Whackabanana: The Mod is Dead. Long live Militant Atheists

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number

Re: Whackabanana: Day 2.2 - Alternate Reality

Postby b.i.o » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:41 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:
Sungura wrote:If everyone hates that this is closed, I can post a role list, but no one can roleclaim.

No need. It may be confusing but it'll all make beautiful perfect sense in the end.

And the figuring it all out is half of the fun.

OverBored

Postby OverBored » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:53 pm UTC

Hmm, okay. How about this.

Check Bulvox aka lickalicous strawberry for poison
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:11 pm UTC

He has no poison
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 pm UTC

Closed >> Open on the awesomeness scale.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:31 pm UTC

Closed setups FTW.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:10 am UTC

Votals:
Closed setups....ohwait nevermind.

Votals: 1 - Mr Pete (Bulvox)

and you guys it's been 24 hours and no real posts SOOOOOOOOOO in another hour or so I'm ending day.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 am UTC

So we appear to have a problem. Very few people are posting, and very few people are forming opinions. There's a ton of "I don't know" posts floating around on the last page or so of this thread, and that's really not ok.

I'm not at all convinced that Dr Ug/the time travelers are town. We have NO evidence to suggest that they are. We have seen that town members are labeled 'town' when dead, and guild members are labeled guild. At best they are independent and they can accomplish their goals without screwing the town over. At worst, them accomplishing their goals hurts us. Making blanket assumptions without evidence at this point is very, very dangerous.

I just re-read. It's really impossible to get a read on anyone when you're all afraid of making a decision that you're not 100% sure about. Scum will win this game if this continues. A well-discussed and well-reasoned townie lynch is a lot better for us in the long run than no discussion at all. You're confused today? You think we know nothing today? Well, it's not going to get very much better tomorrow unless you do something about it. TMP and I can't be the only ones looking at the whole game. We can't be the only ones here willing to state our opinions, willing to vote, willing to try to lead.

I'm not completely happy with it, but I think I'm going to
vote: overbored
I think Mr. Pete's an awful lynch, and I think Bulvox's reasoning is really weak considering all that's happened in this game so far. I got a few little pings from overbored's last post or two. I'm going to explain them in my next post, since night is nigh.

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:34 am UTC

So, reasoning for my overbored vote:
Guild: I'm inclined to believe they are pro-town completely. If you don't mind me asking (and if its bad for the town, don't answer): Do the guild have a recruit? It would put an interesting spin on the night actions. I would guess that the alternate reality was instigated by the time travellers since "the past was changed". This means that the guild is going to be a pretty strong force for the town, since they appear to be able to undo some pretty nasty day actions (although probably only a limited number of times). It also, in my eyes, suggests at least 4 members to the time travellers, and clears Az and JoJ.

PING

As I said in my previous post, we have NO evidence that the guild is town-aligned, and in fact some circumstantial evidence (alignments given after death) that it very probably isn't. We have NO reason to believe that the guild is town, NO real evidence that Az and JoJ are both part of the guild, and absolutely SHOULD NOT decide to clear Az and JoJ before we have a LOT more information.

Since the time traveller wasn't specifically outed as scum, I'm willing to believe they are either town-aligned or independent (but not cult). This kinda makes a lot of our scum chasing on day 1 pointless, but at least things worked out in the end.

PING

The same thing, earlier, with even LESS evidence. If you're going to be telling us people aren't dangerous, you'd better have some damned good reasoning. Here we have no reasoning at all, and repeated assertions that Az, JoJ, and the time travelers are town-aligned with absolutely no argument or evidence at all.

That'd be worth a vote normally if I had noticed it earlier, and when the only other vote is for a foolish claim, and made by someone who's been lurking, well, it's definitely a vote now.

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:54 am UTC

I hate to play follow the leader here, but I am going to vote for Overbored to avoid a Mr Pete lynch, since we don't know anything about him except that he comes up scum when investigated, and admitted it, which is brownie points. I want to point out that I would still rather lynch Mega, but with no one weighing in on her or b.i.o I will refrain (I am going to stop mentioning my preference until something else turns up to reinforce or change my opinion, I promise). The other reason to vote Overbored is to avoid a tie, which, as I recall, results in a no lynch in this insan-o-game o' banana-terror.

Vote: Overbored

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 am UTC

You know what...this is going to be hard to explain. Or maybe it will be obvious if it works. I'm not a jester, I swear.

Vote: Cynical Idealist (for lurking like hell)
1)The tone of voice
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:00 am UTC

Oh right, forgot the color.
Vote: Cynical Idealist
1)The tone of voice

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:47 am UTC

A pathetic day for the town people decided to lynch Overbored. On his person they found "A Guide to Time Traveling for Dummies" and a "I Hate Paradoxes" leaflet probably from a rally meeting. No wonder he wasn't bored, he was in an alternate reality and hunting down the creators of this chaos. A lot of work for one man!

Overbored has been lynched. He was the Paradox Police, Scum.

It is now Night 2.
Night 2 will end Friday night approx 9pm EST.

OverBored

Re: Whackabanana: Night 2.2 - Paradox Police

Postby OverBored » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:49 am UTC

Aww...Worst hour ever
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

The Moo Prophet

Re: Whackabanana: Night 2.2 - Paradox Police

Postby The Moo Prophet » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:03 pm UTC

It's only been 2.5 days, it feels like it's been a week. I am SO not sleepy any more.

Sungura

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Sungura » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm UTC

It is now day.

Also you guys, I am calling this game DEAD. I got very few night actions, yesterday ended with a 2:1 vote after little to no discussion even though fun funky stuff happened. I got complaining that it is closed, then I said I would make it open to make ya'all happy and then ya'all were all no you like it closed it's fine.

I can't even get a replacement for Cycoden or the other inactives.

It is clear no one really wants to play. I'm out of town June 10-18th anyway.

Therefore, I declare this game OVER AND DEAD.

You have until Sunday night to convince me not to CLOSE THIS GAME. Otherwise, SUNDAY NIGHT I AM POSTING THE ROLE LIST AND ACTION SPREEDSHEET AND THIS GAME WILL BE OVER.

There were no night kills. J'o'J and Azrael have to post today again they are warped back and they are legit lynch candidates.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:00 pm UTC

Hey I'm back. That was fun. I have to say, I think that Felltir's banana actions paint him in an interesting light. More later. (Also the timing of the day start is bad (I'm going to be gone from this evening 'til Sunday evening.)

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

First of all I want to state that I am a member of the time-traveling guild. Secondly, Azrael has absolutely no affiliation with us, we consider him to be some sort of ability copy-cat, therefore we find him highly suspicious.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:First of all I want to state that I am a member of the time-traveling guild. Secondly, Azrael has absolutely no affiliation with us, we consider him to be some sort of ability copy-cat, therefore we find him highly suspicious.

This needs some more thorough explanation. Why do you find him suspicious? What were the mechanics/purpose behind teleporting him away if he was just gonna come back the next day? Or, are you saying that Azrael was able to copycat his way into time travelling when you attempted to travel to avoid your lynch, JoJ?

If that is the case, it indeed does not paint Azrael in a very positive light.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

I am the time travelling vig (one shot), and I have no affiliation with the "guild". I didn't even know of it's existence, which to me paints the whole group in a disturbing light, though, that they've got a cop is interesting...

I did kill Brook, he was acting really weird in his blatant 'follow Az001' playing. I've used my kill, and escaped death by default, so I've got no other powers. That's all for now.

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 pm UTC

Also this thread doesn't seem to be in my ego search for some reason. I don't know why.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:27 pm UTC

willwithskills wrote:Or, are you saying that Azrael was able to copycat his way into time travelling when you attempted to travel to avoid your lynch, JoJ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:29 pm UTC

Yeah, no. It just happened to be the case that you were targeting two time travellers. (I'd actually forgotten that I could time travel, and immediately after I sent my kill for Brook in, J'o'J disappeared. I thought that Brook had redirected my kill, and thus killed me (indirectly). This was not the case.)

Cynical Idealist

Postby Cynical Idealist » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I am the time travelling vig (one shot), and I have no affiliation with the "guild".

Interesting claim. I'm not sure that I completely believe it.
1)The tone of voice

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:15 pm UTC

At least one of you two is lying. OverBored was trying very hard to keep one of you alive, and OverBored was scum. I seriously doubt that was a coincidence, as it's really the only thing that lead me to OverBored in the first place.

I'm assuming, first, that guild and scum are different. I think this is a pretty safe assumption, because we've had members of both killed, and they appeared differently. So given that guild and scum are separate alignments, I'm assuming JoJ is telling the truth about the time traveling. If not, then Dr Ug will be able to tell us, and JoJ is obviously lying.

So that leaves Az. I think Az is lying, or, more precisely, not telling the whole truth. I think Az is scum. Everything he said about being a time-traveling one-shot vig can be true and he can still be aligned with the scum. That said, I see no reason to believe he is telling the truth about being a time-traveling one-shot vig in the first place. Anyway, all of this really just confirms my previous suspicions.

vote: Azrael001

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 pm UTC

Votals:
1 - Az (bio)

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:10 pm UTC

Well, no NK is good. I'm pretty happy with how things are right now, but people really need to post more!

This, on top of the reasons I had D1, mean that I will

Vote: Az
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

Vote: Azrael

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Ok, so I see what looks like a TimeTraveler guild bandwagon (a faction which has an as-yet unknown win condition) on someone who claimed to be a time traveling vigilante. Vigilante being the town-aligned version of a SK. I'm not saying I believe AZ, but I am in no way convinced the guild is on our side either. So far they have done nothing but protect their own members, and kill a cop (albeit by accident) then bring him back to life. Although, now that I think about it, they also brought a town-aligned ghost buster back to life, although that death happened after Ug's so it had to be undone to undo the first. For reference, I am assuming felltir is a time traveler because he said "Let's see if I can fix things, somehow." 5 minutes before the rewind.

B.i.o does draw a good link between Az and OB though. I dunno I'll give things another look-see before I decide.

And all of you people not doing anything, you all deserve to be smote for upsetting our almighty mod.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm UTC

My apologies, there actually was a kill last night and somehow I missed it. Felltir is dead. He was in the Time Traveler's Guild, a one-shot Rollblocker.

Now for unrelated news....
Silknor wrote:Ham. Oh Heauen!
Gho. Reuenge his foule and most vnnaturall Murther.
Ham. Murther?
Ghost. Murther most foule, as in the best it is;
But this most foule, strange, and vnnaturall.

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 pm UTC

Votals:
2 - Az (bio, JoJ)

16 players, 9 to lynch

Gojoe is replacing Cycoden.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 pm UTC

Yo. I do not know my role, and am not going to read the last 11 pages because apparently nothing has happened.

Someone want to give me a real quick Previously on Whackabanana?
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:17 pm UTC

Here goes.

I was gonna give a witty review of everything but here, try this instead.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=60069&sk=a&start=344
Also, everyone is suspicious. Don't eat the bananas. Who knows what's going to happen next?
Steals someone's fruit and gives it to GoJoe

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:34 pm UTC

*eats bananas*
You don't control me!
That looks like lots of reading. I am not reading all of whatever you just linked me. So instead I will pretend that I did. Then not.

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 pm UTC

It is just a collection of Sungura's posts, but ok, I'll be the PA system.

Day 1:
Jar'o'Jam and Azrael001 almost got lynched.
JoJ disappeared in a flash of light.
BrookLynXMan was poisoned.
AZ disappeared in a flash of light.
Roadie Rich was lynched, he was the Scum Godfather Nega-Voter.

Day 2:
Lots of insanity with bananas.
Silknor got a banana and ate it.
Silknor Fueled up with potassium.
Felltir stumbled on a banana.
Vieto was given a Gros Michel since we are out of bananas
Vieto became Extremely sweet.
Mega got a plantain.
AMereTrifle got a plantain.
CynicalIdealist got a Gros Michel.
I smashed all the bananas and fruit and what not. the store is out now.
Feltir discovers iocane in his banana.

Dr Ug was killed by a banana boomerang that landed where Vieto had been standing. He was the Dethy Cop and a member of the TTG

Silknor got 2 mod cookies. He force ged a chocolate cookie to CI who started glowing chocolate.
AMT uses her banana to remove Mega's ability to vote for the day.
Felltir uses the poisoned banana to kill AMT, who is the Towny Ghost Buster

Time is rewound back to before AMT and Ug died. Mind blowing.
Overbored is lynched he was the scum Paradox Cop.

Day 3 starts.

We are in day 3 now, you can at least read that much.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm UTC

Thanks for that. I am catching up now.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:14 am UTC

I confirm J'o'J is one of us. i.e. a time traveller. I also confirm that Az iz not.

I like the reasoning that Overbored was trying to protect one of Az/J'o'J, and given his role (pretty much anti-time traveller scum), I don't think it is likely he was trying to protect J'o'J.

I will be voting Az later in the day, but a few hours into Day 3.2 is not a good time to be starting a wagon.

Also,

Oh Mod,
Oooh, you are so big
So absolutely huge
Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you.
Forgive us, Oh Mod, for this our dreadful toadying (and barefaced flattery)
But you are so strong and, well, just so super (Fantastic)
Amen
Where did my old signature go? :(

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:24 am UTC

The Outspoken Lie Detector indicates that what Dr Ug meant to say is, "The Time Traveler's guild is a independent group, and wins when they control the votes. I will not be revealing any of my guild-buddies at present."

The Moo Prophet

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 am UTC

Haha, awesome. Presumably that was a lie detector on this post (took a little hunting). I hope that wasn't one shot, that is great. I am really inclined to believe it too, with the role name and everything. It also lends a little credence to Azrael's claim, seems to make sense that there would be a town-aligned time traveler to oppose the independent ones. What do ya'll think?

b.i.o

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I will be voting Az later in the day, but a few hours into Day 3.2 is not a good time to be starting a wagon.

Truth. My vote stays where it is, but just saying "I agree with bio" and voting is not an OK thing to do this far into the game.

I want to hear especially from:
Bulvox: Has said basically nothing. Voted yesterday on what I think was an awful reason.
Vieto: Not sure what to think of the boomerang. Could have been a set-up, I guess. Doesn't mean he's anti-town if it wasn't. But I haven't heard enough.
Mega: I'm coming around to TMP's view. Mega's posts D2 were very short, and there was no commitment/voting. She jumped safely on the RR bandwagon D1. Also, D2, she received a banana and we don't know what happened with it.
Vox: Nothing since the beginning of D2. Really need to hear more. Maybe a mod-prod is in order?
willwithskills: I feel like he's been talking a fair amount, but saying very little. Lots of question-asking, few opinions offered.

I'm rather worried about the possibility of another anti-town faction. We've done pretty well against the scum, and we took out a cult leader D1, and we're not sure how the time travelers are aligned, but I can't shake the feeling that something else is happening in the background here that we need to be aware of. Either the one cult had two original members, or the time travelers aren't town aligned, or we have another cult, or another scum group, or something. I'd guess we don't have another scum group, since I think dead people'd probably be labeled as part of one or the other, rather than just 'scum'. I'd guess the time travelers aren't town (since Dr Ug wasn't labeled town when he died), but I don't get the impression yet that they're anti-town either. So that leaves us with a possible cult still around, I think. If it exists, I suspect we'll find it in the people who have been a bit too quiet.

*edit* AND I'VE BEEN NINJA'D
So yeah, basically right about the TTG. Need a little bit to think about what that means.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:59 am UTC

Not much to say, other than that I don't believe that Az is scum, though I am sorry for the loss of Felltir. Vox might be suspicious, but not really sure. Just to let you know, I have been keeping up with this thread, just not a lot to say at the moment.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Return to “Mafia”