Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 4-Ms. Fifi: Demon Poodle!

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:50 am UTC

Vote: e_e

Another triple voter? Possible. A cop sent anonymously through the mod (then claimed, apparently, but the mechanic seems to have been anonymous)? Possible. Dismissing the lie detector results, along with the other evidence against e_e, in favor of both of these only possible things? Not going to happen.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

ahippo

Postby ahippo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:41 am UTC

Okay I suppose it's understandable. I figured I would give it a shot and see if anyone supported me. I'll keep my vote, though I doubt it'll make much of a difference. I'll still keep the name of the person to myself.

And BTW. Another triple vote? When did we hear about the other one? I figured the claim would get me some flak, but figured it was worth the risk. It's a sort of "I know the full story but can only hope you'll believe my side" deal. I understand Martin's concern that what I'm doing may just be some terrible attempt to save e_e, but to be truthful I didn't even think about that when I posted.

I was tempted to OMGUS e_e, earlier because if you remember he (e_e is a guy right? Sorry if my memory doesn't serve well) voted for me earlier today. I mean, that ought to do something for my case right? Usually scum distancing happens when one is under suspicion and the others vote for the one to avoid seem like they wanted that person alive. That definitely didn't happen.

Also considering the way they actually targeted me with the goggles. My guess is that the mods wouldn't let you send in an action on a false player alias though I wouldn't really know.

What I mean to say here is if the adorable mafia inventor copped me I can't be a part of their mafia can I? And e_e was voting me long before any other type of suspicion was on me. If it helps (though I doubt it does) I absolutely agree that e_e is scum.

That's all. G'night. See you on D5 (hopefully)

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:13 am UTC

I'm going with E_E for the reasons listed before (lie detector, too many town rolecops, strange behavior, …) Greenlover is a sabre-toothed tiger, and we know the masons are the "Tiger Masons" and most people wouldn't class a sabre-toothed tiger as "adorable". None of that is decisive of course. We had a wolf disguised as a tiger in the Masons, for instance, and who knows what Silknor finds cute and cuddly.

Vote: existential_elevator
Image <-- Evil experiment

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 am UTC

Dear Editor,

I followup to my previous letter. It appears the work of MartinW was as incompetent as I expected. As I stated in my previous letter, even were his study to be positive I would have considered voting anyway. The lack of a result does not change this.

Vote: E_E

Dr Ug, PhD
Where did my old signature go? :(

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 am UTC

That's one vote from a lynch by my count. When was deadline?

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 am UTC

Thanks for voting me. Just a thought: don't you have to use inventions on the day they're made for them to work?

Fury, thousand suns, etc.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 am UTC

That's really sucky that the lie detector didn't work properly. And well, it's nearly deadline and I have zero influence on today's lynch: I can hammer e_e, but I don't think I want to, and I can try to get greenlover closer to a tie, and I really don't want to do that, though I'm interested in hearing more of this scum hypothesis.

ahippo wrote:Another triple vote? When did we hear about the other one?
Brooklynxman has one on spice days (next one: Nov 24).
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 am UTC

:( I want to live. And the only better than me lead I have is ahippo, but y'all won't believe me.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:00 am UTC

The greenlover issue seems solvable, by the way.

We know that _infina_ is a mason (confirmed by MartinW, tiger, et cetera). _infina_ knows who the other masons are. So _infina_ knows if greenlover is scum or not. _infina_ and MartinW can communicate with their code thingy.

ahippo says that another person claims that greenlover is scum. I think this other person should be outed. If they are _infina_ or MartinW, greenlover is scum. If they are somebody else, they're going to have to come up with a pretty strong argument about why we shouldn't lynch them, since greenlover seems pretty confirmed town. If ahippo is unwilling to out the other person, I think ahippo is going to have to come up with a pretty strong argument about why we shouldn't lynch him. :P

We can catch a scumster out of this, no? It seems rather unlikely that it's all town vs town.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:02 am UTC

I am happy with any plan that doesn't involve lynching me, or that will get you somewhere in the event of my death.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 am UTC

It involves so many people that I doubt we'll be able to pull it off before the day ends (though I would like to). At the very least, I hope ahippo can tell us the name of his mystery contact, in the event that he won't be able to do much of anything after N4.

roband

Postby roband » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 am UTC

Mav, that makes sense. Deadline is looming though, no?

I'm still happy with an e_e lynch, to be honest.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 am UTC

Looming like nobody's business.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 am UTC

It was nice towning with you guys, anyway. Us Europeans are clearly the superior form of Mafia-players. Sorry I had to snark you all so hard, it was obviously to make me un-cute.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:26 am UTC

If we could get a couple of the pieces to fall together, I'd be willing to move my vote. As it is, I'm pretty happy with e_e as a target, barring something major (and extremely quick).

I had thought about trying to use my "ability" as a sort of cop function, but it's pretty dicey, as it could trap me as scum right as I am night-killed/lynched, which I don't want.

Ninja: Sorry if you turn out to be town, e_e.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm UTC

ahippo wrote:Hey guys. I had a little problem with my internets here. But I think this is the only opportunity I have to do this. I have received an anonymous PM claiming to be from [name redacted]. The person later, in thread, confirmed that it was indeed from him/her. I agree that e_e has been pinging me and should be lynched, but I trust that the person I received it from is town. I'm not exactly sure why it was sent to me, but I think it might be that I have a triple (yes triple) vote. It's a one shot action. This person wanted me to vote so as not to draw attention to his/her own self. Essentially it said greenlover is scum. I would have to say that this doesn't seem all that outrageous. If this person turns out to be wrong I will immediately point to the culprit, but as for now I tend to believe the message.

Vote: greenlover

Ninja'd. Ohai DL. Yeah it came back on for no apparent reason. Just like it went off! :P

Greenlover is confirmed town by my lovely poetry. And was pretty much confirmed anyway.
So no. Not doing that. I trust what my hearts says, baby. baby baby baby.
And he is pretty likely mason. So I really don't think greenlover is scum. I mean, Krong was a godfather sk, but the poetry still worked on him.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm UTC

existential_elevator has been lynched. It is now Night 4. Night 4 will last 12 hours at most.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Elvish Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Postby Elvish Pillager » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

As the town dragged EE up the gallows to be lynched, he assaulted them relentlessly. Snark poured unending from his foul mouth, and you could see the looks of pain on his lynchers' faces.

Arriving as evil as always, but also slightly chilly, EP planned his next move with care:
“I’ll pillage this village,
And raze all the maize!”

Ok, not so much with care as with careful attention to syllables and rhymes. But before the pillaging could begin, there was ceremony to attend to!

EP read out the vote counts:
“One for greenlover! Better luck next time fella!
Wowsomany for EE! We have a winnnnnnnnnnner!”

Glancing at EE one last time, EP saw something he had never noticed before. Beautiful fur! A colorful raccoon skin cap would be his! Looking around for a weapon, he found a milky tooth, and knew he must draw blood. How he managed to so adroitly wield this weapon without opposable thumbs, or even fingers, we’ll never know. It probably involved lots of duck tape. Or, as he liked to call it, dinner tape.

As thus it came to pass that EP’s head was as warm as the fires which he would bring forth.
Also known as Eli Dupree. Check out elidupree.com for my comics, games, and other work.

GENERATION A(g64, g64): Social experiment. Take the busy beaver function of the generation number and add it to your signature.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm UTC

...that made everything worth it <3

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 am UTC

The Evil Penguin was pissed. Only one bloody body for him to dance upon? How dare they!

"Kill each other! Or I'll kill you myself..." he warned ominously.

existential_elevator has been lynched. He was the Snarky Red Panda. Godfather/Rolecop of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW).

It is now Day 5. 11 players, 6 to lynch. 33 hours (9:30 AM EST Thursday). Same posting/modkill rule as yesterday.

EE's role:
Spoiler:
EE-Snarky Red Panda-Member of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW). You’re the center of attention when the humans come to visit, and frankly, you’re sick of it. The kids pointing, the parents snapping pictures, it’s all too much. And so you turned to murder. But while sharp claws and teeth may break my skin, words will rub salt in the wounds. And so as long as you’re alive, AWWW won’t kill anyone unless you’ve made fun of them earlier that day. You can make fun of avatars, usernames, grammatical mistakes, or spelling errors (but make sure it hurts! No wimply little “you mean their, not they’re”), and other things like logical fallacies or newbie reasoning. Make sure to PM both mods when you snark someone, so we can tell you if something isn’t snarky enough and can keep track of who you can kill. As a bonus, each night, you may rolecop one of the players you snarked during that day. You’re the nominal godfather (e.g. final say on NK and who carries it out). This passes to another member upon your death. Being godfather has no other benefits.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

MartinW

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 5-Angry EP

Postby MartinW » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 am UTC

Hi town. So, two mafia down, that's good. Sadly I again do not have much time.

Overhearing for the night:
Dive dive dive

Also, I invented a once-off daykill for non-aquatic animals.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 am UTC

Day started after midnight. Wondering if they tried to kill me and it blocked.

In other news I think we can confirm that the mafia is cute (to Silknor's definition of cute). I am going to assume that we are searching for a seal in the mafia as the aquatic animal (I believe it was mentioned earlier in the flavor, as one of the animals the narwhal could kill if you mentioned it.

Would the informant please step forward now?

Spoiler:

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 am UTC

HOLY CRAP!
This is exciting, baby. With three members of the AWWW dead, I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole orginization DELETED by the end of today.(since all martin got was one pm)
Silknor wrote:The Evil Penguin was pissed. Only one bloody body for him to dance upon? How dare they!

Is this some strange sort of way of asking for a lynching CHALLANNNNNGE?!

Your face, it ref'esh's all lik' a china rain,
Your vot's, th'y flow like a Juniper Breeze
Your posts, th'y fl're like a Woodburning Fireplace
Your av'tar-it f'eds o'r imag'nat'on like a Cashmere Bouquet
Yo'r r'le, it ent'c's lik' the Pure Seduction Type
Your em't'on, it sw'et'ns us like some Lemongrass & Ginger
Our l've, it fli's free like Angel Wings
Your presence- it keeps the thread lit, like th' larg'st candle in the cabinent.

Also, a hippo, I know that submissive doesn't mean you obey everything, but
STINY!
GET ME A DANISH!

MartinW wrote:Overhearing for the night:
Dive dive dive

Also, I invented a once-off daykill for non-aquatic animals.

Hey stickly man
WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT are you doing? Inventing a day kill for night animals while a mafia sea animal likely roames free?

DOUBLE DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!

And all they think they know how to do aqautic actions? No WAAAY, they're just a kid. Maybe when they're older!

Really wondering about what roles are now, we're getting close to the end of the turbo, and its likely that the mafia is indeed has an aquatic animal.
In role terms, I am the very strongest. You guys are not very strong.

But yeah brook is probably right, water animal. Seal is an interesting idea, eh steve?

Brooklynxman wrote:
Would the informant please step forward now?

Excardon me, but if you're trying to get the mafia to claim, Brittany, its prabanly not going to work.

I guess its worth a shot though. Or I didn't understand the post.

So you can probably guess, something happened to me during the night. You can tell this from the posts, which I speak. They may seem, from now on, different.

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:25 am UTC

Or ahippo could out them. Either way. I was giving them an opportunity to explain themselves (which there is an honest possibility of happening, if small).

Spoiler:

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 am UTC

Yay for reading past the wine :D

My role is now practically vanilla, apart from the damn vote restriction.

I'd still happily vote for mpolo. I need to look back at how many players we have left alive.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:36 am UTC

Dark Loink wrote:So you can probably guess, something happened to me during the night. You can tell this from the posts, which I speak. They may seem, from now on, different.
Yeah, you sound like you're on crack.

So, ahippo still being alive and all, feel free to explain what was going on yesterday.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 am UTC

Roband, I am town at the moment, and with one mafia member (apparently) left, I don't have any motivation whatsoever to try to become a mafia member.

We have one cute aquatic animal that dove in the night (presumably avoiding detection and the like). By his diving, he apparently gave up the night kill (unless we've got some doctoring going on).

Did Dark Loink the whale just get snarky on us?

Dr Ug also sort of changed his posting style yesterday, which we didn't really comment on.

To stay town:

Vote: _infina_

Drink deeply from _infina_

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am UTC

Ok, I'm happy with that mpolo :)

I don't really have reads on anyone. 11 players seems a lot, compared to those who are posting.
Maybe it's deceptive.

Who's lurking?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 am UTC

EBWOP:

Unvote

Vote: Makvetl

Unvote

Vote: roband

Unvote

Vote: DarkLoink

Unvote

O.K., I'm all full.

Tomorrow, 25. November, is Thanksgiving over in America, and I will be cooking together with my English students most of the morning. As a result, I won't be online until afternoon, Europe time, most likely.

Ninajed: Thanks for the vote of confidence, roband. We need to compile a list of claims and see where there are holes, it seems.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 am UTC

roband wrote:Who's lurking?
Three posts on D3, one post on D4.

(Disclaimer: I didn't actually check everyone, I had just noticed weiyaoli's absence already. And there is no list of living players and I'm lazy/in a hurry/both.)

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:52 am UTC

Not many on D2 either.

Hmm. Certainly something worth considering.

It also looks like Weiy claimed his emotion, but not his animal.
Not that I'd trust a claim from him now anyway.. Grizzly Bear, I expect.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Silknor wrote:existential_elevator has been lynched. It is now Night 4. Night 4 will last 12 hours at most.
Silknor wrote:The Evil Penguin was pissed. Only one bloody body for him to dance upon? How dare they!

existential_elevator has been lynched. He was the Snarky Red Panda. Godfather/Rolecop of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW).

It is now Day 5. 11 players, 6 to lynch. 33 hours (9:30 AM EST Thursday). Same posting/modkill rule as yesterday.

EE's role:
[spoiler]EE-Snarky Red Panda-Member of the Adorable Wonderful Wild Wafia (AWWW). You’re the center of attention when the humans come to visit, and frankly, you’re sick of it. The kids pointing, the parents snapping pictures, it’s all too much. And so you turned to murder. But while sharp claws and teeth may break my skin, words will rub salt in the wounds. And so as long as you’re alive, AWWW won’t kill anyone unless you’ve made fun of them earlier that day. You can make fun of avatars, usernames, grammatical mistakes, or spelling errors (but make sure it hurts! No wimply little “you mean their, not they’re”), and other things like logical fallacies or newbie reasoning. Make sure to PM both mods when you snark someone, so we can tell you if something isn’t snarky enough and can keep track of who you can kill. As a bonus, each night, you may rolecop one of the players you snarked during that day. You’re the nominal godfather (e.g. final say on NK and who carries it out). This passes to another member upon your death. Being godfather has no other benefits.[spoiler]
Yay! another mafia member down, and no townies killed.

So, pings from weiyaoli, who others are noticing, too, ahippo moved onto the list for voting a confirmed townie.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:So, pings from weiyaoli, who others are noticing, too, ahippo moved onto the list for voting a confirmed townie.

A hippo is on the list! HOLY CRAP!
That make sense, I guess. But still.

And weiyaoli has been lurking, and hasn't claimed an animal, so that is important.
A hippo is a hippo though, which is why I'm unsure of him being scum.

A can I get a RESTRICTED!

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:00 pm UTC

Holy fuck that is the most annoying post restriction I have seen so far. I guess you're not allowed to tell us what it is?

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 pm UTC

I'm reading that restriction in a Yorkshire accent. A bit like the old butcher from Coronation Street

Americans, please ignore this post.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm UTC

I'm reading it like
Spoiler:
ImageCrazy Dave.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 pm UTC

0. Dark Loink (ANIMAL! )
2. mpolo (after the utter failure in the last turbo, I need redemption)
2.718281828 Martin (I never said I'll be back. Ah well, back in any case)
4. _infina_ (maybe I can handle 1 game right now.)
5. greenlover (I never really did anything last turbo, soooo)
7. ahippo
7.5 weiyaoli
8. Mavketl (gone Nov 13 - Nov 16)
9. roband (there's no limit to player numbers, right?)
777. Brooklynxman (not really 777)
134. Dr Ug (moo).

And these are all the players.

HOLY CRAP! We have 11 players!
one mafia left...and eleven players leaves a bit of room for mis-lynching. Wondering who they targetted, because, nobody died.
Although, not caring about it doesn't sound to dangerous. It sounds...dangeresqe!
Mavketl wrote:Holy fuck that is the most annoying post restriction I have seen so far. I guess you're not allowed to tell us what it is?

I can understand clearly you are asking me for a roleclaiming challange!
Notice how I didn't have it before. My non-posting restriction streak suddenly got DELETED!
Maybe if we got a hippo, we could clear this up.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:21 pm UTC

EBWOP:I'm not say a hippo did this, baby, but he would be able to get it right maybe.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 pm UTC

Entirely appropriate.

Spoiler:
roband wrote:Not many on D2 either.

Hmm. Certainly something worth considering.

It also looks like Weiy claimed his emotion, but not his animal.
Not that I'd trust a claim from him now anyway.. Grizzly Bear, I expect.

3 guesses what animal I am. And two of them don't count.

Apologies for just dropping off during D3 and D4 but I became inactive in my other games too so I wasn't trying to lurk.
And you thought I was crazy...

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm UTC

A Holy crap!
existential_elevator wrote:Anyway, on the off-chance you do turn against me, I'm spewing out the information I was afraid to spew out:

Darkloink is the Amorous Whale.
ahippo is the Submissive Hippo.
IroZn is the Suprised Squirrell

I firmly suggest looking at ahippo re: scumtalk hiding under water thing. Submissive, submerge, etc.

Although BigNose is our obvious lynch target, let's draw day out long enough to see other people's reactions to all the insane amounts of info.

I am still not happy with mpolo's presence.

Just so we remember this, E_E was a rolecop...
how did we not notice that there were 3 results for 2 nights?
And E_E named Irozn, who was scum. That is interesting, really.
Just thought it was interesting, baby.

Return to “Mafia”