First things first. Happy 400th, yappo, happy 500th, jjj!
Very ⁴ otter pirate song, yappobiscuits!
Goggalor, sorry to read about your Outside troubles... Good luck!
Latent22 wrote:Thought I would just brainstorm some solutions quickly.Anyway just some ideas and options to think about.Spoiler:1. We leave the Wiki linked to geekwagon and are confused by numbers till the end of time.
2. We give in and convert to geekwagon numbering even though we may think it doesn't make sense 100%.
3. We link the wiki to http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/2629 and now they have to do click an extra link if they wanted the geekwagon viewable experience. Also their will be some confusion when going from wiki to geekwagon as the numbers change and when viewing geekwagon the numbers are not easily used in OTT conversations etc. Over time you can slowly add more cool stuff to the viewer.
4. You add a new bit to your wonderful website with geekwagon and Aubron frame redirects so that http://xkcd.mscha.org/geekwagon/2629 will instantly redirect to the geekwagon frame without the user even being aware. Then update the frame links in the wiki so that they go to this redirect so that the user clicks a link saying frame 2629 and gets to geekwagon on frame 2634. Still some confusion.
5. Create a wiki template that takes in the canonical frame number as the input and returns a valid link. This template can then be changed in one place to change how it displays the link on the wiki and what it links to. This keeps all frame links consistent in the wiki and would also allow it to do the maths to convert from canonical to GW/BA numbering if needed. Also we could try making each frame reference display extra info in the wiki if required like displaying other numbers in brackets or something. And then we can have a cool wiki editing battle where people constantly edit the template to switch the numbering between yours and gweekwagon and back again.
6. Try and convert Geekwagon or Aubron to your numbering system which may involve removing meteor frames as I think it only handles sequential frames.
7. Fork geekwagon (it's on github) to make one that does canonical numbering
Perhaps unsurprisingly, I like option 3.
I tried option 6 for Geekwagon, no success.
Option 4 I could fairly easily do, but it adds another link to the chain: if either my site or Geekwagon's has problems, the link is dead.
ggh wrote:Looks like Geekwagon has all the mustard....Spoiler:Kazza3 wrote:ggh wrote:Currently on Geekwagon, gw2452 is showing up as a very dark version of gw2456 for me. Is anyone else seeing that?
Nope, all fine for me.
Huh. Fine for me now too.mojacardave wrote:Nope, but gw2471 is showing the heretical mustardy variant of the frame for me.
Perhaps another argument for my site, where you can see both versions plus the difference?
robbak wrote:As someone used "Walk AlONG" as their newpix caption, I had to OTTify Dell Shannon's "Runaway",Spoiler:As they walk along they wonder,
What went wrong with their sea,
A sea the watched so long
And as they still walk on they talked about
The things they've seen together,
Since their walk begun.
They are walking up the hill
Molpy scratched but they're walking still,
Finding rivers, mountains, towers, plants,
To conquer every ignorance,
And they wonder,
Why why why why wonder,
Why why why why why,
Things appear this way,
And they wonder,
Why things are this way,
And having fun this way,
Fun, fun, fun fun fun this way.....
Very ⁴, robbak!