Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
Misnomer wrote:e_e, why on earth did you cop claim???

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's prolonged sleep deprivation. I'd normally claim Day 2 because I generally think it's smart to claim sooner rather than later as a cop, generally soon so you can be protected and openly dispense helpful info. I think when I was actually posting I was feeling more pressure to claim based on what I was trying to get across about the badness of emotion-claiming. I was worried what I was saying didn't make sense and needed to be substantiated with a deeper claim? Now I've re-read it I guess it is not so evident, and was probably largely in my head. But that's the thing when you've got a secret, huh? The walls are full of spies, or something. I think I'm going to try and slow down a bit so I can be a better player.


I'll buy it *coughAlicewhereIfedupworsecough*
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Elvish Pillager » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 pm UTC

mpolo, a vote for me is a vote for No Lynch. Sure, my presence gives the scum an advantage if it comes down to two townies, two scum, and me, but guess what? Scum have an advantage in three town vs. two scum, too. Like I said before, I'm nearly irrelevant when there's an even number of players, and we have no idea yet how many kills per night there will be. If there's a one-shot kill and one kill per night, we'll be at even numbers every day, so I'll be entirely harmless - and Silknor claims to be aiming for "slightly more than one death a day", so that may very well be the setup. The tactical implications of my presence at the endgame - if we even reach the endgame - are far from clear, and I hardly think you should be foregoing your chance to hit scum at this stage.

existential_elevator, you shouldn't claim who you're going to target. Even if you're not scum and the scum believe that there might be a doctor to protect you, the scum are more likely to be able to make you useless and scummy-looking by killing your planned target.

I'm still waiting for a response from MartinW.

Ninja'd by Misnomer bringing out the big guns against _infina_. It's a pretty convincing argument. _infina_'s vote against Krong doesn't sit too well with me either, since they gave no reason to pick Krong over any of the other players on Lataro's wagon, and it wasn't early enough in the day for the normal random or unexplained votes.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 pm UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:existential_elevator, you shouldn't claim who you're going to target. Even if you're not scum and the scum believe that there might be a doctor to protect you, the scum are more likely to be able to make you useless and scummy-looking by killing your planned target.


I can fix that if you want, but it would take a partial roleclaim, and we have had more then enough of those today.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Lataro » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:54 am UTC

First things first.

New table:
Spoiler:
Image


Note: Infina has suggested being happy, but hasn't claimed it outright, thus I've excluded it til it is made explicit.

DL and djkjr: Your next post better include the following: yay or nay on any posting/voting restrictions, and emotion sent.

Barring those two, every else except rrwoods and dr ug have answered that question. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not claim what you sent. It tells absolutely nothing at all about your role, just a potential role for someone else. Worth noting, two people more than happy to lynch/bandwagon me, they totally don't look scummy at all!

As to people complaining about not wanting to claim the emotion received, namely BigNose, rrwoods, mavketl, and our two lurkers from above (I am excluding infina for the moment since he has implied his, but I don't want to be presumptuous and say he has claimed it.) Fine. Mavketl is the only one that has given a good reason, and so I'll let that lay for her. To the other two, BN has claimed so damned much and in such detail on his role and his struggle with the mod in dealing with it, it just seems illogical for him not to of claimed this, and as for rrwoods, well, he's up above with Dr Ug on being the only hard head to not claim what he sent. That with his bandwagoning makes me unlikely to shed a tear if we lynch him.

As for e_e's role claim. I know you've come to realize what a massive epic fail mistake you've made, IF you are telling the truth, but damn, I have no possible clue what you were thinking. How does snarky in any way at all make someone go, "gee, snarky, that MUST be a rolecop, it just has to! The connection is so massively overwhelming!"? I REALLY have no clue at all why you thought that and am suspicious of your claim, as it makes absolutely no sense in any way why you'd think that or end up doing it at all.

So to people bandwagoning me. I'm not too phased considering two of them (Dr Ug and rrwoods) are being the most illogical and anti-town thus far.

Due to the talk about it, any townie who has false claimed what emotion they sent in, I strongly urge you to rectify this here and now, because if we end up with a complete list of what was sent in, and someone down the road claims something not on the list, get's lynched, and was telling the truth and was town, it'll be solely on your head that it happened. Further, as the field narrows, it could make you look very scummy if no one has claimed the emotion you sent.

Mod: Can we get a prod on djkjr? His last post was Tuesday morning.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 am UTC

Prod sent.

I really like the chart Lataro, and think it's good for the game. If you die you should totally join as co-mod :)
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:11 am UTC

Are you trying to say I've not been helpful enough :cry:

I'm sowwry.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 am UTC

EH you've been great! And once you learn how to count to 5 (something I've struggled with in the past :D) you'll be perfect! <3

But neither of us could create and maintain a chart like that without appearance of bias/intervention.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Dark Loink
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Upriver

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:09 am UTC

Oh, I have no posting or voting restrictions.
I don't play by those rules. 8)
Also, I sent in shameful. Something nobody has claimed yet, which is interesting.
Wait, I'm amorous, which krong sent. Hence the love poems, so I guess I do have a restriction.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby _infina_ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 am UTC

Silknor wrote:Prod sent.

I really like the chart Lataro, and think it's good for the game. If you die you should totally join as co-mod :)

Yay, maybe now we won't have any lurkers.
I am excessively happy. I have a restriction of a sort, but it is not a voting restriction, and should not hamper the town in any way. I am also a big cat. My reason for choosing Krong out of the others who were voting for Lataro at the time was because he seemed like the most nit-picky of any of the voters. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with an e_e lynch, but I can't really pull anything coherent out of his posts.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby MartinW » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:06 am UTC

Elvish Pillager wrote:I'm still waiting for a response from MartinW.

MartinW wrote:
Evilish_Pillager wrote:MartinW, do you mean that, if you use your ability, you can only vote if the mods set a deadline, and then only in the 24 hours directly before the deadline?


Actually I'm not sure. I assumed as in a normal turbo, that this game has a time limit on day from the start of the day, but I can't find one. Maybe we'll start getting them after D1.


I'm here, but I'm a bit short for time. A player or two is pinging me a bit, and I'll try to do a write-up of them later the day.

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Krong » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:14 am UTC

Been waiting since about one minute after my last post to get this off my chest: Sorry for the bold in my previous post making it harder to scan for votes.

Also I think I should clarify that the player opinions after the "oops I'm running out of time" comment were not very well thought-out, but quick impressions. I wasn't spending any more than 3 minutes per person at that point... in all honesty I probably should have stopped then rather than do a rush job. I did look far enough that none of the players looked like to me to be better candidates than Lataro or Evilish_Pillager, though.

mpolo wrote:To Krong: The only reason I've posted so often about my restriction is because I kept getting asked to clarify it. I was originally going to try to not claim it at all, but I figured after the 3rd or 4th vote of the day, I'd be accused of vote-hopping and be lynched in a trice. In any case, my current plan is to get all the votes done early in the day so that I can participate normally.

OK, fair point.

Brooklynxman wrote:Krong- I asked you to animal claim?

BXM wrote:What sleeps all day: Koala's right?

In the meantime, I'd like to point out we have the usual scum-lying deficit of pyp claims.

That's what I was reading this as, but if you were asking for an emotion claim, I guess you missed the italics.

_infina_ wrote:Vote: Krong

Why would Lataro threaten a lynch on anyone if he cant follow through? He cannot be the first to cast a vote on someone or hammer. the votes on Lataro are looking more and more like scum joining a bandwagon because the reasons are starting to gain incredible errors. I am 99% sure Lataro is town. My top three picks for scum are Krong, e_e, and BN right now. for a fourth scum, I am leaning towards martin.

Err.. OMGUS FoS: Infina here. If I think Lataro is scum, it stands to reason that I think he may be lying about his vote restriction. Also, you later accuse me of being nitpicky. If that was in reference to Lataro (and not the afore-mentioned rushed opinions), I don't see how I am:

There's been a lot of argument about Lataro's scumminess that's based on his opinions about emotion massclaiming. But my point isn't the argument itself is scummy when I say he looks that way -- I don't doubt that we have townies on both sides of the issue. My point is the way he's arguing is itself suspect. I don't know, maybe that Dethy comparision pinged me a lot harder than it pinged anyone else, but he should be well aware that it's a nuanced issue to make claims when we're not sure yet how powers are tied into them, even if half the players had already claimed. Saying that it's really simple and forces scum into a corner just doesn't tell the whole story, as keeping town power roles safe (especially if we have a likely vig, as BXM said) is something we give up in the process.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 am UTC

I was guessing at your animal, not asking for a claim. I thought the field was narrowed to a few animals, but then someone pointed out its more likely your emotion ("punctual") then your animal.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:45 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Screw it. I sent in righteously vengeful. That is why I strongly believe there is a vigilante in the game.
This could also be turned into the Player MUST always vote for the first player, or ANY player that votes for him.

Misnomer wrote:2) with characteristic claims, there is at least a disincentive for scum to lie, as actions sent must match actions recieved. However, there is no such disincentive with regards to animal claims, as scum could lie and never get caught.
I disagree. As I have stated before, I sent in MOODY, but I could easily see that being converted into Bi-Polar.

Lataro wrote:To the other two, BN has claimed so damned much and in such detail on his role and his struggle with the mod in dealing with it, it just seems illogical for him not to of claimed this,
As I have said, I agree with you that pushing for this information is not bad, it produces discussion which is ALWAYS a good thing for Town. I have also stated that I will state my emotion, when I see it being stated as being sent in, the reason is as I stated in response to Misnomers post. And the reason I have claimed so much about my restriction is to ensure that it is clear. Too many times I see, Ooooh he lied about his ability, thus he is Scum because of the changing of the story, so I have tried to make sure that all of my tribulations (with the MOD) are in the open.

In fact, having looked at the Table, NO-ONE has claimed the emotion I sent in and the emotion I have, is not on the list. This fits in even more with my response to Misnomers post.

Amorous
Surprised
Sanguine
Excessive happiness (Infina??)
Content/peaceful/serene
Moody
These are the 6 (5) that have been sent in and not been claimed.
BXM's Riteously Vengeful has been changed to Avenging (unless there is not a full-claim by Misnomer)

FOAT has claimed Level-headed.
Krong has claimed Punctual
Greenlover has claimed Content
BXM has claimed Bi-polar
As yet, these haven't been claimed as sent in, although I realise there are outstanding claims.
Only 4 emotions have yet to be claimed as having sent it.

I haven't seen a vote on DJkjr and because I also haven't seen anything from him and because (hopefully) he will be ModKilled:
Vote: DJkjr
Unvote


I am ashamed to say that I still gotta decide on who to vote propa!
I don't like seeing these I think he's Townie but . . . . votes occurring.
If you think they're Townie, don't vote on them, unless there is a MASS of wine about them.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am UTC

EBWOP I missed this.
Dark Loink wrote:Oh, I have no posting or voting restrictions.
I don't play by those rules. 8)
Also, I sent in shameful. Something nobody has claimed yet, which is interesting.
Wait, I'm amorous, which krong sent. Hence the love poems, so I guess I do have a restriction.
I did actually breadcrumb it in my last post, but my received emotion was ASHAMED.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:25 am UTC

I'm voting for Elvish_Pillager only as long as I don't see a real scummy person. As he's claimed independent with a very dangerous restriction as we have less and less people (it's not 100%, as he says -- he can choose not to post to avoid bandwagoning a supposed townie, but as an independent, he can presumably win with scum, so he is not terribly motivated to sacrifice an easy win like that).

E_e's roleclaim is not terribly wise at the moment -- I certainly would never have connected "snarky" with being a cop. (Unless the snark were a Boojum, of course… Oops, sorry, wrong flavor. We totally need a "Hunting of the Snark" mafia, though.) Nonetheless, I think it was an error.

Lataro points a finger at Dr Ug and rrwoods, which might be a good direction for analysis.

Misnomer has an interesting argument about _infina_ as well. I need to look there as well.

I unfortunately have some work to do, and will have to wait on looking into those three leads.

(Sorry, this post is in a certain sense just collecting my thoughts into one spot.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Misnomer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:48 am UTC

BigNose wrote:BXM's Riteously Vengeful has been changed to Avenging (unless there is not a full-claim by Misnomer)

Just to clarify this point: in my role pm I was described as rightously vengeful on one occasion, and avenging on another. Due to formatting problems with the PM, it wasn't clear to me which was my official characteristic.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Right, Lataro's last post makes me rethink him being scum. He's not scum, he's just playing this game wrong.

Unvote.

Also, people other than Lataro have convinced me this is a good idea:

I sent in "Level-headed/calm".
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 pm UTC

EBWOP: I shouldn't say "wrong", I should say "badly".
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 pm UTC

Misnomer has made a good argument for lynching infina, he did seem rather defensive about his emotion.

Of course there is an elegant irony in a 'excessively happy' murderer. the same kind of irony exists in Misnomers case as well. It would also be quite ironic if the righteous avenger is mafia. Still because the emotions were assigned randomly it would seem unfair to lynch on the basis of irony. Thanks for raising the point that there will be more than one NK as you can all tell I'm pretty new to the forum and mafia games in general.

E_P does make a good point in lynching him is about as useful as making a no lynch (we don't lose a townie either way, which is where my logic stands).

Unvote Elvish Pillager

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:43 pm UTC

Votals:
roband (1): roband
Elvish Pillager (2): Brooklynxman, mpolo
Lataro (3): Dr Ug, Krong, Elvish Pillager
Krong (1): _infina_
_infina_ (1): Misnomer

21 Players, 11 to lynch

Deadline Sat. 12:00PM EST. ~18 Hours
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Elvish Pillager » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:12 pm UTC

Gosh, guys, if we don't want to lynch Lataro, we've only got 18 hours to come up with an alternative!

So, how about rrwoods? First they voted for Lataro without much reason when the Lataro wagon was rolling, now they take their vote off without much reason now that the "No wait let's not lynch Lataro" wagon is rolling. They've done nothing to convince me that they're town.

Finger of I Wish I Could Vote For You Just About Now: rrwoods
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 pm UTC

I just did a reread of the last few pages. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, and thought I had already claimed the emotion I sent in (I was against a mass-received-emotion / animal claim rather than sent-in-emotions). I sent in Punctual.

I don't like E_P's arguments against lynching (?)her. It is not as useless as NL. It removes a potentially dangerous role, and also you could be lying about being independent, and actually be scum. But even if you're not, at LYLO, you will probably vote with the scum in order to get your win condition.

That being said, lataro has still not answered my questions, so my vote stays.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
Elvish Pillager
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Elvish Pillager » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:07 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I don't like E_P's arguments against lynching (?)her. It is not as useless as NL. It removes a potentially dangerous role, and also you could be lying about being independent, and actually be scum. But even if you're not, at LYLO, you will probably vote with the scum in order to get your win condition.

Okay, jeez, lynching me isn't exactly the same as NL. The reasons are the same, though. Lynching me gives you no chance to hit scum, and it gives you less information than you would get otherwise. I guess that doesn't apply if you still think I'm lying scum, but I think that's a bit of a stretch even from your perspective.

Dr Ug wrote:(?)her

Asking what pronoun to use for me? I prefer gender-neutral pronouns like "they" or "ze", but I don't mind if you call me "he" or "she".
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:19 am UTC

whee! Using the author/thread search info from discussion, I was able to search your posts and look for what question you are referring to, since I didn't recall one.

I can only assume you mean this:
I just don't see how it helps us find scum though. Do we think there's some link between emotions and alignment? I must say I can't think of any emotions that *must* be scum... and given the unrelatedness of the emotions and animals (at least in my case anyway), I would have thought these were randomly allocated (in fact I think the Mod has even said as much).


which I told you to read what I had said, which was...

After thinking more on it, I think it is imperative that everyone claim their emotion sent, and emotion received today. Scum don't have day chat, and thus can't coordinate a false claim. As it stands, if we force everyone to claim before they can talk, it'd be suicide for them to lie since they couldn't coordinate a way to do it collectively.

...

Now, I'm not saying people should claim the effect of their received role, unless it is a restriction of some sort, which along the same lines as above, should be done before scum get a chance to talk things over privately.


I never said there was a link, however I don't dismiss the idea either. I can think of several emotions that could be scum, like, I dunno, if someone had sent in the emotion "scummy" that might be worth trying to find out who has it. I also never suggested any link between animals and emotions. I'm not going to get into that subject any more than that at this time though.

The whole point is, if we have a complete list, we can know that no one has lied, and if it looks like someone did lie, we can catch them fairly easily. At this point, we are just missing djkjr's sent emotion. Lets take a look at the list now...

The following emotions are unclaimed but confirmed sent in.

Moody
sanguine
surprised
shameful

The following emotions are claimed but not confirmed sent in.

bipolar
ashamed

Now, it is possible as pointed out before, that bipolar could be a mod interpretation of moody, I'd ask brook to check his PM like misnomer did to see if the word moody is used at all in it. Likewise for BigNose and shameful.

Lets assume those two are both as claimed. That leaves us with Mavketl, rrwoods, and djkjr having unclaimed emotions at this time, and only sanguine and surprised, and djkjr's mystery emotion left between them. We can assume that djkjr did not receive his emotion sent. This means he is either sanguine or surprised. We can try and piece things together if and after he claims, but without that info, we are in the dark on what the other two could be. What if he did send in "scummy" or "evil" or "malicious" or something to that effect. That info would be very useful to be able to pin to a specific player. As time goes on, I am stuck doing this.

Vote: EP

Because no one has voted for rrwoods or Dr Ug, both of which, especially rrwoods, I'd be happy with seeing lynched. Of the other choices I have, I wouldn't be against a Krong lynch since he has, in my view, competely misrepresented my position and my words, however, the reasons I stated earlier in the day for an EP lynch still stand, mostly based around him being a survivor and a liability, and as day is ending, a better lynch choice than me. If people wake up and get things going, I'd switch my vote to rrwoods in a heartbeat if I were allowed to do so.

Oh, for everyone's convince, the updated table:

Spoiler:
Image
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby _infina_ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:40 am UTC

Because I am more sure of Lataro being town than EP being town at this point, I will
unvote
vote: EP
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Krong » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 am UTC

Lataro wrote:I wouldn't be against a Krong lynch since he has, in my view, competely misrepresented my position and my words,

I find it rather interesting that really the only people you are suspicious of are people who've voted for you. Also, that this is your only defence against my feeling you were being dishonest in your arguments, even after I've given a specific example of how:
Lataro wrote:if town lies about anything, they are at fault for hurting the town in this situation.

It's the same idea as dethy, cops (town) should always claim the truth so that if (when) scum lies, it's easier to catch them. I'd be thrilled if two people claimed the same emotion, I'd love a 50/50 shot at lynching scum!

And I could quote half a dozen posts where you single out people demanding claims or else you'd lynch them. (Threats you haven't followed through on, though for obvious reasons of self-preservation.)

But if you're town and just trying to push us despite debate... I mean, don't you remember what happened when we were scum in traitor mafia and you pushed a full claim in scumchat? Despite us making similar arguments that it could get our power role killed? And we indeed got our vanguard killed because you were so damn sure of yourself that you voted for him?

(Sigh... I'm not even sure which position I'm taking on this claim debate anymore, just that oversimplifying as you're constantly doing is wrong.)

At this point looks like we're heading toward an EP lynch, which I'm fine with given his voting restriction and his at least not being town. But I'm leaving my vote where it is, because you still haven't convinced me of your townieness. (And yes, before you say so, we did win Traitor Mafia, but only barely, with the help of lurkers.)

I haven't used up my exemption for the day, so I may be able to get on here tomorrow and change my vote if necessary. But yeah, I don't see you finding a way to convince me to change my vote, unless it's necessary to avoid a nolynch.

Sorry, I may have missed this: What are the rules for lynching at deadline?

(Getting a bit confused between the games I'm in, I know this was answered recently in one, but I don't think it was this one.)

As for other things... I don't like rrwoods' sudden unvote. I still don't like infina's vote for me. And I find it a bit ridiculous how few people are keeping up with this game appropriately. (Since I'm posting exactly once a RL day, and everyone's supposed to be posting that much or more, it becomes obvious how many people aren't keeping up when you see the number of posts between two of mine.)

(I just noticed I'm using a lot of parentheses in this post (and no, it's not a post restriction (though it certainly could be a fun one (IMO.))))
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:42 am UTC

Hmm... I kind of had convinced myself that an _infina_ lynch was the right thing to do (because of the line "it's obvious that happy people can't be scum. I'm so happy, don't you know"). However, it may be too late to change my initial vote and not cause a no-lynch due to insufficient votes. Being Saturday, I'm probably going to try to get outside, so I may not be back in time to review this.

Since I'm still convinced that EP is dangerous in the long run, it's probably not so bad that we lynch him. I guess I'll stay put unless something major happens before deadline (and I happen to get online to check).
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Mavketl » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 am UTC

BigNose wrote:I did actually breadcrumb it in my last post, but my received emotion was ASHAMED.
Can you point that out for me? (I'm not seeing it, but I'm probably being stupid.)


Anyway, as you might've noticed somewhere else (like on the sign-up list!), I'll be out of town for a couple of days. I'll be back November 16 late at night, with likely no internet access in the mean time.

For lack of a better target:

Vote: Elvish_Pillager

(I feel kind of bad about it, since I'm not sure they would've been a big threat in the early stage of the game... but it's better than leaving without casting a vote.)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:52 am UTC

Back with a more measured post.
Krong wrote:I find it rather interesting that really the only people you are suspicious of are people who've voted for you. Also, that this is your only defence against my feeling you were being dishonest in your arguments, even after I've given a specific example of how:
Lataro wrote:
if town lies about anything, they are at fault for hurting the town in this situation.

It's the same idea as dethy, cops (town) should always claim the truth so that if (when) scum lies, it's easier to catch them. I'd be thrilled if two people claimed the same emotion, I'd love a 50/50 shot at lynching scum!

And I could quote half a dozen posts where you single out people demanding claims or else you'd lynch them.

This really rings true to me, and sums up a lot of what makes me feel really uncomfortable about Lataro.
Lataro wrote:Lets assume those two are both as claimed. That leaves us with Mavketl, rrwoods, and djkjr having unclaimed emotions at this time, and only sanguine and surprised, and djkjr's mystery emotion left between them. We can assume that djkjr did not receive his emotion sent. This means he is either sanguine or surprised. We can try and piece things together if and after he claims, but without that info, we are in the dark on what the other two could be. What if he did send in "scummy" or "evil" or "malicious" or something to that effect.
I really, really, really don't think that there is going to be such a simplistic connection between emotions and alignment. Perhaps it's a nice theory to toy with, but we should have all just nodded and said "that's a nice theory" then got on with discussing more useful strategies; or, indeed, any other town strategies. I do tend to prefer strategy talk on Day 1 since the kind of contributions you get will give you good clues later on when more becomes apparent. However, I am for now going to trust what other people have been saying about your meta, Lataro, even though I hate playing by meta. And I mean hate. I'll be keeping my eye on you.

The arguments for an EP lynch are largely that they'll be no use come the end-game. This is true. It could also be true that, strategically, scum are unlikely to pick them off for us (as they could be a potential ally). It is also the case that they could be bluffing and have an SK role (to me, an indy survivor can often mean an SK). In effect, an EP lynch guarantees we won't hit town and also has a small chance of hitting an SK, so it is pretty sensible.

Vote: Elvish Pillager

However, I think there is a pretty good case for keeping an eye on _infinia_, rrwoods, and Dr. Ug. They are people we should be keeping an eye on tomorrow. For sake of argument, I will keep my target this evening a secret.... but before I can be of any use in that category *clears throat*

rrwoods wrote:Wait, "modly wrath"? I have to re-read stuff all the time, but who said anything about "modly wrath"? Many apologies in advance if this is simple ignorance, but I honestly can't find anyone mentioning a mod penalty for mass-claiming. Or am I completely misunderstanding what you're saying there?

No, you're just blind and stupid. Ever heard of the page back button? Ever tried using control+F in your browser? Come back when you actually know how to use a computer, you lazy half-wit. I've seen better investigative skills in an episode of Rugrats.

Dr Ug wrote:I just did a reread of the last few pages. I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, and thought I had already claimed the emotion I sent in (I was against a mass-received-emotion / animal claim rather than sent-in-emotions). I sent in Punctual.

I don't like E_P's arguments against lynching (?)her. It is not as useless as NL. It removes a potentially dangerous role, and also you could be lying about being independent, and actually be scum. But even if you're not, at LYLO, you will probably vote with the scum in order to get your win condition.

That being said, lataro has still not answered my questions, so my vote stays.

Didn't you even understand EP's vote restriction? They can't side with anyone, they just have to vote for whoever has the most votes. They don't get a damn choice in the matter. All they can do is jump on the bandwagon! They cannot be volitionally scum-allied, it will just have to happen that way. The best they could do is withhold their choice. Try re-reading the last few pages a bit harder next time, and actually think through what you're postulating. Also, the idea of scum trying to pass off as indy is damn stupid, especially on day 1. Frankly, EP was dumb to claim anyway, and they'd have been better off defending themselves later in the game if they wanted to live (that's why I think jester, by the way). You, sir, are a poor Doctor of anything, and are fit only to "ug" much like a cave-man.

_infina_ wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote: Lataro hasn't listed the vote-restriction part of this claim in their claim list.

it is on there, just not in as much detail. I am quite happy, as several of you have guessed, but I really shouldn't have to say it.

My theory about the state of mind the animal is in having more to to with alignment than the animal chosen is because it would fit with the flavor. Why would the happy and content want to kill? It makes no sense. the bitter and other bad temperaments would most likely be scum. We could ask the mods about such a theory, but I bet it wouldn't get us anywhere.
My dear fellow, you really can't think of why someone happy would want to kill? Maybe you lack imagination, or maybe you're just covering up for yourself. Didn't you ever think of a happy tiger who was just so damn happy to see you that he accidentally your face off? Didn't you think of a townie who was bitter because they weren't part of the cool kids' mason group? Being town doesn't make you happy, and being scum doesn't make you unhappy. Saying that is just a way of justifying a damn pathetic lynch target later on, it's like you have an agenda or you're really really hoping to cover your own tracks and throw blame elsewhere. Think outside the box, man. In a closed set-up we're never going to get anywhere if you think based on pre-schooler stereotypes. C'mon, I've seen more imagination on a McDonald's menu.

...

Hopefully that'll do it.

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby MartinW » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:09 pm UTC

OK, Finally here, and reread time. But first, I do not think lynching Evilish_Pillager is a good idea. It's far too easy a lynch for scum to bandwagon on, without providing much information. I'd much prefer it if our (possible) vig NK'd him. Or, if we don't have a vig, at least wait a little until we can get a way of killing him that doesn't involve wasting a day (invention perhaps? [Silknor did say we had something similar to an inventor]). Besides that, it's also a good way of not wasting a vig kill. If a townie gets vig killed by accident it provides no information, as opposed to a townie lynched, so it's a much preferable situation to have the vig kill someone who is guaranteed anti-town and lynch the possible anti-town. That said, I do agree that an EP lynch is better than a NL.

That said, now for a reread to find some possible anti-town.
_infinia_ is pinging me a lot.
Why would Lataro threaten a lynch on anyone if he cant follow through? He cannot be the first to cast a vote on someone or hammer. the votes on Lataro are looking more and more like scum joining a bandwagon because the reasons are starting to gain incredible errors. I am 99% sure Lataro is town. My top three picks for scum are Krong, e_e, and BN right now. for a fourth scum, I am leaning towards martin.

This sounds extremely like distancing to me. I think he saw two of his fellow mafia vote for Lataro and was scared the mafia was acting too much in unison, so he decided to distance himself and went overboard. Also, surety of townness, mafia know exactly who the non-mafia are, so they can be 99% sure a lot more often than townies can. It's also a common mafia technique. Attach yourself to a townie and defend them.
Vote: _infinia_

PS. E_E, that was some serious snarkyness. I'm impressed.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Silknor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 pm UTC

Djkjr has requested a replacement in Zoo Mafia! If you sub in I'll even let you pick an animal!...And then you'll get his.

Anyway, as you might've noticed somewhere else (like on the sign-up list!), I'll be out of town for a couple of days. I'll be back November 16 late at night, with likely no internet access in the mean time.


Per an arrangement made before the signup, Mavketl is temporary frozen out of the game. Her vote and night action (if she has one) will both count. For all other purposes she doesn't exist starting now, and lasting until she returns in 3ish days. This means she will be immune to Night Actions and lynches until she returns and either posts or PMs me (I'll post when this happens). The number of players to lynch will be calculated without her.

Sorry, I may have missed this: What are the rules for lynching at deadline?

Standard, with no minimum for a lynch to be valid. Plurality gets it at dead line, with ties being broken by randoming.

Votals:
roband (1): roband
Elvish Pillager (6): Brooklynxman, mpolo, Lataro, infina, Mavketl, e_e,
Lataro (3): Dr Ug, Krong, Elvish Pillager
_infina_ (2): Misnomer, MartinW

21 Players, 11 to lynch

Deadline Sat. 12:00PM EST. ~3 Hours
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

As I said above, I'm actually starting to feel more comfortable with an _infina_ lynch than an Elvish Pillager one. I still worry about the endgame, but the need for real information is at this point much stronger than the need for clearing up future wine.

The main reason for this vote was his post trying to deflect attention from himself by citing his emotion. "I'm happy! I can't be bad!"

Unvote

Vote: _infina_
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby BigNose » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:52 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:The following emotions are unclaimed but confirmed sent in.

Moody
sanguine
surprised
shameful

The following emotions are claimed but not confirmed sent in.

bipolar
ashamed

Now, it is possible as pointed out before, that bipolar could be a mod interpretation of moody, I'd ask brook to check his PM like misnomer did to see if the word moody is used at all in it. Likewise for BigNose and shameful.
Yep, your right, The first emotion word is shameful.

I sort of looked over the back and forths here and Lataro is just mainly collecting emotions and really also needs to ensure collection of 'limitations'. It seems an emotion may not reflect an emotion.

Krong is being attacked becasue of his vent against Lataro. I don't think that's a bad thing atm and worth reviewing tomorrow.

Infina is being pinged on for what? I am not sure at the moment, so that needs another review.

However, it is E_P that my vote goes on, because as this is the first day, we have no guidance as to if he does or does not make a kill. Maybe if this occurred on D2 or even D3, then we would have some form of basis of NK's to determine it on. But the unknown of a SK is too strong against the current arguments.

Vote E_P


PS @Misnomer: You can't find my emotion in this post http://forums.xkcd.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=53&t=65778#pr2386550. Try line 3 from last.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby Silknor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:17 pm UTC

Following the procedures from the oral histories, the participants covered their eyes with their arms and raised their tails to vote. This lasted about 5 minutes before they realized they couldn't count the votes without being able to see them. So they appointed an official vote counter, an Emperor Penguin. After all, he was dressed to impress. And nothing is more impressive than being able to count past 1, 2, and many all the way up to super many and mega many.

The Emperor Penguin added up the votes and announced the results:
"One vote for roband!
Wholebuncha votes for EP!
Many votes for Lataro!
Many votes for Infina!

EP wins! Everyone congratulate him! YAYYYY!"

The rest of the animals looked at each other and thought that the somber nature of this moment was kind of ruined by the cheerful attitude of this evil penguin. But the histories did say that voting should bring great happiness. And so they got over their discomfort and did a conga line for a few minutes. That probably would've been easier and safer if they were roughly the same size.

The Emperor Penguin announced the punishment:
"Now EP! You must go the way of yourself!


Elvish PIllager has been lynched. It is now Night 1.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 1-Cheerful MC Penguin

Postby rrwoods » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 pm UTC

Ironically enough I think e_e's blatant attack on me makes me think he's town.

As for all this claiming hullabaloo... I will say this much about my role: I couldn't claim right now even if I wanted to. Some of the mechanics of my role are intentionally hidden, even to me.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 1-Cheerful MC Penguin

Postby Lataro » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:30 pm UTC

dude, it's night, shut up about the game. :P
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 1-Cheerful MC Penguin

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:37 pm UTC

The cool breeze from the nearby bay blew over the Zoo. The breeze was not alone in visitors returning from the vast sea to the little zoo. But you can't blame them for liking to sleep in the cool embrace of the sea's numerous tides.

As the sun rose, the exotic scent of a roasted bird long thought extinct filled the zoo. What many a chef would give to work with meat this exotic! But what do animals care for fine seasonings and sauces?

The informal leader, the Emperor Penguin rounded up those still sleeping and brought them back to sitting cross-legged on their tables. In an overly excited tone: he announced:

"Elvish Pillager is dead! DEAD! Oh...you already knew that...right...
But guess what! Misnomer is DEAD TOO! YAY! Let's dance on the grave we'll never make for him!"

More and more, the surviving animals wondered why they ever appointed this sadistic penguin as MC.

But the Penguin did point out something useful: "There seems to be a large trough of food in the center of our circle! Dropped from above, no doubt!


Elvish Pillager has been lynched. He was the Distracted Dodo. Survivor.
Misnomer has been nightkilled by the Mafia. He was the Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal. Town Vigilante.


Full Roles of the deceased:
Spoiler:
Distracted Dodo-Survivor : ) . I’ve got good news, bad news, and really bad news for you. The bad news is you can’t fly. If only you could fly! You could escape this Zoo and go far away. But alas, you’re just a penguin without cold-weather clothing. The good news is you don’t have to be the last one alive to win. If you can make it into the Final Four, that’s a full win for you. Savory Seven gives you half credit. Now for the really bad news. You’re easily distracted. Shiny things and bandwagons grab your attention and you just can’t let go till you see something shinier or bandwagonier (more bandwagony? What would an extinct bird know about artificial words anyway, English was way different back then!) Back on track (luckily I’m slightly less distracted than you): By the end of each post, you must be voting for whoever currently has the most votes on them, excluding your vote. If there’s a tie, you can pick between the leading contenders. You can never unvote without casting a new vote. You must make at least one post per full real world day (the day starts when the morning news post goes up). Content isn’t required, just the vote.

Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal- http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/un ... rwhal2.jpg

You are the Avenging Narwhal Playset (you were the second player to submit plain old wolf, sorry! But not really, this is more awesome than a wolf). Back when you were in the shelter, you felt like the Ugly Duckling. Everything else would get adopted, but no one would give you a second glance. As you grew up things changed. No, you didn’t suddenly become valued by society like the Ugly Duckling. Instead, you grew a TUSK! An awesome tusk to impale cute things with. And so you dedicated yourself to eliminating those who wronged you in the past. You are a Vigilante and win with the town. But you can only kill people who have made you think: OMGUS! Valid targets for your NK are anyone who has voted for you, FoS’d you, etc. Also valid is anyone mentions koala, seal (noun form only), or penguin. If you see these, PM us so we can put them on the list of acceptable targets.

Little did I expect, the Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal would read the flavor! Oh crap, I said penguin in it! I received this PM from him:
Silknor mentioned a penguin. Impale silknor.



...or failing that, no kill. :P


Here's what I posted in the spoiler thread (and PM'd to misnomer)
So I just got impaled by the Avenging Narwhal Playset for mentioning a penguin. Yes, this really is the core of an actual role.

The Narwhal will be taking over as mod. Because I'm not overly pleased with getting impaled by a magical narwhal tusk, I'm not going to give the new mod any of the role assignments or descriptions. Good luck modding without them!

In news entirely unrelated to my pettiness and strange mod rules, the quality of modding in Zoo Mafia is expected to suffer somewhat.

Ok, only one thing in this post was true.


It is now day 2. 19 players remain, but with Mavketl frozen for a bit longer and djkjr seeking replacement, it'll only be 9 to lynch. The time cap on today is 80 hours.

That puts the end at Wednesday, 10:30 PM EST.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 1-Cheerful MC Penguin

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

A food trough has appeared in the center of town. Any player may eat from it by indicating they wish to in bold text. I don't intend to answer any questions about this except to say:
1. It's an invention.
2. It won't kill or affect you in anyway, but it's not irrelevant to the game.
3. It'll only be here for 24 hours, at which point its role will become slightly more clear.


A modly voice comes from above, it's an Oracle result on DarkLoink!
Avast ye Dogs! Landlubbers due ahoy!
A role is not a straitjacket o'er days
The man you spot, today he is so coy
The setting sun but adds to my vast ways

Set sail we do away from this here zoo
Forget me not, oh you who lights my heart
Return with Eastern treasures, yes I do
To you I'll write, of my life a la carte

My eyes they see, the paths they walk tonight
A humble glow: emit I do, for you
Put music on, set our room now just right
One day my love, oh will we leave this zoo?

I have no choice but to just love and grow
With me won't you now share a fine bordeuax?
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 1-Cheerful MC Penguin

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:A food trough has appeared in the center of town. Any player may eat from it by indicating they wish to in bold text. I don't intend to answer any questions about this except to say:
1. It's an invention.
2. It won't kill or affect you in anyway, but it's not irrelevant to the game.
3. It'll only be here for 24 hours, at which point its role will become slightly more clear.


A modly voice comes from above, it's an Oracle result on DarkLoink!
Avast ye Dogs! Landlubbers due ahoy!
A role is not a straitjacket o'er days
The man you spot, today he is so coy
The setting sun but adds to my vast ways

Set sail we do away from this here zoo
Forget me not, oh you who lights my heart
Return with Eastern treasures, yes I do
To you I'll write, of my life a la carte

My eyes they see, the paths they walk tonight
A humble glow: emit I do, for you
Put music on, set our room now just right
One day my love, oh will we leave this zoo?

I have no choice but to just love and grow
With me won't you now share a fine bordeuax?


Not only are you a great mod, you are good at poetry too! (Or EH whichever) I love you.


Eat from trough

Since it won't kill me I think I'll brave this invention. By the after 24 hours it will become more clear thing suggests to me that there must be some visible effect of this possibly?

I have no clue what the oracle on DL says. He is a sea animal? Something to do with pirates?
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby _infina_ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:10 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:Djkjr has requested a replacement in Zoo Mafia! If you sub in I'll even let you pick an animal!...And then you'll get his.

Anyway, as you might've noticed somewhere else (like on the sign-up list!), I'll be out of town for a couple of days. I'll be back November 16 late at night, with likely no internet access in the mean time.


Per an arrangement made before the signup, Mavketl is temporary frozen out of the game. Her vote and night action (if she has one) will both count. For all other purposes she doesn't exist starting now, and lasting until she returns in 3ish days. This means she will be immune to Night Actions and lynches until she returns and either posts or PMs me (I'll post when this happens). The number of players to lynch will be calculated without her.

Sorry, I may have missed this: What are the rules for lynching at deadline?

Standard, with no minimum for a lynch to be valid. Plurality gets it at dead line, with ties being broken by randoming.

Votals:
roband (1): roband
Elvish Pillager (6): Brooklynxman, mpolo, Lataro, infina, Mavketl, e_e,
Lataro (3): Dr Ug, Krong, Elvish Pillager
_infina_ (2): Misnomer, MartinW

21 Players, 11 to lynch

Deadline Sat. 12:00PM EST. ~3 Hours

Silknor wrote:Following the procedures from the oral histories, the participants covered their eyes with their arms and raised their tails to vote. This lasted about 5 minutes before they realized they couldn't count the votes without being able to see them. So they appointed an official vote counter, an Emperor Penguin. After all, he was dressed to impress. And nothing is more impressive than being able to count past 1, 2, and many all the way up to super many and mega many.

The Emperor Penguin added up the votes and announced the results:
"One vote for roband!
Wholebuncha votes for EP!
Many votes for Lataro!
Many votes for Infina!

EP wins! Everyone congratulate him! YAYYYY!"

The rest of the animals looked at each other and thought that the somber nature of this moment was kind of ruined by the cheerful attitude of this evil penguin. But the histories did say that voting should bring great happiness. And so they got over their discomfort and did a conga line for a few minutes. That probably would've been easier and safer if they were roughly the same size.

The Emperor Penguin announced the punishment:
"Now EP! You must go the way of yourself!


Elvish PIllager has been lynched. It is now Night 1.
Silknor wrote:The cool breeze from the nearby bay blew over the Zoo. The breeze was not alone in visitors returning from the vast sea to the little zoo. But you can't blame them for liking to sleep in the cool embrace of the sea's numerous tides.

As the sun rose, the exotic scent of a roasted bird long thought extinct filled the zoo. What many a chef would give to work with meat this exotic! But what do animals care for fine seasonings and sauces?

The informal leader, the Emperor Penguin rounded up those still sleeping and brought them back to sitting cross-legged on their tables. In an overly excited tone: he announced:

"Elvish Pillager is dead! DEAD! Oh...you already knew that...right...
But guess what! Misnomer is DEAD TOO! YAY! Let's dance on the grave we'll never make for him!"

More and more, the surviving animals wondered why they ever appointed this sadistic penguin as MC.

But the Penguin did point out something useful: "There seems to be a large trough of food in the center of our circle! Dropped from above, no doubt!


Elvish Pillager has been lynched. He was the Distracted Dodo. Survivor.
Misnomer has been nightkilled by the Mafia. He was the Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal. Town Vigilante.


Full Roles of the deceased:
[spoiler]Distracted Dodo-Survivor : ) . I’ve got good news, bad news, and really bad news for you. The bad news is you can’t fly. If only you could fly! You could escape this Zoo and go far away. But alas, you’re just a penguin without cold-weather clothing. The good news is you don’t have to be the last one alive to win. If you can make it into the Final Four, that’s a full win for you. Savory Seven gives you half credit. Now for the really bad news. You’re easily distracted. Shiny things and bandwagons grab your attention and you just can’t let go till you see something shinier or bandwagonier (more bandwagony? What would an extinct bird know about artificial words anyway, English was way different back then!) Back on track (luckily I’m slightly less distracted than you): By the end of each post, you must be voting for whoever currently has the most votes on them, excluding your vote. If there’s a tie, you can pick between the leading contenders. You can never unvote without casting a new vote. You must make at least one post per full real world day (the day starts when the morning news post goes up). Content isn’t required, just the vote.

Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal- http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/un ... rwhal2.jpg

You are the Avenging Narwhal Playset (you were the second player to submit plain old wolf, sorry! But not really, this is more awesome than a wolf). Back when you were in the shelter, you felt like the Ugly Duckling. Everything else would get adopted, but no one would give you a second glance. As you grew up things changed. No, you didn’t suddenly become valued by society like the Ugly Duckling. Instead, you grew a TUSK! An awesome tusk to impale cute things with. And so you dedicated yourself to eliminating those who wronged you in the past. You are a Vigilante and win with the town. But you can only kill people who have made you think: OMGUS! Valid targets for your NK are anyone who has voted for you, FoS’d you, etc. Also valid is anyone mentions koala, seal (noun form only), or penguin. If you see these, PM us so we can put them on the list of acceptable targets.

Little did I expect, the Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal would read the flavor! Oh crap, I said penguin in it! I received this PM from him:
Silknor mentioned a penguin. Impale silknor.



...or failing that, no kill. :P


Here's what I posted in the spoiler thread (and PM'd to misnomer)
So I just got impaled by the Avenging Narwhal Playset for mentioning a penguin. Yes, this really is the core of an actual role.

The Narwhal will be taking over as mod. Because I'm not overly pleased with getting impaled by a magical narwhal tusk, I'm not going to give the new mod any of the role assignments or descriptions. Good luck modding without them!

In news entirely unrelated to my pettiness and strange mod rules, the quality of modding in Zoo Mafia is expected to suffer somewhat.

Ok, only one thing in this post was true.


It is now day 2. 19 players remain, but with Mavketl frozen for a bit longer and djkjr seeking replacement, it'll only be 9 to lynch. The time cap on today is 80 hours.

That puts the end at Wednesday, 10:30 PM EST.
Silknor wrote:A food trough has appeared in the center of town. Any player may eat from it by indicating they wish to in bold text. I don't intend to answer any questions about this except to say:
1. It's an invention.
2. It won't kill or affect you in anyway, but it's not irrelevant to the game.
3. It'll only be here for 24 hours, at which point its role will become slightly more clear.


A modly voice comes from above, it's an Oracle result on DarkLoink!
Avast ye Dogs! Landlubbers due ahoy!
A role is not a straitjacket o'er days
The man you spot, today he is so coy
The setting sun but adds to my vast ways

Set sail we do away from this here zoo
Forget me not, oh you who lights my heart
Return with Eastern treasures, yes I do
To you I'll write, of my life a la carte

My eyes they see, the paths they walk tonight
A humble glow: emit I do, for you
Put music on, set our room now just right
One day my love, oh will we leave this zoo?

I have no choice but to just love and grow
With me won't you now share a fine bordeuax?

Hooray for the attention we receive from our mod.

Eat from trough.

After reading the oracle result, I for some reason think DarkLoink is a koi.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sabrar and 8 guests