1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:33 am UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Prediction: There will soon be a cut or fade to La petite showing her standing atop a dam barely protecting the cuegan's from the flood.

Actually, that's a good prediction. The present scene (Act II, as several have named it) could end dramatically with the revelation that Megball's home is already underwater; we could then cut back to la Petite and (in Act III) learn how ─ if ─ the Forty escape from the water, warned by the little girl who saw a sand castle washed away. Sound reasonable°
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 am UTC

SPACKlick wrote:Prediction: There will soon be a cut or fade to La petite showing her standing atop a dam barely protecting the cuegan's from the flood.

Not atop: She's on the dry side, sticking her finger into a hole to prevent complete collapse. (back to the Netherlands theory :mrgreen: )

She's doing well until a trebuchet shot goes astray, knocking her senseless. The hole widens, the water rushes through. Thus ends Time.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 am UTC

New theory and prediction:
This was the planned end of the OTC, but since BlitzGirl isn't here Randall decided to draw it out until she's back. In drawing it out he starts a new story arc with Quegan helping their folk to move away from the rising sea. The people who already live close to where they move to will not like their moving and start a war. Queball dies while trying to save Megan from a life in slavery. Megan will die while giving birth to the child of her owner. Thus ends Time.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:36 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:It doesn't matter anymore... :\

"Mama, I killed a molpy today,..."

Put a trebuchet against its head
Yanked the cord and off he fled
Mama, ooh ooh oh ooh
Didn't mean to make him fly
if we just wait he might come back tomorrow.

May do a full filk on this later...

Gedeon

Postby Gedeon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:39 am UTC

Good morning!

Spoiler:
beaniecastle.jpg

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:42 am UTC

Nilpferdschaf wrote:
edfel wrote:Btw, if the mediterranean has dried out, then can we conclude that semencancercaffeinatedbaconbabiesonice/sand is actually... salt? has the hypothesis already been up during the first ages?
Can someone build large structures in salt?

It's probably very sandy salt and old plastik with a lot of dead organic material underneath, not sure if that's a good sand castle building material, but people have made salt sculptures. Maybe if you mix it with a bit of water the cristals fuse together...? The ones you find online don't look nearly as big as their castle though.

Or... it's ACTUALLY semencancercaffeinatedbaconbabiesonicesandsalt !!!
It's about time.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am UTC

Should I post that I am at Beacon Beta when I am Schitzo-ketchupping?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 am UTC

I'd say "called it" but Cuegan going back to warn The Forty was pretty much obvious.

Assuming The Forty haven't already been washed away, per someone looking ill.

Are the Beanies rebuilding Chateau D'If to protect themselves from the swarms of desperate refugees coming from the Med basin...? (I hope for their sakes they also know how to make boats, because otherwise they'll have a hard time getting provisions from the mainland; probably not a lot of farmland on that island....)
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:I think Rosetta is trying to figure out how to tell Megball their home is already flooded, and isn't enjoying it.

Neil_Boekend wrote:I feel sad for BlitzGirl, she has spend so much time here and now she's away to be a bridesmaid all this exposition appears. She even misses the deciphering of Hairdo's words, while she spend so much time indexing Beanie.

We knew it would happen ─ every time BlitzGirl leaves, the mustard hits the fan. When she announced she'll be away for an extended period, we knew the mustard would get deeper than usual.
────────────────
By the way: New Othercomic. According to quantum mechanics, it's not worth reading.
EDIT: Ninja'd (appropriately enough) by higgs-boson.
Chirpin' comic's up for hours and nobody says a word, then we both post within three minutes...

Interestingly, I can't get to the other comic by just going to xkcd.com, that still gives me 1239.
I think their home (or at least the hill people's home) hasn't yet flooded, but the way home has, so they have to take a different route.
Per decree, and because we need more wolpy pictures.
Spoiler:
swimming.JPG
My 3 wolpies enjoying a swim.
swimming.JPG (50.24 KiB) Viewed 13293 times
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am UTC

cellocgw wrote:

Not atop: She's on the dry side, sticking her finger into a hole to prevent complete collapse. (back to the Netherlands theory :mrgreen: )

She's doing well until a trebuchet shot goes astray, knocking her senseless. The hole widens, the water rushes through. Thus ends Time.

Those things LaPetite was dragging in during the whiteout were watertight barrels from the collectors' stockpile, which she has used to convert Cuegan's timber structure into a raft. She and the 37 other Cuegans escaped on the raft but were unexpectedly joined by Lucky, with whom they managed to negotiate an uneasy fish-sharing arrangement.

Spoiler:
My very own redundapuppy, no longer with us but never redundant...
puppyrufus.jpg

Edit: oops, too late for the redundapapal decree! In that case, more predictions please. Tragic, comic or otherwise.

odaiwai

Postby odaiwai » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

cONGsoling

r34ver

Postby r34ver » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

I am [so?] sorry/sorrow? - I think I can see a G in there too? - also there looks to be a beanish question mark above the rightmost W

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

Nilpferdschaf wrote:
edfel wrote:Btw, if the mediterranean has dried out, then can we conclude that semencancercaffeinatedbaconbabiesonice/sand is actually... salt? has the hypothesis already been up during the first ages?
Can someone build large structures in salt?

It's probably very sandy salt and old plastik with a lot of dead organic material underneath, not sure if that's a good sand castle building material, but people have made salt sculptures. Maybe if you mix it with a bit of water the cristals fuse together...? The ones you find online don't look nearly as big as their castle though.

I'll just leave this here. :)

Spoiler:
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:07 pm UTC

r34ver wrote:I am [so?] sorry/sorrow? - I think I can see a G in there too? - also there looks to be a beanish question mark above the rightmost W

Oh, my Randall....She's the Doctor! It all makes sense now! The TARDIS must be malfunctioning, though...

Prediction--Next arc features Cuegan becoming companions.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

The large gray word looks like "sorrow".
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:17 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
r34ver wrote:I am [so?] sorry/sorrow? - I think I can see a G in there too? - also there looks to be a beanish question mark above the rightmost W

Oh, my Randall....She's the Doctor! It all makes sense now! The TARDIS must be malfunctioning, though...

Prediction--Next arc features Cuegan becoming companions.

Yes, and they will get stuck in a parallel dimension. Thus ends Time

he/him/his

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 pm UTC

Oh, dear. Well, that means it's likely the water rise was fast and catastrophic (I don't think you can call it a tsunami, but I'm not sure what to call it... a dam breach, perhaps?) and The Forty have almost certainly been washed away. Cueball and Megan left just in time.

Poor Cuegan.

edo

Postby edo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:21 pm UTC

How to make an epic tale: step 1) kill off everyone the heroes know
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:22 pm UTC

If that is indeed the Chateau d'if, a Cue is much more riverish than we thought, something like 3-4 feet as opposed to 5-6 by my calculations. This makes sense with the size of the furniture I mentioned earlier (perhaps there's a race of seaish people somewhere?), and perhaps it also changes our understanding of the meowlpy attack, among other things. Could someone else do these measurements independently to see if we reach the same conclusion?
Lost forever in time...

Montov

Postby Montov » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:23 pm UTC

LaPetite looked busy enough to have build a raft of some sort. I think they will be allright.
I think Hairdo will ask Cuegan to help with the preparations of the coming flood. Or they will walk to Marseille.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:24 pm UTC

Good mortnernix!
Or maybe more appropriate, after the latest revelations: Bonjourix !

I'd like to congratulate edfel that his map4 was basically proven correct by Rosetta's map3, and for mentioning Château d'If5 before Rosetta told us that the castle is on an ancient island.

Two short replies:
lmjb1964 wrote:Seaish (which I guess is appropriate) description of measuring male elephant seals:
Spoiler:
So, male elephant seals weigh two tons, but can move surprisingly quickly if motivated. So you don't want to annoy them. This was several years ago, so they may have a new method for measuring them, but when I did it, it was a 3-person operation. One person stood in front of the elephant seal, but at a safe distance so the seal didn't feel threatened, and waved their arms to distract the seal. Another person walks up behind the seal with a long measuring stick and tries to hold it up alongside the seal without it noticing. A third person is off to the side with a camera; they take a picture and later use it to determine the length of the seal. I was the person with the measuring stick. It was more than a little alarming when the seal realized you were right behind it, and started looking over its shoulder to see what you were up to. You did NOT want it to turn around and go after you. Very exciting!

BTW, to get the weight, they would bury a mondo scale in the sand. They lured the male into the area by playing female seal sounds, and putting a decoy female on the other side of the scale from the male. He would move in to put the moves on her, and the researchers would hopefully get the weight.

This is how they did it at Año Nuevo State Park. They may have other methods elsewhere...

7, that sounds exciting!

Latent22 wrote:not sure if someone has already posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BemsLUldVAo

2 minute BBC video on when the Mediterranean sea dried up 6 million years ago. Only took 2000 years to dry up so that would put the event that caused it in the 1000 years ago kind of range.

Does anyone know where the speaker might be from, based on his accent? Sounds ε to me...
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:29 pm UTC

:( I'm sorry too, Cuegan.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:32 pm UTC

Some thoughts while reading several pages this morning

On Setting The Technology Clock Back:
If anything seriously disrupts our current state of technology and sets us back to (say) about 1700, there will likely be no possibility of recovering. We have just used up or dispersed too many of the world's resources. In a bit over 100 years we have used up a huge fraction of the available fossil fuels. In order to build a tool you need a simpler tool, but also access to materials. Some of the important metals are becoming rare. Oil production is falling even now. Yet Cugan are 10000 years in the future. Even without a collapse, the tech world we know may not have been possible to sustain so long (without replenishment of some things from asteroids, say). To sustain a civilization like ours you need access in bulk, but dispersion (using chrome on car bumpers, say) makes it nearly impossible to accumulate enough after a collapse.

The current situation with Cugan is that the Med has been evaporating for about 1000 years. There is no technology at their home site, so we can surmise there is no technology anywhere. The population of the world is likely small (less/no farming tech) and dispersed. Tribal rather than city based.

But paper lasts, so not all knowledge would be lost (most likely). Just the ability to exploit it. Read Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban (again). It took me two readings to really grok it.

On Ecology:
The above simply shows the idiocy of pricing natural resources at the cost to extract them, rather than their overall impact on the planet and their future value and best use. It is why we have global warming. Oil/coal is too cheap and the price charged depends on passing on the real costs to everyone else.

On Living Near the Bottom of an Evaporated Mediterranean:
This article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messinian_Salinity_Crisis suggests that the temperature at Cugan's original home might be 80C or 176F (40C below sea level temp). They would have to be pretty tough to survive it.

On the Rate of Filling:
The recent article cited here (from MIT, I think) and this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood) suggests that the basin filled in a few months (not years). The rate of rise would be about 10m (30 feet) per day. You'd better be quick to keep ahead of it. You'd better not get stranded on a local hill. A boat wouldn't help you since you'd have to stay on it for 2 months at least with little chance of resupply.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:38 pm UTC

CasCat wrote:Oh, dear. Well, that means it's likely the water rise was fast and catastrophic (I don't think you can call it a tsunami, but I'm not sure what to call it... a dam breach, perhaps?) and The Forty have almost certainly been washed away. Cueball and Megan left just in time.

If that's what Rosetta is about to tell them, Megan will not accept it. They will likely set off on a rescue mission...
Go Minim go!

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 pm UTC

edo wrote:How to make an epic tale: step 1) kill off everyone the heroes know

In case of G.R.R.Martin: For good measure, kill of some off the heroes, too.

Edit: I remember Matt Ruff doing this, too - I actually liked Ed. There may be a trope. Anyone care for some research? ;-)
Last edited by higgs-boson on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

jjjdavidson

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

At least, living in tents, they have no established homes to be lost in the waters. On the other hand: "Your irreplaceable classic Scooby Doo beach pail? Didn't you use it to carry rope down to the beach? We didn't have time to go after it..."

charlie_grumbles wrote:On the Rate of Filling:
The recent article cited here (from MIT, I think) and this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood) suggests that the basin filled in a few months (not years). The rate of rise would be about 10m (30 feet) per day. You'd better be quick to keep ahead of it. You'd better not get stranded on a local hill. A boat wouldn't help you since you'd have to stay on it for 2 months at least with little chance of resupply.

Of course, here we are at the mercy of Randall's imagination, since we don't know the mechanism of the Atlantic's breakthrough. He could easily choose a rate of flood that provides enough time for the Forty to escape, but enough urgency to keep up dramatic tension.
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 pm UTC

I think a boat will help if you have at least two people in your party. One goes ashore for supplies while the other keeps the boat nearby and stays with the advancing tide allowing you to disembark without fear of being stranded.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Some thoughts while reading several pages this morning

If anything seriously disrupts our current state of technology and sets us back to (say) about 1700, there will likely be no possibility of recovering. We have just used up or dispersed too many of the world's resources. In a bit over 100 years we have used up a huge fraction of the available fossil fuels. In order to build a tool you need a simpler tool, but also access to materials. Some of the important metals are becoming rare. Oil production is falling even now. Yet Cugan are 10000 years in the future. Even without a collapse, the tech world we know may not have been possible to sustain so long (without replenishment of some things from asteroids, say). To sustain a civilization like ours you need access in bulk, but dispersion (using chrome on car bumpers, say) makes it nearly impossible to accumulate enough after a collapse.
[snip]

That's not entirely true. The Netherlands recycles almost anything (the main trash disposal company has the tagline "Afval bestaat niet" (Trash doesn't exist)). We do not have the space to bury our trash and the EU doesn't allow us to export it. So we kind of have to.
If the recycle lines are properly set up you can reuse a lot. With some upgrades in recycle tech that becomes almost anything.
Metals are reused. Nobody makes steel without old iron in it.
Most plastic is recycled here.
Paper is recycled into new paper.
Someone seems to have found a way to recycle juice cartons and other layered materials with aluminium in it, for it's picked up for free. Normal trash costs a lot to have picked up.

So assuming the rest of the world grows up (I am not saying there are no countries further in recycling than we are) there may be materials enough to supply humans for the next megayear.
If we are going to build a space elevator and send significant fractions of our materials into space without mining asteroids that equation changes significantly.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:That's not entirely true. The Netherlands recycles almost anything (the main trash disposal company has the tagline "Afval bestaat niet" (Trash doesn't exist)). We do not have the space to bury our trash and the EU doesn't allow us to export it. So we kind of have to.
If the recycle lines are properly set up you can reuse a lot. With some upgrades in recycle tech that becomes almost anything.
Someone seems to have found a way to recycle juice cartons and other layered materials with aluminium in it, for it's picked up for free. Normal trash costs a lot to have picked up.

New Netherlands: It's not just a What-If, It's also a good idea.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Swein

Postby Swein » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:At least, living in tents, they have no established homes to be lost in the waters. On the other hand: "Your irreplaceable classic Scooby Doo beach pail? Didn't you use it to carry rope down to the beach? We didn't have time to go after it..."

Of course, here we are at the mercy of Randall's imagination, since we don't know the mechanism of the Atlantic's breakthrough. He could easily choose a rate of flood that provides enough time for the Forty to escape, but enough urgency to keep up dramatic tension.

Given a constant flow from the Atlantic, the sea level would raise dramatically at first and then, when the sea get bigger, gradually raise slower. On the other hand the flow should begin with a trickle and then gradually increase, as the "dam" erodes. Question is which effect is biggest. Lets for Cuegans sake hope that it is the latter... :cry:
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:That's not entirely true. The Netherlands recycles almost anything (the main trash disposal company has the tagline "Afval bestaat niet" (Trash doesn't exist)). We do not have the space to bury our trash and the EU doesn't allow us to export it. So we kind of have to.

But a lot of that depends on already having a high tech society with a concentrated population. Could you do this with 1700's tech? In a dispersed population? If you lose cities, and much of the machine-tool infrastructure it is devilishly difficult to get it back.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

CasCat

FloodONG

Postby CasCat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:01 pm UTC

Ong
Spoiler:

Ninja'd by CasCat.

ETA: / in the closing spoiler tag
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:03 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

he/him/his

Lawsome

Postby Lawsome » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I GOT AN ONG I GOT AN ONG

edit: I MISSED AN ONG I MISSED AN ONG
Spoiler:
Quizatzhaderac wrote:
Rosewinsall wrote:DOWN WITH CERTAINTY!

Are you certain of that?

Moose Anus wrote:I let my wife think I'm watching porn in the bathroom late at night, but I'm really playing Dwarf Fortress instead.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Some thoughts while reading several pages this morning

[snip]

That's not entirely true. The Netherlands recycles almost anything (the main trash disposal company has the tagline "Afval bestaat niet" (Trash doesn't exist)). We do not have the space to bury our trash and the EU doesn't allow us to export it. So we kind of have to.

Your German neigbours aren't that lucky. They invented a system "Duales System", which, in one sentence, charges the consumer for recycling the used packaging and transfers more than 2/3 of the recycled materials to heat creation facilities. Yes. They seem to burn well enough. This neighbour is the one with "Dosenpfand", recycling every bottle or can for fizzy drinks. I'm not sure if the overall costs would justify this.

So, Charlie may have a point. The easy access is gone. Even coal, both brown and stone, isn't reached as easily as before, making industrialisation a bit more difficult. I guess we still would develop technology. But it would look different.

Where's the Red Button to give it a try and thus end time?
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

When we discovered the sea was #### (seeping?) under the bank we tried to shore it up.

We failed.

We tried to remove everybody from the basin but we did not know of your tribe (group)

-----

Whoops....

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:

But a lot of that depends on already having a high tech society with a concentrated population. Could you do this with 1700's tech? In a dispersed population? If you lose cities, and much of the machine-tool infrastructure it is devilishly difficult to get it back.

That's the part that caused me to insert "entirely" *smug look*

he/him/his

VioletSkies

Postby VioletSkies » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

I've been following this comic (and thus this thread) since the beginning of Time... and I must say, the new turn of events have me saddened and amazined at the depth and breadth of this comic.

Lawsome

Postby Lawsome » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm UTC

When we discovered (?) the sea was rising (?) under the bank we tried to shore it up

We FAILED (?)

We TRIED (?) to remove everybody from the [something]

But we (?) did not KNOW of your group
Spoiler:
Quizatzhaderac wrote:
Rosewinsall wrote:DOWN WITH CERTAINTY!

Are you certain of that?

Moose Anus wrote:I let my wife think I'm watching porn in the bathroom late at night, but I'm really playing Dwarf Fortress instead.

Gedeon

Postby Gedeon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm UTC

CasCat wrote:When we discovered the sea was #### (seeping?) under the bank we tried to shore it up.

We failed.

We tried to remove everybody from the basin but we did not know of your tribe (group)

-----

Whoops....

the sea was joining (flowing) :wink:

Also: bank (berm)
Last edited by Gedeon on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”