1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
jovialbard
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jovialbard » Thu May 02, 2013 1:42 pm UTC

I have edited my previous post to add a spoiler of the morse13. And as penance I offer this:

Bagageddon:

Spoiler:
I could stay awake just to read your postings
watch the lurkers make themselves known
and the inside jokes as they grow
I could spend my life just waiting for it
I could stay lost in this thread here forever
where every moment spent with ya'll is a moment I treasure

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

Reading here with you decrypting your rot13
And I'm wondering what your thinking
Is the madness back and kicking
Then I realize
That the madness never left us
I just want to read this thread and it's madness forever
Forever and ever

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

I don't want to miss one hat
I don't want to miss one graph
I just want to be with ya'll
Right here with ya'll, till Time ends
I just want write a post
Make you smile or think with it
And stay reading this thread here
For all the rest of Time, yeah yeah yeah

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

etc.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

User avatar
mlong
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 1:30 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mlong » Thu May 02, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

Hello all! I've gone into delurkification mode since we hit page 500. Seemed like a good enough time to do so! (Though I did consider waiting 'til 2^9.)

User avatar
Bytes
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Bytes » Thu May 02, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

Ardaglash wrote:Has anyone thought about what will happen when the OTC has more frames than XKCD has comics? (I've been skimming this needle-pulled-thing, but in no way have I read the whole shebang...)

XKCD has 1206 comics as of yesterday; Aubronwood puts the OTC at 1041 pix. If that count is correct, and the current pace of newpix remains steady, then the OTC will surpass XKCD in 173 newpix...


Ah, but remember some of those are also multiple comics, such as Umwelt.

I'm still not convinced they drank from the river, there is no evidence!!!
People like to sit by rivers for drinks, do you think he would stop some way from the river for a drink if he could sit down more comfortably on the river bank first?
Sir Bytes, Waître d' of the Grains and Guardian of the Second Flag from the Right
Kethryes wrote:The Time when the future meets the past in the present is aproaching! Repent!

User avatar
VoronX
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby VoronX » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:
KarMann wrote:
xpatiate wrote:OK. The river is too dangerous to wade into, but it is slow-moving and safe to drink from (if Cueball was just drinking from his own bag, why wait till he got to the river's edge to do so?). Given that our intrepid travellers didn't know it was there until they happened across it, you'd think it unlikely that they have reliable knowledge of any biological hazards that may reside therein. Plus they don't seem too concerned about sitting right at the edge of it. And they swam in the sea. So what's the danger?

River ninjas.

Pirañinjas.


That and Raptorfish.

Spoiler:
Image



Great, now I'm going to have Parañinjaraptorfish nightmares. Can someone lend me a boomerangundildo for protection?
*shudders*
A humble Pilgrim0 awash in the Sea1 of TimeS, unstuck, observing the wonderful Stars therin . . . waiting for IT.
0 - Billy
1 - BIG
S - Like a River2?

2 - small, and a host of other adjectives

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm UTC

Happy NewCentury all
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
jjjdavidson
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 pm UTC

patzer wrote:And we're at page 500. Just 12 to go until we get to a round number :D
Spoiler:
Image

Yay Adblock Plus!
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

User avatar
Swein
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Swein » Thu May 02, 2013 1:49 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Swein wrote:BOOMERANGDILDOGONG...
Spoiler:
bottle.png


You need to post using the hash, like this:

Image
I do that by, Open image in new Tab, and then, from that tab, copy image URL. That helps prevent posting just the time.png that will change and confuse those who come after me.1

1That would violate rule one2 of my rules for life.3
2 Out of two.4
3 Full text of rule one: Be considerate to those around you, and those who will come after you.
4 Full text of rule two: Don't be stupid.


I understand your concern for those who are travelling through Time, but my images should not change with time. I download the image to my disk and then upload it to the forum. A cumbersome process, but I prefer to not have any URLs involved. I don't trust them! Ok, some of my best friends are URLs, but in general I find them flimsy and unreliable!
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:I have edited my previous post to add a spoiler of the morse13. And as penance I offer this:

Bagageddon:

Spoiler:
I could stay awake just to read your postings
watch the lurkers make themselves known
and the inside jokes as they grow
I could spend my life just waiting for it
I could stay lost in this thread here forever
where every moment spent with ya'll is a moment I treasure

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

Reading here with you decrypting your rot13
And I'm wondering what your thinking
Is the madness back and kicking
Then I realize
That the madness never left us
I just want to read this thread and it's madness forever
Forever and ever

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

I don't want to miss one hat
I don't want to miss one graph
I just want to be with ya'll
Right here with ya'll, till Time ends
I just want write a post
Make you smile or think with it
And stay reading this thread here
For all the rest of Time, yeah yeah yeah

Don't want to coma now
Don't want to loose consciousness
Cause I'd miss a page
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of Cue(ball)
The weirdest dream will never do
I'd still miss Megan
And I don't want to miss a pix

etc.


That's awesome! Great work!

I'm really glad I wasn't coma-ing and missing it!!! :D
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2193
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

Swein wrote:
SBN wrote:
Swein wrote:BOOMERANGDILDOGONG...

I understand your concern for those who are travelling through Time, but my images should not change with time. I download the image to my disk and then upload it to the forum. A cumbersome process, but I prefer to not have any URLs involved. I don't trust them! Ok, some of my best friends are URLs, but in general I find them flimsy and unreliable!

No, we need the hash. It's part of the record. And if no one posts it, then the bot does anyway, so you're still making it harder for the Blitzers than it needs to be.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm UTC

Swein wrote:I understand your concern for those who are travelling through Time, but my images should not change with time. I download the image to my disk and then upload it to the forum. A cumbersome process, but I prefer to not have any URLs involved. I don't trust them! Ok, some of my best friends are URLs, but in general I find them flimsy and unreliable!


How can you say that? Images shouldn't change with time? Do you insinuate the One True Comic is wrong? Heresy! I call for the Chocolate and Liquorice!
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Febrion
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm UTC
Location: anchored

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Febrion » Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm UTC

Well, after another long mini-blitz, I had quite a few replies ready to write up, but have been ninja'd on every one of them ...
Also, why at we celebrating page 111110100? Seems an odd number to be excited for, I'd rather wait for 1000000000...

p.s. Beware the sea-raptors!!!
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm UTC

dreiarmumig wrote:<snip>

- sigged.


Aaauuuurrrrgghhhhh!!!!! Oh God My Eeeyyyyzzzzeeeeee....!!

I pray to Lord Randall that there's a special place in Hell for poster like you...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Red Hal » Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm UTC

[url=http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?p=3345231#p3345231]jjjdavidson[/url] wrote:
I've been wondering: Would it be appropriate, or would it be too cruel, to disallow a new posters after we reach a total of 1190 current posters?
It would be inappropriate but not cruel. However such discussions are almost purely hypothetical. The only way I could see this happening would be if one of the mod team convinced either davean or Belial to invoke the rule of funny.

Edit. Of course, the RoF could also be petitioned to replace this entire thread with a locked post saying "Surprise! Was that worth waiting for?"
Last edited by Red Hal on Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
Swein
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Swein » Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Swein wrote:
SBN wrote:
Swein wrote:BOOMERANGDILDOGONG...

I understand your concern for those who are travelling through Time, but my images should not change with time. I download the image to my disk and then upload it to the forum. A cumbersome process, but I prefer to not have any URLs involved. I don't trust them! Ok, some of my best friends are URLs, but in general I find them flimsy and unreliable!

No, we need the hash. It's part of the record. And if no one posts it, then the bot does anyway, so you're still making it harder for the Blitzers than it needs to be.


Oh shit! I forgot that part of it! :oops:
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

User avatar
edo
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:05 pm UTC
Location: ~TrApPeD iN mY PhOnE~

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby edo » Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm UTC

~*~MY RANDALL, IT'S FULL OF PIXELS~*~
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

Just de-coma'd. Did mini-Blitz from pg 49 to pg 500 (yippee {and} you guys are awesome)

BlitzGirl my bad for mutilating your name

{I wonder what other nastybads I've done?}

Swein wrote:
(EDIT) Ninjas are everywhere


I read that and this popped in my head

Spoiler:
Ninjas are everywhere, man
In the mountain air, man
Ninja's are everywhere
Shreveport,...mumbleport,....more mumble..

I get lost when Johnny starts rattling off all those names
Hopefully you get the idea >*sigh*<
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:<snip>

- sigged.


Aaauuuurrrrgghhhhh!!!!! Oh God My Eeeyyyyzzzzeeeeee....!!

I pray to Lord Randall that there's a special place in Hell for poster like you...


Only replying so that it'll come up again.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Red Hal » Thu May 02, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

Far too looong
Image
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
Flotter
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am UTC
Location: Heerenveen, NL

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flotter » Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

What happened to "y'all" btw? Did y'all just forget about it?

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:05 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote:Far too looong
Image


Huh? Wait. What??

Oh yeah -- I think someone was saying something about some sort of webcomic, right??? I kind of lost the thread of that discussion...
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Vytron
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am UTC
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Vytron » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm UTC

Alright, made it to 301. 199 pages behind. I AM MAKING PROGRESS!

Also, congrats PhoenixRising for catching up! (whenever you did, I just noticed the change.)

I must be more careful, when trying to post, I saw several posts with images that ninja'd me, glances into the future. Was that... the Statue of Liberty? And... strawberries? Luckily, it was so quick I couldn't really tell.

Anyway, must go comatose, hopefully it includes vivid hallucinations I can remember (instead of forgetting them when I wake up recover from coma.)

May you live in interesting times.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Image
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

User avatar
VoronX
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby VoronX » Thu May 02, 2013 2:09 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Ready to see what I spent my morning doing? Here you go! It's a Present Present from me to you!
Spoiler:
Image

Click Here for Larger Version

Disclaimer: I really, really wanted to fit as many posters as possible in here but my wrist is already limp as a noodle! I tried to mostly stay with still-active people since they're the ones most likely to see it. But there were still way, way too many for even a dozen of these! I still love you all equally, I promise!!
List of those I included:
LaPetite
Angelastic
Latent22
Kieryn
(manip by cmyk)
KarMann
StratPlayer
azule
tman2nd
(whoever started the footnote thing)
mscha
patzer
Eternal Density
Helper (missing)
ChronosDragon
macraw83
cmyk
RobIrr
buffygirl
Dracomax
manvandmaan
Me (yeah, yeah, I know)
The Faded Sandcastle
Cuegan

Hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun to make. :D One of the reasons I'm happy to be in the Now is that I can do things like this, where in the Past I was too busy Questing, reading pastposts, and writing signposts!

Edit: Oh yeah, the original: http://xkcd.com/442/


Holy CoffeeCancerSemenBabyBacon1 Batman, this is Epic Awesomeness of Sea2-tastic proportions!!!

BlitzGirlrandir, you rock!!! Thank You!!!

1 - may contain water
2 - Is Big3.

3 - unlike River4
4 - small
A humble Pilgrim0 awash in the Sea1 of TimeS, unstuck, observing the wonderful Stars therin . . . waiting for IT.
0 - Billy
1 - BIG
S - Like a River2?

2 - small, and a host of other adjectives

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm UTC

uh, dreiarmumig I don't want to come like a know-it-all or nothing, but AluisioASG tried using that same image in his sig starting on page 495.
page 496 had this:

pelrigg wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
pelrigg wrote:AluisioASG :
re: new sig
all those folks what complained way back when Helper first posted that are just gonna love you.....


I join you in evil grinning though.


EDIT

wait a minute; You removed it.

Someone PM'd me to remove, so I did it.

Wait… I am the SAEWITRBASA! Gotta find a link to it again.



Well you did say you were going to "Spoil" it....someday....

Shuck-e-darn
At least I saw it too.


For whatever that's worth....
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
pdg
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:51 pm UTC
Location: Salem, Virginia
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pdg » Thu May 02, 2013 2:13 pm UTC

Urp. 493/500 (perilously close to NP501, too). That's what I get for hitting the coma-couch. :|
We can't go back.
We don't understand everything yet.

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

lassehp wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:
<pause mid-miniBlitz>

That and Raptorfish.

</resume miniBlitz>

EDITED to add image...


Sorry, but you just triggered the default error handler in my brains SGML-processing.
DOES NOT PARSE: Unterminated element "open". Unmatched element "resume".

/Lasse


<apology>

Whoops! I'm very sorry. Purely accidental, I assure you!

</make-mea-culpa-ness>
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
dreiarmumig
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:uh, dreiarmumig I don't want to come like a know-it-all or nothing, but AluisioASG tried using that same image in his sig starting on page 495.
<snip>


Ah, must've missed that. Ok then :|

Edited for brevity

User avatar
jjjdavidson
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 pm UTC
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Thu May 02, 2013 2:22 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:Just de-coma'd. Did mini-Blitz from pg 49 to pg 500...

451 newpages is a mini-Blitz? Dude, you either need to decrease your dosage or increase it. ;-)

User avatar
StormAngel
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 am UTC
Location: Verified
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StormAngel » Thu May 02, 2013 2:24 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
Tom17 wrote:I'm just curious, is the HalfThousandthPage (HTP?) going to be a recognised event in here?

If it is, we shouldn't celebrate until it's finished - the first post on page 501. I'm still waiting for post 24,576: three-quarters of the way to integer overflow on a sixteen-bit system.

And we're pretty close to the 20,000th post too.

The OTR*
Spoiler:
Image


* One True RiverNinja**
** Is Small
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Image

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

Bytes wrote:
Ardaglash wrote:Has anyone thought about what will happen when the OTC has more frames than XKCD has comics? (I've been skimming this needle-pulled-thing, but in no way have I read the whole shebang...)

XKCD has 1206 comics as of yesterday; Aubronwood puts the OTC at 1041 pix. If that count is correct, and the current pace of newpix remains steady, then the OTC will surpass XKCD in 173 newpix...


Ah, but remember some of those are also multiple comics, such as Umwelt.

oh you're clever.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Flado
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:38 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Flado » Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

Blindposting from Page 465/500 (W00t, we made it to 500)

BlitzGirl wrote:Never fear - your current Present is not so far from mine!

That may be so, but you have more experience :?
Anyway, thanks!
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

Spoiler:
PhoenixRising wrote:
Flotter wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:<massive snip>

Congratulations, BlitzGirl the Next :D


Thank you! :mrgreen: Feels good to be home. Also feels kinda surreal to be sharing the same Now as BlitzGirl. Or maybe that's the coma deprivation.


Swein wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:<massive snip>


Hooray for PhoenixRising! Your Epic quest is done! Cake for you!

hatcake.jpg


Yay cake! Everyone gets some!


StratPlayer wrote:
foilman wrote:I wonder what is "dangerous" about going into the river..? We know they can swim... is it piranha infested water or something? Puzzling.


Raptorfish, likely...

Ok -- now to miniBlitz to ketchup froma da' coma...


Quicksand.



Selcouth wrote:
ucim wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:More like third or fourth BlitzGirl. Don't forget about Vytron! And all the other intrepid souls embarking on their pilgrimage through the OTT!
I wasn't sure who was all still trekking, since I passed various signposts on my way here. (Kryton, Vytron, and one or two others.) But I stand corrected.
...which is why subsequent successful Blitzers will acquire the title "BlitzGirl the Next", rather than specific numbers.

A successful Blitz is awesome, and One True Path gets longer as Time goes on, so unlike most sequels, the title "BlitzGirl the Next" increases in awesomeness as (the undeclared) n increases.

Jose


Well, I kind of did a Blitz, except without a forum account. (The account was the prize to myself for finishing.)

Besides, I'm a dude, so I can't be a BlitzGirl.... Maybe just BlitzSel?


I'm a dude too. Just roll with it, it's a title of great honor. :mrgreen: (Think of it almost as being the descendant of a great warrior. Wouldn't matter if the warrior is a guy or a girl, I would think you would receive their title when you did some awesomeamazing deed worthy of it.)


jjjdavidson wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:No! No Morse Code, the blitzers won't like that.
And DEFINITELY no Morse Code/rot13 mashups! Bad! Bad!

Where in Time is Dracomax? We seem to have lost our Inquisitor around Newpage 408... :(

I didn't see Dracomax back there. :/ He must be way back...

And five posts later, he shows up! Did you or BlitzGirl put him on a milk carton, or something?


Either he sensed me clumsily doing his Inquisition work and came to do it properly, or BlitzGirl summoned him. I tend to favor the latter.

The need for the hand of the inquisition has drawn me forward through time, summoned by the word She Who Comes With The Lightening Pixel and PhoenixRising to accomplish my work. let the merangue factories Return to Full Production, and the comfortable chairs be made ready!

I just got really far behind, and workload picked up, so I Kept falling farther and farther behind... Then said screw it.
Last edited by Dracomax on Thu May 02, 2013 3:05 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
StratPlayer
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby StratPlayer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:
The OTR*
Spoiler:
Image


* One True RiverNinja**
** Is Small


Absolutely. And she's got her Reaver-cleaver!!!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!


(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

User avatar
Valarya
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Nashville

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

That was the biggest mini-Blitz I've had to do since the Singularity!

I noticed no one pointed out anything about the internal time of Time, so I wanted to say a few words. I find it interesting that, say, between newpix #807 & #808 Megan was able to move from the top of the scaffolding all the way to the shore... yet in between our most recent newpix #1035 & #1036 , the rope had just hit the water. At least it looks like the rope had just hit the water, unless he was just standing there depressed for a few "minutes" that the rope missed? *discuss*

KarMann wrote:On another (older) subject: Does anyone else find themselves trying to pronounce "bboz dr yndn" as it's spelled (without semi-rot13-decryption) when looking at BlitzGirl's glorious comic? Not only do I, but to make matters worse, sometimes I think of the middle word as "doctor". :?


Every fucking time. And now I won't be able to look at it without thinking "doctor." Thanks. :?

Dracomax wrote:Okay, forget it. After the "weeee kend" that kept me away from the OTF, I have been in a mad scramble to catch up--and keep falling further behind.
<snip>


From the One True Font? :mrgreen:

StratPlayer wrote:<snip>

And yet... I sometimes wonder if there aren't some ex-TimeWaiters who think like this:

Spoiler:
Just a Forum Where I Used to Post
(based on "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye)


Now and then I think of when Time was forever
Back when I said the Wait for It would never die
Told myself that I would always be
There in the forum with my company
But that was then; now It's a thing I just remember

You can get addicted to a certain kind of madness
Like dedication to a trend -- but then it ends
So I have found something different since,
and forgotten all those forum friends
But I'll admit I sometimes wonder why it's over

But I decided I had to cut it off
Make out like it never happened and that it was nothing
Now I don't even need it much
Yes, I've become a stranger -- never try to keep in touch
No real reason why I had to go
leave my friends to Wait For It without me and change my number
I guess that's just the way it goes...
Now it's just a forum where I used to post.

Now it's just a forum where I used to post,
Now it's just a forum where I used to post.

A forum
(I used to post)
A forum
(Now it's just a forum where I used to post)


Happy 500th, all!!!


StratPlayer, yet again. Bravo! I love your songtributions. *hugs*
Last edited by Valarya on Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Image

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:28 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
PhoenixRising wrote:
Flotter wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:<massive snip>

Congratulations, BlitzGirl the Next :D


Thank you! :mrgreen: Feels good to be home. Also feels kinda surreal to be sharing the same Now as BlitzGirl. Or maybe that's the coma deprivation.


Swein wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:<massive snip>


Hooray for PhoenixRising! Your Epic quest is done! Cake for you!

hatcake.jpg


Yay cake! Everyone gets some!


StratPlayer wrote:
foilman wrote:I wonder what is "dangerous" about going into the river..? We know they can swim... is it piranha infested water or something? Puzzling.


Raptorfish, likely...

Ok -- now to miniBlitz to ketchup froma da' coma...


Quicksand.



Selcouth wrote:
ucim wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:More like third or fourth BlitzGirl. Don't forget about Vytron! And all the other intrepid souls embarking on their pilgrimage through the OTT!
I wasn't sure who was all still trekking, since I passed various signposts on my way here. (Kryton, Vytron, and one or two others.) But I stand corrected.
...which is why subsequent successful Blitzers will acquire the title "BlitzGirl the Next", rather than specific numbers.

A successful Blitz is awesome, and One True Path gets longer as Time goes on, so unlike most sequels, the title "BlitzGirl the Next" increases in awesomeness as (the undeclared) n increases.

Jose


Well, I kind of did a Blitz, except without a forum account. (The account was the prize to myself for finishing.)

Besides, I'm a dude, so I can't be a BlitzGirl.... Maybe just BlitzSel?


I'm a dude too. Just roll with it, it's a title of great honor. :mrgreen: (Think of it almost as being the descendant of a great warrior. Wouldn't matter if the warrior is a guy or a girl, I would think you would receive their title when you did some awesomeamazing deed worthy of it.)


jjjdavidson wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:No! No Morse Code, the blitzers won't like that.
And DEFINITELY no Morse Code/rot13 mashups! Bad! Bad!

Where in Time is Dracomax? We seem to have lost our Inquisitor around Newpage 408... :(

I didn't see Dracomax back there. :/ He must be way back...

And five posts later, he shows up! Did you or BlitzGirl put him on a milk carton, or something?


Either he sensed me clumsily doing his Inquisition work and came to do it properly, or BlitzGirl summoned him. I tend to favor the latter.

The need for the hand of the inquisition has drawn me forward through time, summoned by the word She Who Comes With The Lightening Pixel and PhoenixRising to accomplish my work. let the merangue factories Return to Full Production, and the comfortable chairs be made ready!

I just got really far behind, and workload picked up, so I Kept falling farther and farther behind... Then said screw it.

Please try to use spoilers when quoting walls of text.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Ardaglash
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Ardaglash » Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

Oy. Besides Waiting for the OTC, now I'm refreshing this page waiting for the 20000th post...

User avatar
HAL9000
Not Red
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm UTC
Location: Jupiter

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

Ardaglash wrote:Oy. Besides Waiting for the OTC, now I'm refreshing this page waiting for the 20000th post...

No more need to wait, then.
ETA: well, no more need to wait for post 20000. Of course, we all still need to
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Red Hal » Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

Not Implemented.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
pelrigg
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Just de-coma'd. Did mini-Blitz from pg 49 to pg 500...

451 newpages is a mini-Blitz? Dude, you either need to decrease your dosage or increase it. ;-)


Er...ah...would you believe 496 to 500?
{I really should have had my mug of joe before typing.

Oh, and dreiarmumig, unless you were there you couldn't have known what we were talking about. I mean his new sig was up for less than 5 minutes....
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

User avatar
patzer
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:48 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby patzer » Thu May 02, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
Ardaglash wrote:Oy. Besides Waiting for the OTC, now I'm refreshing this page waiting for the 20000th post...

No more need to wait, then.

that was post 20000? :(
Nothing spectacular?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

User avatar
Jonas79
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Jonas79 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

So, the drinking bag is gone now. I wonder why the river1 is so dangerous? Didn't seem to be an issue to swim in the sea2. It looks like a very slow moving river3 and there shouldn't be an issue to swim in it.

1small
2BIG
3It really is very small
I predict that the One True Comic will continue until the end of Time!

You did it BlitzGirl!


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: moody7277 and 30 guests