Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 am UTC

I thought you wouldn't believe me because most every one else has been assuming that Eliza's abilities are that of a rolecop...
Wait, what?

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 30, 2012 12:48 am UTC

Snark wrote:
mpolo wrote:Snark's evasiveness is pinging me a lot. He eventually name-claimed, but then made a huge show about "I don't know why I have this power","I refuse for any mafia game to be judged by whose power fits the worst with their character"

Do me a favor. Read my posts. And then read the wiki for Angela.

How about you do me a favor first and read my posts? When did I ever say I was judging you based on how well your power fit? I never asked for good justification, I just made the perfectly reasonable assumption that the mod provided some flavor justification for every role. All I wanted was for you to repeat that justification, and you continue to refuse. That strikes me as an incredibly scummy dodging tactic.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 30, 2012 3:16 am UTC

flarpfreak wrote:I thought you wouldn't believe me because most every one else has been assuming that Eliza's abilities are that of a rolecop...

A police officer protecting other's make plenty of sense, i don't see how you thought that was an unbelievable claim which makes me think that you did make up your power and you just didn't want to claim cop because that would force you to confirm 3 townies. And there's still the issue that you "protected" JSO but he still died.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm UTC

Here's the thing, I have counted at least 4 times in this thread where the assumption is made that Eliza was the only sane rolecop in the game. Also, It is not terribly uncommon to see NKs that are one shot, even in games like this.
Wait, what?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby mpolo » Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 pm UTC

I think that there was assumption that a cop would be a "cop" in game, but your claimed power fits perfectly well with the flavor.

If the Illuminati doesn't exist (a crazy idea that occurred to me a while back), then you and your partner might be seen as "naive" doctors and protectors. Is your protection against Illuminati influence, or against all possible mishaps?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Thu May 31, 2012 4:18 am UTC

My protection protects my target from one NK during that night
Wait, what?

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 am UTC

Modprod tim? He hasn't posted since he replaced in.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu May 31, 2012 5:50 am UTC

Already prodded.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 am UTC

Ooh, a thought. Haven't we assumed that Xanatos was in the game and now BoomFrog is the only one not to claim? I'm not going to push the issue, since I don't think it would go with the flavor and I know that's not any sort of concrete evidence, but it does seem suspicious.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Ooh, a thought. Haven't we assumed that Xanatos was in the game and now BoomFrog is the only one not to claim? I'm not going to push the issue, since I don't think it would go with the flavor and I know that's not any sort of concrete evidence, but it does seem suspicious.

So you've gone from basically confirming BF as town, to saying you don't get alignments with your rolecop, to saying that BF might be an Illuminati?
Wait, what?

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm UTC

EBWOP
DBC, is there any way that we could get an extension on deadline, I will not be able to post again before the current deadline, and Tim has yet to speak.
Wait, what?

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu May 31, 2012 2:58 pm UTC

This is more of a check in post than anything else. I'm happy where my vote is, especially considering Snark's conspicuous disappearance. I wish people would join me but I've said about all I can say.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

flarpfreak wrote:
UniqueScreenname wrote:Ooh, a thought. Haven't we assumed that Xanatos was in the game and now BoomFrog is the only one not to claim? I'm not going to push the issue, since I don't think it would go with the flavor and I know that's not any sort of concrete evidence, but it does seem suspicious.

So you've gone from basically confirming BF as town, to saying you don't get alignments with your rolecop, to saying that BF might be an Illuminati?

I've been going back and forth all game. I don't think anything is certain. I'm most certain that Snark is not scum, but only like 85%. Me "confirming" BF was because I was specifically told he was a mason recruiter. I believe I am sane, but I don't deny the possibility he's some sort of godfather and that was a safe claim he could give, especially since he is the only person we know has recruiter powers, and the numbers line up. I've never not been suspicious of him except for that, like, hour where I was fully accepting of my result. Then I went back to "it makes the most sense." And I haven't been targeting him today because Carey came up as Redemption Squad and the wiki says Redemption Squad is directly anti-Illuminati. So to me, there are right now equal amounts of evidence against him and for him. I can't rule him out, but he's not my number one suspect either.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu May 31, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

Deadline extended until Friday, June 1, 2012 at 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT), approximately 31.5 hours from now.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby mpolo » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm UTC

flarpfreak's claim is more of the "this character has to be in the game" variety, plus is backed up by the masons claim. The power is a reasonable one for a cop to have. Thus, if he is scum, I would suspect that he didn't start out that way.

Snark has claimed Angela as compulsive bus driver. Angela didn't show up on the early rolespec posts, but I'm not familiar enough to know if she is a sine-qua-non character. If anyone has been scum since the beginning of the game, I think it is him. [As mentioned before, I have begun to doubt that there is a recruiting Illuminati at all…]

Vote: Snark
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Snark may be scum, I thought he was until USN said she thinks this is how he always is. I haven't played with him much so it's hard to say. However, if he is mafia or not is kinda moot at the moment and I'm pretty sure he's not cult.


BF, what did you mean by that?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm UTC

Unvote

I don't even think there's Illuminati anymore. I'm focusing much more on who would be the mafia.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 31, 2012 10:56 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:
BoomFrog wrote:Snark may be scum, I thought he was until USN said she thinks this is how he always is. I haven't played with him much so it's hard to say. However, if he is mafia or not is kinda moot at the moment and I'm pretty sure he's not cult.


BF, what did you mean by that?

Matt's role is pretty clearly cult-deprogramer, which means that the Illuminati exists and is a cult, or the mod is stretching the limits of "little to no bastardy". If the cult had recruited every night then there would be 4 cultmembers right now and the game would already be over as they would control the lynch. Therefore the recruiter must have been blocked by JSO one or more nights, or Matt successfully deprogrammed wam right before we lynched him. I doubt that since wam would have probably mentioned something, but maybe he wasn't even notified if he was recruited and deprogramed on the same night. At anyrate, the short version is we very likely have 3 cultmembers right now.

If we lynch town or mafia today then the cult will recruit and we will have 4 cult out of 6 people and the cult immediately win. For today, Xanatos and the Manhattan Clan have the same goal, we must lynch the cult recruiter today or lynch a cultist and hope the mafia kill a cultist as well. Anything less then that is an immediate loss.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 am UTC

Cult
MN
flarpfreak
US or mpolo

Scum
CF/Tim
US or mpolo

Town
BF
Snark

List complete. I think US or flarp are most likely recruiter and will vote for either of them. I have nothing more to add at the moment, other than mpolo needs to unvote me. MN I can understand since he's cult.

Unvote
Vote: flarpfreak


Partially out of self-preservation. Mostly because I agree with this:

BoomFrog wrote:I completely 100% agree that you are provably masons with Matt. I also think it would fit the flavor of the Illuminati perfectly for them to be masons with the recruit-immune cult-remover. That would be totally hilarious as a set up and I could definitely see DBC doing that after what happened in mulanfia.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 am UTC

Snark wrote:Cult
MN
flarpfreak
US or mpolo
Scum
CF/Tim
US or mpolo
Town
BF
Snark
List complete. I think US or flarp are most likely recruiter and will vote for either of them. I have nothing more to add at the moment, other than mpolo needs to unvote me. MN I can understand since he's cult.
Unvote
Vote: flarpfreak

Partially out of self-preservation. Mostly because I agree with this:
BoomFrog wrote:I completely 100% agree that you are provably masons with Matt. I also think it would fit the flavor of the Illuminati perfectly for them to be masons with the recruit-immune cult-remover. That would be totally hilarious as a set up and I could definitely see DBC doing that after what happened in mulanfia.

Ok, I don't see how BoomFrog's point makes me the recruiter over someone else, assuming boomfrog is even correct in his assumptions. Also, where is the deep and Snark like analysis I have come to know? There's none in this post. You just put up a list of your opinions on who is scum/town/indie and have no other justification to your vote other than "I agree with him". This seems highly out of character for you, at least from what I can tell of you so far. Thus
Vote Snark
Wait, what?

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:21 am UTC

Unvotes are in order. Otherwise, cult will hammer for the win.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 am UTC

So I'm still convinced that Snark is scum, but Boomfrog has convinced me, both through mason chat and his posts here, that 1) He isn't the recruiter and 2) We need to lynch the recruiter today. I still find the idea that flarp is the recruiter a bit of a stretch but anyone else as a recruiter is an even bigger stretch right now. As for there being no Illuminati, if that's true we're probably in a pretty good position and can afford to lynch flarp to make sure.

Unvote

Vote: flarpfreak

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby flarpfreak » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 am UTC

@Snark
I think your list is wrong now...
Wait, what?

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 am UTC

MN hammered. No more posting.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:35 am UTC

Never mind. US unvoted.

MN changing his vote doesn't mean he's not cult. It could mean that he thought you would unvote first so he wanted the townie points. It also doesn't mean that you're not cult. It means almost nothing except that cult may now hammer for the win if you're non-cult - which I doubt.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:41 am UTC

Votals:
flarpfreak: 3 (BoomFrog, Mostlynormal, Snark)
Snark: 2 (flarpfreak, mpolo)
Not Voting: 2 (CaptainFinglass/T1mm01994, UniqueScreenname)

7 players alive, 4 votes to lynch. Deadline in 20 hours and a bit.

If T1mm still has not posted by the end of the Night, his replacing in will be revoked and CaptainFinglass will resume her role when she returns.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:07 am UTC

I think I'm going to go to bed now, and if Tim hasn't posted by morning, I'll vote then. If there is Illuminati, flarpfreak is the best option. If she isn't, well, everyone's played really well.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 am UTC

Well, I'm fairly certain USN got recruited D2, she suddenly got super aggressive N3. So the fact that she didn't just hammer for the win means I'm pretty sure we got it right. We're committed now.

And for the record in case I die this next day. I think MN is town and mpolo is cult.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:13 am UTC

Unvote

Vote: flarpfreak

BoomFrog's point about USN seems sound. He is wrong about me, of course, but we can discuss that tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 4: The Fall of Demona

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 am UTC

That's hammer.

Eyelids drooped and heads nodded as the night's darkness began to give way to morning's light. The ordeal was taking its toll on all of them, and the drain was making none of them too energetic.

But sitting around and resting wasn't going to make them any safer.

And flarpfreak cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece - excuse me, wrong continuity. No, the others cast him off against his own volition, and it was just one of the taller skyscrapers in Manhattan - which, with him as tightly bound as he was, was more than enough.


Sunrise Votals:
flarpfreak: 4 (BoomFrog, Mostlynormal, mpolo, Snark)
Snark: 1 (flarpfreak)
Not Voting: 2 (CaptainFinglass, UniqueScreenname)

flarpfreak has been lynched. His role will be revealed at nightfall.


Yawning, they all retreated for some much-needed sleep - perhaps after finishing up the last few things they had to attend to tonight, a long, rejuvenating rest was just what they needed...

It is now Day 4. Day 4 will end on Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 16:00 PDT/23:00 GMT. The Day will end earlier if all actions are submitted early and all parties with Day chat consent.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Day 4: Freaky Friday

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm UTC

Yawning and stretching after their long sleep, they reassembled to see what their efforts had wrought. They went down to the sewers, where flarpfreak’s body had fallen through an open manhole (apparently the Public Sanitation guys had the day off).

Collective gasps of horror sounded from the group as they spotted the police badge lying half-soaked in sewage. “No...Elisa...what have we done?!”


flarpfreak was Elisa Maza (Doctor). She was aligned with the Manhattan Clan (Town) and was Human. She was a member of the 23rd Precinct Mason Group.

They needed some guidance on how to proceed - but a quick headcount showed that Mostlynormal was missing. Their old mentor wouldn’t be able to help them now...

Mostlynormal has died during the Day. He was Hudson (Racecop). He was aligned with the Manhattan Clan (Town) and was a Gargoyle. He was a member of the Redemption Squad Mason Group.

The five remaining glanced at each other warily. There were too few of them left - and at the same time, still too many...

It is now Night 5.
Night 5 will end on Tuesday, May 31, 2012 at 16:00 PDT (23:00 GMT), slightly less than 120 hours from now.

5 players alive, 3 votes to lynch.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 am UTC

Seriously? Okay, I guess there isn't a cult...? Wtf did Matt's power do then?

Well I guess it's time to go after mafia then, and top of my list is Snark. I haven't played a lot with him, but his whole thing with MN was hyper defensive. We are almost certainly at 2-3 or 2-2-1 (with some indy like survivor). I'd like to hear other's opinions before laying down a vote.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am UTC

My result seems to confirm that at least one person has more than one night action. I targeted mpolo and it said he was a tracker, but it also said that if that person targeted more than one person, mpolo would be told about one of them. That realization makes D2 make sense, because if Boomfrog was a godfather with a cover of Redemption Squad, he could have tried to kill CF and been able to have enough proof to get suspicion off his back. So BF is my most likely contestant for scum.

Snark is the other one. I don't really have a reason for it except for I don't think it's mpolo or CF. I will go through the thread again, but I vividly remember him voting for fearless and not voting for wam, which seems at least somewhat townie. BF did not vote for fearless, however.

You know, I've been battling this the entire time. It just makes the most sense, especially since he's the only one that hasn't name claimed.

Vote: Boomfrog
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:50 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:My result seems to confirm that at least one person has more than one night action. I targeted mpolo and it said he was a tracker, but it also said that if that person targeted more than one person, mpolo would be told about one of them.
You mean like snark targets two people so mpolo tracking him would see one of his targets? People don't get two night actions. If you carry out the kill you give up your night action. See Werewolf Mafia, Mulanfia, and Smalltown for examples off the top of my head of games where everyone has a power.

BF did not vote for fearless, however.
Timezone. Finglass and mpolo's claim came after I went to bed, singling me out amongst the many people who voted for Finglass D1 is very suspicious.

You know, I've been battling this the entire time. It just makes the most sense, especially since he's the only one that hasn't name claimed.
MN claimed for me, but I guess you missed it. I am huntress, the leader of the Redemption Squad. I thought that was kinda obvious.

If you are not scum you should unvote quickly before scum hammer me for the win. Even if I am scum you should want to have more discussion before laying down a vote. You are being way too hasty and way too aggressive for this stage of the game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am UTC

The leader of the Redemption Squad is named Hunter, not Huntress. I'm fine where my vote is.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 pm UTC

This could be interesting....

@Snark - care to explain why I'm suddenly on your scum list?

Not going to vote quite yet, but if MN wasn't cult, I'm not sure BF is either. Although, MN was town, which is rather confusing. Something that's pinging me about BF's last post was he said "even if I'm scum you should wait," which does just sound like scum trying to buy enough time to think of an actual defense. I'll post more when I have a computer.
Allons-y!

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:33 pm UTC

My tracking result would tend to reduce the amount of suspicion I have of Snark. Nothing can be absolute (he could be mafia without having carried out the kill). I would be interested in hearing his result (and seeing if it agrees with what I know), of course.

We know that BoomFrog recruits for the Redemption Squad. We know that RS doesn't change alignment (Misnomer as example). I have had suspicion of BoomFrog at various moments, but these facts are tending to make me see him as town.

However, only scum would be likely to *know* that scum has to give up their power to carry out the kill. While he listed several games where that was the case, in DaBigCheez's last game (Mulanfia), it was not the case. As scum there, I could carry out my power on the same turn that I killed.

Interestingly enough, BoomFrog made no recruit attempt last night, which would also be circumstantial evidence against him -- if you have to give up your power to kill, he would obviously have no recruit. (He said that he didn't want to make the private messages group too large…)

How do you respond to all this, BoomFrog?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby Snark » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm UTC

I redirected US and CF. Unfortunately nothing came of it.

I think that my bus driving is naive. That would implicate that US targeted CF on N1 which makes infinitely more sense. That combined with the fact that scum hasn't hammered BF for the win makes me think that US is scum.

Vote: UniqueScreenname
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 pm UTC

O.k., I saw you visit Captain Finglass, which adds yet again to your plausibility.

The UniqueScrreenName argument is quite interesting there. I will hang on to hear from BoomFrog before making a decision, but i really do want to trust BF (having a mafia Mason recruiter would be almost crossing into the "bastardry" category).
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 5: What Have We Done?!

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 pm UTC

Or CF could have targeted mpolo also. And your theory doesn't make sense, as if I was scum, he would have been hammered already, but if BF is scum, it would make sense that he hasn't been. Also, if I was scum, I never would have told you I got blocked D1.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests