1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Marsh'n

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Marsh'n » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:The OTT is now sans inquisitor. :twisted:

Spoiler:
Randall Munroe is just a man.
He is not only fallable, he is normally wrong.
"Cueball" and "Meagan" are just lines of black pixels with no meaning.
The sea is small!

Marsh'n wrote:(Begins tossing sofa cushions and M&M's at TimeLurker.) What, you want the job?

Kinda ninja'd by Neil_Boekend and taixzo, but it's an alternate reality.

ETA: PagePope??? I declare it "smile at an elder" page. Say something nice about those who have led the way here.
Complying with myself, a shout out to @mybrainhurts :D (the first hatted member I ever met, NP4, whose avatar is "HAT") and to @queueingtheory :D (who correctly predicted on NP6 that the water would rise).
Last edited by Marsh'n on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Sappy abdication speech

Just do what I do.

[heresy]Come back to the present. Ketchup when you have time and aren't too far behind, or skim, or just outright skip back to the current newpage when you feel like it. The OTC / OTT should never feel like a chore.[/heresy]

that's the plan now. I just don't have the desire to put in the time and effort to randomly punish people for imagined slights when I can't be bothered to read every post anymore. I'm not gone, it just won't be so large a part of my life anymore.

Also, glad to see the forum picks up the slack.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Is there a bit of mustard in 2511? Looks like a bit of her knee stayed behind when she walked away.

Just a blade of grass. It was already there all the way back in 2357, before Cuegan arrived on the scene.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:For Papal decree:
Spoiler:

SOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE!!!

Also, I think Randell was on vacation or something, he needed some filler that wasn't too hard to draw or think about...
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Fellow Time waiters. The last week or so have made something clear to me. The OTT has become more work than fun, trying to stay caught up, and I just can't seem to keep a steady presence or read everything. I am no nearly 100 pages behind, and it's becoming clear. I can't read everything, and I can't spend enough time here to do the Job effectively. Therefore, Effective immediately, I am abdicating my role as Lord High Inquisitor.

Don't get me wrong--I'll still check in several times a week, and keep up with the OTC until it's end, but the joke has worn thin for me, and I find I have no real desire to read every post any longer. Even before this I found myself skimming pages on pages. I respect and like you all too much to leave for good, but I also respect and like me far too much to spend hours and hours keeping up when it isn't quite as fun anymore.

Thank you.

I am totally with you. Though I admire those who have taken on that challenge with great fortitude and success. I never approached the OTT in that way myself. In the beginning (first wix) I read a few sporadic posts and got side-tracked on my own obsession of proving that Randall was auto-generating the comic, which seems less and less likely the more complex it has become. There are vast chunks of the thread I've really hardly read at all, including the first 50 pages or so, and NP 150 - 300 ish.

The way I have been following is generally skimming very fast, searching for keywords or topics I'm interested in, searching for mentions of my name in case there's something to reply about or reading other blitzers ketchup posts.

I've seen the idea being floated about having a meta thread, or something with highlights. I think the wiki is the place for that really. The quotes page is probably the closest thing that comes to it. It just needs to be better organized (pages, dates, etc adding) and kept up to date.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

I'm performing a Citizen's Inquisition, and pelting TimeLurker with with S&M's that have been sitting out in the sun so the dye in the candy shells is partly melted and makes colorful stains on impact.

(There, that should distract the gullible public and give me free rein for my own heresies!)
Really, what's so neat about a river? It's an inevitable consequence of the fluid mechanics of water drainage.

Yay, Cueball's awake!

In fact, he's awake "finally!" Apparently Megan is psychic and knows that this was the final time he will ever awaken, so he will die soon, ending Time.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:35 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Fellow Time waiters. The last week or so have made something clear to me. The OTT has become more work than fun, trying to stay caught up, and I just can't seem to keep a steady presence or read everything. I am no nearly 100 pages behind, and it's becoming clear. I can't read everything, and I can't spend enough time here to do the Job effectively. Therefore, Effective immediately, I am abdicating my role as Lord High Inquisitor.

Don't get me wrong--I'll still check in several times a week, and keep up with the OTC until it's end, but the joke has worn thin for me, and I find I have no real desire to read every post any longer. Even before this I found myself skimming pages on pages. I respect and like you all too much to leave for good, but I also respect and like me far too much to spend hours and hours keeping up when it isn't quite as fun anymore.

Thank you.

I am totally with you. Though I admire those who have taken on that challenge with great fortitude and success. I never approached the OTT in that way myself. In the beginning (first wix) I read a few sporadic posts and got side-tracked on my own obsession of proving that Randall was auto-generating the comic, which seems less and less likely the more complex it has become. There are vast chunks of the thread I've really hardly read at all, including the first 50 pages or so, and NP 150 - 300 ish.

The way I have been following is generally skimming very fast, searching for keywords or topics I'm interested in, searching for mentions of my name in case there's something to reply about or reading other blitzers ketchup posts.

I've seen the idea being floated about having a meta thread, or something with highlights. I think the wiki is the place for that really. The quotes page is probably the closest thing that comes to it. It just needs to be better organized (pages, dates, etc adding) and kept up to date.

The annoying thing about searching for yourself is that it ignores the contents of [] so it won't pick up your name if you've actually been quoted, which is most of the time. Few of the posts that directly respond to me actually have my handle in the body of the post.

Edit: For papal decree: Yay BlitzGirl, she's our gal, if she can't do it then... I must be hallucinating because she already did it... a long time ago :)
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:42 pm UTC

I accept the citizens inquisit (have to admit, didn't see that coming) and vow to submit to the future burned steak offerings of our new inquisitor Neil_Boekend.

Now, with that sillyness behind us, I hope that Cuegan will now be on the move. Meagan seems to have moved around finE and shouldn't hamper their travel much.

Papal Decree: a shout-out to pelrigg. He may not have been here from the beginning, but through PMs encouraged me to jump into this madness.
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

Thank you.

The annoying thing about searching for yourself is that it ignores the contents of [] so it won't pick up your name if you've actually been quoted, which is most of the time. Few of the posts that directly respond to me actually have my handle in the body of the post.

Edit: For papal decree: Yay BlitzGirl, she's our gal, if she can't do it then... I must be hallucinating because she already did it... a long time ago :)

Yeah - tis annoying. My workaround is to check and search each page individually and see where the highlights are in the browser scrollbar.

Oh and for the decree - yes, so many to honor... myself I choose the Good Honorable Mr. Grumbles and the wonderful Fluffy. I'm very glad to see them back to the thread.
Image- Kieryn

saengerbeatle

Postby saengerbeatle » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

"Finally" is exatly what I thought. It's nice, that so much time and effort is given to this nightwatch-chapter, but we have seen the same place since almost 200 panels. Time they move on. I wanna see the Structure on the Mountain top!

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:

Thank you.

Hear, hear. Reading several NewPages every morningHeretical just takes too much time, I'm skimming over them as well. Posts which contain images, either from the OTC, related to the OTC or fanart I read a bit more carefully.

Papal Decree: I want to remind everyone of Helper, the original OTT Pope. May he not be forgotten.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:[heresy]Come back to the present. Ketchup when you have time and aren't too far behind, or skim, or just outright skip back to the current newpage when you feel like it. The OTC / OTT should never feel like a chore.[/heresy]

I'd also like to point out that there IS no true heresy. Read the OTT however you want. Pop in a few times a week like you said you were, in the present, and forget about all the newpages of stuff. You can fora however you want and no one will care one bit, because you'll still be here. It definitely shouldn't feel like a chore, though.. so that I understand.

<3

adding: I see that you will be doing just that and are only giving up your title of inquisitor b/c it seems a bit heretical in and of itself. Awesome. :) I'm also glad other timewaiters have chirped in to say they don't read everything. I skim a lot myself.. and try to glance at every single post but I don't read every word of every one.

jovialbard wrote:The annoying thing about searching for yourself is that it ignores the contents of [] so it won't pick up your name if you've actually been quoted, which is most of the time.

Not if you just CTRL+F a page, like I do! ;)
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

foilman

Postby foilman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

adfiapoeONGklasfjdlap

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I claim the role of high Inquisitor.
Anyone who defies me will receive a burned steak!

Is there a vegetarian option?
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Ashes to Ashes

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

mikro2nd wrote:
Kieryn wrote:I agree. 1000 is just another arbitrary number.
Special, but it's not 50,000 or 100,000 which happen on NP 1250 and 2500 respectively. In the end it doesn't really matter

Agree! I'm inclined to yawn and comment, "It's the NP1k crisis."

np50k, OTOH will be something special and cause for celebration if it ever comes around. :D

But...
1k is how the first 1/50 of 50k looks like.
We should celebrate every milestone.

Thank you.

So, who is the next in the Inquisitors List?

TimeLurker wrote:Randall Munroe is just a man.
He is not only fallable, he is normally wrong.
"Cueball" and "Meagan" are just lines of black pixels with no meaning.
The sea is small!

We are still watching Image

Neil_Boekend wrote:I claim the role of high Inquisitor.
Anyone who defies me will receive a burned steak!

You're dead. You can't apply for that job.

Marsh'n wrote:ETA: PagePope??? I declare it "smile at an elder" page. Say something nice about those who have led the way here.

I'm an Elder, so...
Hi CameronCat! Your records of the HTCPCP OTCT are truly outstanding!
(I don't care if she's not really an Elder. She knows more about this place than I!)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Love the new ottifications - JC Superstar (rvloon) and the "Time After Time ones (Ebonite, Marsh'n, yappobiscuits) come to mind, as do the uproarious chicken ones (I forgot who did them; there were several - was it yappobiscuits?). Also the ones I haven't mentioned because my coma-transition mind is not up to snuff.

I'm also quite interested in the "how we did this" posts; as Spock would say, "fascinating!". It's also fun to see and hear the actual people behind the posts. I don't have much to add for my own stuff, as typing a story is similar to typing a post, but if you like I can give a glimpse as to what goes through my mind as I'm doing them.

rvloon wrote:PS: No replies to my Schroedinger's dilemma post. *snif* you OTT-barbarians! You just don't appreciate the fine art of textcraft!
It was posted and not posted at the same time.

Flado wrote:I was wondering when a link to the amazing Vi Hart would pop up on the OTT :-) That's the first one, I believe?
Actually, an earlier reference appeared in the Acts of the Clerics. It's to a different video though, and I later left a link to it as a present present, per some page-pope's decree. She is wonderful, isn't she!

*Kat* wrote: I imagine that if Randall was at the head of his own religion his first commandment would be "question EVERYTHING".
Are you sure about that?

pelrig wrote:I'm going to take a stab and say Megan realized that Cueball let her sleep most of the night and is returning the favor
Called it!

Kieryn wrote:NP 1000 starts with post 40,000
Actually, it should start with 39,960 and ends with 40,000, no? NP 1001 starts with post 40,001. It's like the decades and such.

the artist going by the name of TomPace101 wrote:I was Waiting when I wrote this, forgive me if it needs a fix.
When I molpied up this mornONG, could've sworn it was Judgement Dix.
The sky was all starry, there were people posting everywhere,
Tryin' to figure out the hashes, you know I didn't even care.

They say one-thousand zero-zero party over. Oops, out of Time!
So tonight I'm gonna party like its NewPage 999.
Love it - we must find the missing pieces!

Dracomax wrote:...Therefore, Effective immediately, I am abdicating my role as Lord High Inquisitor.
Hope you leave your chocolate behind! Yes, if it starts to seem like work (and there sure is a lot of "all", isn't there!), it's time for a break. Glad to hear you'll still be around as a regular timewaiter though. :)

And we welcome our Neil_Boekend overlord!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:18 pm UTC

Megan wrote:But it's getting late.

Hmm, I wonder how late? It can't be afternoon already, can it?

CameronCat

Postby CameronCat » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

[*stands up in last pew of the Tabernacle*]

I'm about to embark on four dix in the Outside. Although there will be no e-access, even if there was I'll be busy enough that I couldn't use it. I wish laud and honor to those who will appear on NP 1000 when it goes by; it will be a monument to our endurance on the Quest. You will have your names inscribed upon the plinth of Time.

Upon my return, I'll be facing a daunting amount of ketchup (or a blintz) to rejoin you.
Try to keep a lid on the place while I'm gone, will ya'?

I'm an Elder, so...
Hi CameronCat! Your records of the OTCT are truly outstanding!
(I don't care if she's not really an Elder. She knows more about this place than I!)

Why thank you! It's an honor to be noted. It's fun here. Usually. Also a hat tip and twitch of the cat's tail to the Elder Elders who make this such a nice place to be.

Be well. Happy holiday.
Over and out.
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
Megan wrote:But it's getting late.

Hmm, I wonder how late? It can't be afternoon already, can it?

I took it to mean "late compared to when we usually get up", with the most important reason being "I was bored".

Of course, with the stars gone, any amount of time could have passed.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 pm UTC

Blitz progress: 718 of 996
Feeding the molpyrrel, np 1631

@charlie_grumbles, RE: user name origin (NP 709):
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:I'm interested in the background of some of your local "handles." Charlie_Grumbles is just a name I made up that seemed to express a certain curmudgeonly character. I've since learned that there are real, actual, humans with that name. They are, of course, not guilty of the stuff I write.

"charlie is my name - irony is my game"

Anyone else?
Mine is boring, just first letter of my first and middle names, and the first 4 of my last name, with my favorite 2-digit number

@Sciscitor, RE: UNCLOSED PAREN!!!! (NP 709):
Spoiler:
Sciscitor wrote:
mikrit wrote:Oh, and this sig affects me like an unclosed parenthesis:
Sciscitor wrote:
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1

1 Holmes actually never said this.

Yes! Yes! You are right! But he almost said it!
Dr. Watson wrote:"Excellent!" I cried.
"Elementary," said he.

Ah. I feel better now.

Interesting coincidence that you are quoting two of my favorite authors. And though I do know the Holmes quote (it's from "The adventure of the Crooked Man"; maybe because I read all Sherlock Holmes stories so often I can't reliably count), I can't remember the Discworld one (and I've read them all, though most of them only once, with the exception of the Rincewind and the Lancre Witches ones (which I read at least twice).)
I'm not sure if you intentionally left the parenthesis unclosed, since you were quoting someone who mentioned unclosed parens, but it's been bothering me for a good number of pages so far.

Oh, and I guess I only closed the paren in the quote, so...) (wow, that was a 300-NP-long paren...)

And damn it, I just noticed, it was included in quotes 5 times before mine, so...)))))

@Earthling on Mars, RE: markings on the tree (NP 709):
Spoiler:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
Vytron wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
ucim wrote:[close-up on the treetrunk] where Vytron is carving the words:
"Vytron was here."

Aha! We now know what the markings on the tree are!

-image-

That made me smile! ¦-)

:) I've just realized something: First, BlitzGirl appeared in the comic in the form of LaPetite. Now, Vytron was in the comic too, carving his name on a tree. Apparently BlitzGirls have a special ability to enter the OTC! :o
Don't give me false hope! It would be awesome to finally finish Blitzing and find that I stumbled throught the OTC at some point...

@mindonner & ZoomanSP, RE: Firstposts (NP 713)
Spoiler:
mindonner wrote:Definitely a molpy running down the tree!

(and yes, I've been lurking this thread since the dawn of Time, but a chance to be a molpy-spotter finally spurred me to register...)

ZoomanSP wrote:Long-time lurker, first-time poster (hey, I haven't read that in a while!). After waiting for It in five different countries in three different timezones, and reading almost everything on the OTT, I finally decided to join just to say: Y'all are an amazingly creative, funny and handsome bunch of people, and waiting for It on the OTC is much more fun when following the OTT at the same time. Thanks a lot and keep on waiting!
The river is small!

Oh, and since it's my birthday today, here is some cake for all of you:

CAKE
Sorry, I can't post images yet. But be assured, the cake is 4
I found both of these, and checked Kieryn's site and neither post had been quoted, so I figured I'd throw them forward. Welcome to the OTT, both of you! (only 300 NPs late, as usual for me...)
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

42 guests

Postby 42 guests » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:27 pm UTC

Hello all!

Have been following since the beginning of Time.

De-lurking in preparation for the 1000 NewPage celebration. :D

On topic:

"And I was bored."
That made me laugh. Most important reason is always stated last.
The One Who Left the Shadows

"What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?"
- AluisioASG

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:32 pm UTC

42 guests wrote:Hello all!

Have been following since the beginning of Time.

De-lurking in preparation for the 1000 NewPage celebration. :D

On topic:

"And I was bored."
That made me laugh. Most important reason is always stated last.

Well, obviously.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Coffee to Cancer

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

First of all, as NP1k approaches, I'd like to apologize for any, uh, "bad" behavior from me on these past pages. All almost-flames, all irrelevant discussions, everything.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too
I'm timed all I needed was time
Boring details following
Spoiler:

I know I have my own wrongdoings and
Sometimes I may have looked arrogant and maybe I
I may have behaved as a jerk and a stupid
But that's because I don't have this condition that's so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so…

Ashes to ashes, coffee to cancer
I know I'm such a flame-burner
My head seems above all even
When I know it's not so

I hope that my sensors are all alright
And I'm a nicer person outside
But it's like I was a different me
Oh no, not again
I'm stuck with my own alter-self
“I'm happy, hope you're happy too”
It's hard when you feel that part of yourself

I never done good things
I never done bad things
I never did anything out of the blue
Woh-o-oh
Want a mirror to look inside
Want to realize indeed

Water to Walter, coffee to cancer
I know I'm such a flame-burner
My head seems above all even
When I know it's not like so

Mama said to Major Thong
You'd better not mess with Time Control
Mama said to Major Thong
Mama said to Major Thong
Mama said to Major Thong

Spoiler:
Next week on David Bowie OTTifications:

See these eyes so blue
They could watch you for a thousand years
Brighter than the sun

(That's all I've written so far)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

talkong > sleepong!
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

edo

Postby edo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
redundant spoiler
Spoiler:
That'll teach you to be careful about looking at redundant spoilers...

AHHHHH *Screaming uncontrollably* AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

tman2nd

Final Chapter of the gospel of tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm UTC

I'm in the present!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm done!
I hope I never have to do that again.
I'm glad I made it before page 1000.

So, how's everyone doing?
Last edited by tman2nd on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Whizbang wrote:
redundant spoiler
Spoiler:
That'll teach you to be careful about looking at redundant spoilers...

AHHHHH *Screaming uncontrollably* AHHHHHHHHHHHH

That is too cute! I want one. Only with more fur please.
Image- Kieryn

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Mine is boring, just first letter of my first and middle names, and the first 4 of my last name, with my favorite 2-digit number
... which begsraises the question - why is 83 your favorite two-digit number? Birth year?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

NOT-AN-EDIT-BUT-IN-FACT-A-NEW-POST-I-MUST-PAY-ATTENTION-TO-WHICH-BUTTON-I-PRESS:
Regarding all this NP 1000 talk. Wouldn't it be funny if the forum admins changed the default posts per page setting to something random like 47.
Image- Kieryn

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

I'm more interested in NP999, personally.

Glad they're both awake now. That was quite the pause for commercial break.

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

I'm hoping that if Megan was bored, that means her leg doesn't hurt to much. Or she'd've said "And my leg hurts.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:13 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:I'm in the present!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm done!

Welcome back!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 pm UTC

Prediction:

Megan wrote:It still hurts.

Cueball wrote:Better or worse?

Megan wrote:A little worse.
Image- Kieryn

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

Cueball: "How's your leg?"

Prediction:
Megan: "Which one?"

My wife hates it when I answer questions like that...

Q: "Where are you?"
A: "Right here."
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Really nice! I thought it deserved to be brought closer to its full potential though, so I re-mixed it myself just using the same backing track you used, then doing some audio production wizardry to your original to bring out the best sound I could :)

Wow - that was amazing. I feel like a published songwriter now. :-)
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

BigDaddy

Postby BigDaddy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:NOT-AN-EDIT-BUT-IN-FACT-A-NEW-POST-I-MUST-PAY-ATTENTION-TO-WHICH-BUTTON-I-PRESS:
Regarding all this NP 1000 talk. Wouldn't it be funny if the forum admins changed the default posts per page setting to something random like 47.

How do you divide by monkey tacos? Are people slowing down their posting rate because they are afraid of a possible 1k limit?

How is Megan's leg? Hope they get to the structure on top in the next week or so. The stars were neat but after the attack everything seems to drag on in comparison.

tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
tman2nd wrote:I'm in the present!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm done!

Welcome back!
Spoiler:

Mmm! (Where's the cake eating smiley?)

Thank you!
Spoiler:
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

Pikrass

Postby Pikrass » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm UTC

BigDaddy wrote:
Kieryn wrote:NOT-AN-EDIT-BUT-IN-FACT-A-NEW-POST-I-MUST-PAY-ATTENTION-TO-WHICH-BUTTON-I-PRESS:

How do you divide by monkey tacos? Are people slowing down their posting rate because they are afraid of a possible 1k limit?

Well, I'm more afraid of the 65536th post. That would be a 16-bits integer overflow. Fortunately most machines are 64 bits these days.
Programmer and waiter devoted to Time.

Scripts for the One True Thread: heretic date to newpix converter; spoiler detector; multiquote; extra hide button for spoilers.
Code, links and instructions on Github.
Bundle (Firefox only)

thirds

Postby thirds » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 pm UTC

C: How's your leg?
M: Neat.
C: Yeah.

I mean really, it's a pretty neat device.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Today over at Phil Plait's place "Bad Astronomy" under the title Schrödinger’s Song is this wonderful little ditty by The Gargle Blasters called Uncertainty.
I've already listened to it three times. It fits in around here, I do believe.

And a shout out to phlip, who's post on NP2 was my source of old Newpix until I discovered the "Time" page on explain-wiki.

And keeping up to date: It's good to see that Cueball's first wide-awake question is about Megan's leg...
also: a big "Howdy" to tman2nd.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”