1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Quick! Emergency adorable molpy gif!
Spoiler:

B...but it only says "image"! I need my adorable molpy fix!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:MOLPY MOLPY MOLPY!
That's almost at 1000 views! Let's get it up there, guys!
If it's one of the molpies we've met in the past, just popping out as a sort of final epilogue, I'll be crying all over again.

I did my part. I just watched it twice, in the hopes that it helps bring our molpy into view.*

*And fingers crossed that it isn't a stuttering pig, "Tha...tha...tha...t's -" ---Sory. Don't want to finish that quote.

It occurs to me at some point in time I'm going to have ketchup on NPs 1244-1260-sh at some point.

Every time I hit submit tonip there's 5-10 posts.....
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Here is the fixed version :)

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

Whew, Latent22 helped avert the emergency. That was close.

Just over half a newpix to go until the next ONG...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

Whew, thanks, crisis averted. Aww, molpy.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

:idea: Prediction: Fade to white. LaPetite enters in the last frame(s). :D
It's about time.

edfel

Postby edfel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

Looks like the volume 1 of Time has reached an end... I'm fervently hopping for a sequel: you know, GLR takes some vacations, He programs a script to make the water and raft move and rise slowly, half a pixel per half a pixel. And when the frame is plain black, when everyone's saying "this time it's definitely the end"... white text appears: "15 months later" with titlealtsub-text "Wait some more".

Anyway, now's definitely the time to post the OTC narrative chart update (see also a riverish map update)

Spoiler:
timeline.png

End or no end: spending Time here has been and might remain one of the awesomefulmost stuff to do thanks to the interwebs... thanks y'all for all this!
[about keeping this thread vs moving elsewhere: we stay here if we're allowed to, but I'm sure that if we need to move, we'll find a great place to ramble around... and that place should really not be facebook IMO.]
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

Flado wrote:Molpy alert in the bush on the right.

rmcurtis wrote:But molpy alert, right side!

mscha wrote:Molpy Alert!!1!

It's funny that we all used the exact same phrase. Image Maybe we've been here too long...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

libra wrote:One request.

Please, somebody, keep the lights going until it is the very end, and the newpix stop refreshing. Keep Aubronwood and Geekwagon refreshing, and keep them going when their maintainers want them to stop.

Not until you reach a frame that doesn't refresh after two hours, three, four, would I be satisfied that this really is The End.

3100 frames could be it. But nobody will know until at least, say, 01:00 or 02:00. If the frames haven't refreshed by that time, THEN we'll know.

Most likely.

Ahem. Newpixbot is the one you should invest your hopes in. Geekwagon may be less heretical now, but that doesn't make it accurate. Just sayin'.

ETA (to avoid double-post): Nah, we're here not nearly long enough, MScha!
Last edited by Flado on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

fatness

Postby fatness » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

Should it become necessary to leave on our own uncharted journey, timewaiters.com has been registered and server space with phpBB and a couple other forum options (Simple Machines, MyBB, etc.) is available. I will be happy to make this available gratis but someone besides me will have to moderate it.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:

Try what I just did: Right-click in the "image" box and select "copy", open a new tab and "paste" the url into the address bar. Hopefully you'll get the gif at the site she linked to.

Edit
ninja'd by Latent22.

Yep, Ninjas are still around.
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

edfel wrote:Looks like the volume 1 of Time has reached an end... I'm fervently hopping for a sequel: you know, GLR takes some vacations, He programs a script to make the water and raft move and rise slowly, half a pixel per half a pixel. And when the frame is plain black, when everyone's saying "this time it's definitely the end"... white text appears: "15 months later" with titlealtsub-text "Wait some more".

Anyway, now's definitely the time to post the OTC narrative chart update (see also a riverish map update)

Spoiler:
timeline.png

End or no end: spending Time here has been and might remain one of the awesomefulmost stuff to do thanks to the interwebs... thanks y'all for all this!
[about keeping this thread vs moving elsewhere: we stay here if we're allowed to, but I'm sure that if we need to move, we'll find a great place to ramble around... and that place should really not be facebook IMO.]

Awesome chart!
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

fatness wrote:Should it become necessary to leave on our own uncharted journey, timewaiters.com has been registered and server space with phpBB and a couple other forum options (Simple Machines, MyBB, etc.) is available. I will be happy to make this available gratis but someone besides me will have to moderate it.

Hm. Maybe as a last resort; after all, if we remain in an obscure website, we'll never grow. Only shrink. And eventually, "Time" will end for real. We don't want that.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

Flado wrote:ETA (to avoid double-post)

You'd be hard pressed to double post right now. This needle-pulled thing is zipping along like a molpy on mustard...
He/Him/His Image

fatness

Postby fatness » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
fatness wrote:Should it become necessary to leave on our own uncharted journey, timewaiters.com has been registered and server space with phpBB and a couple other forum options (Simple Machines, MyBB, etc.) is available. I will be happy to make this available gratis but someone besides me will have to moderate it.

Hm. Maybe as a last resort; after all, if we remain in an obscure website, we'll never grow. Only shrink. And eventually, "Time" will end for real. We don't want that.

Pretty much my take on it but it's there if needed.

xpatiate

Postby xpatiate » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

Oh. Oh wow. I was expecting The End to come soon but it's still a surprise :(

I dreamed last night that the final panel of the OTC was a personal statement from Randall, answering all our questions about how why when and talking about the process. I'll still hold out some hope for that (or at least some commentary in some form at some point). In the meantime though it's nice to see the raft bobbing up and down ... not as a brutal as a simple absence of ONG.

I'm blindposting from where I left off at coma time last night, so have probably missed all sorts of discussion about ways to say thanks and show our appreciation. I'll be going back to ketchup now, but first I'd just like to make a suggestion that anybody feeling a sudden lack of science and nautical intrigue in their lives should go to http://www.oldweather.org/ and transcribe some weather observations from old ship logbooks. It's a project that will help build better climate models and maybe improve our understanding of our own issues with rising sea levels. Seems like a fitting tribute to me.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

edfel wrote:Anyway, now's definitely the time to post the OTC narrative chart update (see also a riverish map update)
Spoiler:

⁴ chart (and map) update, edfel!
Nitpick: how did “the 6” travel back in time a little? Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

xpatiate wrote:Oh. Oh wow. I was expecting The End to come soon but it's still a surprise :(

I dreamed last night that the final panel of the OTC was a personal statement from Randall, answering all our questions about how why when and talking about the process. I'll still hold out some hope for that (or at least some commentary in some form at some point). In the meantime though it's nice to see the raft bobbing up and down ... not as a brutal as a simple absence of ONG.
Spoiler:
I'm blindposting from where I left off at coma time last night, so have probably missed all sorts of discussion about ways to say thanks and show our appreciation. I'll be going back to ketchup now, but first I'd just like to make a suggestion that anybody feeling a sudden lack of science and nautical intrigue in their lives should go to http://www.oldweather.org/ and transcribe some weather observations from old ship logbooks. It's a project that will help build better climate models and maybe improve our understanding of our own issues with rising sea levels. Seems like a fitting tribute to me.

Or a Blag post, that would be nice.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

You know once he stops updating the frames we will just have one hour to make a manual manip and post it. Then we just have to keep enough of us online to keep that going every hour... forever... (may have to train our children to keep it going though)

edo

Postby edo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
edfel wrote:Anyway, now's definitely the time to post the OTC narrative chart update (see also a riverish map update)
Spoiler:

⁴ chart (and map) update, edfel!
Nitpick: how did “the 6” travel back in time a little? Image
Cueball did too (right in the middle)

I'm heading home folks.. I'll be trapped in my phone for the rest of the evening. Hopefully will see ya'll soon (metaphorically speaking)

as the beanies say, "M32"
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

edfel

Postby edfel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Nitpick: how did “the 6” travel back in time a little? Image

They ran fast enough 8-)
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

Jokern

Postby Jokern » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

Even is this is the end of Time (part 1) it is not the end of the OTT! This gives us (heretic) time to study Time even more! Finish the OTVO? Rule out the few other dates in the milllena surrounding 13000s? Solving beanietalk? Finding out where they are now?
In other words, there's plenty to do!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:You know once he stops updating the frames we will just have one hour to make a manual manip and post it. Then we just have to keep enough of us online to keep that going every hour... forever... (may have to train our children to keep it going though)

Or we can just use children, they have better imaginations and we would still have the suspense of what is happening next :D

Flado

Postby Flado » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

Coma time. Back to NP 818 tomorrow. Time might have (allegedly) ended, but these 419 NPs won't read themselves :| See you y'all!
-

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Latent22 wrote:You know once he stops updating the frames we will just have one hour to make a manual manip and post it. Then we just have to keep enough of us online to keep that going every hour... forever... (may have to train our children to keep it going though)

Or we can just use children, they have better imaginations and we would still have the suspense of what is happening next :D

Yeah but the OTC would just become this:

Flado

Postby Flado » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Just trying a double-post
ETA: HES, you were right.
ETA2: Double-ninja'd, actually: once by Latent22 (so no double post), then by BlitzGirl on the delete attempt. Epic fail.
Last edited by Flado on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
-

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

To be fair, Time would become a more colorful place...
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Good point :/

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

Nobody's leaving until we've solved Beanish.
BlitzGirl, have you got your molpy army guarding all the exits?
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Someguy945

Postby Someguy945 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:

There's probably not a scenario where this is still going 50,000 years from now.

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

Flado wrote:Just trying a double-post

fail
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 pm UTC

mscha wrote:I'm going to repost my end frame again, because, frankly, I think it's better than this.

I like your ending.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:

Infinite monkeys!
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:Yeah but the OTC would just become this:

Weirdly enough, that kinda has MORE details than Randall's originals :P (In the characters and colours anyway, not the background of course)
And LOTS more molpies :mrgreen:

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Infinite monkeys!

Brilliant! I will get some bananas!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Yes, we don't need anyone to just color inside the lines, or to not color the flowers purple with orange dots or whatever.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Nobody's leaving until we've solved Beanish.
BlitzGirl, have you got your molpy army guarding all the exits?

Yep. ImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Latent22 wrote:
Opiboble wrote:

Yes, we don't need anyone to just color inside the lines, or to not color the flowers purple with orange dots or whatever.

Time is all about thinking outside of the outside, so it would fit in rather well.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

Wow.

And I missed it. Typical :(
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Wow.

And I missed it. Typical :(

It's okay *hug*

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”