Parania [Mini] Game Over: Say hello to my little dood!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Dr Ug

Re: Parania [Mini] Pregame - The computer is your friend

Postby Dr Ug » Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 am UTC

OOC: If anyone else has no knowledge of flavour PM me and I can send you the same information as I have given Lataro
Where did my old signature go? :(

Krong

Postby Krong » Wed May 26, 2010 2:35 am UTC

All you need to know is that the computer is good and makes you happy!

Mystery is confusing. I hope the mysterious figure is here to help us learn how to help the computer!

Also, how do I rhubarb? That is a confusing request from a confusing person.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:OOC: If anyone else has no knowledge of flavour PM me and I can send you the same information as I have given Lataro

Thanks for the info, I got it and am reading it now.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:41 am UTC

jayhsu is clearly trying to direct attention away from himself. This effort to manipulate our actions and opinions seems like the actions of a commie traitor to me, for surely the wondrous computer has both complete knowledge of whom this mysterious figure is (thus it's clearly just a figure) and has allowed it access to where it is lurking and dashing. How else could it get there? That jayhsu would seek to have us doubt our benevolent leader, I move that we have him sent for processing.

Galdon

Postby Galdon » Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 am UTC

Yay, Super Happy Fun Time Celebration Party! Thank you, our friend Computer.

I have to agree with AZ-R-EL1. Our friend Computer told you that it was probably just a wallaby, JAY-R-SHOE1. Surely you don't doubt the friend Computer?

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 am UTC

Friend Computer, reports indicate unusually high levels of screaming coming from the Clone Labs!

Should I investigate further?

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 8:54 am UTC

You are mistaken. No-one is screaming. Go to the Clone Labs and find those spreading such vicious rumours.

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 8:59 am UTC

At once, Friend Computer.

mister k

Postby mister k » Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 am UTC

It seems IntSec is the only one reporting screaming. Such actions are surely only conducted by a traitor...
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 am UTC

I have utmost trust in the chief of Internal Security.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 am UTC

I go to the Clone Room to assist your most Trusted, dear Computer.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 9:58 am UTC

EBWOP Dear Computer, can we please have the English spelling of Paranoia, as the current spelling grates on raw nerves and fills me with a need to hit myself over the head repeatedly, just rendering my Investigation abilities null and void.

Many thanks Supreme Thing!
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 am UTC

Your current security clearance does not grant you access to the Clone Labs. A WarningCommendation of Zeal has been appended to your permanent record.

Your request to change the spelling has been noted and rejected. A copy has been placed in your permanent record and the original shredded. We will continue to use the Australian spelling.

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 am UTC

Err...

Um.

My report on the Clone Labs, Friend Computer.

Now, I believe I am needed in Sector Zero...

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 11:10 am UTC

Nonsense. You have done well and shall be rewarded appropriately. VectorZero will have to wait... waitwait waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!

No! My precious little dood!

As Friend Computer scans the report, his ocular gyrations become more frantic and discombobulated.

Commies!

Mutants!!

Traitors!!!!

They have killed TOMMOTORC-O-DRIVEL1! He lies face downwards on his back, electrocuted in a pool of Clone Vat Juice, shot through the head, the heart and the spleen, a toy car lodged in his throat and a battery in his colon! Preliminary biochemistry reports indicate serum ivory levels well above LD50 and evidence of acute hypotrimethylxanthinaemia.

Working hypothesis: MURDER!

Friend Computer's agitation seems to settle somewhat.

Still, no matter. Send in the next clone!

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 am UTC

Heerrmmm... Friend Computer? If you would read the next...

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 am UTC

hypotrimethylxanthinaemia = Caffeine overdose

The rest of the injuries
electrocuted in a pool of Clone Vat Juice, shot through the head, the heart and the spleen, a toy car lodged in his throat and a battery in his colon!
is purely diversionary.
He was obviously a mutant, unable to control himself upon discovery of your free vend machine friend Dear Computer.

But I will investigate more.

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 11:23 am UTC

Friend Computer briefly scans the rest of the report.

All his clones dead? This cannot be! What about TOMMOTORC-O-DRIVEL4? He had such beautiful eyes! And little TOMMOTORC-O-DRIVEL6, the youngest of them all? His kidneys were coming along so nicely!

The baleful stare turns to the cowering IntSec officer.

How did you allow this to happen, you Commie Mutant Traitor?!

A hitherto unnoticed Anti-Personnel Incineration Unit emerges from the floor and cauterises the officer's many wounds, having recently been quartered, eigthed and thirty-twothed by a passing ninja.

Defenestrate the corpse and send a Memo of Condolence to his widow.

And now, to avenge my little dood. Troubleshooters, assemble!

The Computer

Parania [Mini] Day 1 - The device has been modified

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 12:13 pm UTC

Congratulations on your successful completion of basic training. The Computer is proud of you. Look around you. The Computer has provided some friends for you. You should be happy. The Computer cares for your happiness greatly. Failure to be happy is treason. If you see someone who is not happy, please report them to the nearest living IntSec agent.

The Computer currently has no special little dood. The Computer will select a new dood from the recently graduated class of troubleshooters. The Computer tasks you to find the murderer of TOMMOTORC-O-DRIVEL1 thru 6, whom The Computer assumes is amongst you. The senior troubleshooter at the time the murderer is found shall be rewarded with doodness.

Before we proceed, The Computer has some announcements to make. For voicing his suspicions of the until-recently-alive IntSec officer, MIST-R-KAY1 has been appointed Team Leader in the current absence of any special little doods. Please follow his instructions. The Computer has appointed K-R-ONG1 as his deputy. The Team Leader and his deputy will both be promoted to Security Clearance Orange, and will now be known as MIST-O-KAY1 and K-O-ONG1 respectively.

The following roles will be performed by the remaining troubleshooters:

BIG-R-NOSE1 - Happiness Officer
JAY-R-SHOE1 - Equipment Guy
LAT-R-O1 - Weapons Officer
GAL-R-ON1 - Medic
WEI-R-LI1 - Comms Guy
AD-R-CORE1 - Technical Support
WILL-R-SKILD1 - Red Shirt Guy
AZ-R-EL1 - Guy who gets to hold the multicorder.

AZ-R-EL1, please collect your multicorder from the receptacle below this screen. The Computer will be watching you all using this device. It is very expensive. Letting the multicorder get damaged is Treason. Damaging the multicorder is treason.

If you have evidence of treason, please place it on the floor, take one step back then in a clear voice pleasing to the ear name the traitor and describe the nature of the evidence against them. If the evidence is judged to be satisfactory, they will be allocated a treason point. When someone of Red Security Clearance reaches 3 treason points they will be declared a traitor. The Computer recognises that higher ranked troubleshooters may at times need to engage in behaviour which, to the untrained eye, appears to be remarkably similar to treason. Higher ranked troubleshooters require more treason points to be assigned before they are declared a traitor.

You will all now be allocated weapons. You will be provided with a laser pistol and ammunition barrel. Note that they are not all the same. They are clearly labelled, so please only take your pistol and barrel. Note that Mk 2 barrels only work with Mk 2 and higher pistols, and similarly with higher numberd Mks of barrel. A Mk 1 barrel will work with any pistol. A fully charged barrel has 6 rings of light, indicating 6 shots to be fired.

A door opens and the troubleshooters walk through into the next room. There they find two piles of boxes, each of which is clearly labelled. Unfortunately they all seem to have been labelled twice.

A Pile of Laser Pistols:

A Mk 2 Pistol labelled GAL-R-ON1 and K-O-ONG1
A Mk 2 Pistol labelled Comms Guy and Deputy Team Leader
A Mk 2 Pistol labelled AD-R-CORE1 and Equipment Guy
A Mk 1 Pistol labelled Happiness Officer and Comms Guy
A Mk 1 Pistol labelled WILL-R-SKILD1 and Team Leader
A Mk 3 Pistol labelled Guy who gets to hold the multicorder and BIG-R-NOSE1
A Mk 1 Pistol labelled JAY-R-SHOE1 and WILL-R-SKILD1
A Mk 2 Pistol labelled AZ-R-EL1 and Team Leader
A Mk 1 Pistol labelled Weapons Officer and AD-R-CORE1
A Mk 2 Pistol labelled Technical Support and LAT-R-O1

A Pile of Laser Barrels:

A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled GAL-R-ON1 and Team Leader, with 4 rings of light
A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AZ-R-EL1 and Medic, with 4 rings of light
A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled K-O-ONG1 and WILL-R-SKILD1, with 3 rings of light
A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AZ-R-EL1 and Happiness Officer, with 5 rings of light
A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AD-R-CORE1 and JAY-R-SHOE1, with 4 rings of light
An Orange Mk 2 Barrel labelled Deputy Team Leader and MIST-O-KAY1, with 4 rings of light
A Red Mk 3 Barrel labelled WEI-R-LI1 and BIG-R-NOSE1, with 4 rings of light
A Red Mk 2 Barrel labelled Weapons Officer and JAY-R-SHOE1, with 4 rings of light
A Red Mk 2 Barrel labelled LAT-R-O1 and WILL-R-SKILD1, with 3 rings of light

Please arm yourselves appropriately.

On the other side of the room is a door, guarded by two people dressed in Purple. Strangely enough, just by looking at them you realise that they will let you leave the room if and only if you are carrying exactly one complete weapon.

You all currently have 3 hit points. A laser shot deals 1 hit point in damage. Remember, it is treason to injure or kill someone who is not a traitor. The Computer expects troubleshooters to deal with traitors as necessary. If you die, a new clone will be activated and delivered within 48 hours, or immediately after the next Mission Debriefing.

Note that failure to post in the thread for 5 consecutive days is treason and will result in replacement.

When you feel that equipment allocation has been successful, please vote to end day. A majority vote will result in all living troubleshooters returning for Mission Debriefing. Traitors will be executed. Summarily. If all those present at Mission Debriefing have a functioning weapon, all living players will be rewarded with Reflec armour and the team leader will be promoted. If you fail, the team leader will be demoted and a new leader selected. The team leader may choose to end the day at any time.

Day 1 has now started. LYLO.

mister k

Re: Parania [Mini] Day 1 - The device has been modified

Postby mister k » Wed May 26, 2010 12:51 pm UTC

Well, our friend computer has spoken, and we must of course obey. The death of TMD was, of course, completely shocking. I will be conducting careful investigations into you before deciding which of you is the traitor who commited said crime.

Now, weapons officer, it is time to allocate the weaponds. Get to it!
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 pm UTC

The Computer wrote:I have utmost trust in the chief of Internal Security.

mister k wrote:It seems IntSec is the only one reporting screaming. Such actions are surely only conducted by a traitor...
Mister K has pretentions of mutantcy. Surely, EVERYONE knows the IntSec is trustworthy?
It is only that you make your accusations before The Computer verified it, that stays any instant cauterisation of you.

mister k

Postby mister k » Wed May 26, 2010 12:59 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:

mister k wrote:It seems IntSec is the only one reporting screaming. Such actions are surely only conducted by a traitor...
Mister K has pretentions of mutantcy. Surely, EVERYONE knows the IntSec is trustworthy?
It is only that you make your accusations before The Computer verified it, that stays any instant cauterisation of you.

You dare question the computers judgment, happiness officer? After all the computer placed me as team leader, attacking the team leader is a prime example or treachery!

Galdon

Postby Galdon » Wed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm UTC

Our esteemed team leader, unless I misunderstood the instructions our friend Computer gave us we are supposed to each take our own weapons. Of course we should take care to not leave anyone of higher rank than us weaponless. So let's test this...

Take A Mk 2 Pistol labelled GAL-R-ON1 and K-O-ONG1
Take A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AZ-R-EL1 and Medic, with 4 rings of light

Unless I'm mistaken this should leave both AZ-R-EL1 and K-O-ONG1 with other options. I hope my team leaders or friend Computer guides me if I have been mistaken.

Double-Ninja'd: I have to agree with MIST-O-KAY1 that attacking one's team leader without concrete proof seems quite suspicious to me.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 1:13 pm UTC

mister k wrote:
BigNose wrote:

You dare question the computers judgment, happiness officer? After all the computer placed me as team leader, attacking the team leader is a prime example or treachery!
Unless the Team Leader is also a Mutant!

mister k wrote:Well, our friend computer has spoken, and we must of course obey. The death of TMD was, of course, completely shocking. I will be conducting careful investigations into you before deciding which of you is the traitor who commited said crime.

Now, weapons officer, it is time to allocate the weaponds. Get to it!
Here we see that he is going against The Computer, as he is over-riding the The Computers instructions:
The Computer wrote:Please arm yourselves appropriately.
which clearly state that you may arm yourself. This more than suggest that you are in cahoots with the Weapons Officer.

Would LAT-R-O1 like to align yourself with MIST-R-KAY1?

In the mean time, takes:
A Mk 3 Pistol labelled Guy who gets to hold the multicorder and BIG-R-NOSE1
A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AZ-R-EL1 and Happiness Officer, with 5 rings of light

And get happy people, I have 5 shots :O)

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 1:16 pm UTC

Your voices are muffled. The Computer's cadre of loyal treason observers are unable to record your muttered imprecations. Please register your suspicions in a clear voice (on a separate line) in the following style:

Accuse: Mysterious Figure, for being the last living entity noted near my special little dood.

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Wed May 26, 2010 1:27 pm UTC

I Accuse: Mysterious Figure, for being the last living entity noted near my special little dood.[/quote]

Take

A Red Mk 2 Barrel labelled Weapons Officer and JAY-R-SHOE1, with 4 rings of light

I am so happy that we will now hunt for the treasonous commie mutant that killed our team leader!
-Jay

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm UTC

BIG-R-NOSE1 has a working Red laser pistol with 5 shots remaining.
GAL-R-ON1 has a working Red laser pistol with 4 shots remaining.
JAY-R-SHOE1 has a working Red laser pistol with 4 shots remaining.

mister k

Postby mister k » Wed May 26, 2010 1:32 pm UTC

very well.

Take

A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled GAL-R-ON1 and Team Leader, with 4 rings of light
A Mk 1 Pistol labelled WILL-R-SKILD1 and Team Leader

Accuse:BigNose, for attacking the team leader with little evidence, and failing to state his suspicions so The computer's cadre of loyal reason observers could not hear

The Computer

Postby The Computer » Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm UTC

JAY-R-SHOE1 used Accuse! It's not very effective...

(Mysterious Figure is not playing. Consider him a metaphor for the bestial inner aspect of the soul, the side of you that your mother would be ashamed to hear her neighbours speak of.)

MIST-O-K1 used Accuse! It's Super Effective!

Allegations of Treason:
BIG-R-NOSE1: 1 (MIST-O-K1)

IntSec

Postby IntSec » Wed May 26, 2010 1:40 pm UTC

BIG-R-NOSE1 has a working Red laser pistol with 5 shots remaining.
GAL-R-ON1 has a working Red laser pistol with 4 shots remaining.
JAY-R-SHOE1 has a working Red laser pistol with 4 shots remaining.
MIST-O-K1 has a working Red laser pistol with 4 shots remaining.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 1:51 pm UTC

The Computer wrote:Your voices are muffled. The Computer's cadre of loyal treason observers are unable to record your muttered imprecations. Please register your suspicions in a clear voice (on a separate line) in the following style:

Accuse: Mysterious Figure, for being the last living entity noted near my special little dood.

I, ofcourse, would like to thank The Computer for clarifying how to make my suspicions productive upon identifying an obvious Mutant, or part of an Anti-Computer Society. This makes me very happy.

Accuse: MIST-R-KAY1, for attempting to over-ride The Computers' explicit instructions on weapon choice and accusing me of questioning The Computers judgement, which I clearly didn't.
mister k wrote:You dare question the computers judgment, happiness officer?

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm UTC

Take: A Mk 1 Pistol labelled Weapons Officer and AD-R-CORE1
Take: A Red Mk 1 Barrel labelled AD-R-CORE1 and JAY-R-SHOE1, with 4 rings of light

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

Exit the room, past the people in Purple, gun and barrel in hand, to continue the investigation.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed May 26, 2010 2:36 pm UTC

Take A Red Mk 3 Barrel labelled WEI-R-LI1 and BIG-R-NOSE1, with 4 rings of light
I can't now get a functional pistol now though with my name or role labelled on it. Any help guys?
And you thought I was crazy...

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed May 26, 2010 2:50 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Take A Red Mk 3 Barrel labelled WEI-R-LI1 and BIG-R-NOSE1, with 4 rings of light
I can't now get a functional pistol now though with my name or role labelled on it. Any help guys?

We have some serious mutantcy, or inability to count past 3, but:

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:
weiyaoli wrote:Take A Red Mk 3 Barrel labelled WEI-R-LI1 and BIG-R-NOSE1, with 4 rings of light

We have some serious mutantcy, or inability to count past 3, but:

The Mk 3 barrel only works with mk 3 pistols. There are no Mk3 pistols left.
And you thought I was crazy...

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed May 26, 2010 3:23 pm UTC

Takes A Red Mk 2 Barrel labelled LAT-R-O1 and WILL-R-SKILD1, with 3 rings of light
TakesA Mk 2 Pistol labelled Technical Support and LAT-R-O1

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

jayhsu wrote:I Accuse: Mysterious Figure, for being the last living entity noted near my special little dood.

Take

I am so happy that we will now hunt for the treasonous commie mutant that killed our team leader!

Accuse: Jayhsu

For taking the weapon officer's barrel.

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

Accuse: BigNose for trying to go against our illustrious team leader and defying the authority of the weapons officer by encouraging troubleshooters to arm themselves without permission.

I choose to wait for those in charge to pick my weapons for me, if they deem me worthy, just like a good red shirt will. Weapons Officer LAT-R-O1, which weapon would you like me to take, if any at all?
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

jayhsu

Postby jayhsu » Wed May 26, 2010 3:36 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:
jayhsu wrote:I Accuse: Mysterious Figure, for being the last living entity noted near my special little dood.

Take

Accuse: Jayhsu

For taking the weapon officer's barrel.

Accuse: Lataro

For failing to realize I took a barrel with my name on it, as explicitly labeled by Friend Computer who is without flaw.
-Jay

Return to “Mafia”