Gargoyles Mafia - Game Over: Xanatos Gambit (Scum Win)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 pm UTC

Unoffical Votals:

BoomFrog: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
CaptainFinglass: 1 (Snark)
fearless: 4 (BoomFrog, CaptainFinglass, careyhammer, UniqueScreenname)

Wow, that bandwagon on Fearless happened scary fast. Her responses haven't been great but frankly she's never been the most logical at defending herself. It's about what I'd expect from her as town or scum. Careyhammer's playing the "I'm a noob card" pretty hard, but seems alright. Unique also has sound reasoning, although a poor sense of menta analysis to not pick up that this bandwagon was too easy. FinGlass is the second most worring as Snark has pointed out. But the worst bandwagoner is
mpolo wrote:@Snark: Good catch on fearless. I don't want to plunge this into an unstoppable bandwagon (since we still have a day), but it looks quite bad for fearless. CaptainFinglass's reasoning is suspect as well, but I am now more convinced by the fearless argument than the Finglass.

If nothing changes, I will vote for fearless in the morning.
His previous post doesn't contain any reason to vote fearless either except a very vague rehash of my origonal reason. Mpolo clearly doesn't care who is lynched and just wants to look like he is participating.

Unvote
Vote: Mpolo
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby BoomFrog » Thu May 10, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

P.S. Everyone should put down a vote for someone. Even if you are making an almost random decision more townie votes delute scum's influance.

Also, JSO, I assumed your vote on me was a joke, but your lack of posting or vote changing is worring me. I still think you're town because scum wouldn't be trying to disprove my logic for saying they are town. But please actually contribute.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby JesseScottOwen » Fri May 11, 2012 12:11 am UTC

Boomfrog:

You want everyone to have a vote down on someone. I'm flavor-blind. I don't think you'll be lynched today tonight. But it's Day 1 Night 1, so I don't think I'll put anything down more than a joke vote. And I doubt anyone would bandwagon on anything that I said. So my vote stays. Not because I think you're scum (I don't think you're NOT scum). But because you're as scummy to me as anyone else right now.

Also, that was really hurtful. I read the wiki.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby KrO2 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 am UTC

OK, in light of that I'll put down a vote. I think fearless has been responding something like she would be if she's town, so I'm looking for another candidate. The people I've been looking at most are CaptainFinglass, UniqueScreenname, and mpolo. None of these people has been posting enough for me to get a strong reason against them, but I'll go with what I've got.

CaptainFinglass' reason for voting fearless was because she was willing to lynch careyhammer even if he's town. Which may be bad strategy and all, but didn't Snark say the same thing first? The other reason was because fearless had changed her strategy multiple times, which was false. Speaking of which, if you look at mistakes of the type that scum or town might make, are scum usually more likely to make them? CaptainFinglass has this factual error, and the oversight earlier about cops outing themselves. Two errors out of three posts draws my attention, but I don't know if it's a scum thing to do.

I agree with BoomFrog that mpolo's last post looks suspicious, but I'm not sure about how suspicious. He did have two names down, which kind of points toward not "not caring who gets lynched." I feel like that's the kind of post I might make if I'm undecided, as I often am on Day 1. So I'm not sure how to react here.

There was a very slight finger against UniqueScreenname earlier about bringing up jesters; I think that applies, but it's not exactly strong. We have better things to look at, like when US voted fearless. She said fearless was talking about Elisa Maza in an attempt to spread doubt in case fearless gets investigated as guilty. This doesn't work, though, because fearless was saying that that cop, at least, is probably sane. That doubt already exists thanks to the "sanity not guaranteed" clause, and if we agree with fearless that the cop is probably sane that means less doubt, not more. I was going to say I thought this applied to someone else as well, but the second person was also UniqueScreenname in a later post.

I think I estimate the scumminess here as US-mpolo-CF, but this is all only slightly better than random and I probably wouldn't be voting yet if it weren't for BoomFrog's last post. So this is not the most certain vote in the world and has a fair chance of being changed. But for now I'm voting US.

Vote: UniqueScreenname

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby matt96 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 am UTC

If BoomFrog wants everyone to have a vote down, then the only choice for me is to

Vote: Lataro

In the sign-ups list he called N1 lynch target (or D1 kill target),I am putting some pressure on him,and has been uncharacteristically lurky*

This is a turbo, so I am trying to prepare myself to not get surprised by something unexpected, what other possible anti-towns could we have based on flavor? a lyncher (Demona as lyncher for Elisa? Gillecomgain as a lyncher for Demona?) possibly the Illuminati as some sort of anti-town faction or cult? anyone else have any ideas?






*Yes I am aware of the irony, this is only my second post, and I am calling someone else lurky, but Lataro hasn't posted at all yet.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby KrO2 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 am UTC

JSO, what? You're leaving a joke vote because "why not"? The fact that the game's just starting doesn't justify that. You are actively refusing to scumhunt? Nobody expects a D1 vote to be certain, but that's not the same thing as specifically saying you're not going to try. I'm tempted to vote against you for that, but won't if you either justify that vote or change it.

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby flarpfreak » Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Unoffical Votals:

BoomFrog: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
CaptainFinglass: 1 (Snark)
fearless: 4 (BoomFrog, CaptainFinglass, careyhammer, UniqueScreenname)

Wow, that bandwagon on Fearless happened scary fast. Her responses haven't been great but frankly she's never been the most logical at defending herself. It's about what I'd expect from her as town or scum. Careyhammer's playing the "I'm a noob card" pretty hard, but seems alright. Unique also has sound reasoning, although a poor sense of menta analysis to not pick up that this bandwagon was too easy. FinGlass is the second most worring as Snark has pointed out. But the worst bandwagoner is
mpolo wrote:@Snark: Good catch on fearless. I don't want to plunge this into an unstoppable bandwagon (since we still have a day), but it looks quite bad for fearless. CaptainFinglass's reasoning is suspect as well, but I am now more convinced by the fearless argument than the Finglass.

If nothing changes, I will vote for fearless in the morning.
His previous post doesn't contain any reason to vote fearless either except a very vague rehash of my origonal reason. Mpolo clearly doesn't care who is lynched and just wants to look like he is participating.

Unvote
Vote: Mpolo

Is your suspicion of Mpolo because he's not actually voting or because he is jumping on the bandwagon?
Wait, what?

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 11, 2012 12:40 am UTC

Effective immediately, Lataro will be replaced by wam.

Votals:
BoomFrog: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
CaptainFinglass: 1 (Snark)
fearless: 3 (CaptainFinglass, careyhammer, UniqueScreenname)
mpolo: 1 (BoomFrog)
UniqueScreenname: 1 (KrO2)
wam: 1 (matt96)

14 players alive, 8 votes to lynch. Deadline in a bit over 22 hours.


(Preview Edit: Wow, I got ninja'd 3 or 4 times while I was posting this, including a vote on the person being replaced <_<)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby JesseScottOwen » Fri May 11, 2012 12:45 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:JSO, what? You're leaving a joke vote because "why not"? The fact that the game's just starting doesn't justify that. You are actively refusing to scumhunt? Nobody expects a D1 vote to be certain, but that's not the same thing as specifically saying you're not going to try. I'm tempted to vote against you for that, but won't if you either justify that vote or change it.


Okay. I think Boomfrog is scum. Feel better?

This spoiler is for Boomfrog. Anyone else who reads it likes prying into other people's affairs.
Spoiler:
Boomfrog, please do not take offense. KrO2 is pressuring me, and I don't like to back down when challenged.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 am UTC

No time right now, will do full response later.

However, having reread the thread, I find myself mistaken. I misunderstood fearless's second post and thought it was a complete one eighty in strategy. Reading her explanation and the actual post again, I see it's quite similar in content, just different in wording. Apologies. While I'm still suspicious of her, I no longer feel I have enough evidence to have a vote on her, particularly with three other votes.

Unvote
Allons-y!

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 am UTC

Hm. I don't like at all fearless's suggestion to lynch carey, because while I understand she was using a hypothetical, if carey's town then it'd almost always be better not to lynch them. She's ignoring the fact that the reason scummy looking town are a liability in the first place is that they're likely to get themselves lynched. However I think I like the speed of that wagon even less.

KrO2 wrote:We have better things to look at, like when US voted fearless. She said fearless was talking about Elisa Maza in an attempt to spread doubt in case fearless gets investigated as guilty. This doesn't work, though, because fearless was saying that that cop, at least, is probably sane. That doubt already exists thanks to the "sanity not guaranteed" clause, and if we agree with fearless that the cop is probably sane that means less doubt, not more. I was going to say I thought this applied to someone else as well, but the second person was also UniqueScreenname in a later post.


I was also going to point this out. US's logic was completely backwards. I suppose this is more likely to be a mistake than a scumtell but I'd at least like an explanation.

I'll probably vote later tonight.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 am UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Okay. I think Boomfrog is scum. Feel better?

This spoiler is for Boomfrog. Anyone else who reads it likes prying into other people's affairs.
Spoiler:
Boomfrog, please do not take offense. KrO2 is pressuring me, and I don't like to back down when challenged.
Seriously, wtf?

flarpfreak wrote:Is your suspicion of Mpolo because he's not actually voting or because he is jumping on the bandwagon?
Him not actually voting is not suspicious, that's perfectly normal for mpolo, scum or town. I am taking his post of, "I will vote X later unless I see a reason to change" as equivalent to when other players actually vote. It's a difference in play style that annoys me but it's normal for him.

What I don't like is that he is essentially 5th vote on the wagon, talks about how it being a bandwagon is suspicious, but is still okay with putting his "vote" there even though he has no more justification then a vague restatement of my original criticism of fearless. An experienced player like mpolo should be suspicious of such a fast forming bandwagon with no other valid lynch candidates.

If the first vote of the game leads to a lynch then that means scum where either happy with that lynch target or the evidence was so strong they didn't think they could influence the lynch. I don't think it was the second case here.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri May 11, 2012 2:36 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:She said fearless was talking about Elisa Maza in an attempt to spread doubt in case fearless gets investigated as guilty. This doesn't work, though, because fearless was saying that that cop, at least, is probably sane. That doubt already exists thanks to the "sanity not guaranteed" clause, and if we agree with fearless that the cop is probably sane that means less doubt, not more.

This is not what I was getting at. I was saying we can't assume that the cops are limited to her. Earlier I had said we don't know if Eliza is here or if there are more cops than her. So if someone came out and said they were a cop, but it wasn't her, there would be doubt. I honestly agree that a cop in the show would be sane in the game, but any others I would worry about. Fearless responded that she thinks it's unlikely there's more than one cop. To me that could pass as an honest opinion, and if I had no other concerns about her I would have unvoted.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Snark » Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:No time right now, will do full response later.

However, having reread the thread, I find myself mistaken. I misunderstood fearless's second post and thought it was a complete one eighty in strategy. Reading her explanation and the actual post again, I see it's quite similar in content, just different in wording. Apologies. While I'm still suspicious of her, I no longer feel I have enough evidence to have a vote on her, particularly with three other votes.

Unvote

Not sure how to feel about this. You're admitting to having a badly justified vote out that you only noticed after the threat of someone voting for you. I'm holding my vote on you for now.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

Mostlynormal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Mostlynormal » Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 am UTC

Boomfrog is making a lot of sense about mpolo. I'm not convinced mpolo's scum but he sure looks scummier than anyone else to me at the moment, which is saying something because I almost never have a read on mpolo.

Vote: mpolo

Since the deadline is getting uncomfortably close.

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume there's only one cop, unless you're taking "no role is guaranteed to be sane" as "this is actually a flavored dethy with some extra roles," which is a bit unreasonable considering the same disclaimer was found in werewolves (actually I technically can't be sure this isn't true for werewolves since I stopped following it, but I'd be pretty surprised if it was). It's possible that we have a rolecop or a racecop or something like that in the mix but I'd be pretty surprised if we had multiple normal cops (even of varying sanities) in a game like this. At least I have an explanation for US's train of thought though.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 11, 2012 5:12 am UTC

@Snark - I'm admitting to it now because at the time it seemed reasonable to me as an arguement. The next time I checked I'd read through the other arguements and then reread the thread because I didn't understand some of the accusations going around. It has nothing to do with the threat of being voted for, but rather my ability to check this thread. 
Allons-y!

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby KrO2 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 am UTC

UniqueScreenname's response doesn't fix the problem. Assuming she was right about what fearless was saying, "At least one sane cop exists" is a statement in favor of trusting cop results if from that cop, and no statement at all about other results. It still decreases doubt of cops. That said, US's post did make her look *better* than without it, unlike a couple of others.

JSO: You went from "I don't think BF is more or less likely to be scum than anyone else" to "I think BF is scum" without reasoning while knowing you'd be called out on it.

CaptainFinglass' response, yeah, I'm agreeing with Snark here. Could be a mistake, but a mistake that allows a bandwagon vote is the kind of mistake mafia would love to make. CF's most recent post is entirely plausible, but not unusually convincing. I'd recheck everything I was under suspicion for pretty much no matter what I was.

Unvote
Vote: CaptainFinglass


It's close, it's D1, it's not like I'm anywhere near certain about much of anything, blah blah standard disclaimer blah, but I thought I might as well change my vote as an indication of what I'm thinking at the moment if nothing else. The vote is on CF instead of JSO because I just don't know what's going on with him, but scum would definitely not be that obvious about it. Not intentionally. I may switch back or to mpolo depending on any new information.

User avatar
fearless
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm UTC
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby fearless » Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 am UTC

Just woke up. I'm visiting a township school today so I won't have my laptop with me - when is the deadline? I get home at 5 so I'll try read everything then.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby mpolo » Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 am UTC

So. At the moment, I have a weak lead on fearless (for which my pressure for clarity only yielded votes for me, not any reasonable response from the accused). I'm going to try to do a brief rundown of feelings about the various players:

BoomFrog provided the only really helpful flavor spec in the game. It's neutral in itself, but he also pointed out the prime candidate for the non-sane cop ability, which makes me feel a little better about him. He's voting for me, which is bad, but I can understand him. (see below for fearless discussion) SLIGHT TOWN LEAN

fearless: In this case, my lack of vote with strong suspicion was primarily because I also believed the "slip" to be very minor. I wanted to see how the day developed rather than rushing a wagon on flimsy evidence. (Although in Avengers, we have had extremely good luck with these "minor slips". Maybe I should have been bold there. However, I have the impression that fearless is not a native speaker or at least doesn't spend a lot of time proofreading her posts, so that her "slips" aren't always really slips.) I had hoped that if the pressure was strong enough to make it clear that fearless was going to get lynched if we didn't get anything more, that she would clarify the situation. That obviously didn't work. I also realize that she was under the opinion that there is only one cop, having missed BF's suggestion of a real cop and a gargoyle that is trying to emulate real copping abilities; this somewhat clarifies the problem with her cop strategy. Her idea that it's O.K. to lynch town if they're scummy -- I think I read too much into this. I was reading it as "even if someone is confirmed town, it's a good idea to lynch them if they're acting scummy", which is not what she wanted to say at all. Now I need to see who was misleading me there. REVISED OPINION: NEUTRAL

JSO: Is being extremely non-committal, sticking to a more-or-less random vote. NEUTRAL - VERY SLIGHT SCUM LEAN

CaptainFinglass has been misrepresenting events somewhat in his analyses. I didn't really notice this until KrO2 pointed it out. His defense was too short to be really convincing. LEANS SCUM

KrO2: Pointed out the problem with CaptainFinglass (this was also previously mentioned by Snark). I don't know that I agree with his negative assessment of UniqueScreenName (see below). LEANS TOWN

careyhammer: Lots of confused posting. Some of it could be interpreted as scummy, but I mostly see it as "new". NEUTRAL

Snark is the one who convinced me that fearless was trouble. He himself voted for CaptainFinglass, whom I have have rated as scummy already. UNCERTAIN READ - LEAVE HIM NEUTRAL FOR NOW

UniqueScreenname: Comments about jesters. Slight misinterpretation of fearless' position, which I really can't fault, as I am guilty of the same. SLIGHT SCUMMY TINGE

Lataro wam: Not enough to go on.

Here is where I'm supposed to complain about Day 1. But instead, I'm just going to vote:

Vote: CaptainFinglass

[I think that there's still a little bit of time left before Night end, so perhaps I can revise this if CF manages to make a good defense.]
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 11, 2012 7:14 am UTC

Votals:
BoomFrog: 1 (JesseScottOwen)
CaptainFinglass: 3 (KrO2, mpolo, Snark)
fearless: 2 (careyhammer, UniqueScreenname)
mpolo: 2 (BoomFrog, Mostlynormal)
wam: 1 (matt96)

14 players alive, 8 votes to lynch. Deadline in a bit less than 16 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby wam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 am UTC

Just saying im here. Will do a complete read through and come up with some content later today.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm UTC

Seeing as I have no way to justify myself for poorly judged mistakes that I've already admitted to making, I'll try this for a strategy: role claim.

I'm a town bodyguard. Believe me or don't believe me, but I guarentee if I'm lynched it's a power that town loses.

That being said, yes, I've been playing this game badly. I've already (briefly) explained why. My idea regarding copping didn't even cross my mind as stupid until someone else pointed out that the cops would have to reveal themselves. As for my vote on fearless, from the evidence I thought I had based on a misread, you can call it bad logic if you want, but that was my best attempt at explaining my reasoning, which did make sense to me. I'd vote for fearless again (I'm still suspicious) but that will tie it and force a no lynch, which because I'm doing it to prevent being lynched will come across as scummy.

Eh. I look scummy at this point anyways and I don't think that's going to change because I've already screwed it up.
Vote: fearless

Once I'm lynched, have another look at her. That's all I ask.
Allons-y!

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby JesseScottOwen » Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm UTC

Finglass:

It's pretty close to deadline for you to be doing this. How about you tell us which character you are, exactly? Scum wouldn't want to, because they might accidentally pick a character that someone else has. You might try, though. If you're telling the truth, you have no issue.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 2:03 pm UTC

Claiming your power is useless for proving that your town. As JSO said, you should be claiming your rolename. And I'd really rather not have a no lynch thanks.

Unvote
Vote: Captain Finglass


I'd still rather lynch mpolo though, I'll be back online before the deadline I think.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby JesseScottOwen » Fri May 11, 2012 2:35 pm UTC

Unvote

Sorry about earlier, Boomfrog. I just don't like backing down.

Vote: mpolo

People who aren't voting need to.

kthanxbai
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby mpolo » Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

Great. I'm Bronx. The power is connected with the whole "Gargoyle Beast" thing. This probably makes me unlikely to survive -- I'm a tracker with no reason to think I might be insane.

Please unvote

Unvote

Vote: fearless

On the basis that it's the only chance to save two claimed townies.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Unvote

I don't think I have enough evidence on fearless. Us not seeing eye to eye doesn't make her mafia. However, if CF doesn't claim his character, I'm gonna switch to him. There are too many holes for me to think he's telling the truth.

Also, JSO, why do you keep voting with absolutely no reasoning?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 11, 2012 3:38 pm UTC

Want me to role claim by my name? Fine. I'm Goliath.
Kthxbai
Allons-y!

User avatar
JesseScottOwen
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 pm UTC
Location: In the Cloud
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby JesseScottOwen » Fri May 11, 2012 3:40 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Also, JSO, why do you keep voting with absolutely no reasoning?


Um, I've voted twice. I am going to

Unvote

because mpolo claimed his character. I had previously voted on him because I liked an mpolo lynch more than a Finglass lynch. Finglass should probably claim his character if he want to survive, I assume. I'm an advocate of everyone having a vote down, so

Vote: fearless

And I'll probably be voting for you tomorrow, UniqueScreenname, if fearless gets lynched and is scum. Because it seems like you were trying to distance yourself, and now you're trying to stop the bandwagon.

Ninja'd. Nice, bro. He seems pretty cool.
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 838
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

Gentle reminder here that the pronoun thread exists, people, and you may wish to consult it.

Votals:
CaptainFinglass: 3 (BoomFrog, KrO2, Snark)
fearless: 4 (CaptainFinglass, careyhammer, JesseScottOwen, mpolo)
mpolo: 1 (Mostlynormal)
wam: 1 (matt96)

14 players alive, 8 votes to lynch. Deadline in a bit more than 7 hours.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Snark » Fri May 11, 2012 3:48 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: fearless


Mass role claim seems to be the order of the day. I'm happy with a fearless lynch unless she decides to role-claim too.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby ahammel » Fri May 11, 2012 4:13 pm UTC

I absolutely believe Finglass's claim, unless somebody counters. The only other possibility is that Goliath isn't in the game, or can't claim, and scum know this, which is highly unlikely.

Vote: fearless

In case of a last-minute roleclaim, I'll be looking at US (reasons discussed above), or mostlynormal who I suspect of active-lurking.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
fearless
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm UTC
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby fearless » Fri May 11, 2012 4:16 pm UTC

Woah, 2 role claims already. Doubt both are false because that would be way too risky. Possible that one is false - the fact that captfinglass conveniently neglected to tell us her name, only to be appended by a rather brisk reply later on prods me into believing it's a desperate claim... still, it could just as likely to be a desperate town claim. Not going to take my chances and a no lynch probably isn't good for us either. anyways...Looks like my head's about to roll - I don't like giving more info as I feel like too much has been given already and it really doesn't do town any favours.

[quote=UniqueScreenname]My thought was that in wanting everyone to assume that cops were sane, then you wanted there to remain some doubt in the validity of cop results if you were exposed. [/quote]
Huh? Honestly that was not my train of thought at all... why would I be worried about an expose when I'm town?
but I'm still quite concerned about the willingness to lynch a townie. And sure, it's speculation, but that's kinda what you're supposed to do in this game. It's not like there's a whole bunch of absolute truth to go on.

Carey isn't a confirmed town. There is nothing to say he isn't a scum playing the newbie card. He hasn't said anything at all today and hasn't really provided much content or analysis other than ones based on hysteria - He vote switched so many times that it's become difficult to read him. I get that we should give him a chance since he's a newb and everything, but let's not ignore all the obvious scum-tells just because he's a newb.

This is not what I was getting at. I was saying we can't assume that the cops are limited to her. Earlier I had said we don't know if Eliza is here or if there are more cops than her. So if someone came out and said they were a cop, but it wasn't her, there would be doubt. I honestly agree that a cop in the show would be sane in the game, but any others I would worry about. Fearless responded that she thinks it's unlikely there's more than one cop. To me that could pass as an honest opinion, and if I had no other concerns about her I would have unvoted.
Ok so I think we've established that this game isnt likely to have more than one cop. Now, with that in mind, why would the cop role NOT be Eliza, who's a main character on the show? why would the cop role be, say for example, a random person that we know nothing about...? Doesn't make sense?
I feel like youre simply trying to force us into an insanity bubble, possibly hoping that we'd either waste an investigation or spend too much time obsessing over our sanity or simply spread lots of wine.
Vote unique screen name
Because I'm not going to chance voting those who role claimed

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Snark » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm UTC

No role claim? Yeah, you're scum.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
fearless
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm UTC
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby fearless » Fri May 11, 2012 4:22 pm UTC

because my role will be revealed the next night anyways. claiming now will only give the mafia more information for the day actions - why would I want to do that seeing as 2 people /already/ claimed?

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby ahammel » Fri May 11, 2012 4:32 pm UTC

Snark wrote:No role claim? Yeah, you're scum.

Poor reasoning, for reasons fearless points out. I'll be taking a close look at you as well if fearless flips town.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby Snark » Fri May 11, 2012 4:46 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:
Snark wrote:No role claim? Yeah, you're scum.

Poor reasoning, for reasons fearless points out. I'll be taking a close look at you as well if fearless flips town.

If fearless is town, the only way that fearless claiming her role name would help scum is if her character name made it very obvious what her power is as well. Maybe that's the case, but as a flavor-blind person, I'm guessing this isn't the case with most roles. I could be wrong though so feel free to correct me if you have flavor knowledge.

Also ahammel, you do realize that you still have a vote on fearless yourself? Pot, kettle, black?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby wam » Fri May 11, 2012 5:01 pm UTC

Right I have just about caught up.

Based on the roleclaims (and no one counteracting them)

Vote Fearless

As she would have roleclamied if she had a town role and is clearly not willing to try and falseclaim.

Just for reference that puts her at L-1.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby ahammel » Fri May 11, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

Snark wrote:If fearless is town, the only way that fearless claiming her role name would help scum is if her character name made it very obvious what her power is as well. Maybe that's the case, but as a flavor-blind person, I'm guessing this isn't the case with most roles. I could be wrong though so feel free to correct me if you have flavor knowledge.

You just want a name claim? That wasn't clear: I retract the FoS.

Snark wrote:Also ahammel, you do realize that you still have a vote on fearless yourself? Pot, kettle, black?

I do. It's best that I vote for the lynchee for power reasons; and a fearless lynch looks inevitable now.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Gargoyles Mafia - Night 1: Reflections of the Self

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote: I'll probably be voting for you tomorrow, UniqueScreenname, if fearless gets lynched and is scum. Because it seems like you were trying to distance yourself, and now you're trying to stop the bandwagon.

What! That doesn't make any sense. I am partly responsible for the bandwagon myself. Why would I call any attention to her if my end goal was to save her? It was only after I unvoted that people started to consider her suspicious again.

And, I'm going to redo my vote, because her latest defense is, "that doesn't make sense because I'm town" which doesn't fly with me.
Vote: fearless
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests