Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Game Over, Sith Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 2)

Postby Weeks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:37 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I am not defending BigNose in any way, he played the first day badly as a townie. I also don't think he really had a good lynch target. That being said, I feel like scum may have thought he was, and tried to rush his lynch through.
I think you're being slightly paranoid here. How would scum think he was a power role? What he did was play weirdly. What's that about saying you have a viable target, and then not saying who it is? It looked like an excuse. I don't think scum would've needed to hop on the end of that particular bandwagon because people were already casting suspicion on him (me included).

I do think it is *not ok* to do swift hammering. But I blundered there. I saw a page with around 4 or 5 votes. I was in JP and am in HP, and usually it takes a fair amount of voting to lynch someone. So I did not do a strict counting. I will not do that again.

Dr Ug wrote:The only reason I brought up his quote against sungura was because it jumped out at me (being the last person he accused, and her seeming to want to ignore the second half of the voting pattern).

Oh, and if you think me trying to
Krong wrote:[push] town a certain direction.
is unusual, refer to my sig.[/quote]What happens in you sig has nothing to do with the game. Especially if it says something like, "I like bananas...in my pants".

But seriously, the way you are leading the town is different this time. I usually find you doing extensive analysis, being generally calmer. Your claiming it's because of a change in play-style seemed weird at the time. Like, people don't suddenly say they're changing their play-styles, they do it subtly, if ever.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of votes on you today. I'm inclined not to vote on you right now. But I will be observing you.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm UTC

EBWOP: Holy fail tags, batman.

Dr Ug wrote:The only reason I brought up his quote against sungura was because it jumped out at me (being the last person he accused, and her seeming to want to ignore the second half of the voting pattern).

Oh, and if you think me trying to
Krong wrote:[push] town a certain direction.
is unusual, refer to my sig.
What happens in you sig has nothing to do with the game. Especially if it says something like, "I like bananas...in my pants".

But seriously, the way you are leading the town is different this time. I usually find you doing extensive analysis, being generally calmer. Your claiming it's because of a change in play-style seemed weird at the time. Like, people don't suddenly say they're changing their play-styles, they do it subtly, if ever.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of votes on you today. I'm inclined not to vote on you right now. But I will be observing you.
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 pm UTC

EBWOP2: Oh look, it's a failtopper too.

...sorry for 3x

Krong

Postby Krong » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 am UTC

I don't buy the idea that Mafia was really worried about being identified by someone who was throwing out accusations left and right... boy who cried wolf and all that.

OTOH, the idea that mafia would speed-hammer opportunistically ("look, we can avoid being voted for if we end the day quickly") makes some sense, except that only would serve to make the mafia more obvious when the same outcome was likely if they'd just sat on their hands. Therefore the mafia would never want to do that, therefore they might think of this and do it anyway, therefore WIFOM etc. etc....

Bleh. Why am I even trying to post when I should be getting to bed?

Simple version: I just think it's odd that you only accept one interpretation of why BigNose was lynched so quickly.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 pm UTC

I read the whole thread at one sitting, and relatively quickly. So my impressions of the various players are not very strong. But, I will try to do some rating action here...

Feel townie
--------------
Sungura (but always feels townie. Solid, helpful posts.)
Azrael Krong (tendency already with Az, and Krong has followed up with some thoughtful posts)
Flying_Cookie (some real attempts at providing analysis)

Not sure
----------
Brooklynxman (most posts were to convince BigNose to come to his senses and post something to make us trust him, I got little feeling for Brook himself, though this act is pretty townie)
willwithskills (solid participation day 1, just a flavor analysis up till now today)
VectorZero (Weeks was trying to paint a BigNose-VZ connection before the wagon rolled, seems to be participating, makes me feel bad because it never occured to me to anagram his alternate nick in HP)

Feel scummy
---------------
CrucialityFactor (but mostly for being missing)
Asmodieus (some funny posts, and has basically disappeared since daybreak)
Dr Ug (may be just the new play style, but seems inappropriately aggressive)
weeks (some solid participation, but hammered and was also involved in nudging the start of the BigNose lynch without voting it at first, several posts just seem to be calculated to move the town toward someone without having the courage to vote himself)

I have too many in my "feel scummy" category (I hope), so I will need to refine my feelings before voting.
Image <-- Evil experiment

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

cf has not yet read the modprod. I will give him about 24 more hours, then will seek a replacement.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:43 pm UTC

Sorry, I've been having trouble with my internet. Its been disconnecting a lot so I've been trying to get that fixed.
VectorZero wrote:Well, no dead Jedi, so that's good, I guess. First step should be to go back and look at FC, why did he become a scum target?

I think the reason FC was killed in particular was because he would have posed a risk later in the game as he would have posted more analyses.
Why not someone else?

Me. I haven't really contributed much to thread either way, so killing me would not have effected the game much.

CF same deal, he hasnt posted here in since the beginning of the game IIRC.

Dr_Ug. Nking him would be a problem, because he seems to be the one who has generated the most discussion in the game so far. So killing him would be bad since scum wouldn't be able to use his posts as a jumping off point to start an accusation or get suspicion on someone.

Krong wasnt an option because he came into after BigNose got lynched, and he couldnt be sized up. Also, it'd be kind of a dick move to kill someone the second they get in game.

Sungura wasn't much of a threat. Yeah, she made contributions to the thread on the first day, but they it wasn't a real threat to the mafia.

Urr, not much else on the rest. Anyone else got any ideas?

I'll also leave my list of people here since quite a few people have done it so far.
---------
Scum:
1) Dr. Ug- I'm starting to agree with Weeks and Krong's posts about Dr Ugs strange behavior.

2) Weeks- Not buying that excuse about not counting correctly votes because he was in a rush, how hard is it to look for the posts with bold that say "Vote" on them? The mod's also said countless times that it takes 7 votes to lynch.

3)Brook- same as Weeks.

Neutral:
1)Willwithskills- Made a couple posts, has been on a trip. Cant evaluate.
2)CF- Lurking. Who knows why? Hasnt responded to his modprod. Maybe theres something wrong with his internet?

Town:
1) VectorZero
2) Mpolo
3) Sungura
4) Krong
They've all contributed alot to the thread this second day and havent said anything weird, so I'm going with town.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 pm UTC

I'm interested to see that the last two people who have found me scummy, have also found weeks scummy for the same reason I did.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am UTC

You are keeping a vote on us because you won't accept our explanation, even though for me its pretty much guaranteed (why vote if its past the hammer) and there is no reason to disbelieve Weeks. If we agree Bignose was speed lynched then why not agree its possible someone didn't realize just how close it was to lynch due to the speed? I haven't been responding to avoid the OMGUS but this is getting ridiculous.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:You are keeping a vote on us because you won't accept our explanation, even though for me its pretty much guaranteed (why vote if its past the hammer) and there is no reason to disbelieve Weeks. If we agree Bignose was speed lynched then why not agree its possible someone didn't realize just how close it was to lynch due to the speed? I haven't been responding to avoid the OMGUS but this is getting ridiculous.
I have a vote on weeks, not you. I find it interesting that you consider yourselves an "us". So what exactly is your allegiance to weeks? I admit that overhammering would be a bit strange for scum to make. I think it's possible you did just miscount. It's also possible that weeks misread also, but it's also possible he's scum hammered to end day 1 ASAP with a townie lynch.

As for me not believing you both just misread, that is my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. I am not suggesting we need to lynch weeks, and especially not right now. I currently think he is the best candidate so far, however it is very early on day 2, so we have plenty of time to review weeks as well as everyone else who is playing (including me).

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:You are keeping a vote on us
*raises eyebrow* He's not voting for you, he is voting for weeks. This reeks of flustered floundering - you've done it before in games when you are scum and slipped up making mistakes like this - and every one of those times that I've seen, you have indeed been scum. The way you are trying to defend weeks as this "we" of the both of you & weeks really makes it seems like you are actually the one in charge. Therefore, because of all this, I am placing vote on you.

Vote: Brooklynxman
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:00 am UTC

You have consistently grouped me with weeks in this, and FOS'ed me and only didn't vote me because weeks was the hammer. If the case on me doesn't stand the case on Weeks is barely there.

Anyway, why would scum hammer when it was going so fast they could sit back and let a townie do it.

Spoiler:

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:49 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:You have consistently grouped me with weeks in this, and FOS'ed me and only didn't vote me because weeks was the hammer. If the case on me doesn't stand the case on Weeks is barely there.

Anyway, why would scum hammer when it was going so fast they could sit back and let a townie do it.
Because it forces the end of day. and you can always use this as an argument to defend.

Krong

Postby Krong » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:22 am UTC

I'm getting deja vu from the day one discussion about the value of FoS's, and I wasn't even playing that day. Are we going to spend all day debating the scumminess of speedhammering?
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 pm UTC

Sungura's point about Brooklynxman looks to have some merit. I'm about to go to bed, so will try to reread enough tomorrow to see if I am convinced enough to vote.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

Sungura's point has no merit. It's just a rushed interpretation of BXM's post, trying to instigate people into believing we are somehow related because of the use of the word "we".

I have proof that Sungura is scum. And there's a slight chance she's a scumbuddy with Dr Ug.

Vote: Sungura

Krong

Postby Krong » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 am UTC

OK... care to elaborate on that? If you're some sort of cop, is there a possibility from your role that you're insane / paranoid?

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:26 am UTC

Weeks, I'm happy to entertain your accusations, despite what you did in hp mafia :P, but you'll need to give a better argument than that when your back's to the wall.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:47 pm UTC

I am a Jedi. I can feel the force of people (if any). I felt a dark presence from Sungura last night. I chose to cop her because...something felt odd about her on D1.

Now, if she's the Sith Lord...it's possible there's no other way to eliminate her than lynching her. My role implies there is a Sith apprentice. I would need to find this apprentice tonight. That would leave us with another scum or anti-town player to defeat (assuming 3 anti-town).

I don't think there's a godfather. Or at least, not one that can prevent me from copping correctly.

I also don't think there's insane or paranoid cops.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:18 pm UTC

I'm happy to FTC in this case; Sungura had been vaguely pinging me all game, mostly (as I mentioned earlier) with regard to her passive mode of play, only responding to others rather than generating discussion.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Krong

Postby Krong » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:24 pm UTC

Let's see... if we miss this, we're at LYLO from here on out. If we lynch someone other than Weeks or Amy, we have to make a guess at which one is innocent tomorrow. (Not sure if mafia would kill a cop for safety or leave them alive to keep the town confused... hmm, I guess I could see either working for them.)

Eh... let's hope Weeks isn't a liar in this game.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:37 pm UTC

I usually trust Sungura (which is not always wise since roles are randomized), and Weeks has had some strangeness. However, a false cop claim would just mean that we lynch him tomorrow. So, I'm willing to follow the cop.

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:45 pm UTC

Man, lots of stuff has happened in what seems to be such a short time period. I'll try to summarize some of my main points about today.

First of all, I see no issue from the bandwagoning on BigNose yesterday. It seems that he had plenty of time to explain himself before being finished off. It's easy to call it a bad bandwagon in hindsight because we know he's a townie now, but from a Day 1 perspective it makes pretty good sense to me.

Dr. Ug has been acting strangely. I'm not great at metagaming, but when playing with him in JP he acted far less aggressively. He has, however, really been contributing to the town, and I'm somewhat inclined to trust him for that. I still personally do not like his idea of keeping a vote on someone constantly, but I see the idea's merits and it certainly gets discussion going.

Weeks and brooklynxman are an interesting topic. Even though they are (as far as we know) completely separate, we have lumped them together currently because of Dr. Ug's and others' accusations. This caused a pretty innocent slip-up on brooklynxman's part about the whole "us" thing, as I can never see a mafioso refering to himself and a cohort as "us" in regular conversation, it is WAY to huge a mistake even if it's a double-bluff. Maybe I'm too trusting in general, but I see this as pretty innocent.

As for the recent Sungura revelation, it is pretty clear what is necessary. It could be a pretty ballsy false claim on Weeks' part, but if Sungura turns out to be innocent we know exactly who to lynch tomorrow. With that,

So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Krong

Postby Krong » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm UTC

Krong wrote:Vote: Sungura

Sorry, just realized I hadn't unvoted first.
Unvote

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:44 pm UTC

/me rollseyes
Thanks you guys FOR LYNCHING BEFORE I EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO SAY ANYTHING.

/me tootles off to read spoilers.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:49 pm UTC

OH I misscounted.

5 votes 10 players not a lynch yet.

Okay.

Seriously.

Before someone else gets in quick points:

1) Weeks has posted today multiple times. Yet, he cops me at night, and only thinks of NOW to say something?

2) He conviently says something AFTER Dr. Ug and I get on him and bxm.

3) Instead of being OMGUS'y and voting for Dr. Ug he clearly comes up with this scheme to get you all on me.

4) If he really is Jedi he just made the largest mistake of the game. Everyone knows it. Because we now know him and likely BXM are jedi then. No Jedi would be /that dumb/

(note: I did not read spoilers yet, I did a double check on vote count first).

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 pm UTC

Oh and
5) For all of you who were all "Oh heyyyyyy the Big Nose was a quick lynch and that was bad". Uh, I have not been here all day. And yet, in the course of the DAY less than 24 freakin' hours I am almost lynched? I think you need to also look at who is voting who is also all "speedlynches are bad"

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 am UTC

I'm in the process of replacing cf.

Votals:
Weeks - 1 (Dr Ug)
Brooklynxman - 1 (Sungura)
Sungura - 5 (Weeks, VectorZero, Krong, mpolo, willwithskills)

6 votes to make someone's star go supernova with the Sun Crusher lynch
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 am UTC

Good evening, everyone, and thank you for tuning in to this special report of the Galactic News Network. We have another report from The Dirty Lekku, site of this morning's gruesome murder. On the site, we have G-135b, our star reporter droid:

G-135b: "Good evening, citizens. The Dirty Lekku has just been evacuated. There are strange sounds coming from inside. Odd humming noises, and loud crashes. There is occasionally the sound of electrical zaps. These sounds correlate 100% with the records we have of the famous battle between the late Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, and the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker."

The camera pans to the alley behind the cantina, where a figure in a dark robe is seen fleeing.

"The sounds from inside have stopped... it appears one of the combatants has fled the scene. Let's go inside and see just what has happened."

The camera begins to follow the droid inside, but the droid stops the camera from entering.

"Gentlebeings of the galaxy, the interior of the cantina is far too gruesome to show on the holonet. But, I can report that there is the remains of one being, holding a deactivated lightsaber. He is burned by what appears to be lightning, and his legs are on the other side of the room. This individual appears to be Jedi Knight Brooklynxman. May the Force be with him."

Back in the studio, "Thank you for that report, G-135b. This has been a difficult day for the Galaxy. Hopefully this renegade Sith can be brought to justice. In other news... that leaves 9 individuals remaining in the well-known Sith investigation, and as 5 votes have already been registered, this means with the demise of this poor noble Jedi Knight, a consensus has been reached. Sungura has been lynched. Good night, galaxy, and see you in the morning."

Brooklynxman has been killed. He was a Jedi Knight.
Sungura has been lynched. Her role will be revealed in the morning.

Deadline for all night actions is Thursday, April 29 at 6pm EST. If I receive all actions before then, and have introduced a replacement for cf, I will begin Day 3 as soon as possible.
Last edited by hendusoone on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:36 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 am UTC

Jedi-cop is jedi-cop.

Spoiler:

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:27 am UTC

You are dead, and I am lynched anyway :P

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 am UTC

Wait...I....what?

Eh well, I'm more powerful now then you could possibly imagine. And I am a jedi so I have valid reason to say it.

Spoiler:

Weeks

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby Weeks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 am UTC

Fuck!

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:42 am UTC

You must go <jedi_master>, in the dagobah system. There, you will learn the true ways of the force.

Spoiler:

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:46 am UTC

Dude.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:49 am UTC

As it is now night, I must remind everyone to avoid making game content posts. Brook's posts are fine, as they do not have actual game content in them, and fall under the "Star Wars fooling around" clause (except for the vote post, but that was clearly a case of ninja). One of Weeks's posts is questionable, and Dr Ug's was definitely game content (probably ninja'd since it was a longer post. I asked lanicita to remove it, looks like she already has). If you have read it, please disregard the contents.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:08 am UTC

Hmmm... sorry about that didn't even notice I was ninja'd by the death after it posted.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:13 am UTC

hmm...I didn't think of it that way, sorry hendu.

So...grrrrrrrooooooooooonkkkkkk?

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:18 am UTC

No worries, I'm not mad or anything. I guess the ninja-warning just wasn't working properly.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm UTC

cf has been replaced with Darkname.

Note that the replacements list is now empty. This means that if nobody else signs up for replacements, further inactivity will result in a modkill, unless there is reasonable notification in advance.

If anybody would like to sign up as a potential future replacement, please post the request in bold in the game thread.

I believe I have received all night actions. I will check once I'm home from work, and if so, I will process them and start Day 3 this evening.

Return to “Mafia”