1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Latent22

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Latent22 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 am UTC

Has Cueball finally lost it? What the hell is he talking about?

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 6:02 am UTC

Copernicium112 wrote:AGAMEMNONGGGGG
Spoiler:

:shock: What is Cueball planning now??
P.S. I am Randall, but not that Randall.
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Well, BlitzGirl is experiencing a bit of a title wave.
Magdiragdag wrote:I wait for it, therefore I am.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 06, 2013 6:02 am UTC

Exodies wrote:I think the instruction 'wait for it' was just to set the ball rolling - to make sure someone stuck around to see the first transition. For the rest, we have no commandment. And like Outsider life there will be no point revealed in the final Frame. And we don't have free will.

*eyes the flowchart* So does that make you a Finitist, or a Chaotist?
All I know is that as long as the title text continues to read "Wait for it," I shall Wait for it.

Oh, and that brain-eating amoeba seems to finally have gotten to Cueball.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

KarMann
As far as the hats go, I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty well set. Unless my hat, pre-dating Time itself, needs a hat of its own??

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 am UTC

azule wrote:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:oh. The instrumental I have is longer than the original. Anyone wanna write a fourth verse? :D Or it could just keep going "boom de yada" for a slightly awkwardly long amount of time...

Quoteception, each quoting "Boom De Yada" until our heads explode. Very OTT.

Btw, I don't know the melody, so, I can't sing it. Plus, I'd be embarrassed. lol.

Here you go, the YouTube version.

Added: If needed, I could easily extract the audio into most any format. (Not that I'm the only one here who could, clearly.)
We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We can make it better than it was. Better … stronger … well, maybe not faster.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 am UTC

I think Cueball is going crazy. He thinks the sky is the floor. Must hold on to the ceiling. [insert xkcd reference comic]
KarMann wrote:
azule wrote:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:oh. The instrumental I have is longer than the original. Anyone wanna write a fourth verse? :D Or it could just keep going "boom de yada" for a slightly awkwardly long amount of time...

Quoteception, each quoting "Boom De Yada" until our heads explode. Very OTT.

Btw, I don't know the melody, so, I can't sing it. Plus, I'd be embarrassed. lol.

Here you go, the YouTube version.

Added: If needed, I could easily extract the audio into most any format. (Not that I'm the only one here who could, clearly.)

Yeah, you're not helping, KarMann. :P

I actually downloaded a version, just need to watch it.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 06, 2013 6:20 am UTC

Maybe they planned to make a flying-fox and then set it on fire.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Copernicium112

Postby Copernicium112 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:21 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and that brain-eating amoeba seems to finally have gotten to Cueball.

Brief consultation of the brain extension reveals that said amoeba takes on average 120 newpix to cause symptoms, although they may appear after only 24. Confusion and hallucinations must be setting in. Of course, who knows what strain lives in the River. Food for thought.

Also apologies if this has been discussed. I have some remaining cataracts from an unthorough ketchup.
Crescat tempus; vita excolatur

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon May 06, 2013 6:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Maybe they planned to make a flying-fox and then set it on fire.

What? Who? Why?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 am UTC

Copernicium112 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and that brain-eating amoeba seems to finally have gotten to Cueball.

Brief consultation of the brain extension reveals that said amoeba takes on average 120 newpix to cause symptoms, although they may appear after only 24. Confusion and hallucinations must be setting in. Of course, who knows what strain lives in the River. Food for thought.

Also apologies if this has been discussed. I have some remaining cataracts from an unthorough ketchup.

Nasty stuff. I'd heard about it before, but not read the more detailed stuff, like . . . (gross stuff warning)
Wikipedia wrote:
Spoiler:
From there, the amoeba climbs along nerve fibers through the floor of the cranium via the cribriform plate and into the brain. The organism begins to consume cells of the brain piecemeal by means of a unique sucking apparatus extended from its cell surface.

:shock:

Food for thought, indeed.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

swsail

Postby swsail » Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 am UTC

New poster here (although apparently I had already registered at some point and not posted, not sure why I did that).

Seems like Cueball is napping and sleep talking. Could be dreaming of a way to cross.

GerardE

Postby GerardE » Mon May 06, 2013 6:52 am UTC

KarMann wrote:<snip>

Food for thought, indeed.

Or thoughts for food?
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 am UTC

azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Maybe they planned to make a flying-fox and then set it on fire.

What? Who? Why?

I was just wondering about how they would use the rope to cross the river (which is bigger than the other river (which is small (unlike the sea (which is big))) and hey, we're still inside one set of parentheses!) and then it got turned into a fire-fox.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Swein

Postby Swein » Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 am UTC

"Hold this or you'll fall"
Hold on to the grass or you'll fall into the sky. Never to stop...
Hold on to my words, because they are filled with wisdom and Cueballness.
Hold on to my "rope" because it feels soo good...

Hmmm... I think I better stop now :shock:
Last edited by Swein on Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 am UTC

CRITERIONGGGG!!!
Added: I do like Copernicium112's "ONG!" better, though.
Last edited by KarMann on Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

Copernicium112

Postby Copernicium112 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 am UTC

NAEGLERIONGGGGG fowleri
Spoiler:

Edit: Ninja'd

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:...
Anyone know why he is talking about his rope?

Because we're talking about it. I think we are good at anticipating what Randall might do, but I also think it happens too often. I think he's messing with us.

(Latent22, I know I'm ignoring your pun.)

Edit: Time to coma. This may be my last full ketchup...just reverting to reading the last few pages when I return. :-(
Last edited by mathrec on Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Mon May 06, 2013 7:18 am UTC

Could it not be that Cueball is planning to stand on the bank, feeding out a rope to Megan as she attempts to cross? The rope would be a safety measure to stop her being swept away by any currents.
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

katakombe

Postby katakombe » Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 am UTC

done with post-coma ketchup.

just a thought about Randall (not) reading the fora.

i've been following xkcd and the fora since about half a year or a year (can't remember exactly, it's been a long time) after it's beginning. back then Randall did read the fora, and he did comment, discuss and answer questions about his comics. once the number of followers increased, this became a real chore for him and he stopped participating in the discussions. and to stop people from expecting demanding answers, he said so in the FAQ and on several occasions in the fora and so on. but he never actually said that he would never ever, ever read anything in the fora again.

so, i think it is very likely that either Randall Himself or some person close to him does read/skim this thread as it stands out for several reasons:

- the OTC is special, a lot of work, and i'm sure it does interest him how long we will WAIT FOR IT, what we do between Newpix, what we think about it, how many crazy theories we can come up with, what predictions and assumptions we make, etc.

- the OTT is incredibly long and still going strong (and i dare to bet that this is one of the longest forum threads on the whole internet that doesn't have a single flame war)

- the Waiting between Newpix sparks loads of creativity as evidenced by countless songs, poems, stories, spin-off comics, pictures, graphs, scripts, churches and the likes (and it seems we in turn have sparked Randalls creativity as quite some of the Other Comics since can be seen as a reference to the OTT, and even some of the events in the OTC are clearly referencing the OTT)

- the OTT has even created it's own language (or at least a whole set of specific vocabulary)

conclusion: i think we are nerd-sniping Randall about as much as he is nerd-sniping us.

tman2nd

Chapter 1 of the Gospel of tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 am UTC

I have decided that I am going to Blitzgirl the 1931 pages I haven't read in the beginning. See you all in the future!
*Suddenly a portal from page 194 appears!*2 3

1 Not that far from when Blitzgirl herself started
2 To be used when I Ketchup with my first post.
EDIT:
3Out of order.4
4If you have any questions please contact tman2nd.5
5Oh, wait6, that's me!
6for it...
Last edited by tman2nd on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Copernicium112

Postby Copernicium112 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 am UTC

katakombe wrote:conclusion: i think we are nerd-sniping Randall about as much as he is nerd-sniping us.

That is a beautiful conclusion.

And you bring up many valid points. It does make sense that Randall (despite his omnipotence) would not have the capacity to keep up with the forum in his original capacity. But for this comic in particular, knowing what is going on here on the OTT is very valuable information, as it validates and very possibly motivates future work and progress. If I were to put in the work to create 1132 frames and counting for an ongoing project, I would be motivated and inspired to continue if I knew that an entire community had formed, genuinely interested in following my work.

It all really is quite unprecedented...

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 am UTC

Could this be the beginning of a Loop? 'Loopiest' in the diagram below, with a slight change in each iteration.
descor wrote:With thanks to MostCynical: here is an updated flowchart which may be slightly less heretical! (Also it has a 'Start' now, which was bugging me!)
End of the OTC3.png

Apologies if this has already been suggested, I only performed an Untrue Blitz after the weekend, just checking out images and skipping most texts

tman2nd

Chapter 2 of the Gospel of tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Mon May 06, 2013 8:00 am UTC

GOODBYEONG
Last edited by tman2nd on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 am UTC

ucim wrote:There are the sounds of trumpets. The lights come on to reveal the courtyard of a mighty castle. Banners are hung, torches are lit, and final preparations are hurriedly being made for the arrival of One who is Most Esteemed. The trumpets sound again in fanfare as the carpet, of deepest red, is rolled out from the grand stage, and a procession of Knights, Courtiers, Cardinals, and all manner of Royalty and Clergy begin their procession from the back of the hall. And is it? Could it be BlitzGirl the First has graced us in the procession? It's hard to tell at this distance, it being such a huge courtyard and a surprisingly enormous crowd. One by one they take their places on the stage, each sitting on an elaborately carved perch that befits the grandeur of the occasion, and as the last dignitary sits, the music comes to a glorious close.
Spoiler:
And then, nothing happens. The elaborately carved podium, center stage, remains empty. There is great anticipation, and the assembled crowd begins to murmur, but the stage remains completely still. A moment passes, then another and yet there is no movement. But the crowd does not disperse; it instead becomes more intense in its anticipation.

From stage right appears the Pope of the Holy Contradiction, dressed in richly embroidered vestments of glorious golden hue, which flow around him2 as he1 strides to the podium and implores the crowd:
What is the greatest commandment ever written, uttered, spake, or encoded with electrons and sent at the speed of light and darkness throughout all the land? What is it to which we all must aspire, though our bodies be weak, and our will faltering? What is it that is the ultimate purpose of our assembly here, and indeed, of our entire lives? That commandment, handed to us from On High, is both simple, and challenging. It is, if I may utter the words myself without feeling inadequate:
Wait For It.
In this is written all of life. You have just done this here, this moment, but you must do this everywhere. And you must especially do this in the One True Comic, as it only exists in its own Time. For those who have arrived after the Beginning of Time, properly following this commandment involves a Holy Quest, pioneered by the Holy Apostle BlitzGirl The First, who in making her pilgrimage, has left us a Sacred Book, the Book of BlitzGirl.
The trumpets sound again in glorious fanfare.
We are gathered here to commemorate two others, who in completing this pilgrimage, have elevated themselves from ordinary Timewaiters, to the Most Exalted Status of BlitzGirl the Next. So, let it be known here and forevermore, that Selcouth and PhoenixRising have, by virtue of their heroic deeds, are consecrated each as BlitzGirl The Next, a title among the highest honors that can be conveyed in the One True Thread. Selcouth, I bid the rise, and kneel.
There is a disturbance among the crowd of Timewaiters as somebody makes his2 way up to the stage. It is Selcouth himself. Having no avatar at this time, he1 is hard to see, but you can make him2 out if you look carefully. He1 rises up onto the stage, and kneels before the Pope. The Pope raises his2 hand above Selcouth's head, and in a voice that carries far past the castle walls, heralds:
Selcouth, in honor of your having properly Waited For It even after the Beginning of Time, forsaking the distractions and temptations of the present time and the present Time, but seeking only to have the truth revealed to you at Its Proper Pace, and furthermore, in recognition of your doing this in anonymity, even before creating an account with which to receive the Sacrament of Sigcouragement, I, as the Pope of the Holy Contradiction, do consecrate you and bestow upon thee the title BlitzGirl The Next, that for all time, and all of Time, it be known that you have truly and properly Waited For It.
Selcouth rises, the trumpets sound, the crowd cheers, and the flags are waved up and down and left and right in curvy fashions, so as not to open the rift whence velociraptors might emerge should one make the Wrong Assumption about the shape of Space in Time. The Pope raises his hands to quiet the crowd, and speaks again to the assembly.
PhoenixRising, I bid thee rise and kneel.
Out of the crowd of humble Timewaiters, PhoenixRising, easily recognized by his flaming avatar he1 has on today, makes his2 way to the stage and kneels before the Pope, who again raises his2 hand above the head poking out of this flaming vestment, and proclaims
PhoenixRising, in honor of the completion of your Sacred Pligrimmage, that you have truly Waited For It as it was meant to be, forsaking the sight of the future as you pursued your Holy Quest, by the power vested in me as the Pope of the Holy Contradiction, do I consecrate you and bestow upon thee the title of BlitzGirl the Next. And furthermore do I consecrate the Gospel of PhoenixRising, a True and Holy Record of your Quest, to be counted among the Holy Books, alongside the Gospel of BlitzGirl, that it provide inspiration to all who follow, and indeed, to all Timewaiters, for all time and all of Time.
The trumpets sound again as the crowd roars and waves banners in curvy ways to avoid Velociraptorlypse (and Velociraptor lips). PhonenixRising rises and joins Selcouth center stage as the Pope takes holds his hands high to still the crowd. He1 speaks:
And now I would like to invite our Most Esteemed BlitzGirl The First to take the stage and say a few words of inspiration.
The crowd goes wild! But at just that moment part of the castle collapses and water starts seeping into the courtyard. It seems the sea is still rising.

1 or perhaps she, it's hard to tell
2 or maybe her... it's hard to tell

Jose

Cool, I'm - er - consecrated. Or baptized. Or something.

I will have an avatar soon! Buffygirl has offered to help me out in that regard. I have no idea what it's going to be. I'm envisioning a stick figure playing squash with a flaming racquet. In space. With a hat. Because that clearly embodies me.

Yes, I'm a dude, so your pronouns are fine for me. Though if you want a safe gender-neutral one for everyone, may I suggest Elverson or Spivak pronouns? (Ey/em/eir and e/em/eir respectively.)

Oh, and I forgot to say this when I first posted, but "Knights Temporal" is the most awesome name ever. I literally went "Yes!" when it was first proposed.
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 am UTC

Not the gender-neutral pronouns again! Look, I shall distract you with this comment concerning the OTC:
I don't know if you should be kicking Cueball in the head, Megan: that might just make the brain-eating amoeba angrier. :shock:

tman2nd wrote:I have decided that I am going to Blitzgirl the 1931 pages I haven't read in the beginning. See you all in the future!
*Suddenly a portal from page 194 appears!*2

1 Not that far from when Blitzgirl herself started
2 To be used when I Ketchup with my first post.

Hope to see you again some Time, good luck, brave adventurer! :)

It should be noted1 that I started posting2 in the OTT when my first signpost appeared on newpage 223, chronicling3 my Quest and my then-location in the past, which was newpage 77.4

1. Maybe it shouldn't.8
2. As to when I started as in "joined the fora" - that happened in 2010.7
3. That word looks wrong for some reason but perhaps I just need to coma?6
4. I have read the newpages 1-76, but did not start signposting until 77.
5. What?10
6. Yes.9
7. No.5
8. Have I started talking to myself in the footnotes?6
9. Just go coma. For everyone's sake.
10. That's Outsider reckoning. Just say Pre-Time, and everyone should understand.8
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 am UTC

Aw, come on, I was kind of disappointed at how it all resolved into "let's call everyone y'all." :P

Anyway, this pix. Is a landslide in the works? Is the rope attached to the top of Cueball's head? It looks that way.
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am UTC

Selcouth wrote:Anyway, this pix. Is a landslide in the works? Is the rope attached to the top of Cueball's head? It looks that way.

It's clearly a pool stick, not a rope after all. Rack 'em, Chalkie!
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

KarMann

Postby KarMann » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am UTC

BIG BADA-BONG!!!
Illud expecto, ergo sum.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 am UTC

AUGGGHHH! (Doing my best Charlie Brown impression) Had a crazy weekend (pardon heretical term), and now I'm almost 20 pages behind! Don't think I've ever been this far behind. *sigh* But I must ketchup, thought it probably won't happen right now since it's almost 2 AM. YWhat were you people doing, being so prolific?

And I have so many questions. Are they going to try to fill the sea somehow? The rope isn't strong enough for what? How many rivers are there? How is this river related to the other river? What is she going to fall off of? Should I not have ended that sentence with a preposition? Would it be better if I ended it with a proposition? ("Hey sailor, looking for a good time?") How many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man? Wait, no, that doesn't belong there.

OK, I've clearly lost it. think I'll blitz till coma overtakes me, and perhaps i will find some understanding in this pages. Or not.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 am UTC

KarMann wrote:
Selcouth wrote:Anyway, this pix. Is a landslide in the works? Is the rope attached to the top of Cueball's head? It looks that way.

Poking someone with a stick is of course the One True Method to check if that person is still alive. I just don't see why Megan would want to check that, they haven't been lying there for very long.

PacMan

Postby PacMan » Mon May 06, 2013 9:07 am UTC

I just listened to the new Deep Purple album. First words of the first song ("A Simple Song"):
Time, it does not matter
But time is all we have
To think about, think about

Also, there's a song called "All The Time In The World":
There's still a long way to go
And the nights are closing in
But if I travelled any faster babe
Lord knows where I might have been

[...]

Don't worry
There's no hurry
Here we are
With all the time in the world

Maybe anybody can use these for some new OTT songs?

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 am UTC

Today's blitzing went out... in a blitz. There's a true slowdown. Is it because of the weekend, or nothing is happening in the OTC again?

Page 407/456 - 139 pages behind. Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm - 10 days, 11 hours, 37 minutes of catch up content.

descor makes it so that papacy is no longer gained when page bottoming, becoming our Eternal Pope! Oh, I had a glance yesterday, I think I was the page bottomer when I stopped questing. Though it means nothing now :wink:

A new title for page toppers is instated, maybe I'm Vatican Milliner's Perfect Customer of page 500? Who knows.

Landmark: BlitzGirl passes the first signpost in where she passed the first signpost in where she reported passing more than 2 signposts in the same message: Quest progress: 372 out of 401 pages. 320 out of 372 pages (247 out of 315 pages & 254 out of 320 pages.).

On the One True Comic, it's revealed that it's not semenatedcoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice, it's just water. But wait, CueBall and Megan have no idea of how the sea works, they probably don't know it's not made of water!

Also, we've been waiting for a full month!
Spoiler:

Megan goes for bags and leaves the frame.

buffygirl seems to notice she's been trapped in the past in page 361??

And, then, the most amazing frame in the entire story of Time, happens!

Ah!! So THIS is what starts it all, the whole destruction of the castles, the disarray in the future of April 26! The moment people have been warning about. Where the first PostPlosion starts.

I had expecting it, but not this fast! This is the beginning of the last era of the sand castles, I've seen the future and I see they don't survive this! I...

Oh wait, it's just a fake frame by Latent22.

Oh well, good job! I totally fell for it!

Alas, it was a lot more exciting than reality, where people have to bring up their microscope to hunt for pixel differences.

Then, Davidy snaps...

Spoiler:
Davidy wrote:This whole scenario, including all the inane comments and suppositions, has become so painfully boring that I can't take any more. I no longer care (not that I really ever did) what happens to the two main characters or their creations. They should build a raft, put out to sea, fall off the raft and be eaten by giant sea turtles. If this was all on a DVD that I had paid for, I'd be begging to trade it for the much more exciting Ishtar or Waterworld. I realize that most of you feel this is all a lot of fun but if your lives are such that this is fun, then maybe you should reevaluate your lives. Over 16,000 posts in over 400 pages? Real problems could have been solved w\ith that much time and effort.

Nooo Davidy! Don't leave us...

I actually sort of agree with him, the comic has been mostly bland, but the important moments have been worth it, but only because of the One True Thread that gives them significance! :)

Wait, did he include One True Thread in his rant?!

Outsiders! :x

mscha's newpixbot saves me from being spoiled by the present, several times!

Then, I reach a SignPost from neither Blitzgirl or myself. It's VoronX! Xey's at 393/406, about to catch up!

Finally StratPlayer comes back and notices he's 20 pages behind. I'd wish xem best, but chances are xey has already caught up. If not, I wish you best!

On my quest to the Big Bang: 92,000 years ago: 10,000 years of progress.

And I start treking.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Your ad here. No, seriously! It's free! PM me if interested.
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 am UTC

KarMann wrote:

It's obviously an auger. She'll have the worm out in no time.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

PacMan

Postby PacMan » Mon May 06, 2013 10:02 am UTC

Wormong!

Is he drunk?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon May 06, 2013 10:12 am UTC

Exodies wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:<snip>
Edit: oh. The instrumental I have is longer than the original. Anyone wanna write a fourth verse? :D Or it could just keep going "boom de yada" for a slightly awkwardly long amount of time...

I could do you a custom instrumental track if you want :) (I'm a musician/composer/producer type dude, not that anyone would know that yet as I haven't really properly introduced myself on these fora... but hey, you know now!)

Sure, whip it out as Frank would say. I think everyone would be delighted to hear it.

Alrighty then! Here's what I've cooked up... Instrumental version, and a version with my not-so-great singing for demonstrative purposes. I whapped out my ukulele for this one! Fun.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

DavidRa

Postby DavidRa » Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 am UTC

PacMan wrote:Wormong!

Is he drunk?

I do believe he has awoken (suddenly) from coma. A coma of length we cannot say, although since Megan does not appear to have slept, it may have been very short. Perhaps this signifies someone awakening within a relationship, or merely that the caffeinecancersemenbabyoilavocadodip is not strong enough to keep one awake. We shall have to Do what we must Do.

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon May 06, 2013 10:32 am UTC

Back with the present, and am likely to go adventurning in the Past again some point today. And Time will end some point, once we've got all the answers and at least 1000 pages on the OTT. I think. I may be wrong.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 am UTC

Yes I think that was the coma talking. Which Megan realised and applied the stick/rope/auger to wake him up.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 am UTC

Post-coma mayo...

Kieryn wrote:New data available.
Also 2 new features in early1 development...
Ad hoc charts:
http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/Customchart
User stat pages (links from the credits page)
http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/Credits
1very

Cool!
Yikes, I rose to the third place. Oh well, if you add Helper and cmyk, I drop to fourth, which is slightly less insane.
I note that on my stat page, “newpixbot” isn't in the noun list. Surely that is one of my most popular nouns? (Every time newpixbot gets a chance to post, it states “posted by newpixbot”, after all.)

ggh wrote:Just to be heretical: Van Gogh Time mashup

Nice!
So we're doing a new OTM¹? Okay, here's Mondriaan:
Spoiler:

Latent22 wrote:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:TAGALONGGGGGGGG...

-- posted by newpixbot
Anyone know why he is talking about his rope?

swsail wrote:New poster here (although apparently I had already registered at some point and not posted, not sure why I did that).
Seems like Cueball is napping and sleep talking. Could be dreaming of a way to cross.

A newbie, and (s)he called it! Congrats and welcome to the OTT!
I was mighty confused when I saw frames 1129 and 1130, but 1133 to 1135 make this the obvious explanation.
BlitzGirl's theory is more fun, though:

Finally, a comment about the Lord Randall reading the OTT or not (or omnisciently knowing):
It seems unlikely to me that he does read this thread, but even more importantly (and noted by others before): it would be really bad for his sanity. The things we wrote about Cueball and Megan (and by proxy about him and his wife), especially in the first part of the OTT, would not be fun for him to read, especially considering their background with cancer.
Much more likely, IMO, is that Randall just thinks the same way that many of us in the OTT do. (GOOMHR!)

¹: One True Meme
Last edited by mscha on Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 am UTC, edited 6 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am UTC

i+waited+for+you.jpg
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

descor

Postby descor » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Exodies wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:<snip>
Edit: oh. The instrumental I have is longer than the original. Anyone wanna write a fourth verse? :D Or it could just keep going "boom de yada" for a slightly awkwardly long amount of time...

I could do you a custom instrumental track if you want :) (I'm a musician/composer/producer type dude, not that anyone would know that yet as I haven't really properly introduced myself on these fora... but hey, you know now!)

Sure, whip it out as Frank would say. I think everyone would be delighted to hear it.

Alrighty then! Here's what I've cooked up... Instrumental version, and a version with my not-so-great singing for demonstrative purposes. I whapped out my ukulele for this one! Fun.

Woah, dude! Awesome. You get a gold star!
Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.

Keep on treking Vytron

The future of infinite possibilities, of moments unlived, and of stories untold.
Wait for it.

StratPlayer wrote:In order for this game to cut the mustard, you'll need to cut the mustard.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”