Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

MartinW

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 3-Chanting "LALALA"

Postby MartinW » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:14 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:I'm going to wait on that lie detector result :roll:

I've posted it. Read up a bit.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:01 pm UTC

I'd be a bit more willing to believe you-could you say who you targetted night 2? Because remember Lataro didn't die from the mafia kill, so you, if you are telling the truth, stopped it.

I'll probably vote later today.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

MartinW is town as far as I'm concerned. He can verify that ForAllOfThis is also town.

Therefore,
Vote: BigNose

(Later voters should keep in mind the "takes -2 to lynch" thing that Brooklynxman gets going, I suppose.)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:27 pm UTC

I have no reason to lie and I'm now a confirmed townie.

If Me and Martin were scum (now the only possibility), then why would we both lie and reveal ourselves as mafia when we could of just let e_e or someone else be lynched today. Neither of us were lynch targets so it would make no sense for us to both lie.

Big Nose is scum, not a doctor!

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 pm UTC

It seems clear with the cop, and everything else. I need to go to bed, so that's all I'm posting today.
Image <-- Evil experiment

roband

Postby roband » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 pm UTC

No time to read, sorry.
Unvote
Vote bignose

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:23 pm UTC

Spoiler:
MartinW wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:I'm going to wait on that lie detector result :roll:

I've posted it. Read up a bit.

Although short, your posts are always so thoughtful! I love you.

Yeah, no real time to make any comment right now.
And you thought I was crazy...

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 pm UTC

I'm thinking this is a hammer. I don't really have a whole lot to say. I mean there's not much to say. I'm thinking that it'd be pretty difficult for BN not to be scum. So

If the people who copped me can contact me that would be nice. I'm not overly concerned about it but I would like to know a little bit more about you if you can tell me.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:55 pm UTC

roband wrote:No time to read, sorry.
Unvote
Vote bignose

No time to read? Who are you, the queen? Surely you can read something? You're just going to blind vote on the bandwagon and hope for the best?
greenlover wrote:
MartinW wrote:FOAT is town. Confirmed by Silknor. That simplifies matters.

Indeed. Since FOAT is town, he would have no motivation to lie about his powers, or what he found out with those powers. Also, he would have no motive to call so much attention to himself, unless he was sure of his results.

What if he was a lyncher? Or just a plan, regular annoying person who likes being annoying in order to annoy people when they play? Green lover, are you even Green or a lover? Do you love green things? Are you pro-green? Your name is so conflicting for me, what on earth do you stand for and who even are you? It makes my brain hurt, so it does.
RoadieRich wrote:What duration is left until deadline?
Oh he of such great erudite composition, don't you know the deadline is 4pm sunday? It's right there! In the opening post!
weiyaoli wrote:I love you.
D'awww, I love you too. Kidding. You are so loose with your affections, I feel like I should have to pay for your company.
MartinW wrote: The scum did not know I'd listen in tonight, I never said that I listen in more than one night.
That seems naive! Why, how do you anticipate what they know? You're not of them! They clearly seem to expect that they could be listened in on at any particular moment!
ForAllOfThis wrote:I wouldn't try to attack my logic again, because it works.
Oh, your logic works, does it? Does it really work all the time? Are you a vulcan, completely incapable of illogical action?

Man, I am too tired for snarking. Hope that's my quota filled.

vote: BigNose

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 pm UTC

Some 300 years in the future, a young Sally the Snake slithered into her bed. She asked her father for one story before she slipped into sleep. Sammy the snake asked his daughter which story she would like to hear. And without hesitation, she replied: "Tell me about the Emperor Penguin and his wicked ways again!" Sammy smiled and picked the third chapter in the story for that night.

He begun:
Twas mid-afternoon when the Emperor Penguin, feeling as vain as always turned to his magic mirror and asked:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall / Who in the zoo is cutest of all?"

Came the rejoinder: "The gerbil is fairest of all."

Rage and jealousy filled the heart of the Emperor Penguin, "this will be dealt with!" he declared loudly. And so he worked his evil ways, and donned the gerbil ScummyMcGerbilson. He gathered some supplies: an eye of newt, some maiden's blood, and an iNewt before casting his spell. Thus was his will was made truth through his wicked, witchy ways. He then turned and whispered a suggestion to a certain young investigator, who was not a gator: "I heard that gerbil has some creepy stuff in his house...um...like...NAZI stuff! Yeah, Nazi stuff. You should check it out tonight." The investi-nota-gator, fresh on the beat and desperate for a real case, played his part perfectly. That night, he searched the gerbil's house and quickly found a Nazi pin, still slightly damp, but he didn't stop to think about why that might be. The next day, he revealed his results, and the town quickly obliged, fulfilling EP's wishes, deciding that the gerbil should be lynched.

The Emperor Penguin read off the results:
"1 vote for FOAT!
1 vote for MartinW!
Super Many votes for the Bignose the gerbil, let's see how cute you look after I'm through with you!"

As it turned out, skinned, stuffed, and baked gerbils don't look very cute at all.

Sammy turned towards Sally and asked her: "Now honey, what's the moral of this story?"

Sally answered swiftly, "If you're going to be vain, it helps to be a witch instead of a mere queen!"

[Note: Understandably, certain parts of this story have been lost and rewritten, embellished and forgotten over time. Sammy the Sagely Snake advises against reading too much into his tale.]

BigNose has been lynched. It is now Night 3, which will end by noon EST Sunday, 17 hours from now.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Silknor

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 3-Storytime

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 pm UTC

It was a warm fall morning. The leaves were changing colors and lining the paths with their beauty as the winds blew them down, one by one. The sky was crisp and clear, with only a few light whisps of clouds, high above. It was a day to just sit back and revel in the the majestic nature of the world. A day for weddings, art, and poetry. It was the best of times, and one could say without exaggeration that this was the most beautiful day of the year.

But to say this, one would have to not look at the central square of ZooKCD. For there was no beauty there, only a cold deluge of death and destruction. There, it was the worst of times. Piled haphazardly around the gallows, apparently dragged by the Emperor Penguin from their their beds, were three corpses. And on top of the gallows was the EP, dancing with reckless, and yet surprisingly coordinated, abandon. Dancing like he just didn't care who was watching. Which was everyone left alive.

BigNose has been lynched. He was the Shameful Gerbil, tunneler of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW).
RoadieRich has been killed by the Mafia. He was the Verbose Barn Owl, tracker+watcher, town.
rrwoods has been killed by some "PEWPEW" noises, he was the Perpetually Confused Dhole, ???, town.
ForAllOfThis has been killed, he was the Levelheaded Polar Bear, cop+rolecop, town.

Roles of the deceased:
Spoiler:
BigNose-Shameful Gerbil-Member of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW). You know that killing the non-adorable animals is necessary, but it brings you shame. As such, you may never mention, even in quotations (or votes for the next part), the name of anyone killed by the Mafia. The same goes for anyone you try to lead a lynch on and fail, after not being able to lynch someone, you can’t bring yourself to face them again. Lead a lynch on is defined as being the first voter on someone for that day. Fail is defined as them not being lynched the same day. You must lead at least one attempted lynch per day. Your ability to tunnel makes you ideal for carrying out the Mafia’s Night Kill. You are immune to trackers and watchers.

RoadieRich-Verbose Barn Owl-As a nocturnal flying creature, you find it easy to gather information during the night. You may target 3 players and for each choose either to track or watch them during the night. But when you are awake, you just can’t shut up! For each game day, you must be in the top 4 players in numbers of posts or you die. You also are strongly encouraged, but not required, to use as many long words and wordy run on sentences as possible. Town. [I think Roadie did a great job of capturing the true nature of verbose. It wasn't practical to make a requirement that each post have a certain average syllable length or be at a certain reading level, so the formal requirement was for number of posts, but the spirit was definitely the type of posting that RR did.]

Rrwoods-Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must ___ at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: ____.

Every night you may target a player and watch how they act, this is separate from your above night ability. You will then get an updated role PM with a blank filled in. You win if all anti-town players are eliminated.

D2: Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must exclaim your joy and/or try to cheer someone up at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: you can send as many PMs (at any time of day) as you like to the mason group by sending me the text you want me to forward to them.

D3: Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must exclaim your joy and/or try to cheer someone up at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: you can send as many PMs (at any time of day) as you like to the mason group by sending me the text you want me to forward to them.

[Sadly, because he only targeted people without night abilities, he never got to target a player and do something to them!]

Levelheaded Polar Bear-You’re the friggin’ sheriff! No one messes with da bear! While most animals lose their focus at night, you’re sharp as glass 24/ 7. This lets you investigate people while they’re in a state where they can’t even notice you poking around their dwellings. Each night you can target two players, learning the role of one and the alignment of the other (sane, some may be immune). Town.

It is now day 4. 13 players remain. 7 to lynch. 42 hour cap, making the end be Tuesday 7:30 AM EST.

Yes. It's a short day. We've on day 13 of 21. Night 4 will probably last 12 hours.

Anyone with nightchat now has day chat for the last 12 hours of the day. It is expected that this will be used for night activities and not coordinating day strategy.

Activity has been great so far, but to ensure that days can be as long as possible: A player who does not post during D4 will be modkilled, unless they PM me during D4/N4 with a reason why and a promise to contribute on D5.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 4-Autumn Beauty

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

Silknor wrote:Greenlover is the Content Sabertooth tiger.

Also: shiiiii....

Only one of those kills was mafia :shock: Do we still have 2 rogue SKs?

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm UTC

The mafia has an invention, right? (The litmus trough, et cetera.) Could they use it to get an extra kill somehow?

(More later, I don't have time right now.)

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:05 pm UTC

Guess we might get more info when Martin posts?

Also: I may be an old hat, but I'm not a great player. However, usually at this stage in the game I've learned the bad guys tend to be the ones posting less. If Lataro were here I'm sure he'd come up with some good stats for us. Does anyone want to go through and let us know who's been under the radar a lot lately? That might give us a good place to start looking to.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

Awesomeness. I was wandering towards FOAT. We can narrow down his killers. :-D Let me get the list: Wow. No one visited. It seems he was killed by someone untrackable. But I'm not sure I see everything in my wanders, so maybe not. Anyone else see anything? Also, mentioning untrackable, my latest invention just made me that. Useless really, as scum fully know about me.

Eavesdropping:
Argh, they have so many roles that can out us.

With tears in my eyes for my newly lost friend I search high and low through the zoo for the things I need, I find:

1. In the bathrooms I find a bunch of empty toilet rolls.
2. In the janitors closet I find a pressured air cylinder, originally used to blow up balloons
3. In the gift shop I find some rubber bouncy balls , and a magnifying glass

I head home to work furiously.

Barrel: toilet rolls tapped together
Propulsion: pressure air cylinder
Ammo: rubber balls
Sights: magnifying glass

I create: The Cwutest Snipah Wifle of Wengeance Evaar!

I think this was the PEWPEW.

It makes sense. Use this one, M.

Who do you guys think we should target with the sniper? Here are the people who voted for BigNose:

ee
ahippo
weiyaoli
roband
mpolo
mavketl - no v's
_infina_
greenlover - oracle results indicate possible bunny
FAOT

FAOT is a cop, confirmed town, wery wery dangerous. He will most likely be doctored tonight so we can use our sniper to kill him, there is a chance he is a bunny, but I think we'll have to take it, vote aye if you agree.

T-Rex out.

Good evening gentlemen.

I would have preferred you waited for my guidance, but I see you have been ahead. Idle talk would be the death of you. The gerbil was our sacrifice, remember?

As for now, I will be handling the kills entirely myself.

Also:
On a different topic, I am not sure about our dear towny inventor. Although he does appear towny, he has posted nothing that he would not already have access to if he was scum. Thus, it would be great if you could ask him to post one of our mason chat PM's (not one that possesses confidential information, of course) in the morning. If he follows through, then we can be confident that he really is listening to these chats, and, if that is true, that he is towny and not scum feeding info from our chats to the scum (due to the simple fact that you were probably targeted by scum kill last night, when he should know that you are immune to NKs.). If he does not follow through, then we can be confident that he is bluffing, and should be lynched. Thoughts?

Oh Hai.

Final thoughts: It seems the mafia consists of cute animals. That could be helpful later on.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:27 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:Some 300 years in the future, a young Sally the Snake slithered into her bed. She asked her father for one story before she slipped into sleep. Sammy the snake asked his daughter which story she would like to hear. And without hesitation, she replied: "Tell me about the Emperor Penguin and his wicked ways again!" Sammy smiled and picked the third chapter in the story for that night.

He begun:
Twas mid-afternoon when the Emperor Penguin, feeling as vain as always turned to his magic mirror and asked:

"Mirror, mirror on the wall / Who in the zoo is cutest of all?"

Came the rejoinder: "The gerbil is fairest of all."

Rage and jealousy filled the heart of the Emperor Penguin, "this will be dealt with!" he declared loudly. And so he worked his evil ways, and donned the gerbil ScummyMcGerbilson. He gathered some supplies: an eye of newt, some maiden's blood, and an iNewt before casting his spell. Thus was his will was made truth through his wicked, witchy ways. He then turned and whispered a suggestion to a certain young investigator, who was not a gator: "I heard that gerbil has some creepy stuff in his house...um...like...NAZI stuff! Yeah, Nazi stuff. You should check it out tonight." The investi-nota-gator, fresh on the beat and desperate for a real case, played his part perfectly. That night, he searched the gerbil's house and quickly found a Nazi pin, still slightly damp, but he didn't stop to think about why that might be. The next day, he revealed his results, and the town quickly obliged, fulfilling EP's wishes, deciding that the gerbil should be lynched.

The Emperor Penguin read off the results:
"1 vote for FOAT!
1 vote for MartinW!
Super Many votes for the Bignose the gerbil, let's see how cute you look after I'm through with you!"

As it turned out, skinned, stuffed, and baked gerbils don't look very cute at all.

Sammy turned towards Sally and asked her: "Now honey, what's the moral of this story?"

Sally answered swiftly, "If you're going to be vain, it helps to be a witch instead of a mere queen!"

[Note: Understandably, certain parts of this story have been lost and rewritten, embellished and forgotten over time. Sammy the Sagely Snake advises against reading too much into his tale.]

BigNose has been lynched. It is now Night 3, which will end by noon EST Sunday, 17 hours from now.
Silknor wrote:It was a warm fall morning. The leaves were changing colors and lining the paths with their beauty as the winds blew them down, one by one. The sky was crisp and clear, with only a few light whisps of clouds, high above. It was a day to just sit back and revel in the the majestic nature of the world. A day for weddings, art, and poetry. It was the best of times, and one could say without exaggeration that this was the most beautiful day of the year.

But to say this, one would have to not look at the central square of ZooKCD. For there was no beauty there, only a cold deluge of death and destruction. There, it was the worst of times. Piled haphazardly around the gallows, apparently dragged by the Emperor Penguin from their their beds, were three corpses. And on top of the gallows was the EP, dancing with reckless, and yet surprisingly coordinated, abandon. Dancing like he just didn't care who was watching. Which was everyone left alive.

BigNose has been lynched. He was the Shameful Gerbil, tunneler of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW).
RoadieRich has been killed by the Mafia. He was the Verbose Barn Owl, tracker+watcher, town.
rrwoods has been killed by some "PEWPEW" noises, he was the Perpetually Confused Dhole, ???, town.
ForAllOfThis has been killed, he was the Levelheaded Polar Bear, cop+rolecop, town.

Roles of the deceased:
[spoiler]BigNose-Shameful Gerbil-Member of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW). You know that killing the non-adorable animals is necessary, but it brings you shame. As such, you may never mention, even in quotations (or votes for the next part), the name of anyone killed by the Mafia. The same goes for anyone you try to lead a lynch on and fail, after not being able to lynch someone, you can’t bring yourself to face them again. Lead a lynch on is defined as being the first voter on someone for that day. Fail is defined as them not being lynched the same day. You must lead at least one attempted lynch per day. Your ability to tunnel makes you ideal for carrying out the Mafia’s Night Kill. You are immune to trackers and watchers.

RoadieRich-Verbose Barn Owl-As a nocturnal flying creature, you find it easy to gather information during the night. You may target 3 players and for each choose either to track or watch them during the night. But when you are awake, you just can’t shut up! For each game day, you must be in the top 4 players in numbers of posts or you die. You also are strongly encouraged, but not required, to use as many long words and wordy run on sentences as possible. Town. [I think Roadie did a great job of capturing the true nature of verbose. It wasn't practical to make a requirement that each post have a certain average syllable length or be at a certain reading level, so the formal requirement was for number of posts, but the spirit was definitely the type of posting that RR did.]

Rrwoods-Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must ___ at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: ____.

Every night you may target a player and watch how they act, this is separate from your above night ability. You will then get an updated role PM with a blank filled in. You win if all anti-town players are eliminated.

D2: Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must exclaim your joy and/or try to cheer someone up at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: you can send as many PMs (at any time of day) as you like to the mason group by sending me the text you want me to forward to them.

D3: Perpetually Confused Dhole: You are totally confused about what you can and should do. As a very social animal, your only hope is to see what others do and copy them. You may not ___, but you must exclaim your joy and/or try to cheer someone up at least 3 times a game day. Every night you maybe target a player and either ___ or ____ them. By the way: you can send as many PMs (at any time of day) as you like to the mason group by sending me the text you want me to forward to them.

[Sadly, because he only targeted people without night abilities, he never got to target a player and do something to them!]

Levelheaded Polar Bear-You’re the friggin’ sheriff! No one messes with da bear! While most animals lose their focus at night, you’re sharp as glass 24/ 7. This lets you investigate people while they’re in a state where they can’t even notice you poking around their dwellings. Each night you can target two players, learning the role of one and the alignment of the other (sane, some may be immune). Town.[/ spoiler]

It is now day 4. 13 players remain. 7 to lynch. 42 hour cap, making the end be Tuesday 7:30 AM EST.

Yes. It's a short day. We've on day 13 of 21. Night 4 will probably last 12 hours.

Anyone with nightchat now has day chat for the last 12 hours of the day. It is expected that this will be used for night activities and not coordinating day strategy.

Activity has been great so far, but to ensure that days can be as long as possible: A player who does not post during D4 will be modkilled, unless they PM me during D4/N4 with a reason why and a promise to contribute on D5.
A change of pace to wake me up and bring me ever more happiness.

Vote: e_e
Three town rolecops would be a bit excessive, and the other two have proven town.

Martin, wrong one.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:44 pm UTC

The dead have died, for they were killed
three passed away in the night
the mafia cries are tears of joy
for the death toll, town is the height

Our love, in this world is forever billed
for we may never be together, if aligments clash
I hope that if against me you have no ploy
Instead we can celebrate, have a bash

Much was said, much was made
the keen eye picks up on many things
the mafia speak in mind of MW's ears
hopefully today we pick up on scum pings

To find peace here, a price must be paid
Those still alive are made to suffer
Together we try to live, in vain it appears
I'll never give up, I'll just become tougher

No cell phones I saw, call you I could not
My flavor in my pocket, forever, it may rot

And I guess now we understand the whole gerbil thing in the mafia pms. Thats a lot of nightkills in one night, and a lot of death for one night.

The mafia seem to have just started talking wike this. Wery strange, why would whey start now?

I just don't know, baby. I don't have all the answers. Maybe some ideas, though?
Ninja'd:
Yeah. there seemed to be a bit of mason information in that pm you quoted.

Man , rrwoods had a really interesting role.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 pm UTC

One thing that jumped out at me was that the scum seems to be trying to avoid bunnies in their kills -- which are of course very cute animals. There may be some sort of a mechanic there.

I'm still staying with the townie thing:

Vote: _infina_

(Back in a second to unvote.)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:55 pm UTC

Drink deeply from _infina_ (This was just sent by PM as well.)

Unvote

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:59 pm UTC

Interesting thought masons. Between us we have a shared secret (the messages), if I chose a sentence from one of the messages and used it to encrypt a message, which I then posted in the thread I can communicate privately with you. Or at least as private as the messages which provide the key originally were.

I figure a simple application should do. (The mafia aren't realy going to try and crack the encryption mathematically or sniff connections), so how about this online applet: http://www.xorbin.com/tools/sha256-hash-calculator to create the hash, and this for the actual encryption http://members.tripod.com/irish_ronan/r ... pplet.html

Password is the phrase missing's word's first letters all in capitals. This bit is part of the same message I partially posted to prove my townieness (above the part I did post):
TOTRCHMCRWTTHN. TTTINCWP. TMIWTPATOMWOS. TIHMEOH, _____. HAWBRITM.

(I may have missed a letter or two in the message, but the part that is the code should be obvious anyway.)

Code: Select all

693e6713e96eefda25bb9aa2066c87b7

56dd1996d0a4fd14008b72a53c4d7a5f

6fc7245392091aaeb5f045c934297ef5

6181d7f11d04ce4e3a05a035c0468ddf

bd991638a1a1dda3fa7f22e72c66ce7e

663067646d3eea8d682fac4a98f7e2cf

6bed40ddfc1efdd13dc330bb29ef4b97

9f1e7da4aa9a7765935df127af362ddf

1140f44bcbbeb657d974239297e6384d

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

EBWOP:
[quote=_infina_]Martin, wrong one.[/quote]
I'm afraid I only got part of the night talk (most of them not complete posts) so I'm not sure which message I was supposed to post.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

The horn of truth appears!

Oracle result on existential_elevator:

existential_elevator wrote:
roband wrote:No time to read, sorry.
Unvote
Vote bignose

No time to read? Who are you, the queen? Surely you can read something? You're just going to blind vote on the bandwagon and hope for the best?

As opposed to your sterling example? The one where you hop on the bandwagon after the hammer?

greenlover wrote:
MartinW wrote:FOAT is town. Confirmed by Silknor. That simplifies matters.

Indeed. Since FOAT is town, he would have no motivation to lie about his powers, or what he found out with those powers. Also, he would have no motive to call so much attention to himself, unless he was sure of his results.

What if he was a lyncher? Or just a plan, regular annoying person who likes being annoying in order to annoy people when they play? Green lover, are you even Green or a lover? Do you love green things? Are you pro-green? Your name is so conflicting for me, what on earth do you stand for and who even are you? It makes my brain hurt, so it does.

His name makes your head hurt? What about your name? The hell is an existential elevator? Thanks to you, I now have migraines. I'll send you the friggin' bill.

RoadieRich wrote:What duration is left until deadline?
Oh he of such great erudite composition, don't you know the deadline is 4pm sunday? It's right there! In the opening post!

Haven't you ever heard of discrete temporal relativity? Or to put it in terms you might understand, time zones? 4pm sunday where?

weiyaoli wrote:I love you.
D'awww, I love you too. Kidding. You are so loose with your affections, I feel like I should have to pay for your company.

He's more likely to get paid for that than you are for your snark. Seriously, I've never seen anyone so loose with their words. Good job killing any chance of someone paying you to snark them.

MartinW wrote: The scum did not know I'd listen in tonight, I never said that I listen in more than one night.
That seems naive! Why, how do you anticipate what they know? You're not of them! They clearly seem to expect that they could be listened in on at any particular moment!

Oh, reverting to the perfect scum hypothesis are we? Why don't we just throw our hands in the air and say this is hopeless since the scum will never make mistakes?

ForAllOfThis wrote:I wouldn't try to attack my logic again, because it works.
Oh, your logic works, does it? Does it really work all the time? Are you a vulcan, completely incapable of illogical action?

What would that make you? Would you be a...actually screw it, I'm with you on this one! The food in the trough was cooked in wine for a reason. Logic that! I bet he didn't even bleed green. Some vulcan.

Man, I am too tired for snarking. Hope that's my quota filled.

Oh. You think you have such a hard job, do you? You want to switch roles with me? I'd love to live a carefree life, snarking on occassion. Let me tell you something. Modding Zoo Mafia is hard. I've already lost 3 of my clones to fatigue.

vote: BigNose

More like "vote".

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 pm UTC

Second EBWOP:
By creating the hash, I mean hashing the password to create hexadecimal digits for the encryption applet.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

The Oracle on e_e is pretty snarky, which makes it hard to see what is going on there. But it seems to say that e_e has to vote each day, at least. Or that the vote she placed on BigNose wasn't whole-hearted.

FoS: existential_elevator

Vote: MartinW

Unvote

Vote: rrwoods

Unvote

Vote: roband

Unvote

Since there's only 13 left, I only have to vote for 4 now. I am free to participate normally.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:25 pm UTC

Continue to use that key martin. Image
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Code: Select all

fdc3a0e97cf1ae6016f7cb13a3817c67
9937be29c8a92fa49eebe6e8b1dae550
91f11063bb65a6e34c5359849f52e688
c93817c6c7e32887209e578898fcc2fb
e9120c40eb3ef351998a853ad5c667c6
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:33 pm UTC

At long last. The dead bodies had been hauled away by the trusty ox. Of course, no one suspected the ox could actually be part of the mafia, he was clearly much too dimwitted for that.

But then, from the depths of hell, came Ms. Fifi, devil poodle! Ms. Fifi, hair carefully brushed and then brutally burned, leapt straight at iroZn and tore into him with a level of skill commensurate with being the 3rd incarnation of the Poodle From Hell. iroZn's mortal coil snapped, and his energies drained from him, through Ms. Fifi., and into a masked figure at the edge of town. With a wave of his hand, the mask figure summoned Ms. Fifi back and quickly disposed of her, for her purpose had been served.

iroZn has been killed. He was the Surprised Squirrel, inventor for the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW).

12 players remain. 7 to lynch.

IroZn/djkjr: Surprised Squirrel: Member of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW). You enjoy bringing nuts back to your house. That’s normal. You’re a squirrel, and it’s going to be a long winter. You also enjoy bringing tools you don’t understand back to your house though, and that’s a little strange. After all, your brain is well…smaller than a walnut and so you don’t know how these things work. As you might expect then, these tools usually do things you can’t predict. Inventor.

The details of the inventions cannot be released until the end of the game.
N1 Invention: Litmus Trough
N2 Invention: A pair of Heart goggles salvaged from some acorns that look like hearts and wire from the T-Rex enclosure
N3 Invention: The Cwutest Snipah Wifle of Wengeance Evaar!

Player List:
Spoiler:
-3. Lataro Jovial Wolf. Member of the Happy Tiger Masons. Rolecop. Killed N2.
-2. Elvish Pillager (one-up on Lataro! neener-neener-neener) Distracted Dodo. Survivor. Lynched D1.
-1. Misnomer (I'm not caged in here with you... you're caged in here with me!) Rightfully Vengeful Narwhal. Vigilante. Killed by the Mafia N1.
0. Dark Loink (ANIMAL! )
1. Krong (is intrigued) Punctual Pistol Shrimp. Serial Killer. Lynched D2.
2. mpolo (after the utter failure in the last turbo, I need redemption)
2.718281828 Martin (I never said I'll be back. Ah well, back in any case)
3. existential_elevator
π. RoadieRich (RoadieRich = R squared) Verbose Barn Owl. Town tracker+watcher. Killed by the Mafia N3.
3.333.... djkjr (rawr?) replaced by iroZn Surprised Squirrel. Mafia Inventor. Killed D4.
4. _infina_ (maybe I can handle 1 game right now.)
5. greenlover (I never really did anything last turbo, soooo)
6. ForAllOfThis (two by two...) Levelheaded Polar Bear. Town cop+rolecop. Killed N3.
7. ahippo
7.5 weiyaoli
8. Mavketl (gone Nov 13 - Nov 16)
9. roband (there's no limit to player numbers, right?)
777. Brooklynxman (not really 777)
134. Dr Ug (moo).
1337. rrwoods (woof) Perpetually Confused Dhole. Town. Killed N3.
SQR(-1) BigNose (You decide where it goes) Shameful Gerbil. Mafia Tunneler. Lynched D3.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 4-Ms. Fifi: Demon Poodle!

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:20 pm UTC

...What the hells just happened? :shock:

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

Wait, did we just kill a scumster? MartinW, that's not one of your inventions, right? We actually have a viglike Ms. Fifi? Awesome.

I have no idea what to make of that oracle result.

Right, so let's see who we have fairly confirmed:

Town:
_infina_ and greenlover as the masons (no, I'm not 'outing' anyone, it's been said in this thread so many times and I cringed every time and if scum didn't pick up on it yet they must be comatose).
Dark Loink as the amorous Whale who finds townies.
MartinW as inventor/listener.

Alignment unsure:
mpolo as the switcher vampire bat thing. (unsure not because I don't believe his claim, but because we have no way of knowing if he's currently town - I think he is, though)
existential_elevator as a rolecop.

There's also a bunch of people who haven't really posted much or at all. For example, what the hell is up with Dr Ug? That post happened at the end of D2 and I think it was mostly ignored afterwards. He seems to be claiming a temporary post restriction, and he claims that he did receive DL's townie love message but "only just now" which seems weird?

Brooklynxman has been fairly quiet, too. On D2 he didn't believe DL's claims about Krong being scum.

Neither did roband. I don't think we've seen much of roband after his "these three people are town" thing (which still does not make him town). Interestingly, two of the three people he pointed out as townie died last night. MartinW, the third, is still alive. MartinW, were you unkillable by any chance? Not sure if this means anything, I just noticed it.

ahippo did jump on the Krong wagon fairly early on D2. He hammered BigNose on D3. This makes him seem townie to me.
ahippo wrote:If the people who copped me can contact me that would be nice. I'm not overly concerned about it but I would like to know a little bit more about you if you can tell me.
He seems to be under the impression that he got copped (he mentioned it twice) - anyone has anything on that, or was it our resident evil rolecop?

weiyaoli votes BigNose when it's inevitable. He did not vote for Krong on D2.

I think that was everyone, except for myself. I think DL will confirm my townieness as a result of yesterday's love poem. Also, by the way, what's this about?
Overheard scum PMs wrote:ee
ahippo
weiyaoli
roband
mpolo
mavketl - no v's
_infina_
greenlover - oracle results indicate possible bunny
FAOT
Am I missing something obvious here? What does that mean? I mean, I know my role and all and it makes no sense to me, so I don't think it's from a cop result.

Dark Loink, any news on the love note yet?

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:02 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:Dark Loink, any news on the love note yet?

Oh yeah, baby, I sent that in to you d3, and you responded. So yeah, mav is town.
Whats weird is the fifi thing. It seems odd, as it didn't happen until today.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:07 pm UTC

Sorry, I meant today's - I'm an impatient one. ;)

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:Sorry, I meant today's - I'm an impatient one. ;)

I just got this message from the mod saying that DL was town, so I am guessing today's poem was directed at me.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:12 pm UTC

Yeah, baby, that wasn't the best idea of mine.
Read the thread more next time, huh? :P

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 pm UTC

Introduction

In this study we shall show why Mavketl's comprehension is sub-par. We have conducted a rigorous investigation using several well-recognised and validated (both internally and externally) measures, and show below, the results.

Methods and Materials

By looking at a single paragraph from Mavketl's most recent post, we have then interpretted this making full and complete use of knowledge known to the public as a whole, as well as to us as individuals. Specifically, the paragraph investigated is thus:
Mavketl wrote:For example, what the hell is up with Dr Ug? That post happened at the end of D2 and I think it was mostly ignored afterwards. He seems to be claiming a temporary post restriction, and he claims that he did receive DL's townie love message but "only just now" which seems weird?

Results

Thinking I'd only just received the PM
The first failure of understanding was the interpretation of my inspirational bardic undertaking. To suggest that this stanza:
Dr Ug, PhD wrote:The message DL claimed
was as it was famed.
I received it, but only just now
And it confirms what DL said and how.
Which makes my vote much easier: Vote: Krong
is an attempt to convey recent modly conveyance misses the depth of meaning the author was attempting to protray. Instead, it was an ode to his recent hibernation-like otiosity, leading to a temporally proximal rendezvous with his inbox. The resultant redemption of the emailed notification of contemporary modly communication informed the author of an action less temporally proximal. It was not a suggestion of modly slothfulness, but rather an indication of the continual industriousness in other facets of life of the individual in question in recent diurnal cycles.

The suggestion that I am faking a temporary posting restriction
Mavketl wrote:He seems to be claiming a temporary post restriction
I refer the deficient critic to my previously published work for an answer to the impotent slur. My prediction of the affect of my assigned emotional category, whilst certainly based in impecable logic, failed to be borne out by in later time points. Instead we have had to modify our theoretical model for the behaviour of said emotional category, to be more based on whim of some higher being, rather than the emotional catagory of recently deceased case studies.

Discussion

As we have shown in the above study, Mavketl should really take more care when interpreting (or attempting to interpret) poetry of such immense import and quality. The shallowness of her interpretation of the author's intention shows a distinct lack of insight into the author's mind, and any further publications from this simpleminded author should be taken with an iota of brine.

I would also like to apologise for my inactive over the weekend, it was rather busy. I should be back to normal activity levels now.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:42 pm UTC

DL's claim seemed far too convenient to be true. In all fairness, I am semi-independent and now that I am out in the open can openly state I am focusing as much on maximum utility of my spiciness as finding scum. Have we seen an animal claim from e_e yet?

In addition, unless you don't believe my claimed (and semi-proved) power, you can't think I am scum, as thats ridiculously overpowered, and I would never claim the specifics, giving town a schedule of when they can lynch me.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 pm UTC

Yes, I claimed red panda.

Honestly, I think if we're still following the whole underwater thing, we should be following our aquatic leads. See: hippo.

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 am UTC

Once again I choose terrible times to post. This week I have no school after Tues. Mostly I've been busy/anxious about tryouts for a community theatre type thing. As I see from the list of Ziron's inventions the term "goggles" appeared. and if you remember. Well...

A pair of Heart goggles salvaged from some acorns that look like hearts and wire from the T-Rex enclosure

I don the goggles and have a good hard look at ahippo, it will be good to get some information about someone we so far have no clues about.

Target: Ahippo

That was some of the chatter Martin picked up. That's why I thought I was copped. And that's most likely why no one said anything about that. Because it was the Mafia who copped me. So this essentially confirms that I am not a member of the mafia, yes?

On the... Poodle thing. What? I mean that's just weird. Maybe it was a one shot power? Inventor role? It doesn't seem like the type of thing a townie would use but it attacked a Mafia member so... I really don't know for sure.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:24 am UTC

ahippo wrote:Once again I choose terrible times to post. This week I have no school after Tues. Mostly I've been busy/anxious about tryouts for a community theatre type thing. As I see from the list of Ziron's inventions the term "goggles" appeared. and if you remember. Well...

A pair of Heart goggles salvaged from some acorns that look like hearts and wire from the T-Rex enclosure

I don the goggles and have a good hard look at ahippo, it will be good to get some information about someone we so far have no clues about.

Target: Ahippo

That was some of the chatter Martin picked up. That's why I thought I was copped. And that's most likely why no one said anything about that. Because it was the Mafia who copped me. So this essentially confirms that I am not a member of the mafia, yes?

On the... Poodle thing. What? I mean that's just weird. Maybe it was a one shot power? Inventor role? It doesn't seem like the type of thing a townie would use but it attacked a Mafia member so... I really don't know for sure.

And yet, we still have to deal with the potential "leading us on because they know we are listening" shit. I tend to believe you are townie, though with you and DL being townie, that means someone else out there can dive.

Spoiler:

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:25 am UTC

Ummm.... Aren't red pandas awfully cute?

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 am UTC

http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/tag/red-panda/

For suitable definitions of the word "cute", that is friggen adorable.

Spoiler:

Return to “Mafia”