The Mafia itself has a collective night kill.
I will keep answers to publicly asked questions here:
A:Scum have a night kill. Town have a doctor to help mitigate this.
Q:Can you "defend" someone else?
A:No. You may only self-defend
Q:If you defend after you are attacked, is this effective?
A:Yes. In this game we're assuming that everyone has the "radar" benefit that may have only been given to one or two players otherwise - ie, you can all see who's launching nukes and where they're headed. All actions will be resolved at the end of the day. This means someone could attack you at the start of the day, and you might chose to defend toward the end of the day, but your defence would still be effective.
Q:If you defend, and are only attacked by the scum NK, do you die?
A:Yes. The scum night kill can only be blocked by the doctor. Think of it as a stealth bombing. Or spreading anthrax through your country.
Q:Can the doctor target any of the 11 players?
A:Yes. We have made no rulings against self-protection.
Q:What exactly does a miller do (in general)? Are they a recruited or assigned role?
A:A miller is an assigned role that cannot in any way be transferred or inherited. They show up as scum to cops, despite being town.
Q:Is there necessarily exactly one of each role?
A:There is not necessarily only one of each role, although there is only one of each country listed.
Q:How fast do games normally move?
A:This can actually vary quite a lot between games! Sorry if that's not a very helpful answer. Some games might be over in 2 weeks, others can last 3 months.
Q:Do we have a deadline? Will one be set at some point?
A:There is currently no deadline, but one will be set if it looks like you need encouragement to move on.
Q:In that example game, IIRC, there was no lynching, just daykills and voting for night.Is there any of that here?
A:There is lynching here, but in this game it is an acceptable strategy to vote either "no lynch" or "end day"
Q:How will this be policed? What is decided as individual claims and what constitutes mass claiming?
A:I am going to say that if half the player base (minus 1) claims in any one day, that is a massclaim. This will be more frowned upon if it is orchestrated rather than the kind of thing that just emerges spontaneously.
An individual claim would be an isolated incident where one of you decides it would be appropriate to state their country.Punishments and sanctions will be decided on a case-by-case basis, but I'm rather hoping it won't come to that.
Q:Modprod on Ragnarokio?
11. misterk (awesome sauce)
3. mrface (not really sure what I'm getting myself into...) - Italy, Vanilla Town
6. goochlifta - North Korea, Always Attack Scum
9. Dr Ug (Woo - I qualify for a Newbie Game!) - Canada, Vanilla Town
You all hold the trigger to a nuclear warhead. Your country can only produce 1 per day. It is up to you (in most cases) whether you wish to use this warhead to defend yourself, or to attack another. To make your choice you must declare it in bold in thread.
- failing to post an action during the day will mean that you lose your action, ie, you will not be able to attack or defend.
- you cannot change your action once you have declared it.
- actions will be resolved at the end of the day.
-If you choose to attack, you don't HAVE to attack anyone. But, you can if you want. Also, if someone attacks you while you are in attack mode, you WILL die at the end of the day. Sorry. To attack just type attack: x
-If you choose to defend, you will NOT be able to attack during the day, BUT if you are attacked you will NOT die. If you are attacked a 2nd time you will die at the end of the day. The defense will happen automatically.
-There are some roles that do not get to choose if they will attack or defend.
-Unless otherwise stated, anyone who is killed by an attack will be killed and removed from the game AT THE END OF THE DAY. You can continue to post and use any actions you have before then though.
-Night will be when hammer is cast.
-A cycle is a day and the following night. ie., cycle 1 is day 1 and night 1.
-You should check here for information. But feel free to ask questions. If something isn't covered in here that I think you need to know I will gladly fill you in.
The Rules by Weeks wrote:1. You may only talk about this game in this thread and in an appropriately named spoiler in the Discussion Thread. If you are not playing this game, you may not post in this thread.
2. You may not play to lose. This will be dealt with at the mod's discretion (expect an immediate modkill if you play against your faction).
3. Do not lurk. If you no longer want to or can't play, ask the mod as soon as possible for a replacement. If there are no replacements, you must keep playing until a replacement arrives or the mod decides to modkill you.
4. You may not edit your posts.
5. You may not post your role PM, or quote verbatim from it. You may paraphrase.
6. All PMs Must include the mod.
7. Votes and questions must be posted in
bold, on a newline.
You may also ask questions to the mod in PM.
8. You may not post game content in this thread after you are dead. (You may post death flavor.)
9. You may not post game content at night. It will be easier to just not post at night.
10. The mod's decisions are final.