Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm UTC

Haha, no I wasn't talking to you. There's apparently 11 people still in this game, but it sure doesn't feel like it...
-Adam

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby matt96 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm UTC

I think we should lynch Snark today, because of his claim of not being cult-able, his logic being that as the leader of a mason group, he cannot be culted, this logic completely falls apart when we look at the fact that Angua had been a cult recruiter for the Dark Avengers, and got culted, so
vote: Snark

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:My coin says snark.

Why? Because you wasted your arrow on me? I told you it would fail.

OP wrote:Skrull Captain
Skrull Soldier
Skrull Soldier
Skrull Soldier
Skrull Soldier


I'm a Dark Avenger. That's why I was defending ahammel. There is only 1 other DA besides me. Why am I saying this? I think the other DA can survive until end game to at least get us a half-win.

The point is, there's 2 of us, but 4 skrulls. The Skrulls are the reason we're at LYLO. You must lynch/townify a Skrull today, and I'm not who you're looking for.

Do you really think that so many votes would be forming on me if I was a Skrull? Where are my 3 teammates if I'm a Skrull?

I'm a DA, and I'm not a threat to town atm.

Dear town (if there are any left), you MUST lynch a Skrull today or Skrulls win tomorrow.

I wish I could tell you who I think is a Skrull, but I honestly have no leads.

Vote: Adam H
because if he's a Skrull, he's the most dangerous one. Adam should use his innnocent child power now if he actually has it. No claiming roleblock. roband already claimed rolebock.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm UTC

Some unvotes would be nice as well. We're only 3 hours into a 7-day deadline.

I'm at L-3 and I'm not sure how many Skrulls have already voted. They may be able to hammer for the win if they get online simultaneously.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 pm UTC

Unvote

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 pm UTC

The only way I'm going to trust you here Snark is if you full claim. Yes you'll lose your vote and the chance to vote someone else and defend yourself, but you might make us want to not lynch you.

To be honest, as town we need to kill the person who is roleblocking me.

If there's 4 skrulls and 2 DAs, out of 11 players, town are currently outnumbered.
We need to get my power back again, so we can start turning people back into townies.

Anyone want to claim to have that RB? :P

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 7:58 pm UTC

If I inno child today then nothing will stop me from being culted tonight. So if we're going to lynch someone that's not me, I'd rather save it for as late as possible. However, I won't hesitate to use it if there's more than just Snark calling for my head. FoS me or something (instead of voting) so I know that I'm under attack, we really don't want scum to be able to hammer me.

I'm not roleblocked, so I'll be day killing someone. At some point. Maybe Snark. Killing town would be GG, so I'll be careful...

I think it's likely that DA is only at 2 players. So for now,

Unvote
-Adam

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 pm UTC

roband wrote:The only way I'm going to trust you here Snark is if you full claim. Yes you'll lose your vote and the chance to vote someone else and defend yourself, but you might make us want to not lynch you.

I've already roleclaimed. What more do you want?

I was culted N1. N2 no one could do anything. ahammel was culted N3. Someone else was culted N4. Angua was dead and obviously couldn't cult on N5.
Angua and ahammel got killed so that makes two of us.

Adam H wrote:If I inno child today then nothing will stop me from being culted tonight.

Is that going to be your excuse every day? Actually, I can totally understand you not wanting to do it unless in danger of the lynch. But my vote stays (1 vote isn't too dangerous) as I'd like to see if that inno child thing is for real. I don't believe you.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm UTC

You roleclaimed?

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 8:50 pm UTC

He claimed nick fury yesterday.

Thinking out loud: I'm reasonably sure snark, trine, roband, t1mm, and servant (and obviously myself) aren't the skrull recruiter. (Trine basically claimed hulk, if you forgot)

That leaves:

matt96
mpolo
greenlover
CaptainFinglass
flarpfreak

AKA the five LurkyMcLurksons. I propose that all five claim, and lose their vote. I will kill the scummiest and then I'll claim. That should give us the skrull captain's head on a platter, unless there are 3 skrull in [trine, roband, t1mm, servant, adam].

As it stands now, I think captainfinglass is the worst lurker (and also pushed for wam over angua yesterday), so,

Vote: CaptainFinglass
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 pm UTC

EBWOP: Eh. Just saw that there are 20 roles PLUS skrull captain. So everyone probably has a town role. Never mind, I no longer want the 5 players to claim.
-Adam

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 pm UTC

Vote: matt96

I'm fairly sure Snark is no Skrull as too many people (already) were happy with that.
Dark Avenger? Likely. Skrull? No way.

matt being leader would make huge loads of sense with him frantically defending Angua, or trying ot turn it to anyone, as being a spy made her a very valuable asset to his lil' scumteam.
Avengers, go! Dr. Viktor Van Doom shall lead you.

trineroks
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby trineroks » Fri May 25, 2012 1:09 am UTC

Wait, I'm a little confused. There are 5 Skrulls left in game? I thought we got rid of some of them...

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 am UTC

I see what you are saying about matt, but I feel like a recruiter would not be so stupid to suburbs his people fiercely, as he can make more followers. Captain hasn't said much, I feel like a recruiter would be less active, hoping that they would be ignored ignored until late game.keep in mind that if we don't get the recruiter today, we lose.let's take some time, and wait for someone to reveal themselves.

fos matt
fos captain

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby matt96 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:44 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:matt being leader would make huge loads of sense with him frantically defending Angua, or trying ot turn it to anyone, as being a spy made her a very valuable asset to his lil' scumteam.

I don't this, you are saying that if I am a cult recruiter, I would want to obviously try to defend another recruiter trying to betray their own cult without their cult catching on, who would have already told me who was in it, and who would have been able to let me know that there was only one mafia left, being wam, and who I would have known to be anti-town? Personally, the way I see it, Angua would have been more of a liability than an asset to the skrull cult leader, I think we should look for people who jumped on lynching Angua earlier, before the role reveal, because they are likely to be the skrull cult leader, trying to get rid of Angua to stop the dark avengers cult, and clear themselves through bussing.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 25, 2012 12:36 pm UTC

Fair enough. I have been quite lurky this game. But just as I keep being mostly ignored by everyone else, so I've been ignored by any recruiters, because I'm just as town as I was at the start of the game. My pushing for wam yesterday was the fact I knew Angua was going to be lynched, so I was hoping to get some feelers on wam (who I've found suspicious) for today. Believe me or not, but I don't know how much I can say about my role/abilities without losing my vote, so I'll leave it at that. If there's a lot of suspicion on me still, I will fully claim, but I don't want to tell scum of my abilities and such.
Allons-y!

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Fri May 25, 2012 3:06 pm UTC

trineroks wrote:Wait, I'm a little confused. There are 5 Skrulls left in game? I thought we got rid of some of them...
Apparently my post was poorly written. Read it again maybe. Or say why you think there might be 5 skrulls.

Now that I think about it, is it possible that there are 5 skrulls? There are 21 starting roles if you include the skrull captain, so maybe the skrull captain was the first recruit on N0/D1? Add 3 soldiers and that's 5... No, I feel safe ignoring that possibility.

Anyways...
Matt's defense was about as scummy as possible (no matt, skrulls would not recruit Angua and then consider her a liability; that's absurd), but then Captain came along and almost outdid him ("I've been ignored by any recruiters, because I'm just as town as I was at the start of the game" - you claim to know the reasons that the recruiter picks her target?). I think both are probably scum. Since I'm already voting Captain, and would prefer not to be seen as a flipflopper, my vote will stay on Captain, but I think matt might be slightly more likely skrull, and I'll switch to him if it looks close between matt and non-captain.

Role claims are worthless at this point. There are 11 reasonably townie roles left, one for each player, and any of them could be culted. I'm guessing (this is how I would have done it) that one player started off as Skrull Captain and was told which town role is a safe claim, which could probably be any of them.

However, we are totally allowed to claim our actions. At least I assume we can, because I've done it without losing my vote. And at this point if you don't do so, you're SCUM. It's LYLO for godsake.

Vieto, can we claim our abilities, actions, and results, without losing our votes?


I would really like some input on who I should kill. It's my last one so it needs to count.
-Adam

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:55 pm UTC

Hey Adam? You're a skrull just like matt. CapFin is as innocent as I have been since my townification, and you misread her statement in order to create wine. Your asking for claims is an attempt to get actions people to state actions that they can't justify, so you can divert attention from matt, your recruiter.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm UTC

I say Adam should kill whoever Tim decides on. (I also will volunteer for this position as I'm guaranteed not to hit my teammate, a Dark Avenger, which raises the odds of me choosing a Skrull).

If the victim comes back town/DA, we lynch Tim/me for being wrong.
If the victim comes back Skrull, we let Tim/me choose who to lynch as well.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Vieto » Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

Votals:
Snark - 1 - Matt
Adam - 1 - Snark
CapFin - 1 - Adam
Matt - 1 - T1mm
6 to lynch


Adam H wrote:Vieto, can we claim our abilities, actions, and results, without losing our votes?


Fine by me.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:12 pm UTC

Snark: Can you agree that matt is a fine target this day?

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm UTC

Kill: t1mm01994

I should have done this before you could open your dang mouth. You are much too dangerous when I'm scum.
-Adam

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Fri May 25, 2012 4:37 pm UTC

Logic time.

1. Adam would not have done/said that if he were town.
2. Adam is not a DA with me, so he is a Skrull.
3. If Matt were town, Adam would have just killed him, not Tim. UNLESS Adam knew that Tim and Matt were both town and Adam thought he could get everyone to assume Tim was correct about Matt being the recruiter causing us to lynch Matt today for a Skrull win (the numbers being 3/4/2 before nightfall and a successful recruit tonight would give Skrulls the majority tomorrow).
4. Given 3, we cannot conclude whether Matt is a townie or Skrull member or Skrull recruiter or even a DA with me.
5. Town/Skrull/DA numbers were 5/4/2 at day start. With Tim dead, it's 4/4/2. If we lynch a Skrull, but not the recruiter, that puts us at 4/3/2 before night starts and 4/4/1 or 3/4/2 tomorrow depending on whether Skrulls cult a DA or a townie. (4/3/2 is also possible if the Skrulls try to cult someone immune to culting). Either way, Skrulls won't win tomorrow.

Since Adam is a Skrull, we can't trust his claim that he has no day-kills left. I say we lynch Adam today and hope he's the recruiter, or find the recruiter tomorrow.

So while I'd like to lynch the recruiter, we can wait a day by lynching a confirmed Skrull (who might also be the recruiter).

I invite the rest of you to join me in voting Adam.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

*sigh*

I don't always get killed
oh wait I do

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Fri May 25, 2012 5:55 pm UTC

Snark, you put forward a compelling argument. I worry that Adam can't be lynched. Or can invoke some sort of lynchproofness. Why admit to being scum? What does it gain him?

I can't see myself doing anything but voting for Adam, but I'm still worried, y'know?

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby flarpfreak » Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm UTC

I apologize for not posting, but I have had school and some other things to attend to. I think that Adam would be a good lynch target if he wasn't being so obvious about. My guess is that Adam is scum, but he's covering for someone more important than himself. Right about the time Adam claimed scum, people started to have suspicion for matt.

Vote Matt

I could be wrong, but a scum claim is sot something that I take at face value.
Wait, what?

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Fri May 25, 2012 7:16 pm UTC

And flarp outs himself as a Skrull. You really should read my post.

Skrulls
Adam
flarpfreak
?
?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Fri May 25, 2012 7:20 pm UTC

Also, Matt is either not a Skrull or Adam is a more powerful Skrull than Matt, possibly the recruiter or still has day-kills left.

flarpfreak's post reeks of scumminess.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Vieto » Fri May 25, 2012 7:40 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Image


Iron man and Dr. Doom, ironically evil vs. good, fought to the death, Iron man fired the last of his energy reserves to kill Dr. Doom, causing him to die as well.

T1mm is dead. He was Dr. Doom, town. His secondary ability was Doombot.
Adam is dead. He was Iron Man, Skrull. His current suit was the War Machine suit.

9 players alive, 5 to lynch. Lylo.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Fri May 25, 2012 7:44 pm UTC

town/skrull/da = 4/3/2 currently.

Vote: flarpfreak

I'll have more time later.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby flarpfreak » Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 pm UTC

Adam is dead, so that means lynching any skrull will leave us at 4/2/2 going into the night, which would equate to either a 3/3/2 or a 4/3/1 after the night, there is still the issue of why Adam would claim scum, and my gut is telling me he is protecting Matt, not trying to make us lynch him, you can vote for me for disagreeing with you, but please don't vote for me on the assumption that your logic is airtight.
Wait, what?

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby flarpfreak » Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 pm UTC

EBWOP: I will be gone for the weekend, I may get time for a post or two, but I may not.
Wait, what?

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby flarpfreak » Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 pm UTC

EBWOP #2: If you lynch me, then town will lose
Wait, what?

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Vieto » Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 pm UTC

Hey guys. Just noting, I'm away until Sunday evening. Any actions, lynches, etc. will be processed then.

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm UTC

flarpfreak wrote:EBWOP #2: If you lynch me, then town will lose

This reeks of scum to me. He has just started commenting a lot when adam was in danger, and might have tried to cover for him. Now realizing his mistake, he is trying to buy himself time by saying he will be gone.

BIG FoS: FlarpFreak

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sat May 26, 2012 4:32 am UTC

Well, I was going to FoS Adam for apperently deliberately misreading my post, but then he died. As for flarp, I will throw out an FoS, but not for the same reason as Snark. I agree that he seemed to be protecting (or trying to build up to protecting) Adam, but I somehow doubt he would make an excuse about going out of town to buy himself time. I'd think it more likely that if buying time were the issue, he'd just go about lurking. He's still suspicious but not because of apparent IRL things.
Allons-y!

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Sat May 26, 2012 12:20 pm UTC

Ok, maybe I took things to far saying he was lying about going out of town, it seems kind of ridiculous now, but the whole you lunch me you lose thing seems fishy.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Snark » Sat May 26, 2012 4:59 pm UTC

Ok, so we have some FoSes of flarpfreak with zero new votes. All the more reason for me to think that he's scum. My vote is staying.

Also SoC, because it's depressing how long your sig has been broken for: You need the url in image tags not the code tags. You can quote this message and copy/paste to your sig.

Image
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 pm UTC

I used image tags and it failed, that's why used code tags so sometime could fix it.thanks.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm UTC

Vieto, I won't have Internet for a week as of Tuesday. Can you please replace me? I can post until then or vanish earlier if need be.
Allons-y!


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests