Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

MartinW

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 2-Food is Here!

Postby MartinW » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am UTC

Everybody, stop eating from the through. It reveals your powers as offensive or defensive. I don't really have time to do a read of what happened (I have very little time). I'll just post my invention results. I got a sample of conversations that happened over the night, but without who said them. (I'll try and trim out the obviously mason ones)
Why thank-you, kindly mod.

Now, fellows, you'll know we're limited to who we can attack. I am going to suggest that we keep messages as non-identificational as possible, as I fear a large likelihood that our messages could be monitored. I am also going to suggest that our friend the gerbil does our killing for us until such a time as we have the misfortune of parting ways. Unfortunately there are not many targets I can discuss, it's either Brook or Misnomer, and I think Misnomer is the better kill. This is a frame job. All who agree, say "aye".

"Aye" to your suggested target.

As for an invention - how about something that will detect power roles somehow. Like some cop-targeting- colouring in the water supply (that only we know what it means).

Oh, and I'd like to dive under the water tonight (assuming I'm not used for the kill)

I just want to remind you guys that I am invincible to lynch as I can "emotion redacted" everyone's votes to have no effect on me so once our friend the gerbil is dead, I can carry out the NK if needed. I'm not sure how to play up on my claimed restriction tomorrow though. I want to at some point be able to use my extra kill but I think claiming what I did today, no one is going to bother to reply.

Aye to NK target and role-cop targets.

I will carry out the NK.

Fantastic.

On the invention front, how about a litmus paper effect? They drink the water, if they hav3 an offensive power it goes red, defensive goes blue?

Also, Use: Litmus Trough. As soon as day starts.

Also, _infinia_ is town. I'll explain more once I have more time.

Aaarg. Rereaded a bit. I was too late to warn the town. I would have posted earlier, but my invention results were delayed. :-/

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 am UTC

Well, that's awesome Martin. I don't suppose anyone recognizes the writing style of anyone in those?

I'm wracking my brain trying to think what emotion would be usable to be lynch immune.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 am UTC

So I just revealed my occasional invincibility for nothing. Fine. It comes back on at certain times, and no, I will not be revealing when, also what my power for nothing. Also I can confirm it works like infinia's does, I can't control it, and that is what red means apparently.

Ugh.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Krong

Postby Krong » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 am UTC

Hoo wow, lots happening here... hmm. I won't even talk about Lataro this post, since we've got a listener claim to work with and a coloration thingy going on.

That's a pretty dramatic claim from Martin, and though he's experienced enough to come up with something crazy, I'd tend to believe it until we see evidence otherwise.

So, assuming it's all true...

First of all, it's weird that we have both scum discussing one of their own being unlynchable and BXM saying he's unlynchable, while at the same time BXM is practically confirmed town (or at least town or indy) by mafia's discussion of him as a target. The... hmm. The "emotion redacted" bit... Martin, is that how it originally appeared, or are you concealing the emotion?

If it's the latter, I don't see why. If it's the former, maybe it's an ability to make oneself unlynchable by naming the voters' emotions? Seems like something scum would want to learn all the emotions for... dammit, I'd promised not to talk about him, didn't I :P? Well anyway, he's right that we should look for posting styles, which is something I'll do in tomorrow's post.

As for offensive/defensive abilities... err, I'm not sure how mine would qualify. (Not necessarily my ability, but as an example, what does a roleblocker count as?) I will verify that my ability can be targeted as I choose, which lends some credence to infina and BXM's idea. Though I'd only really trust infina due to Martin's claim of his being townie, and infina's claim seems to contradict part of Martin's post.... hrmm. I think I'm missing something or overthinking something here.

I can also verify that the meat-eater = red / herbivore = blue definition doesn't work for me.

The one thing I'd like to bring up is that DarkLoink suddenly has risen on my scum depth-chart. First, to answer his question... no, I don't know you're a whale, I just thought the Captain Ahab -sounding oracle seemed to verify my strong assumption that you were a whale. Y'know, since you often pick whales in games, and have it as your avatar.

I will say though that your "I wanted to see what my ability would do" and "Oh I'm a miller now", combined with Martin's claimed:
Oh, and I'd like to dive under the water tonight (assuming I'm not used for the kill)

looks pretty scummy, along with your "we're afraid of your shadow" claim.

FoS: DarkLoink

You also seem to be defending a certain person quite a bit lately. Just sayin'.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:05 am UTC

MartinW wrote:

As for an invention - how about something that will detect power roles somehow. Like some cop-targeting- colouring in the water supply (that only we know what it means).

Large text is mine. I got to thinking about it, and the u in "colouring" is a pretty telling thing. Using advanced search of all posts in the mafia sub-forum netted me this list. This involves only people in this game, and only people who typed the word, not quoted a message containing it.

colour wrote:
DL-1
FOAT-1
BN-1
Mav-1
Wei-1
Dr Ug-5

color wrote:
Krong-1
Lataro-1
infina-1
Brook-1
DL-1

DL seems pretty floppy between it. Of those whom have used colour...

Dr Ug - Hypochondriac
Weiaoli - Loving
FAOT - Level-Headed
BN - Shameful
Mav - Surprised or Sanguine
DL - Amorous

Assuming the person who sent that message has typed the word colour in the mafia sub forums before, we got a decent list of suspects right there.

My gut is saying being "Level-headed" sounds the most inventory of those.

FAOT?

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 am UTC

For the record, grammar nazing someones spelling error in order to pin them for that pm is awesome. Finally, it can be used for some good.

Spoiler:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 am UTC

So, we seem to have both a town and a scum inventor. MartinW claimed town inventor. And he seems to be confident of _infina_'s credentials, so at least for now,

Unvote

It would be interesting to compile a list of those who didn't take the food, since scum with offensive powers would not have taken from the trough. This doesn't clear everyone on the blue trough, however, since there may be scum with defensive powers around.

Krong's catch about DarkLoink is fairly damning for DL. I'd almost be willing to vote there already. And to think, I was thoroughly convinced of his towniness at the start of the day. I think I have a badly broken scumdar in this game.
Image <-- Evil experiment

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 am UTC

Firstly, I'm late for my revote, sorry mod.
Unvote
Vote FAOT

NOT because I think FAOT is scummy, but the complete opposite. Lataro, I have info that tells me FAOT is town. I'm claiming this now, because although it introduces wine, he is one of 3 players I have this information about.
Of course, I suspect you'll want to lynch me now, to prove that I am town. Hmm. Obviously not thinking this through.

Also, I would like to put myself forward as someone who would spell the word 'colour' correctly (see what I did there? Cos, us Englanders don't like it when you get our words wrong :P ). I obviously just haven't used the word previously.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:For the record, grammar nazing someones spelling error in order to pin them for that pm is awesome. Finally, it can be used for some good.

Oooh. This upsets me. What language do you speak? Oh English?
/me stops now, because he's being unreasonable simply because he got woken up early

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 am UTC

roband wrote:
Brooklynxman wrote:For the record, grammar nazing someones spelling error in order to pin them for that pm is awesome. Finally, it can be used for some good.

/me stops now, because he's being unreasonable simply because he got woken up early

We fought a war with you over the correct spelling, and won. Hence, color.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
roband wrote:

We fought a war with you over the correct spelling, and won. Hence, color.

Where did this war take place? I've never been to America.
You'll claim that you won WW2 for us next as well...
</rage>

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am UTC

Wait, this is offtopic, let's stop please.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:11 am UTC

roband wrote:Wait, this is offtopic, let's stop please.

I do believe there is a forum thread around here for this specifically, somewhere. Also, unless I am mistaken, Russia won World War II for us. At least the German half.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 am UTC

As opposed to the Japanese half? Wuh? I'm saying nothing.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 am UTC

Okay, a few thoughts.

Thanks Martin. Do you know if that was the full length of the conversation last night? A couple things about it:
1) That opening statement is a little Roadie Rich. Very, very toned down though.
2)
Scummy PM wrote: This is a frame job.
A frame job? That should mean the kill was meant to put some light on who scum wanted to turn town against? Now, _Infinia_ was the only person who was vocal against Misnomer, so... Is that a line, there? Should we be thinking of the people who are pushing for an _Infinia_ lynch as scum?.

I think the DL idea is slightly ingenious Lataro, though I doubt he's the only one capable of being underwater. The way it's phrased makes me think of hippos more, like an animal that can be underwater rather than one that has to be. Though I guess whales have to breathe, so it still fits.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 am UTC

Ok now I'm definitely not thinking of Lataro as suspicious any longer! Very good catch on the world colour. I think it would be a good idea to cop anyone tonight who Lataro brought up as suspicious to look for any potential lies / alignment. Lataro I can understand your suspicion against me with level-headed but all I can do is assure you that I'm town.

I think we have to take these conversations at face value though because at the very start they indicated that they thought they will be monitored. Would have the mafia been clever enough to use this to their advantage and leak fake information? Maybe about the gerbil? If the mafia are using their information about the power of roles then they're probably going to get rid of infina next? Or MartinW because of the awesome conversation monitoring? Or both with a double kill?

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 am UTC

DAMN

Who did I vote for yesteerday?
WHo got replaced today?
What is my restriction?

Re: Colour !! AS I am ENGLISH, I type all words as correct as possible and then go back over my text to corerect the thousand and 1 spelling or more correctly, typing mistakes.

If we consider the result of teh rough eating experoment an dmix that with MartinW's night chat, then we have:
Blue - Offensive - 6
Red - Defensive - 1
Clear - NO action? - 2
Offensice would be a NNK, possible a cop.
Defensive would be a Doctor, Watcher,
Clear would be vanilla or survivor.
it does mean that we have a lot of actions or abilities available.
I'm goona guess that 1 of teh scum is in that grouping and could well be eitehr the Red or Clear.
Would a Scum Role-blocker be considered Offensive or Defensive?

This would put Infina, BXM and Mpolo as a potential Scum.
Infina has been 'cleared', BXM is suicidal (?0 which leaves us with Mpolo.

Has anyone vouched for Mpolo?
Can anyoine vouch fo rMpolo?

PS This post is eactly as I typed it, instead of spending anotehr 30 mins going over its content, looking for syntaxna dtyping mistakes to correct.

MOD:
Spoiler:
Lataro wrote:
rrwoods wrote:To be honest I'm seeing this as rash and dumb rather than scummy.

While it's not a good thing that Misnomer died as town, it's not the worst thing in the world. Many a vig have taken out town. If you'll go to my post near the end of D1, you'll see where I'm calling you and mav out that at Mav's instance, her role would be bad to expose and her refusal to claim emotion sent had valid reasoning. I'm not sure why misnomer didn't put forth the same argument, it would of left a decent chunk of wine around for scum as to who among the unclaimed was likely a vig. That's a matter beyond my control though.

oh

Eat from trough

As to Krong, I really don't see any validity in your arguments at all. It is completely non-existent. By day's end, we had almost every single person claimed, the majority in strong support of it. I like how you try and place anything negative as a result of it on me. I'd be voting you right now if I were allowed to.

On another note, I feel really sad now, not only can I not vote mav for my grudge vote due to this restriction, but I also couldn't because she is frozen! :cry:

Mod: How long is djkjr's replacement hunt going to hang in limbo before a modkill?

Please note the above mod question is directed at Misnomer since he killed Silknor last night. :lol:
Misnomer wrote:
Lataro wrote:Mod: How long is djkjr's replacement hunt going to hang in limbo before a modkill?

Please note the above mod question is directed at Misnomer since he killed Silknor last night. :lol:

As he seems so concerned about it, Lataro is replacing djkjr with immediate effect. A search is currently on to find a replacement for Lataro.

Couldn't resist, sorry. :P

*goes back to being dead*
Silknor wrote:
Lataro wrote:Mod: How long is djkjr's replacement hunt going to hang in limbo before a modkill?

:D

I got a PM this morning from a new player saying they'd replace djkjr. I said sure, just let me know you understand you should be aiming to post once a day since it's turbo. I haven't heard back from him (though he's read the PM). If no one comes through before they respond to me, I'll just modkill djkjr.

Lataro walked up to the trough. He examined it carefully, checking for traps, and when satisfied filled up. Food! It was good! And fresh, much better than that canned stuff they'd been living on. With his last bite, the food ran out.

And then he turned bright blue! "A Litmus Trap!" he swore.

The following players have turned blue:
Weiyaoli
E_E
Krong
rrwoods
Roband
Lataro

The following players have turned red:
Infina
Brooklynxman

The following players did not change color:
Mpolo

Just to be clear: FOAT missed the deadline of 24 hours by a few minutes.

Deadline in about 51 hours.
tl;dr
Lataro east from trough
lataor replaces DJkjr
Latro east from trough (in flavour)
Errrrr. Exactly which Lataro ate from teh trough and which Lataro is BLUE?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 am UTC

I'm pretty sure that the comments about Lataro and dkjr were tonge in cheek.

I am more inclined to think that the colors are "red=offensive" and "blue=defensive", based on the night chat, primarily because if there were that many offensive powers, we would have had a lot more death and destruction last night. I further think that any scum who knew himself to have a defensive power most likely ate of the trough. The scum who actually controls the kill and the second kill mentioned in Martin's overheard conversations would presumably not have eaten. Combined with MartinW's vouching for _infina_, this really relieves me about the alignment there. (The idea targeted, non-targeted is interesting, but based on the available discussion of the invention, I'm discarding it for now.)

-3. Lataro BLUE
0. Dark Loink (ANIMAL! )
1. Krong (is intrigued) BLUE
2. mpolo (after the utter failure in the last turbo, I need redemption) NO CHANGE
2.718281828 Martin (I never said I'll be back. Ah well, back in any case) arrived too late to warn about the trough
3. existential_elevator BLUE
π. RoadieRich (RoadieRich = R squared)
3.333.... djkjr (rawr?)
4. _infina_ (maybe I can handle 1 game right now.) RED
5. greenlover (I never really did anything last turbo, soooo)
6. ForAllOfThis (two by two...) got to the trough late
7. ahippo
7.5 weiyaoli BLUE
8. Mavketl (gone Nov 13 - Nov 16)
9. roband (there's no limit to player numbers, right?) BLUE
777. Brooklynxman (not really 777) RED
134. Dr Ug (moo).
1337. rrwoods (woof) BLUE
SQR(-1) BigNose (You decide where it goes) got to trough on time, declined to eat

I have no power (for any conventional definition of power), and so couldn't be classified as either type (i.e. my power is essentially that I have to vote often or die -- which is why I can't just "rely on FoS", as BigNose wants).

Assuming the above (red = offensive):

Infina's being RED and being vouched for by MartinW makes me pretty convinced that he is townie.
Brook is most likely town or isolated scum (if he had known about the litmus test, he would likely not have eaten, also he was discussed as a lynch target)

Our blues are:
Lataro: noticed the British spelling, which may end up helping to track down scum -- leaning town
Krong: produced my major FoS against DL -- leaning strongly town
existential_elevator
weiyaoli
roband
rrwoods

By my theory it would be possible/likely to have a scum member in this group, but by no means certain.

Actual scum killers would not have eaten. Big Nose earns a certain amount of suspicion for being the only one to not eat without presenting a really convincing reason not to.

My inclination is to vote DarkLoink.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 am UTC

mpolo wrote:I'm pretty sure that the comments about Lataro and dkjr were tonge in cheek.
OK. I think I'm mixing my games up.

mpolo wrote:I am more inclined to think that the colors are "red=offensive" and "blue=defensive"
Makes more sense. I just did a one-for-one. I did struggle as to how we could have so many 'offensive' roles.

mpolo wrote:I have no power (for any conventional definition of power), and so couldn't be classified as either type (i.e. my power is essentially that I have to vote often or die -- which is why I can't just "rely on FoS", as BigNose wants).
RATS on the FoS option! OK, you did eat and coming up clear does suggest that you have no power, but you could still be Scum.

@All, does a GF count as CLEAR or BLUE in this context? (Generic question, not intended to link Mpolo with GF {Which I know it will do, but can't do anything about it as it would be nice to get an answer}).

mpolo wrote:Actual scum killers would not have eaten. Big Nose earns a certain amount of suspicion for being the only one to not eat without presenting a really convincing reason not to.
No. I was the only one who mentioned the trough and didn't eat. Plenty of others didn't eat either and completely ignored commenting on the trough.

Mild FoS on Mpolo (again)
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 am UTC

Mpolo is getting a FOS from me too right now but I don't quite know why.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned my post about knowing 3 town players...

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 am UTC

EBWOP
I just noticed something.
Spoiler:
MartinW wrote:Everybody, stop eating from the through. It reveals your powers as offensive or defensive. I don't really have time to do a read of what happened (I have very little time). I'll just post my invention results. I got a sample of conversations that happened over the night, but without who said them. (I'll try and trim out the obviously mason ones)
Why thank-you, kindly mod.

Now, fellows, you'll know we're limited to who we can attack. I am going to suggest that we keep messages as non-identificational as possible, as I fear a large likelihood that our messages could be monitored. I am also going to suggest that our friend the gerbil does our killing for us until such a time as we have the misfortune of parting ways. Unfortunately there are not many targets I can discuss, it's either Brook or Misnomer, and I think Misnomer is the better kill. This is a frame job. All who agree, say "aye".

I just want to remind you guys that I am invincible to lynch as I can "emotion redacted" everyone's votes to have no effect on me so once our friend the gerbil is dead, I can carry out the NK if needed. I'm not sure how to play up on my claimed restriction tomorrow though. I want to at some point be able to use my extra kill but I think claiming what I did today, no one is going to bother to reply.

Aye to NK target and role-cop targets.

I will carry out the NK.

Fantastic.

On the invention front, how about a litmus paper effect? They drink the water, if they hav3 an offensive power it goes red, defensive goes blue?

Also, _infinia_ is town. I'll explain more once I have more time.

Aaarg. Rereaded a bit. I was too late to warn the town. I would have posted earlier, but my invention results were delayed. :-/
Note the last quote:

Then look again at D2:
Silknor wrote:A food trough has appeared in the center of town. Any player may eat from it by indicating they wish to in bold text. I don't intend to answer any questions about this except to say:
1. It's an invention.
2. It won't kill or affect you in anyway, but it's not irrelevant to the game.
3. It'll only be here for 24 hours, at which point its role will become slightly more clear.

A modly voice comes from above, it's an Oracle result on DarkLoink!
Avast ye Dogs! Landlubbers due ahoy!
A role is not a straitjacket o'er days
The man you spot, today he is so coy
The setting sun but adds to my vast ways

Set sail we do away from this here zoo
Forget me not, oh you who lights my heart
Return with Eastern treasures, yes I do
To you I'll write, of my life a la carte

My eyes they see, the paths they walk tonight
A humble glow: emit I do, for you
Put music on, set our room now just right
One day my love, oh will we leave this zoo?

I have no choice but to just love and grow
With me won't you now share a fine bordeuax?

Followed immediately by:
weiyaoli wrote:
Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:A food trough has appeared in the center of town. Any player may eat from it by indicating they wish to in bold text. I don't intend to answer any questions about this except to say:
1. It's an invention.
2. It won't kill or affect you in anyway, but it's not irrelevant to the game.
3. It'll only be here for 24 hours, at which point its role will become slightly more clear.

A modly voice comes from above, it's an Oracle result on DarkLoink!
Avast ye Dogs! Landlubbers due ahoy!
A role is not a straitjacket o'er days
The man you spot, today he is so coy
The setting sun but adds to my vast ways

Set sail we do away from this here zoo
Forget me not, oh you who lights my heart
Return with Eastern treasures, yes I do
To you I'll write, of my life a la carte

My eyes they see, the paths they walk tonight
A humble glow: emit I do, for you
Put music on, set our room now just right
One day my love, oh will we leave this zoo?

I have no choice but to just love and grow
With me won't you now share a fine bordeuax?

Not only are you a great mod, you are good at poetry too! (Or EH whichever) I love you.

Eat from trough

Since it won't kill me I think I'll brave this invention. By the after 24 hours it will become more clear thing suggests to me that there must be some visible effect of this possibly?

I have no clue what the oracle on DL says. He is a sea animal? Something to do with pirates?

If we are to believe that MartinW's quotes are correct, and that they are from the Scum, then Weiyaoli is Scum!

BUT I CAN'T VOTE FOR HIM (atleast not yet. Damn you {again} Mpolo).
Well, I can, but I have to unvote and vote for someone else first and then re-vote. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm UTC

Sorry, how does that make Weiyaoli scum? I don't see the connection

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:00 pm UTC

Lataro east from trough
lataor replaces DJkjr

You may have been tricked by a dead player posting bold text :) Misnomer posted that Lataro replaced djkjr, and while I joked that I was making him mod as punishment for killing me, he's not actually mod. There's one Lataro, that's it. He appeared in flavor since he was the last to eat from the trough (FOAT missed by a few min).

I'm pleased to say however that I have found an actual replacement for djkjr.

iroZn has replaced djkjr. Please welcome him to mafia, it's his first game.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm UTC

I think that BigNose is reading the "Use: Trough as soon as day begins" as meaning that weiyaoli was planning to use the trough as soon as day begins. I think that it is likelier that that quote came from the inventor himself, to get the investigation out in the day-opening text.

It would be nice to know why roband knows three town players, but would probably be better not to know who those three town players are. I was kind of leaving the comment alone to avoid "outing" any more townies.

Ninja: Hooray, replacement! Welcome iroZn!

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:
Lataro east from trough
lataor replaces DJkjr

You may have been tricked by a dead player posting bold text :) Misnomer posted that Lataro replaced djkjr, and while I joked that I was making him mod as punishment for killing me, he's not actually mod. There's one Lataro, that's it. He appeared in flavor since he was the last to eat from the trough (FOAT missed by a few min).

Yay, the mods have replaced one of us. We now have a fairly active group.

Hmm... rolecop was mentioned, with the NK in the same message. Who do we know that had a rolecop? I know, e_e. This has confirmed my d1 suspicions, I do believe.
BigNose, would you like to start?
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

I wouldn't be at all surprised for there to be more than one rolecop, however.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

I don't have time to explain anything now, but I do have a defense to this. I'll get a post in about 7 hours.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

roband wrote:Mpolo is getting a FOS from me too right now but I don't quite know why.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned my post about knowing 3 town players...

It is quite interesting. I was going to mention it in my earlier post but ran out of time before I could.

How do you know roband? Who are the other two confirmed townies?

Just another quick question (mainly aimed at martin). Was that conversation a sample of random posts or a small sample of the entire conversation in order? If it's the latter then surely the person who posted colouring is also a marine animal (but suggesting that they can dive under water would mean they're naturally a mammal, otherwise they'd permanently be underwater). If its the latter then I would be very suspicous of DL (who seems like he is a whale, a mammal with the ability to dive).

Secondly theres another list of people from Martins post, those with claimed restrictions (from Lataro's table), I've cross referenced with litmus trough:

Lataro - Blue
Krong - Blue
Mpolo - Clear
Martin - Townie Inventor
Roband - Blue
Weiyalo - Blue
Big Nose
Rodie Rich
Dark Loink
BXM - Disscussed lynch. Clear.

The cross referencing narrows it down to only four possible people.

Mpolo (Neurotic) Clear.
Big Nose (Shameful)
Rodie Rich (Verbose)
Dark Loink (Amorous).

Four suspects is a one in four chance to lynch and DL is there again as a possible suspect. If it turns out he is a whale mafia then we still have three suspects for the person whos playing up their restrictions which increases our odds even better. The only problem we have is it would seem the person has some sort of lynch immunity?

Roband any chance you investigated townie on any of these?

Lataro this will help a lot in narrowing down which mood has the possible lynch immunity effect as well as an extra kill. It also gives us a much more accurate lynch based on the information that martin gave us. Although I'm worried the lynch attempt might prove unsuccessful. We already know that mpolo has a defensive and aggressive role from the trough which puts him in the firing line here.

The information about colour is only useful with the information that the person who used it also has a dive ability (and is therefore at least a sea creature). The only reason this is is because theres 18 players (excluding dk left in the game). The colour list comprises of only 11 players. That means theres still 7 people who could have posted it (but hasn't posted colour before so theres little chance of telling). I'll do a more extensive search of british words later to see if I can narrow it down abit more on the 7 who haven't been included.

Hope this helps!
There's my giant analysis. At the moment I'll FoS: DL

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:37 pm UTC

So far, I've typed out a message saying that I'm not sure I should say who the others are, (I'm thinking it was a mistake to jump to FAOT's defence so quickly now), then deleted it.
Then I typed out who the confirmed-to-me town are, then deleted that.
Then I typed out another message saying about not revealing them... I'm really not sure of the best approach.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm UTC

roband: I think that unless we are about to lynch someone you have confirmed, it would be better not to name them. Confirmed town often means night kill target, so we're doing them no favors by outing them.

FAOT: I believe Brook is really RED and not CLEAR, at least as I read the post and Silknor's correction. My impression is that we don't have the entire night talk in front of us.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I think that BigNose is reading the "Use: Trough as soon as day begins" as meaning that weiyaoli was planning to use the trough as soon as day begins. I think that it is likelier that that quote came from the inventor himself, to get the investigation out in the day-opening text.

It would be nice to know why roband knows three town players, but would probably be better not to know who those three town players are. I was kind of leaving the comment alone to avoid "outing" any more townies.

Ninja: Hooray, replacement! Welcome iroZn!
Nooooooooo!! Mpolo corrects me again! Yeh, I missed (mis-read) the colon.

_infina_ wrote:
Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:
Lataro east from trough
lataor replaces DJkjr

Yay, the mods have replaced one of us. We now have a fairly active group.

Hmm... rolecop was mentioned, with the NK in the same message. Who do we know that had a rolecop? I know, e_e. This has confirmed my d1 suspicions, I do believe.
BigNose, would you like to start?
As I don't know what you want, I can't answer.

roband wrote:So far, I've typed out a message saying that I'm not sure I should say who the others are, (I'm thinking it was a mistake to jump to FAOT's defence so quickly now), then deleted it.
Then I typed out who the confirmed-to-me town are, then deleted that.
Then I typed out another message saying about not revealing them... I'm really not sure of the best approach.
From what the trough seems to suggest, there are 7 players with abilities (that we know of) 6 * defensive, 1 * offensive, would naming 3 confimed(ish) Townies now, hurt more than losing 3 * (Power?) Townies over 3 nights?

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:05 pm UTC

I see what you're saying BN, and it makes sense.

Assuming there is only 1 scum faction, anyone who isn't in that group is confirmed townie to the scum anyway...

I will probably spill all in a few hours

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

The more worrying thing might be any Serial Killers? I hate to get meta, but I know the mod hinted at there being multiple possible NKs, I would assume that Misnomer was one - our townie - but is it possible that there is another who is inactive? Possibly inactive in a way that would mean there was no kill last night?

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:16 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:FAOT: I believe Brook is really RED and not CLEAR, at least as I read the post and Silknor's correction. My impression is that we don't have the entire night talk in front of us.

Sorry! I got confused. I'll update the list:

Lataro - Blue
Krong - Blue
Mpolo - Clear
Martin - Townie Inventor
Roband - Blue
Weiyalo - Blue
Big Nose
Rodie Rich
Dark Loink
BXM - Disscussed lynch. Red.

Doesn't change much about the potential suspects though.

iroZn

Postby iroZn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm UTC

Hey guys thanks for the welcomes. Definitely up front it's my first game so if I do something totally noobish please forgive!

Ok as far as reading the entire thread as I just did a few things are sticking out to me:
-You guys are nuts, seriously.
-Emotions definitely relate not only to the animal's potential power but it seems to influence how you vote as well, I agree we shouldn't all post these... we wouldn't be able to trust them anyways

I'm also going to claim no posting restriction, because you guys don't know what my posts look like normally anyways.

Cool! Well I will post again when I have more ideas.
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm UTC

Please be warned, I'm going to refer to you as IronZ.
That username is horrible to my brain :(

iroZn

Postby iroZn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:49 pm UTC

That's fine, that's how I pronounce it in my head :D
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

Welcome to iroZn!
What a god-awful name you have. Did you just throw down a bunch of scrabble tiles and hope for the best?

_infina_ wrote:rolecop was mentioned, with the NK in the same message. Who do we know that had a rolecop? I know, e_e.
mpolo wrote:I wouldn't be at all surprised for there to be more than one rolecop, however.
MartinW wrote:Aye to NK target and role-cop targets.
Dear, dear _infinia_, if only you could read! Why, it would seem at a glance that even scum have the chance to role-cop even more than once per night, so why should similar abilities not be with town? Haven't you heard of team balance? Dear me, I've been trying to suggest the people pursuing you might be scum! Anyone could see that your suspicion is better spent elsewhere, since for the NK to be a "frame job", you would have to be the one they wanted to set up!

Brooklynxman wrote:So I just revealed my occasional invincibility for nothing. Fine. It comes back on at certain times, and no, I will not be revealing when, also what my power for nothing. Also I can confirm it works like infinia's does, I can't control it, and that is what red means apparently.
Listen to him speak! It's like he thinks he's the god-damn batman, Mr Mysterious, always lurking in the dark corners! You should look before you leap and not give away such information too readily, especially since it seems scum already had you in their sights.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:27 pm UTC

roband wrote:Please be warned, I'm going to refer to you as IronZ.
That username is horrible to my brain :(

LOL I had already done that by the time I read your post, then realised. :o

Welcome iroZn (probably first and last time correct :D )

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:58 pm UTC

iroZn wrote:Hey guys thanks for the welcomes. Definitely up front it's my first game so if I do something totally noobish please forgive!

Ok as far as reading the entire thread as I just did a few things are sticking out to me:
-You guys are nuts, seriously.
-Emotions definitely relate not only to the animal's potential power but it seems to influence how you vote as well, I agree we shouldn't all post these... we wouldn't be able to trust them anyways

I'm also going to claim no posting restriction, because you guys don't know what my posts look like normally anyways.

Cool! Well I will post again when I have more ideas.

If you'd look at the table I had been updating, your statement about emotions is a moot point. If you don't want to claim what you received that's fine, it's already narrowed down to one of two possibilities, at least confirm though that you (djkjr) sent in perpetually confused since it'd been claimed as received but not sent yet.

Note to all, I've been kinda fiddling with the table on my end to track info, I'll have to de-fiddle it before I post it again since it has info on it that you guys don't need to see.

Return to “Mafia”