Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Mafia A Wins, Bastadry Revealed!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Silknor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:56 am UTC

He can claim to be a Cop Union member.

GIven how vague the clue is, he wouldn't need to illegally roleclaim to give a plausible explanation.

Eg. the anagram of Bee Reeds is Beer Seeds. Beer is a known Terran drink. Some crap about sticky honey (anagram for Etch in Sky Yo, possibly a reference to inventions/oracle as they both cause additional text to be written by the mod, and the mod text being a message from the Heavens above is a common theme in mafia games, we mods are egomaniacs after all). And done!

Just saying I'm town isn't an impermissible roleclaim, it's everyone's default claim, the claim that you say without needing to say it.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
dedalus
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm UTC
Location: Dark Side of the Moon.

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby dedalus » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 am UTC

There's a big difference between role-claiming and explaining a fairly vague result that could be nearly anything.

If I read what Silknor just wrote, he's saying that the interpretation for Gojoe is wrong but produces the right result, and the interpretation for Dr Ug is wrong and produces the wrong alignment... But with this bastard moddery I'm almost thinking he's just trying to throw us off. Damn you Silky!!
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:56 am UTC

I propose just ignoring what the mod says. That way we can't be tricked one way or another. Please don't modkill me for suggesting ignoring your greatnesses.

Ponderous
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Ponderous » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:42 am UTC

Greetings my fellow townies. I have news, both good and bad. First, the good, because of the invention I can now claim cryptic cop and reveal that I am in possession of a scum result. Rakysh is the interrogator.

The bad is the reason for this claim. I was roleblocked the previous night, and can only assume that the interrogator has found me. So now I must roleclaim and ask for the white mage's protection, otherwise I shall be dead before the morn.

I feel reasonably certain that this claim is safe for two reasons. Firstly, anyone counter claiming needs at least two other people to back them up later in the game or if there's a serious claim battle going on, as the cop union know each other. It seems blatantly absurd for the mafia to take the risk of being forced to reveal 3 of their members on the off chance not one of 6 claimants will die (if any does, the choice becomes very simple for the town). Secondly, if there's more than one claim, any NK targeted has a higher chance of succeeding due to us only being able to protect 1 per night. With so many different scum fractions, would scum would take the risk of drawing fire from the other teams?

Vote: Rakysh

Ponderous
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Ponderous » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:43 am UTC

EBWOP: Factions, not fractions of course.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:14 pm UTC

Interesting. I don't believe or disbelieve this claim.

I'll do a reread of Rakysh's posts to get a read on him though. This should come later today unless I am really busy.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby mpolo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:11 pm UTC

Hmmm... Lataro's vote analysis doesn't mention that I was voting for scum when Day 1 ended. Just to make that clear.

As for dotproduct, my vote was because of his lurkiness. I moved my vote from ElectricHaze (where I kind of wish I had left it, since there was actually an argument for his scummitude).

We have a first Cop Union claim. As to interpreting the result, we'll have to see if there are any more claims jumping around. In any case, this makes Rayksh look quite bad indeed. As Ponderous claimed Cryptic Cop, he could be misinterpreting a result, I suppose.

The oracle result on Gojoe is also perplexing, and I am also interested in hearing his defense against these interpretations.

Faction sizes:
Mafia A - still 3 members (Doctor, Tricker, Jester)
Mafia B - now 2 members (Hitman, Interrogator) -- there is a possible Cryptic Cop on the Interrogator, the Hitman and indeed, Mafia B itself, apparently withheld their kills last night (possible metagame possibility to figure out who didn't post) or were blocked (with several doctors still possible)
Cult - If there was a successful recruit each night, and the absorber has already absorbed, then we could have 6 here (ouch). It is remotely possible that there are only the original 3 (i.e. no recruits yet), probable that there are 4 or 5. (Some have suggested that Gojoe may be cult because of the Oracle result.)

Town:
Three-person Cop Union (one claimed): alignment cop, rolecop, Cryptic cop [retain alignment after culting, so are definitely not cult for all practical purposes]
1 Oracle
1 Inventor
1 White Mage
1 Pumpkin
1 roleblocking triple voter
(minus 0-3 cult recruits).

So, I'm guessing 3 Mafia A, 2 Mafia B, 5 Cult, 5 Town (possibly 4 C 6 T, possibly 4 T 6 C)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:02 pm UTC

Rakysh:

D1:

P1:
Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:The no role claiming evar is going to make stuff veeeery difficult- certainly rules out follow the cop. It'll be up to the cops themselves to find out exactly how much they can say, of course.

Do we have time limits from the start?

If not, I am worried as all heck.

Don't understand his last question but otherwise nothing major here I can see except for a quick damn no roleclaiming. Neutral


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:Bah, that's meant to say I can has player list

Also PM received, etc.

Corrects his question about the player list being part of the bastardary which I also raised. Neutral because even scum would want to know more about the forms of bastardary


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:The "I am worried as all heck" relates to the lack of a player list.

Ok, 24 players, 24 roles. I can breathe easier. But only slightly.

Clarifies yet again his question at the start. Neutral


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:
Silknor wrote:Bastard modding now commencing.

Mpolo reminded me of this video

So, we taking nothing from this? I assume assuming that Mpolo is a Tyranid Zerg from this would be stupid, but so would assuming he isn't. Blarg.

Asks us if we should take note of the video Silknor posted about mpolo. Could possibly be Zerg distancing from role but a bit of a stretch there. Neutral


P2:

Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:Is that a can't as in "they wont register" or a can't as in "I will kill you if you do"

Also weeks, I think you'll find that was valuable flavour spec *sniff* :P

Erm, spec. Yes.

Obviously triple voters are easy to spot. They should try and vote for people who aren't likely to be lynched but are suspicious, I think.

Following with amy's post. Makes a specific point about TVRBs. Shows weeks' lack of knowledge about the flavour. I suppose the specific choice to go with speculating about TVRB is something here but pretty minute. Neutral but possible Zerg?


P3:

Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:Godammnit Zerker, quit it.

I propose we lynch Zerker every time he does this until he stops.
alsoe, Zerker, Zerger, youknowhatimean?

ALSO: @ thread, get in mah egosearch!

Further thoughts: The Gojoe suspicion is silly but we can actually vote for him, apparently, despite what happened earlier.

I am suspicious as all hell on the roleclaim law, but I'm sure as hell not going to test it.

What about false roleclaims?

Doubts the roleclaiming rule even though it was in the first post and therefore trustworthy. Doesn't think Gojoe is scum. Really really weak link with gojoe so Neutral


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:I really think the Gojoe wagon is silly; in fact both the people on it get on my "possible lynch list" for pushing it. Rolespec is a key part of any day one (see discmafia if you don't believe me.) Especially Ponderous because of leaping on the wagon- scum going for an easy early lynch?

Repeats dislike for gojoe lynch. Gojoe could be an important scum or something that he is defending like this but I don't thinks cum would be this obvious. Raises Ponderous as a lynch target. Definitely not on the same side as Ponderous


Spoiler:
A few posts about word filters. Not gonna bother quoting them here.


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:hehe... royale wit cheese.

I'm thinking Ponderous more and more. Starts out wanting to random vote, then goes for Gojoe for something really rather ridiculous (rolespec is just a part of the game here). Really seems like a scum wanting to pick up an early, cheap lynch.

FOS: Ponderous.

Tbh I'm starting to think what Ponderous did is making some sense. If he is the cryptic cop, he would be going along with his fellow mason. Obviously not on same side as Ponderous now


Nothing P4

P5:
Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:*adds up* aww...

You know what, stuff this fannying around "FoS" rubbish. This is turbo, and I'm gonna

Vote: Ponderous

because leaping on to a crap bandwagon is scummy.

Votes Ponderous. Defends this with a bit extra.


Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:The original Gojoe vote was for asking for rolespec. That is a completely normal thing to do, and the wagon was very, very weak. Jumping on it is a definite scumtell, and not a weak piece of evidence. I then FoS'd ponderous, and as there was only 36 hours before the deadline and I heard nothing from Ponderous, I decided to turn that FoS into a vote as there was no-one, to my mind, scummier. If you think rolespec is a scumtell, try reading Discmafia. 33 players can't all be scum.

However, Bignose's last post had a far better argument, so I'm not to bothered over who gets lynched out of Ponderous and Gojoe.

A bit of a change on Gojoe suddenly. Keeps going back to discmafia. Unsure again... His change of position on gojoe though means they aren't on the same team probaly


Spoiler:
A few posts on bio and his parody of BN's post. Short one liners mostly making peace.


P6

Spoiler:
Rakysh wrote:Well, this seems to be the biggest bit of bastard modery so far. The role text says

Roleblocking Triple Voters:
Their vote counts triple but this existence of extra votes does not increase the number of votes needed to lynch (so if there are 3 players alive, it'll be 2 to lynch, and if the triple voter votes, then there will be an immediate lynch of their target).
Roleblocks whoever their vote was on at the end of the day.
Votals will not accurately reflect the higher value of their vote. Eg if 1 RBTV and 2 normal voters are voting for someone, the votals will say 3 votes for them. But if it's 4 or 5 to lynch, they'll be lynched.

Which means Martin is fucking with us, and TMT is not in fact a triple voting roleblocker.

Turns out to be correct. A slight townish vibe from this post but really not much considering cult and mafia would want to know this.


END OF D1

Summary:
Spoiler:
He's not on the same side as Ponderous so if we believe Ponderous, he is likely to be the scum interrogator. A bit conflicted about gojoe, thinks BN makes good points about gojoe but didn't think he should be lynched at the begining. He doesn't really push for a gojoe lynch himself even though he thinks gojoe isn't town.... Hmmm....

If we believe Ponderous:
P = town
R = mafia b
Gojoe = mafia a/cult/town

If we don't believe Ponderous:
P = mafia a/b/cult
R = town/mafia a/cult
Gojoe = anything



D2 to come. Let me know if I missed anything major, I skipped his bio and word filter posts because they weren't really relevant much.
And you thought I was crazy...

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 pm UTC

From what I can see, Ponderous is taking advantage of the invention to try and get a townie who suspects him lynched or if he gets lucky and I do turn out to be scum (which I'm not) cement his role as a supposed townie. I also think he might be trying to flush out the rest of the cop group for his mafia/cult. I feel forced to

Vote: Ponderous.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Lataro » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm UTC

I've had a funny feeling about Rakysh all game. He's had a hardon for a Ponderous lynch and had pretty bad logic D1 as I pointed out in a previous post. I'll MIGHT end up voting for him later on, but I'll wait and see for now if there is a counter claim from the cop union that disputes this.

The reason above for MIGHT vote for Rakysh is because even if he is scum, if GoJoe is cult, they are more dangerous right now.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:49 pm UTC

Okay it swallowed my post yesterday about how I suspected Gojoe's result meant scum, and we seem to have reached the same conclusion, then Pondy makes this claim.

So.......it is down to Ponderous Rak and Gojoe today. Gojoe is the most dangerous if we are right, but I haven't really seen anything to scummy from him
Ponderous has been kinda quiet (like me) but this could be newbie cop trying to avoid attention from the scum.
Rak has been off since D1.

hmmmmm
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 pm UTC

Okay. I'm back and will be posting a lot more today, due to increased free time. Let me read through what I've missed before I say anything significant today though.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

Ponderous wrote:Greetings my fellow townies. I have news, both good and bad. First, the good, because of the invention I can now claim cryptic cop and reveal that I am in possession of a scum result. Rakysh is the interrogator.



How certain are you that Rakysh is the interrogator? Obviously things being cryptic, it is far from easy to be sure of a role. Besides, I'd like to give any counter-claims a chance to develop before I vote either way on this.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby jayhsu » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

OverBored wrote:
Ponderous wrote:Greetings my fellow townies. I have news, both good and bad. First, the good, because of the invention I can now claim cryptic cop and reveal that I am in possession of a scum result. Rakysh is the interrogator.



How certain are you that Rakysh is the interrogator? Obviously things being cryptic, it is far from easy to be sure of a role. Besides, I'd like to give any counter-claims a chance to develop before I vote either way on this.


I agree. Unfortunately for you, Ponderous, you haven't been very active this game and I'd like to see more evidence. I was actually going to vote for you yesterday but something about dotproduct pinged me wrong (unfortunately, that was grossly incorrect...).

At the same time:
Rakysh wrote:From what I can see, Ponderous is taking advantage of the invention to try and get a townie who suspects him lynched or if he gets lucky and I do turn out to be scum (which I'm not) cement his role as a supposed townie. I also think he might be trying to flush out the rest of the cop group for his mafia/cult. I feel forced to

Vote: Ponderous.


Particularly this line:

Rakysh wrote:or if he gets lucky and I do turn out to be scum (which I'm not) cement his role as a supposed townie.


I don;t understand your reasoning here, Rakysh. If you aren't scum, Ponderous will be lynched tomorrow. If you are scum (or cult), we lynch a scum or cult. It's true Ponderous will have some town cred, but that will also put him under more scrutiny by the mafia. Either way, we get a scum. Am I wrong here? Can anyone fault me on this?
-Jay

Rakysh
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Rakysh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 pm UTC

Well if I am in fact scum and he calls that it looks like he is a cop.

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 pm UTC

I suppose ponderous could be trying to draw flak away from people he feels are town by attacking Rakysh (who he actually has no evidence for). I can't think of a situation where this is actually a legitimate strategy, but people aren't perfectly rational. It seems the most likely scenario (by far) is that at least one of Ponderous or Rakysh are scum (or cult I suppose).

Actually, that is a possibility. Ponderous is making this claim to get the cult another un-lynched day, making them a very strong voting block coming into the next day. I personally don't trust ponderous's claim, but I'd like to hear more from him about his suspicions before I take any further action.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:Well if I am in fact scum and he calls that it looks like he is a cop.


Ninja'd.

This may be true, but we ultimately still get a mafia member. On top of this, the actual cops union will know that he isn't a cop, and they can make this pretty clear over coming nights. We still won't blindly follow Ponderous, for precisely the reason you have stated.

Problem: Ponderous could have been cop-tricked. They could both be town and we'll be getting nowhere out of the whole thing.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:Well if I am in fact scum and he calls that it looks like he is a cop.


And the other mafia targets him. Honestly, to me, this sounds like you are mafia, think you will be lynched, and are trying to throw shadow on ponderous. I can't deny the possibility you are right regardless though.

FOS: Rakysh

Vote: Gojoe

IGMEOY: Ponderous


Ninja'd: I believe he claimed the cryptic cop. I'm gonna have to go back and look at how that one works.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm UTC

Looking back, even though Ponderous has claimed cryptic cop, I think Rak is scum. I think it possible Ponderous got the result from a different member of the cop union and is claiming to protect them.

Finally, I think Gojoe is likely the more dangerous person right now (read: me voting him last post).
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm UTC

To be honest, I am notoriously bad at reading cryptic clues (see Matrix), so I'm almost going to ignore it. That said, I have been getting a few pings from Gojoe all game. By no means enough to vote, but I'm a little suspicious.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 pm UTC

I'm going to downgrade my suspicion of EH.

Unvote: ElectricHaze

IGMEOY, ElectricHaze


He seems to be a bit more helpful today and there were a few implications tilting toward town.

Between Ponderous and Rakysh, I don't really know what to think. I didn't really notice anything suspicious from either of them in my time playing, but I haven't given it a very close look. I'm more interested in Gojoe, anyway... if only for the insect link.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 pm UTC

People are asking me to defend myself from an oracle post. I know who I am, I know my role, yet I still have no idea how to interpret it to come out with the correct result.
(Because bees are on a terran planet? And they collect pollen to make the honey?)

I still don't get it!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 pm UTC

Also, the logic behind electric haze seems pretty weak to me. We should focus on all the people that voted for him.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
dedalus
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 pm UTC
Location: Dark Side of the Moon.

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby dedalus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 am UTC

Considering that Ponderous has specifically named Rakysh as the interrogator, I'd say that Rakysh's defence of 'if I were town you're lynching a townie, if I were scum you're going to now trust someone who could also be scum' sounds kind of far-fetched. Currently I'm pretty sure that Rakysh is scum.

However, given that there's a maximum possible 7 cult (3 starting, 3 recruits, 1 absorber), and we've yet to see any of them, I'm thinking that we need to worry more about the cult. I need to think a bit more about the Oracle clue really... Right now if I'm not voting Gojoe, it'll be Rakysh.
doogly wrote:Oh yea, obviously they wouldn't know Griffiths from Sakurai if I were throwing them at them.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Dr Ug » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:10 am UTC

Given the lack of a counter-claim, and next to no defense from Rakysh, I'm going to

Vote: Rakysh
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby MartinW » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 am UTC

It seems no one is succeeding in deciphering my clue. :-D

zerker2000
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby zerker2000 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 am UTC

:?:
Dear mod, please explain how you could've been hit by a tricker, or obtained a cryptic result, or why you can't just modkill Rakysh if you want him dead.

Bastard moddery alert!
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
ImageDragon Thingie! Image

zerker2000
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby zerker2000 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:44 am UTC

EBWOP: Qu-? Dear bastard forum mods, aren't we supposed to Know when someone edited a post?
I think I'm seeing things: ignore my previous post.
GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
ImageDragon Thingie! Image

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:24 am UTC

Up until now, being flavor-challenged on Starcraft has not been so bad. Now, with the oracular clues, I have to defer to people who know the flavor. And up until now this has seemed pretty indicative of his having been clted.

The question seems to be whether we want to try to reduce Mafia B (the more dangerous of the two mafias, IMO, because of the Hitman) to a single member, reduce the size of the cult by one, or attack a claimed cop (unlikely, unless Rakysh's eventual death reveals that Ponderous was messing with us).

In a certain sense, the choice between the first two options is likely academic -- it is in Mafia A's interests to get rid of either of these characters, so that whichever we don't lynch is a likely night target. However, trusting a mafia to do what the town wants is a very iffy strategy, so we should be reasonably sure about the one we lynch.

It would help to know the gist (since quoting is not permitted) of the cryptic clue that Ponders claims to have received about Rakysh, so that we can judge whether this result seems trustworthy.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby jayhsu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:44 pm UTC

Rakysh wrote:Well if I am in fact scum and he calls that it looks like he is a cop.


If ponderous is not a cop, the cop union will know. We have 4 scenarios:

1. Ponderous is cop, Rakysh is town
Possible scenario if Ponderous is misinterpreting his cryptic clue (certainly within the realm of possibility given bastardy).

2. Ponderous is cop, Rakysh is scum
I believe this is the most likely scenario, given that 1. No one has counterclaimed Ponderous, 2. No one has voted for Ponderous since his claim, except Rakysh (as in, if Ponderous were not a cop, cops might vote for him).

3. Ponderous is scum, Rakysh is town
Possible, but see scenario 2. Also, if Ponderous is falseclaiming, he is drawing attention to himself. And if Rakysh does turn out to be town, there is a good chance Ponderous will be lynched, despite scenario 1.

4. Ponderous is scum, Rakysh is scum
If we lynch Rakysh here, we still get out a scum, and the cop union knows Ponderous isn't scum so that will throw up red flags. I believe this is the scenario that Rakysh is positing. Unfortunately for him, I think this is the best scenario for the town - we lynch a scum (Rakysh) and Ponderous becomes more pro-town in most of the town's eyes. But the cop union will be on his tail and that has it's own ramifications. It's a weird play, but not a good one I think, for Ponderous.

Scenarios also exist wherein Ponderous is town and got Rakysh by invention or however else (I can't begin to figure out which powers might possibly know). On the other hand, Ponderous seems fairly certain of Rakysh's guilt. That says a lot, to me.

Scenarios also exist wherein Ponderous is cult, and in that case, the town has to decide which threat is more dangerous - cult or mafias. I haven't begun to analyze this possibility, but at least one interpretation of MartinW's clue seems to suggest that the cult is growing larger and maybe overtaking the game:

zerker2000 wrote:
Silknor wrote:There is one Oracle result for today, it is on Gojoe:
A bee of reeds wave in the wind, aligning for their foe. Their sticky honey conquers all.
Random thought:
Insects=zerg, honey=creep


Anyway, I think the worst case scenario for the town (where Ponderous is a (deluded) townie and Rakysh is also town) is unlikely. I feel like one of them must be mafia/cult, and lynching one will reveal the alignment of the other. I will be voting for Rakysh at the end of the day, because I'm not entirely certain my logic is right (but I'm pretty sure it's sound).
-Jay

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby jayhsu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm UTC

Updated votals list. Should be right, please correct me if not.


Jayhsu
Day 2
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:43 pm UTC)



Lataro
Day 1
Pre-Game Vote: ElectricHaze (Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:53 pm UTC)
DAYKILL BXM (Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:48 pm UTC)
Vote: TMT (Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am UTC)

Dotproduct
Day 1
Vote: Silknor (Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm UTC)
Unvote (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm UTC)
Vote: The Mighty Thesaurus (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 pm UTC)
Unvote (Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:49 am UTC)
vote: dotproduct (Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:49 am UTC)
unvote (Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:49 am UTC)
Vote: ElectricHaze (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:24 pm UTC)


Silknor
Day 1
Vote: dotproduct (Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:09 pm UTC)

BigNose
Day 1
Vote: Gojoe (Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm UTC)
Unvote (Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:22 am UTC)

Weeks
Day 1
Vote: Amy (Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 pm UTC)
Unvote (Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:39 pm UTC)
Vote: TMT (Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:56 pm UTC)


TMT
Day 1
vote: gojoe (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:11 pm UTC)
Unvote: Gojoe (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm UTC)
Vote: The Moo Prophet (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm UTC)
Unvote: TMP (Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 am UTC)
Vote: Ponderous (Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:46 am UTC)

TMP
Day 1
Vote: The Mighty Thesaurus (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:14 pm UTC)
Unvote: TMT Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:04 pm UTC
Vote: Ponderous (Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:18 am UTC)

BXM
Day 1
Vote: Happy ending for all (Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 pm UTC)
Kamikaze Kill: Lataro and all allies of Lataro who is clearly scum or cult (Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 pm UTC)
Vote: Dr Ug (Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm UTC)
Unvote (Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:54 pm UTC)
Vote: BN (Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:54 pm UTC)
Day 3
Vote: Gojoe

Zerker2000
Day 1
Vote: zerker2000 (Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:16 am UTC)


SDG
Day 1
Vote: zerker2000 (Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:52 am UTC)
Unvote: Gojoe (Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 am UTC)
Vote: BigNose (Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 am UTC)

Ponderous
Day 1
Vote: Gojoe (Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:16 am UTC)
Day 2
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 pm UTC)
Day 3
Vote: Rakysh (Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:42 am UTC)

Aardvarki
Day 1
Vote: Superdemongob (Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:39 am UTC)
Vote: The Mighty Thesaurus (Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:17 pm UTC)
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:57 pm UTC)

Gojoe
Day 1
Vote:Sledgehmr (Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:53 pm UTC)
Unvote (Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:58 am UTC)

Rayksh
Day 1
Vote: Ponderous (Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 am UTC)
Day 3
Vote: Ponderous (Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 pm UTC)


Dedalus
Day 1
Vote: TMT (Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:38 am UTC)
Day 2
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 pm UTC)


Overbored
Day 1
Vote BigNose (Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 am UTC)

B.I.O
Day 1
vote: Bignose (Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 am UTC)

weiyaoli
Day 1
Vote: BN (Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 pm UTC)
Day 2
Vote: Ponderous (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 pm UTC)


ElectricHaze
Day 1
Vote: Big nose (Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 pm UTC)
Unvote (Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm UTC)
Vote: dr ug (Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:22 pm UTC)
Unvote (Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 am UTC)
vote: TMT (Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 am UTC)
Day 2
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 pm UTC)


Dr Ug
Day 1
Vote: TMP (Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:34 pm UTC)
Unvote: TMP (Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 am UTC)
Vote: TMT (Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 am UTC)
Day 3
Vote: Rakysh (Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:10 am UTC)



Azrael001
Day 1
Vote: Ponderous (Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 pm UTC)
Vote: TMT (Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm UTC)


Sledgehmr
Day 1
Vote: bignose (Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm UTC)
Day 2
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:39 pm UTC)

Not A Raptor
Day 1
Vote: The Moo Prophet (Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm UTC)
Day 2
Vote: ElectricHaze (Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm UTC)
Day 3:
Vote: ElectricHaze (Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 pm UTC)



Mpolo
Day 2
Vote: ElectricHaze (Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 am UTC)
Unvote (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:18 pm UTC)
Vote: Dotproduct (Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:18 pm UTC)
-Jay

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 pm UTC

At the moment, I'm inclined to follow Ponderous and vote Rakysh (cop result + some strange wordings yesterday). However, if we could get some confirmation on Gojoe, that would be even better. Since we have another day, I'm not going to place a vote yet.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Silknor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:41 pm UTC

Votals:
2-Rakysh (Ponderous, Dr Ug)
1-Ponderous (Rakysh)
1-Gojoe (Brooklynxman)

38 hours left in Day 3. 11 to lynch.

Modkills for inactivity are being launched in about a day.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?
Posts: 2023
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 am UTC
Location: Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Weeks » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm UTC

I really, really don't like Gojoe's recent activity in this game, so I'll

vote: Gojoe

I'm inclined to think he's cult, as zerker and others have suggested. Or at least he has been culted.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Lataro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:17 pm UTC

With no counter claim from the Cop Union forthcoming, or any other cop claim false or otherwise, I'm inclined to believe that Rakysh is in fact scum as Ponderous has said. That said, his role is in Mafia B, which right now is down to 2 people.

With the cult sitting at as many as 6 with another on the way tonight, I am unsure if getting rid of Rakysh is a good idea right now in the face of a possible confirmed cult member.

Worst case scenario:

We are 18 now, 10 to lynch, contrary to the votals listed above.

We lynch one, Mafia B kills two, Mafia A kills one, Cult recruits one.

So 4 dead with a cult of 7.

we are at 14/7. I believe this is a cult win. Not 100% sure if cult win at even numbers like scum or if they need more.

So in our worst case scenario, unless we kill a cult, if they have succeeded at all their recruits thus far and do again tonight, we lose.

So while Rakysh may be a sure fire scum kill, I think GoJoe is a more pressing concern if he is cult, as seems to be the case.

I'll go ahead and throw down a...

Vote: GoJoe

Even though Rakysh may be scum, his living til tomorrow isn't going to risk ending the game in a cult win tomorrow.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby jayhsu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm UTC

Can someone recap why gojoe is so suspected?
-Jay

User avatar
OverBored
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby OverBored » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 pm UTC

Lataro. 14/7 is undoubtedly bad, and something we want to avoid, but the game is far from over. It relies upon plenty of successful townie recruits (unlikely), but more importantly, most likely results in there still being enough power roles and kills that it isn't necessarily over. The Mafias would still have 3 NK's (I think) and with various other possible protections and things available, a cult majority doesn't mean victory immediately. That said, I see the cult as by far the largest threat to the town at this point.
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Silknor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:33 pm UTC

Anyone who hasn't posted on d3 by tomorrow morning when I wake up will be modkilled. Or at least most, certainly if they hadn't posted since the early part of D2 they're gone, I might give an exception for people who were active D2 and D1 but haven't done anything D3.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Sledgehmr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:51 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Day 3

Postby Sledgehmr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:23 pm UTC

As others have noted, the cult has yet to take any significant loses. in the worst case scenerio they have 6 members (3 start+2 recruits+1 absorber) and none of the new 3 are infiltrators that retain their original alignment, we can't know if this is the case.

It is rare that we have the luxury of picking between one scum faction and another, despite all the d1 discussion of the topic. I am certainly more scared of the cult than Mafia B (or A), but that isn't the only factor. We also have to evaluate the probability that Rakysh is mafia B and the probability that Gojoe is cult. At this point I'm inclined to say Rakysh is more likely to be Mafia A than Gojoe is to be cult (ie. I trust the undisputed cop claim more than the oracle clue) but if both suspicions are right i think it's better to lynch gojoe.

I do think that the target should be one of those, but I dont know which yet. ElectricHaze was on my suspicion list and still it, but the tells from him are less substantive than the cop claim/oracle interpretation.

User avatar
jayhsu
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 am UTC

Re: Openly Bastard [Turbo]: Night 2 PM Both Mods

Postby jayhsu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm UTC

Silknor wrote: A bee of reeds wave in the wind, aligning for their foe. Their sticky honey conquers all.


Has anyone considered that gojoe is the foe mentioned (if you assume bee means insects/zerg)? In this case, zerg would be gunning for gojoe (certainly quite a few have already) - perhaps he is the flying pumpkin, who seems to be the best at fending off zerg.
-Jay


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessie, Evil George Washington and 20 guests