Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 3:20 pm UTC

do you know how many people visited you? I'm guessing at least a scum, a doctor, possibly a serial killer?

How does the scum decide to kill someone? Do they all vote and then send someone to do the dirty work?
DUCK!

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 5:10 pm UTC

One of BoomFrog, wam and mpolo is lying.

Mpolo claims, accounting for the drive, that he followed boomfrog to finglass. Wam claims that he watched finglass and saw that boomfrog targeted her. Boomfrog claims that he did not target finglass and could not have been redirected on to her because he successfully mason-recruited. Reconciling these claims requires two redirects: wam on to Boomfrog's target and mpolo on to somebody who targeted Finglass. There's no way this game has two redirects and a busdriver.

If wam is lying, we need mpolo to have been redirected on to any of the several people who evidently targeted Finglass.
If BF is lying, BF needs a scumbuddy willing to claim to be a recruitee. This is dangerous: if one of them flips scum, we know to lynch the other.
If mpolo is lying, he needs to know that Bronx/tracker is a safe claim and to have prepared to frame BF before the mason-recruit claim was made (see this post).

Occam's razor says wam is the liar.

Vote: wam
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 5:44 pm UTC

Well I never said he targeted, I used the phrase visited.

And I beleive that everything is easily explained if I was redirected onto boomfrogs mason recuit and everything works out.

fos ahammel for bad logic
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 6:11 pm UTC

wam wrote:Well I never said he targeted, I used the phrase visited.

A distinction without a difference. Target == visit.

wam wrote:And I beleive that everything is easily explained if I was redirected onto boomfrogs mason recuit and everything works out.

Doesn't account for mpolo's result. Either mpolo or boomfrog would have to be lying as well, or mpolo would have to be redirected.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby careyhammer » Tue May 15, 2012 6:28 pm UTC

so is scum day kill == visit == target?
DUCK!

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 6:30 pm UTC

ahammel I had missed mpolos result.

I would argue with your interpretation though

I think the most likely to be scum is boomfrog who attempted to kill finglass and was doctored as so far no mason recruit has come forward.

vote:boomfrog
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 6:37 pm UTC

careyhammer wrote:so is scum day kill == visit == target?

"Visit" and "target" mean the same thing. "I visited Carey" or "I targeted Carey" means "I sent the mod a message containing '[Do something to]: Carey.'" To perform a kill, scum presumably have to target their, er, target.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

I think ahammel's logic looks good, even though it's assuming sanity all around.
Where I disagree with him is on the Ockham's Razor application. BoomFrog claims he did not target CaptainFinglass, and two witnesses say he did. The simplest explanation is that BF is lying; this will change if the recruit speaks up. The reason I'm not voting BF now is that if it's true, I don't know if it's good strategy to out our masons.
Well, you know, it's early on and it's not like there are enough votes on anyone to be near a lynch. So I'll vote now and take it off if the recruit speaks or someone convinces me to vote wam, which shouldn't be too hard.

Vote: BoomFrog

Also, don't forget about that first claim. We know UniqueScreenname was blocked and there was no kill, so she has a fair chance of being scum herself. We have better things to go on, but this deserves to not be swept under the rug.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 pm UTC

Votals:
BoomFrog: 4 (careyhammer, JesseScottOwen, KrO2, wam)
wam: 1 (ahammel)

13 players alive, 7 votes to lynch. Deadline in approximately 75 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Tue May 15, 2012 7:57 pm UTC

Yeah, a BF lynch is good unless a recruitee speaks up. Not going to vote yet as it'd put BF at L-2 and we still have 3 days of talking that shouldn't be wasted.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 7:57 pm UTC

I stand by my reasoning. Watcher is an easy and safe falseclaim, recruiting mason is a difficult and dangerous one.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

I was about to say that the other reason I'm not voting wam was that he claimed last, so if he wanted to claim falsely he could have come up with something that didn't contradict the other claims. But I rechecked, and the last claimer was BoomFrog, right before some of the redirects started getting cleared up. And of course none of the claimers at the time knew about the bus driver. I still think BoomFrog's claim being false is simpler than the combination of wam's claim being false and there being a redirect. But the fact that my vote was partially based on a factual error makes me not happy. Combined with the fact that wam's defense seemed pretty thin, I think I'd prefer to switch my vote. Even without the other mason claiming, though that would obviously make me feel better about it.

Unvote
Vote: wam

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue May 15, 2012 10:26 pm UTC

wam wrote:I watched finglass last night. The message I got was "your target was visited by boomfrog".

Did nobody else notice that this is a flat out lie? Carey claimed just a few posts ago to have visited CF, and unless he's a jester there's no reason to lie about that. I think we can trust mpolo, which means either Boomfrog's lying AND carey happens to be a jester or wam's lying. Also if I wanted to falseclaim to avoid a lynch, mason recruiter is not even the fifth idea I'd come up with.

Vote: wam

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

@MN: Finglass was almost certainly visited several times last night. It's possible that wam saw only one.

I still think he's lying, though.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue May 15, 2012 10:29 pm UTC

EBWOP: Actually I've done some thinking and claiming mason recruit can't really hurt town at all, since Boomfrog will be the target for kills before me anyway.

So yeah, I'm the mason recruit. That's the biggest reason I'm voting wam.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby wam » Tue May 15, 2012 10:33 pm UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:
wam wrote:I watched finglass last night. The message I got was "your target was visited by boomfrog".

Did nobody else notice that this is a flat out lie? Carey claimed just a few posts ago to have visited CF, and unless he's a jester there's no reason to lie about that. I think we can trust mpolo, which means either Boomfrog's lying AND carey happens to be a jester or wam's lying. Also if I wanted to falseclaim to avoid a lynch, mason recruiter is not even the fifth idea I'd come up with.

Vote: wam


Well according to my role pm if more than one person visits my target they I will get told one at random.

The only way I can see out of this is to roleclaim.

I am brooklyn, manhattan clan(town).

ninjad by mostlynormal.

Well that leaves two options 1) I got redirected 2) boomfrog and mostlynormal are lying.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:And I tracked UniqueScreenName.

Now, what does this mean?

Either USN tried to visit CaptainFinglass and was switched after my tracking,

or I actually followed BoomFrog, thinking I was following USN [the message was of course, generic enough to support this, something like "your target visited…"]

or I followed USN to the person that BoomFrog had targeted.

None of these make a lot of sense. Maybe I'm missing something.


I am most confused about this post. I didn't know what a bus driver was before, but now I've looked it up so I can try to reason things out. I did not target CF, but I did get roleblocked. So, if BF and I were switched, then wam and mpolo make sense if BF really did target CF for an NK. However, that is only a possibility if someone tried to roleblock me. Did anybody do that?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 pm UTC

Unvote

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe scum just got a falseclaim list. The only other thing I can think of is that wam is not sane. Since mpolo already was probably redirected, I doubt we have another.

I can see how bad this looks, partly just from how weird my options are from inside here knowing me and BF are town. So I'll just say this: if you want to lynch Boomfrog, lynch me first. When I flip town you'll know he's confirmed and if were to I flip scum then at least you hit scum. If you lynch him first, his towniness does not imply mine and the mafia nightkill will probably go back into killing CF or mpolo or something.

If I'm going to have a vote down I want it on carey. He acted really weirdly after the suggestion to claim whether or not you visited CF. (speaking of which, I haven't done that myself: I have not visited CF)

Vote: careyhammer

Ninja'd: Remember JSO tried to roleblock Boomfrog, and since you switched it ended up on you.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:I am most confused about this post. I didn't know what a bus driver was before, but now I've looked it up so I can try to reason things out. I did not target CF, but I did get roleblocked. So, if BF and I were switched, then wam and mpolo make sense if BF really did target CF for an NK. However, that is only a possibility if someone tried to roleblock me. Did anybody do that?

JSO roleblocked you. He tried to roleblock MN, but hit you instead because of the drive. Similarly, mpolo tried to follow you, but followed either BF or, my current hypothesis, god knows who because he was redirected. Fun game, eh?

wam wrote:Well that leaves two options 1) I got redirected 2) boomfrog and mostlynormal are lying.

A single redirect still doesn't explain all the claims. And 2) is a hideously intricate and failure-prone conspiracy. I'm happy with my vote.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Also: if the anti-massclaim system is hardcore we may be screwed.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:54 pm UTC

I didn't see anything in careyhammer's reaction that couldn't be a mere mistake. Of the people where we thought at least one was lying, mpolo seemed most trustworthy, BoomFrog has corroboration, and wam has now claimed. I'm with MN on the suspecting they have a list of safe claims thing, but I don't know whether Broadway is a character who couldn't be left out. Maybe that list is the only anti-massclaim measure? Either that list exists or it's just insanity at play. I've played with false claims provided before, but never with insanity as far as I know; maybe this is skewing my perception of how likely it is.

For now, I'm switching my vote.

Unvote
Vote: UniqueScreenname


This is pretty much only because she was blocked by chance and there was no kill. Other people, notably wam, have acted scummier, but in the face of a claim I'm not going to leave my vote where it was and this is at least some hard evidence. It's possible that both kills and the doctor targeted at the same person, but that seems less likely than her being one of them.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 am UTC

I have never been this confused in my life, so if my posts aren't making sense, it's because I have no idea what's going on.

wam wrote:I can confirm that Boomfrog was not roleblocked. If people want more details I will give them but for now I'm just going to leave it at that.

wam wrote:Sorry my bad.

I did target finglass, the important question at the moment is did anyone re-direct me or boomfrog?

if no one did I am going to be voting for boomfrog.

wam wrote:I might as well explicity claim.

I watched finglass last night. The message I got was "your target was visited by boomfrog".

Hence why I was asking about redirects.

To me, this doesn't make sense because he claims that BF wasn't roleblocked and targeted CF, however, nothing happened to CF, so why is he voting for BF?

If BF really is the mason recruiter he claims to be, why won't he admit targeting CF? She's already confirmed, so if she verifies his story, he's in the clear. I say this because it doesn't make sense for it to come up as me targeting CF unless BF really did target CF, since we got switched. Unless BF got misdirected to the town that he recruited, but it still showed up as him targeting CF to the trackers. However, that would still require him to have targeted CF. Unless mpolo is lying about tracking me. And I don't know what that would indicate. Unless he's insane and got false tracking results. Which would actually make a lot more sense.

ahammel wrote:JSO roleblocked you. He tried to roleblock MN, but hit you instead because of the drive.
Did you mean BF instead of MN? If not, where did that come from?

I think I'm leaning toward BF lying, because that makes the most sense, and wam role claimed. But there hasn't been much time for someone to refute wam, and I feel very :? about all of this, and if someone can shed light on everything, it would be awesome. :( :? :cry: :? :| :? :? :?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:To me, this doesn't make sense because he claims that BF wasn't roleblocked and targeted CF, however, nothing happened to CF, so why is he voting for BF?


Because CF was probably doctored.

UniqueScreenname wrote:If BF really is the mason recruiter he claims to be, why won't he admit targeting CF?


Well, (from my point of view) either he's got some super secret reason, or he actually didn't target CF. The most likely conclusion would be that one of wam and mpolo is not sane and the other was redirected (or maybe both are not sane).

Considering my conclusion is that either we have two not sane roles or we have a busdriver and a redirecter, I'm going to have to second those :? :| :? :| :| :? :| :? :|

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 am UTC

If we have multiple redirectors, probably at least one is in the hands of scum. And they're not likely to help out.

I'm trying to figure out how we could get the results we got even with insanity. mpolo is the obvious one; he could be getting a positive result no matter who he targets. But that wouldn't explain everything by itself because wam agreed with it. If we assume wam is telling the truth but possibly insane, he'd have to be getting whatever result the mod thinks would be best to actively mess with us, and that would suck. Also mpolo would have to be insane at the same time.
Conclusion: we can't just say "someone might be insane" and leave it at that, like I did earlier. That can't explain it by itself.

But I did think of one other possibility aside from someone lying. What if BoomFrog used multiple actions last Day? He's proven he recruited Mostlynormal, but maybe he had more than one ability? It would have to be something he'd want to not admit to trying to use, which reflects badly on him and, by extension, MN.

As it looks to me now, one of the following is probably true:

1) Everyone's claimed results are true. This means BF must have used or attempted some action on CaptainFinglass and then denied it when he knew there was a tracker who followed somebody. This is in addition to his proven claim of recruiter. I don't like this option because it means BF and MN are scum and willing to make an extremely risky play.

2) At least one of mpolo and wam is insane; any sane one was redirected. Basically, what Mostlynormal said above. I don't like this option because it requires some coincidences to work. wam would have to be not just redirected but specifically onto one of the people who targeted CF. If wam is the insane one, it'd have to give him a random name regardless of who actually visited the target, and that sounds weird. Anyway, with this degree of insanity and/or redirecting, it kind of throws more doubt on everyone else as well. Also this option just sounds unpleasant. By Murphy's Law, it must be true.

3) wam is lying. The claim is the only reason I no longer think this is true with a high enough certainty to vote.

My vote on UniqueScreenname is kind of a copout; it's mostly independent of this whole mess, and clearing up said mess would probably give me a better candidate.

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby flarpfreak » Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 am UTC

Ok, I have no clue exactly what happened during D1, however I will tell you that the way I see it, Mason Recruiter isn't a bad claim, all you have to do is have a scum buddy speak up, and then either there are no masons in the game, or people assume that there are two groups in the game, and the other masons don't counter claim.
Wait, what?

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 1:39 am UTC

flarpfreak wrote:Ok, I have no clue exactly what happened during D1, however I will tell you that the way I see it, Mason Recruiter isn't a bad claim, all you have to do is have a scum buddy speak up, and then either there are no masons in the game, or people assume that there are two groups in the game, and the other masons don't counter claim.

This would make sense to me if there was anything in this game that did. It would also explain why it took so long for the "recruit" to speak up, and also why BF hasn't claimed his character. (I don't always want to default to character claiming, because it seems to be a cop-out compared to actually reasoning things out, but let's be real, nothing makes sense here.) But that doesn't explain the roleblocking. If no one specifically aimed to roleblock me, than that gives BF some credibility.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby ahammel » Wed May 16, 2012 1:46 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:
ahammel wrote:JSO roleblocked you. He tried to roleblock MN, but hit you instead because of the drive.
Did you mean BF instead of MN? If not, where did that come from?

I meant that JSO tried to roleblock BoomFrog. Apologies.

UniqeScreenname wrote:I think I'm leaning toward BF lying, because that makes the most sense, and wam role claimed. But there hasn't been much time for someone to refute wam, and I feel very :? about all of this, and if someone can shed light on everything, it would be awesome. :( :? :cry: :? :| :? :? :?

BF, mpolo and wam cannot all be telling the truth unless there are two active, well-coördinated scum redirects, which is unlikely. It is unlikely that mpolo is lying, for a number of reasons. If BoomFrog is lying, it means that mpolo is lying or was redirected, and misnomer is also lying. If wam is lying, we just need an mpolo redirect on to somebody who targeted Finglass last night. You can make up your mind as to which of those two is more likely.

flarpfreak wrote:Ok, I have no clue exactly what happened during D1, however I will tell you that the way I see it, Mason Recruiter isn't a bad claim, all you have to do is have a scum buddy speak up, and then either there are no masons in the game, or people assume that there are two groups in the game, and the other masons don't counter claim.

It's an awful claim. What if you're asked to mason recruit a confirmed townie? What if one of you is nightkilled and flips scum? What if there's a cop result incriminating one of you? It's a huge and totally unnecessary gamble.

Ninja'd:
UniqueScreenname wrote:This would make sense to me if there was anything in this game that did. It would also explain why it took so long for the "recruit" to speak up, and also why BF hasn't claimed his character. (I don't always want to default to character claiming, because it seems to be a cop-out compared to actually reasoning things out, but let's be real, nothing makes sense here.)

ahammel wrote:Also: if the anti-massclaim system is hardcore we may be screwed.

There's usually a very good reason we don't all just claim our characters.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 4:17 am UTC

I don't like the theory that Wam or mpolo are lying because N2 is really early in a 16 player game to start falseclaiming results that are easily contradicted. If they are telling the truth then there would have to be a coincidence in redirecting/insanity or one of them is insane in a "mod picks the most confusing result possible" kind of insanity. Or, there's one more possibility:
Designer Mafia wrote:Hologrammer (60p)
Causes Trackers' and Watchers' results to indicate that Target1 targeted Target2 that night
I've never seen this role used besides that one game but this would explain why two different players saw me target FinGlass. And this would be a perfect power for the manipulative genius Xanatos. I think mpolo, wam (and of course myself) are all telling the truth here.

That leaves someone who hasn't power claimed, (and wasn't roleblocked) as Xanatos. The list is short: (btw, MN has privately claimed to me for now and I believe him.)

1. Flarpfreak -
3. Matt96 -
11. KrO2 -
13. ahammel -
14. CareyHammer - Targeted Finglass, but he was too willing to claim. Still think this guy is just crazy town.

Could flapfreak, Matt, Kr02, and ahammel all claim if they targeted Finglass or not? Also:

Modprod on Matt96?

Lastly, for the crime of being roleblocked when there were no kills that went through:

Vote: UniqueScreenName

I think you should claim your power, but not your rolename. If there's an anti-mass claim system it probably punishes revealing rolename.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 am UTC

matt96 has received an inactivity warning.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby KrO2 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:55 am UTC

I did not target CaptainFinglass.

That hypothesis about Xanatos would explain everything perfectly, and of course Target2 would be CF with any competent scum, but I'm not sure about the prior probability of it being in the game. It seems like kind of a weak power for an arch-villain, plus there's the whole "used exactly once before" thing. I'd prefer to believe in this power rather than in multiple cases of insanity and misdirection, but of course my preference doesn't affect what actually exists.

Are we actually down to five people who haven't claimed? I'm surprised it's so few.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby mpolo » Wed May 16, 2012 6:23 am UTC

A lot happened last (real-life) night.

BoomFrog: You're the flavor expert. How likely is it from canon that I am insane? (Did Bronx tend to follow the wrong person in the show? Was he the comic relief figure?)

That read-through took longer than expected, and I need to head out to class. I shall return.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
careyhammer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:15 am UTC
Location: California

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby careyhammer » Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 am UTC

Did I claim my target too quickly? I was just trying to be helpful and active. My claim started the trend and many others followed. My logic was faulty only because of my inexperience. I'm trying to learn how the game is played. Please do not mistake my noobishness for scumishness. I am not scum.

I don't think I'm crazy as in insane. I have no idea how to figure out who is scum or not. Who is lying or not. Who got roleblocked, redirected, insane, driven, followed, or mason recruited. I'm surprised no one has claimed to be a cop.

Anyway, until I can figure out what's up,


Unvote
DUCK!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 am UTC

The only one I remember being inept was Broadway, and his roadblock has proven functional on Unique.

That said its been a really long time since I saw the show, and Bronx is essentially a dog. He got left behind a lot because he couldn't fly but I thought he was pretty reliable. I doubt your insane.

Carey, most of us feel equally lost, just put your best guess out there. I think your doing fine.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby matt96 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:30 am UTC

First off, sorry for the inactivity, I was in the middle of typing up a post last night when I fell asleep. Secondly, no, I did not target FinGlass. And thirdly FOS:BoomFrog because whenever I hear recruiter, I think cult recruiter before I even consider the possibility of mason recruiter.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am UTC

Even if I am a cult recruiter I still provably didn't target Finglass which leads to all the weirdness. Also if I am a cult recruiter then I am the worst one ever by claiming on D2. And I'm probably going to end up claiming my recruit tomorrow just to prove I'm really a recruiter. So basically, your full of crap.

Unvote
Vote: Matt96


Unique: I don't think you need to claim for now, I'd rather we don't out everyone if it's not necessary.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed May 16, 2012 10:56 am UTC

Since we have until Friday, I'd rather wait to claim until we have figured this out more and it still seems necessary.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 am UTC

Don't only defend yourself. What do you think about Matt's theory?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 pm UTC

@MN - what exactly about carey is making you suspicious? The only thing I see is that he says he isn't scum pretty much every post, but that could just be newbie errors.

Does anyone actually understand what's happening here well enough to lay it out in a linear fashion? I'm so ridiculously confused it's not even funny. What results did people get for visiting that we think are real? I think BF was a misdirect, so not him.

FoS-Matt, because his post is short and doesn't actually say anything. His FoS for BF makes no sense either.
Allons-y!

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm UTC

JSO indirectly roleblocked Unique. Unique knows she was roleblocked.
Snark busdrove me and Unique. Confirmed by the above.
I recruited MN to my mason group.
Mpolo and wam saw *me* target FinGlass (I think hologram)

That's actually not that much. Could someone else collect the "did or did not target Finglass" list?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 2: Slept Like A Rock

Postby Snark » Wed May 16, 2012 1:32 pm UTC

All right, I'm going to (once again) take a whack at understanding what's going on.

mpolo and wam say BF visited CF.
MN spoke out as BF's mason recruit.
US was roleblocked.
Either BF can do two actions in a day, or mpolo and wam are both insane/redirected, or some version of BF's suggested hologram is in effect.

Right now, MN backed up BF on the claim of mason recruiter, wam and mpolo have role-claimed, and US has not.

BF: Claimed mason recruiter. I agree with the logic that ahammel has mentioned. Mason recruiter is a horrible risky false-claim for scum. So I trust BF.
wam: For now the best we can do is trust wam's claim.
mpolo: Claimed tracker and power townie N1. His posts have been off imo, but as with wam, trusting the claim is the best choice for now.
US: Was roleblocked on a day with no DK's in a game that people have guessed there are at least two.

Vote: UniqueScreenname

for being roleblocked on a day with no DK's in a game that people have guessed there are at least two.

If US claims another popular Gargoyle, I'm gonna seriously start considering MN's idea that scum were given a false-claim list. Either that or we're just really, really bad at picking out lynch targets.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests