Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Game Over, Sith Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby mpolo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm UTC

I will be out of town from tomorrow to Tuesday. I might manage to check in briefly tomorrow morning, but can't promise anything.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby hendusoone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:43 pm UTC

Thanks for the notice, mpolo. Noted.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby Sungura » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 pm UTC

I would sign up for a replacement but I read spoilers.
*hugs and runs*
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby BigNose » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 am UTC

Ditto
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

superdemongob
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm UTC
Location: Vaults of Erebus, Tartarus

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby superdemongob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am UTC

i haven't read any spoilers so if you need a replacement, you can count me in.
ive only got one other game on atm so i'll be active too.
Click on whichever appeals to you more:
Image Image Image Image
Image

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby Darkname » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 pm UTC

Hey All New Replacement here just checkin in... Good to be in!
BLARG!!

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Night 2)

Postby hendusoone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm UTC

Good morning, galaxy! I've got a quick update on the events of last night...

After thorough investigation of the residences of the lynched Sungura, New Republic Security discovered a tattered black cloak, whose edges have been recently scorched by what appears to be a lightsaber. They also discovered a lightsaber and a number of Sith training manuals. It is believed that the brutal attack on the late Jedi Brooklynxman was perpetrated by Sungura.

In other news, from Nal Hutta: It is reported that the criminal syndicate run by the Hutts has just paid out a large bounty to an unknown bounty hunter. The otherwise unknown smuggler VectorZero, who the Hutts suspect of stealing their cargo and selling to other syndicates, has been captured an executed. It is unknown who VectorZero was working for, but it is certain that he had no other ties to any known criminal organizations, and was not employed by the Jedi.

Our final, and most tragic item of news this morning. Jedi Master Weeks has been found dead, stabbed through the heart with a lightsaber, apparently from behind. New Republic Intelligence has reported that they are unable to locate any security footage of the incident: the recordings are all blank. A funeral for the late Jedi Master will be held at the Jedi Academy at sundown in three days.



Sith Apprentice Sungura is dead.
Smuggler VectorZero is dead.
Jedi Master Weeks is dead.

It is now Day 3. 6 players remain. 4 to lynch.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 am UTC
Location: Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Weeks » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm UTC

Use the force luke...*dies*
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby hendusoone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:40 pm UTC

FYI: I will be away until Sunday. I might be able to get on and post some quick votals between now and then, but don't expect all that much.

Also: thanks, superdemongob, for signing up as a potential replacement.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Sungura » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:44 pm UTC

*dies*
Black robe you say?
karatebunnystabilisedsu.gif
Photos by me, animation by hal
I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' LIGHTSABRE!
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:58 pm UTC

^ Now I see the true power of the Dark Side of the Force.

So from last night's events, I'd guess that:

1. We don't have a doctor who could have protected Weeks.
2. VZ was independent, and there's an independent bounty hunter or Hutt around. Probably not an SK, as that sounded more like a targeted killing.
3. We killed the apprentice, and obviously there's a master out there.

I know there was speculation earlier on whether we just have the two mafia for the whole game, or whether the master would gain a recruitment ability upon losing an apprentice. If that's the case, might it also be true that the recruitment ability is limited to Jedi? Would we have had 3 or more Jedi in the game?

I'll try to check the thread to see if Sungura was obviously connected to anyone, but in the meantime I guess we can start with this:

Weeks wrote:I have proof that Sungura is scum. And there's a slight chance she's a scumbuddy with Dr Ug.

Weeks seemed to have good enough scumdar Day 1 to investigate Sungura, so I'm inclined to think of his "slight chance" as a bit of evidence against Dr Ug. Combined with Dr Ug's behavior Day 1, I'm leaning toward a vote on him, but I'd rather hear some discussion first.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby VectorZero » Sat May 01, 2010 4:31 am UTC

I object to my death being less tragic than Weeks'.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Sun May 02, 2010 11:26 pm UTC

So.... This game is suffering from a severe lack of posting. Time to (partly) remedy that:

Ok, so the two people I was pushing hard against were BXM and Weeks, who turned out to be (at least 2 of) our jedis. That's not so great. I must say when BXM said "we" yesterday the thought that they could be masons together did cross my mind, especially when Weeks claimed jedi cop. (this is at least partly the content from my deleted post that was ninja'd by nightfall).

So the flavour seems to suggest BXM was daykilled by Amy, and that Weeks was the night kill. So, while we have taken out 1 mafia, we are also down a couple of town power roles, including our cop. I still wonder if the Sith Master gets to recruit a new apprentice having lost one.
Krong wrote:I know there was speculation earlier on whether we just have the two mafia for the whole game, or whether the master would gain a recruitment ability upon losing an apprentice. If that's the case, might it also be true that the recruitment ability is limited to Jedi? Would we have had 3 or more Jedi in the game?
I must say this idea sounds appealing (if only because it shines at least some good light on our having lost the jedi's). However, given weeks had claimed jedi, if the recruitment had to come from jedi I would have thought they would have tried that on him rather than NK him.

As to Week's suggestion I am scumbuddy with Amy, not much I can do to argue against it other than saying "I'm not", as there was no actual content in the accusation, just "a slight chance".

Ok... time to take a look at Amy's posting:
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:Wow....on page 2 and a myriad of votes going all over the place. At this point, I can conclude you are all mad.
I must admit I know *nothing* about star wars - I just like the dude who talks funny and lives in a swamp. And light sabres make cool "vvmmm" noises. I saw two movies - the one with the death star and the one with "help me obiwankanobi" line in it. I think the death star one had the "I AM YOUR FATHER" line. So basically, I saw the two movies with the lines that get quoted a lot.

As to Az's point - he makes a good one, and I never liked FoS's much myself. They really serve no purpose. If you are feeling squicky about someone, your post likely says as much. If you are going to bother making an FoS you may as well bother voting.
Surprise at the early voting. Claim of not knowing the flavour much. Agrees with Az that FoS's are useless. No real implications of anyone here.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:FoS's mean nothing here. They are about as worthless as bolded text on an internet forum.

BigNose - sure you can think what you want about FoS's no one is telling you what you have to think. And just so you know, it's not a newbie game so I treat everyone like they know what they are doing. You can't just claim newbie in every post. We get it. You don't have much experience. Do your best, have fun. Right now though it really seems like you are just "lulz i'm a newb" in almost every post you are making which to me is really really really coming across that you are trying to set it up so everyone thinks of you as this newbie who doesn't know what you are doing so we all ignore you. Awesome tactic...and one of the most common I see with newbie scum if they don't go the lurking route. IGMEOY.

Overall though, I have to agree with VZ that this whole Ug/Nose thing seems oddly benign...Nose pings me more than Ug does though. For as much as Nose is getting on Ug for FOS patterns, Nose is no better with FOS'ing so that just strikes me as odd.

The bad thing about this game is so many new players my meta is half useless here. The only thing I can say is Az is being himself, which isn't much to go off of.
Ok, a little info here potentially. Places a bit of suspicion on BigNose for "I'm a noob" claiming. The wording of this post could even come across as one scum telling another scum to stop acting scummy, but then maybe I'm just seeing things. No vote here. Then thinks that the whole arguement between myself and BigNose is benign, and that Nose is the scummier of the two. Perhaps this is the "slight evidence" that weeks had of us being scumbuddies? Eitherway, it seems like she was trying to push (quite subtly I'll admit) for a BigNose lynch, a push which I unfortunately fell for as I was the first vote in her 'wagon. Also a claim that Az is acting like himself (which Amy is wont to do), which I think he was. I don't think Az is scum.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:Actually, why would it matter the timing?
1) These are for the most part experienced players, no one is dumb enough to copy/paste if they are both scum (even newbies I'd be surprised to see that)
2) With or without #1, any similarities is just a big bag of WIFOM, the only potential usefulness would be when we lynch scum we might be able to compare them to the rest of the people. But this could still delve into a mess of WIFOM easily.

So...really, I don't see the need to post a list at the same time. And for day one, with the majority of town (rule of thumb is 1 scum per 5 players, so with 12 players we'd see probably 2 scum, possibly 3, depending on what other roles are out there for balance) even figuring worst case with 3 scum all putting their buddies at high town, if the rest of the group feels them scummy, they'd still easily be lynched.
The timing she's referring to is the posting of our suspicion list. Points out that the suspicion list of a scum is likely to be a big bag of WIFOM. I'm not looking forward to trying to read into Amy's list...
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
BigNose wrote:
Sungura wrote:Between all of the stuff at the beginning with "lol I'm a newbie" to now not wanting to even discuss who he thinks is scum, I:
Vote: BigNose
No explanation, jumping on a possible bandwagon = possible scum. Without further review of posts, my conclusion/response is hasty, but info is info.
I don't think you can read. I clearly said why.
Next up, BigNose buries himself, I vote for him and Amy jumps on the 'wagon.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
BigNose wrote:
Sungura wrote:Between all of the stuff at the beginning with "lol I'm a newbie" to now not wanting to even discuss who he thinks is scum, I:
Vote: BigNose
No explanation, jumping on a possible bandwagon = possible scum. Without further review of posts, my conclusion/response is hasty, but info is info.
I don't think you can read. I clearly said why.
BigNose points out Amy's wagon-jumping, but she refutes it. Still not much here.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:Oh, obviously my list has bignose at the top. Analysis shall follow just wanted to get this done in case of night and jazz.

11. BigNose
10. Brooklynxman
9. Asmodieus
8. willwithskills
7. Weeks
6. Flying_Cookie
5. crucialityfactor
4. NaR
3. Azrael001
2. Dr Ug
1. VectorZero
Ok this is Amy's scum list. There is so much wine here it's hard to decifer anything. I'm down the town end (man this is not looking great for me), as is Az and VZ. BigNose and BXM are up the scum end (both of which we know aren't. Amy is quite an experienced player, so I'd be surprised if she would put her scumbuddy up the town end. I think in the middle is more likely (admittedly her No 1 town slot is VZ who is dead, and me who I know am town, but right now I'm looking fairly damned suspicious). I guess Az could be the buddy, as could any of NaR, CF. F_C was next (and dead, likely vanilla town) I think weeks down are likely to be town, but then she may also be putting scum down that end to distance. Given Amy's experience I think this list is actually very unlikely to tell us much, just because there are gallons and gallons of wine in there.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
Asmodieus wrote:Set phasers to stun!

Am I doing it right?

That sounds like star trek, not star wars :P

Um. I mean. Let the force be with you.
Sungura wrote:Dear Mr Mod, could you please edit the title for if it is day or night?
Gracias!
A flavour nighttime post and a request for a title-change. Nothing here. Move along.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:Well...that could have gone better. Although, it seems to me that both BigNose and Flying_Cookie were vanilla town because of:
hendusoone wrote:Just some poor guy. Poor BigNose guy!"

and
hendusoone wrote:Preliminary identification reports that the victim is Flying_Cookie.


I get the feeling of "Eh, just some dude" and "Eh, well, we looked at his wallet and his driver's license says Flying_Cookie" both sound quite plain and ordinary, and we are told town, hence I'd say they were just vanilla town. So...while we could be better off, at least it seems we have lost no power roles.

I was feeling iffy about some other people yesterday and so knowing BigNose is town might actually help me put some rhyme and reason to that by looking at interactions so I plan on tonight/tomorrow going through and doing a player analysis.

I think Dr Ug's quick vote for weeks for being the hammer vote is quick and actually unwarented, so that is quite unsettling, seems to me like he's trying to get an easy bandwagon starting.
Feels that the D1/N1 deaths were both vanilla town (F_C and BigNose). Plans further analysis. Thinks I'm a bit scummy for trying to push for a weeks lynch. I'll let others analysis the implications for me (although they really are looking not great).
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
Dr Ug wrote:Given that the resolution of my list is not great, that final act on Day 1 (ie hammering BigNose before we could discuss more and everyone could get their lists in) is enough to make me vote.
Fair enough. You can think it warrants a vote, I can think you are jumping the gun on it.
Dr Ug wrote:I don't think we should rush through a vote, and a single vote does not a bandwagon make.
True, a single vote does not make a bandwagon, it was how you worded your post that made it seem to me like you were trying to start an "easy" bandwagon.
Dr Ug wrote:I would, however, be interested in why you find breaking the plan of town, which had been clearly expressed, and speed-hammering a townie does not warrant a vote.
A lot of people were posting and yet I don't see that everyone who posted after the idea was brought up ever did a list even though they posted between the idea and lynch so I don't think it was general consensus to post lists. I never got the feeling that everyone was on board for it, and even I think it should have been discussed a bit further. While interesting idea and good for a day one lynch, it could also be detrimental to the town to have *everyone* posts lists. How? If the town collectively trusts the same people, that is an excellent night kill target then.

Also, there was no "speed-hammer". BigNose was under suspicion from early on and the votes were pretty strung out, he got quite a few replies in to the charges brought against him and yet kept getting more votes from everyone. I think you missunderstand what a speed lynchin'/speed hammering is.
Sungura wrote:Thanks for explaining your reasoning, it makes more sense now. I understand what you mean by a speed hammer now.
However, I still don't think weeks is really that scummy, so while I follow your reasoning I don't agree with your conclusion.
Sungura wrote:EBWOP also, three votes should be plenty to be getting explanations and not the same run-arounds. I rarely see anyone get out of a lynch once you get up to 5 or 6 votes. At that point, it's almost worthless to try because anything you say will definitely be interpreted in the stigma that you are scum, everything is read with those "you are bad!" glasses on, so to speak. 3-ish votes is the time to realize you are giving off the completely wrong vibe and tactics must be changed/explained, especially in a mini game. A larger game yeah you can wait until 5 or so,sure, but not with a small player base. Just general FYI I guess. Once you get approx 1/4 votes on you, that is time to change/do some 'splaining. The more games you play the more you notice that trend though.
Ok, these three posts are to do with the argument between Sungura and myself about whether weeks and BXM look scummy. If I try to look at this through unbiased eyes, it really does look like the two of us distancing, especially as I was the one pushing for a lynch of the (now known) two jedis. I can't see anyone other than myself being implicated here.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:I am still suspicious of BXM, but that was all independent of the vote. The fact that he extra hammered, if anything, makes it seem like even more of a town mistake than a mafia because way to stick out like a sore thumb! BXM has played enough games and would know better than that, so if it affects my view of him at all, it actually moves him more towards town in my list.
Still suspicious of BXM (was suspicious D1 on her list, didn't really give any reasoning that I can recall), but feels the overhammer actually makes him seem more towny than anything.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
VectorZero wrote:Ninja EBWOP: that's pretty much textbook WIFOM, though, isn't It?

Not really. What /would/ be very wifomy is if he had posted it as defence. I guess it /could/ be wifom but...eh. Sometimes, Occam's razor.
VZ felt that her last post could be WIFOM from BXM, Sungura disagrees.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:You are keeping a vote on us
*raises eyebrow* He's not voting for you, he is voting for weeks. This reeks of flustered floundering - you've done it before in games when you are scum and slipped up making mistakes like this - and every one of those times that I've seen, you have indeed been scum. The way you are trying to defend weeks as this "we" of the both of you & weeks really makes it seems like you are actually the one in charge. Therefore, because of all this, I am placing vote on you.

Vote: Brooklynxman
Thinks the "us" slip up by BXM is a scumtell. I'm thinking now it was probably a mason-tell. Votes BXM.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:/me rollseyes
Thanks you guys FOR LYNCHING BEFORE I EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO SAY ANYTHING.

/me tootles off to read spoilers.
Weeks claims cop, and the Amy-wagon goes off. She miscounts and thinks it's all over red rover.
Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:OH I misscounted.

5 votes 10 players not a lynch yet.

Okay.

Seriously.

Before someone else gets in quick points:

1) Weeks has posted today multiple times. Yet, he cops me at night, and only thinks of NOW to say something?

2) He conviently says something AFTER Dr. Ug and I get on him and bxm.

3) Instead of being OMGUS'y and voting for Dr. Ug he clearly comes up with this scheme to get you all on me.

4) If he really is Jedi he just made the largest mistake of the game. Everyone knows it. Because we now know him and likely BXM are jedi then. No Jedi would be /that dumb/

(note: I did not read spoilers yet, I did a double check on vote count first).
Sungura wrote:Oh and
5) For all of you who were all "Oh heyyyyyy the Big Nose was a quick lynch and that was bad". Uh, I have not been here all day. And yet, in the course of the DAY less than 24 freakin' hours I am almost lynched? I think you need to also look at who is voting who is also all "speedlynches are bad"
Realise she mis-counted and makes a few final points. Mainly self-defence. "why did weeks wait until now to cop-claim", I tend to agree with point 4, I don't think weeks needed to claim cop as it really did cost us both him an BXM (who at that point were looking just scummy enough to probably avoid the NK for a few days at least - right where a power-role wants to be). Point 5 is so full of wine, it's hard to interpret.

Conclusion:

I look quite bad from Amy's posting pattern. I can't really see anyone else being implicated, so that's not so good. Perhaps I'm just distracted by the fact that I'm the main one being implicated. Can anyone else see any other people being implicated? Az and VZ are the only other two even mentioned more than once from what I can remember, and VZ is dead and not-scum. I think someone less involved needs to have a go at this also.

And finally, to look at who voted Amy (and why):

Weeks (claimed cop result)
VZ (happy to follow the cop, amy has been mildly pinging all game)
Krong (thinks it would be LYLO tomorrow if lynch wrong, and thinks it is too confusing to leave both weeks and amy alive)
mpolo (willing to follow the cop, lynch weeks tomorrow if amy was town)
Willwithskills (long post, thinks i'm acting strangely, not sure that weeks and BXM were linked, agrees lynch amy, then lynch weeks if wrong)

BXM dies

BXM votes Amy (ninja'd by his death and nightfall).

I think at this point most scum would probably have thrown amy under the bus, although it did happen quite quickly and maybe they didn't get the chance to do that. I will be keeping a closer eye on Krong, mpolo and WWS though.

wall of text - release!
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia

Postby Dr Ug » Mon May 03, 2010 2:08 am UTC

EBWOP: Oh, and we seriously need to hear more from crucialityfactor Darkname. He has 0 content so far:
crucialityfactor wrote:I'm hoping that there's a Stormtrooper Serial Killer who has a 10% chance to kill each night, but can shoot at each target multiple times.

Cause we all know how Stormtroopers stuck at shooting things.
crucialityfactor wrote:I'm a Tauntaun.
crucialityfactor wrote:I thought you've played quite a few games asmmod...
Replaced 2 RL days ago and:
Darkname wrote:Hey All New Replacement here just checkin in... Good to be in!
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Mon May 03, 2010 2:22 am UTC

Yeah, it's kinda worrying how much lurking we have with just 6 players in the game:

2. mpolo (replaced Not A Raptor)
3. willwithskills
5. Dr Ug
6. Krong (replaced Azrael001)
8. Asmodieus
9. Darkname (replaced crucialityfactor)

I'm going to retract my suspicion of you for now, Dr Ug, despite Weeks' thoughts, because I feel like the distance between you and Amy in those posts was genuine. You were acting weird before, and I'm keeping that in mind, but looking back at your posts in response to Amy, I didn't get the sense that you two were scumbuddies.

Also, you're actually posting, which definitely counts for something.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm UTC

Hey all Darkname here, i dont have very much time on the weekends so ill be mostly posting on the weekdays just fyi.

Well i havnt completly read the entire forum so ill post/edit Later today!

May the force be with you!
BLARG!!

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby hendusoone » Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 pm UTC

Darkname, please don't edit in a game thread, ever. If you need to change something in a post, double post.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 pm UTC

Ahhhhh you got me before i reliased i needed to Put the ebwop thingy so i could say i needed to not edit, but i coudnt edit it out so some one was gonna see it >.<

Kk Dually noted!
BLARG!!

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm UTC

EBWOP

Ok i
Vote: Dr Ug

Simply because he tryed to get both of our jedies lynched!

Thats baaad

But further evidence is need and i think that this wont last long although still seems supsious to me..
BLARG!!

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby willwithskills » Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm UTC

It's good that some discussion is finally being generated. Dr. Ug's huge post was definitely helpful, even though it didn't reveal a whole lot about Amy. What it did mean to me, though, was that Dr. Ug seems a lot more trustworthy now. It could be a daring double-bluff, but his analysis of Amy even when she implicated him the most was honest and unbiased. Even with him leading the lynch against our Jedi, I feel that he honestly thought they were scum, and they sure acted like it at first. As I've said, it is easy to accuse Dr. Ug in hindsight, now that we know they are Jedi, but at the time it certainly seemed justified.

I wish I had any insight into whom Amy might be linked to, but I didn't see anything besides the subtle ones to Dr. Ug. I do have some pretty strong ideas about the number of Jedi and Sith left in the game. I am almost sure that there would be the same amount of Jedi and Sith in this game, if there were more of one side the game would probably be unbalanced. That means it was either 3 vs 3, which seems unlikely in a game of this size, or 2 vs 2. While 3 vs 3 is possible, I find 2 vs 2 MUCH more likely. This theoretically means that both our Jedi are dead, and one Sith is left. That's the way I see it.

As for recruits, I'm guessing that the leader of either side has a recruit/train new apprentice/whatever. Weeks was the Jedi Master, so I'm guessing, if there are any Jedi left, that they don't have a recruit. The Sith that is/are alive may still have a recruit to replace their dead apprentice, it's more likely they/he has one than the Jedi at this point.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Mon May 03, 2010 10:16 pm UTC

Darkname wrote:EBWOP

Ok i
Vote: Dr Ug

Simply because he tryed to get both of our jedies lynched!

You know, I hadn't realized that until now... I guess Dr Ug did mention it, but I must have skimmed over it.

So it does turn out that the Speedhammerers of Night One (coming soon to a theater near you!) were Weeks with the lynch vote and BXM with the overlynch. This was a vote on BigNose (townie) before either of them got their coppishness going.

Now Day 2 rolls around, and we have Dr Ug jumping up on a "kill the speedhammerers" soapbox. Others try to convince him that it's more likely to be an alternative explanation, but he doesn't really budge. Weeks pops up to say that he's Jedi and has copped Sungura, at which point a bandwagon forms. BXM gets Sith-killed shortly after Amy's last posts, causing a lynch majority to be reached. (I'm pretty sure this means Amy saw a bandwagon forming quickly, and decided to use her power right away.)

So here's some more evidence against the good doctor: He argued strongly for lynching either of our two Jedi, and argued strongly against speedlynching when it turns out that Sith have day actions.

I'm going to leave this at an
FoS: Dr Ug
for now, since I really didn't see much of a Sungura -- Dr Ug link from the posts. They could have just been playing it rather well, I guess.

However, I do want to vote soon, because I'm kind of wary about letting the day go for too long. It's likely that since the Sith apprentice had a daykill, the master will too.

Also, BXM might have also been a cop and breadcrummed an investigation result. I'll see if I can find anything.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 pm UTC

Darkname wrote:EBWOP

Ok i
Vote: Dr Ug

Simply because he tryed to get both of our jedies lynched!

Thats baaad

But further evidence is need and i think that this wont last long although still seems supsious to me..
Ok. So that's your opinion on me. After reading the entire thread surely you have opinions on other players? We would like to hear them, because as you read above the person you replaced lurked for almost the entire game and so we have no content from them to analyse. If you could post your thoughts on all four of the other players, and possibly a bit more detail than pointing out that I tried to push for the jedis to be lynched (which I pointed out myself).

I have admitted that I look quite bad at this point, and if people decide to lynch me that's fine, but before that we *need* more content from you, but also the other four.

Asmodieus is probably the next closest to a lurker and we definitely need to hear more from him, and hopefully mpolo will come back and say something now that he has returned from wherever he was (he just posted in HP).

As for lynching me, I do ask that you don't hammer me before I get a chance to respond.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby mpolo » Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 am UTC

I am back from my weekend. We got one Sith, there is (at least) one more. We know that the Hutts are in the game, and had a (possibly one-time) night kill, and presumably have won the game by killing their preferred target.

Dr Ug's analysis of Sungura shows that either she is connected with him, or she was trying to appear connected with him. Considering her experience in the game, this is actually rather likely. In any case, I'm not ready to vote Dr Ug.

At the moment, I don't have a lot of additional leads. I will try to reread a bit today/tomorrow to see if I can provide more.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 pm UTC

OK, we know who Weeks investigated N1, so let's see if BXM left any clues in his D2 posts:

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman wrote:
Weeks wrote:Well, in all honesty, I can say I hadn't counted the amount of votes, which is why I thought it was safe to vote.

I'm on the go, so I can't post much right now, but I'll try to come back later (I'm kinda occupied)

I also believed it wasn't as close to a lynch as it was, and I think I mentioned in my post I was sort of rushing.

Self-defense, nothing here.

Spoiler:
Dr Ug wrote:I'm interested to see that the last two people who have found me scummy, have also found weeks scummy for the same reason I did.

Brooklynxman wrote:You are keeping a vote on us because you won't accept our explanation, even though for me its pretty much guaranteed (why vote if its past the hammer) and there is no reason to disbelieve Weeks. If we agree Bignose was speed lynched then why not agree its possible someone didn't realize just how close it was to lynch due to the speed? I haven't been responding to avoid the OMGUS but this is getting ridiculous.

Not much here, but the fact that BXM avoids FoSing or voting in response to Dr Ug could point to an innocent investigation result.

Spoiler:
Sungura wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:You are keeping a vote on us
*raises eyebrow* He's not voting for you, he is voting for weeks. This reeks of flustered floundering - you've done it before in games when you are scum and slipped up making mistakes like this - and every one of those times that I've seen, you have indeed been scum. The way you are trying to defend weeks as this "we" of the both of you & weeks really makes it seems like you are actually the one in charge. Therefore, because of all this, I am placing vote on you.

Vote: Brooklynxman

Brooklynxman wrote:You have consistently grouped me with weeks in this, and FOS'ed me and only didn't vote me because weeks was the hammer. If the case on me doesn't stand the case on Weeks is barely there.

Anyway, why would scum hammer when it was going so fast they could sit back and let a townie do it.

Responding to Sungura. Since she was Sith, nothing here.
The fact that BXM doesn't use the opportunity to OMGUS vote on scum seems to me to mean that Weeks couldn't PM with him, or else he would have sent the investigation result on Amy.

Spoiler:
Brooklynxman wrote:Vote: Sungura

Jedi-cop is jedi-cop.

After the hammer, ninja'd by day end. Nothing here.

... well, that turned out to be a rather pointless exercise. Hmm. All I get out of this is a piece of pro-Dr evidence, but I've already got a pile of that along with a pile of anti-Dr evidence. I just can't figure out which pile has more weight to it.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby hendusoone » Wed May 05, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

Votal:
Dr Ug - 1 (darkname)

4 votes to feed someone to a Rancor lynch.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Wed May 05, 2010 4:10 pm UTC

Well, Dr Ug , Me , and the lurker are probaly the only people i would call any kind of scummy right now and since The lurker is well lurking! Its just Me and Dr Ug that will have any kind of response to get this started on and with an early vote this might bring out the scummyniess in some one still alive, Instead of us all just over analyzeing already looked at post's. Besides i hope i dont start a bandwagon with one vote so Dr Ug is safe from the Feeding to a rancor Lynching!

:D
BLARG!!

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Wed May 05, 2010 4:14 pm UTC

EBWOP

Also if i die in the night it will no doubt make Dr Ug look very bad!
BLARG!!

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 pm UTC

Darkname wrote:EBWOP

Also if i die in the night it will no doubt make Dr Ug look very bad!
That's not setting it up for wine at all...

Who is "the lurker"?

Also, if everyone else appears town to you, please give reasons why.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Wed May 05, 2010 10:34 pm UTC

EBWOP: Ok, i'm guessing "the lurker" is Asmodieus. We haven't heard from him for 12 RL days.

Any chance of a modprod on Asmodieus?
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Asmodieus
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm UTC
Location: Ardis
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Asmodieus » Wed May 05, 2010 10:59 pm UTC

Hey, lurker here.

I have an AP test friday, so I have to dedicate my time to study, I'll post more on the weekend for sure.


So, here are my two cents on the Dr. Ug thing so far.

Darkname, I have to say your reason for voting reason is pretty flimsy. Dr. Ug went after Weeks and BXM before Night 1 meaning if he had powers like the Jedi of copping he wouldn't be able to use them. Perhaps we should look into that.

That being said.

I'm more inclined to believe that Dr. Ugs campaign to make himself look nonscummy is just a facade. His arguments with Sungura could be just a giant case of WIFOM. His amount of postage, and his analysis of Sungura to clear his name is the perfect cover to draw suspicion away.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby hendusoone » Wed May 05, 2010 11:52 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Any chance of a modprod on Asmodieus?
*waves hand* You do not need a modprod on Asmodieus. *waves hand again*
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby mpolo » Thu May 06, 2010 7:46 am UTC

Asmodieus makes a point that has been nagging at me... Dr Ug's big wall-o-text could just be wine. Or it could be a townie realizing he's been framed. Unfortunately, I don't have a real feel for this at the moment, perhaps because I was a replacement. I still plan to re-read for clues, but I honestly don't know when I'll manage it.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 pm UTC

Hmm. Not much happening here to help in making a decision. I'm also not a huge fan of how almost every post that bumps this thread up (mine included somewhat) says "Well, Dr Ug might be scum or he might not." It's active lurking, even if everyone does it.

So... yeah... let's see if changing the topic will get more conversation going. Since Dr Ug was calling out Asmodieus for lurking, might as well start there:

Asmodieus posts:

Spoiler:
Red Three, reporting in.

Confirming.
Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:Well, as of yet, I have nothing of substance to contribute to the thread, since it seems that role analysis has been taken as far as it can with the information we have so far.

But, I want to make my presence known. So I'll post a Star Wars related video

Says nothing is going on, just checking in. Mildly scummy because, as Dr Ug pointed out, some things definitely were going on by this point.
Spoiler:
Dr Ug wrote:Strangely enough there is more to talk about than role spec. What do you think of bignose? Willwithskills? Me? BXM? Anyone else. All you're doing in this post is commencing an active lurking campaign which makes you look like scum. Post some content otr you get my vote.

Asmodieus wrote:Its not that I'm commencing an active lurking campaign, its that I'm a noob and dont know what to do.

As for the players I dont have much of an input.

I think you're just playing aggresively to get the game going along.

and BXM is just bandwagoning because right now who cares? its the beginning of the game and a vote right now its pretty much inconsequential. It doesnt really seem scummy to me.

Responding to Dr Ug's point. Claims being a noob and thus is unsure of how to start. (Anyone know if this is true?) Says Dr Ug is being aggressive to start the game, and that BXM's vote doesn't matter much. Seems like a slight defense of both Dr Ug and BXM, but continuing the theme of "nothing's happening yet."
Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:
crucialityfactor wrote:I thought you've played quite a few games asmmod...

Played one dwarf game, lurked the whole thing. Well, lurked isnt the word for it. I just never looked at the thread until it came time for me to hammer someone. I was very irresponsible.
And I know I signed up for a couple other games but I got lynched right at the beginning, lurked those too though.

Response to CF wondering about the noob claim. Asmodieus claims usual behavior is to lurk or get lynched early... which to me is fairly scummy. If you usually lurk in games, that generally helps scum more than town, so it's not a good excuse for anything. (Weeks voted Asmodieus right after this.)
Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:@Flying_Cookie

Your post, I feel is made of a whole lot of nothing. You pretty much just said "Azrael talked alot about FoS. But, he voted for someone in the beginning of the game, so thats sorta suspicious."
Your claim of active lurking seems to apply more to you. You analyzed Azrael, and made the post needlessly long just to say that he may or may not be suspicious because of his vote against BXM. Which he only did because BXM's hasty vote drew his suspicion.

As for my speculations.
Weeks seems a bit scummy to me.

If only because of the accusals he's throwing around. Yes, his posts have all been jokey, but still.

He was very quick to suggest lynching me, (of course, it could be to get me out of lurking and to promote me to get some postage in) but its weird to me that he voted for me right after I made my post, without waiting for more people to post to see if I'd post anything else.

Also,

Weeks wrote:
BigNose wrote:
VectorZero wrote:I'm surprised at how little scumdar pinging i'm getting this game. . .
I agree.
Perhaps because you two are scum?


This, is also suspicious to me, as he could be accusing to try and get the eye of suspicion off himself. Since other people have said Weeks seemed a bit off to them too.
As inane as his accusal seems, he could be counting on people wanting to start a discussion against BigNose or VZ, and use his post as a jumping off point.

Finally a long post, which is good. Accuses F_C of active lurking *ahem*. Throws a lot of suspicion around, but mostly at Weeks. Seems a lot like an OMGUS post, mostly, but since there's a bit of stretching here (along the lines of "it's suspicious to vote for me after I said I'd probably lurk all game") and the accusations were against Weeks, I'd go mildly scummy for this post.
Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:
Flying_Cookie wrote:I do believe I never accused him of active lurking, since while most of his posts where just about FoSing, he was responding to people addressing him.

Flying_Cookie wrote:Over all, Az seems fairly neutral, with a couple places of suspicion.
First: Why where you suspicious of BxM? (I feel like I must have just missed something, but I can't find anything)
Second: Damn lot of rather content less posts. I'd call it active lurking, but I mentioned somewhere above, it would probably be odder to not continue explaining his views on fos' than to keep responding.
So either Neutral, or I'd say mildly scummy, depending on the existence for reasons for voting BxM.


Okay.
It isn't needlessly long as in its too long for anyone to be asked to read it.
What I meant to say was that you tried to create the illusion of a post that had alot to contribute, when all you really did is list a bunch of stuff that is irrelevant to figuring anything out (quotes of Azrael about FoS), and a feeble reason for why you thought he was suspicious.

In response to many accusations, explains what he meant by "active lurking" w/r/t Flying Cookie, saying F_C was posting lots of "stuff" without much actually being real content. Good explanation, so somewhat a townie post.

Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:
Flying_Cookie wrote:Right now I assume that you agree with my analysis, even if it was pointless, since I think that if you disagreed, you wouldn't try to argue about if it was pointless or not, and would instead argue that it was inaccurate (This is ignoring the active lurker argument, since I wasn't actually saying that he was one). (Feel free to let me know if I'm going totally in the wrong direction here) Because you agree with it, then I would say that its hardly pointless. Maybe you didn't need to see the posts gathered in one place, along with some small comments about it to know that you thought Az was fairly neutral, but, just by the fact that we now know that two people think Az isn't looking very town or very scummy, its told us something, and is not useless. (Again, if I'm totally off tell me)


BigNose wrote:As a Townie, why bother doing an anlysis on someone you consider Neutral or a Townie.


This.

Single word agreement with BigNose. Not particularly impressive, especially since the point being agreed to isn't really correct.

Next came three off-topic night posts.

Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:Sorry, I've been having trouble with my internet. Its been disconnecting a lot so I've been trying to get that fixed.

VectorZero wrote:Well, no dead Jedi, so that's good, I guess. First step should be to go back and look at FC, why did he become a scum target?


I think the reason FC was killed in particular was because he would have posed a risk later in the game as he would have posted more analyses.
Why not someone else?


Me. I haven't really contributed much to thread either way, so killing me would not have effected the game much.

CF same deal, he hasnt posted here in since the beginning of the game IIRC.

Dr_Ug. Nking him would be a problem, because he seems to be the one who has generated the most discussion in the game so far. So killing him would be bad since scum wouldn't be able to use his posts as a jumping off point to start an accusation or get suspicion on someone.

Krong wasnt an option because he came into after BigNose got lynched, and he couldnt be sized up. Also, it'd be kind of a dick move to kill someone the second they get in game.

Sungura wasn't much of a threat. Yeah, she made contributions to the thread on the first day, but they it wasn't a real threat to the mafia.

Urr, not much else on the rest. Anyone else got any ideas?

I'll also leave my list of people here since quite a few people have done it so far.
---------
Scum:
1) Dr. Ug- I'm starting to agree with Weeks and Krong's posts about Dr Ugs strange behavior.

2) Weeks- Not buying that excuse about not counting correctly votes because he was in a rush, how hard is it to look for the posts with bold that say "Vote" on them? The mod's also said countless times that it takes 7 votes to lynch.

3)Brook- same as Weeks.

Neutral:
1)Willwithskills- Made a couple posts, has been on a trip. Cant evaluate.
2)CF- Lurking. Who knows why? Hasnt responded to his modprod. Maybe theres something wrong with his internet?

Town:
1) VectorZero
2) Mpolo
3) Sungura
4) Krong
They've all contributed alot to the thread this second day and havent said anything weird, so I'm going with town.

Well, a pretty long post here. Provides a lot of speculation about why scum might kill certain targets... suggesting F_C was killed for useful analysis, which is a pretty strange turnaround. Eventually accuses Dr Ug, Brook, and Weeks, puts WWS and CF as neutral, and puts VZ, mpolo, Sungura, and me as town. Lots of things in this post seem a bit off to me, honestly.

Spoiler:
Asmodieus wrote:Hey, lurker here.

I have an AP test friday, so I have to dedicate my time to study, I'll post more on the weekend for sure.


So, here are my two cents on the Dr. Ug thing so far.

Darkname, I have to say your reason for voting reason is pretty flimsy. Dr. Ug went after Weeks and BXM before Night 1 meaning if he had powers like the Jedi of copping he wouldn't be able to use them. Perhaps we should look into that.

That being said.

I'm more inclined to believe that Dr. Ugs campaign to make himself look nonscummy is just a facade. His arguments with Sungura could be just a giant case of WIFOM. His amount of postage, and his analysis of Sungura to clear his name is the perfect cover to draw suspicion away.

Most recent post, which says Dr Ug may or may not be scummy without saying much more.

Sooo.... there seems to be a bit more than lurking going on here, with a few sentences here and there that seem contradictory or leading. For that, I'm going to:

Vote: Asmodieus
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Fri May 07, 2010 2:01 am UTC

I think I agree with Krong.

Asmodieus has not much content, and given that we probably don't want him around to tomorrow (which if we miss scum will most likely be LYLO), as we won't have enough to get a read on. I'm mighty suspicious that after I called him out for inactivity, he posted within 18 minutes. It makes me think it was deliberate rather than RL concerns (especially as he has not made a RL excuse). Also given his lurker history from past games (self admitted), I think he needs to go. I also don't like people using the Newbie excuse themselves ("don't forget, I'm a newbie so you shouldn't lynch me").

I'm still a little suspicious of darkname and want to hear a lot more from him, but I think a lot of my suspicion is probably OMGUS.

Asmodieus wrote:Dr_Ug. Nking him would be a problem, because he seems to be the one who has generated the most discussion in the game so far. So killing him would be bad since scum wouldn't be able to use his posts as a jumping off point to start an accusation or get suspicion on someone.
This post espeically I don't like. From my view (knowing I am town), this almost looks like scum setting up a link with me so that if he's lynched as scum, I look suspicious. I know there's oh so much wine in that last statement I made, but it's enough to make me want to:

Vote: Asmodieus

Also, if we could avoid hammering before Asmodieus gets a chance to at least respond that would be swell - something we've avoided doing with all lynches in this game thus far.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Dr Ug » Fri May 07, 2010 2:46 am UTC

EBWOP: Would we be told if it was possible LYLO?

If it is not possible LYLO, I think there can only be one scum left - if there were two and we mislynch and they NK town that would put us at 2-2 and loss tomorrow. Which means links between players are now irrelevant, so my point about Asmodieus trying to implicate me doesn't really make sense. Actually strike that, he posted it before Sungura was outed and lynched. So it still could have meaning.

Sorry, posting my thought stream there, but my vote remains the same even though I was initially thinking about changing it.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Krong » Fri May 07, 2010 4:12 am UTC

Yeah, at the risk of underestimating mafia strength / trying to get others to do the same, two Sith makes the most sense, both for flavor and balance. Two Sith, two Jedi, two independents, 6 townies is what I'd guess... unless I missed someone there...

Could you update the first post with the dead players' roles? I'm pretty sure we've lost 2 Jedi, 1 Sith, 2 townies, and 1 smuggler, but it would be nice to have it all in one place.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby mpolo » Fri May 07, 2010 6:12 am UTC

I always worry about lurker lynches, since they don't always pan out. I want to hear more from Asmodieus before voting. I am still promising myself that I will say more here. Maybe I will manage today, as I am down to only 2-3 pressing things to get done (earlier this week, it was like a zillion…) But I have class now…*


* I have always used too many ellipses, and now I have found out that my keyboard layout produces a real ellipsis when I press AltGr-period. Expect more ellipses! …………………………
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby Darkname » Fri May 07, 2010 12:26 pm UTC

Well after reviewing the statements and defense of Dr Ug and the other people i think we should wait for after the weekend for the bandwagon to kill up because it was stated that posting would happen during the week which would either help point out the scummyness or prove townie!

In any case ill
Unvote: Dr Ug
BLARG!!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby mpolo » Fri May 07, 2010 1:05 pm UTC

Krong wrote:Yeah, at the risk of underestimating mafia strength / trying to get others to do the same, two Sith makes the most sense, both for flavor and balance. Two Sith, two Jedi, two independents, 6 townies is what I'd guess... unless I missed someone there...

Could you update the first post with the dead players' roles? I'm pretty sure we've lost 2 Jedi, 1 Sith, 2 townies, and 1 smuggler, but it would be nice to have it all in one place.


If this analysis (and count) is correct, the other independent is likely a Hutt (since flavor indicated that the Hutts took out our friendly neighborhood smuggler).

That would leave us:
One Sith
4 townies
1 Hutt

Which means we essentially have two (and only two) chances to get the Sith: Today is essentially 5:1 (4:1:1), if we miss, tomorrow is 3:1 or 2:1:1. I'm presuming that the Hutt (who has likely already won) would go with town over Sith when it comes down to the wire. On the other hand, if the Sith can recruit a new apprentice, we could be facing 2:1:2 tomorrow, which is much worse...
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship
Contact:

Re: Mini - Star Wars: A New Hope for Mafia (Day 3)

Postby hendusoone » Fri May 07, 2010 4:35 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Would we be told if it was possible LYLO?
A better question would be, "Would we be told if it was LYLO?" And to that, I say no.
Krong wrote:Could you update the first post with the dead players' roles?
I guess I can do that.

Votal:
Asmodieus - 2 (Krong, Dr Ug)

4 votes to leave someone for a tribe of sandpeople lynch.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests