[i] - Dexterafia: Town Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Azrael001

Re: Invitational - Dexterafia: D1 Murder at Miami Metro

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm UTC

Sadly enough I like the weiyaoli lynch better than the WWS lynch, which is better than the Feltir Dr Ug lynch. Worse still, to live, I must follow the bigest wagon that isn't me.

Unvote: Dr Ug
Vote: WWS

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:39 pm UTC

Sorry for the MIA status for a while. I sort of took Azrael's suggestion to "shut up you're helping the scum" seriously. Not that I'm offended, but I really do think I could be helping the scum find pro-town groups. Initially I was going to jump on the Azrael bandwagon, but honestly I don't think it is deserved. I think that he tried to get discussion going and succeeded. I've read VectorZero's post and believe that WWS is doing the opposite. I think that doing a day 1 lynch in time will help reveal things for day 2, and I think WWS is more suspicious than Azrael.

VOTE: WWS

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:32 pm UTC

No one ever listens to me on the rare occasions when I do try to vote... But VZ's post makes sense to me, and I dislike the Az wagon. Reviewing the posts, I agree that they're dodgy in much the same way Wei's were, so

Unvote

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:41 pm UTC

Now that felltir has been replaced, I don't think it's right to be voting for Dr Ug for felltir lurking at this point in time and I think I have something to go on for this vote. (I orginally voted for felltir because I didn't and still don't find Az scummy and went with a lurker lynch instead since it was approaching deadline and I otherwise had nothing and think a NL on a day where we had nothing because of mass inactivity is bad)

Unvote

Also I'm not sure where you are coming from with your suspicion Az, amt at least had a gut feeling (fine, but nothing I can defend against really) and VZ quoted all of my posts (So there must be something there he's suspicious of in there). Why exactly do you feel that I am scummy?

I do find the bandwagon on Az strange through. I don't think Az has been vague or confusing at all. The only questionable thing I think he has done so far was to draw attention to Jebobek for playing bad town which isn't exactly him being vague or confusing.

Only thing I got from a re-read I wanted to reply to:

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I originally thought nothing of Azrael001's post, but upon rereading it, I do think that something isn't quite right. Why not punish all anti-town behaviour, regardless of its origin? After all, isn't the justification for lurker lynching of a somewhat similar bent?

I disagree. Why would you want to "punish" all anti-town behaviour? If you think they are town playing badly, you don't want to be lynching them for that because you think they are town. Sure it might improve people's play generally if they are punished by a lynch everytime they act anti-town, but I don't think it makes sense to do so in the context of a single game where you want to win for town.

I personally (You may disagree but in that case I do think that this is also a huge part of it) think the justification for a lurker lynch comes not from punishing people for acting anti-town but from the fact the you are thereby eliminating inactive people who by lurking is not providing enough opportunity for any tells if they are scum and not standing out or helping town out by analysing.

FoS: TMT

Regarding wws, I agree with the reasoning VZ gave and add to that I think that he has been active lurking this game. His posts have been some very short role-spec and then wine on lurkers (I think that is one of the things that you could argue either way for and I definitely get the sense he is defending either himself or one of the other lurker(s) with that post, especially trying to cast doubt on Weeks) and then jumps on the Az bandwagon (by parroting what people before said about Az pretty much word for word though I do realize it was one of those +1 votes without anymore to add about that person).

And you thought I was crazy...

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

I'm not comfortable with the Az lynch, the WWS lynch appears to have some solid backing to it...and that's enough for me, given the deadline. (At this point, I realize I'm just on the bandwagon, but it's better than letting the day pass in silence.)

http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm UTC

You still have about 2 hours to make a better post.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:02 pm UTC

Vote Count
Azrael001 - 6 votes (Angua, The Moo Prophet, OverBored, willwithskills, Brooklynxman, __jess)
Willwithskills - 8 votes (VectorZero, The Mighty Thesaurus, Weeks, Azrael001, Jebobek, ameretrifle, weiyaoli, Sir_Elderberry)

(10 votes needed to lynch, or minimum of 6 at deadline)

Deadline
50 minutes from now.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Re: Invitational - Dexterafia: Night One

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 pm UTC

Oh hey, the deadline has passed.

Willwithskills has been lynched. We will tell you his rolename and alignment in the morning, and also give you some new flavor.

In the meantime, please send in your night actions. Thanks.

N1 Deadline: 48 hours from now
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

willwithskills

Postby willwithskills » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:05 am UTC

Oops. Went away for a while and missed my own lynch. Ah well. Only myself to blame.
So it goes.

Dromtry wrote:
willwithskills wrote: I colored sufficiently large purpose on my tail end.

You have a large red hiney?

roband

Re: Invitational - Dexterafia: N1

Postby roband » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 pm UTC

Debra wrote:Last one out of the fucking station, as usual.
They kept us in late tonight to deal with some killer. That's one brave little murderer. Crazy asshole didn't think he'd get away with it, surely?

Walking over to the ambulance to take a look at the person to blame for another late night, I noticed how small the still shape in the bodybag was.

What was this guy, a fucking murderous midget?

Peeling back the zip and opening the plastic and looking into the cold eyes of the person we'd decided to kill earlier.

Cody?

willwithskills was Cody Bennett, Town.

Debra wrote:This isn't happening, this isn't fucking happening.
Cody is dead? What the hell were Rita and Astor doing to let that happen? How did Dexter let that happen?
I need to speak to them, but no-one is answering their cell.
Fuck.

It is still night.
There is now less than 24 hours before D2 begins. Please ensure all night actions are sent to the mods ASAP.
Night actions received after this deadline will not be included.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 pm UTC

roband wrote:There is now less than 24 hours before D2 begins. Please ensure all night actions are sent to the mods ASAP.
roband wrote:There is now less than 24 hours before D2 begins
roband wrote:There is now less than 24 hours
roband wrote:There is [...] 24 hours
D:
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:23 pm UTC

Please accept my apologies, I've been fighting a PC tonight and losing. As such, the start of D2 will be delayed whilst I get myself in order.

Your patience is appreciated.

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 pm UTC

Twenty, twenty, twenty-four hours to goooo
I wanna be sedated...
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

roband

Postby roband » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 am UTC

Vince Masuka wrote:Phone.
Ringing.

"What the hell? It's 6am in the morning"
"It's LaGuerta, we've had another killing during the night and I need you at the scene NOW. It's a messy one"

I hope by messy, LaGuerta means sexy. Huhuhuhuh.

As I pulled up to the house I'd been directed to I saw Quinn standing outside.
"Hey Quinn, the Lieutenant woke you up too?"
"Yeah, it's not like we got plenty of sleep last night anyway, after being kept at the station so late trying to find that killer inside the building. Didya hear who they ID'd the body as?"
"Was it the killer?"
"Nope, it was some kid"
"A kid? What was his name?"
"I don't know, Jody, Cody something like that"
"Shit"

Back to the job, we carefully made our way into the back garden of the house.
Wow, it was messy. Blood all over the floor and sprayed along the fence.

Turning into behind some shrubs, I caught sight of our victim. A tall black male. And that was all I could identify, it looked like his face had been caved in with some sort of weapon.

Quinn was doubled over, looking like he was about to be sick.
"That's Anton, I recognize his shoes"
"You mean the ones he was beaten to death with? Look how they're covered with blood, but are nowhere near the body"

Quinn made an excuse and left. I started to carry on documenting the state of the corpse, but first I had to take a little detour to the little boys room...

Angua has been found murdered. She was Anton Briggs, Town.

Joey Quinn wrote:I've got to keep my shit together here.
It's my fault Anton died. He was giving ME information. But I still have a job to do.
Right, time to head back inside to let Masuka know I can hold it together.

"Masuka?"

Where is that creep? Probably inside sniffing the owner's panties or something. I can almost hear him laughing to himself.

"Masuka? Get your pervy little ass out here and do your job."

I checked all the rooms in the house until I got to the main bathroom.
I saw the blood seeping under the door immediately.

"What's up, we got another vic? Nobody told me there were 2 bodies here."

Opening the door, I saw Masuka. But he wasn't looking at a corpse.
He WAS a corpse.
He'd been dismembered and was hanging in pieces from what looked like butcher's hooks on top of the shower cubicle.

Shit, the bodies are starting to pile up.

weiyaoli has been found murdered. He was Vince Masuka, Town.

It is now Day. Proceed.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Re: Invitational - Dexterafia: D2 Treacherous Times for Town

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:54 am UTC

Well, this sucks. I found it a little suspicious that a bandwagon was able to form on WWS so quickly, but it didn't really ping me until after the lynch had gone through.

I am getting some scummy vibes from VZ for moving suspicion away from Az and onto WWS, especially since he did it so close to the deadline (thereby preventing WWS from defending himself), but they are mixed in with towny vibes, too, since his argument mirrored by own jumbled thoughts.

Well, at least we have some confirmation of Rita and the kids.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:00 am UTC

Dromtry has been removed from the game against his wishes. (He kept saying he would post, but never did.)

Krong is taking over his role. Everyone say 'hi' to Krong!

The deadline for Day 2 is 7 days from now.

There are 15 players, so 8 votes needed for lynch before the deadline, or a minimum of 5 votes at deadline.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:01 am UTC

Well, the second kill is the Ice Truck Killer, and the first does not seem like Dexter. Huh. :/

And crap, there goes my only other suspicion. Sigh. >_> I can see several possible reasons to target Wei, but Angua...? Any ideas on that one?

HI KRONG! :D

Krong

Postby Krong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:02 am UTC

Hi! The above post is basically the only one I've read... catching up in the next hour or so.

Or it was until I got ninja'd.
HI AMT! :D
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Tigerlion
The Communist formerly known as Tigion

Postby Tigerlion » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 am UTC

Okay, because Cody's dead, whoever Dexter is is now probably a Vig-turned-SK. You know, murdering rampage etc.

Krong

Postby Krong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 am UTC

Wow... this thread was just painful to read through.

25% I can't post much because my life is busy.
25% Is Dexter Vig or SK? Here is my opinion! (Paragraph follows with little to no useful content beyond the opinion.)
25% Hmm we have to lynch someone, possibly a lurker.
25% Actual lynch target discussion.

On a cursory look-through, I got minor pings from VZ (active early when no one else seemed to care), TMP (general vibe... sorry, there was another reason I'm forgetting right now), and AMT (weiyaoli vote looked like an attempt to avoid being on the bandwagon).

Bleh, that's not very useful at all... sorry, a bit distracted now. I'll do a second pass through the thread later on to see if I get anything of more substance.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:20 am UTC

So I'm posting from my iPad so this won't be long.

To put in the role spec I would have made yesterday if I'd been here, I think Dexter is probably town-friendly independent. My implementation would be must NK, gains half win for scum kill, loses half win for town kill. At the least I think the kill would be compulsory.

As for a lynch target today, I was a bit suspicious of Weeks' "lynch-the-4th-worst-lurked", and also on those who pushed for my (felltir's) lurker lynch yesterday - led by VZ IIRC.

More to come when I have real computer access.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:44 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:As for a lynch target today, I was a bit suspicious of Weeks' "lynch-the-4th-worst-lurked"
Well, that had it's reasoning, which I thought was a bit obvious and I already explained. I'll explain my thoughts a bit more, though, for good measure.
Spoiler:
The first three lurkers looked likely to be replaced, as they had posted almost nil to that moment. I preferred to hear a bit more from them, and, as explained earlier, tried to push the discussion by voting on the next person available. I could've just FoSed, right, but FoSing at that moment didn't seem like it would've had much impact. You weren't here, but if you were, you'd probably have felt the anguish of nobody posting. I never thought my vote would lead to a lynch at that moment, and it didn't.
Dr Ug wrote:and also on those who pushed for my (felltir's) lurker lynch yesterday - led by VZ IIRC.
Weiyaoli voted Felltir and was town, but maybe VZ and amt don't have similar motives. Those were all the votes on Felltir.

Actually it looks like Weiyaoli didn't know who to lynch, but he did make valid points against Azrael001 and TMT. Here they are, neatly spoilered again.
Spoiler:
weiyaoli wrote:Also I'm not sure where you are coming from with your suspicion Az, amt at least had a gut feeling (fine, but nothing I can defend against really) and VZ quoted all of my posts (So there must be something there he's suspicious of in there). Why exactly do you feel that I am scummy?

I do find the bandwagon on Az strange through. I don't think Az has been vague or confusing at all. The only questionable thing I think he has done so far was to draw attention to Jebobek for playing bad town which isn't exactly him being vague or confusing.
I think he was spot on. This doesn't make amt and VZ look too well, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions.

weiyaoli wrote:
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I originally thought nothing of Azrael001's post, but upon rereading it, I do think that something isn't quite right. Why not punish all anti-town behaviour, regardless of its origin? After all, isn't the justification for lurker lynching of a somewhat similar bent?
I disagree. Why would you want to "punish" all anti-town behaviour? If you think they are town playing badly, you don't want to be lynching them for that because you think they are town. Sure it might improve people's play generally if they are punished by a lynch everytime they act anti-town, but I don't think it makes sense to do so in the context of a single game where you want to win for town.

I personally (You may disagree but in that case I do think that this is also a huge part of it) think the justification for a lurker lynch comes not from punishing people for acting anti-town but from the fact the you are thereby eliminating inactive people who by lurking is not providing enough opportunity for any tells if they are scum and not standing out or helping town out by analysing.

FoS: TMT
But you were also lurking, Weiyaoli! *sigh* At least this points us towards what might be a subtle scumtell on TMT's part (tell me what you think about this).
So like...maybe one of az, amt, tmt or vz killed weiyaoli.

About the Angua kill...sigh...I really have no idea. She didn't look especially townish to me, but I don't know what the killer thought.

Tigerlion wrote:Okay, because Cody's dead, whoever Dexter is is now probably a Vig-turned-SK. You know, murdering rampage etc.
"Probably", right? That doesn't really amount to much, unless you have evidence.

BTW, I was nearly killed last night. I don't know who targeted me, or why, but it looks like at least one killer doesn't have a certain kill.

OverBored

Postby OverBored » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm UTC

It would be very tempting at this point to attack those who were in the bandwagon on WWS, but I kind of understand it. We had to kill someone, and personally as someone on the Az wagon, I'm far from free of blame here. Ultimately though, it was a toss up between the two, and I certainly don't blame those who went with WWS, even if they were wrong in the end.

One thing to note, both the kills were... colourful. These don't sound like standard mafia kills to me.
Combine this with the fact that a NK was attempted on Weeks (I doubt this is a lie) and failed, it would be reasonable to assume Weeks was the target of the Mafia. Not necessarily true, but worth considering.

Weeks wrote:So like...maybe one of az, amt, tmt or vz killed weiyaoli.

I tend to find that people try to avoid letting specific links like this form. I'd offer that maybe these are the least likely people to have killed Wei.

Weeks wrote:but it looks like at least one killer doesn't have a certain kill.

Obviously I'd understand if you didn't want to answer, but can you elaborate on this? You mean you are immune to a certain type of kill, or you think a character has permanently lost their ability to kill? I think I am just being dense with my parsing of sentences...
G4!!

Grob FTW,

Hello. Smithers. You're. Quite good. At. Turning. Me. On.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:16 pm UTC

Maybe that explains the suspicious lack of an obvious Dexter-kill?

Yeah, I was trying to avoid the bandwagon, just because when people lynch Az D1, he usually tends to be town and the game usually tends to go downhill. :/ Superstitious, maybe, but combined with the lack of anything suspicious he'd done I wanted nothing to do with it.

Weeks' reasoning makes sense to me; I don't know about the TMT points, though. I don't remember anything Angua did yesterday whatsoever, but I am bored so I will look that up... Okay, a lot of posts, but mostly short and flavorspec. A deadline-vote on Az. Yeah... I think this was most probably a case of "kill someone who cannot possibly lead back to me". ("Or give the town any information whatsoever".)

Like I said, the second kill looks to me like the Ice Truck Killer, who would be an SK (unless, again, the SK-mafia idea is accurate... which I seriously don't know). >_> Alignment would probably be SK, but either way, we can pretty much confirm that role's in the game. It's the first kill that puzzles me... *maybe* Trinity, but that's iffy. Maybe it's our mafia-kill?

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:09 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:Maybe that explains the suspicious lack of an obvious Dexter-kill?

Dexter kills in a way that would be instantly recognizable by the flavor text ?
Actually, this raises an interesting hypothesis - if it is, indeed, Dexter, who couldn't get a kill, maybe his kills only go through if he hits a villain, so that quotes can be pulled from the TV series.

Hope I'm not metagaming too much.
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:08 pm UTC

Yeah, Dexter kills quite methodically. He knocks someone out, confronts them with their sins, gets a sample of their blood, then kills them and carefully dumps their bodies (or the parts thereof) in the bay. He is also (secretly) known as the "Bay Harbor Butcher" for this reason. How exactly this would manifest might be hard to say (probably a garbage bag being found, I'd assume), but beating the crap out of someone is absolutely not his style, and the second killing seems a lot more like his brother.

Wasn't going to draw that conclusion out loud, but yeah, Dexter only being able to kill bad guys/nontown seems more plausible now.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 am UTC

It makes sense to me that mafia kills would be more 'colourful' than normal, given the theme.

It also makes sense that Dexter's kill might only hit scum. If Weeks is lying it's a pretty bold move. It's impossible for us to disprove, given we don't know all the roles, and a pretty solid way to make yourself look innocent, because it makes so much sense. Weeks, is there anything else you can tell us?

Lynching a lurker is such an established tactic that I wouldn't be surprised if someone who voted for Felltir is scum. Looking over the player list, there are several players I have absolutely no impression of at all: Jar'O'Jam, Sir_Elderberry, Jebobek and brooklynxman. Time for a reread. That's all I've got for now.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

VectorZero

Postby VectorZero » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 am UTC

Sorry guys, I've been working all weekend and any spare time has gone to Dune Mafia. I don't have the energy to respond to events today, but I'll be back soon.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:15 pm UTC

ameretrifle wrote:Dexter only being able to kill bad guys/nontown seems more plausible now.

As someone said, this combination of vig/cop has most immediate implications for Weeks, but I don't know that we ought to put too much stock in it. (Though at this point, I feel like I trust Weeks, so the next few sentences aren't really directed at that particular claim.) First of all, we don't know that it works as a town-immune-NK. All we know is that (Weeks says that) someone attempted a kill on Weeks, which then failed. Perhaps this is part of Weeks's role that hasn't been revealed yet. Perhaps a roleblock, doctor, or other role was somehow involved in stopping the kill. All of these are consistent with "Dexter tried a kill, and the kill didn't go through"--and that's accepting the assumption that this is Dexter's kill. Even if Dexter's kill did work as a town-immune-NK, then I'd be wary of trusting it, at least in future days. In that case, it works as a private cop that the target gets to report, essentially. Putting too much faith in it could allow mafia to muddy the waters a lot by claiming to have been targeted by a failed kill if the flavor reflects that.

TL;DR: The story being told so far is plausible but by no means proven.

Well. You heard him.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

So, is everyone just going to wait until the deadline gets close before finally, reluctantly casting a vote? I really don't think that is the best way to play this game.

Also, I'm not going to bother sending out modprod PM's, but anyone who doesn't post at least once in the next 48 hours will be replaced (or modkilled if sufficient replacements cannot be found). So, if you are reading this, you should post something.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:24 pm UTC

Where are Brooklynxman, Azrael001, Jebobek and The Moo Prophet? Don't tell me they all got bored or "don't have enough time". Also I thought Dr Ug was coming back with more? And Krong...?

__jess wrote:Weeks, is there anything else you can tell us?
I refuse to say anything else until we get this game moving.

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

My suspicions thus far have not exactly been on-track. >_> I could make a list of who I trust, but that hardly seems wise. I am quite happy to harass Brook as a general policy. Az should probably be trying to be useful after nearly getting killed yesterday.

So we have one killer who killed someone as inconspicuous as possible, and another who killed someone who was under some suspicion. There's probably conclusions to be drawn there, I suppose...

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:54 pm UTC

"Probably", right? That doesn't really amount to much, unless you have evidence.
No, no evidence, other than role speculation (which amounts to nil, I suppose?). I can't really imagine what Cody's role might have been, though.
Oh, I just realized vanilla town is a possibility. Does anyone think that there's vanilla roles in this game? I had the impression that all roles had some kind of power, but it wasn't really based on anything.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:58 pm UTC

Tigerlion wrote:Oh, I just realized vanilla town is a possibility. Does anyone think that there's vanilla roles in this game? I had the impression that all roles had some kind of power, but it wasn't really based on anything.

Does this post ping a bit for anyone else? It seems like a way to make a claim without actually claiming anything, while simultaneously possibly a way to out any power roles we had.
FOS: Tigerlion

Well. You heard him.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm UTC

You are reading too much into my post.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:59 pm UTC

Tigerlion wrote:
No, no evidence, other than role speculation (which amounts to nil, I suppose?). I can't really imagine what Cody's role might have been, though.
Oh, I just realized vanilla town is a possibility. Does anyone think that there's vanilla roles in this game? I had the impression that all roles had some kind of power, but it wasn't really based on anything.
Apart from your claim of town power role that you just made.

So, weeks I think is at least being active, so of those I expressed suspicion of, that leaves VZ. I have reread, and he put forth a very strong argument for WWS, pulling the wagon away from Az. I must say, I didn't like the Az-wagon, so this part of his actions ping town to me. But before this, he was first to vote for me (felltir) for lurking, starting a wagon rolling (got to 4-5 votes IIRC). He didn't change this until I was replaced, even after the wagon started a'rollin.

Vote: VZ

It will also give us information about Az.

and ninja'd.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 pm UTC

EBWOP: ninja'd again.

The point is, you thought everyone had powers - which means you're either town power, or scum. Even if vanilla town exists (and I'm not going to speculate on that possibility), there is no way you could be vanilla town.

Tigerlion

Postby Tigerlion » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 pm UTC

Oh. Whoops.

Krong

Postby Krong » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 am UTC

Weeks wrote:Where [is] ... Krong...?
I refuse to say anything else until we get this game moving.

On the first, I'm sorry, might not have been specific enough. I have read through the thread all the way already, but it kind of got muddled together and I'll have to do so again in a few days to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Before I move onto the rest... regarding the second part, what? Does this mean you have more information to share, or just that you don't feel a need to post when there's little to respond to? I can understand the second, but not really the first.

Anyway,

So I mentioned in passing before that TheMooProphet has pinged me a bit. Looking back a bit, TMP lurked until the middle of the thread, then had a post (1) positing a role for Dexter. The rest of that post was a little annoying to me, as it was a quick rundown of certain things people had said without any real judgment about them.

But from then on, TMP's posts were (2) saying Az's mind-change post was somewhat off and that he was not to be trusted from meta, (3) saying Az is not to be trusted from meta, and (4) voting for Az (the second vote on him).

TMP, you might be referring to some game of yore with Az, but using meta of "he was untrustworthy that one time he was scum" is not helpful at all, especially when the only argument you've presented is "he changed his mind in that one post."

FoS: TheMooProphet

As for Tigon Liger Tigerlion's recent hijinks, well, he certainly hadn't left any tracks behind in his(?) previous posts. I think I agree with Dr Ug (and TL's "whoops") that he may have just outed himself as one of our power roles. We might consider whether it's worthwhile for him to fully claim at this point, though I think I'd argue it isn't. If he's a cop, for instance, mafia might make the mistake of leaving him alive thinking he's something much less helpful.

Going to review what all went on with yesterday's lynch and cast a vote in a few hours. If Dr Ug is trying to start a VZ wagon rolling, I'm thinking I'd be willing to jump aboard.

MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 am UTC

Vote Count
VectorZero - 1 vote (Dr Ug)

(8 votes needed to lynch, or minimum of 5 at deadline)

Deadline
Less than 5 days from now.

Players who will be removed from game if they do not post in next 42 hours:

Azrael001
Brooklynxman
Jar'O'Jam
Jebobek
Overbored
The Mighty Thesaurus
The Moo Prophet
VectorZero

Edit: updated list
Last edited by MasterOfAll on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
(not funny, but true)
(ditto for this one)

Return to “Mafia”