1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Kieryn

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

Okay okay. I concede.

I'll take option C)

What we are seeing is neither a 'true' darkening or clouds or smoke.

It's a camera-glare / gamma / contrast adjustment effect due to the setting sun coming into view of the camera. As the sun moves towards the center of of the frame, the gamma level of the overral frame decreases to accomodate the extra light and renders the sun visible.

In theory it ought to be darkest around the sun itself, but GLR the One True Comic AI has taken some artistic liberty.

The One True Darkening of the sky will really begin in about 8-12 newpix (as a new arc with the sun at the center this time) when the sun dips below the horizon.

At this point we'll start seeing stars (also moving in the same direction as the sun of course). (It will be interesting to see if any of the stars line up with actual constellations).

After a further 10 newpix or so, the image will settle, with an ambient sky brightness probably around the hex 40 level (thats 64 in decimal or 25%).

Also a molpy or two will make a quick appearance -- quite possibly the molpycat as previously mentioned then it will jump back to Cueball with no further fading.

I therefore predict we will jump to Cueball / Megan at newpix 2388 give or take 3 newpix.

So yeah, C) Final answer.

Edit: Ooh cool top of the paginess. I decree everyone have a good time on this page.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Let's all bring cake for StratPlayer!
Spoiler:

I skipped that one when googleimagesearching – that might be a guitar, not a cake. Image
Edit: nope, I was wrong, it is a cake. Image (A very impressive one!)

Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay okay. I concede.

I'll take option C)

It's a camera-glare / gamma / contrast adjustment effect due to the setting sun coming into view of the camera. As the sun moves towards the center of of the frame, the gamma level of the overral frame decreases to accomodate the extra light and renders the sun visible.
Spoiler:
In theory it ought to be darkest around the sun itself, but GLR the One True Comic AI has taken some artistic liberty.

The One True Darkening of the sky will really begin in about 8-12 newpix (as a new arc with the sun at the center this time) when the sun dips below the horizon.

At this point we'll start seeing stars (also moving in the same direction as the sun of course). (It will be interesting to see if any of the stars line up with actual constellations).

After a further 10 newpix or so, the image will settle, with an ambient sky brightness probably around the hex 40 level (thats 64 in decimal or 25%).

Also a molpy or two will make a quick appearance -- quite possibly the molpycat as previously mentioned then it will jump back to Cueball with no further fading.

I therefore predict we will jump to Cueball / Megan at newpix 2388 give or take 3 newpix.

Edit: Ooh cool top of the paginess. I decree everyone have a good time on this page.

I think I ninja'd you on this by several newpix...
If this theory is true, the frames will actually get lighter first, right after the sun has set, before darkening again.
Last edited by mscha on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:46 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:Hehe, sarcasm is funny :lol: :wink:

It's what I do best, lightly seasoned with just a dash of flippant smart-assery. :D :wink:

And thank you to mscha and BlitzGirl for the guitar-cake!!! Awesome!!!!

**stuffs mouth full** Nom, nom, nom....!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

in case some people would like to bake build a cake for StratPlayer from scratch:
Spoiler:
guitar cake.jpg
guitar cake.jpg (8.16 KiB) Viewed 13084 times

StratPlayer, please excuse your friends for not having acknowledged your return sooner. Some people have been all busy with "science" instead of sensibly running around in circles, waving their arms and screaming "THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!" like any normal person....
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

I skipped that one when googleimagesearching – that might be a guitar, not a cake. Image

Image Is a cake - coffee and walnut cake, actually! Edible, too!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 pm UTC

Welcome back, HAL and Strat! It's been, well, not quiet, exactly... A little less noisy, perhaps?

ChronosDragon wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:[snippety]
Also, the sun will be partly behind the tree next newpix! Cool!

Heya HAL! Glad your mood lightened - things are too dark around here already.

Ah, his mood was never that dark; he was just ranting. And, for a youngster, he has a habit of being right distressingly often.

jovialbard wrote:eta: ooo, cake! I mike men meemple meam and mum back

Tch! You shouldn't talk with food in your fingers.

Oh, and fhorn: THE END IS NEAR! WE'RE DOOMED!
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

In looking on Geek Wagon and the difference between 2366 and 2367, for the first time in this sunsetfadefogcloudthingy, the skystuff has a visible change (the sky is green for all images except the latest, 2367, where it has grey streaks in it). I cannot see this with my nekkid eye, and wanted to know what others see or don't see.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

Edit: nope, I was wrong, it is a cake. Image (A very impressive one!)

Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay okay. I concede.

I'll take option C)

Spoiler:

I think I ninja'd you on this by several newpix...
If this theory is true, the frames will actually get lighter first, right after the sun has set, before darkening again.

So you did. Good call. The getting lighter... Hmmm. Maybe. Depends if the exposure setting on the 'camera' is reactive or set manually or not. I'm imagining that GLR / the AI will not desire it to get brighter again and therefore will keep the exposure constant as the sun sets.

And also - yeah HAL and StratPlayer -- It's really good to see you guys back again.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:in case some people would like to bake build a cake for StratPlayer from scratch:
Spoiler:
guitar cake.jpg

StratPlayer, please excuse your friends for not having acknowledged your return sooner. Some people have been all busy with "science" instead of sensibly running around in circles, waving their arms and screaming "THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!" like any normal person....

Cool cake. And that's ok. I know it wasn't a personal slight -- "Damnit!!! That idiot StratPlayer's back! why the hell can't he just go away and stay away?!? The OTT was so much better when he was gone. Hey, but maybe if we ignore him, he'll leave again!"

Spoiler:
At least I hope it wasn't that....

There's just a lot going on right now. The Darkening and Megan injured and unaccounted for off-screen and lurking raptorcats. It leads to erratic posting, unlike the sane, calm, and orderly way the OTT used to be, back in the day... :wink:
Last edited by StratPlayer on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:57 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:In looking on Geek Wagon and the difference between 2366 and 2367, for the first time in this sunsetfadefogcloudthingy, the skystuff has a visible change (the sky is green for all images except the latest, 2367, where it has grey streaks in it). I cannot see this with my nekkid eye, and wanted to know what others see or don't see.

Probably because the darkening is slowing down, so now there are pixels that have the same greyness as on the previous frame.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
buffygirl wrote:In looking on Geek Wagon and the difference between 2366 and 2367, for the first time in this sunsetfadefogcloudthingy, the skystuff has a visible change (the sky is green for all images except the latest, 2367, where it has grey streaks in it). I cannot see this with my nekkid eye, and wanted to know what others see or don't see.

Probably because the darkening is slowing down, so now there are pixels that have the same greyness as on the previous frame.

I don't think this is going to be a full darkening -- it just needs to be dark enough for "night" or "dusk". We'll still need to see the details of the scene and Cuegan when they enter.

akacat

Postby akacat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:"Randall Daylight Time" refers to a 24-hour day starting when the first Time comic appeared. As I've been given to understand, Randall lives in the U.S. Eastern time zone, and publishes new xkcd comics at midnight his time, so the original Time comic appeared March 25, 2013, at 12:00am EDT (UTC-4:00). However long Time runs, I'll continue to divide it into icositetranewpix or 24-hour days, so all my charts will be Randall Daylight Time (equal to Eastern Daylight Time). If Time runs long enough for the U.S. to return to standard time, mscha may shorten one day on his canonical list, but I'll always take Time 24 (or 48) frames at a time, unless the ONG rate changes again.

Too much information?

Nope, that's perfect. Thanks!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
mscha wrote:

I don't think this is going to be a full darkening -- it just needs to be dark enough for "night" or "dusk". We'll still need to see the details of the scene and Cuegan when they enter.

We'll have to
Spoiler:
wait for it
, but the darkness will probably remain fairly constant from now until the sun has set. And then? No idea what will happen.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

concedONG that the sun is settONG but the sky is not darkenONG
Image- Kieryn

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

I'd like to play alONG

ETA: always a bridesmaid, never a bride
Last edited by fhorn on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

patzer

Postby patzer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

Prediction: The scene fades to black, then jumps back to the sandcastle scene.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

patzer wrote:Prediction: The scene fades to black, then jumps back to the sandcastle scene.

But Megan is injured! She might die if we aren't there to watch her!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:StratPlayer, please excuse your friends for not having acknowledged your return sooner. Some people have been all busy with "science" instead of sensibly running around in circles, waving their arms and screaming "THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!" like any normal person....

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:

NormalPerson.png
NormalPerson.png (23.99 KiB) Viewed 13042 times

redundant03.png
redundant03.png (52 KiB) Viewed 13042 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:But Megan is injured! She might die if we aren't there to watch her!

No! Until she is observed, she is both alive and dead at the same Time!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

The question we're debating here is: Are we looking at the left? Or the right? Right seems more likely to me.
ImageImage

ETA: They might appear on different lines if your screen is tiny.
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Animation update, still with a gamma of 0.2 applied:

Corner color update (NW/NE/SE/SW):
Spoiler:
np2352: #ffffff/#fefefe/#000000/#000000
np2353: #ffffff/#fcfcfc/#000000/#000000
np2354: #ffffff/#fbfbfb/#000000/#000000
np2355: #ffffff/#fafafa/#000000/#000000
np2356: #ffffff/#f9f9f9/#000000/#000000
np2357: #ffffff/#f7f7f7/#000000/#000000
np2358: #ffffff/#efefef/#000000/#000000
np2359: #ffffff/#e9e9e9/#000000/#000000
np2360: #fbfbfb/#e3e3e3/#000000/#000000
np2361: #f2f2f2/#dcdcdc/#000000/#000000
np2362: #e9e9e9/#d5d5d5/#000000/#000000
np2363: #dfdfdf/#cecece/#000000/#000000
np2364: #d5d5d5/#c6c6c6/#000000/#000000
np2365: #d0d0d0/#c2c2c2/#000000/#000000
np2366: #cdcdcd/#c0c0c0/#000000/#000000
np2367: #cacaca/#c0c0c0/#000000/#000000
np2368: #c8c8c8/#bfbfbf/#000000/#000000
np2369: #c6c6c6/#bdbdbd/#000000/#000000
Still slowly darkening ... actually twice as fast as on the previous frame.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Awwww... That's nice. It's good to see that the OTT is still a warm, welcoming place where those long-gone are greeted fondly with eager and open arms, and not totally ignored after not having been able to be around for almost two weeks...

:(

ETA: And mscha, too, above.

Hey, Strat is back!

Also, did anyone notice the javascript?

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:concedONG that the sun is settONG but the sky is not darkenONG

Well, during a sunset, the sky can remain somewhat light even after the sun is not visible. Remember, the sun going out of sight from the current perspective just means that it's behind the mountain, not necessarily below the horizon.

Also:
Users browsing this forum: akacat, BekaminoMaike, BlitzGirl, buffygirl, charlie_grumbles, Choittetet, ChronosDragon, Earthling on Mars, fhorn, foilman, FullOfIt, gmalivuk, Google [Bot], HAL9000, HES, jjjdavidson, jowo, k.bookbinder, Kieryn, lassehp, marchlight, moody7277, mscha, SBN, slinches, StratPlayer, thirds, Wildhound, yappobiscuits and 58 guests

We're quite the buzzin' party tonight (well, this afternoon. But it's 10pm here in Germany).
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:The question we're debating here is: Are we looking at the left? Or the right? Right seems more likely to me.

Do you mean: is it a sunset or a moonset? Definitely a sunset. If it were a moonset, of a full moon, it'd be sunrise and actually getting lighter.
(Is this the fourth or fifth time I've tried to explain this? I lost count...)

Nice photomanips, though...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Still slowly darkening ... actually twice as fast as on the previous frame.

Huh. So maybe that means it is going to fade to black. It's a gamma/exposure induced fade-to-black effect.

I wish I had time to run some data on the images... Maybe tonight.
Image- Kieryn

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Do you mean: is it a sunset or a moonset? Definitely a sunset. If it were a moonset, of a full moon, it'd be sunrise and actually getting lighter.

Plus, if it were a full moon, Megan would have turned into a raptorcat by now.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:The question we're debating here is: Are we looking at the left? Or the right? Right seems more likely to me.

Do you mean: is it a sunset or a moonset? Definitely a sunset. If it were a moonset, of a full moon, it'd be sunrise and actually getting lighter.

Nice photomanips, though...

Actually, the left right picture is just the sun behind some clouds, not a moonset. I don't know who would think it was moonset, that's just silly! Actually, that'd be pretty good grounds for thinking that, in this thread.

ETA: Put me in the club of "people who don't know their rights from their lefts"

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:100 posts! Woohooo!!!
(...)
Every New Frame’s Awefulsome
(based on the OtherComic "Every Major's Terrible", to the tune of "Modern Major-General")
Spoiler:
A couple sat down at the beach, it seemed that they did just relax
And sandcastles were topped with crenellations and some tiny flags.
The journey didn’t start just out of simple curiosity,
They want to know about the rising semencancercoffeesea.

Why Cuegan seem to know not much remains a constant mystery
And leads to theories about apocalyptic history.
We post and ketchup every dix, some read it all and others skipped.
No matter, everyone’s welcome! (and have you seen the javascript??)

I’d rather lick a pricklymolp than thwap a big moleopard
To witness buttermolpy’s end was nature’s course, but really hard.
The molpyhunt, it can go on as soon as the next ONG will come
Just put me down as “Waiting for it” – every new frame’s awefulsome!

Now, if you can't prognosticate, that's ok in the OTT
But if your memory's weak as well, you'd best consult the Time-wiki.
The nested quotes will make each post a struggle getting brackets right.
All flames are quenched and this is why we haven’t seen an ugly fight.

We were prepared for epic battles fought with tiny trebuchets
And LaPetite’s return was almost missed due to the fading’s haze.
Though wow-trees probably suggest a Madagascar set by far
The wiki page lists arguments for Randallverse or Africa.

They want to find out if the rivers influence the sea at all
But all they have found up to date are big hills and a wowterfall.
I recognize my coma-schedule's gone and help will never come
But put me down as “Waiting for it” – every new frame’s awefulsome!

Dilgunnerangs are used for drinking, Cuegan do not use a mug
The steambottle’s a no-go; it just makes them want to utter “ugh”.
Cue’s too ophiophobic to consider herpetology
And Meg can't stomach any part of her self-picked weird-tree-berry.

While flashy things give twitchy eyes, hence spoilering is what we choose
A poetry degree is earned for double-dactyls and haikus.
The inquisition likes to use hot chocolate and the comfy chair
(The punishment with S&Ms for heresy is very fair).

By hatting people’s avatars, we show our creativity
And cupcakes seem to taste best when they’re relished with an OTTidy.
In terms of ingenuity, a greater thread will never come.
Just put me down as “Waiting for it” – every new frame’s awefulsome!

Also, penis.

Bravo to the hugest degree, Zooman. This is, by far, my most favorite OTTification, yet! :mrgreen: Looks around for yappobiscuits to get to singing it....
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
mscha wrote:Still slowly darkening ... actually twice as fast as on the previous frame.

Huh. So maybe that means it is going to fade to black. It's a gamma/exposure induced fade-to-black effect.

Well, “twice as fast” is -2 instead of -1. ;)

Kieryn wrote:I wish I had time to run some data on the images... Maybe tonight.

Here's some really basic data:
Spoiler:
frame: delta top left / delta top right
2352: 0 / -1
2353: 0 / -2
2354: 0 / -1
2355: 0 / -1
2356: 0 / -1
new scene
2357: 0 / -2
2358: 0 / -7
2359: 0 / -6
2360: -4 / -6
2361: -9 / -7
2362: -9 / -8
2363: -9 / -7
2364: -10 / -8
2365: -5 / -4
2366: -3 / -2
2367: -3 / 0
2368: -2 / -1
2368: -2 / -2
So, after switching to the new scene, the darkening (or more likely, Inside time) sped up for about 7 frames, then slowed down again, and now it's hardly darkening.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:21 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
fhorn wrote:StratPlayer, please excuse your friends for not having acknowledged your return sooner. Some people have been all busy with "science" instead of sensibly running around in circles, waving their arms and screaming "THE END IS NEAR! THE END IS NEAR!!!!!" like any normal person....

Redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:

NormalPerson.png

redundant03.png

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAH
Dear BlitzGirl,
I'm here now and then, I've never met this Java somebody everyone keeps talking about, I don't do pictures or graphs (or math or science or predictions or ONGS or - well, you get the point), occasionally I throw in a pun; I'm a truly contented minor player in our little play, and it's never ever been a problem not to be center stage (or a medalist in the "attention whore olympics," as my son says). That being said, I can't deny the thrill of finding myself in a BlitzGirl ProductionsTM production!!! Thank you!!!!!
*runs around in circles, waves arms, screams, just call me Abby Somebody*
*also, thanks for putting me in the Candy Land game a really long time ago, for which I never thanked you - have some negative (-n) butter, on the house*

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
mscha wrote:

Actually, the right picture is just the sun behind some clouds, not a moonset.

Ah. Image
In that case, I agree with you. Sun behind low clouds, or smoke.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:28 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

Well, “twice as fast” is -2 instead of -1. ;)

Kieryn wrote:I wish I had time to run some data on the images... Maybe tonight.

Here's some really basic data:
Spoiler:
frame: delta top left / delta top right
2352: 0 / -1
2353: 0 / -2
2354: 0 / -1
2355: 0 / -1
2356: 0 / -1
new scene
2357: 0 / -2
2358: 0 / -7
2359: 0 / -6
2360: -4 / -6
2361: -9 / -7
2362: -9 / -8
2363: -9 / -7
2364: -10 / -8
2365: -5 / -4
2366: -3 / -2
2367: -3 / 0
2368: -2 / -1
2368: -2 / -2
So, after switching to the new scene, the darkening (or more likely, Inside time) sped up for about 7 frames, then slowed down again, and now it's hardly darkening.

Yeah those numbers match up with the visual experience I get when I scroll through the frames. I'm sticking with my final answer. Um I guess I have to really. Ipso facto.

Edit: Pray GLR, let NP 939 be the page where in my pagepopiliness I finally make a correct prediction again.
Image- Kieryn

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 pm UTC

Thank you, Valarya and CameronCat! I'm glad all y'all liked it.
Valarya wrote:Looks around for yappobiscuits to get to singing it....

I might be a bit late, but it's oh-so-fitting:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Awwww... That's nice. It's good to see that the OTT is still a warm, welcoming place where those long-gone are greeted fondly with eager and open arms, and not totally ignored after not having been able to be around for almost two weeks...

Haha, I know that feel StratPlayer. :oops: :cry: I left Goonies cupcakes around here somewhere, but I bet they've been eaten by now, even if they weren't mentioned.

There IS a lot going on right now, though. There were raptorcats (or moleopards?), an ANTIFADE and an almost-flame-war about popiness papal decrees. *whew* Not to mention a whole LOT of dialogue in the past 40 NPs!

Glad we're ALL THREE back at the same time, tho! I hope Megan is OK...
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

You're welcome, fhorn! :) Yay, negative butter!

All this left-ing and right-ing reminds me of "The Foot Book" by Dr. Seuss...

The Pix Poem
Spoiler:
Left pic, left pic
Right pic, right
Pix in the mornip.
Pix at night.H

Left pic,
Left pic,
Left pic,
Right.

Sea pic, sky pic
Low pic, high pic
Find pix, hack pix
White pix, black pix

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!
Let's find some pix with LaPetite!

Slow pix, quick pix
Thwap pix, stick pix
Up pix, down pix
Unique noun pix.

Small pix, big pix
"Wild fig?" pix
His pix, her pix
"Why not xer?" pix

In the thread and as we eat,

"Smoke in the air?" pix
"Raptorcat's lair?" pix
"Time to explore?" pix
Twenty-four pix!*
Let's ONG more and more...and more pix!

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!

H Heresy? Maybe? We might be seeing night in the OTC soon.
* One xip.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You're welcome, fhorn! :) Yay, negative butter!

The Pix Poem
Spoiler:
Left pic, left pic
Right pic, right
Pix in the mornip.
Pix at night.H

Left pic,
Left pic,
Left pic,
Right.

Sea pic, sky pic
Low pic, high pic
Find pix, hack pix
White pix, black pix

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!

Slow pix, quick pix
Thwap pix, stick pix
Up pix, down pix
Unique noun pix.

Small pix, big pix
"Wild fig?" pix
His pix, her pix
"Why not xer?" pix

"Smoke in the air?" pix
"Raptorcat's lair?" pix
"Time to explore?" pix
Twenty-four pix!*

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!

* One xip.

Hey, our filkers and our digital artists should get together to make an OTC children's book!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

And more (cup)cake! (If anyone still has room for more...)
Welcome back, Valarya! Apologies for not noting earlier (while still grabbing one of your cupcakes - rude) but it's been an exciting day in the OTUniverse...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You're welcome, fhorn! :) Yay, negative butter!

The Pix Poem
Spoiler:
Left pic, left pic
Right pic, right
Pix in the mornip.
Pix at night.H

Left pic,
Left pic,
Left pic,
Right.

Sea pic, sky pic
Low pic, high pic
Find pix, hack pix
White pix, black pix

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!

Slow pix, quick pix
Thwap pix, stick pix
Up pix, down pix
Unique noun pix.

Small pix, big pix
"Wild fig?" pix
His pix, her pix
"Why not xer?" pix

"Smoke in the air?" pix
"Raptorcat's lair?" pix
"Time to explore?" pix
Twenty-four pix!*

Left pic, right pic
Neat, neat, neat!

* One xip.

Neat! I think we need a list on the wiki of Dr Seus Timifications. Also a list of his books that have not been converted yet.

I think I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew would be an epic one. Anyone care to take that on?
Image- Kieryn

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
Wildhound wrote:I feel like the comic is not dark enough to go down the road of Megan being infected / seriously injured.

I think she will be fine.

I think she will have to have it amputated, but that's okay because the people who help them will give her a (wait for it...)
Spoiler:
Flying Ferret Molpytm! (You thought I was going to say ‘stick leg, didn't you? :P )

Yes
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:56 pm UTC

Maybe we all have looked into the sun for too long. But did anyone notice the javascript the mound in the center of the last frames? While the terrain is rising, its top is pretty much level. The sides are beveled off in the same way. There are no trees growing on it, only some shrub, as if earth was recently moved. So I think this is an artificial object. Ideas, anyone?
Spoiler:
My uneducated guess would be that it's a burial mound, probably by the mountain people. However I dislike the "sundown over cemetery" atmosphere this interpretation brings with it.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”