I'm going to sit down and compile some analysis on Rakysh. Here goes. For those wondering, I've just sorted posts by author, meaning that there's no chronological order:
Spoiler:
Nolynch gives the Mafia a free kill, although seeing as we are now sans lurkers, there is a case to be made. I'm assuming, however, that in the course of this discussion, at least one person will be rather scummy.

CF wont end the round with discussion going, I'm fairly sure. His warning was just cos we were whining earlier, and then not doing anything.

Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:
Flying_Cookie wrote:The only way I could really see that being helpful is if everyone just picked some one, and at the beginning of Day 2 said 'I investigated [insert name here] and they are [insert alignment here], and then we proceeded to ignore all of it, until the cop dies, then we would know that what they said was right.

Well um... that's kinda the plan. We're not supposed to believe all of them. & if the cop DOES get a scum as scum, then gets killed, hey, at least we got one scum.

Spoiler:
*tea for Avelion*

I would like to FURTHER EMPHASISE that F_C is being quite lynchery cos I'm being ignored atm. He hasn't unvoted, and voted for one of the two lurkers without discussing it. "Random" chance is an excellent way for us to be controlled by the scum. He's now worrying about the Rhyme bandwagon, possibly because we aren't going for his lurker? (who isn't even lurking any more).

First two posts are included for fullness, but the above one pings me quite a lot. Here's the stuff from F_C he was referring to: this and the two posts after. F_C made a discussion vote, then got worried that Rhyme was being bandwagoned. There's a big difference between a single vote on a lurker to get some conversation, and two people following up with a bandwagon, and F_C's vote was a discussion vote as well as being a lurker vote (though, personally I find discussion votes better if you don't say it straight away and then just admit after, as this generates more discussion then being completely predictable), and also, a single line of posting to say 'hey I'm here, had nothing to say' doesn't stop someone being a lurker. So he's turned around and attacked F_C for something that I'd consider quite reasonable, and read quite a lot into it. Not a big fan.
Spoiler:
EBWOP: Not a dig at anyone, it's just that when I come back after a day with no new posts of whatever, I feel an urge to FoS someone or something, just out of fear of the game dying. Obviously we've picked up the pace now, so I wont be doing that so much.

Currently I'm still undecided as to whether Rakysh's aggressive behaviour is a scumtell or not. He's never been the most laid back of people, but I don't remember him being this aggressive, but I haven't played with him in a while, so I think it could go either way. Also, I'm refusing as a matter of principle to lynch him based on meta, so I'll leave that train of thought where it is. However, he's fairly jumpy and also going out of his way to defend, and I'd count both as scumtells from anyone...
Spoiler:
PEOPLES AS IS POSTING:
1. MartinW: 7 posts
2. Flying_Cookie: 11 posts
3. OMGLOLZORS: 8 posts
4. Rhyme: 4 posts
5. Weeks: 20 posts
6. Rakysh: 23 posts (friends? I don't need FRIENDS.)
7. Andymeo: 9 posts
8. Furioso: 2 posts (sign up and confirmation)
9. Senefen: 7 posts
10. PossibleSloth: 5 posts
11. MasterofAll: 11 posts
12. Avelion: 8 posts

It has been a long day, it is possible these are not as true as they should be.

Nothing much to see here, I could just as easily see town or scum posting this.
Spoiler:
Isn't speculation of power roles fairly well anti-town? I would also like to add that mods tend to randomise rather than hand pick roles.

I don't really think there's a great deal I can say against accusations of seeming a bit nervous; I'm doing my best. MoA, you're right, I didn't do word count which makes it less useful; that was more due to laziness than anything else. I was more intending to identify lurkers rather than show towniness through usefulness.

Spoiler:
The trigger happy accusation is fair; I can only say I'm a bit rusty, and also slightly impatient to get going. I tend to give off slight scum pings all the time as a rule; I can only say I'm working on it.

Excusing yourself through newbishness and impatience doesn't look that good in my book.
Spoiler:
A day and five hours, sir. Check the dates. It's suspicion based on a lack of anything better to go on more than anything else. I was also moaning more about people not responding at all, not just you.

If the express reasoning of your vote becomes invalid, either tell us the other reason, or unvote, as a rule. A three person vote isn't that dangerous atm, it's 7 for a lynch- the scum couldn't all vote in one go to get a townie (assuming none have already voted) lynched. I personally had no problem with lynching rhyme at that point, I just thought we had better give them a bit more of a chance.

Attacking F_C whilst saying you had no problems lynching Rhyme is semi-sounding to me like you don't much care who gets lynched...
Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:
MartinW wrote:Though I'm not inclined to FOS Rak for the accusation. He posted it during a period of inactivity and strikes me more as townie trying to get a discussion going than scum trying to get a townie lynched. Scum really like quiet games. They can just sit back and watch the timelimit caused random lynches winning the game for them.

This is entirely correct, as I kinda hinted with my "lack of anything else".

I think we need to consider the possibility of the Jester win text being put there as a mindfuck, although I do like MoA's idea about the lovers becoming jester. This gets around the lack of any basis in the roletext problem, and I suppose it is very important that we remember that we have almost certainly not got anywhere near the whole roletext in many/most cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------

That's most of the content he's posted. Overall I'm fairly unsure myself, he's played almost what I'd consider the stereotypical game for a nervous scum who's trying to appear an aggressive town player and keep activity up (been very aggressive but defended himself an awful lot), but he's drawing an awful amount of attention to himself, which is a very ballsy way to go with scum. I've done it in the past, but I've done much the same being town. Of late, I get the feeling he's loosened off with the attacking and gone more to defend himself, but this might be because he doesn't want the town to mislynch rather then not wanting the town to lynch him (and his other avenue of finding someone else to lynch is continuing his aggression). But from what I saw his attacks were mostly reactionary, and he doesn't seem to have gone over the thread much to actually form his own opinions on everyone (which is scummy; scum don't need to try to form their opinions). So based on that, my train of thought is leading towards scum. It's either that or nervous rusty townie making slip-ups. I'll consider it a bit more, and decide whether or not to place a vote within the next 24 hours. It's either that or we remove a lurker, in which case Senefen, OMGLOLZORZ or Andymeo are our options. I'll have to read over their posts and see what I think from them then.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 am UTC

EBWOP: gawd, I need to remember about the preview button. Any comments I made outside of the spoilers relate to the spoiler above, and the spoiler within a quote should be a quote within a spoiler.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:16 pm UTC

dedalus wrote:MoA, surely you know that it's better for the game to get a replacement rather then just lynch a lurker. Unless you think that Senefen's posting is trying to show content-less face, then I'd much rather focus on some of the few suspicions we have right now.

With that being said, I'll see what I think of Rakysh later today.
Sure, if a replacement is in the works for Senefen, that would be just fine with me. But, when I looked at all of the players who had minimal posts Senefen stood out since he had ZERO posts of any content, but still wasn't afraid to jump on a lynch-a-lurker bandwagon. The other players all at least offered some sort of opinion at least once. So, yeah, I really do think there is a decent chance that Senefen really is scum. So, until we hear from the mod about a replacement or someone makes a persuasive argument about someone else I will leave my vote where it is.

We still have a day and a half before the deadline, but I really would like to hear some more opinions from everyone on who they are inclined to vote for (either 1 candidate if you have it narrowed down or a list if there are several players who if lynched you would be content).
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

Senefen

Postby Senefen » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:24 am UTC

A ha ha, so much paranoid analysis.
But honestly, I just can't get on enough. In that light I'm pulling out so someone who really wants/has the time to play can take my spot.
(I've PMed the GM)

Good luck catching mafia scum.

-snerk-
Was I acting like scum, or is that just my personality... O_o
ImageImageImageImageImage

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:26 pm UTC

Hmm, actually, after re-reading Senefen's posts, I think MoA might be onto something. (s)he bandwagoned a lurker whilst lurking, and defended bandwagoning as 'a natural part of the game' and is really pushing for a lurker lynch. I'm still debating my feelings on Rakysh, and if we're already onto our 3rd replacement before the end of D1, then it's not looking very good.

For the record, there's a difference between a 'I agree with poster X that said person is scum, thus I will vote them' and 'people are voting for this person so I might as well join in'. The first isn't bandwagoning.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 pm UTC

It looks like Senefen is just leaving a sort of parting gift...he/she doesn't much care about the game. What are the chances that Senefen is a jester?

If we leave Senefen out of the question, we still have three candidates, one of which has posted more than the others (Rakysh), one who hasn't posted enough to make heads or tails about them (Andymeo) and a lurker who posted some and them disappeared (OMGLOLZORZ(sp?)). We could choose not to vote Rakysh and see if he is actually innocent (the real cop could target him on D2, by D3 or possibly late D2 we get results). That would leave us with kind of a random vote, unless they get modprodded and something happens.

Or we could lynch Rakysh, then we'd have two more newbies clinging to their lives. As MoA said, having people with low content in D1 linger to D2 will be tougher to analyze, though I wouldn't object to letting the inexperienced players...get more experience. But I don't know exactly how scummy Rakysh is to merit a vote.

For now, IGMEOY: Rakysh, and will wait 'till something happens with the other three.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

OMGLOLZORS

Postby OMGLOLZORS » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm UTC

Sorry for the insane lurkage everybody... I just never really know what to say in these games. Anyways, I've decided I'm going to try and get a read on everybody...

MartinW - Good role speculation post, good contributions, discussing a lot etc. Seems to be town
Flying_Cookie - Seems to be contributing, but not really saying much new (although I can't really talk :lol:) Again, seems relatively town, but I'm not SO sure
OMGLOLZORS - Yeah...
Rhyme - Not posting much, but all posts have good content
Weeks - Has been asking good questions and generally contributing well. Seems quite town
Rakysh - I kind of agree with what people say about him seeming kind of nervous in his posts... I'm a little bit confused about where he says that the Jester win conditions might just be to mess with us? Told off Flying_Cookie for not unvoting when they were in a different time zone, and seems to be posting a lot. Seems scummish, but I'm not certain.
Andymeo - Extremely short contentless posts. Hard to tell
Furioso/dedalus - Not really sure, due to Furioso's major lurkage
Senefen - Leaving? meh. Seemed a bit pro-bandwagoning...
PossibleSloth - Good contribution, seems town
MasterOfAll - See above
Avelion - moar lurkage.

OMGLOLZORS

Postby OMGLOLZORS » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

EBWOP: Sorry, got Avelion and Andymeo confused. Avelion seems town and is contributing well too.

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:12 am UTC

Since the deadline is in about five hours, and I'm not going to be on much of today, it looks like its time for me to vote.
Vote: Senefen
There isn't any news of a replacement, and after what the style of his/her posts, I'd be inclined not to trust any replacement anyway. That parting post really just screamed scum to me as well, especially the attempted waving off of suspicion as just being paranoid.
Flying_CookieTM

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:46 am UTC

Before voting, one question: are there any news on replacements, dear Mod?
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 am UTC

There won't be anymore replacements before the end of the day.

Vote Count:

Senefan- 2 (MoA, FC)

7 to lynch. Deadline in about 3 hours.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 am UTC

Oh well...I guess I'll just get my vote in before the day ends.

Since he's about gone anyway, I'll
Vote: Senefen

I'll be damned if he was a jester...

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:36 am UTC

vote: Rakysh

The high aggression and tendency to jump at any perceived accusation with flimsy defenses makes him seem fairly scummy to me. Of course, I don't have any experience of scum tells so I could be totally wrong.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:55 am UTC

And We've got about five minutes left in the day.
Flying_CookieTM

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:11 am UTC

Well, at this point it looks like Senefen is going to be deadline lynched. Hopefully I picked up on something real and not just a busy newbie. Right now I am feeling good about the lynch, but also would not be surprised to learn that Senefen is going to turn out being something we really wanted around (like the town doctor). Oh well, we will find out soon enough.
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby crucialityfactor » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:15 am UTC

After much skirting around the issue at hand, the guests time came to and end. As the Sun set over the horizon a bold 3 took matters into their own hands. With little protest from the others senefen was offered to Madame Clio. With an evil grin and a flash of her eyes, Madame Clio vaporized senefen.

Madame Clio wrote:Now that wasn't so bad was it? I assure you that such hesitance will not bode well for you as this game progresses. In fact, I am certain you will find out what I mean all too soon. Enjoy your slumber, I hope you all come back tomorrow and devote yourselves more fully to the task at hand.

Somberly, the guests retreated to their respective rooms. Some would remain there through the night. Others still had much to do before they slept.

Senefen has been lynched. It is now night. Please get your actions in as soon as possible.

Senefen

Re: The Legend of Mafia Manor: Newbie Round- Night 1

Postby Senefen » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:08 am UTC

Ah ha ha, you really shouldn't be so quick to judge, you'll see what I mean. Bye all.

Good luck in catching the scum. : )
ImageImageImageImageImage

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm UTC

I'll be back on Wednesday.
Flying_CookieTM

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:20 pm UTC

I'm back from gay paris.

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:29 pm UTC

I'm back.
Flying_CookieTM

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:11 am UTC

Do we have any moderators to process the night actions and start D2? This has been a REALLY long night!
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 am UTC

Well, a long night is to be expected around Christmas.
Flying_CookieTM

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:23 am UTC

Like the nightmare before Christmas?
Also why is PairsParis gay?

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:05 am UTC

I didn't like to ask, personally. The food was good though.

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:54 pm UTC

We have all the night actions, but I'm waiting for CF because he probably has a lot of flavour text.
Environ 20% plus chouette.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am UTC

I hope CF's just enjoying vacation.

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 am UTC

Kolko, this night is taking far too much time :(. Can you start the next day and just give us the information we need to know without flavour? It sucks, but even now I'm not sure everyone will continue to play, we've just taken too damn long.

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:53 pm UTC

Ok, that's it, I'm taking over; any night actions that needed sending have been sent. I'm afraid flavor will be kept to a minimum from now on, I'm not that good at writing.

In this long night, MartinW has been replaced by Tavsan.

The townfolk awake to a gruesome sight. Three murders had been commited. The first had been OMGLOLZORZ. Judging by his badge that said "I will kill for justice" everyone correctly presumes he was Walter Hudgins, the vigilante. The second death was that of Flying Cookie, also known as Molly Creighton. The third dead person was Andymeo, and he had a letter on him. It said "This is for killing my one and only Molly Creighton". Andymeo was George Moran and part of the mafia. After inspecting this, the people of the town go to Senefens dead body and come to a horrible conclusion. He was Doctor Young, the town doctor.

Anything that is not clear can be asked, it is now Day 2!

tavsan

Postby tavsan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

*waves* hi peoples! thanks kolko for letting me get in on a game. please bear with me as i read the thread and try to figure things out.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: The Legend of Mafia Manor: Newbie Round - Day 2

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 pm UTC

Yay! The endless night wasn't quite endless after all. And, I even survived.

Unfortunately, we seem to have lynched the doctor on D1.

And then we seem to have had a rather eventful night. I would try to sort it all out but I am heading out the door right now. At least 1 scum is dead, though.

@Kolko - I know you cannot edit the 1st post, but can you at least post a list of all the players indicating who is dead, who is alive, who has been replaced, etc.? Thanks.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Kolko

Postby Kolko » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm UTC

A list is here.

MasterOfAll
Senefen (Town doctor)
Dedalus
AndyMeo (Mafia Goon)
Weeks
OMGLOLZORS (Town Vigilante)
Tavsan (Replaced MartinW)
Avelion
Rakysh
Rhyme
Flying_Cookie (Town Lover)
PossibleSloth

dedalus

Postby dedalus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm UTC

Ok then, D2 time. I wonder how many people are still here.......

Well, it seems one of our lurker choices was mafia, another was town, and we picked the wrong one. But, they're both dead at least.

I'll have to re-read and remember my suspicions from day 1, but I can't remember Rakysh redeeming himself much.

And the most important question; are we going through with this copping plan?

Flying_Cookie

Postby Flying_Cookie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am UTC

Dammit.
Away to the spoilers!
Flying_CookieTM

tavsan

Re: The Legend of Mafia Manor: Newbie Round- Day 2 (finally?)

Postby tavsan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 am UTC

alright, i read the thread and i think i am caught up. here are my thoughts.

masterofall he's been very helpful, and while some of his ideas such as the cop thingie were not all met with acceptance, it seems he is trying to make progress for the town.

dedalus i'm not really sure what to make of him because he just joined.

weeks i get a jester impression from him, the joking about tea, and he lead some jester talk, he seems a bit bouncy but not scummy, more jester-y.

avelion has not been very helpful, suggested a no lynch even after it was suggested once and shot down, and he was bandwagoning, and has very careful posts. i get a heavy scum vibe from him.

rakysh falls in the same category as master to me, helpful, not always popular, but trying

rhyme lurked a lot at the start, but then piped in, he had a gut feeling against avelion so maybe that is partially why i trust him, because avelion jumped at me as scum too

possible sloth at first he seemed to make some careful posts, but seemed to agree and dissagree in the same post as if to not ruffle any feathers and that threw me off. but, he didn't like andy who turned out a goon, and he has issues with avelion as well, so i think he is town.

right now if i were to vote it would easily be for avelion.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 am UTC

Okay, I still cannot quite figure out how things went down last night. It seems like scum targeted Flying_Cookie with their NK, and since he was Molly the town lover, that caused one of the scum (AndyMeo) to die from lover retribution. So then OMGLetc, the vigilante Walter, must have been targeted by the SK (Al Capone). Okay, that sounds plausible. If anyone has any alternate theories, then please share.

@tavsan - Welcome to the game, and thanks for posting your thoughts from your read-through.

@dedalus - Of course, since I am the one who originally proposed it, I am still on board with the mass false cop claim thing. In fact, I will go ahead and be the first one to claim . . .

MoA's Claim: Now, I am not saying I am the cop, but if it turns out I am, you should know that I investigated MartinW/tavsan on N1 and he is pro-town.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 pm UTC

Not that I'm the cop, but last night I pretended to be and investigated Weeks. He is anti-town.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 am UTC

Huh. This is odd. Are we in a lylo situation?

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 am UTC

So, there are 8 of us left. (Which means 5 votes needed for a lynch, of course.)

If I am correct about the number of anti-town to start the game (I think there was 3 scum and 1 SK) then we actually have pretty good odds of lynching anti-town today, since that would mean there are 3 anti-town hiding amongst 8 players. In fact, if everything goes our way, we could win the game by the end of N2 (by lynching scum today and then having last scum target SK while SK targets last scum). If everything goes wrong, though, we could be down to just 2 pro-town players after N2 (if lynch, scum NK, and SK NK all kill town). We will probably end up somewhere between those 2 extremes, though.

I will be heading off for a long MLKjr weekend, and will have limited internet during that period, but do plan to keep up with the thread and to post when I can.

@Kolko - It looks like Weeks, Rakysh, Rhyme, and PossibleSloth could be modpoked so that they know this game is active again. Thanks.

ninja'd edit: removed Rakysh from modpoke list
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Return to “Mafia”