Whackabanana: The Mod is Dead. Long live Militant Atheists

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:18 am UTC

Bulvox wrote:Not much to say, other than that I don't believe that Az is scum, though I am sorry for the loss of Felltir. Vox might be suspicious, but not really sure. Just to let you know, I have been keeping up with this thread, just not a lot to say at the moment.

Can you provide...you know...reasons!? For anything!?

I have what I think is a pretty damned good argument against Az, even now that we know we can't trust JoJ/the time travelers. You brushing it off without even an attempt at an explanation is supremely unhelpful. :|

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:21 am UTC

I do not trust any of that shit. Az is where it is at yo!
Dr Ug is a time traveling cultist!
Vote: Dr Ug
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Azrael001
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 am UTC
Location: The Land of Make Believe.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Azrael001 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:10 am UTC

Quick everyone! Lets split the vote between me and JoJ, then we can repeat day one, with all of the tension, and none of the disappearing.

Now that we know that the guild is independent, I have no problem doing the following:

Vote: Dr Ug

I think that it's likely that he'll jump forward like JoJ and I did if a wagon forms on him, but then we can always still get JoJ (who presumably can no longer jump).

(I'm not really here. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)
23111

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:13 am UTC

Well, if Ug is a deathy cop as he claims (and as was revealed by his death flavor) then we are better off lynching JoJ who may have powers yet to be used. We can lynch Ug tomorrow or maybe someone with a night kill can take him out.

Vote: Jar'O'Jam

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:15 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Quick everyone! Lets split the vote between me and JoJ, then we can repeat day one, with all of the tension, and none of the disappearing.

Now that we know that the guild is independent, I have no problem doing the following:

Vote: Dr Ug

I think that it's likely that he'll jump forward like JoJ and I did if a wagon forms on him, but then we can always still get JoJ (who presumably can no longer jump).

(I'm not really here. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)
That would let me relive a day I didn't see! Boy does this seem like a plan that could never ever go wrong!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:43 am UTC

Gojoe, do you have any evidence to suggest the guild recruits/is a cult? I may have missed something, I've seen none.

If you can provide actual evidence, I'll change my vote, because cult is first priority. But unless you can, my vote stays where it is. On Az, who's scum.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:52 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:Gojoe, do you have any evidence to suggest the guild recruits/is a cult? I may have missed something, I've seen none.

If you can provide actual evidence, I'll change my vote, because cult is first priority. But unless you can, my vote stays where it is. On Az, who's scum.


Excellent question, b.i.o, I can't find anything in the flavor or a quick look over confirmed/admitted TTG's posts that indicates they can recruit. There was only one recruit night 1, and we know there is one cult called a cult. Of course their cult leader was dead day one, so if they can recruit without the leader, it was them. If they can't recruit without a leader, then we either have a second cult or the TTG can recruit. Then again there was no indication of a recruitment over night at the start of day 3 (no flavor at all) so I guess whoever recruited night 1 is somehow limited.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:06 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:Gojoe, do you have any evidence to suggest the guild recruits/is a cult? I may have missed something, I've seen none.

If you can provide actual evidence, I'll change my vote, because cult is first priority. But unless you can, my vote stays where it is. On Az, who's scum.
I said cult because isn't that the term? I mean a non town non mafia group of independents? Isn't that how you define a cult? Cults also do not have to be recruiting...

I could be wrong. It has been a while since I have played.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby willwithskills » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:18 am UTC

Woah woah woah there everybody. Let's all calm down here for a second. Things are happening too fast.

First of all, I think lynching any members of the time traveling guild is a BAD idea. I know they are independent, but for now they are on our side. Why? Because they don't want the mafia to win as much as we do, and they know the mafia is a bigger threat to them because the mafia has a kill. This means it would be ideal for the TTG to take out the mafia before they start getting picked off, because we know who most of the TTG are. Seriously, I think we should work together for now.

Of course, if the TTG can actually recruit we should be lynching them with wild abandon, but I don't actually believe that they have a recruit. It wouldn't make too much sense flavor wise. Would a recruit be trained to time travel? Wouldn't that be overpowered? Why would the guild recruit someone without traveling powers? Of course, the fact that their win condition is to control a majority of the votes indicates a cult, but the mafia has the same objective without having a recruit.

Lastly, I believe Az at the moment. As someone pointed out, if the TTG is independent then it would make sense for the town to have travelers also.

So, in summary, I don't want to lynch anyone in the TTG (unless they actually do have a recruit), or Az, and I think we should focus on finding mafia.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:25 am UTC

FoS: Azrael001

Seriously, what do you expect me to do? I don't trust this guy and that's been obvious from the start. I'm torn between voting for him and J'o'J, though. I KNEW there was something scummy going on with the time travelers guild!

Also, WWS, the time traveler's guild is a threat that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. The mafia is not so obvious (not from what I've seen at least; anyone seen anything suspicious?). I think we should stick to the obvious first and then go for the mafia when we've figured this out.

You have to peel the banana before you eat it.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:32 am UTC

ALSO. Um, if the town has time travelers, the mafia probably does, too!

You know what, fuck it, I'm just going to act on my suspicion.

Vote: Azrael001

To be specific, I suspect Azrael001 is a scum time traveler.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Bulvox
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Bulvox » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:34 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:
Bulvox wrote:Not much to say, other than that I don't believe that Az is scum, though I am sorry for the loss of Felltir. Vox might be suspicious, but not really sure. Just to let you know, I have been keeping up with this thread, just not a lot to say at the moment.

Can you provide...you know...reasons!? For anything!?

I have what I think is a pretty damned good argument against Az, even now that we know we can't trust JoJ/the time travelers. You brushing it off without even an attempt at an explanation is supremely unhelpful. :|
No reason, I just feel that way, and while you do have a good argument, it just doesn't sit well with me for some unfathomable reason.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:36 am UTC

Is it 'cause you're scum on the same team as Az?
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby phlip » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 am UTC

As nice as it would be to avoid essentially repeating all the bandwagons of day 1... I still suspect Az for the same reasons now as I did then, and I haven't seen anything to alleviate that.

Plus... his claim doesn't sit right with me. All the time travellers we've seen so far have only had one power... Jar'O'Jam disappeared from the game or jumped forward in time or something, Dr Ug is a cop (claimed to be of questionable sanity), Felltir was a roleblocker. Well, to be fair, we don't know for sure J'o'J doesn't have further abilities, but we're sure on the other two. But Az claims to have the jump forward in time thing, and a kill? The idea that he's got a role-copy ability seems to fit better, both with that, and the fact that he did his thing very shortly after J'o'J did.

So that, on top of all the stuff from Day 1, adds up to:
Vote: Azrael001

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.
Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm UTC
Location: Back in't home town. Never at home.
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby felltir » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 am UTC

BALLS

Ah well, I did some good things.

*ERK*
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.


Blog

he/him/his

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Sungura » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:55 am UTC

Votals:
4 - Az (bio, JoJ, Mega, Phlip)
2 - Ug (Gojoe, Azrael)
1 - JoJ (TMP)

15 players, 8 to lynch
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:25 pm UTC

b.i.o Mega and Philip are now at the top of my list for members of TTG. I mean...really? You are going to argue against the lynch of confirmed scum?

b.i.o: We have no idea how dangerous they are.
I have what I think is a pretty damned good argument against Az, even now that we know we can't trust JoJ/the time travelers.

We have two confirmed scum right in our midst and you say we have a pretty good case against a claimed town power role. You make the list.

Mega: You are obsessed with lynching Azrael. I get that. But I have been suspicious of you all game, and the suggestion that the scum must have a time traveler is ridiculous in the face of the fact that the scum had a paradox-busting time police or whatever, which in ancient games I believe was required to kill all the time travelers. You make the list.

Philip: For looking just as desperate to play down the danger of the time travelers. How do you know they only have one power each? Why is it so ridiculous for a 'time traveling vigilante' to have a one shot time travel and kill? And if he is a copy cat is he somehow allowed to copy more than one person a day?


We need to kill confirmed anti-townies first, then we can work on the suspicious people; Azrael001, Megatriorchis, and now as far as I am concerned, b.i.o and philip.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7572
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby phlip » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:16 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:How do you know they only have one power each? Why is it so ridiculous for a 'time traveling vigilante' to have a one shot time travel and kill?

Not ridiculous, just... inconsistent. I find it easier to believe that, like the ones that have been confirmed, the other time travellers only have one power each, and Az is lying, than that some are more powerful than others, and we've only seen the weaker ones by chance. I mean, I know I'm still knew at this, but is that really that common?

The Moo Prophet wrote:And if he is a copy cat is he somehow allowed to copy more than one person a day?

I'm not convinced Az killed BXM at all. Our only evidence is Az's say-so, which I'm far from tempted to believe, and the synchronicity of the events themselves. At the moment, I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was him after all, but I also wouldn't be surprised to learn it wasn't (and the real killer either wants to remain hidden rather than counter-claiming, or is one of the many lurkers and just hasn't posted since the claim).

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

Well if they only had their listed powers (dethy cop, role blocker, whatever-joj-does) then what would make them time travelers? I find it more likely that each has a role, and by virtue of the fact that they are in the guild/time travelers, a time-altering ability. Also, what kind of sense does it make for a TTG/any independent group to have a dethy cop? That says 'Townie with an extra win condition' to me. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the TTG has recruiting powers after all.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:b.i.o Mega and Philip are now at the top of my list for members of TTG. I mean...really? You are going to argue against the lynch of confirmed scum?

Do I think they should be lynched? Absolutely. But unless they're recruiting, I don't see a particularly good reason as to why we should lynch them now. Lynching confirmed scum gains us very little information, and we're still only on D3. If they're recruiting, then yes, we should lynch them. If not,

b.i.o: We have no idea how dangerous they are.

I think we can actually make a pretty good estimate. We've seen at least two of their powers (JoJ going forward in time, rolling back time for everyone) and we know that Dr Ug is not particularly dangerous (he's a confirmed-by-mod dethy cop). The only way I see them as an immediate threat is if, as I said before, they are also a recruiting faction.

What we have no idea about is how dangerous everybody else is.

We have two confirmed scum right in our midst and you say we have a pretty good case against a claimed town power role.

Oh, he's claimed town power. Clearly this means I should believe him now.

Bullshit. He claimed because he was forced to claim. Of course he's going to claim town. (And in this game, the 'power' bit is pretty obvious.) We do have a pretty good case against him. You're refusing to even acknowledge or comment on it, preferring instead a hasty lynch on people whose alignment is already confirmed.

You make the list.

I have. Right now, it contains you, Bulvox, and Gojoe for reasons that I think are abundantly obvious.

the suggestion that the scum must have a time traveler is ridiculous in the face of the fact that the scum had a paradox-busting time police or whatever, which in ancient games I believe was required to kill all the time travelers.

I know you're responding to Mega here, who made the same assumption, but you're assuming that Az is telling the truth about being a time traveler.

Philip

I generally agree with your analysis. If I find evidence that the TTG is recruiting, I'll vote phlip, not the people we have confirmed. As I said earlier, I think lynching people whose alignments are confirmed is a waste at this point.

We need to kill confirmed anti-townies first, then we can work on the suspicious people; Azrael001, Megatriorchis, and now as far as I am concerned, b.i.o and philip.

Why is willwithskills not on this list? He's advocating not lynching TTG today too, which is your stated reason for including phlip/me.

willwithskills wrote:As someone pointed out, if the TTG is independent then it would make sense for the town to have travelers also.

No it doesn't. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that this is the case. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that the factions are balanced by role type.



-------
At this point, I went back and did some looking back. This is really two different posts, just combined.
-------




As I said yesterday, I think there's still some sort of anti-town faction around. At that point, I wasn't sure if it was the guild. Now I'm pretty sure. And I'm also pretty sure they're recruiting. Partly for the reasons I explain below, but also partially because that just matches my general impression of this game, which is telling me that 5-6 of the remaining 15 players are anti-town. A recruiting guild puts us right about there.

Dethy cop/roleblocker aren't time-themed roles, and I think they would be if they had started as TTG. I expect JoJ's role is time-themed. I also expect that one of the following is true, in light of the whole game going back in time yesterday: there are guild-wide powers (unlikely, if they can also recruit, I think, although that was a fairly powerful thing for one person to be able to control), JoJ can use abilities while time traveling (maybe?), or there's another original member of the TTG who controlled the time traveling. I consider the last the most likely. I'm guessing that there weren't more than two original members of a recruiting faction, because I'd generally consider that overpowered, but in this game I'm making no assumptions.

There was no mention of recruiting in the flavor for today, but then there wasn't really any flavor, so I'm inclined to believe the worst-case scenario that the TTG did recruit last night.

All of this means 4-5 members of the TTG. 2-3 to start, plus two recruits, so 3-4 alive now. My top suspects are phlip and willwithskills. Phlip for the reasons TMP has outlined, and willwithskills for similar reasons, plus I've found him scummy all game.

Given that a 4 person cult leaves us at potential LyLo tomorrow, I'm changing my vote. (15 players left, 13/5 cult tomorrow, 11/6 cult the day after)
unvote: Az
vote: phlip


You'll notice that I'm not changing my vote to one of the confirmed guild members. That's because lynching a confirmed cultist buys us absolutely nothing at this point. The cult will have the same number of people tomorrow, we'll have fewer, and we'll really have no more information than we do now.

User avatar
Cynical Idealist
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Cynical Idealist » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:21 pm UTC

What the fuck, bio? We SHOULDN'T lynch confirmed non-town people, especially if they're in a cult?

Tell you what, I'll go along with you and avoid voting for cfonfirmed members of the TTG. Instead:
Vote: b.i.o
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 pm UTC

Cynical Idealist wrote:What the fuck, bio? We SHOULDN'T lynch confirmed non-town people, especially if they're in a cult?

What does lynching confirmed scum buy us in terms of information? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The town wins by accumulating information. What would we gain from bandwagoning known scum? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. No discussion, no information.

Would it have been a lot easier for me to do that? To take the safe, careful route? Of course. But I didn't, because that's EXACTLY how you lose as town.


It is NOT LyLo. We are NOT forced into a corner. We need to be focused on getting information, not on acting on the information we already have.

If we lynch known cult today, then tomorrow there will be one fewer cultist we know about, and one more we have absolutely no clues about.

If we lynch suspected cult today and hit cult we'll have traded one cultist we didn't know about for another AND we get in some good discussion. If we miss, then yeah, we're worse off, but at least we'll have had an actual discussion.

Stop taking the easy, obvious path. That gets us NOWHERE. Bandwagons are USELESS.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Cynical Idealist wrote:Tell you what, I'll go along with you and avoid voting for cfonfirmed members of the TTG. Instead:
Vote: b.i.o

I'd rather you did this than vote for one of JoJ/Dr Ug. At least if I get lynched you'll have learned something.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:54 pm UTC

My vote stands. You have not swayed me. I agree that you are helping the town, and are not acting scummy b.i.o (so I do not think you should un-vote Cynical Idealist). But if the cult is physically larger than the mafia, then it will become lylo faster than we expect. So keeping their size in check is not a bad thing...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:05 pm UTC

Actually, b.i.o makes a valid point here. If we have them confirmed as anti-town then we have all the information we need about them. They will probably not say much any more, and what they do say we can take with a side of wine. The fact is that I have been leaning town on b.i.o until this episode with the TTG, despite my distaste for his voting earlier in the game. I missed WWS, b.i.o, I formed my list based on people who were voting for folks other than those confirmed as TTG, and didn't do a full re-read to see who was against lynching them.

Since I like the point you made about gaining information, I am going to unvote JoJ, but I am going to vote Mega because I am still of the opinion that she has been scummier than Philip.

unvote: JoJ
Vote: Mega

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:09 pm UTC

The Moo Prophet wrote:Actually, b.i.o makes a valid point here. If we have them confirmed as anti-town then we have all the information we need about them. They will probably not say much any more, and what they do say we can take with a side of wine. The fact is that I have been leaning town on b.i.o until this episode with the TTG, despite my distaste for his voting earlier in the game. I missed WWS, b.i.o, I formed my list based on people who were voting for folks other than those confirmed as TTG, and didn't do a full re-read to see who was against lynching them.

Since I like the point you made about gaining information, I am going to unvote JoJ, but I am going to vote Mega because I am still of the opinion that she has been scummier than Philip.

unvote: JoJ
Vote: Mega
Always remember. When in doubt, vote Mega, she is always scum.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 pm UTC

We have been over this, GJ.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 pm UTC

How am I scummier than phlip? How is phlip scummy at all? Am I missing something?
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Megatriorchis wrote:How am I scummier than phlip? How is phlip scummy at all? Am I missing something?
Hooray for using ancient avatars!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

Megatriorchis
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:41 am UTC
Location: Hothlanta

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Megatriorchis » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

I haven't even said much today! I've been suspicious of Az from the start*, and I have good reason to be. He's a time traveler, and he killed someone. Uh...I don't know what you all think, but I think that may have confirmed my suspicion. How do we know he's not lying about his role?

And I know the time travelers are a threat, but I'm gonna go with my original suspicions on this one and keep my vote.

Also, the banana thing. I guess not telling y'all how I used my banana makes my suspicious? I dunno. Here goes, anyway. I had three banana slices at the start. I used the first slice on Dr Ug and it killed him, which I didn't know it would do. I was really just testing it out and hoping it would do something good. The second slice, which I also used on a whim, added something to my role. It didn't change it, but I don't want to get into the details because that would be claiming. It didn't change my alignment though, so I'm still town. Anyway, I don't get to know what my slice(s) will do. They' are (or were) named Slice 1, Slice 2, and Slice 3. I have one slice left and I don't know if/when I'll use it because I don't know if it will do something good or bad and I don't know if I want to risk it.

So uh...yeah. I guess going after Azrael001 specifically might be kind of suspicious, but he's been on my radar since the beginning, especially since he claimed to kill a guy. TMP, it really looks like you're just "analyzing" people who vote for Az to throw suspicion on them. Are you teamed up with him or something? Why are you so against the way I'm voting, which in my mind is pretty valid?

WIFOMIFOYIFOM.

And just so you know, I haven't liked the time travelers from the start. Especially after J'o'J and Az warped to the future to avoid being lynched. Although back then, I thought Az was part of their group. I might change my vote if Az somehow proves he's town-aligned, but I'm not inclined to believe that at the moment considering how he did that bullshit vote on Day 1 and then warped to the future and he said he killed that guy before he warped. That kind of thing screams "SCUUUM!!!!11!!1!" to me.

*Really, it seems like he catches my suspicion in every game we're in together. But this time IT'S FOR REAL.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 pm UTC

I want to eat a banana! Feed me a banana!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Sungura » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:24 am UTC

Votals:
4 - Az (JoJ, Mega, Phlip)
2 - Ug (Gojoe, Azrael)
1- Phlip (bio)
1 - bio (CI)
1 - Mega (TMP)

15 players, 8 to lynch

And yay old avatars!!!
/me goes to find an old cophat one
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
The Moo Prophet
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 am UTC
Location: North Carolina (the good part)

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby The Moo Prophet » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:30 am UTC

Mega, I 'analyzed' people who were voting for folks not in the TTG, who are confirmed scum, and now suspected to be recruiting scum by some players. My initial reaction to b.i.o's argument that lynching confirmed bad guys doesn't give us any new information was to move my vote to someone I find suspicious. Now I've thought about it, and I am torn. I realize that if the TTG can recruit, then we need to stem their numbers somehow. It would be easy to lynch their members while we try and find out who else is among them but b.i.o is right that doing that, they will have the same number of people tomorrow as they did today and we have gained no ground.

I still find you fishy, Mega, but I believe philip more likely to be TTG than you are, and they are a serious threat if they can recruit. As I said, he has been playing down the power of the guild members and that doesn't sit right with me. JoJ and Ug will die in good time.

Unvote: Jar'O'Jam
Vote: Philip

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:40 am UTC

Can someone fill me in as to why phlip is a baddie?

(also, Amy, I do not have my role still. )
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby b.i.o » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 pm UTC

These people need to post more:

5. Bulvox
9. ameretrifle
16. Vox Imperatoris
17. Vieto
19. Mr pete
20. willwithskills

Bulvox, we need some kind of reasoning or something from you. You've been here the entire game and have posted less content than Gojoe, who just got here, doesn't even appear to have his role yet, and is goofing around. It's quite honestly ridiculous.

willwithskills, you need to make up your mind and do something. You can't hold of deciding on or doing anything for the entire game. You don't think we should lynch TTG or Az? Then who should we lynch? There are plenty of arguments you could be making. Make one. Take a risk.

Can we get mod-prods or something for AMT, Vox, Vieto, and Mr. Pete? They haven't posted since the day started, and some of them weren't really here for most of D2 either.


My reasons for voting for phlip...well, I've thought he's been rather scummy all game, I just haven't had any real concrete reasons. More of a general feeling of him not taking sides and not posting too much of his own opinion. Then, on the Az-wagon, third or fourth is exactly where I'd expect new scum to fall, and TTG has the motivation to be voting for Az. It's just really a lot of little things adding up to a pretty standard new-player-playing-scum archetype. He's doing a pretty good job with it, and if not for the need to lynch TTG today, he'd probably be third or fourth on my list of people to lynch, but given that vote, and given that I think he's the most likely TTG out of all of the people who I think are scummy, I'm voting.

I really am quite torn though. I'm almost completely certain Az is scum, and I want him dead as soon as possible. I also think willwithskills' play is quite scummy, and I'd also really like to vote for him. I just think he's less likely to be TTG. Mega...well, I am getting pings from Mega, it's just that they're quite subtle and I expect them to be there. So I'm not really sure what to think there.

User avatar
Mr Pete
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Mr Pete » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:06 pm UTC

Quick post:

TTG confirmed non town.

JoJ, Dr Ug confirmed TTG, confirmed non town
Az not TTG, possible non town

bio and TMP moved the vote to scum from me with no need, therefore not scum, probably not TTG as that would mean they have 5 members on day 3.

Having 2 cults, one starting with 3 members and a scum group seems unlikely (stacked odds much) but this is a crazy game so who knows.

Wondering what our ghostly companion is up to.

I would vote joj or dr ug but one kill last night (and it certainly wasn't them), but voting phlip seems reasonable (scum vibe and arguments for doing so).

Vote: Phlip

User avatar
willwithskills
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:21 am UTC
Location: Cairo, Egypt

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby willwithskills » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:42 pm UTC

Okay, plenty of new information has come out, and it's time to make a decision.

After all the arguments made, I am now waaaay more in favor of a TTG lynch. We have killed 2 scum, and a cult leader, so it seems the worst there could be is one, maybe two surviving scum and maybe some cultists, hopefully without recruiting powers. After considering all that, it is quite clear that the TTG is the most dangerous group in the game right now, and there is absolutely no getting around that. The most important thing that we NEED to know if the town is to win is if the TTG can recruit or not, and there is only one way to figure that out, as b.i.o mentioned. We need a lynch of a TTG player who has been recruited, and hopefully we'd be able to ascertain if it was a recruit that got them into the TTG. We know JoJ and Ug are TTG, so we can hold off on them until it's LYLO or there is no other possible choice. As has been said, the best option for this is phlip, so it is self explanatory that I will

Vote: Phlip

Also, as said before, I still don't believe Az is that scummy, I at least find his claim somewhat reasonable. It is possible that he or Mega could be the final actual scum, in fact it is most likely one or the other. However, we can focus on that once the TTG becomes less of a threat.

Finally, one weird thing I noticed in the votals:
4 - Az (JoJ, Mega, Phlip)
That's three people. Some sort of voting shenanigans going on here, or a simple miscount by the mod? That should be investigated.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

Bulvox is still around! And he is playing! Bulvox, get your ass in here and make some chaos like you used to.

Also, I have my role now.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Sungura » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 am UTC

Votals:
4- Phlip (bio, TMP, pete, will)
3 - Az (JoJ, Mega, Phlip)
2 - Ug (Gojoe, Azrael)
1 - bio (CI)

15 players, 8 to lynch

(3 votes vs 4 was mod error | people have been prodded)
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Whackabanana: Day 3.2 - Lazy Players Annoy This Mod

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 am UTC

Well... Not sure what that post about my having lied about is, but I suspect someone is able to post modflavour. Hrm.

I point to the fact that my death flavour did not say I am scum, and yet overboreds did. I am not town, I am a member of a town-aligned faction. I don't believe Az's claim of being town-aligned, therefore:

Vote: Az
Where did my old signature go? :(


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mpolo and 11 guests