Fallout Mafia II - Game Over - DBC Married - Town Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm UTC

Ha yeah I looted eculc too. Was it very obvious? Lol.
-Adam

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:22 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Ha yeah I looted eculc too. Was it very obvious? Lol.


Well i worked out you had looted at least one scum. So it was 50 50 either way....
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:23 pm UTC

I looted eculc as well, and based on what I got he must have had one heck of a lot of stuff if anyone else was looting him.

With this few of us left, and three mafia down, I'm thinking claims might be in order. If anyone else agrees with Adam's suspicions, I'd be happy to go first.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 pm UTC

I'm fine with claiming.

Hmmm I might have a good idea. We claim our ITEMS, then we give everything to the player below us so that they can confirm. We can then return items. If anyone cheats, we lynch them. Or else we lynch whoever has the scummiest stuff. It's possible/likely that scum players wouldn't claim or give away the entirety of their stash, but then the fact that they don't have many items might be suspicious. Thoughts?
-Adam

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm UTC

It's an interesting plan, but I'd like to let people finish claiming who they looted first.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 am UTC

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I looted wam.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:50 am UTC

Oh, sorry. Turns out this didn't post! That looting thing was an afterthought.

Nice one! I reckon we have either one scum or indie left. Knew matt would be scum! I got one irradiated ration from him so I guess scum are within the people he traded with. Unless he thought ahead and traded with just town, but my guess is he gave one thing to a few townie looking people and lots to his scummate. Good work to our vig/vigs for another good choice. Claims might well be in order. I'm happy with DBC claiming first, as we haven't heard too much from him. Adam's idea is also interesting as items may be more important than rolenames.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby CaptainFinglass » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:00 am UTC

@wam - Alright. Care to explain why I'm dodgy?

For last night, I honestly forgot to loot anyone. If anyone watched me, they'd be able to confirm this I suspect.

The idea of item claiming seems to be fairly alright on the surface, but what if someone simply doesn't claim an item and then doesn't trade it? I'm willing to bet that no one has the same number of items anymore, or even a very good idea of how many items everyone else has (constructing, repairing, etc), so it's not like we would have any way of checking. Unless the mod tells us if someone's entire inventory is traded...

Mod, do you say when an entire inventory is traded away, or just 'a bunch of stuff'?
Allons-y!

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 am UTC

Once SoC claims who they looted last night I'll claim a few more interesting things of myself, I just want to get everyone's lootclaims out first.

Something about lynx's post is just pinging me - it feels like trying too hard to be jovial. It's not really about the content (what there is), just something in the tone being used.

CF - I highly, highly doubt the mod would give any more information than "has given away some stuff" as was provided on earlier days, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 am UTC

Care to give us some flavor for the "mafia" faction? If they are Ghouls or Mutants then that would affect my current suspicions...
No

CaptainFinglass wrote:Mod, do you say when an entire inventory is traded away, or just 'a bunch of stuff'?

Number of items is not specified, one or all of your items gets the same message.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 am UTC

Too jovial? Don't think I've ever been accused of that before, although I will admit I use an inordinate amount of exclamation marks when I type, and it often sounds silly when I read it back.

Hurry up SoC, I have a couple of tidbits of information I'd like to share too.

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 am UTC

Give mewhatever feels fair, and no on disassembled armor.I have stupidly not tried to loot anyone yet, nut I need to come clean

I am a merchant, independent, but pro town. In want town to win, and support then.my winning condition is to end with 20 value worth of stuff, which is why I am charging.once I have met 20, I will charge nothing. I'm sorry I did not post this yesterday, but my phone did not send send the post properly. my computer out of commission, and I have had to send all posts from my phone.

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:27 am UTC

So, what's the plan with claiming? I have some info but it's possibly about a town role we might not want to out. I'd like some feedback though as there's a possibility I've found scum.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 am UTC

You know what? I'm gonna go ahead and claim. And the first thing I'm going to claim is:

IT WAS ME! I'M THE HERO! </zoidberg>

I vigged eculc last night. I did exactly 3 damage, and didn't loot any armor from eculc, so it's possible my attack took him out solo, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else attacked also; if anyone did loot armor, it implies someone else attacked him with me/he'd partially starved N1 (highly unlikely). I also ate a booby trap to the face, but it didn't bother me, because, well...

As Adam suspected and I haven't exactly been being subtle about, I am a Super Mutant, hence my immunity to radiation (and my need for lots of rations - I need to eat two a day - as well as higher-than-normal base health). But not the bad kind, though! I'm a friendly neighborhood Super Mutant, and I'd just stopped into town to get some more Stealthboys when all this fighting broke out...you understand, don't you? I mean, when you activate one and there's that, that *tingle* on your skin as it kicks in, creeping along your body, it...it just feels so...I NEED MORE! I...

...Ahem. Sorry about that. So, I know I sometimes have trouble controlling myself when I haven't had a Stealthboy in a while, so I deliberately avoided crafting any weapons - I certainly wouldn't want to hurt any other nice townies if I lose control! Instead I crafted my Scope to try and see what the bad guys were up to, and I looked at New User because he'd been spouting bigotry against Super Mutants, and I was afraid he wanted to get me lynched. We're not all bad, you know! I mean, sure, *most* Muties are homicidal rage-maniacs, but for those of us that aren't our lives are already hard enough without all this hate! But the bad guys decided to kill New User while I was watching, and I was too far away to do anything. v.v

"But wait", you might say! "If you didn't craft any weapons, how can you claim to have vigged eculc? Your claimed loot target didn't die N1 so you couldn't have looted a weapon!" It's simple - I just used my MIGHTY MUTIE FIST OF JUSTICE instead (an innate weapon that does 1-armor damage)! With the delicious tingly stealthboy sensations all over, its paltry 1 damage got boosted to 3, enough to take him down. It's unfortunate that I might deck someone with the FIST OF JUSTICE if I don't get a stealthboy, but it'll only do 1 damage - all the nice people seem to like making armor, and you should barely feel it through that! I'm really sorry if I do punch you, but it's okay, I don't mean it.

That said, there's a bit of a problem. I looted eculc, and now I *have* weapons - and now I'm all out of Stealthboys and the cravings are starting to kick in. If nobody's willing to trade me a Fusion Cell to make another Stealthboy tonight so I can control myself, I'm afraid I'm going to do something terrible - and I understand you might not trust me with a Stealthboy and weapons, given how people don't like Muties, how there's no way to prove any of my actions since I was Stealthboyed both nights (aside from a slight possibility of someone verifying that New User had a Knife - not Leather Armor as I originally thought though, that was a mod error), and how I admit my role doesn't sound very townish. Able to attack without weapons? Lots of health and armor? Sounds suspect! But what I'm telling is the honest truth, and if there's any way I haven't thought of yet to verify it, that should corroborate my claims. Along with that, though:

If nobody wants to trade me a Fusion Cell to craft a Stealthboy (quite understandably), I will give away the items I looted from eculc so that I don't accidentally use them on a townie during the night in my withdrawal-induced lashing-out. This would also have the side effect of giving us more potential vig power - I looted two weapons from him.

An interesting side note - I have reason to believe I was targeted for the NK last night, and it failed because I was Stealthboyed. That reason is that one of the weapons I looted from eculc was a Sniper Rifle, and a Bullet as well - while he may have had spare ammo, the fact that no townies outright died makes me think he tried to shoot me with his spare bullet, and it failed. I'm not certain of this, but unless someone took one hell of a wallop last night and was healed/heavily-armored enough to survive it, it might at least be able to corroborate my claim of 1) stealthboyed and 2) not a member of the scum team, though I realize that doesn't rule me out as an SK from your POV. (Hopefully I can get some corroboration on the Scope results to prove that side of things.)

Well, that's my claim, and it feels like I'm forgetting something but I think that covers most of it. Oh, except for one very important thing - I'm a mistrusted townie (why nobody like da Muties? :(), and I only win with town if I'm still alive at the end of the game, so I will *not* accept any plan that involves, if it comes down to a (from town POV) "DBC or [X] has to be scum" situation, lynching me first and then the other. With 3 scum down and 6 players left, we've got enough breathing room that hopefully that shouldn't be an issue.



As far as claims, I don't trust SoC's. If your goal is to accumulate stuff, why on earth wouldn't you loot anyone? I realize SoC is acknowledging it wasn't the best move, but I'd think that win condition would kinda get you focused on that goal and make it not something you'd forget.

At present, I'm mistrustful of the others who claim to have looted eculc (Adam H and lynx) - I got what I'd consider to be quite a bit of stuff, enough that I'd expect it to be half of the total haul. Granted, scum will probably have more stuff due to looting their kill targets, but I still don't feel like it was the result of a three-way split. Right now I'd say I'm most trusting of wam, and view others with varying degrees of suspicion; lynx for the tone thing mentioned previously, SoC for lurking and a claim I don't quite believe (yes, I realize there were computer issues), and Adam H for reasons I can't seem to put my finger on so it's probably mostly subconscious OMGUS + claiming a loot on eculc; CF I'm feeling mostly neutral towards at the moment, lurkiness being more of a thing for me than the voting record wam mentioned. When both people up to be lynched are scum, it seems like scum would want to put a vote down for townie points rather than staying silent...though that theory doesn't seem to fit very well with my suspected scummers. I'll read back and check what peoples' arguments were and if anyone was trying to redirect the bandwagon, but this post is entirely too long already.

I'd like lynx to claim info next. I think we shouldn't be too worried about revealing info and potentially outing power roles - even with a mislynch and Jet, a scummer could kill at most 2 people the next night (barring AoE weapons), still giving us another lynch. So long as there's not absolutely horrendous infighting, we should be fine, especially if we can use medkits on the NK target - I'd recommend against trying to vig tonight if we don't lynch scum. Meaning my "hand out weapons to give us more potential vig shots" plan from earlier is a bad one, and I'd just give the weapons to someone I don't think is scum, possibly with extra trades of trivial stuff to decoy scum. (Or SoC to disassemble them if we trust that they can actually do that and aren't scum, which I for one am kind of reluctant about.)



TL;DR I'm a townie Super Mutant who vigged eculc from stealthboy last night, looted his weapons, and need to either get rid of them or make another stealthboy.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:49 am UTC

DBC

Thats an intereting claim to say the least!

I have a fusion cell to trade that im not planning on using (it came from matts stuff).

However I still really want scrap, but also don't want you to keep a weapons because im not completely convinced your town (sorry)

So (as I have you over a barrel!) how about you make an offer for my fusion cell?

Also for reference from eculc I got a grenade, 1 gunpowder and 2 fuel.

Also yeah SoC if you need items I think you would have been looting players. So your looking rather scummy to me.

CaptainFinglass wrote:@wam - Alright. Care to explain why I'm dodgy?


Well I did explain it in my post. But in short both of the leadin lynch targets yesterday were scum. Therefore I was suspicous of anyone who hadn't voted for either (you and SoC) and I felt you were the most suspicous of the two.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm UTC

Epic post DBC! Super mutant is a risky claim for scum, and considering there are multiple friendly super mutants in the Fallout games (although only Nightkin use stealthboys and they're generally evil) so I can see you as being town but also, you'll understand a fair deal of suspicion coming your way.
Two things: I looted wam not eculc, and a question. Is there any flavour justification for you having to survive as well as win with town? Sounds like you're more of an Indy survivor with a half win for town? More info on that would be nice.

And my claim. I crafted a scope D1, and N1 looked at Adam. He used a throwing spear but was wearing leather armour as well as looking pretty townie so I gave him the benefit of the doubt as a vig. On a re-read though, I'm suspicious. Let's say he was a vig. If he attacked TMG he would have thought he was scum, and considering scum are not likely to be wearing armour and the throwing spear does three damage, he could reasonably expect to kill him. Why then did he claim to loot eculc on D2? It makes very little sense and I think he attacked and looted New User. I didn't say anything as I didn't want to be nightkilled before I could spy on SoC, also I was pretty sure matt was scum and didn't want to distract you all. SoC has upper level armour and used no items last night. I doubt scum would waste good scrap on armour, but then again it was a dodgy claim.

Here's what I'm going to do. If Adam isn't lynched today and doesn't come up with any decent defence, I'll roleblock him. Role is lady of the night by the way, I can roleblock someone but it counts as a close action and I preferred scope both nights as well as liking being able to choose my loot target.

Vote: Adam H

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:34 pm UTC

Well that looks pretty damming to me.

vote adam H

If he does turn up town though, I will be looking at a possible lynx soc scum team.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 pm UTC

Instead of giving DBC a stealthboy, how about we LYNCH HIM. He claimed SUPER MUTANT SURVIVOR (or something). If we don't lynch him or give him a stealthboy, he will kill us! (from what I understand from his looong post)

I attacked eculc N1 and N2, both times with throwing spears. N1, my logic was that if eculc was town, he would have armor, and if he was scum, he probably wouldn't. I believed this because he was trading away leather, and I thought it was unlikely he started out with enough leather to make armor and whatever weapons scum would want.

Throwing spears are nice and townie because if they fail, it's probably because the target has armor which means they are likely townies. So if I miskill, my attack doesn't kill the target and it gives them a throwing spear to use. If they are scum, hopefully it will kill them (or so my logic went - it's clearly flawed since eculc had armor...).

Yesterday I became convinced that eculc was lying about his loot claim because I knew he had armor since my throwing spear didn't kill him. So if he had more than 3 health, why would he be scared of a trap that does 3 damage!?

I looted a throwing spear, damaged armor, and a bullet from eculc. There's one more throwing spear roaming around.

I'm vanilla town. I don't have a rolename and I'm suspicious of everyone that does... just... lynch the SUPER MUTANT. please.
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:42 pm UTC

Ninja'd by wam. OK, you two are both being dumb. What the hell looks damning about spending 3 scrap and 1 leather on a THROWING SPEAR. If I was scum and used a throwing spear on someone with armor, I would be giving a townie a weapon! That's dumb dumb dumb.

If a reasonable person saw that I used a throwing spear, they would say "wow that's an incredibly townie thing to do."

:P
-Adam

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 pm UTC

Well I think its more down to the fact that you attacked someone, that automatically makes you look dodgy.

But what in my mind is pretty condeming in your post is that you had the option to make metal armour and instead chose to make a throwing spear.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:20 pm UTC

I used med-x, and it was a hard decision, if that helps.
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:56 pm UTC

And really wam? 2 scum die in two nights, and you think that attacking someone is dodgy? IMO we've basically already shown that vigging is how we win this game.

OK, I'm sending SoC Leather Armor, Throwing Spear, and a Bullet. SoC should disassemble them, take one material (MATERIAL, not item), and send me the rest, please. If you refuse these terms, then send all of it back. If I don't get it back before the end of the day, I will be quite annoyed. There's about 72 hours left, I think.

If I'm lynched, I'm giving all my stuff to SoC and CaptainFinglass. The rest of you don't deserve it.
-Adam

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:37 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:And really wam? 2 scum die in two nights, and you think that attacking someone is dodgy? IMO we've basically already shown that vigging is how we win this game.

OK, I'm sending SoC Leather Armor, Throwing Spear, and a Bullet. SoC should disassemble them, take one material (MATERIAL, not item), and send me the rest, please. If you refuse these terms, then send all of it back. If I don't get it back before the end of the day, I will be quite annoyed. There's about 72 hours left, I think.

If I'm lynched, I'm giving all my stuff to SoC and CaptainFinglass. The rest of you don't deserve it.


True your right about the vigging (and I lost the previous version of this by not vigging) I was more saying its almost automtic (in my mind) that attacking=scummy.

I think for now I will

unvote

What made you pick SoC and Finglass, SoC I can just about see (with what lynx has said), however, Finglass in my mind is the person who looks scummiest!

Also just for confirmation can you say that lynx is right? Therefore we can trust what he said about SoC?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm UTC

I can confirm part of Adam H's claim - the other weapon I looted from eculc was a Throwing Spear. So, that at least fits with the "chucked two throwing spears at eculc" claim, and the numbers work out for leather armor to have blocked the attack from killing on N1 + eculc being finished off N2. It could be misinformation coordinated via scum knowing each other's items, and it would also work with a "killed/looted New User N1 getting the spear back, then gave it to eculc voluntarily or by force" narrative, but at the very least he's not lying through his teeth and it explains the "looted eculc" claim.

lynx - The justification is pretty much what I was implying in my post's "flavor"; people don't trust da Muties, and I'm helping town out because it's the right thing to do. Plus, it's a good place to shop for more Stealthboys!

Speaking of which, you're correct on the flavor - I am in fact a Nightkin. But don't tar us all with the same brush!


And Adam - if I'm not lynched or given a stealthboy I'm giving away all my weapons so I *don't* accidentally kill townies. Bit of a difference there to threatening to kill them. :P
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm UTC

So DBC whats my fusion cell worth to you then?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm UTC

I don't have that much of interest to trade, sadly - and more specifically, no scrap unless we get SoC to disassemble something (and that's actually something SoC can do, etc.). I have an extra Battery I could trade away, as well as a Gunpowder, or I could fork over one or both of the weapons I got from eculc, as (as mentioned above) I don't think heavy vigging is a good idea this night. (I wouldn't normally want to trade away the battery as I'd need it for another Stealthboy, but I'm guessing this game's going to be decided before N4 hits.)

Also - having received a Ration from matt before he died, and looted an Irradiated Ration as my final item off of eculc last night (and munching it that same night), I now have two regular Rations. Perfectly willing to trade each one for a single Irradiated Ration apiece.

The more I think about it the less certain I am that I should even bother stealthboying up tonight - I don't have any reads solid enough atm to want to vig anyone even if I thought it was a good idea to be vigging tonight, the main reason I'd do so is so I can Scope someone out. Which is certainly useful, but I'm not sure the suspicion and unverifiability that using a Stealthboy will inevitably generate is worth it; furthermore, all I know is that the mod will decide my action randomly if I don't use a Stealthboy, so (esp. if I give my other items away) there's a decent chance I'll randomly use my Scope anyway and get a useful result, and if not, pretty much anyone should be able to shrug off 1-armor damage. (And I can understand not wanting to give away the Fusion Cell for fear that I'm an SK trying to get my Super Sledge on!)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:25 pm UTC

Wam, as I said D2, I thought eculc was more likely to be scum, but voting for him would have caused a tie ~12 hours before the deadline, which you probably also would say is scummy. Whether I voted or not was going to cause wine (she knows they're scum so she didn't vote; she knows they're scum so she voted to buy one of them extra time and screw us all up), so I came right out and said what I thought.

I'm feeling suspicious of SoC, for the whole "I need a bunch of stuff but I haven't tried looting yet." He said it was stupid, yes, but if he realizes it's stupid, why then is he still following that tactic?

I'm not sure what to think of DBC--on the surface, from what I can dig out of the wall of text, he seems to be pretty town, but the idea that he has no/limited control of hurting people in certain situations, well, that doesn't strike me as an overly townie thing to have. I could be wrong, and that all might just be the mods having a good laugh. Also, DBC, why not just send your weapons to SoC to disassemble? We don't know who scum is; no sense accidentally giving them new toys to play with.

As for Adam, all game I've been getting pretty townie pings off him. His logic with the whole throwing spear thing is sound (though it does have the whole "if I were scum, I wouldn't be that dumb" thing, which is just a load of wine whichever way you put it) and if he attacked eculc then I don't see how he could be scum buddies him. IMO, he generally has good content to his posts, so he's not active lurking. At this point, I'm inclined to take him as a vig rather than mafia/SK/random indie kill people/etc
Allons-y!

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:36 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:Speaking of which, you're correct on the flavor - I am in fact a Nightkin. But don't tar us all with the same brush!

And Adam - if I'm not lynched or given a stealthboy I'm giving away all my weapons so I *don't* accidentally kill townies. Bit of a difference there to threatening to kill them.
Wow. DBC has an evil role that he initially lied about, he has OP health/armor and an inherent attack (though weak, it synergizes nicely with his addiction to stealthboys)... The fact that he's bribing us to get out of the lynch DOES NOT make him any more townie. (And seriously, in fallout, you kill super mutants first and ask questions later. There is maybe 1 super mutant out of 100,000 that isn't insane and evil)

wam wrote:Also just for confirmation can you say that lynx is right? Therefore we can trust what he said about SoC?
Yup lynx is right about my N1 action and armor. So I think SoC is either not anti-town (advanced armor and no night actions is pretty innocent) or lynx and SoC are scum team together.

Also, it might behoove us to make a deal with SoC if we believe his claim. I think that finglass and DBC are significantly more likely to be anti-town than SoC, so I think we might as well trust him since we probably won't be able to kill DBC, finglass, and SoC before the game ends. The deal I'm thinking of is that we get him to 20 value with our useless items (fuel is mainly what I have in mind), and he gives us armor and things.

Anyone want to claim the N1 TMG kill? It wasn't me.

I really really think that a DBC lynch is the best thing here. Really really really really. SoC, I'm willing to bribe you. If you want to lynch DBC but are afraid that it would end the game without you getting to 20 value, I'll give you enough to get you to your goal.
-Adam

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:41 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:
DaBigCheez wrote:Speaking of which, you're correct on the flavor - I am in fact a Nightkin. But don't tar us all with the same brush!

And Adam - if I'm not lynched or given a stealthboy I'm giving away all my weapons so I *don't* accidentally kill townies. Bit of a difference there to threatening to kill them.
Wow. DBC has an evil role that he initially lied about


...When did I lie about my role? Nightkin are a subset of Super Mutants.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:52 pm UTC

I only played fallout 3, so I don't really know what nightkins are. But it seems like they are definitely a distinct subset. And saying "I am in fact a Nightkin" sort of implies to me that your previous statement of "I am a super mutant" was not, in your opinion, fact.

SEMANTICS. It doesn't matter. Lynch the mutant.
-Adam

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm UTC

Semantics = Nightkin was the "ability" that's my Stealthboy addiction, my main role ability (containing all my other specials) was listed under Super Mutant. (I don't seem to have an actual role "name" per se, but Super Mutant is my first "ability" and lists the specials, Nightkin is the second and only discusses the addiction.) Hence why I listed my role as Super Mutant and not Nightkin, despite them both being true statements.

And this kind of anti-Mutie bigotry is why so many of us don't like regular humans. "It's a Mutant, shut up and lynch it!" And you wonder why I was driven to Stealthboy addiction if this kind of thing happens every time I'm seen... :(
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:12 pm UTC

:lol: I appreciate your posting style, but I still think you're evil.

Is there an example in fallout lore of anti-super-mutant bigotry? There's lots of bigotry against mutants such as ghouls, but I only know of 1 super mutant that wasn't pure evil, and that was the result of a unique experiment when super mutants were first created. They're like reapers AFAIK - it's not bigotry to shoot first and ask questions later...

And in this case, we've asked a bunch of questions, and I think we only have 1 anti-town independent left. It just fits.
-Adam

User avatar
lynx
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 pm UTC
Location: Wessex

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby lynx » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 pm UTC

Okay, I didn't consider Adam vigging anyone but the two who died. Attacking eculc is pretty believable, so I'll
Unvote
For now. So, to business. Adam, there are several examples of friendly super mutants and they all deal with huge amounts of bigotry. and nighkin are just super mutants driven mad by stealthboy addiction rather than a race to themselves; I believe his claim, I only have reservations about his alignment.

I'm willing to give Adam and DBC the benefit of the doubt for now even just for constant contribution and decent defence. As a result, finglass is my next scummiest read. Although lurking is pretty standard fare for her, there's been very little content from her and it's getting suspicious.

Oh, and as for buddying claims with SoC, what about my post yesterday saying that him and matt were probably scum? If it wasnt for my scope last night I'd be pushing for his lynch. Is anyone suggesting I called out both of my remaining scum-mates and lynched one? With a scope to back it up, verified by Adam? Get real.

I started making a town-scum list but it's useless as I can see everyone being scum. Suffice to say CF has rocketed to the top of my list. Looks like another re-read is in order tomorrow!

DBC, trade you two irradiated rations for two regular? Nothing to give you in return unfortunately, I haven't looted anyone. Sending pm now, if you don't want to don't worry and just one will be fine too.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:31 pm UTC

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Adam is town, given his claims being backed up well by independent verification (lynx's scope and my lootage of a throwing spear, which I doubt he would have crafted on his own if he had a sniper rifle+ammo). Another point in his favor, in my mind, is that it wouldn't have made sense for him to spam-attack eculc as either scum or SK, when eculc was both scum in a game where scum wasn't doing too well and was heading for a lynch the next day; scum wouldn't exactly want to kill off their own teammate when it'd be that hard to verify they even took the action, and an SK would probably want to bring down town's numbers and leave the easy lynch target instead of leaving themselves alone or near-alone. (<wine>Hey, those are the same reasons it wouldn't have made sense for me to attack eculc last night if I was an SK!</wine>)

Adam - bleh, I wanted to propose an exchange of my Throwing Spear and Bullet for your Throwing Spear and Bullet that we looted off of eculc, so that we could verify each other's telling the truth (proving eculc had two throwing spears stuck in 'im, and that I looted eculc, and those couldn't have close-attacked anyone else last night). With them already gone to SoC it looks like that won't work though, unless I were to try and set up that trade with SoC.

SoC: Can you verify that Adam gave you (damaged?) Leather Armor, a Throwing Spear and a Bullet (once mod processes the giveaway)? If so, would you be willing to exchange the Throwing Spear and the Bullet for mine, to verify that we each have those items, before disassembling anything?

lynx - Sorry about the "people who looted eculc" confusion earlier, I think seeing you looted wam and wam looted eculc somehow cancelled out the "wam" portion in my brain. And as to the rations, sure thing, sending the PM now.

lynx's scope result on SoC is interesting, and makes for a bit more confidence in my mind; combined with evidence in Adam's favor and absence of more pings from lynx (and presence of useful info from same), CF is now at the top of my list. I keep almost forgetting she's even playing, which is never a good sign. I think having her claim next would be good.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:09 pm UTC

OK, well DBC has been acting nice. So I'll make a deal. If he gives away all his stuff, I'll unvote.

I encourage EVERYONE to give him the same ultimatum.

He's the best lynch candidate I've ever seen in any mafia game, and IMO it would be an absolute disgrace to the forum if he gets through today alive and with all his items. (Exaggeration? Whatever. I'm convinced he needs to be lynched.)

Consider that we can vig captain finglass tonight, but DBC supposedly has high health and might even be unkillable outside the lynch.

Hmm, wait a second, I think I'm missing something. DBC, did you see New User's knife with your SCOPE? ...That's not how scopes work, right?
-Adam

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 pm UTC

...wait a second, there was no knife, the whole *point* was that New User didn't use any items, hence the whole "objection" debacle yesterday. Where the crap did I remember a knife from? :/

Okay, after re-reading the whole "objection" thing I can see where my memory got confused - it was that matt was *claiming* New User had a knife and my scope result saying that he hadn't used one, which he presumably would have or not bothered crafting it. Sorry about the confusion, that'll teach me to go off memory with my results a week or two later.

I'm fine with giving away all my stuff (aside from rations) if we can agree on a trustworthy recipient, that's been my plan the whole time if I'm not getting a Stealthboy, and as noted I'm not certain it's even worth crafting one. I would like to keep my Scope, though - the mod's been deliberately non-explicit about how the "random action" mechanic works, but I think it should give me a chance to take a non-punching action. I'd be fine with trading the Scope back and forth with someone to prove it actually exists.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:37 pm UTC

EBWOP: If New User had used a knife I totally would have seen it given the Scope mechanics, so it's not just a case of "scopes do not work that way", just brainconfusion. Also, I realize the obvious problem with giving my stuff *all* away to one person; ideally my plan is "give one person the good stuff, give others I think are townies some cheap decoy items to throw off anyone trying to kill and loot the person who I gave the weapons", if that seems reasonable. Such a plan could look hella suspicious if you thought I was aligned *with* anyone, but it sounds like most of the suspicion is of me being anti-town indy rather than scum (and I highly doubt the game started with 5 scum, so such a giveaway wouldn't be "passing things to a scummate" even if you did think I was scum).
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby wam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 pm UTC

Yeah Im happy to leave DBC for another night. as long as he gives away all his weapons.

To be fair at this point I feel we can probably survive a few mislynches.

So I guess that leave us lynching finglass which im happy with.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby Adam H » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:35 pm UTC

I'd much rather lynch DBC and vig finglass. We have enough weapons for that... but oh well.

Please no one hammer or put finglass at L-1 until we can hash things out with SoC. I want what's rightfully mine! Also, if he wants us to buy his loyalty, I'm interested in hearing his proposal.

As soon as we get 1 more player who wants DBC to give his stuff away, then DBC should give away his stuff and I'll unvote. I approve of his plan on how to distribute things (the only downside would be if he's on a scumteam - if that's the case, then screw you BF, that's way too much scum!). I want DBC to do it ASAP so that we're not hung up close to deadline on this.

If 1 more player does agree with this and DBC hesitates, then I hope you'll all agree that he should be lynched.

One more thing I almost forgot about - if wam was attacked last night, he should claim so we can lynch lynx.
-Adam

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Fallout Mafia II - D3 - Another two bite the dust

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 pm UTC

...Hrm. The downside of the "I give stuff to multiple people" strategy is that you won't be able to verify I gave the actual *weapons* away, if I scattershot it across multiple people (as having whoever gets the weapons claim would negate the entire point of splitting things up). Would it be better for me to give all the stuff to one person, then have that person redistribute things as they see fit?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 14 guests