The evidence of careyhammer not wanting to claim to BF actually speaks to this recruiting masons thing being real -- if it were recruiting scum, he would have revealed at once, I presume.
The numbers seem way off, though.. Here is a summary (I almost surely missed some information; feel free to complete it).
1. Flarpfreak --> claims Manhattan Clan, 23rd Precinct Masons [presumably Human and some sort of cop function relating to the Illuminati]
2. BoomFrog --> claims Mason Recruiter for the Redemption Squad. Flavor would make him Hunter, Human
Matt96 Killed D2 - Matt Bluestone (Illuminati Exposer), Manhattan Clan, 23rd Precinct Masons, Human
5. Snark --> claims Bus Driver [He claimed to switch KrO2 and me.
Lataro Replaced by wam Lynched N2 - Brooklyn (Watcher), Manhattan Clan, Gargoyle
7. JesseScottOwen --> claims Broadway (Roleblocker), Manhattan Clan, Gargoyle
8. mpolo --> Claims Bronx (Tracker), Manhattan Clan, Gargoyle
9. Mostlynormal --> Claims Recruit in Redemption Squad. BoomFrog Claims he has made a plausible town claim in Mason Chat
10. UniqueScreenname --> Claims Lexington (Rolecop), Manhattan Clan, Gargoyle [BF suggested that Lexington might be insane; roleblocked D1, got BF as Mason Recruiter D2; this is either extremely bad luck for the town, a sane result, or a godfather result (and BF knows it -- that he will come up "mason recruiter" to rolecops)
KrO2Killed D2 - Talon/Derek Maza (Paranoid Alignment Cop), Manhattan Clan, Mutate
fearless Lynched N1 - Owen (Roleblocker), Xanatos Enterprises, Human
14. CareyHammer --> Claims Recruit in Redemption Squad. Has not made town claim in Mason Chat.
As far as lacking claims, we have
What if we go back to the theory that Scum were given a safe claim? And what if said safe claim for BoomFrog was in fact "Hunter, recruiter for the Redemption Squad"? Then his play wouldn't be so much bold (near suicidal) scum play, but a reasonable acceptance of the cover granted him by the mod. Especially if he is also a Godfather figure.
MostlyNormal has been pleading that if we don't trust BoomFrog, we should lynch him instead. I'm not sure that I'd call this rational play on the part of a town mason -- recruiting masons are pretty dicey on their utility. Since the recruiter can always make a mistake and recruit scum, everyone is generally paranoid about revealing too much, or if they do reveal everything, they can easily be sold out to scum. Losing an actually useful power from MostlyNormal (if he's really town) would be worse than using the Mason Recruiter (who is less useful).
If I keep rambling along here, I'm going to convince myself to vote for BoomFrog despite the various confirmations of his claim, so I'd better stop and let somebody tear my arguments apart before I make a silly vote.
<-- Evil experiment