Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

MartinW

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:53 am UTC

Morning town. Not much time, but I have gifts. More eavesdropping. I think the scum are on to us though, I get a vibe that some of these were said by the mafia just to throw me off. But still.

Target: Ahippo

Good day, gentlemen.
With regards to the kill, _infinia_ is my preferred target. All who agree say aye.
With the invention, that was flavoured very beautifully, however, might I suggest some kind of trap box which would trick or contain anyone intercepting our messages? Since we all agree that was problematic.
Lynch flavour was awesome, by the way.

preferred targets are _infina_ Brooklynxman MartinW Dark Loink
invention could be sound dampener

Goddamnit gerbil, no names! We need to convince town that at least one of them is scum, if they find a name, well, they'll know we're naming town. My ideal target tomorrow would be the other red. Red is not good. Hopefully town will eat clear, since clear is probably independent.
You raise a fair point that there may be no tracking this evening. Since we know who the masons are, we could engage a counter-strike and try to intercept their chatter.
In absence, then, I think we default to the original suggestion.

aye to first mentioned kill.
I had an idea in mind for what the goggles could be used for, gives the wearer the ability to see people's abilities to an extent, or maybe they work once and then explode, I am a pretty cockneyed inventor to say the least.

I don the goggles and have a good hard look at ahippo, it will be good to get some information about someone we so far have no clues about.

think our best option tomorrow is to try to frame e_e. He/she has been pretty scummy (Nice idea with the claiming a rolecop btw!) and it wouldn't take too much to get an e_e lynch.

Before night ends, the other thing to add to that sentiment is that it may well be worth letting e_e and mpolo live, if we can, on the off-chance that they are sympathisers. We don't know if there are any in this game, but it could help us get a win a bit quicker, or guarantee a win on just one NK. Maximise kills if you can, people.

In other news, I have a once a day lie detector as my N2 invention. Suggestions as to how to use it?

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:54 am UTC

Forgot to mention, I removed the mason ones again.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 am UTC

The mod is awesome,
But hasn't told me whether
I still must post rhymes.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:09 am UTC

I am going to say they tried to kill me. I was immune to nk's last night.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:20 am UTC

Well hello to you, whomever you were, that copped me. I have to sleep so I'll keep this short.

I would stray away from assuming that people on the "Scum Kill List" aren't scummy themselves. I remember taking on the names of other players in Buffy to confuse any listener roles. I wouldn't be surprised if that was happening to some extent here. But you know that I'm not a member of that chat (or at least one of those chats) because my name appeared as the target of what I assume was the follow up to "I will don the goggles" etc.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 am UTC

hmmmmm, looks like they might have targeted infinia instead of me. Huh.

Spoiler:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:05 am UTC

After absorbing DarkLoink's alignment last night, I am pro-town.

I think that we have quite a few confirmed-or-at-least-pretty-probable townies around, which should bring us close to a process of elimination lynch -- but probably not all the way there. I hope to get some time later to try to piece this together.

On the basis of last night's results, I am going to assume that BigNose doesn't want to lynch _infina_, who seems almost certainly to be telling the truth in his claim (he claimed tiger before we knew that the masons were tigers). So I'm going to absorb his alignment now, and then wait a bit for the rest of my votes. Hopefully, I don't get caught by a bandwagon out of control and miss getting the rest of my votes in.

Vote: _infina_

Drink deeply from _infina_.

Unvote

I don't think I gave you the flavor for my action -- I am a neurotic common vampire bat. I have to drink from x number of people a day, but because I'm neurotic, I won't drink from anybody unless I am voting for them. The "code word" to absorb alignment is to drink deeply from a specific person. My "bites" have no other effect on the persons who were bitten.

I suppose I could have drunk from DarkLoink again, but I had some concern that I wouldn't be believed.
Image <-- Evil experiment

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:06 am UTC

Silknor wrote:According to the legends of the Oral History, if you have not lynched scum by day 3, the proper procedure is to debate the lynch while plugging your ears with your fingers and yelling "LALALA you don't scare me!" Empirical evidence on the success rate of this tactic is non-existent, but don't let that stop you.
Does this mean that we are at some form of LYLO??

Brooklynxman wrote:I am going to say they tried to kill me. I was immune to nk's last night.

Brooklynxman wrote:hmmmmm, looks like they might have targeted infinia instead of me. Huh.

So, what DID happen? Why did you first say that you were targeted? How did/would you know?

mpolo wrote:On the basis of last night's results, I am going to assume that BigNose doesn't want to lynch _infina_, who seems almost certainly to be telling the truth in his claim (he claimed tiger before we knew that the masons were tigers).
You've lost me.

SK dead - good.
Mason dead - not good, very bad
Infina alive - Good, even better as Scum looks to (potentially) have targeted him

Remember: MAJOR FOS, VOTE TO FOLLOW please.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 am UTC

Well, my cop result was:

Silknor wrote:Brooklynxman is Bipolar Sandworm.

And I think I'm going to have to go away and think about the rest. Err. If I was anyone else I'd say that either e_e or mpolo was mafia. Unfortunately, I don't really want to paint a target on my own head. Though it is interesting that we lynched an SK and we only saw an additional night kill tonight.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 am UTC

existential_elevator wrote:Though it is interesting that we lynched an SK and we only saw an additional night kill tonight.

Yeah, my first thoughts was that Krong NK'd Lataro as some form of revenge for leading his lynch and although Krong's night action came with a high priority (first in-line), he would have already been dead before the night. Which means that we have another SK or (crappy) Vig (see below for reckoning).

If, as I suggested before, that Scum targeted Infina (and failed), then we still have another killer loose, as well as too many Scum and their NK.
We did just have 1 * NK on N1, so it looks like either the SK didn't target N1 or SK/Scum targeted a Doctored player (or even, they targeted the same player - LOL).

So, we HAD a SK, we have a Vig/SK and we have Scum
By my reckoning, we have 17 players left, 3/4 confirmed(ish) Townies, but an unknown number of Scum (3 if there are more SK's, probably 4, maybe 5?)
I know that, if we do have a Vig and they keep targeting Townies, I will want to lynch them.
Maybe he should avoid any NK's, as even as a Vig, he is supposed to be pro-Town.

BUGGA! Just looked at the flavour again and Silknor » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:22 am UTC, It is now Day 3. 17 players, 9 to lynch. 60 hour time limit.That is not a lot of time, especially (for me) as it's the weekend. Day ends at Sunday 4pm!!
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:58 am UTC

Here's an attempt to narrow down candidates:

Living players:
Spoiler:
0. Dark Loink --> verified as TOWN by mpolo, Dr Ug
2. mpolo --> claims TOWN (currently copying _infina_'s alignment, neurotic Common Vampire Bat)
2.718281828 MartinW --> claims TOWN (supports by providing scum nightchat, verified by rrwoods)
3. existential_elevator
π. RoadieRich --> verified TOWN by rrwoods
3.333.... djkjr iroZn
4. _infina_ --> claimed MASON (claimed tiger before we knew it was Tiger Masons, verified by MartinW)
5. greenlover
6. ForAllOfThis --> verified TOWN by roband
7. ahippo
7.5 weiyaoli
8. Mavketl
9. roband --> claims TOWN (together with RoadieRich, FAOT and MartinW)
777. Brooklynxman (apparently targeted by scum?)
134. Dr Ug. --> verified TOWN by DarkLoink
1337. rrwoods
SQR(-1) BigNose

Confirmed/semi-confirmed TOWN (leaving myself off, although I have publicly aligned myself with _infina_)
DarkLoink
MartinW
RoadieRich
_infina_
ForAllOfThis
roband
Dr Ug

Mentioned by scum in Nightchat (i.e. drowning in wine)
Brooklynxman (seems likely town -- named as a possible target both nights; especially if "gerbil"'s slip is really a slip, like the next scum message suggests)
Ahippo
(_infina_, MartinW, DarkLoink -- already listed above)
existential_elevator

Came up RED (some scum wanted to kill the "other red")
_infina_ (almost certainly mason)
Brooklynxman -- could he be the gerbil, naming himself to throw us off? Except that I forgot that e_e labeled him a Bipolar Sandworm. I guess that means he's not a gerbil. Darn. (leaves me with him at likely town)

Candidates for scummitude
iroZn
greenlover (though the oracle seems harmless)
weiyaoli
Mavketl
rrwoods (some sort of Dhole)
BigNose

I think that's all the relatively definite info we have. I would recommend that we start analyzing these players. We really have to hit scum today.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am UTC

EBWOP: In my spoilered part, I have RoadieRich being verified by rrwoods. That should be verified by roband.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:05 am UTC

EEBWOP: I should have mentioned E_E's claimed rolecop somewhere in my tables there.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 am UTC

BigNose, I have to post a vote soon.

Who would you like me to vote for? As that has an effect on who you can talk about? Bear in mind I will need to revote in 30 hours

I'm thinking E_E is looking scummy from the overheard conversation, almost making it too obvious to point at her being townie, therefore, she is scum. In my eyes anyway.

MAJOR FOS: E_E

I still don't completely trust DL, but that's all based on yesterday's details

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:30 am UTC

roband wrote:BigNose, I have to post a vote soon.

Who would you like me to vote for? As that has an effect on who you can talk about? Bear in mind I will need to revote in 30 hours

I'm thinking E_E is looking scummy from the overheard conversation, almost making it too obvious to point at her being townie, therefore, she is scum. In my eyes anyway.

MAJOR FOS: E_E

I still don't completely trust DL, but that's all based on yesterday's details

Thanks Roband.

I think I will vote for E_E too, partly because of this, also because Infina also picked out E_E yesterday (if I remember correctly), but I need to go back and check to see how valid the vote is.

Thanks

Vote: E_E

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 am UTC

Ok, but is there anyone you'd prefer to me to vote for now?

I have to have a vote down soon, which lasts 30 hours before I have to renew it.
But my voting messes up who you can talk about, right?

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:44 am UTC

I thought that you were going to vote for E_E?
You should be safe to vote for DL, Infina or MartinW as those seem least likely to need a vote on atm.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:49 am UTC

If I have understood BigNose's restriction, this means that he can't mention E_E ever again in the game.

So, BigNose:
If you were to Unvote at some point, you could never vote for or even mention the person you first voted for in a day again, right?

Or is it only for the rest of the day?

And this means that I am free to use up my required votes today, right?

(My comment about _infina_ was that you would have been as convinced as I that he was town/masons, so that you would not have wanted to vote for him. Which is why I went ahead with the vote. Though if I understood you correctly, you might have actually wanted to Vote/Unvote _infina_ as a safe person for you to never talk about again. If this was the case, I apologize for stealing your target. Considering my state of exposure of freaky role, I want it patently obvious that I am town, as I will otherwise not survive the day, so it would be nice to have someone that I can vote early and drink deeply from.)

Ninjaed: I guess you can mention the person you voted for. I don't understand your restriction, BigNose. Can you explain it one more time?

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:55 am UTC

Yes BigNose, but I want my vote to count towards a lynch on E_E.

If I vote for her now, I have to unvote in 30 hours. So I want to vote for someone else.

I will

Vote MartinW

as he won't be lynched and will be safe :)

mpolo - I can't follow all these restrictions, I'm so confused.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 am UTC

Glad I'm not the only one whose confused. But as I trust you (even you don't trust me), I'd like you to understand. So I hope BigNose can explain again.

(If you're refering to mine, I must feed on -- currently -- at least 5 people a day by voting them. For one of those 5, I must "drink deeply" and thus absorb the alignment. If I do not drink deeply, I automatically drink deeply from the last person I voted.)

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:13 pm UTC

Dammit I need to claim (to win).

I AM the bipolar sandworm. Every third day irl (called spice days) I feel great, and get a massive (passive) power boost, including:
invincibility
Unvotable/lynchable
Triple vote (doesn't appear in the vote count, does lower lynch requirement by 2 for whoever I voted, in addition to my vote).

So invoke my powers on the spice day that I may obtain my primary win condition. Also that we might kill scum with it, and gain my secondary win condition.

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

Mpolo, that makes you the bastard role then?

Is this always public or can you do it privately?

I ask, because if it's always publicly, then if you're voting for scum (after your obligatory 5 votes) - and you should always be voting for scum - you will absorb THAT alignment. Which we don't want.

If it's privately, and you can drink deeply from someone via a PM to the Mod (which you did on D1 and 2? I don't remember seeing you post this inthread) this is better, as your last (and only real) vote can be on scum, but you can drink deeply from someone you suspect to be town - and you should always be wanting to stay as town.

What I'm saying is, I don't like your role. You might accidentally become scum, and if you do, you have a decision. Stick with them and claim you and they are both town (which I don't like), or out them AND yourself as now scum and aim to become town during that day (which I don't like).

Can you drink deeply from the same person every day, or is this banned?

Regardless of your current alignment, I won't be trusting you, sorry.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm UTC

lol @ Krong's fake restriction (it's really not in there, right?).

That oracle on greenlover sounds fairly secret-agent-retired-to-Tibetan-Monklike, so I'm going to go with "probably town" on that one.

@intercepted messages... the "no names!" and then a completely clear description of a player is kind of funny - I assume it's fake, it would be rather silly. :P And I have to admit I'm back to suspecting e_e now, so either it worked or it really didn't.

Also, if we have only one or two masons left alive and they have information about Lataro's cop results, they should start considering when to claim (preferably before dying). That goes for MartinW as well - it's good that you removed the mason messages, but were there any cop results in there? That would be worth sharing.

mpolo wrote:Drink deeply from _infina_.
You should send that in a PM as well - it would make sense if it doesn't count publically.

mpolo wrote:Came up RED (some scum wanted to kill the "other red")
_infina_ (almost certainly mason)
Brooklynxman -- could he be the gerbil, naming himself to throw us off? Except that I forgot that e_e labeled him a Bipolar Sandworm. I guess that means he's not a gerbil. Darn. (leaves me with him at likely town)
If the "other red" message was genuine, and we're assuming that _infina_ is definitely town, then Brooklynxman should be scum, no? The question, of course, is if the message was genuine.

BigNose wrote:Vote: E_E
BigNose wrote:I thought that you were going to vote for E_E?
What was that again about not being allowed to mention them ever again?

roband wrote:I ask, because if it's always publicly, then if you're voting for scum (after your obligatory 5 votes) - and you should always be voting for scum - you will absorb THAT alignment. Which we don't want.

If it's privately, and you can drink deeply from someone via a PM to the Mod (which you did on D1 and 2? I don't remember seeing you post this inthread) this is better, as your last (and only real) vote can be on scum, but you can drink deeply from someone you suspect to be town - and you should always be wanting to stay as town.
He can choose. Only if he doesn't choose does he get the last person he voted for.

(Also goddamnit I lost some of my notes and now I have to read up on why some people are town and stuff. :( )
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm UTC

Mav, ok if he can choose between private or public, he should always go private.

But that's a problem because we don't know who he's chosen to drink from (regardless of a claim or whatever).

The role is not a good one for town.

Unless mpolo can drink from the same person more than once in the game. I want an answer on that.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm UTC

Guys I have extremely important results. Time for my role-claim!

Ok so I'm the level-headed polar bear. What this means is that I can target two people a night, I can role-cop one and alignment cop the other. The first night I rolecopped lataro to find out he was the jovial wolf, and I alignment copped infina to find out he was town.

Last night however I role-copped greenlover who is a content sabretooth tiger. I alignment copped bignose: he is scum.

The reason I copped him was he was in my final 4 list, roband confirmed that RR was town, mpolo ate from the trough and if krong was scum we would have know DL was lieing which just left bignose as a cop target for me.

Vote: Big Nose

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:36 pm UTC

Poetry, powers, pms and more
What once I thought was flavor was another score

The mafia shuffle around in the night
are you among them, targeting the strong?
your actions I thought would do something might
another killed a townie, proving me wrong

the foundations I build, last forever
the road I walk on becomes wider
the powers I have, make me think I'm clever
I'm skimming the night on my whale glider

Its you I love, and you I write
No response shows the scum you are
I will be stuck observing this plight
and will have to lynch you in the bazaar.

There we go.
Also, mpolo is pretty much townie now. If he joins scum, I'm sure he'll come back. I'd explain, but I've revealed a lot of my role already.
And did nobody else notice the E_E said e_e was a good target for lynching? :?: Also, this
think our best option tomorrow is to try to frame e_e. He/she has been pretty scummy (Nice idea with the claiming a rolecop btw!) and it wouldn't take too much to get an e_e lynch.

Makes me conflicted, as scum know they are be listened to by Martin W now. So everything they ever say about anyone is wine.Great.

Also, what did they target a hippo with, and why didn't he die? You probably would have receieved the night action, and if so...why is it before they are discussing the target? That almost proves we can't completely trust these.
Very interesting.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:37 pm UTC

Edit: If Krong wasn't scum*.

Also I have a feeling that BigNose might be the one who was lynch immune from using his emotion. However if he just broke his restriction maybe he breaks his power? Either way he's now our far best lead as we have him as confirmed scum.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 pm UTC

Based on that, I could go for a BigNose or E_E lynch today.

Unless BigNose can counterclaim (and do so with conviction), the reason for his lynch is much stronger than the wine surrounding E_E.

I feel fairly strongly that E_E probably is scum though.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm UTC

Yeah, that's good enough for me, I'm willing to vote BigNose on that. I'll wait a while to give people (especially BigNose) a chance to comment, but I'm voting in 1,5-2 hours since I'll likely be offline for a good while after that.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 pm UTC

EBWOP:
*blushes at Dark Loink*

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:12 pm UTC

So DL targetted you Mav?

I'm away for 24 hours now, don't rush a lynch without me ;)

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:14 pm UTC

Ummmm seriously, notice my spiciness. It is my freaking primary win condition.

Spoiler:

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:21 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:In other news, I have a once a day lie detector as my N2 invention. Suggestions as to how to use it?

Any idea how it works? Will it just reveal that their role claim / alignment claim is a lie or will it reveal if theres just one lie in their entire post? I would say use it on me to calm any doubts that people have about what I claimed.

e_e is looking less scummy in my books because bignose was pushing, and has voted for an e_e lynch. We should definitely lynch bignose though because of my reasoning behind it and I think he may have just created a "lynchable gap".

I just want to remind you guys that I am invincible to lynch as I can "emotion redacted" everyone's votes to have no effect on me so once our friend the gerbil is dead, I can carry out the NK if needed. I'm not sure how to play up on my claimed restriction tomorrow though. I want to at some point be able to use my extra kill but I think claiming what I did today, no one is going to bother to reply.

This person can't be lynched and has some sort of extra kill?

I used the claimed restriction to cross reference this with the trough results to narrow the list down:

Lataro - Blue
Krong - Blue
Mpolo - Clear
Martin - Townie Inventor
Roband - Blue
Weiyalo - Blue
Big Nose
Rodie Rich
Dark Loink
BXM - Disscussed lynch. Red.

This leaves:

Big Nose
RR
DL
mpolo.

By the end of yesterday roband had confirmed RR as town, DL was going to show up scum if he was lieing, mpolo claimed which just left one obvious suspect. Of course this would mean Big Nose was the person most likely to have made the post about being unlynchable. However it looks like he just slipped up on the e_e vote, if his restriction is true, and may now be lynchable?

The only problem is I don't want to waste todays lynch on Big Nose if he can't be lynched. =/. Any thoughts guys?

If we do have another vig alive I would highly suggest BigNose as a target tonight.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

Anyway, on the off-chance you do turn against me, I'm spewing out the information I was afraid to spew out:

Darkloink is the Amorous Meta-Whale.
ahippo is the Submissive Hippo.
IroZn is the Suprised Squirrell

I firmly suggest looking at ahippo re: scumtalk hiding under water thing. Submissive, submerge, etc.

Although BigNose is our obvious lynch target, let's draw day out long enough to see other people's reactions to all the insane amounts of info.

I am still not happy with mpolo's presence.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

Just in case, I sent the "drink deeply" by PM again. I can drink and drink deeply from the same person as often as I choose. I can only drink deeply once a day. I have to drink from 5 different people a day until we are down to 14 left, then 4 a day until we are at 7, then 3 a day until we are at 3, then two on the last day.

I agree that the E_E discussion really felt like intentional wine-spreading (which is why she ended up in that category). As I trust ForAllOfThis, I also tend to trust his cop. I am also worried that a bandwagon is about to start a-rolling, so I'm going to:

Vote: Mavketl

Unvote

Vote: roband

Unvote

Vote: DarkLoink

Unvote

Vote: Martin W

Unvote

Now I am free to vote for BigNose if we don't see some pretty impressive defensive abilities coming up.

Ninjaed: We started on November 6. So November 8, 11, 14, 17, 20 are spice days. I think that he doesn't want this bandwagon to go until tomorrow, if I understand correctly.
Double Ninjaed: Hmm... This requires some thought. What emotion did he claim? Distracted? That would make sense that he could "distract" us away from him, if I'm remembering correctly.
Triple Ninjaed: I wonder if DL has the ability to read spoilers (so that he knows that I am planning on staying town).

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:35 pm UTC

Big Nose has claimed shameful. That's the only thing that doesn't fit but maybe he can hide away from our votes or something?

Distracted actually fits a lot better "checks who claimed".

Oh it was Elvish Pillager who was the distracted dodo. Definitely can't have been EP as we stringed him up on day 1.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:36 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:In other news, I have a once a day lie detector as my N2 invention. Suggestions as to how to use it?
How does it work, exactly? Does it take an entire post/phrase and just say "true"/"false" or does it do parts? Because in that case, try lie detectoring this:

Spoiler:
/Dark Loink is town.
mpolo is town.
MartinW is town.
existential_elevator is town.
RoadieRich is town.
iroZn is town.
_infina_ is town.
greenlover is town.
ForAllOfThis is town.
ahippo is town.
weiyaoli is town.
Mavketl is town.
roband is town.
Brooklynxman is town.
Dr Ug is town.
rrwoods is town.
BigNose is town.
It probably doesn't work like that, though... but just in case.

Alternatively, have everyone say "I am town" and use it as a cop on someone. If people refuse to cooperate, we kill 'm dead! :P I suggest ahippo.

I am town.

Brooklynxman, maybe I fail at reading, but what exactly is your primary win condition? Lynching scum on a spice day?

RoadieRich
The Black Hand

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm UTC

I am contented to follow the constable today. In addition, I am not entirely comfortable with roband: I would advocate investigation of him at some point in the near future. Martin's lie detector may be an ideal option, as Mavketl suggested.

1. He "knows" a triumvirate of townies, but has a defensive ability (blue result in the litmus trough). An alternative source for this information is that he is scum.
2. He was first to comply with the suggestion in the scum PM. This creates more wine than it solves, as, in my honest opinion, our most prudent option is to ignore all references to names within the correspondence, unless it is substantiated by corroborating evidence.
3. Rolecop is a difficult role to falseclaim, supporting that message is purely wine.

My final opinion is that Martin was too forthright in coming forwards with his listener claim. However, there is nothing we can do about that now.

Am I now able to place a vote on Bignose, or will it obstruct the restrictions of other individuals?

*Walks without rhythm.*

I am town.
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

If e_e is scum then why would big nose be trying to lynch her?

Also I'm going to agree with RR here if we could use the lie dectector on roband then that would make sense. For lie detector sake, in the light of my claim i'll put up this so it can be tested if people want it (although i'm inclined to say it would be a waste):

I am town.
I am a level-headed polar bear.
I can role-cop and alignment-cop.
I got a scum result on Big Nose last night.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I can only drink deeply once a day. I have to drink from 5 different people a day

What?
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Return to “Mafia”