Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby greenlover » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:24 pm UTC

Wow, busy night. :o

Well, considering that FAOT got my role right (which is something rather unlikely if he was faking it, considering I have never stated who my animal is in thread and there are quite a few roles I could have picked) I am inclined to believe him. Accordingly, I am willing to vote BigNose now unless my doing so will hinder others ability to vote. For now,

Major FoS to be followed by a vote

I am town.

Ninja'd -
rrwoods wrote:
mpolo wrote:I can only drink deeply once a day. I have to drink from 5 different people a day

What?
He can drink, but not deeply, from four of those people. He can drink deeply from one of those people (I think).

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
mpolo wrote:I can only drink deeply once a day. I have to drink from 5 different people a day

What?


It would seem that mpolo is a vampire bat? He has to drink 5 animals blood a day and he can choose one to have a main course on. Whichever one he chooses he abosrbs their alignment.

@mpolo you seemed to think that all tigers are part of the happy tiger masons?

Lataro was a wolf not a tiger so that theory seems incorrect. I don't think we can assume all tigers are masons. Even still it would seem like infinia is a mason as he has claimed.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Mavketl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

I wrote:Yeah, that's good enough for me, I'm willing to vote BigNose on that. I'll wait a while to give people (especially BigNose) a chance to comment, but I'm voting in 1,5-2 hours since I'll likely be offline for a good while after that.

Since we seem to be taking things slow, I'll wait with that vote.

(This is kind of a useless post but I hate it when I said I would do something and I don't without explanation.)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 2-Food is Here!

Postby _infina_ » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:The Emperor Penguin again emerged from his alcove. He was dressed in his best suit, which is to say his birthday suit, plus a bow tie.

He w(h)et his lips as he looked at Krong. "FOOD!" He shouted, to no one in particular. Krong sneered, taunting the EP: "I fear ye not! I cannot be harmed by a mere landlubber!"

But now it was EP's turn to sneer at this poor defenseless creature. "You fool! Do you not know that I, the mighty Penguin, nay EMPEROR Penguin, the mightiest of all Penguins, the true ruler of my noble race, he who dresses impeccably and with style and flair, he who...wait where was I going with this? Oh right. I am a Penguin, the bird...of the SEA"

A look of horror crossed Krong's face, and shamed, he fell silent.

The Emperor Penguin then read off the votes:
"Two Votes for Dark Loink!
Super many votes for the tasty Krong!"

Krong jumped over the retaining wall and down into the sea. How he managed to jump with his body, or even how he had managed to survive on land for so long, no one would ever know. Because even before he landed, the Emperor Penguin jumped after him! And with a dab on tartar sauce on one fin, he smiled.


Krong has been lynched. It is now Night 2. Remember to send night actions to both mods.

Night ends in 27 hours. 10 PM EST Thursday.

Silknor wrote:The Emperor Penguin licked his lips as he swallowed the last of the tartar sauce. Then he to demonstrate the completion of his victory over Krong, he spit up a discarded shell.

"Sooooo tasty! Keep on lynching Poseidon's children!"

No one knew why the Emperor Penguin believed in the ancient Greek gods, but they figured they probably shouldn't push him to anger any more than necessary. EP has less to say about the other death this night. He didn't hunger for wolf flesh like Lataro had once hungered for penguin flesh.

According to the legends of the Oral History, if you have not lynched scum by day 3, the proper procedure is to debate the lynch while plugging your ears with your fingers and yelling "LALALA you don't scare me!" Empirical evidence on the success rate of this tactic is non-existent, but don't let that stop you.


Krong has been lynched. He was the Punctual Pistol Shrimp, Serial Killer.
Lataro has been nightkilled, but not by the Mafia. He was the Jovial Wolf, Mason Rolecop.


[spoiler]Krong-Punctual Pistol Shrimp-Lets be honest. You’re pretty awesome. You know it, I know it, everyone who watched that youtube video you sent me knows it.

You’re a Serial Killer and win when you’re the last one left alive (You get a half win for being in the Final Four). But lets not forget that you’re punctual. This means you always strike first once night hits. Thus you bypass any targeted action (not inherent ability) that might prevent you from striking. So you can’t be roleblocked, you ignore doctor’s protection, you can’t be tracked, etc. You don’t bypass inherent abilities though, like NK-Immune. Since you’re so tiny, no cop can find evidence against you–it would be too small for them to read–and so you appear as town to cops. You’re also immune to NK’s carried out by landlubbers. You’ll also be perfectly safe if a flood or hurricane comes, but that’s probably not going to happen. Still, it’s good to know, right?

Lataro-Jovial Wolf-Member of the Happy Tiger Masons. You were a tiger for Halloween and they liked your costume and attitude so much that they invited you to join them. So you’re going to keep wearing that costume. You treat everyone like they’re your brothers and sisters, and so a little bit of you dies everytime one of them does. While you recognize the need to lynch, you can’t bring yourself to cast the first vote on someone (eg. You can’t vote for someone unless when you vote someone else already is, if everyone else unvotes, you can still keep your vote on them) or the hammer (only the real hammer, that which instantly ends the day counts, a vote which breaks what would be an end of the day tie isn’t a hammer if they’re still under the minimum needed to lynch before end of day). You are encouraged to make jokes throughout the game. If someone laughs at one of your jokes, PM the mods (so we can keep track and confirm it counts), Each night you may rolecop two of the players who laughed at your jokes. Town.


It is now Day 3. 17 players, 9 to lynch. 60 hour time limit.

The intent is for starting D4 in 72 hours. Night will be short if the day goes to the cap. As D3 closes to an end, I'll allow masons and scum to send nighttalk PMs, provided they don't open them till the lynch occurs.

Silknor wrote:No worry DL! I'll ensure we have no lack of poetry!

The clouds open up and reveal and Marshall stack. From them, a deep voice booms:

Oracle result on greenlover:
To transcend pain and suffering
To run outside and always sing

The killer's life now rejected
The inner being now perfected

Oh furry one sit in the light
Oh balance life and all just right

[/spoiler]The mods love us. So much that they give us. They tell us so much with flavor.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 pm UTC

WOW. That was unexpected and not a little false.

Let's look at FOAT's 'logic' as I can find it:
Spoiler:
Unnameable#1 wrote:Everybody, stop eating from the through. It reveals your powers as offensive or defensive. I don't really have time to do a read of what happened (I have very little time). I'll just post my invention results. I got a sample of conversations that happened over the night, but without who said them. (I'll try and trim out the obviously mason ones)
Why thank-you, kindly mod.

Now, fellows, you'll know we're limited to who we can attack. I am going to suggest that we keep messages as non-identificational as possible, as I fear a large likelihood that our messages could be monitored. I am also going to suggest that our friend the gerbil does our killing for us until such a time as we have the misfortune of parting ways. Unfortunately there are not many targets I can discuss, it's either Brook or Unnameable#2, and I think Unnameable#2 is the better kill. This is a frame job. All who agree, say "aye".


"Aye" to your suggested target.

As for an invention - how about something that will detect power roles somehow. Like some cop-targeting- colouring in the water supply (that only we know what it means).


Oh, and I'd like to dive under the water tonight (assuming I'm not used for the kill)


I just want to remind you guys that I am invincible to lynch as I can "emotion redacted" everyone's votes to have no effect on me so once our friend the gerbil is dead, I can carry out the NK if needed. I'm not sure how to play up on my claimed restriction tomorrow though. I want to at some point be able to use my extra kill but I think claiming what I did today, no one is going to bother to reply.


Aye to NK target and role-cop targets.

I will carry out the NK.


Fantastic.

On the invention front, how about a litmus paper effect? They drink the water, if they hav3 an offensive power it goes red, defensive goes blue?

Also, Use: Litmus Trough. As soon as day starts.


Also, _infinia_ is town. I'll explain more once I have more time.

Aaarg. Rereaded a bit. I was too late to warn the town. I would have posted earlier, but my invention results were delayed. :-/
To start with, we need Unnameable#1's interception post. There is nothing in there except targets for names, but he uses this as a basis to build his 'logic'.

Spoiler:
ForAllOfThis wrote:
roband wrote:Mpolo is getting a FOS from me too right now but I don't quite know why.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned my post about knowing 3 town players...


It is quite interesting. I was going to mention it in my earlier post but ran out of time before I could.

How do you know roband? Who are the other two confirmed townies?

Just another quick question (mainly aimed at martin). Was that conversation a sample of random posts or a small sample of the entire conversation in order? If it's the latter then surely the person who posted colouring is also a marine animal (but suggesting that they can dive under water would mean they're naturally a mammal, otherwise they'd permanently be underwater). If its the latter then I would be very suspicous of DL (who seems like he is a whale, a mammal with the ability to dive).

Secondly theres another list of people from Unnameable#1's post, those with claimed restrictions (from Unnameable#3's table), I've cross referenced with litmus trough:

Unnameable#3 - Blue
Unnameable#4 - Blue
Mpolo - Clear
Unnameable#1 - Townie Inventor
Roband - Blue
Weiyalo - Blue
Big Nose
Rodie Rich
Dark Loink
BXM - Disscussed lynch. Clear.

The cross referencing narrows it down to only four possible people.

Mpolo (Neurotic) Clear.
Big Nose (Shameful)
Rodie Rich (Verbose)
Dark Loink (Amorous).

Four suspects is a one in four chance to lynch and DL is there again as a possible suspect. If it turns out he is a whale mafia then we still have three suspects for the person whos playing up their restrictions which increases our odds even better. The only problem we have is it would seem the person has some sort of lynch immunity?

Roband any chance you investigated townie on any of these?

Unnameable#3 this will help a lot in narrowing down which mood has the possible lynch immunity effect as well as an extra kill. It also gives us a much more accurate lynch based on the information that Unnameable#1 gave us. Although I'm worried the lynch attempt might prove unsuccessful. We already know that mpolo has a defensive and aggressive role from the trough which puts him in the firing line here.

The information about colour is only useful with the information that the person who used it also has a dive ability (and is therefore at least a sea creature). The only reason this is is because theres 18 players (excluding dk left in the game). The colour list comprises of only 11 players. That means theres still 7 people who could have posted it (but hasn't posted colour before so theres little chance of telling). I'll do a more extensive search of british words later to see if I can narrow it down abit more on the 7 who haven't been included.

Hope this helps!
There's my giant analysis. At the moment I'll FoS: DL
This from Day 2, when we still had 19 players according to his own post. he states that 7 were not included, but only goes after those that posted, but didn't eat from the trough. Maybe the Scum didn't want to post within the 24 hours that we knew the trough was available, but to dismiss them from any arguments is outrageous. But it is this 'reasoning' that he is using to 'select the four' and not being able to tag any others, goes after me. Because I was only 1 of 4, who posted while the trough was available and didn't eat from it, as opposed to the other 7 who didn't post at all.. I did say that I would eat from it, but there was a particular reason not to at the time. If necessary I can reveal later.

ForAllOfThis wrote:I feel like my narrowing it down to 4 people has been largely ignored? I was hoping for a little more response in light of the logic that I applied there.

ForAllOfThis wrote:Guys I have extremely important results. Time for my role-claim!

Ok so I'm the level-headed polar bear. What this means is that I can target two people a night, I can role-cop one and alignment cop the other. The first night I rolecopped lataro to find out he was the jovial wolf, and I alignment copped infina to find out he was town.

Last night however I role-copped greenlover who is a content sabretooth tiger. I alignment copped bignose: he is scum.

The reason I copped him was he was in my final 4 list, roband confirmed that RR was town, mpolo ate from the trough and if krong was scum we would have know DL was lieing which just left bignose as a cop target for me.

Vote: Big Nose

As far as his 'reasoning' is concerned, their isn't any.
Regarding your cop claim, what you have stated is nothing new, except about greenlovers animal. Are FOAT and GreenLover scum?
His reasoning for choosing the 4 was wrong in the first place and his continual attempt to use that as justification is also wrong.

ForAllOfThis wrote:Big Nose has claimed shameful. That's the only thing that doesn't fit but maybe he can hide away from our votes or something?

Distracted actually fits a lot better "checks who claimed".

Oh it was Elvish Pillager who was the distracted dodo. Definitely can't have been EP as we stringed him up on day 1.
What do you mean, doesn't fit? Ahhh, you are right. Think on it.

e_e is looking less scummy in my books because bignose was pushing, and has voted for an e_e lynch. We should definitely lynch bignose though because of my reasoning behind it and I think he may have just created a "lynchable gap".
What do you mean that I was pushing? Can you not read the back and forth with Roband not 5 posts before yours?
I have a Voting restriction that means that I must be the first to vote on someone. Once I have voted on them, I cannot mention their name (even in quotes) once the day is complete. http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65778&hilit=zoo+mafia&start=200#p2385237, or anyone who is dead.

roband wrote:Based on that, I could go for a BigNose or E_E lynch today.
Unless BigNose can counterclaim (and do so with conviction), the reason for his lynch is much stronger than the wine surrounding E_E.
I feel fairly strongly that E_E probably is scum though.
How am I supposed to counter-claim? I can, but don't want to at the moment. (See me at L-2/L-1).


@BXM Yep go ahead with any other votes you need as I have mine for today. I can still unvote and re-vote for FOAT if necessary.

(GAH. Built this post, then had to re-build it after FF crash!!)
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby _infina_ » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm UTC

Second post just because I want to have enough room to type out everything I need to. If the mafia did choose me to kill, then they would have run up against my 1-shot unNKable. But there is also the death of Lataro. If that is the case, then we have more than one kill to worry about still. It wouldn't surprise me to see two or more SKs in a game of this size, especially with the long deadlines.

On the oracle result, It seems to confirm greenlover as town.

for the lie dectector, if you so choose:
I am a mason, who was unNKable last night.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
iroZn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby iroZn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:59 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote: I alignment copped bignose: he is scum.



So I highly suggest lie detecting this statement. While it also makes sense for us all to claim town and then lie detect one of us, that will only get us a one in 17 chance (although this can be narrowed down) of finding scum. If we lie detect this statement these are the possibilites:

This statement is false: means that FAOT either didn't alignment cop bignose or bignose is town
This statement is true: FAOT alignment copped bignose and he is scum.

If it is true, we know that bignose is scum and FAOT must be town (he did alignment cop bignose scum would not do this to another scum).

If it is false we know that FAOT is lying about either "I alignment copped bignose" or "bignose is scum".
If he is lying about "I alignment copped bignose" then he must be scum because I can't see any reason to lie about this except for a ploy at 'cup in front of you in front of me' to get him out of being targeted as scum.
If he is lying about "bignose is scum", he is scum.

If he is telling the truth we lynch bignose, if he is lying we lynch FAOT. Once we get the info about the lynch we will know definitively if the person we didn't lynch is scum or not, and we can lynch the other person or confirm they are town.

Can anyone find a fault in this logic? *btw I am pretty intoxicated so I wouldn't be surprised*

existential_elevator wrote:IroZn is the Suprised Squirrell


^This is true

I am town.

And, every one of the posts MartinW reported sounded forced so I don't think we can trust any of the names mentioned, except possibly that it seems ahippo actually was targeted by something. e_e's name was mentioned so much that I it makes me think e_e is town because it feels to me like they were trying to make sure we heard his name and so we would think he is scum. that being said it could of course just be a trick again.

I was going to vote for DL if Krong was town, because he was independent though I can't decide either way.

I will vote once I know who got lie detected and what the result is.
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

User avatar
iroZn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby iroZn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:04 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Can the lie detector be used before the end of the day?
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:09 pm UTC

BigNose wrote:What do you mean that I was pushing? Can you not read the back and forth with Roband not 5 posts before yours?
I have a Voting restriction that means that I must be the first to vote on someone. Once I have voted on them, I cannot mention their name (even in quotes) once the day is complete. http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65778&hilit=zoo+mafia&start=200#p2385237, or anyone who is dead.


You and roband could be scum working together as well. He knows who three townies are and seems to be working with you.

Further still you havent posted "I am town" so that martin can lie check you. You've also broke you're posting restriction on e_e's Vote, which means you're either lieing or something bad will happen to you (which can only be good for the town).

I'm more than happy to be lie-checked on any of my last posts using martins invention if it needs to be proved that I am telling the truth. I fear Big Nose has a double kill and will use it tonight once if hes not lynched today (I think I'm a fairly likely target now).

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:38 pm UTC

EBWOP:

BigNose wrote:This from Day 2, when we still had 19 players according to his own post. he states that 7 were not included, but only goes after those that posted, but didn't eat from the trough. Maybe the Scum didn't want to post within the 24 hours that we knew the trough was available, but to dismiss them from any arguments is outrageous. But it is this 'reasoning' that he is using to 'select the four' and not being able to tag any others, goes after me. Because I was only 1 of 4, who posted while the trough was available and didn't eat from it, as opposed to the other 7 who didn't post at all.. I did say that I would eat from it, but there was a particular reason not to at the time. If necessary I can reveal later.


You seem to completely misunderstand the logic between the narrowing down of the 4. Let me break it down for you BN:

1. In Martins post one of the scum claim that they have a posting restriction. The list was made up of all the people who have claimed to have a posting restriction. It can't be someone who hasn't claimed because the message said that they had claimed it publically.

2. The trough results were then added to the list of those who had claimed. The logic in this is that the person in martins post with the double night kill and unlynchable will show up as red or clear (for having either an offensive role or an offensive and defensice role).

3. That left 4 people who didn't show up blue and who have a posting restriction. Your name was one of them along with:
mpolo (whos role-claimed, showed clear)
RoadieRich (who roband claims is town)
DarkLoink (was going to be cleared or found guilty on N2 anyway through the lynching of Kronk)

This left me only one target from those four who seemed like the msot obvious one to cop, and that was you. So I copped away and you came back as scum.

I wouldn't try to attack my logic again, because it works.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:46 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:You and roband could be scum working together as well. He knows who three townies are and seems to be working with you.
No comment. We can all make speculations.

ForAllOfThis wrote:Further still you havent posted "I am town" so that HeWhoShallRemainNameless can lie check you. You've also broke you're posting restriction on e_e's Vote, which means you're either lieing or something bad will happen to you (which can only be good for the town).
Posting the obvious is pointless as plenty have subscribed to.
As far as I am aware, I have NOT broken my posting restriction. I cannot mention who I vote for AFTER the day ends and anyone dead. As E_E is still alive (as far as I am aware) then I can still use his name, even though I voted for him today as my 'must vote first' restriction.

ForAllOfThis wrote:I'm more than happy to be lie-checked on any of my last posts using HeWhoShallRemainNameless invention if it needs to be proved that I am telling the truth. I fear Big Nose has a double kill and will use it tonight once if hes not lynched today (I think I'm a fairly likely target now).
Now where did you get that 'double-kill from? Thin air? Just like the rest of your tirade? Trying to scare others into voting for me?

You have used false logic to select me, trying to push on me 'lying' about my voting restriction and now trying to 'beef-up' my so-called kill power (which is so NOT).

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't work.

Unvote
Vote: FOAT


Previously, I could lay it off as potential Town on Town, but you are pushing way too hard with wrong logic and poor judgement.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm UTC

I don't think an e_e lynch is a good idea. That just smells of wine. The scum did not know I'd listen in tonight, I never said that I listen in more than one night. But they knew from the start they were being listened to, so that doesn't really clear the wine up that much.

Any idea how it works? Will it just reveal that their role claim / alignment claim is a lie or will it reveal if theres just one lie in their entire post? I would say use it on me to calm any doubts that people have about what I claimed.

Good idea. It just says true or false for a single quote. Now waiting on Silknor's reply.

Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm UTC

I am town.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm UTC

(Last post was just in case the lie-detector needs to hit whole posts, will be posting "for real" in a minute or three here)
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

Ninja'd.
OK, I think you are referring to this:
I just want to remind you guys that I am invincible to lynch as I can "emotion redacted" everyone's votes to have no effect on me so once our friend the gerbil is dead, I can carry out the NK if needed. I'm not sure how to play up on my claimed restriction tomorrow though. I want to at some point be able to use my extra kill but I think claiming what I did today, no one is going to bother to reply.

Again, you just seem to assume that:
a. I am Scum
b. I am the "emotion redacted" one - Therefore have the 'extra kill'.
c. Scum haven't lied about any restriction (that CAN'T happen, can it?)
d. The quote is correct. - They seemed to 'know' that they maybe under surveilance, so we have to be careful about what bits we can take as true and which bits are wine.

I'm sorry, but what you consider is hard evidence, to me is just Scum trash-talk. It isn't coherent, therefore you are wrong/Scum.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:03 pm UTC

EBWOP
Nameless wrote:Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.
LOL, now that I have my vote restriction out of the way for today, you and everyone can directly vote without the 'Major FoS, Vote tbd' issue.

Almost left a name in there.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
iroZn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby iroZn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:03 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.


Well this lie detector will totally decide my vote for today. If we end up lynching Bnose because of it and he ends up being town then I'll vote to lynch MW tomz.
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:10 pm UTC

iroZn wrote:
MartinW wrote:Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.

Well this lie detector will totally decide my vote for today. If we end up lynching Bnose because of it and he ends up being town then I'll vote to lynch MW tomz.
As a mason, MW is pretty much verified town at the moment. To be honest, I'd be suspcious about people thinking otherwise. If it's wrong, it's more likely that the invention is paranoid somehow.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:11 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Mavketl wrote:
I wrote:Yeah, that's good enough for me, I'm willing to vote BigNose on that. I'll wait a while to give people (especially BigNose) a chance to comment, but I'm voting in 1,5-2 hours since I'll likely be offline for a good while after that.

Since we seem to be taking things slow, I'll wait with that vote.

(This is kind of a useless post but I hate it when I said I would do something and I don't without explanation.)

Slow and steady, I like that idea! You come up with the best ideas, you are so smart. I love you, don't you love me too?


Firstly, if this is still nessersary (Since MartinW lie detected the thing already):

I am town.

On e_e, I think I'm going to just treat it as wine for now but I will be keeping a closer eye on her(?).

I think our best option is to lynch either FOAT or BN depending on the lie detector result. And then Martin if BN turns out town. FTC is a bit lazy but it certainly guarrentees to hit one lying scum out of the three.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby rrwoods » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 pm UTC

Last things first: Thanks for clarifications on mpolo's ability; I didn't realize there was a distinction between drinking and drinking deeply.

On to what seems to be the main matter at hand right now:
BigNose wrote:Phew. I thought I was going to be screwed, cos I also have a voting restriction.
I have to be the first person to vote on someone new each game day and then can't mention them again.

Later:
BigNose wrote:After our PM exchange, he has increased that restriction so that I cannot refer to them in ANY capacity from the following day

I don't know if this is squirming or genuine.
BigNose wrote:Regarding your cop claim, what you have stated is nothing new, except about greenlovers animal. Are FOAT and GreenLover scum?

Nothing new? Including you being mafia?
BigNose wrote:His reasoning for choosing the 4 was wrong in the first place and his continual attempt to use that as justification is also wrong.

This is moot after he's copped you.
BigNose wrote:(See me at L-2/L-1)

Folks, shall we put him there?

BigNose, you still haven't posted "I am town". What are you afraid of?

PPE:
BigNose wrote:LOL, now that I have my vote restriction out of the way for today, you and everyone can directly vote without the 'Major FoS, Vote tbd' issue.

Aw, that's cute, he's encouraging us to lynch him quicker so's we can end the day with less information.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:15 pm UTC

Spoiler:
MartinW wrote:I don't think an e_e lynch is a good idea. That just smells of wine. The scum did not know I'd listen in tonight, I never said that I listen in more than one night. But they knew from the start they were being listened to, so that doesn't really clear the wine up that much.

Any idea how it works? Will it just reveal that their role claim / alignment claim is a lie or will it reveal if theres just one lie in their entire post? I would say use it on me to calm any doubts that people have about what I claimed.

Good idea. It just says true or false for a single quote. Now waiting on Silknor's reply.

Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.

Good logic there. You are a very logical person for sure. I love you.


existential_elevator wrote:
iroZn wrote:
MartinW wrote:Major FOS with vote to follow once lie detected: Bignose.

Well this lie detector will totally decide my vote for today. If we end up lynching Bnose because of it and he ends up being town then I'll vote to lynch MW tomz.
As a mason, MW is pretty much verified town at the moment. To be honest, I'd be suspcious about people thinking otherwise. If it's wrong, it's more likely that the invention is paranoid somehow.


EBWOP:
Wait, when was MartinW confirmed as mason? Sorry if I totally missed this, I skimmed most of early D2.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
iroZn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:49 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 1-ZooKCD's Lynch Circle

Postby iroZn » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
BigNose wrote:(See me at L-2/L-1)

Folks, shall we put him there?


Sorry for my noobishness, what does the L-2/L-1 mean and rrwoods comment "Folks, shall we put him there" mean?
I am imaginary, prove me wrong!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:26 pm UTC

Someone asked why I think the masons are tigers even though Lataro was a wolf. It's because I read the spoiler at the start of the day. There it says (paraphrasing from memory) that Lataro dressed up like a tiger on Halloween and liked it so much that he kept the costume on and stayed in the Tiger Masons. That probably outs our third mason as well.

I believe that MartinW only has mason chat because of his overhearing, not because he himself is a mason.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:36 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:Last things first: Thanks for clarifications on mpolo's ability; I didn't realize there was a distinction between drinking and drinking deeply.

On to what seems to be the main matter at hand right now:
BigNose wrote:Phew. I thought I was going to be screwed, cos I also have a voting restriction.
I have to be the first person to vote on someone new each game day and then can't mention them again.

Later:
BigNose wrote:After our PM exchange, he has increased that restriction so that I cannot refer to them in ANY capacity from the following day

I don't know if this is squirming or genuine.

And I then later defined what the MOD and I settled on.
I even pointed out the post in which I did it. Stop trying to stir up trouble, where there isn't any.

rrwoods wrote:
BigNose wrote:Regarding your cop claim, what you have stated is nothing new, except about greenlovers animal. Are FOAT and GreenLover scum?

Nothing new? Including you being mafia?
BigNose wrote:His reasoning for choosing the 4 was wrong in the first place and his continual attempt to use that as justification is also wrong.

This is moot after he's copped you.
BigNose wrote:(See me at L-2/L-1)

Folks, shall we put him there?

BigNose, you still haven't posted "I am town". What are you afraid of?

PPE:
BigNose wrote:LOL, now that I have my vote restriction out of the way for today, you and everyone can directly vote without the 'Major FoS, Vote tbd' issue.

Aw, that's cute, he's encouraging us to lynch him quicker so's we can end the day with less information.

Sorry, thought you could work that out for yourself. If his reasoning is wrong, then his claim is just pushing on that he is Scum trying to get me lynched. I (potentially) know why.
The reason I haven't posted 'I am Town' because it is irrelevant.
I am Town.
No, I am helping out those with Vote restrictions who life in this game is being made very hard because of it.
If we get to L-2, I feel I will have to claim, but not before then.

[META: IronZ, L-1 is lynch count minus 1, ie we have 9 votes to lynch someone today, so L-1 is 8 votes on someone.]
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:41 pm UTC

My win condition is people need to realize my spicey awesomeness. As you seem to be doing (it seems more of a fun win condition then a serious one, and I like that).

Can we hold off on hammering to arrange night to end on the 21st, so I am again invincible? I AM a Triple voter (sometimes) so I can help balance the vote restrictions and am useful at lylo.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:42 pm UTC

Ahahaha.

You're so worried because you know Martin's result is going to prove that I am telling the truth and you know it! I've already pointed out my logic isn't flawed.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 pm UTC

I'm probably going to be out most of the day tomorrow, but I should get back in time to help show the awesomeness of the spice. A "now" would be helpful for coordinating that, of course.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Dark Loink
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Upriver

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

I probably should have sent a poem to FOAT, but thats not what my heart told me to write(or I got ninja'd by his cop and didn't read it, and therefore now cannot prove it today, but probably the first one :wink: )

also, I picked up a cell phone, and was hoping I may get to call people with it, or that it would do something-but it would only work if someone else had a cell phone. If someone invented another cell phone, then I could probably make use of this thing. Even though it may do nothing, right now its just a chunk of flavor and that makes me sad.

Big nose and FOAT are having quite the argument. Big Nose claimed the emotion I sent in though. I know it is in the game, and nobody else claimed it. Although FOAT could still be cop, too, and honestly thats quite the claim to make as scum without much pressure on you.

I don't feel like voting yet, even though its a short day, I want to read it a bit more.

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby RoadieRich » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:18 pm UTC

What duration is left until deadline?
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 pm UTC

40.5 hours.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 am UTC

Best potential end time is around 11pm est Saturday. Wait, it is Saturday.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:19 am UTC

Sigh. Silknor said there are two statements in the FOAT copped Bignose and got scum. So I'll resend it with only:
I got a scum result on Big Nose last night.

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:22 am UTC

EBWOP:
I also sent in:
I am town.

For in case the second one also counts as two statements.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 am UTC

think our best option tomorrow is to try to frame e_e. He/she has been pretty scummy (Nice idea with the claiming a rolecop btw!) and it wouldn't take too much to get an e_e lynch.

I've been trying to figure out how FOAT got greenlover's animal and I think I know how.
The quote above is from the N1 chat. Here, is mentioned the idea of claiming role-cop, which seems to come from Scum discussion in N1. At that stage of the game, the Scum only THOUGHT they were being monitored and therefore could be a bit lax in their conversation.
We know that our 'Informant who shall remain nameless', doesn't know if they get all of the chat, or if some is missing. Obviously, anything about other Scum names will have been withdrawn (if only they hadn't . . . sigh) so the potential is we are missing some of the conversation.

Knowing the animal is (virtually) useless, as there is no alignment between the animal that you chose for yourself and the emotion that has been chosen for some else.

I think that FOAT is Scum role-cop and had role-copped greenlover in N2 and in his 'important results post' conveniently stated the bleedin obvious, using his new greenlover animal as a 'see, how would i know', knowing that greenlover would corroborate him and effectively put him as a star in everyone's eyes/how could he be wrong!

FYI: As stated before, D3 ends around 4pm UTC Sunday and before then, assuming we haven't lynched FOAT, or Scum haven't hammered me, I will claim.

ForAllOfThis wrote:Ahahaha.

You're so worried because you know Martin's result is going to prove that I am telling the truth and you know it! I've already pointed out my logic isn't flawed.

Your logic is flawed!
1. In 'Informant who shall remain nameless' post one of the scum claim that they have a posting restriction. The list was made up of all the people who have claimed to have a posting restriction. It can't be someone who hasn't claimed because the message said that they had claimed it publically.
Your whole logic is based on Scum always telling the truth!
Which game are you playing?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
MartinW
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 pm UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:13 pm UTC

FOAT is town. Confirmed by Silknor. That simplifies matters.

Vote: BigNose

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby greenlover » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

MartinW wrote:FOAT is town. Confirmed by Silknor. That simplifies matters.

Indeed. Since FOAT is town, he would have no motivation to lie about his powers, or what he found out with those powers. Also, he would have no motive to call so much attention to himself, unless he was sure of his results.

Vote: BigNose

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby Silknor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:22 pm UTC

Votals:
FOAT (1): BigNose
MartinW (1): Roband
BigNose (3): FOAT, MartinW, Greenlover

9 to lynch. 24.5 hours remain.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby _infina_ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:28 pm UTC

Makes enough sense. I guess BigNose is at a 95% chance of being scum.
Vote: BigNose
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby BigNose » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:54 pm UTC

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this, but it looks like I have no choice but to claim:

I am a DOCTOR.
I am ashamed to vote on anyone, but especially if I am the first one, which is exactly what I have to do.
Hence, I cannot state their name, as my job is to save people, not attempt to kill them.
It is also the reason why I cannot state anybodies name who is dead, as it makes me ashamed that I failed to save them.

I have tried to covertly state that, hinting at the reverse of what FOAT has been calling me, but obviously it hasn't been enough.

Well Town, it's your call: Him or me?? Claimed Cop or claimed Doc?
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
Posts: 3328
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret
Contact:

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:02 pm UTC

I'm going to wait on that lie detector result :roll:


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessie, Evil George Washington, Sabrar and 13 guests