Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 pm UTC

Ok so first off

unovte

As boomfrogs mason recruit has clamied.

The most compelling evidence Is against UN. Hopefully we will get more information about the other stuff after another day.

therefore

Vote:Unique screename
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Wed May 16, 2012 2:42 pm UTC

Hologram? That's a new one on me. I'll have to think about it.

I did not target Finglass during the day.

More content when I have a real keyboard.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

wam wrote:As boomfrogs mason recruit has clamied.


I'm sorry, but did I miss this? Who claimed as mason recruit?
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 pm UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:EBWOP: Actually I've done some thinking and claiming mason recruit can't really hurt town at all, since Boomfrog will be the target for kills before me anyway.

So yeah, I'm the mason recruit. That's the biggest reason I'm voting wam.


JSO this quote by mostlynormal.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 pm UTC

Ah, okay, thanks.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm UTC

Votals:
BoomFrog: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
careyhammer: 1 (Mostlynormal)
matt96: 1 (BoomFrog)
UniqueScreenname: 3 (KrO2, Snark, wam)
wam: 1 (ahammel)

13 players alive, 7 votes to lynch. Deadline in a bit over 55 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

Unvote

Snark, do you have control over your bus driving?
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 4:23 pm UTC

Ok then. I am Lexington. I am a role cop. I targeted JSO last night because he wasn't offering up any reasons for his votes. My suspicion of that is documented. As far as Matt's theory goes, lets assume we started with 4 scum, plus Demona. If BF is a scum recruiter, then they are up to 5. If town gets lynched today, even without a day kill, the recruited person will put scum up to 6/12. So yes, I think it's probable that BF is lying, especially since wam and mpolo have claimed.

Vote: BoomFrog
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm UTC

EBWOP: My math was wrong. I meant 6 bad guys total.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Ok then. I am Lexington. I am a role cop. I targeted JSO last night because he wasn't offering up any reasons for his votes. My suspicion of that is documented. As far as Matt's theory goes, lets assume we started with 4 scum, plus Demona. If BF is a scum recruiter, then they are up to 5. If town gets lynched today, even without a day kill, the recruited person will put scum up to 6/12. So yes, I think it's probable that BF is lying, especially since wam and mpolo have claimed.

Vote: BoomFrog


Um. Couldn't anyone be a scum recruiter? What makes it any more likely to be Boomfrog?
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

Because he claimed to be a recruiter.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Wed May 16, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

Unvote

based on role-claim.

UniqueScreenname wrote:Ok then. I am Lexington. I am a role cop. I targeted JSO last night because he wasn't offering up any reasons for his votes. My suspicion of that is documented. As far as Matt's theory goes, lets assume we started with 4 scum, plus Demona. If BF is a scum recruiter, then they are up to 5. If town gets lynched today, even without a day kill, the recruited person will put scum up to 6/12. So yes, I think it's probable that BF is lying, especially since wam and mpolo have claimed.

Vote: BoomFrog

In a game with 14 people, I doubt that there'd be 4 scum and a SK if one of the scum was a recruiter. Not to mention that if Demona is the SK she wouldn't reveal herself to ensure a mafia win as it would mean a loss for her. So I think you should be following Mostlynormal's logic and lynching MN if you suspect BF. If MN comes back mafia/cult, we can lynch BF tomorrow. If he comes back town, BF is confirmed mason recruiter. It's the best I have to go on for now so:

Vote: Mostlynormal

JesseScottOwen wrote:Unvote

Snark, do you have control over your bus driving?


Somewhat. Why do you ask?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 pm UTC

Oy vey.

Seeing as we now have a total of four players who have not made some sort of claim (including me), I think we can safely assume that scum are given a safe fasleclaim list.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 pm UTC

FoS BF

Therefore,
Vote: Mostlynormal
DUCK!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:03 pm UTC

People who have said whether they targeted CaptainFinglass, in order:

JesseScottOwen attempted to target BoomFrog; presumably he only used one action.
KrO2 did not.
careyhammer did.
BoomFrog did not.
wam did.
Snark did not. (See note at JSO)
mpolo did not. Actually this should be higher up the list, because he partially claimed earlier than this.
UniqueScreenname did not, and was roleblocked anyway.
Mostlynormal did not.
matt96 did not.
ahammel did not.
This leaves flarpfreak as the only person who has not said, and only two people have said they did. Minor FoS flarpfreak until we get an answer.

I'm a little surprised by the fact that other people voted US; that was meant to be a placeholder vote. I thought if it led to a lynch it means we failed to solve this puzzle and had to go with second choice. Since people seem to be convinced by this new role claim, and everyone who has needed one has had a claim ready, we've got reason to believe scum have a list of false claims! Which (I think?) means that since there wouldn't be any duplicates anyway we can stick with claiming powers and not names so as not to bring down the wrath of mod. And more importantly, it means we can't trust people for pulling a name out of their hat. So I'm going back to my preferred target, since the claim was the only reason I unvoted in the first place.

Unvote
Vote: wam


I'm kind of surprised to see people actually voting for BF/MN. Claiming mason recruiter would be hard. And dangerous. And probably stupid. I'm not about to vote for Matt because of that, though, because when *I* think of "recruiter" I think of cult before mason, too. At first, anyway. If he hasn't thought further than that, that doesn't make him scum.

If you don't agree that claiming recruiting mason is a bad idea, try to picture being mafia faking it. One of your scum buddies can claim to be your recruit; so far it's all well and good. Then what happens if someone cops one of you? Any one of you? Or the serial killer kills one of you, believing you to all be town? I hadn't thought of this next one, but someone else suggested that town might ask you to recruit a confirmed townie so that, e.g., you can plan whom to protect. And you'd fail. There are so many failure modes, and so many of them lead to exposing all of your faction, that it's an extremely risky claim.

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:Snark, do you have control over your bus driving?


Somewhat. Why do you ask?


Because. You should either choose not to use your power, or let us have some idea. Because that doesn't seem like the towniest of roles. IGMEOY.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:
Snark wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:Snark, do you have control over your bus driving?


Somewhat. Why do you ask?


Because. You should either choose not to use your power, or let us have some idea. Because that doesn't seem like the towniest of roles. IGMEOY.

I'm compulsive. I've said that before. That means that I must use it every day. And I'm not going to tell anyone what I'm doing beforehand as I'll be trying to redirect scum-kills back onto scum. No point in telling scum what I'm going to do. Of course, I'll let everyone know the following night who I targeted the day prior so that cops don't go blabbing things that aren't correct.

Also, I know it's not proof but DBC's last game (and possibly only game on this forum), Mulanafia, had a town bus driver.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby mpolo » Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm UTC

I'm really getting a headache trying to get my head around this.

@ahammel - Of course some of the four who have not claimed could be scum who don't have a list of safe claims. There are enough characters that a list of safe claims isn't really necessary. But it could be there. (Circumstantial evidence against is that DBC didn't provide these in Mulanfia…)

Lexington as a cop is likely insane. But USN was blocked anyway.

I think that I tracked USN, but actually tracked BF because of the Bus Driver. And yet my target visited Captain Finglass, while BF claims to have recruited MostlyNormal, who has verified this.

BF claimed the Mason Recruit thing fairly early on, which seems unlikely if it weren't true.

Can somebody do up a table assuming BF is scum to see if this would solve logic problem? (It's late; I'd better head to bed.)

@BF: What do you mean by holograms? Did I miss a post where you explained this theory?

Double Ninja-ed.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:
Snark wrote:
JesseScottOwen wrote:Snark, do you have control over your bus driving?


Somewhat. Why do you ask?


Because. You should either choose not to use your power, or let us have some idea. Because that doesn't seem like the towniest of roles. IGMEOY.

I'm compulsive. I've said that before. That means that I must use it every day. And I'm not going to tell anyone what I'm doing beforehand as I'll be trying to redirect scum-kills back onto scum. No point in telling scum what I'm going to do. Of course, I'll let everyone know the following night who I targeted the day prior so that cops don't go blabbing things that aren't correct.

Also, I know it's not proof but DBC's last game (and possibly only game on this forum), Mulanafia, had a town bus driver.


Okay, WELL, if any town people who have already claimed get killed tonight, I'm assuming that you did your job HORRIBLY and are scum.

Was the bus driver in Mulanafia compulsive?

Ninja'd.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:Can somebody do up a table assuming BF is scum to see if this would solve logic problem? (It's late; I'd better head to bed.)

It's been done. It explains your result and wam's, but it leaves us assuming that BF and mostlynormal have made a lunatic falseclaim.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:As far as Matt's theory goes, lets assume we started with 4 scum, plus Demona. If BF is a scum recruiter, then they are up to 5.
There is no way that there is one unified scum team of 4 that has a recruit, that's completely imbalanced for exactly the reason's you've said. If I'm a cult leader you know my entire cult and you know exactly who the leader is. If one of us dies and flips cult then I'm immediately screwed. This isn't just me defending myself KrO2 and ahammal have said the same thing. A cult recruiter claiming mason recruiter on D2 is suicidal.

I can understand Unique and Carey needing this explained because they are new and don't have a good grasp of game balance, but FoS: Snark, you should know better. Keeping my vote on Matt, he's scummy for several reasons, not just this illogical cult conclusion.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 17, 2012 12:16 am UTC

Unvote
Based on me (hopefully) having a bad sense of game balance.

For everyone to be telling the truth, mpolo has to be insane and wam had to have been redirected. Plus a bus driver. Is this even remotely possible?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 am UTC

I suppose I technically agree with that FoS on Snark, but I don't think he's scum. He didn't have to tell us about his bus driving, and probably nobody would have been able to call him on it if he hadn't. So he gets not-being-evil points for that.

Now I get to try to convince people to vote wam.
First, I'm kind of assuming the name claims aren't necessarily trustworthy. It's either that or all our collective first guesses have been wrong.
If wam is lying, it only takes one case of insanity or redirect to explain that whole mess. That applies to mpolo as well, but I doubt anyone is going to argue for mpolo over wam. BoomFrog lying would explain all of D1 at once, but if BoomFrog lied with a claim like that, he is very nearly doomed. I hope everyone agrees with me that if any of these three is lying it is most likely wam. Any disagreements?

...

I'll take that as a no.
After ahammel voted wam based on basically the above, wam responded by misunderstanding a couple of things and FoSing ahammel for bad logic. After being corrected, he admitted one of his mistakes and said that he thought it was more likely that BF was lying, since no mason recruit had spoken up. Which was fair enough, though I'd have preferred some reason why "boomfrog attempted to kill finglass and was doctored" was more likely than "wam attempted to kill CaptainFinglass but was stopped by a doctor," even given the information available at the time.
wam later unvoted when everyone else did and voted UniqueSreenname like everyone else.

This isn't exactly damning evidence, and I'd support a US lynch as well. One reason I'd prefer a wam lynch is that finding out his alignment would really help figure out what happened D1, and tell us about the prevalence of insanity/confusing scum powers. More important is the fact that it is entirely possible that both kills and the doctor targeted CaptainFinglass. Ordinarily that would be really unlikely, but she had just claimed the main character. She'd be a really tempting target. So the roleblock evidence is weaker than it would usually be. I can't guarantee wam's scumminess, obviously, but I'm about as happy with my vote as I could reasonably expect to be.

There's about two days left, so I could end up voting for someone else entirely, but I'd consider that unlikely.

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby flarpfreak » Thu May 17, 2012 1:04 am UTC

I apologize for not posting earlier, I was in school all day. No I did not visit CF yesterday. I will answer the question, however, I am highly suspicious of KrO2 for pushing for this claim. It looks to me like the scum got pissed they missed their kill, and now they want to root out a doctor/protector. KrO2 also said that he couldn't find a single negative for the town. That sentiment right there makes my relatively nooby, but still functioning scumdar go crazy. Everything has benefits and detriments to it, and if you say otherwise, then I think you are pushing way to hard for something.
VOTE KrO2
Wait, what?

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu May 17, 2012 2:54 am UTC

Ok, I'm going to operate under the assumption that scum has a safeclaim list. Here's why:

1) It's pretty probable that they do at this point
2) I'd really rather not go after lynching another non claimed person only to have them claim and finally bring some kind of anti-massclaim wrath upon our heads
3) Honestly, I'd feel a little guilty if the mod didn't put in anti-massclaim mechanics, beleiveing we'd assume there were some, and then we proceed to win the game by pointing a bandwagon at everyone until they either claim and confirm themselves as town or don't claim because they're scum and get lynched.

So while I've now got an FoS on USN [for a) being roleblocked and b) claiming a rolecop, which is often a scum role, which means they could be scum telling a half-truth], I'm going to

Unvote

Vote: wam


Because a liar would still explain this mess better than a hologram.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 am UTC

I suppose I'd better respond to flarpfreak's vote.
My response is basically: I agree completely. That I wanted responses from everyone, and that most things have benefits and detriments. That's why I said I didn't see a "significant" downside. Yes, outing a doctor would be very significant, but that wasn't part of the plan. I was hoping for a list, it would probably be a fairly long one, of people who had targeted CaptainFinglass. That list would contain one doctor and one or two scum. But since mpolo said who his target was before people finished answering, we lost the power to force everybody to answer truthfully or take a risk. As you can see, everyone who appears on that list after mpolo does says they did not target CF. I didn't want to say this before we got an answer from everyone in case scum hadn't noticed it, but after mpolo said he targeted UniqueScreenname, asking everyone whether they targeted the Captain didn't actually have any enforcement power behind it.

So either someone lied, or wam and careyhammer were actually the only people who targeted CF. If wam is scum, does that mean careyhammer is outed as the doctor? Not necessarily. (careyhammer, don't say whether you're the doctor; nobody would be able to trust it anyway and we don't need more wine.) The plan was that the doctor would be able to stay anonymous in a sizable group of people, but even with careyhammer being the only other "yes" it doesn't necessarily mean he's the doctor. It's just as possible that the doctor saw that mpolo couldn't have followed him, and went ahead and lied. If it could occur to scum, it could occur to town. So the doctor is either careyhammer or clever. That's an inclusive "or"; careyhammer doesn't need to get offended.

So basically, if all had gone according to plan, the doctor would have remained anonymous (well, unless there actually was nobody to find except doctor and one scum, but that would be a one-for-one trade and not so bad even if there's no other protector). It did not go according to plan, but the doctor is still anonymous for a different reason.

MN: I think you might be overstating the case against wam a bit. It's a liar and a redirect/insanity vs. a hologram. Just for precision. Also, I wouldn't feel guilty at all if there were no reason not to massclaim and we took advantage of it. I just think it's unlikely that there's no reason not to. Obviously, I agree with your conclusion; I just don't like saying "I agree completely" and not nitpicking anything at all.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu May 17, 2012 12:13 pm UTC

KrO2, that's still a sizable risk to take, don't you think? It relies on quite a lot of people targeting me (possible but not guarenteed), and all those people telling the truth (also possible but even more unlikely). I can more or less grasp why you would take that risk, but now that I'm thinking about it, it does seem a bit dodgy--there is an excellent possibility that a doctor could be revealed. So FoS, but I'm certainly not suspicious enough to vote for you just yet.

I'd be happy with a US or a wam lynch--they're both triggering alarm bells for me. That being said, if we lynch wam and get his alignment, I think it will be more useful at the moment than US, for the simple reason of there is way more complicated role spec for wam than US, and knowing if all those parts are true or which parts are can help us scum hunt furthur.
Allons-y!

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Thu May 17, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

Just to clear things up.

unofficial Votals:
matt96: 1 (BoomFrog)
uniqueScreename 1 (wam)
wam: 3 (ahammel, krO2, mostlynormal)
Mostlynormal: 2 (snark, careyhammer)
KrO2 1 (flarpfreak)

Ok well it looks like I may be lynched but oh well. It will at least clear up all of the mess. Although when I flip town I would suggest you guys all have a long look at boomfrog.

Also I should point out I claimed last, which if I was lying, would have made the claim I made stupid.

Also the following point from KrO2 is a good one
KrO2 wrote:Also, don't forget about that first claim. We know UniqueScreenname was blocked and there was no kill, so she has a fair chance of being scum herself. We have better things to go on, but this deserves to not be swept under the rug.


Therefore I am going to leave my vote where it is for the moment.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby mpolo » Thu May 17, 2012 1:12 pm UTC

I'm going to

Vote: UniqueScreenName

Reasons:

She was blocked and there was no kill.
If she really is Lexington, she is most likely an insane cop, so that the damage to town is minimized.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Thu May 17, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

Unvote

I've been convinced that a MN lynch is dumb for now. But I'm gonna do a read-through before I choose between US and wam (and whoever else, but it's obviously looking like one of them is our best bet).
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm UTC

Vote: UniqueScreenname

She was blocked on a day without a kill.
She jumped off the fearless wagon yesterday, and then jumped back on to hammer when she was accused of trying to defend fearless.

That's all I've got for now.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm UTC

See, since people now think that I am insane since I am a cop and not Eliza Maza, all of my reasoning from yesterday is totally valid.

I'm upset that I'm being targeted at a time where I still don't understand what's going on, so it's difficult to bring up a defense. I am not lying. And I think the simplest explanation for all this lies in BoomFrog lying. And I'm not convinced I'm wrong about the balance thing. So, to minimize damage if I'm wrong,

Vote: mostlynormal
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 17, 2012 2:25 pm UTC

EBWOP: FoS Snark. You've been jumping ship a lot, joining a lot of bandwagons.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Thu May 17, 2012 2:55 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:EBWOP: FoS Snark. You've been jumping ship a lot, joining a lot of bandwagons.

I always find it completely hilarious when people FoS people who have recently voted for them.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 17, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
UniqueScreenname wrote:EBWOP: FoS Snark. You've been jumping ship a lot, joining a lot of bandwagons.

I always find it completely hilarious when people FoS people who have recently voted for them.


Um, could you actually address what he's saying? You completely sidestepped that accusation.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:
Snark wrote:
UniqueScreenname wrote:EBWOP: FoS Snark. You've been jumping ship a lot, joining a lot of bandwagons.

I always find it completely hilarious when people FoS people who have recently voted for them.


Um, could you actually address what he's saying? You completely sidestepped that accusation.

I offered good reasons with all of my votes and unvotes. I'm not going to rehash them all here. If you think a specific vote was bandwagony or baseless, point it out, and I'll address it. But if a person's going to say "you've been joining a lot of bandwagons", when I just voted for said person, I don't think it's worth my time to go repost a bunch of reasons that I've already posted.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm UTC

Snark, a question that was not answered:

Was the bus driver in Mulanafia compulsive? Has there ever been a compulsive town bus driver?

And because you ignored that question before (like you just ignored Unique's accusation, calling it "hilarious"), and because I want my questions to be answered,

Vote: Snark
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

Votals:
KrO2: 1 (flarpfreak)
matt96: 1 (BoomFrog)
Mostlynormal: 2 (careyhammer, UniqueScreenname)
Snark: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
UniqueScreenname: 3 (mpolo, Snark, wam)
wam: 3 (ahammel, KrO2, Mostlynormal)

13 players alive, 7 votes to lynch. Deadline in a bit under 32 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Thu May 17, 2012 3:14 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Snark, a question that was not answered:

Was the bus driver in Mulanafia compulsive? Has there ever been a compulsive town bus driver?

And because you ignored that question before (like you just ignored Unique's accusation, calling it "hilarious"), and because I want my questions to be answered,

Vote: Snark

:) Is this anything like your vote on BoomFrog yesterday?

If you want your questions answered, Mulanafia is on the first page of the mafia thread. Find it yourself.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby JesseScottOwen » Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 pm UTC

My vote for Boomfrog yesterday was a Day 1 Night 1 vote with little evidence, like most all of the votes. You're trying to discredit me for a vote yesterday (which actually, if you'll remember, turned out to be a pretty smart vote given today's circumstances).

At this point I am fairly certain the Snark is scum. Also, he has a strange aversion to ANSWERING QUESTIONS. If he doesn't get lynched, I assume that he will redirect doctors off of the scum kill target tonight. Also, he could be lying about his redirects to protect scumbuddies. And if he is allowed to survive Night 2 and Day 3, tomorrow he will be spreading more confusion with his bus driving (confusion that has not helped town much at all).

My vote will stay.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests