1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:47 am UTC

Prediction: We're about to learn the Beanish word for Rabtor!

Decree: Just keep up the good work hunting wabbits!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

rjs

Postby rjs » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:52 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:I guess we would just need fairly neutral accents. The astronomical evidence points to the central east coast of the USA so mild American accents would be fine. Don't think I can pull off American that well and while yappobiscuits has an awesome accent it doesn't fit the setting.

Don't worry about the accents so much, if it is set in the US it's ~12,000 years in the future, so accents will have changed dramatically anyway. Plus, whatever accent we read the text in is the right accent; I certainly don't read cueguan with a US accent (I guess I read them with a neutral accent, or possibly just mine).

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:54 am UTC

partingLance wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:
Rule110 wrote:Maybe this place is like Myst Island. If they'd found the telescope buried under the sand castle near the hut, they could put it in the transit, then aim it at the coordinates carved in code on the baobab tree. That would give them a sight on a hidden button on a rock slope, that opens a chamber with a linking book in it.

As long as they don't see this:
Spoiler:
That game gave me the creeps...

Creepy, is right. I played that game (as well as the subsequent four), but never saw/found that little Easter egg, as the EW article calls it.

For sheer creepiness, though -- or an unnerving combination of creepiness and tedium -- nothing in the "official" games, for my money, rivalled the "Ages Beyond Myst" game (was the full title "Uru: Ages Beyond Myst"? I may have partly repressed the memory). Trudging around poorly-lit caverns in that ghastly underground city. I found that so unpleasant I eventually quit altogether; didn't even both looking online for hints.

{P1019}
TRMO "Under (or Beneath) A Steel Sky" - a detective story where you had to wander around the city collecting clues - but it rained the whole time. Relentlessly miserable. I enjoyed it.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 am UTC

BUNBUNONG

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:04 am UTC

*waits for the rabtor to morph into a bird*
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1011

Postby azule » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:I haven't given up much - and the main thing I haven't given up is making this:
Spoiler:
Its nearly finished!
Just need to make the [more permanent] desk supports and the bi-fold door
Yay! I've been waiting to see more progress on this.
I'm not sure what the desk support is or where bi-fold doors would go, but I'll be happy to see it.
It's beautiful#, BTW. :)

#Beautiful woodwork. ;)

P.S. Where do you climb up to the bed?
Last edited by azule on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:*waits for the rabtor to morph into a bird*

Woohoo!
(Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "molpy up")

And happy 1700th, BlitzGirl! I made you a cake, but I can't seem to find i-
Randalldammit! This is what happens when you let your redundakitties loose all over the chirpin' place! *sigh*
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Cake Time!

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 am UTC

Happy 1700th, BlitzGirl!
(Been messing around with my Tumblr theme's source code. Tell me about unreachable code.)
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh! A real live rabtor! And not just a bird that looks like a rabtor! Image

*Kat* wrote:(very blind post)

I think I know what we are waiting for!

Long theory short: We are waiting for someone to say, ''It's a Small world after all"!

Too late.

No, I mean in the comic.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:
ucim wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:So I finally got round to doing something I said I'd do well before the raptorcat attack:
Portal 2 Present Present (EDIT: Teething problems)
ImageIf you don't own Portal 2, it's currently 50% off in the steam summer sale, but a guarantee it will be 75% off at some point during the sale. I'll make some noise when it is, and maybe even add part 2 to celebrate.
For anyone who doesn't own portal 2 || (inclusive or) is too busy to play the map, here's a video playthrough I made! Over to the youtubes! Image
What in the chirp was that?

Seriously - my brain is inside out now. It looks like you're supposed to go through those flaming holes holding a love cube in front of you while shooting things at random and sending electricity out your nose.

Hmmm... pope again. Decree: Describe that portal 2 thing coherently and meaningfully in as few words as possible, as part of a post about other things.

Jose

It would seem we have a newcomer to the portal continuum. Allow me to explain things as best as possible:

- The main mechanic of the game is the "Flaming holes," a.k.a. portals. One is orange, the other is blue - go in one, come out the other. Simple as that. It makes a lot more sense if you play the game yourself, believe me. Oh, and you also retain your momentum when doing so, hence the wildly flying across the room.
- Cubes facilitate puzzles. Most portal-style puzzles involve getting one or more cubes from one place to another, usually a button of some kind. The "love cube" is a companion cube, which is passed off in the first game as a sentient amigo and is heavily implied to be the center of one of the side characters' crazed fantasies. It's sort of a meme.
- The "shooting" and "electricity" comes from the Portalgun, or Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device - the machine that creates the portals. It sends balls of mystical energy when you click which happen to create portals when they hit the wall. It's science!
- The crazed man talking nonsense at the beginning of the video is Cave Johnson. He owns the place. He's talking about alternate universes because of the Perpetual Testing Initiative, a multiverse-encompassing plan by Aperture on Earth Prime to leverage their multiverse technology to outsource their labor and expenses. It's generally very silly.

Thanks for the nice summary. I never played Portal, but your explanations basically confirmed what I figured out in other places. However, I'd like to know how OTC-specific HES' level4 is
spoiler about the portal level
Spoiler:
e.g., are there any other OTC references besides the sandcastle-mosaicked walls?

cellocgw wrote:ETA: here's one of my outside interests. I heavily customized a Saga kit.
Fascinating! Image

Oh, and happy 1700, BlitzGirl!

ETA spoiler
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

AluisioASG

We Fade Away

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:09 am UTC

In honor of newpixbot, I wait.
Molpy down.
Selecting new quote…

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am UTC

FAULTFINDONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 am UTC

Hmm... why can't I edit posts on this forum?
davean?
Selecting new quote…

*Kat*

Postby *Kat* » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:22 am UTC

So I'm finally getting around to studying the new language and I'm wondering if its not actually an obscure form of short hand?

Edit:
like this one
Spoiler:

Edit 2: More shorthand
Spoiler:

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:30 am UTC

Molpy up!
ChronosDragon wrote:
HES wrote:So I finally got round to doing something I said I'd do well before the raptorcat attack:
Spoiler:
If you don't own Portal 2, it's currently 50% off in the steam summer sale, but a guarantee it will be 75% off at some point during the sale. I'll make some noise when it is, and maybe even add part 2 to celebrate.
For anyone who doesn't own portal 2 || (inclusive or) is too busy to play the map, here's a video playthrough I made! Over to the youtubes! Image

I had recorded it yesterday too but I had to coma before it got uploaded. Of course someone else has posted it instead. :D
Still, I will put it here, I made a few things slightly differently. Also, it's my second run, the first one would be like 15 or 20 minutes long. What blew my mind in your solution was that you can
Spoiler:
actually just jump on that platform with button without using portals. I swear I have tried that but I just fell down, so I was using portals to get there since then. :mrgreen:
Also a little explanation for those who don't know Portal 2 - no, you can't get more cubes by pushing the button again, the first one is always destroyed when you do that. I did it just because it was faster way to get the cube (since I've stupidly placed the portals somewhere else before I got the original cube)

So here's my walkthrough video

Edit: And sorry for the low framerate, it was because I was recording. I'm glad my laptop can run the game itself...
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:02 am UTC

Still walkONG
Edit: Doublepost? What's with you guys? Everyone in coma?
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

HES

Re: 20²

Postby HES » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am UTC

Thanks for the cake, mscha, and thanks for the portalpraise :) I'm too busy this wix but have lots of ideas I want to get done. Stay tuned...

yappobiscuits wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:For anyone who doesn't own portal 2 || (inclusive or) is too busy to play the map, here's a video playthrough I made! Over to the youtubes! Image

4! Your annotations/subtitles had me giggling enormously too :mrgreen:

Not as much as I was giggling watching him fail at my unintentional red-herringmolpy. Thanks for doing this, chronos (and NoMouse). It would be a bit chirp if I sped through it myself (That fling is really easy if you know how (i.e. designed it) :P )

yappobiscuits wrote:
akacat wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Yesssss the little hatssssss

...are you perchance a fan of Questionable Content?

Indeed, I'm glad someone got the reference :P

Thaaats where I know it from :D

ChronosDragon wrote:And because the decree is to have it be a post about other things: I have a new DragonDashery! For Earthling On Mars, he requested an extraterrestrial hat so: I hatted him with Saturn. It seemed appropriate.
:lol: Galaxies with galaxy hats, turtles with turtle hats, planets with planet hats, hats with hat hats, I love this thread.

rjs wrote:(I guess I read them with a neutral accent, or possibly just mine).

I tend to (wrongly) consider those to be one and the same
He/Him/His Image

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:
ucim wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
ImageIf you don't own Portal 2, it's currently 50% off in the steam summer sale, but a guarantee it will be 75% off at some point during the sale. I'll make some noise when it is, and maybe even add part 2 to celebrate.
What in the chirp was that?

Seriously - my brain is inside out now. It looks like you're supposed to go through those flaming holes holding a love cube in front of you while shooting things at random and sending electricity out your nose.

Hmmm... pope again. Decree: Describe that portal 2 thing coherently and meaningfully in as few words as possible, as part of a post about other things.

Jose

It would seem we have a newcomer to the portal continuum. Allow me to explain things as best as possible:

- The main mechanic of the game is the "Flaming holes," a.k.a. portals. One is orange, the other is blue - go in one, come out the other. Simple as that. It makes a lot more sense if you play the game yourself, believe me. Oh, and you also retain your momentum when doing so, hence the wildly flying across the room.
- Cubes facilitate puzzles. Most portal-style puzzles involve getting one or more cubes from one place to another, usually a button of some kind. The "love cube" is a companion cube, which is passed off in the first game as a sentient amigo and is heavily implied to be the center of one of the side characters' crazed fantasies. It's sort of a meme.
- The "shooting" and "electricity" comes from the Portalgun, or Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device - the machine that creates the portals. It sends balls of mystical energy when you click which happen to create portals when they hit the wall. It's science!
- The crazed man talking nonsense at the beginning of the video is Cave Johnson. He owns the place. He's talking about alternate universes because of the Perpetual Testing Initiative, a multiverse-encompassing plan by Aperture on Earth Prime to leverage their multiverse technology to outsource their labor and expenses. It's generally very silly.

Thanks for the nice summary. I never played Portal, but your explanations basically confirmed what I figured out in other places. However, I'd like to know how OTC-specific HES' level4 is; e.g.,
Spoiler:
are there any other OTC references besides the sandcastle-mosaicked walls?
Map spoiler:
Spoiler:
These two walls and the two captions 'Molpy up' and 'Wait for it' - yes, they're in the game, it was not added in post-production.
Last edited by NoMouse on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 am UTC

Another doublepostONG

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Thanks for the nice summary. I never played Portal, but your explanations basically confirmed what I figured out in other places. However, I'd like to know how OTC-specific HES' level

Can the portal spoilers be spoilered? Thanks.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:37 am UTC

SBN wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Thanks for the nice summary. I never played Portal, but your explanations basically confirmed what I figured out in other places. However, I'd like to know how OTC-specific HES' level

Dunno, but I know some pretty nice sports cars that come with spoilers. :mrgreen:
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 am UTC

SBN wrote:

Sorry, I didn't think about that. I edited my above post. Maybe NoMouse can edit my quote in his post and his answer, too.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

akacat

Re: Entropy Cake

Postby akacat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:44 am UTC

CasCat wrote:As of this posting, you're at 99. So by the time you see this, you'll probably be at 100. So, preemptively -- happy hundredth!

Thank you! :D

yappobiscuits wrote:Post number 456! I like consecutive numbers like that. Also, Torchwood: Children of Earth reference.
akacat wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Yesssss the little hatssssss

...are you perchance a fan of Questionable Content?

Indeed, I'm glad someone got the reference :P

I'm glad someone else is a fan of that most excellent comic.

yappobiscuits wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:For anyone who doesn't own portal 2 || (inclusive or) is too busy to play the map, here's a video playthrough I made! Over to the youtubes! Image

4! Your annotations/subtitles had me giggling enormously too :mrgreen:

That was my favorite part. Especially, perhaps, the self-deprecating bits about the missed trap-door in the ceiling. Probably because that's exactly the sort of thing I'd miss.

ChronosDragon wrote:And because the decree is to have it be a post about other things: I have a new DragonDashery! For Earthling On Mars, he requested an extraterrestrial hat so: I hatted him with Saturn. It seemed appropriate.

That is a truly awesome hat.

ChronosDragon wrote:
taixzo wrote:Is it possible to get Portal other than through Steam? (I prefer making one-time purchases of things like that rather than creating accounts.)

No, all Valve games require a steam account.

But trust me, steam isn't the sort of thing you regret making an account for. At the very least you can join a few of us OTTers there ;)

Isn't the original Portal still available in the Orange Box? Or does it still require a Steam account to play?

And now, just so it doesn't look like I'm just fangirling all over other OTTers, would anyone care to weigh in on the possible meaning of the punchline of this Outside comic? It's driving me crazy. And while that is a fairly short drive, I do need to get home to do some chores.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:54 am UTC

rjs wrote:
Latent22 wrote:I guess we would just need fairly neutral accents. The astronomical evidence points to the central east coast of the USA so mild American accents would be fine. Don't think I can pull off American that well and while yappobiscuits has an awesome accent it doesn't fit the setting.

Don't worry about the accents so much, if it is set in the US it's ~12,000 years in the future, so accents will have changed dramatically anyway. Plus, whatever accent we read the text in is the right accent; I certainly don't read cueguan with a US accent (I guess I read them with a neutral accent, or possibly just mine).

Yeah your probably right any neutral accent will be fine. So your not volunteering? ;)

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:55 am UTC

akacat wrote:Isn't the original Portal still available in the Orange Box? Or does it still require a Steam account to play?

All Valve games require Steam, regardless of whether you bought a physical or digital copy.

This is not a problem for me, Steam is amazing.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

NetWeasel

Postby NetWeasel » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:PointONG out the rabtor:
Spoiler:
Looks like the Beanies are better at detecting molpies than Cuegan usually is.

Slowly de-coma-ing...

Argh! How can a Beanie point at something hard to see, AND NOT SAY WHAT HE SAW?????

I really thought that one was universal -- if you're with other people and you're the first to spot something, you point and IDENTIFY what you're pointing at. For example:

IceIsNice wrote:We have Molpy activity just to the right of center!
Spoiler:
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 pm UTC

akacat wrote:And now, just so it doesn't look like I'm just fangirling all over other OTTers, would anyone care to weigh in on the possible meaning of the punchline of this Outside comic? It's driving me crazy. And while that is a fairly short drive, I do need to get home to do some chores.

It appears to be expressing the sentiment that what's really wrong with American culture is that people don't shoot off fireworks all night, all year 'round. :? :? :?

redundant
Spoiler:
mondaysblitzer.png
mondaysblitzer.png (10.35 KiB) Viewed 9781 times
Last edited by Rule110 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:10 pm UTC

GLARONGNESSES...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:27 pm UTC

The upcoming ledge will allow Cuegan and the Beanies to compare physical strength and athleticism. This information could come in handy if things ever break down between them. *Cueball remembers that Beanie-2 favored his right knee while climbing the ledge, so he attacks there first.*
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:35 pm UTC

Blindposting to say: Thank you for the hat, ChronosDragon! I was hoping you'd do something like that. :D

IceIsNice

Postby IceIsNice » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:51 pm UTC

spamjam wrote:
IceIsNice wrote:I've been hunting for a few weeks, determined to find a molpy. It is a most satisfying accomplishment. Now I can coma happily.

Kinda like being a comet hunter.

It might be an overstatement to call it the proudest moment of my life, but it's at least the proudest moment of my evening.

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh! A real live rabtor!

I was considering calling it a rabbimolp, but that brought some weird images to mind. Best not go there. Rabtor works for me. Especially considering its clearly deadly nature.
Hi! Probably.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:10 pm UTC

THRIVONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

edo

Postby edo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

mikro2nd wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:GNO

GNO's not ONG?

Ha. I see what you did there.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

suzi

Postby suzi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 pm UTC

Thought of something inane. A quick google search for "longest forum thread"1 gives lots of varying results, but I'm wondering if the OTT could make a run for it. The longest one I found up is entirely about being the longest thread ever, which is sorta dumb. The OTT has a much nobler purpose.

pitareio

Postby pitareio » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:50 pm UTC

suzi wrote:Thought of something inane. A quick google search for "longest forum thread"1 gives lots of varying results, but I'm wondering if the OTT could make a run for it. The longest one I found up is entirely about being the longest thread ever, which is sorta dumb. The OTT has a much nobler purpose.

Well, one thing at a time : this thread still has quite some way to go before it is the longest on xkcd forums alone.

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

pitareio wrote:
suzi wrote:Thought of something inane. A quick google search for "longest forum thread"1 gives lots of varying results, but I'm wondering if the OTT could make a run for it. The longest one I found up is entirely about being the longest thread ever, which is sorta dumb. The OTT has a much nobler purpose.

Well, one thing at a time : this thread still has quite some way to go before it is the longest on xkcd forums alone.

If you defined it as "longest purposeful, (vaguely) on topic forum thread", we'd be higher on either list.
As for best subculture in a forum thread, our lack of refusal to acknowledge any flame wars is a rare thing on the interwebs these days, and we are just generally awesome Image
He/Him/His Image

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 pm UTC

That, sir, is a BRILLIANT hat.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

It must be the weekONGd
Injured leg forward, by the looks of things. Careful Megan!
Edited to link to MAL (mscha's awesome list)
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

HES wrote:
pitareio wrote:

If you defined it as "longest purposeful, (vaguely) on topic forum thread", we'd be higher on either list.
As for best subculture in a forum thread, our lack of refusal to acknowledge any flame wars is a rare thing on the interwebs these days, and we are just generally awesome Image

I don't think we refuse to acknowledge flame wars, I think we have truly not had any. We've had a couple attempted trolls, and a little bit of upset, but we've not had anything approaching a war. We do tend to discourage disagreement more than we should, out of fear of flames, but those disagreements we have had have generally been handled with humor and good-nature. I do think we win the friendliest thread award.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

suzi

Postby suzi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

pitareio wrote:

WHAT THE CHIRP IS THAT!!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”