Zoo Mafia-End-The Evil Penguin is Dead!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Silknor

Re: Zoo Mafia-Night 5-Lynch Ninja Penguin!

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:40 am UTC

"Go SEA TEAM. Fightin' Fish, you can crush those Landlubbers!" chanted the Evil Penguin.

EP didn't really care if that reflected the actual sides to this war. He just hated landlubbers. As he was born on land and spent a good amount of his time there, this gave him some self-esteem issues, probably the root of his sadistic and anti-social behavior.

But I better get out of this armchair before EP bites me. And his teeth hurt. So lets talk about our sole shared interest...murder.

There were two that night. The first happened around 5 am. The laser-guided robot was spun around 50 times and became very dizzy (loose circuits in the inner ear). It then wandered off in a random direction towards Mavketl's house. When it found the tiger, sound asleep, the lasers swiftly disposed of Mavketl's life before turning on the robot itself. There was no evidence left as to who built it.

The second happened an hour later, just before sunrise. A rogue pack of adorably sneaky knives flew through greenlover's window and right through him. Improbable? Probably. A frame job? Definitely.

We just a bit over 5 days remaining on the game before the cap is reached. Due to Thanksgiving and the recent rapid pace, this will be a 48 Hour Day. Night 6 processing will begin as soon as the time cap is reached, but will be short if a lynched is reached before that, so get those night actions in ahead of time, conditionally if needed.

Greenlover's and Mavketl's roles:
Spoiler:
Mavketl-Sanguine Unicorn- You don't mind being in the zoo, people bring you food, no one is out hunting you for your magical horn, life is good, and the way you see it things can only get better. This good humor and optimism does tend to get in the way of your lynching people though. You just can’t bring yourself to lynch anyone who hasn’t expressed anger, discontentment, or sadness that day. It’s ok to lynch those people right? After all, they’re better off in the afterlife, when whatever is troubling them is good. At least that’s what you tell yourself at night. PM the mods if you’re uncertain who you can vote for.

Your magical horn is not just a deadly weapon of murder that you’d never dare use (except for lynching someone who seems sad!). It’s also a mouthpiece for the gods above. Every night, you can point it at one person. In the morning, a public oracle posting on that player will appear, guiding you in your joyful quest. Town.

Greenlover-Content Saber-tooth Tiger-Member of the Happy Tiger Masons. You’re a lucky tiger. Completely content, you feel like someone’s always rubbing your furry belly. You’ve already have a token win just for being so content. But hey, a win you have to earn would be nice too. Your peaceful nature makes you harder to lynch. When determining who gets lynched, the number of votes on you is reduced by X/5, where X is the number of players alive, yourself included. Town.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 6

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:48 am UTC

Dark Loink wrote:First off, I just want to say A HOLY CRAP!
Then I want to say baby.

There we go.
Next, I want to show you all something sauseom!

Brooklynxman, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
Dr Ug, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
Martin W, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
_infina_, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
mpolo, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
roband, you have been formally invited to join my nightclub.
Please come visit. I know we're new, but all we care about is service.

Join Nightclub

Okay lets start with OW! You stole my tooth you son of a penguin.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Dark Loink

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 6-Don't let EP bite you!

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:07 am UTC

Holy crap, baby, here we go:
The nights, they pass so fast
The penguin, he plays he game
the pawns will always come in last
It never ends, its always the same

We have to win, we have to survive
The clock is near done, the time has almost passed
the end is coming, and we're inside the hive
the pain is nearing, and I'm paying less attention to the quailty of my rhyme scheme and syllable scheme.

But we can do it, we can work together
I believe our roles were made for each other
creme da la crap, a word rushed to my head
of a world not forgotten, not quite yet dead

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:44 am UTC

I'm in love with DarkLoink!

And so, I'd better

[spoiler]Join nightclub[/b]

I won't be back for about 10 hours or so.

Vote: _infina_

Drink deeply from _infina_

I haven't heard anything that convinces me that I am town despite what I drink, and am not taking any chances.
Image <-- Evil experiment

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 am UTC

EBWOP: Except, of course, for this:

Unvote: _infina_

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 am UTC

OK. It seems a missed quite a bit while sleeping. First off, I overheard nothing for the night. But maybe that's because Silknor is still waiting on my invention. DL, did you hear anything? Oh, BTW, DL since you have mason messages, did you try and decrypt my message?

It seems there are a lot of mafa. Probably to counteract the very powerful town like DL and me.

Roleclaim: I've already claimed the disorientated, inventor and wandering. My animal is all that's left. I am a ratel, or a honey badger. It's a very tough animal, I was hoping to be nightkill immune, but instead Silknor focused on it's tool usage to give inventor. I did still get nightkill immunity from my wandering though.

Just a quick post as I caught hope. Hopefully there'll be more later.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:27 am UTC

There's more scum? Christ.

I have nothing to go on here.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:52 pm UTC

roband wrote:There's more scum? Christ.

I have nothing to go on here.

But, holy crap, you do have a sweet new night club to join and all that.

And the hurricane may have been flavor, I just find it strange, baby, that a shrimp was told he wouldn't die from a flood or a hurricane but did exactly that. At the same time martin's been extrememly effect so its hard to think of him as not town.

And I didn't get any messages, so thats strange.Then again, wei probably sent the dive dive dive, and he died. So that would leave our diver left?

And I didn't check out the encryption much, although I probably should.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:56 pm UTC

I'll pass on joining the nightclub, thanks.

2 inventors in the same faction? I find this unlikely.

I know MartinW is town, so

Vote Dark Loink

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:58 pm UTC

Fuck. 48 hour day means that I could wait 30 hours, then put a vote on which would be around at the end of the day.
Best case for that, is to wait 18 hours, then vote.

I choose to wait 9. Damnit. I now can't be voting Dark Loink at the deadline, I forgot about this.

I still think he's scum and will keep my vote there, despite it being powerless unless we lynch in the next 30 hours.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 pm UTC

roband wrote:I'll pass on joining the nightclub, thanks.

2 inventors in the same faction? I find this unlikely.

I know MartinW is town, so

Vote Dark Loink

How do you know this? You haven't really said anything thus far to your role, but fine, whatever.
roband wrote:2 inventors in the same faction? I find this unlikely.

Funny, I said the same thing. :P
Its also seems unlikely that I'm a doctor, miller, inventor, with a cell phone, and a secret spy device. And holy crap, it could end up being more.
It also seems unlikey that MartinW is scum. So he's probably town, but I still don't get the hurricane thing, and probably won't til the end.

roband

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 5-Angry EP

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:11 pm UTC

roband wrote:Also, seeing as we're getting close to endgame here:
I claim Mountain Goat (don't ask why I submitted that, I have no idea).
The idea being that I adopted 3 townie 'kids', thus knowing who they were - I had no choice in selecting them though.

That was my claim. I know MartinW is town.

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 pm UTC

Man, holy crap, I suck at remembering role claims. I always ask those claimed! Why did they have to kill Lataro? :cry: I miss my tables!
Well, baby, that still doesn't seem like great reasoning in my opinion, "Martin is town inventor. You claimed town inventor(miller easdropper doctor) so you must be scum." There WERE two town rolecops, and a third scum one. There is one dead scum inventor, and if we're both town inventors, that seems to keep with the balance silknor has.

So thats the only power you have then? Vanilla, know who three townies are, then? Asking to clarify.
roband wrote:Well, also I'm going to reveal that I know that RoadieRich, FAOT and MartinW are all town, in case I get killed tonight.

There, I said it.

That seems to add up then, since you said this D2.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 pm UTC

Yep, and I started a day 1 post with

"Hey kids.."

Just to refer back to, if I needed to at any point. Goat - Kids - geddit?

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:24 pm UTC

roband wrote:Yep, and I started a day 1 post with

"Hey kids.."

Just to refer back to, if I needed to at any point. Goat - Kids - geddit?
Ahh, is funny because is true!

Also, holy crap, now that I think about it:
Dark Loink wrote: Why did they have to kill Lataro? :cry: I miss my tables!

Who did kill lataro? All the information we got was that it wasn't the mafia, and our vig was already dead. Well, that's interesting, baby.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 pm UTC

I can't even remember Lataro dying

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:51 pm UTC

Vote: roband

Unvote

Vote: DarkLoink

Unvote

Vote: MartinW

Unvote

It was good to kill off ahippo (at least on this particular day), as he was sort of scum at least at the moment. But he wasn't the actual AWWW member. There is at least one of those left, as Brook pointed out, it is likely a baby seal or the like, as it can dive. I'll see if I can't get a list of claims together. They're so spread out that I'll probably miss some, then someone can correct it.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:55 pm UTC

So, I got my night 6 invention back from Silknor. It gives me options what to do:
I can ask three questions, he'll give me the correct answer to one and lie about the other two
Or, I can learn two player's vote restrictions
There's also a third option, which is useless if I mention it in public

Ideas on which? I'm thinking the first could be very handy.

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

Here's the N5 Mafia NK. Had I not delayed it, conceivably the timing could've been used to narrow down the scum possibilities, so I had to wait till the deadline all players were told about before the day got cut short.

The Evil Penguin got up on his high horse (it's way faster to get around on a high horse than by waddling, slightly less cute though) and yelled out the to town: "I'm back! Say hello to NK NINJA PENGUIN!"

EP, being hungry again, looked around for a tasty target. He settled on the Ratel, thinking it looked truly succulent. But the EP had taken on a dangerous target. The ratel, despite it's name of honey badger, was no bee-attracting weakling. I'll let my co-mod Wikipedia explain:

"Honey badgers are notoriously fearless and tough animals, having been known to savagely attack their enemies when escape is impossible. They are tireless in combat, and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations. The aversion of most predators toward hunting honey badgers has led to the theory that the countershaded coats of cheetah kittens evolved in imitation of the honey badger's colouration in order to ward off predators.

They can kill snakes, even highly poisonous or large ones; one record describes how a honey badger killed and ate a python 10–11 feet in length. There is at least one record of a honey badger killing a dwarf crocodile.

Because of the toughness and looseness of their skin, honey badgers are very difficult to kill with dogs. Their skin is hard to penetrate, and its looseness allows them to twist and turn on their attackers when held. The only safe grip on a honey badger is on the back of the neck. The skin is also tough enough to resist several machete blows. The only sure way of killing them quickly is through a blow to the skull with a club or a shot to the head with a powerful rifle, as their skin is almost immune to arrows and spears."

As the EP charged in for the kill, MartinW stood his ground. The EP gave Martin a solid whack of the fin! And almost lost it to the unfazed honey badger's claws. Martin pounced, landing a tooth in the EP's side. EP managed to get loose and slowly backed away, lightly bleeding. Martin closed in for the kill, but EP jumped into the river, where he knew the ratel would not follow him. Once underwater EP went to his armory, which contained a single item: Brook's tooth.

When the EP returned to the land and brandished his weapon, even the mighty Martin shuddered in fear, for he saw the knife and knew it was sharp enough to slice through his fortified skin. Thus the dance begun. The EP feinted to his left and the twirled rightward, positioning himself behind the confused honey badger, who quickly lost his tail. Confidence shaken, Martin was felled soon thereafter. Evolution had never prepared him for the slice of the crysknife.

Understandably, the EP, with this massive ego boost, soon became even more annoying than before. From the side lines, a smile blossomed on one of the animal's faces, he had wanted MartinW dead, the was happy to use the EP as his pawn.

MartinW has been killed by the Mafia. He was the Disoriented Ratel, town Inventor+Wanderer.

Invention names:

N1: Hyperthreaded ant based supercomputer with a termite based graphics card
N2: Songbird based POSIX complaint compiler
N3: Super Duper Teutonic Tectonic Catflap
N4: Semi-aquatic robotic exploration vehicle
N5: Super automated library rack

Role:
Spoiler:
Disoriented Ratel- You are a highly intelligent species and actually use tools. This makes you capable of salvaging the ruins of the zoo to make tools even the zookeepers couldn’t have dreamed of. Inventor. I’ll provide more information later, for now take a look at Tank’s role in this game for an idea of what I mean: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26493

But for all your wit and smarts, your inner ear isn’t that good. Hey! Where are you going? Hey that's the Gator habitat, you don't want to go there! Whew, good thing I found you in time, but next time you might not be so lucky. You tend to get lost, terribly lost. Each night, you may choose to go out wandering towards a target house, in which case you may stumble upon activities (You may see things such as A targeted B). You’ll also be immune to night actions while wandering. But since you get so easily lost, you will have a tough time finding your way back to the town square, and so you won’t be able to vote until the last 24 hours of the day and you’ll take (1+X/8) votes less to lynch, where X is the number of living players, yourself included, and all fractions are rounded down, because people are more inclined to settle on lynches of people that aren’t fully there. Some inventions may require you to wander towards a target house to use them. Town.

N1 Invention: You have invented a Hyperthreaded ant based supercomputer with a termite based graphics card. IP over Ant Carriers is unique, but probably not the most efficient system. The lack of flying ability slows down transfer speeds relative to IP over Avian Carriers, and you face significant packet loss due to anteaters, heavy rainstorms, and RAID.

Your ant computer can automatically listen in on conversations elsewhere and report back to you on what's sent. You'll thus get a sampling of various night talk PMs sent by other players. But your ants won't be able to keep conversations separate or tell you who's speaking, so you'll have to figure out that on your own.

Luckily, you have your termite based graphics card for that. Or at least you did until they got obsessed with squirrel pictures. All they keep doing is putting up the images from this website, over and over: http://www.heartnsoul.com/ascii_art/squirrels.txt

N2 Invention: You have invented a songbird based POSIX complaint compiler. No, I lied. You have invented a songbird based POSIX compliant compiler, which makes way more sense to me : ). You can compile one program per day, with the source code being a quotation from a player. If the quotation is true, I will inform you that compilation is successful. An untrue quotation will result in a kernel panic. If I do not know if the quotation is true or false, or if there are multiple statements or no statements that could be true or false in there, I will inform you that there is a syntax error and you can try again.

N3 Invention: You have invented a Super Duper Teutonic Tectonic catflap. This is a great German device that lets cats travel through the stone. Lucky for you, you're smaller than some cats, so you can use it easily. It wasn't known until now, but ZooKCD is actually right above a tectonic faultline, which turns your device from novelty into something of value. You can use these catflaps to enter houses without being noticed. Because of this, you are now immune to tracking.

N4 Invention: You have invented a semi-aquatic robotic exploration vehicle. Deep under the seas, you discover Poseidon's Needle, which instantly kills a single non-aquatic player (eg. their animal lives primarily on land). You can target Poseidon's Needle during D5.

N5 Invention: You have invented a super automated library rack. It lets you select any of the books in your collection at an amazingly quick speed. Sadly, you only have 3 books available, reading has always been hard for ratels. You may pick one to use today.

1. The book of Watson. You get to ask 3 questions by PM during D6. I'll answer one truthfully and lie about the other two. You won't be told which is which.
2. The local psych ward's listings. Target two players today and learn their current vote restrictions.
3. The Prince. You become a double secret (eg. by PM) voter. Votals will list your public vote, but that vote won't count. Today only.

roband

Re: Zoo Mafia-Day 6-Duel!

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:03 pm UTC

Oh feck.

I can't see how this happened. Part of my role was that I could doctor one of my 'kids'.
As soon as I knew about MartinW's invention power, I protected him every night.
I didn't claim this before, as it would have made me a target.

The only way around this (that I can see) is to invent something which circumvents any protection.

I still suspect DL.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:05 pm UTC

First one, check two confirmed similar alignments, and then an unconfirmed alignment.
ninja'd
ok you can't do that because you are dead...
Silknor wrote:Here's the N5 Mafia NK. Had I not delayed it, conceivably the timing could've been used to narrow down the scum possibilities, so I had to wait till the deadline all players were told about before the day got cut short.

The Evil Penguin got up on his high horse (it's way faster to get around on a high horse than by waddling, slightly less cute though) and yelled out the to town: "I'm back! Say hello to NK NINJA PENGUIN!"

EP, being hungry again, looked around for a tasty target. He settled on the Ratel, thinking it looked truly succulent. But the EP had taken on a dangerous target. The ratel, despite it's name of honey badger, was no bee-attracting weakling. I'll let my co-mod Wikipedia explain:

"Honey badgers are notoriously fearless and tough animals, having been known to savagely attack their enemies when escape is impossible. They are tireless in combat, and can wear out much larger animals in physical confrontations. The aversion of most predators toward hunting honey badgers has led to the theory that the countershaded coats of cheetah kittens evolved in imitation of the honey badger's colouration in order to ward off predators.

They can kill snakes, even highly poisonous or large ones; one record describes how a honey badger killed and ate a python 10–11 feet in length. There is at least one record of a honey badger killing a dwarf crocodile.

Because of the toughness and looseness of their skin, honey badgers are very difficult to kill with dogs. Their skin is hard to penetrate, and its looseness allows them to twist and turn on their attackers when held. The only safe grip on a honey badger is on the back of the neck. The skin is also tough enough to resist several machete blows. The only sure way of killing them quickly is through a blow to the skull with a club or a shot to the head with a powerful rifle, as their skin is almost immune to arrows and spears."

As the EP charged in for the kill, MartinW stood his ground. The EP gave Martin a solid whack of the fin! And almost lost it to the unfazed honey badger's claws. Martin pounced, landing a tooth in the EP's side. EP managed to get loose and slowly backed away, lightly bleeding. Martin closed in for the kill, but EP jumped into the river, where he knew the ratel would not follow him. Once underwater EP went to his armory, which contained a single item: Brook's tooth.

When the EP returned to the land and brandished his weapon, even the mighty Martin shuddered in fear, for he saw the knife and knew it was sharp enough to slice through his fortified skin. Thus the dance begun. The EP feinted to his left and the twirled rightward, positioning himself behind the confused honey badger, who quickly lost his tail. Confidence shaken, Martin was felled soon thereafter. Evolution had never prepared him for the slice of the crysknife.

Understandably, the EP, with this massive ego boost, soon became even more annoying than before. From the side lines, a smile blossomed on one of the animal's faces, he had wanted MartinW dead, the was happy to use the EP as his pawn.

MartinW has been killed by the Mafia. He was the Disoriented Ratel, town Inventor+Wanderer.

Invention names:

N1: Hyperthreaded ant based supercomputer with a termite based graphics card
N2: Songbird based POSIX complaint compiler
N3: Super Duper Teutonic Tectonic Catflap
N4: Semi-aquatic robotic exploration vehicle
N5: Super automated library rack

Role:
Spoiler:
Disoriented Ratel- You are a highly intelligent species and actually use tools. This makes you capable of salvaging the ruins of the zoo to make tools even the zookeepers couldn’t have dreamed of. Inventor. I’ll provide more information later, for now take a look at Tank’s role in this game for an idea of what I mean: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26493

But for all your wit and smarts, your inner ear isn’t that good. Hey! Where are you going? Hey that's the Gator habitat, you don't want to go there! Whew, good thing I found you in time, but next time you might not be so lucky. You tend to get lost, terribly lost. Each night, you may choose to go out wandering towards a target house, in which case you may stumble upon activities (You may see things such as A targeted B). You’ll also be immune to night actions while wandering. But since you get so easily lost, you will have a tough time finding your way back to the town square, and so you won’t be able to vote until the last 24 hours of the day and you’ll take (1+X/8) votes less to lynch, where X is the number of living players, yourself included, and all fractions are rounded down, because people are more inclined to settle on lynches of people that aren’t fully there. Some inventions may require you to wander towards a target house to use them. Town.

N1 Invention: You have invented a Hyperthreaded ant based supercomputer with a termite based graphics card. IP over Ant Carriers is unique, but probably not the most efficient system. The lack of flying ability slows down transfer speeds relative to IP over Avian Carriers, and you face significant packet loss due to anteaters, heavy rainstorms, and RAID.

Your ant computer can automatically listen in on conversations elsewhere and report back to you on what's sent. You'll thus get a sampling of various night talk PMs sent by other players. But your ants won't be able to keep conversations separate or tell you who's speaking, so you'll have to figure out that on your own.

Luckily, you have your termite based graphics card for that. Or at least you did until they got obsessed with squirrel pictures. All they keep doing is putting up the images from this website, over and over: http://www.heartnsoul.com/ascii_art/squirrels.txt

N2 Invention: You have invented a songbird based POSIX complaint compiler. No, I lied. You have invented a songbird based POSIX compliant compiler, which makes way more sense to me : ). You can compile one program per day, with the source code being a quotation from a player. If the quotation is true, I will inform you that compilation is successful. An untrue quotation will result in a kernel panic. If I do not know if the quotation is true or false, or if there are multiple statements or no statements that could be true or false in there, I will inform you that there is a syntax error and you can try again.

N3 Invention: You have invented a Super Duper Teutonic Tectonic catflap. This is a great German device that lets cats travel through the stone. Lucky for you, you're smaller than some cats, so you can use it easily. It wasn't known until now, but ZooKCD is actually right above a tectonic faultline, which turns your device from novelty into something of value. You can use these catflaps to enter houses without being noticed. Because of this, you are now immune to tracking.

N4 Invention: You have invented a semi-aquatic robotic exploration vehicle. Deep under the seas, you discover Poseidon's Needle, which instantly kills a single non-aquatic player (eg. their animal lives primarily on land). You can target Poseidon's Needle during D5.

N5 Invention: You have invented a super automated library rack. It lets you select any of the books in your collection at an amazingly quick speed. Sadly, you only have 3 books available, reading has always been hard for ratels. You may pick one to use today.

1. The book of Watson. You get to ask 3 questions by PM during D6. I'll answer one truthfully and lie about the other two. You won't be told which is which.
2. The local psych ward's listings. Target two players today and learn their current vote restrictions.
3. The Prince. You become a double secret (eg. by PM) voter. Votals will list your public vote, but that vote won't count. Today only.
You give us the info we need to make our lynch choices...Yay
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:37 pm UTC

Any ideas on my invention, then? We've lost with martins, and...huh. I...
woudl you believe I protected martin too? This is really messed up. We're dealing with a dangerous member left alive.
I'm not sure what all the honey badger stuff is about.
I'm going to have to look more into this, I'm quite confused right now.

And now the Posidons needle makes sense. So now I'm at peace with the hurricane flood thingy.

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:44 pm UTC

Dark Loink wrote:woudl you believe I protected martin too?

Erm, no I wouldn't :D

I want you lynched, no offence.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 pm UTC

At least as of Night 2, DarkLoink was definitely pro-Town.

0. Dark Loink - AMOROUS META WHALE
2. mpolo - Neurotic Common Vampire Bat
4. _infina_ - some kind of tiger (mason)
5. greenlover - CONTENT SABRE-TOOTHED TIGER (mason)
9. roband - Mountain Goat
777. Brooklynxman - BIPOLAR SANDWORM
134. Dr Ug

Please help complete my table.

Caps are for "copped" results, others are just claimed.

Could the Bipolar Brook be switching back and forth between town and scum? He could also dive in the sand...

Did Dr Ug really claim Grizzly Bear, or just not claim at all?

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:08 pm UTC

roband wrote:
Erm, no I wouldn't :D

I want you lynched, no offence.

None taken, that pretty much explains mafia.
But for the rest of you, It seems weird that we both protected him and then he died.
Which makes this
MartinW wrote:It seems there are a lot of mafa. Probably to counteract the very powerful town like DL and me.

Yeah, again, the scum are pretty powerful to be able to bypass 2 doctors, plus his wandering ability.

Also. Martin's animal is also known as a honey badger, so now I understand.
ninja'd:
mpolo wrote:Could the Bipolar Brook be switching back and forth between town and scum? He could also dive in the sand...

:O
That is interesting...didn't he say we needed to recognize his spicy awesome ness to win, If I recall?

roband

Postby roband » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:13 pm UTC

mpolo, my emotion is Capricious

or, crapicious, as I've been calling it

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 pm UTC

9. roband - Capricious Mountain Goat
134. Dr Ug

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 pm UTC

Hey baby, holy crap, Dr Ug hasn't claimed anything. That isn't a good thing. He should probably do that, beign the only one left.

Dr Ug

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 pm UTC

I am the hypochondriac jersey cow. I have already claimed my emotion and the result of that - I'm easy to lynch, and I get a new posting restriction each day (although it usually doesn't happen until halfway through each day for some reason). I sort of claimed my animal in the signup thread (moo), but it hasn't given me any abilities, apparently Silknor thinks cows are lazy so they don't deserve powers.

So, it seems like DL is sort of an inventor. The scum just penetrated two doctors for a kill. I tend to agree with roband that this must have been achieved with an invention. However, I have modly confirmation that DL is town, so I know it's not him (unless that was an invention where he could send modly flavour telling people he was town - but that seems even more overpowered than his claimed role).

So that means someone is lying about their claimed animal. Not sure who that is. I think it is time for a fresh re-read of the thread... I'll be back later with my impressions.
Where did my old signature go? :(

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 am UTC

Dr Ug wrote:I am the hypochondriac jersey cow. I have already claimed my emotion and the result of that - I'm easy to lynch, and I get a new posting restriction each day (although it usually doesn't happen until halfway through each day for some reason). I sort of claimed my animal in the signup thread (moo), but it hasn't given me any abilities, apparently Silknor thinks cows are lazy so they don't deserve powers.

So, it seems like DL is sort of an inventor. The scum just penetrated two doctors for a kill. I tend to agree with roband that this must have been achieved with an invention. However, I have modly confirmation that DL is town, so I know it's not him (unless that was an invention where he could send modly flavour telling people he was town - but that seems even more overpowered than his claimed role).

So that means someone is lying about their claimed animal. Not sure who that is. I think it is time for a fresh re-read of the thread... I'll be back later with my impressions.

Scum lied about there animal. There's a shocker for you. Where's Lataro's claim list when you need it.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 am UTC

Well, there's that. At least I managed to put up a decent fight and draw blood from Evil penguin.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:17 am UTC

Handy-dandy reference chart:

9. roband - Capricious Mountain Goat
134. Dr Ug - Hypochondriac Jersey Cow

The players whose alignments are most in question to me are:

Dr Ug (General quietness, late claim)
Brooklynxman (Bipolar questions)
roband (but only slightly -- scum could fake knowing three members of town quite easily, and he's been pushing on a couple of townies, namely myself and DarkLoink)

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:17 am UTC

mpolo, you gotta be able to see why it's hard to trust your role - early on in the game at least?

Also, I've had it confirmed me to that DL is town as well, but I don't necessarily believe it.

What if he doesn't have to sing poetry to someone and find out their alignment or whatever it is he claims.
What if he is scum with an anonymous message ability?

Therefore, he knows who the town players are, and messages them saying "A lovebird tells you that DL is town, like you". No risk, big reward and all it needs is an overcomplicated reason to blind us all into thinking that it must be real.

Just my tuppence. I'd probably be happy to lynch Dr Ug, as his inactivity is frustrating.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 am UTC

That's why my suspicion of you is only slight.

My message about DarkLoink's alignment came from the mod, however, and affected my alignment (and I got no other alignment message on that day). There could have been a change since then, of course. Before I posted that I loved DL, I also received a message from the mod. The "nightclub" is giving me two-way free communication with DL (over the mod).

Dr Ug, please participate, or I'm going to have to vote you.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 am UTC

The nightclub is a scummy invention, in that case.

Why can't DL say anything he wants to say to us in the thread? If he is town, then he has nothing to gain by talking to us all secretly.

I stand by my vote, but would vote Dr Ug to keep the game going

Silknor

Postby Silknor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:49 pm UTC

Votals:

Dr Ug (1): Infina
DL (1): Roband

14 hours remain. 4 to lynch.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 pm UTC

I'm annoyed that I need to change my vote.

Unvote
Vote Dr Ug

Hammer - 2 isn't a nice place to be and might generate some posts...

although he has said that he is going to post.

Unvote

As I have to have a vote on someone

Vote roband

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:08 pm UTC

roband wrote:
Therefore, he knows who the town players are, and messages them saying "A lovebird tells you that DL is town, like you". No risk, big reward and all it needs is an overcomplicated reason to blind us all into thinking that it must be real.

Holy crap, baby, so that's what it tells you. :o Interesting.
roband wrote:The nightclub is a scummy invention, in that case.

Why can't DL say anything he wants to say to us in the thread? If he is town, then he has nothing to gain by talking to us all secretly.

I understand this logic, sure. But I didn't and don't choose what the inventions does(I invented some sort of flashy lights which I apparently hung up on a building to make a nightclub. And if I have a pm ability, I may as well use it(as there are scum in the thread, after all.
roband wrote:mpolo, you gotta be able to see why it's hard to trust your role - early on in the game at least?

Also, I've had it confirmed me to that DL is town as well, but I don't necessarily believe it.

What if he doesn't have to sing poetry to someone and find out their alignment or whatever it is he claims.
What if he is scum with an anonymous message ability?

Yes, that is true. I could be scum with an anon message abillity, and target players not of my faction-
except that I couldn't, otherwise why was krong lynched? Krong was an sk and not part of any mafia-he didn't receive the message. So it has to work on players, and only townie players. And if I was scum, who could send a message that only worked on townie players, therefore confirming their townieness-I'm narrowing the list down of who my scum team is, and would do better to not mention it at all.
And If I had an anon power, I'd have sent it to members of my faction! And then they'd say they got the message! Then they'd be confirmed town! It just doesn't make sense the way you're saying it.

Also, with the scum invention logic-how would I have killed Martin if the nightclub was my invention?
Dr Ug wrote:
So, it seems like DL is sort of an inventor. The scum just penetrated two doctors for a kill. I tend to agree with roband that this must have been achieved with an invention.

Also, since I claimed I doctored him, penetrating my own doctor for a kill is just silly.

But these are my thoughts on the matter. More Later.

roband

Postby roband » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 pm UTC

Ok DL.

So who do you want to lynch today?

Dark Loink

Postby Dark Loink » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:21 pm UTC

Out of the players, baby, holy crap these are the two likely for me:
Brook(claimed we needed to "recognize his spicy awesomeness) indep. Strange indep win condition, and a rather easy one, but I wonder why EE would reaveal it then
Dr Ug (Last to claim an animal, and could have conceiveably false-claimed poetry message)

Because in my opinion
Infina
roband

are confirmed townies, and I pretty much trust
mpolo

And thats everyone.

It has to be brook, dr ug, or mpolo, since roband and infina are confirmed townies. If Dr Ug had posted before I had claimed to have sent my poem to him, he would be too-but he did not.

Also, Mod:How much time before deadline?

Return to “Mafia”