1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Re: Richard, the Fancy Whale

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 pm UTC

rvloon wrote:That's easy. Just make it alternate between groups. I also would put it in an empty box, or with foreground color == background color. It wouldn't be much of a ninja if you could see them, after all.

BTW, in 1.41 there's something strange with the trebuchets. They are stuck at 'build 0 when 1 is destroyed'. Also, 'No sell' can be bought without spending castles by clicking on the button rather than the 'Buy'. I noticed in the preview that this was supposed to be fixed, but it's not. ETA: current export, so you can debug.

Ronald

The trebuchet issue was already reported and fixed. I hope.
I have a bad track record with checking whether things are bought before they can activate. I should factor that out into the framework...
Neil_Boekend wrote:Castlebuilder:
Hmm, this may be a mustard:
Spoiler:
I have 6 Newpixbots. Before they gave me castles it said 8 of them were active. 4 should have been. And they gave me 8 castles too. Do I have 4 imaginary newpixbots? Do all of my Newpixbots have an imaginary friend? Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?
It's not mustard. I'll leave it as an exercise to figure out why that is intended behaviour.

ETA bwahahaha!
Evil Overlord decree: figure out the above. And click all the redundakitties. And report mustard and colour and OTTify things.
ETA also I finally put a decree back on 1515 which I somehow forgot to do before.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Red Hal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 pm UTC

Newpix 7, Judgement dip level 3, only one Newpixbot. The game is now essentially unplayable, as any castles are destroyed. Oh well. Sell the bot and do it by hand.

P.S. (edit) I don't know why Judgement Dip comes in so soon after a Molpy Down. This is my third attempt at it. Still enjoying the game though, and I'm very appreciative of the hard work that has been put in.

Update: Newpix 8. I am alone. Huey was sold. My plans to keep it company with Dewey and Louie are in tatters. The bots cannot be trusted. They said technology would one day destroy us; I am beginning to think they were right.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

waveney

Postby waveney » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:45 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I have 6 Newpixbots. Before they gave me castles it said 8 of them were active. 4 should have been. And they gave me 8 castles too. Do I have 4 imaginary newpixbots? Do all of my Newpixbots have an imaginary friend? Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Do youhave Doublepost? That activates each npb twice.

You can get imaginary ones "Intruderbots" through time travel - these are generally a good thing apart from surviving the early stages of the Dip.

ETA: @ED - minor (at this moment) gripe - If you use Time travel to go from LongPix to ShortPix, you not only lose the use of a sets of boosts (Doublepost, Active Ninja and furnace crossfeed), it loses the fact you have previously bought them.
Last edited by waveney on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:49 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:I need a chart showing how many of the 300 emails I'm sent each day say, "I'm too lazy to read all these emails, so tell me what they said."
Tell them they all said
Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine.
Jose

No. That one's for me. (Saving Private Ryan reference in case I've m*starded it up.)

Last night I dreamt that I was taking care of a giraffe and it broke its ankle.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

The tides of wallaby thought about marmalade

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:55 pm UTC

Red Hal: hmm maybe I'll fiddle with the balance a bit. But I thought I made it not count the first couple of npbs. I don't remember exactly what I did with that...
Anyhow hopefully Summon Temporal Knights should help placate the bots.

I just had to do a TON of manual clicking to afford the chateau.

ETA I'm considering making an untag button for some rarely used boosts that you don't want cluttering the list. Maybe.
I'm also planning on redesigning notifications as the current system falls down on large volume.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:57 pm UTC

I have 66 castles, it may take a while. I suppose I'll just have to ...
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

Neil_Boekend

Re: Richard, the Fancy Whale

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
It's not mustard. I'll leave it as an exercise to figure out why that is intended behaviour.

Spoiler:
Wow, then my molpy down was more effective than I hoped. Imaginary friends for all my newpixbots! Yaay!

No new What If?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Dorothy, the Clumsy Baker

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote:I have 66 castles, it may take a while. I suppose I'll just have to ...

buy treebuckets?

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wow, then my molpy down was more effective than I hoped. Imaginary friends for all my newpixbots! Yaay!
Hang on, if you
Spoiler:
molpied down then you'd be in shortpix now? So you don't have doublepost. So now something does seem weird to me. Unless you sold some bots, in which case it makes sense again. But there shouldn't be imaginary bots other than from doublepost, which doubles everything. Time travelling bots are real bots.

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

... wait for it. :)

Neil_Boekend

Re: Dorothy, the Clumsy Baker

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Red Hal wrote:I have 66 castles, it may take a while. I suppose I'll just have to ...

buy treebuckets?

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hang on, if you
Spoiler:
molpied down then you'd be in shortpix now? So you don't have doublepost. So now something does seem weird to me. Unless you sold some bots, in which case it makes sense again. But there shouldn't be imaginary bots other than from doublepost, which doubles everything. Time travelling bots are real bots.

Spoiler:
only boost I have is autosave. To bad. I started to like the ImaginaryBots.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Say No to Telepathic Mammals

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:29 pm UTC

rvloon wrote: Also, 'No sell' can be bought without spending castles by clicking on the button rather than the 'Buy'. I noticed in the preview that this was supposed to be fixed, but it's not.

Um, I just tried it myself and it seems pretty fixed. And I looked at your save and it's working fine there.
I re-locked No Sell and clicked the Hide button and it spent sand and castles just as I intended. Maybe you didn't see the castles/sand spent message?

ETA minor version! No code changes. I'm gonna molpy down shortly.

Code: Select all

### 1.43
- New Icons for Fractal Sandcastles, by StormAngel88
- Who did the original image? I'll credit them here if you remind me

(Or just think No)

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

*does the Summon What If dance*
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
What If, What If,

he/him/his

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

I wonder whether the what-if will involve a large asteroid?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:32 pm UTC

@BlitzGirl: awesomeful OtherComic manip!
@ZoomanSP: That is a wingish manip. <3

waveney wrote:I have started Beanie Chapter 2 - but I am a very long way off finishing and I won't start the run until I have the chapter finished (or at least nearly so). I also have the start of Chapter 3 as an idea.

Woooo! I gladly.... [/spoiler] :mrgreen:

Brits. lol

==========
Remember yesterday when Val said she finally started playing Castle Builder? Huh? Finally? Well I chirpin didn't know you had to chirpin save the game yourself (since c**kie clicker auto-saved and that's what I was used to). Chirp. :|
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:*does the Summon What If dance*
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
What If, What If,

It worked. http://what-if.xkcd.com/65/

Edit: fixed link
Last edited by SBN on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 pm UTC

Why does she look like a younger Rosetta to me?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:01 pm UTC

ggh wrote:And in Epilogue news, the latest sequence only lasted 1 day, instead of its usual 2. This would seem to confirm mscha's hypothesis that the sequence is determined by the tens place of the day of the month.
Thanks! I've been keeping track of this and assumed we were in a stable cycle now...but now not. How does this tens place thing work?

BlitzGirl wrote:Because the latest Othercomic needed ottification:
In-My-Pantsing

Title text: Nothing makes "The End" hilarious. Nothing.

Redundant:
That's truly awesomeful. Partly because I was racking my brain and was only on the edge of a probably not good idea for it. Yours was steakish. I hope you don't mind if I add that if there were also a level of symmetry to the background of each frame (the last "good" frame nearly has it) would it not kick it up a notch to match the original. But kudos nonetheless. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Why does she look like a younger Rosetta to me?

Same eyes?

Some Ways to Time

waveney

What can we learn from todip's What If?

Postby waveney » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 pm UTC

Todips What If talks about 26 films called "The Land Before Time".

Now Time began at Newpix 1. This indicates there are 26 time films prequals before time starts, when will we find the first of these?

Also using the logic as used in the what if there should be at least another 26 time films to be made after time, there could even be 2,500 sequals. So Woooo Hoooo there should be more Time.

There are therefore at least another 52 species of Otter to be found.

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:16 pm UTC

That was one of my favorite what ifs yet, just because of the strange directions it took, like the Airplane treadmill blag post, in which we are group #5 by the way.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

Wait wait wait, so I missed last week's What-If?
@SBN: this is who I was talking about:
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:58 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I present you a film:
That was beautifully insane.

balthasar_s wrote:Well, in this film(polish, has subtitles but with some mustard) we tried to measure the solar wind. (At least that's what we tell people we're doing...)
If I ever make a rock video, I want it to be done at your base.

Why is the clock always on its side like that? Does it mean something?!

If I dared watch any more of your vids I'm afraid I would become addicted. I...already have an addiction, thanks. ;)

ZoomanSP wrote:Here's my take on #1270:

Sweet.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

Primis wrote:Been gone since page 1551, what have I missed?
Welcome back Primis! Did you see the javascript?

@mrob27 - What have you done with Timborme? Setting him loose in the TARDIS is just... well... you might as well have told him to click cookies! (Yeah, I know - he'd need to wait for it, but that's the game, isn't it?)

I'm glad you found Acts of the Clerics in its own time - that was a close one. Imagine the chaos that might have occurred if the Page Popes had been forcibly fixed in Time? We really dodged a bullet on that one, and once again, all is as it should be. You can't be too careful!

Love your otty2! I am a bit puzzled about the "does it fit in an established category?" decision diamond. Shouldn't "yes" be "no"? Or is this another quantum effect?

mrob27 wrote:As is clear from your avatars even to the Present, @BlitzGirl's Boom-de-Yada was received with seaish approval.
Indeed. I think it would be fair to say that her Boom-de-Yada set the stage for the amazing rush of creativity and warmth that the thread turned into.

@BlitzGirl - Very wingish OTColored! I love the sunset and stars. Also, if this is your screen, I'm coming right over to drool! That is one seaish merrimac! Back in the old days I had a 21" 4x3 which was wonderful, especially compared with the toy-ish screens I was used to. It died, and I haven't had a chance to replace it, so I'm making do with what I have lying around, while dreaming of a three monitor setup each one the size of Utah. (I'm also dreaming of good eyesight, but that's another story!)

Kieryn wrote:This morning I made my first post outside of the OTT and I don't feel bad about it. My home is here, but you can't spend your whole life in bed as you might say.
Yeah, there's a sci-fi writer who said something like "Earth is the cradle of humanity, but we can't stay in the cradle forever". (Of course, he wasn't following Time at the time!) Many of us, especially those who were here before the Dawn of Time, post in Otherthreads. It's actually fun to run into otters there!

I did find the #newslide links you put here in Time very helpful. It's otherwise
easy to miss. It becomes a question of splitting attention. Posting the #newslides elsewhere kind of feels like splitting the Beatles up. On the other hand, John Lennon did well on his own. Until he was killed. Just sayin'. :)

@balthasar_s - O. M. R. that was chirpin' awesome! (chawsome?) Of course in anticipation, I waited a half hour and didn't even find one changed pixel! But once uploaded and I was able to see it, Time was spoken for! The train ride to the moon reminds me so much of the Jules Verne film - and the telephone microphone - treeish! Love the Time Over Webcomic protocol - a new way to send sigcouragement?

So true, the line "There is no escape for you. You will come back... and wait for it!"

And yes, nerd sniped. Foreign crennelated structure indeed! Very steakish job! :)

yappobiscuits wrote:And the solo's like, the worst part. :P I'm a useless lead guitarist, unless it's more lyrical melodic stuff. Can't do the fast shred stuff to save my life. Like, I'm really proud of the solo in One Thousand Posts since that's a slower, more soaring kinda thing, but this one was just me trying to pretend I can do metal soloing and not doing a very good job. :P
It was... not bad! Not bad at all! :)

Jose
2Not a footnote, but the power of two. It's an otty of an otty. But you otty know that!
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:06 pm UTC

azule wrote:
ggh wrote:And in Epilogue news, the latest sequence only lasted 1 day, instead of its usual 2. This would seem to confirm mscha's hypothesis that the sequence is determined by the tens place of the day of the month.
Thanks! I've been keeping track of this and assumed we were in a stable cycle now...but now not. How does this tens place thing work?

See here.
There appear to be four distinct 24-oldpix cycles, and the ‘current’ one appears to be solely determined by the ‘tens’ digit of the day of the month (in UTC).
We don't know why this is, and what determines the frames in each of these cycles (doesn't look quite random) and why the first frame of the first iteration of odd cycles (xxxx-xx-10T00:00:00 and xxxx-xx-30T00:00:00) is replaced by frame D.
See here for much more analysis (and wingish graphs), but no real answers.

(Note that my epilogue page doesn't spot the cycle on 30 September – since it isn't one, there's no repetition. The cycle for 1-9 October will be detected in about 8 oldpix.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:And the solo's like, the worst part. :P I'm a useless lead guitarist, unless it's more lyrical melodic stuff. Can't do the fast shred stuff to save my life. Like, I'm really proud of the solo in One Thousand Posts since that's a slower, more soaring kinda thing, but this one was just me trying to pretend I can do metal soloing and not doing a very good job. :P
It was... not bad! Not bad at all! :)

I see what you did there. :mrgreen:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:*does the Summon What If dance*
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
Molpy molpy molpy molpy.
Molpy molpy molpy molpy,
What If, What If,

It worked. http://what-if.xkcd.com/65/

I notice that Randall goes through and calculates the total number of tweets assuming the Doomsday argument - but then does not use that to actually answer the original question, i.e. how tall would the timelines be.

Also, SBN, you might want to include the /65 in your link as I did so it works for blitzers.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Because the latest Othercomic needed ottification:
In-My-Pantsing
Spoiler:

Title text: Nothing makes "The End" hilarious. Nothing.

Treeish in my pants! I couldn't think of how that othercomic could've possibly been ottified myself. But this is brilliant! Steakish!

Indeed :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm UTC

Just because there could be someone who needs it: Some calming watermolpies.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Just because there could be someone who needs it: Some calming watermolpies.

Squeee! Image Those are my favorite kind of watermolpies. (sorry yappo) They're so fat!

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:Just because there could be someone who needs it: Some calming watermolpies.

Squeee! Image Those are my favorite kind of watermolpies. (sorry yappo) They're so fat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66NSm1nILo

Some Ways to Time

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

Yay, noms!

Wow, slower than a wipend todip. Where is everymolpy?

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

You know what I just realized? I don't know the origin of wingish, though I've gathered it's meaning from context. It must have come about in the 200 or so pages I hopped over to return to the present.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm UTC

It refers to the flutterbee's wings Megan describes as beautiful. Though it didn't come into common use as an OTTish word until quite later.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Ketchup Like Unto the Sea

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

Woo, I only slept an hour or two more than I intended to. :P To the ketchup!

Awesomeful ottification, StormAngel! *stares at the ellipsis*
D'aww, thanks Sciscitor - Manamolptees are so cheerful!
And yay, a video of my fellow Seattle otters! Thanks, SBN!

waveney wrote:Todips What If talks about 26 films called "The Land Before Time".
Now Time began at Newpix 1. This indicates there are 26 time films prequals before time starts, when will we find the first of these?

More evidence for raptor life in the OTC! (And yikes, I didn't know there were so many sequels. I thought six was a lot, back when I was still in the target audience for home video. Yes, it was still called home video, and I owned the movies on VHS. And yes, the original Land Before Time will always be the best.

ucim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:As is clear from your avatars even to the Present, @BlitzGirl's Boom-de-Yada was received with seaish approval.
Indeed. I think it would be fair to say that her Boom-de-Yada set the stage for the amazing rush of creativity and warmth that the thread turned into.

@BlitzGirl - Very wingish OTColored! I love the sunset and stars. Also, if this is your screen, I'm coming right over to drool! That is one seaish merrimac! Back in the old days I had a 21" 4x3 which was wonderful, especially compared with the toy-ish screens I was used to. It died, and I haven't had a chance to replace it, so I'm making do with what I have lying around, while dreaming of a three monitor setup each one the size of Utah. (I'm also dreaming of good eyesight, but that's another story!)

Thanks again, Jose. :)
That is one of my screens, but the browser view is set at 50% in the screenshot. It's a 21.5" LED monitor that I got as a Christmas present (real estate 1920 x 1080 pixels) to supplement my laptop's old 1280 x 800 display. The laptop's my primary computer, about 5 years old, and I'm trying to keep myself happy with it until I can afford another one. I've never had a dual-screen environment before, and it's amazing. I'm so spoiled now - it irks me when I have to transport my laptop and all I have to work with is the dinky inbuilt screen.

Eternal Density wrote:ETA I'm considering making an untag button for some rarely used boosts that you don't want cluttering the list. Maybe.

I think this would be a treeish option.
I love the new description for Swedish Chef, by the way. :mrgreen:
For some reason version 1.43 isn't showing up for me on chirpingmustard. :(
Spoiler:
Metal Molpies sneak attack!
Red Hal wrote:Update: Newpix 8. I am alone. Huey was sold. My plans to keep it company with Dewey and Louie are in tatters. The bots cannot be trusted. They said technology would one day destroy us; I am beginning to think they were right.

I sincerely hope my scores of newpixbots remain appeased. Hongkongphooey and Eye-luv-yewie seem docile enough, but I worry about Kablooey and Armageddewey.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

acunning40

Postby acunning40 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

ergman wrote:You know what I just realized? I don't know the origin of wingish, though I've gathered it's meaning from context. It must have come about in the 200 or so pages I hopped over to return to the present.

The first use appears to have been here:
ZoomanSP wrote:I found a new adjective (however, without footnote (yet)):
BugwingishOTC / flutterbeewingishOTT OTColourifications, BlitzGirl and Goggalor!

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:43 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That is one of my screens, but the browser view is set at 50% in the screenshot. It's a 21.5" LED monitor that...
Now I'm jealous of your eyes! I used to be able to see that well. Now... well... I can see that. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

StormAngel will be sad. If I tell him.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

Still on the same page as before my coma?

Not sure what I changed in Swedish Chef description recently.

Um I'm not seeing 1.43 anywhere. Maybe I ch*rped something up. M*stard!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

It's acunning40! Hi! Image

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:That is one of my screens, but the browser view is set at 50% in the screenshot. It's a 21.5" LED monitor that...
Now I'm jealous of your eyes! I used to be able to see that well. Now... well... I can see that. :)
I usually don't have it set at 50% - that would be a stretch for my eyes, too! :wink: It's set that riverish in the shot so I could get ED's whole post.

Edit: I don't remember the Björking in the Swedish Chef description before, but perhaps I just never looked at it in normal view.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

All About Stupid Reptiles

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It's acunning40! Hi! Image

ucim wrote:
I usually don't have it set at 50% - that would be a stretch for my eyes, too! :wink: It's set that riverish in the shot so I could get ED's whole post.

Edit: I don't remember the Björking in the Swedish Chef description before, but perhaps I just never looked at it in normal view.

You m*stn't have, cos it's always been there.

Everything with 1.43 looks fine on my end - as a developer. But I can see no sign of it on my end - as a user.
Stupid ghithub.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 pm UTC

But I wanna see the fractal sandcastles, too! :(
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”