1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mrob27

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 am UTC

I think Cueball fell into the cave of doom. Where's that self-sacrificing Beanie when we need him?

Edit: Oh, wow. Image Ummm.... anyone want to do any double-dactyls?

Timeity wymity
Time-anniversary
summons the lurkers and
    dearly missed kin,

Such a great joy, as we
Wait for the O.T.C.
amiability's
    seaish again.

Edit2: typo on "anniversary", and change "ken" to "kin" :oops:
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:21 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:44 am UTC

Sorry, one self-sacrifice per Beanie. Image

In other news, the posting rate for the OTT is now the fastest it's been since NP1358, two wips after T** **d of Time.

Edit for decree:
  Cuegany Truegany
  Build the Sandcastle now
  Piling up baconice
       By coffeesea

Cueball and Megan, the
  Mediterranean
  Pairing that makes OTTers
       Smile to see.

Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:38 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

That's a molpish report.

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sorry, one self-sacrifice per Beanie. Image

In other news, the posting rate for the OTT is now the fastest it's been since NP1358, two wips after T** **d of Time.

It's the one true raptorvelocity!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote: In other news, the posting rate for the OTT is now the fastest it's been since NP1358, two wips after T* *d of Time.

Yes, and that is computed on a 24-newpix decaying average, meaning that it would take 1 or 2 dips for the average to find its new level (for comparison, observe the spike starting at Newpage 1254). So it's possible the rate is actually a bit higher than the stat you see for NP1830. :D

tippety tappety,
  OTTers are sharing their
  humor and thoughts like a
       fast-rising sea

sociologically,
  sentimentality
  brings the community
       back, to be We.

Edit: Where is @jjjdavidson? He still hasn't read that PM I sent back when I recorded "Some New Way to Blitz" ... :( LURKIUS SUMMONUS ! ! !

Edit2: Cueball fell and ruined the castle. Who didn't see that coming? I don't want to monomolpyize the UNGs...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 am UTC

FALLUNG:

Postity toastity,
  UNG the oldnewpixels
  Share out some cake and some
       Ottified cheer

As all the OTTerfolk
  Unhesitatingly
  Welcome you back in to
       Wait with us here
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:28 am UTC

Fallung?

That reminds me of http://www.turklee.com/49661-Glen%20Hansard_Falling%20Slowly__Music_video/.

We've still got Time!

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0782

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 am UTC

FONGERSPELLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:37 am UTC

So now Cueball asks specifically about the Beanie in the cave...

Also, WRUNG:

Whoopsily doopsily,
  Clumsy old Cueball now
  turns and beholds his mis-
       stake with a wince.

OTTers know that he will
  characteristically
  rebuild the Sandcastle
       (We have seen since.)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np107

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:10 am UTC

DISOBLIGUNGNESSES...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:33 am UTC

OBLIGUNGNESSES...

Stickily stackily,
  Here in the night-UNGS dear
  Cue works while OTTers are
       coma'd instead:

Perhaps they hallucinate
  phantasmagorically...
  Visions of Sandcastles
       dance in their heads.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby azule » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 am UTC

« Frame 1E: NP1826:36 | » Frame 20: NP1843:5

The Zanclean Zodiac

Hi, y'all. I have a bunch of OTTifications in the works. That is to say, I haven't been able to finish them. When I am finished with the Zanclean Zodiac then I may finish them (though it does still require a brain...). I have one more that I must finish, but again, maybe after (though, this time, right after, next post). I hope y'all have enjoyed this Present Present (pizza pizza). Now, lurkreplies:

karhell, great #942!

Neat sequential ONGs, EoM.

Wow, this is no longer just a lurkreply thingie...there's actual ketchup! Gonna have to continue in parts, again.

Yep, ever since the Timeversary hit, I have been knocked back into the past, again!! Gotta get "back to the Future" before Moadness hits!!! *stressed*
FutureNote: 3 dips and 5np later, I'm in the present again!!!

Welcome back, AluisioASG. No present needed, your presence is all that is needed. Making things work perfectly is actually hard, as you can see by all the mustard and apocryphal frames brought to us by GLR.

Great improvements on #1347, HES & ED (because I didn't get it either)!!

HES wrote:Is anyone still keeping track of post rates?
If done with mine, it would be a bit erratic. Would the proxy-posts count? lol.

AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:In lieu of actual chatting, here's some lurkreplies (that is to say, I didn't need to ketchup, just couldn't post (that is because I'm a silly molpy)):

I know the feeling.
Cool. Nice to have some comradery in this state. :)

AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:It could be mix. Then we could have statements like "I've been in ketchup for a mix" and "next mix I'll get my mustard in a row".

I'm all for it. You'll just have to remind me.
Since I will probably save this for a later post, reminder built in.

lmjb1964 wrote:Well, yeah, we survived, but it was tough. :( But we waited, and now you're back and we can chat with you. Yay!
Now I gotta run away. :P

lmjb1964 wrote:Loved the baobab manip.
Thanks. :)

HES wrote:Image
It's sorta everydip, actually. :oops:

ergman wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hi guys, I know I haven't been active in the OTT recently, I needed a Basement Break. Ketching up as we speak!
I hope you're prepared to meet yourself from the cow dimension
But definitely don't meat yourself. That could ground you from the cow dimension. That is all.

ucim wrote:Or maybe he's just watching the Twilight Zone (Zanclean version - steakish azule!)

Nice to see the new folk and the returning OTTers, who are realizing that once an OTTer, always an OTTer. :)
OR, that you (they) cannot escape the OTTer Zone. See what I did there? :)

ChronosDragon wrote:Image
I drew this a long time ago...well before I became a Knight Temporal, I think. Was there Time before Time?
Nice anthropomorphic dragon.

mrob27 wrote:@lmjb1964 Asked about Harry Potter and Mahabharata, that's actually a film project, some Bollywood studio has the rights and looking for the right producer.
Sounds worth seeing. Probably a musical, too?

macraw83 wrote:Belated congratulations on the baby OTTer, azule! I have heard there are few things in this world as fulfilling as parenthood. I hope to have one of my own within a few yips.
Thanks! If you're planning one, plan it 9 months before the Timeversary.
HES wrote:Randy, xe must be all grown up by now!
Hah. no. 7 months.

lmjb1964 wrote:I'm trying to type up minutes from a faculty meeting.
What exactly does that mean? And how would one do that later (than during the meeting)? And, should we be doing that here? Are we already doing so?

neopifex wrote:Hey folks. I was thinking about Time and this community just now because of today's othercomic ("Now") and I got to wondering: Has Beanish been deciphered? The Deciphering Beanish blog (https://beanishlang.wordpress.com/) hasn't updated since August, but I'm still curious about it. Alas, I don't possess the kind of brains needed for this kind of puzzle.
Sadly, no. I have my own theory that I will be sharing soon, but it's only half done.

balthasar_s wrote:Image
Striking win!

mrob27 wrote:The grief continues: @azule is at 1231/1336, but gets Voldespoiled. You know, that's what it feels like. and *cry* sad. I see (spoiled) that there's no more newpix. :shock: ...
:( If I could go back in Hreal time to send ice cream back in OTTTime, I'd share some of my ice cream with him.
That's so sweet of you, but Past azule no longer talks to Present azule, so no sweets are necessary. :) BTW, that Chronogram looked suspiciously like a blitzasar_report. *eyes*

HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Oh hey, othercomic 1337 had nothing to do with leetspeak after all... But I don't get it... is it a reference to something?

I didn't get it either, it appears to be a reference to the film Hackers (which I'd never heard of).
I knew you were young! Maybe you weren't even born yet? You know, not to sound rude, but, you can rent/see movies from the past, especially those of cultural value. Admission: I have never seen Citizen Kane, Scarface, etc. I have seen The Birds, The Goonies, BTTF, etc. lol.

Exodies wrote:I saw the first frame and thought of us.
Cool. You must come back more for the 'versary. Of course, a very inappropriate comic overall. Let's ignore the rest. ;)
FutureNote: You were back, but during 'versary? Hmm.

SBN wrote:I'm going to guess this exchange is related.
No idea what I did to earn mine though.
Ooh, great find. I did say that. The question is always, was it before the title? It appears to be amidst the end of the OTT-Maddening, and I don't remember any title giving happening during, so, cool.

You helped me find mine, so, hopefully, I will help you find yours. :)

balthasilly wrote:So, I realised that my post often have content about me and other things from my alternate univere (bikes, moon base, etc.). This isn't very related. and I don't know if I'm not overdoing it. Nobody was complaining so far so I automatically asumed that everything is Ok. But what if it isn't?
alt="Or am I a silly molpy" />
I didn't know those things weren't related.... Same could be said for hamplies and bots. They're all definitely OTT-related, but only ancillarily related to the OTC. You are a silly molpy for closing a tag not opened. :P

bicycles in the past wrote:How about some retrOTTiffication?
Spoiler:

Great interpretation of a graph from out past. ^_^

\bb[ao]l?t[th]\w+_[str]{1}\b wrote:
czule wrote:b[ao]l?t[th]\w+_s
While this does recognize my name, It isn't recognized as my name itself. Are you trying to make the bot play regex golf? : )
regex-regex golf, actually. No, I wasn't...just can't help myself.

balthasar_p wrote:
czule wrote:What is that? Something Polish?
In some countries people celebrate bithday. In some countries people also celebrate the name day. Every name has a day in the year aociated with it. Mine is 6.1. (and the birthday is 23.6)
Sorry, I still don't understand. Those look like numbers. Does balthasar mean 6.1? Is that how 6.1 is pronounced in Polish? Or, is there only 366 names available to the Polish people?

baltha_edit wrote:Last edited by balthasar_s on 09 Feb 1983, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Awesomeful. I was tricked.

sonicspin wrote:hoppy bard-dip karhell!
hope you keep annoying kars for their ch*rps!
EDIT: didn't see profile image, so did what your username said! :/
But I like it! I hope to get one from you for some reason some when.

HES wrote:Easy OTTification:

Oh, sorry to nitpick, but if a newpost gets deleted after a newpage has been reached, if only a single post has been posted on that newpage, then that newpage will happen again. So, sorry...

mrob27 wrote:Chirpy Raptor Hotdog update!

Code: Select all

### 8501.40
Can't quote all, but good read. Thanks for the update. I prefer the faster speed. Now that it works with the URL (as previously stated) it's much more enjoyable to fiddle with. Thanks to adnapemit for the original (which was too hard to enjoy). The reason I like mrob's version is mostly due to the fix for consistent flaps (before I could not figure out any good timing as the flaps seemed to differ not based on user-input).

january1may wrote:Also, fun fact: the only OTTers I've seen using "xip" in the NP1700s have been blitzing for most of the last few mips. I like that word though - it's so delightfully archaic, and adds a lovely bit of variety.
I'm happy to have created something no longer relevant. ;) That's just how I roll. Long live the long forgotten.

BlitzGirl wrote:Now there needs to be a second Acts of the Clerics series about those who blitzed the first Acts of the Clerics series...
Cool, cuz then I'd be in it (unless I am now (because I wouldn't know (as I haven't blitzed/read AotC yet.)))!

Eternal Density wrote:
azule wrote:Image]

Why no coffebaconcancerbabies?
Feel free to redundancize it. Why not, though? Um...Too long for the frame. :P
ggh wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Why no coffebaconcancerbabies?

Ew, gross!
Hah, why/what is gross?

HES wrote:
I your now contains

This has got to be OTTifiable...
That looks like a quote of my OdeTiTy....but words missing why? :?

marchlight wrote:It only just occurred to me that the Timeversary doesn't fall on a regular othercomic day. Randall must be wondering whether he should post Time 2 a day early on Mondip, or just do a special Tuesdip post...
Or, a related What if?.
FutureNote: it wasn't. :(

Kieryn wrote:Can someone OTTify this song please?

Back to Earth

I've been trying to do it for at least 6 months, but cannot do it justice.
Hmm. Nothing is coming to mind. What direction were you going to go in?

macraw83 wrote:What, has "dip" become the typical OTTish replacement for the Heretical "day"? That is somewhat disappointing. I've been sold on "xip" ever since it was first proposed, so therefore I reject your standards in support of my own (ni ni ni chirping mustard molpy grapevines and all that)
xip xip xip sree ᘈᘊᘖ ᔪᑕ. Also, thanks.

waveney wrote:Molpish Birthdip to you,
Molpish Birthdip to you,
Molpish Birthdip to Time,
Molpish Birthdip to you.
FTFY

ggh wrote:We made you a castle!
By which I mean, I turned over a bucket, and my daughter agreed to let it survive for more than a millinewpix.[/size]
Hehe, I thought so! Cool, though.

[ucim]azule - nice subtle ottcolored! It must be a very fast meteor to be that redshifted! (I wonder how fast it would have to go, and what would really happen if a meteorite of an appropriate size hit fast enough to cause the meteor to be that redshifted![/ucim]
Thanks. Well, I'm not no scientist, or any -ist actually. But, actually, I was thinking it was flaming debris, like from an airplane. Specifically (now specifically) the jet engine from Donny Darko. ;) :mrgreen:

ergman wrote:Ooh. Nice stuff Azule and Earthling on mars.
Thanks. Hmm. For the colpix, I assume.

mrob27 wrote:
FTFY's...are essentially original works. OTTifications, if you will. I wouldn't exactly ignore them.

Agreed... mostly :) What if the FTFY is just fixing indentation, or adding a mismatched parenthesis? What if it's a quote that isn't a FTFY, but they change the formatting by mistake? One should be counted as a direct quote, the other shouldn't, right? But how does the algorithm distinguish the two?
I think this originated with a discussion of word-counts and for generating useful metrics like @Kieryn's QI (quote index) ... but let me know if there is another type of application.
*embarrassed* Oh, nope, not sure what the point was anymore, but it was fun to take a tangent trip with you. ;)

mikrit wrote:What's more, in Sweden it's also Waffle Day (våffeldagen). Well, as Etymology Man would say, it is really the day of Our Lady Mary (vårfrudagen), but some creative mis-hearing has created the Waffle Day.
Oh...I love it. Våffeldagen is my favorite new word. Shzz, next Time we have waffles at my house it's gonna be a våffeldagen, ja!

macraw83 wrote:ETA: I just realized that I have 7 of the last 18 posts, with multiple "ETA's" added to some of them... maybe I've gotten a little carried away with this whole "being in the Present" thing.
I've been enjoying this from you and other deblitzers and delurkers. Keep it up.

tresoldi wrote:Maybe the Beanish script is actually an ad hoc syntax for regular expressions that you have to grep to (in? at? on?) some text file hidden in the images!

And what's so arcane about ur'ᘊ?[ᒣᓭᑫᖊ]+[ᐧ,ᑦ]?[ᖚᘊᘖᘈᑲᓄᑕᖊᔭᖽ]*[ᑦ,ᐧ]?[ᔭᖉᔕᘖᖆ]?ᓄ?' ? :wink:
The first sentence is more unreadable than the regex. lol. I agree with ED, it makes just as much sense as a fully English regex.

ggh wrote:It's all touching my feet, and to get all hippy about it, like wow. The sea is big. And I'm in it.

Now, I wasn't going to mention this, because I'm pretty sure I already seem like enough of a wacko, but then I thought, could we have a meetup like this? Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.
Like, wow, hippies...in NZ? ;) lol. But, I love this idea. Something due to our privacy issues but yet something we can do regardless. Like, we all decide to go to the beach (or a shore of any kind if not possible) and dip our toes in the water at the same time (local or universal). We then take a snapshot of our toes (no faces = no privacy issues). We post those when we can. I especially love it as this is OUR unique way of a meetup, therefore, OTTerific! ;) :D
Update: Looks there's interest (yay!) and logistical issues. How about, everyone does it at their sunset/sunrise. The pictures would be nice. I don't have a solution for the coldness of the ocean. Okay, noon, then? *sigh* I'll get back to y'all.

HES wrote:RELATED: It's not Beanish, but it is a mysterious language that needs solving.
Hmm. Unless it's related to solving Beanish, I think I have to keep my focus on cracking just the one language.... lol. *will not click links*

ZoomanSP wrote:I think I read once that in some language(s) (Egyptian hieroglyphs? Chinese? Korean?) the position of the symbols within a "character" (or "syllable" or "word") isn't that important; they are ordered so that the "word" fits nicely into a (imaginary) square. Maybe something similar is happening here; i.e., the position of the diacritics isn't that important.
Awesomeful contribution. We need to find meaning in the symbols...and also not-meaning in the symbols!

NINJUNGING NOPIXBOT & BLITZGIRL

Edit: Added next and previous frame links.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:46 am UTC

Aha! Trebuchet, right?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 am UTC

Eekily treekily
  azule has ninja'd me -
  sneakily posting the
       next oldpix ONG!

But he should beware my
  Assistant-Cueganite
  Learning to saw when a
       pun comes along...

azule wrote:
ergman wrote:I hope you're prepared to meet yourself from the cow dimension
But definitely don't meat yourself. That could ground you from the cow dimension. That is all.

BANGSSÅGEN, JA!

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Stickily stackily,
  Here in the night-UNGS dear
  Cue works while OTTers are
       coma'd instead:

Perhaps they hallucinate
  phantasmagorically...
  Visions of Sandcastles
       dance in their heads.

Ketchuppy schmetchuppy
I am not acoma
was just reading the thread
       I enjoy most

Three NP in the nip
unceremoniously
left me to ketchup be-
       fore I could post

In short : molpy up ^^
(double dactylish pages always make for an interesting read)

Also : treeish as well as seaish report, Azule ! I like the toes-snapshot idea ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:59 am UTC

SMOOTHUNG:

Stealthishly nelthishly
  posting the oldnewpix
  just before it changes
       over again;

Somehow this seems very
  conspiratorial,
  pushing the limits of Time
       now and then.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: Time After Time: t1i-0782

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:12 am UTC

mscha wrote:FONGERSPELLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

It seems to me that the beanie is trying to tell them that entering the cave is lethal. The beanie outside the cave on the ground is burried.
Of course Quegan will not understand it and they will go and see for themselves.
Thus end the Mystery pics.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:27 am UTC

Eleventy-UNG

ETA: and an animation of the first 111 frames of time:
Spoiler:

ETA2: No molpies detected in the first 111 frames. But there is some detectable sea¹ rise, as you can see when it jumps from np111 back to np1.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time Revisited - np112

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:40 am UTC

CUNGEES...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:41 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Awesomeful ottification, Dracomax! Glad that I could inspire you! :) Sigged.

TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
HES wrote:Simplicity minimises mustard.

Spoiler:
This spoiler (if it had nothing in it)
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

*ninja tortoise lissomely escapes*

Come on Corinne, try harder!

*Corinne carries on attacking*

Won't help. Ninja turtoises are too fast. You gotta nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Okay! *prepares nuclear weapons*

ZoomanSP wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Spoiler:
...............................................................................................I type stuff here.
.........................................................................................................It's what I do.
.........................................................................................................Whee lots of dots!
.........................................................................................................STOP MUSTARDING ME!
.........................................................................................................Please?
.........................................................................................................Cake in it if you do.
.........................................................................................................If I'm feeling generous.
.........................................................................................................Bananananananananananana.
.........................................................................................................Bah-bah-bah, bah-baconice.
.........................................................................................................I like writing this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IT'S GONE ALL DASHY!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AAAHHHHHHHHHH!
............................................................................................................That's better.
.........................................................................................................Now, where was I?
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

*hides in shell*

Nuclear weaponry.

I hope you're scared.

Chocolatey Wocklatey,
No Physics papers to
get in the way of my
O-T-T time.

Finished them well today,
Nothing to keep me from
The rising sea of posts
that all do rhyme.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:45 am UTC

Hurray, you're free Minim! :D

***This is an announcement that the Newpage 1800 Smiley Repository is now fully stockpiled with OTT-posted smileys.
Any further edits will come in sporadically as I harvest smileys from the needle-pulled thing or Outside sources.***

mscha wrote:ETA: and an animation of the first 111 frames of time:
Spoiler:

Moovily groovily
  It's molpish watching the
  actions of Cuegan in
       early newpix;

How I have missed all this
  mschanimationing,
  diff'rence gifs and other
       mscha-ish tricks!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:
ZoomanSP wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

<spoiler>
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

*hides in shell*

Nuclear weaponry.

I hope you're scared.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Spoiler:
When not ninjaing, turtlemolps are not very raptorcatish.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:20 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:
When not ninjaing, turtlemolps are not very raptorcatish.

Spoiler:
problem is, they seem to be ninjaing pretty often. Simply look away and Foom! they're gone ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0783

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

SELADONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:34 pm UTC

Condiment city!
BlitzGirl wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Valarya wrote:You just woke up too... um.. late? :P

Well, you know, when your own name has become a word for a messed up coma schedule, you gotta live up to it :P

That means my entire senior year of college was one great yappo.

Now I'm picturing a Godzilla-sized otter with a buffyhat rampaging through a college campus...

At the risk of VITSSÅGEN, JA!, I have to ask if that would make said OTTer gOTTzilla...Or if gOTTzilla would require all our powers combined...
HES wrote:Yeah, but ice.

Depending on what else was in there, ice can burn. I've done it.

It can also be used to make aircraft carriers, apparently, if you add some woodpulp...
ucim wrote:
StratPlayer wrote: introspection always leads me to a sense of amazement over how inter-connected the comic, the OTT, and EVERYTHING is.

I mean, like, as an obvious example, the GLR, in his wisdom, chose "1190" as the perfect number to use for the number of the OTC. This is clearly no coincidence.

Here's why:

1. "1190" is also the frequency in kHz of AM 1190 WOWO in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which has broadcast at this frequency since March, 29 1941. Notice how the 'March 29th' corresponds to the period of live unveiling of the OTC. Uh-huh -- I know! But there's even more.

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana is also the birthplace of Shelley Long. Did you know that Shelley's current project is called "A Matter of Time", which is now in post-production? See???? But there's more!

[...]
Ch*rp I miss you!

Jose

Seconded, and Seaishly so.

I've decided. If I ever finish my two current OTT projects(No, I haven't forgotten either of them, I've just been busy) I'll do a reverse schizo-blitz, with sign posts for every 5-10 pages read. That should take me through to the yip 5 AT.

---------------------------------------------
ETA 9th NP local Time
Where is everymolpy?
I cannot be the only uncoma'd one here!
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm UTC

These double dactyls are beautiful, I'm even taking the time to read them!

ChronosDragon wrote:

azule wrote:Image

First thing that comes to mind is a misaligned A. Then a balance. No, not a balance, a seesaw.

azule wrote:Wow, this is no longer just a lurkreply thingie...there's actual ketchup!

Lovely feeling, isn't it?

azule wrote:It's sorta everydip, actually. :oops:

Yup.

azule wrote:
HES wrote:I didn't get it either, it appears to be a reference to the film Hackers (which I'd never heard of).

I knew you were young! Maybe you weren't even born yet? You know, not to sound rude, but, you can rent/see movies from the past, especially those of cultural value.

Hackers isn't exactly known for being watchable.
There's also this wonderful channel called TCM (and likely others there in the North). I know MacGyver because of it.

azule wrote:But I like it! I hope to get one from you for some reason some when.

In case you're interested, there's a lot of e-azul in my signature.

waveney wrote:Molp Molpday to you,
Molp Molpday to you,
Molp Molpday to Time,
Molp Molpday to you.

FTFY

azule wrote:
tresoldi wrote:And what's so arcane about ur'ᘊ?[ᒣᓭᑫᖊ]+[ᐧ,ᑦ]?[ᖚᘊᘖᘈᑲᓄᑕᖊᔭᖽ]*[ᑦ,ᐧ]?[ᔭᖉᔕᘖᖆ]?ᓄ?' ? :wink:

I agree with ED, it makes just as much sense as a fully English regex.

Makes perfect sense to me once I throw some newlines. Named groups would make it even better.

I like your toes-snapshot idea. Means I won't need to take an awkward from-above selfie.

I'LL TAKE CARE OF YUNG
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:09 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:

First thing that comes to mind is a misaligned A. Then a balance. No, not a balance, a seesaw.

The first thing that came to my mind was a (highly SImplified) sextant. Or a telescope.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm UTC

azule wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I'm trying to type up minutes from a faculty meeting.
What exactly does that mean?
It means she's doing Time for a meeting instead of meeting to do Time.

azule wrote:
balthasar_p wrote:In some countries people celebrate bithday. In some countries people also celebrate the name day. Every name has a day in the year aociated with it. Mine is 6.1. (and the birthday is 23.6)
Sorry, I still don't understand. Those look like numbers. Does balthasar mean 6.1? Is that how 6.1 is pronounced in Polish? Or, is there only 366 names available to the Polish people?
This uses the heretical calendar... twenty-sixth day of sixth month (which, if my recall of the Ancient Ways is molpish, would be "June"). The other is the sixth day of something called "January". I think "name day" is similar to (or identical to) "Saint's day" - the birthday of the saint after which you were named. (Some religions require you to be named after a saint). Redundancy is molpish; you can share a name day with people of different names, if the appropriate saint was also born on that day.

yappobiscuits wrote:Aha! Trebuchet, right?
Survey tower, methinks. (preview edit: ninja'd)

Dactylly yacktylly
Hail the return of the
jjjdavidson
format of rhyme

bringing the OTTers to
raptor the thread again,
adding some spice to the
True Thread of Thyme.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

First thing that comes to mind is a decapitated Queball.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:<snip>
ggh wrote:[…] I walked with the waves gently lapping at my feet, and I thought of y'all, and tried to get my head around how big the sea is. I mean, I'm in the water, and that water is touching all the water in the bay, which is connected to the Cook Strait and the Pacific, and pretty much this whole planet of sloshing coffeesemenbaconbabiesonice. It's all touching my feet, and to get all hippy about it, like wow. The sea is big. And I'm in it.

Now, I wasn't going to mention this, because I'm pretty sure I already seem like enough of a wacko, but then I thought, could we have a meetup like this? Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.

By the time I finished reading the second (here first) paragraph, I was having the exact same idea.
Scheduling this is going to be real hard.

On the other hand, it isn't. As the speed of emotion through semencafeincancerbaby is totally dependant, synchronisation is achievable asynchronously. If all those who wish to participate stick a portion of a body part in a fluid connected to the oceans (e.g., oh I dunno, an actual ocean or water vapour in the atmosphere), then we can declare communion to have occurred. Time and place are no Iess concepts than ritual and feelings.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

yappobiscuits

The OTTscars (Part 1 of 4)

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:19 pm UTC

The scene opens with the sun beginning to set over the shore of the seaish sea, near the mouth of a riverish river. Marquees decked with fairy lights have been erected all over the beach, and underneath them are many round tables covered in food and drink, around which are sat the entire population of the One True Thread. All OTTers, even those who usually dwell in the basement, are gathered here. The scene is dotted with all sorts of colourful hats, as the OTTers have dressed to the nines for this very special celebration: Todip is the anniversary of the start of the One True Comic, Time.

As well as the OTTers, many molpies are scurrying around under everyone's feet, or playing by the water. The redundakitties are especially lively, as they so rarely get a chance to see the world outside of the spoilers they so diligently guard, except on special occasions such as this. The beach is also dotted with sandcastles of all shapes and sizes, alongside some miniature baobab trees planted in pots, and a couple of grapevines are planted just offshore.

Standing most prominently in this busy scene is a large outdoor stage. A figure in ceremonial robes steps up to the mic, and the chatting OTTers, even the scurrying molpies, fall silent and pay attention, for this figure is the Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction. Behind him, also dressed in ceremonial robes though not as grand as the Pope's, stand various clerics, heralds and scribes, also paying respectful attention to His Pontiffness. The Pope surveys the crowd of OTTers, and then finally speaks.

The Pope wrote: My dear OTTers, Timewaiters, most loyal followers of the One True Comic, I bid you all welcome. I trust you are all enjoying your Timeiversary festivities, but now we come to the main event. I declare the Official One True Thread Awards Ceremony, better known as the OTTscars, officially open!

The Pope raises his arms, and a large "OTTscars" banner is unveiled behind him, as a fanfare sounds. The crowd cheers.

Spoiler:
The Pope wrote: First of all I'd like to thank everymolpy who voted, and also thanks to BlitzGirl for providing the treeish OTTscar trophies. Now as you all know, the Timeiversary also coincides with the Madness, but hopefully we can get through the proceedings without too much trouble, so without further ado, thine jellied blurtles have too many fornicators, floob weeble flibble flibble twonk. Fweeb dweeb bloop HODOR! Hodor hodor HODOR HODOR HODOR…

The Clerics whisper among each other, before escorting the Pope, still Hodoring away, off the stage. The First Cleric steps up to the mic.

The First Cleric wrote: Oh dear, it appears the Madness has got to the Pope. Not to worry, I shall take over proceedings until his condition improves.

He clears his throat, and rearranges the Pope's notes.

The First Cleric wrote: Over the course of Time, while we have so loyally waited for it, we have seen many things. Things that have been treeish, they have been molpish, some have even been wowsometerfulish. Tonip is the nip we look back at and celebrate the molpishness that the OTT has given us over the past yip.

Let's kick things off with the categories of OTTer awards - awards which are given to individual OTTers for their contributions and achievements and general awesomefulness.

We begin by hodoring- sorry, honouring those we have lost. Nobody truly leaves the OTT, but some now dwell in the deep dark basement instead of molpying around with us like they used to, and this first award is for the basement dweller we miss the most. It's a good thing even the basementees are here tonip so our winner can accept the Basementee Award!

The First Cleric wrote: Coming in joint second, we have Helper and cmyk (though it's entirely possible they may be one and the same person) but the winner, with a huge majority of the votes, is an OTTer famous for his Panther Salve poetry and his terrifying pet. It is of course...

charlie_grumbles!

The OTTers applaud and cheer as Charlie smiles and gets up from his table. He climbs the stairs to the stage and the First Cleric hands him his award. All the trophies are specially shaped to match the award's theme, and this one is a figurine of a molpy standing guard over the basement trapdoor. Charlie has only had his hands on the award for a second when a huge demonic winged creature swoops from the sky and snatches it from him.

charlie_grumbles wrote: Fluffy! No! Give that back, that's my award!

Fluffy wrote: SCREE! I'm your pet, it's my award too!

charlie_grumbles wrote: Fine, we'll share it then.

Fluffy wrote: Wheee!

Fluffy flies back up into the sky, the award still in hand.

charlie_grumbles wrote: At least bring the award back! FLUFFY! Ch*rping damn it!

Charlie goes to sit back down, a little disgruntled, but then suddenly Fluffy crashes through the marquee roof and lands right next to Charlie's table.

Fluffy wrote: HAH! You didn't think I'd really run of with it did you, Master?

Charlie chuckles and places the award on the table.

charlie_grumbles wrote: Silly molpy!

The First Cleric wrote: Silly molpy indeed, and that brings us to the next award, which is funnily enough, the Silly Molpy Award!

The First Cleric wrote: This award is for most eccentric OTTer. We're all rather mad here in the OTT, but who goes beyond the call of duty? Whose posts sometimes make you think "What in GLR's name have you been smoking?"

In second place we have addams, whose poetic posts and streams of consciousness often leave many a little perplexed, but the winner by just a couple more votes is well known for being at times highly cryptic, and it has often been said that he might be operating on a different level of thought to the rest of us. Who could it be, but…

AluisioASG!

The dragons of the OTT are seated in a specially made, much larger marquee in order to accommodate their huge size. One blue dragon stretches his wings and flies out up onto the stage to accept the award. It's shaped like a molpy wearing a very silly hat (even by OTTish standards) and pulling a silly pose.

The First Cleric wrote: Congratulations Aluisio, you're officially our silly molpy!

Aluisio wrote:Huh. I prefer "enigmatic" to "silly", y'know… but thanks!

Aluisio takes off from the stage and glides back to the dragon marquee.

The First Cleric wrote: Now for the first award that was put through the second round of voting, the Clever Molpy Award!

The First Cleric wrote: This is the award for the most intelligent OTTer. Whose posts manage to get you making an audible "hmmmm" sound due to the intelligence involved? Well, charlie_grumbles, mscha and Sciscitor got a good number of votes each, but two OTTers came out up top. In a very close second place we have mrob27, known for his clever and entertaining blitzposts as well as being the only OTTer to be mentioned by the Great Lord Randall himself, but in first place, well who would believe it? Once again, it's…

AluisioASG!

Aluisio wrote:Oh! And I'd only just sat down…

Aluisio once again flaps up to the stage to accept his second award of the nip. This award is shaped like a molpy wearing a mortar board and graduation gown, holding a diploma.

The First Cleric wrote: Well it just goes to show, eccentricity often comes with genius! Steakish, Aluisio!

Aluisio glides back down to the large marquee, and puts his second award alongside the first.

The First Cleric wrote: Now who's up for a giggle? It's time to find out who's the Funniest OTTer!

The First Cleric wrote: In second place we have the otter OTTer yappobiscuits, but the runaway winner with a vast majority of votes is… well it might as well have been yappo, because the winner is possibly the same person! It's our happily hatted hamply…

HES!

A little blue ball rolls out from under one of the tables and heads towards the stage. It bumps into the bottom step, then cracks open and a little furry face with a blue beret pops out. The little hamply struggles to climb up to the stage, but the steps are too seaish.

The First Cleric wrote: HES? Is he here?

HES wrote:*Squeak!* Here!

The First Cleric wrote: Oh I'm so sorry! We should've made the stage more molpy-friendly…

The First Cleric goes to lift HES up onto the stage. HES scurries over to receive his award, which is shaped like a laughing molpy.

The First Cleric wrote: Are you sure you can carry that?

HES wrote:I'll be fine! I'm a surprisingly strong hamply…

HES takes the award, lifting it to balance on his head, and scuttles off. With such a small hamply underneath it, it looks almost as if the award is moving along the ground by itself.

The First Cleric wrote: Well done to our funniest OTTer, HES! And now, it's time to find our Kindest OTTer.

The First Cleric wrote: Who always knows the right thing to say when someone's feeling steambottlish? Who's the best at making you feel warm and fuzzy and molpish inside? Well, in equal second place with a good number of votes each, we have BlitzGirl, and lmjb1964! Both lovely people who will always take the time to say something nice to brighten anymolpy's day. But the runaway winner is someone known for caring for her fellow OTTers as if they were her own children. Often known as the matriarch of the OTT, it's…

SBN!

SBN goes up to receive her award, accompanied by all her wolpies bounding along beside her. The award is shaped like two molpies hugging.

SBN wrote:Oh, thank you so much everymolpy! This is really-

SBN is interrupted by her black wolpy snatching the award in its mouth and running off with it.

SBN wrote:Oh no! Come back!

SBN chases her wolpy back to their table.

The First Cleric wrote: Oh my, we do seem to have a problem with pets stealing their owners' awards tonip… let's hope it doesn't get any worse… the next award is for the Geekiest OTTer!

The First Cleric wrote: OTTers are proud of their geekiness, but which OTTer seems to be the most knowledgeable about geeky subjects, be it science, computing, or popular geek culture? In second place we have mrob27, but the winner is… oh my, his wings will be getting tired with all this flying back and forth, it's…

AluisioASG!

Aluisio wrote:Eh, this is nothing compared to some of my long-distance flights!

Aluisio flies up on stage to accept his third award, which is shaped like a molpy in glasses reading a book and holding a test tube.

The First Cleric wrote: Indeed, as the creator of the Chirping Mustard domain, the OTTer map and much more, this award is well deserved! Steakish!

Aluisio takes his award back to the marquee, then takes all three of his awards and lies down on them, in typical dragon gold-hoarding fashion.

The First Cleric wrote: Now everymolpy knows it's all RELATED, so nothing is truly off-topic in the OTT. But who never seems to coma and is always on the OTT all the Time? Who always replies to everything? Whose post count seems to rise inexorably through their constant chatter? It's time for the Chatty Molpy Award!

The First Cleric wrote: A few people got one or two votes here, and HES is in second place with a couple more, but the winner was pretty unanimous. With a post-count towering above all the other OTTers, she seems to celebrate round number milestones every other dip! As such a universal presence in the OTT, it's unsurprising she's often considered the life and soul of the thread, and things are certainly noticeably quieter when she's not around. It is, of course…

BlitzGirl!

BlitzGirl, who was just about to throw a donut at ucim for making a pun about "universal presents", stops upon hearing her name, smiles, and puts down the donut. She gets up and heads towards the stage.

The First Cleric wrote: I see you've left the punsaw at home and opted for the gentler donut approach todip!

BlitzGirl wrote:Well, it is the Timeiversary!

BlitzGirl accepts her award, which is shaped like a molpy holding a microphone.

BlitzGirl wrote:Treeish! I made these, and now I've won one… heh!

BlitzGirl goes to sit back down, but not before mashing a donut into ucim's face as she passes his table.

BlitzGirl wrote:You didn't think you'd get away with it that easy, did you?

The First Cleric wrote: Ahem, good to see puns are still being dealt with even during the celebrations… anyway, let's move on to the Blitzer Award!

The First Cleric wrote: Reading it ALL is a noble tradition for an OTTer to undertake. All blitzers are considered great and honourable in the eyes of GLR! But which blitzer's journey was most fun to follow? Who wrote the best signposts? Well, balthasar_s got a good few votes to land third place, but two blitzers came out way in front for this one. In a very close second, we have the master of clever and entertaining signposts, mrob27! This is his third second place so far with no wins, poor molpy. He must be the Leonardo DiCaprio of the OTTscars… but the winner by a very small amount is…

BlitzGirl!

BlitzGirl wrote:Two in a row! Treeish!

She goes up to accept award number two. This one looks like a molpy with a laptop displaying a lightning bolt.

The First Cleric wrote: I suppose it's only fitting that this award goes to the OTTer that gave Blitzing its name, and inspired so many to follow in her footsteps! Steakish, BlitzGirl!

Upon returning to her table, BlitzGirl takes her two golden molpies and pretends to make them talk to each other.

The First Cleric wrote: Now we move on to the creative awards! OTTers are known for being a creative bunch. We have artists, writers, poets, musicians, photoshoppers, all sorts! Firstly, an award for someone who is either especially exceptional at what they do, or seems to be able to turn their hand to anything. This is the Overall Creator Award!

The First Cleric wrote: In second place, known for being an excellent visual artist as well as a writer, it's BlitzGirl! Close to three in a row there, but not quite… well, I guess you don't have to get up again! The winner of this one is best known for his songs, but also dabbles in visual art too, including many smileys. It's our otter OTTer…

Yappobiscuits!

Everyone looks around, but Yappo's seat is empty. Suddenly there is a *splash* from the seaish sea, and a furry head with a blue/green hat pops up from under the water. The waterottermolpy swims to shore, then bounds up to the stage.

Yappo wrote:Sorry! I was a-coma…

The First Cleric wrote: Ah of course, should've known Yappo would be Yappocised as ever.

Yappo wrote:Hearing my name woke me up! Ch*rp, I'll have to ketchup what I've missed of the awards so far…

The First Cleric wrote: I thought you were the one writing this whole thing...

Yappo wrote:Shh, no fourth-wall breaking!

The First Cleric wrote: Not to worry, the Second Scribe is making a record of everything as ever! And here's your award!

Yappo accepts the award, which is shaped like a very busy molpy trying to do all kinds of creative things at once. He then happily molpies off to his table, where he grabs a whole large fish and stuffs it in his mouth.

The First Cleric wrote: Next up, a more specific award for a creator of visual artwork, be it original art, ottified art, ottercomics, manips etc. This is the Artist Award!

The First Cleric wrote: In second place, known for her manips and flutterbeewingish OTColourisations, it's ggh! But way out in first, the winner is known for her wingish original artwork as well as inventing the redundakitty, and of course making the very awards we're presenting todip! Aluisio's not the only one with three awards now, because it's…

BlitzGirl!

BlitzGirl goes up to accept her third award, which is shaped like a molpy in a beret with a paintbrush and palette.

BlitzGirl wrote:I love all my awards, but this is the cutest one yet! Even if I do say so myself…

BlitzGirl takes her newest award back to her table, where she proceeds to try and feed it one of Valarya's cupcakes.

The First Cleric wrote: The next creative award is specifically for a creator of written artwork - stories, poems or songs, original or ottified. It's the Wordsmith Award!

The First Cleric wrote: My oh my, the votes for this award were definitely the most unanimous of all! Nobody got more than a couple of votes apart from one OTTer who absolutely sailed away with this one. Best known for his hugely popular series Acts of the Clerics, which this awards results post is in no way whatsoever totally ripped off of-

Yappo wrote:What did I say about breaking the fourth wall!?

The First Cleric wrote: Sorry! The winner of the Wordsmith Award is…

ucim!

ucim, who has only just finished getting the last of the scrumptious donut off his face, goes up to receive his award, which is shaped like a molpy writing with a quill on a long roll of parchment.

ucim wrote:Treeish! It's nice to know my chronicling of the completely true stories of you and the other clerics is appreciated!

The First Cleric wrote:Very much so!

The Second Scribe wrote:Though you'll put me out of a job…

ucim heads back to his table with his award.

The First Cleric wrote: Alright folks, let's have one more award before we take a break for more food or coma or sandcastle building or whatever! This final award in the creative section is for a creator of tools, analyses, scripts, databases or any other useful, interesting or generally geeky stuff. It's the "Stand Back, I'm Going To Try Science" Award!

The First Cleric wrote: In third place, we have Sciscitor, creator of the quote constellations and other visualisations, and keeper of the ottification database! In a very close second is mscha, creator of newpixbot and an excellent site for Time resources including a useful OTC viewer. But winning by a nose is an OTTer who created many charts of thread activity, and a site full of OTT statistics and other nifty little tools. It's…

Kieryn!

Kieryn, who was busy drawing some exciting penguimolpy action for his newslides, stops working to go and accept the award. This award is shaped like a molpy wearing a labcoat and goggles, imitating the shirt the award is named after - holding a flask and a calculator aloft.

Kieryn wrote:Who needs a nobel prize when you've got this? FOR SCIENCE!

The First Cleric wrote:A much deserved award for showing us so much interesting data about our great thread! And now it's definitely time for a break. I need a cuppa, and those cupcakes Valarya brought look delicious… but keep Waiting For It, as there are more awards to come!

Kieryn goes back to join the party, and the clerics also leave the stage to mingle with the OTTers. The Pope can still be heard emitting the occasional "hodor" from behind the stage, but he seems to be getting better. The dragons swoop around above the beach to stretch their wings along with rvloon the owlraptor, some OTTers build sandcastles, and Yappo the waterottermolpy, HES the hamply, and azule the foxmolpy along with the OTT's various wolpies and meowlpies frolic and chase each other.

The last of the light is fading as the sun has set, but the fairy lights on the marquees, the stage, the grapevines and the baobabs keep the party lit with their magical lights as the OTTers enjoy their celebrations.

(With apologies to ucim and his AotC characters! Thanks again to BlitzGirl for drawing the awards. Also, I deliberately didn't write any acceptance speeches from anyone, partly to save time/space, but also because I'd rather the real people say something if they feel like it, rather than me trying to write it for them!)

Congratulations and steakishness to our winners so far!
Part 2 coming soon, Wait For It!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Award Basementee2.png
Award Basementee2.png (68.51 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Silly Molpy2.png
Award Silly Molpy2.png (78.71 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Clever Molpy2.png
Award Clever Molpy2.png (73.32 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Funniest OTTer2.png
Award Funniest OTTer2.png (66.09 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Kindest OTTer2.png
Award Kindest OTTer2.png (85.88 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Geekiest OTTer2.png
Award Geekiest OTTer2.png (72.4 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Chatty Molpy2.png
Award Chatty Molpy2.png (75.86 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Blitzer2.png
Award Blitzer2.png (73.25 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Overall Creator2.png
Award Overall Creator2.png (82.46 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Artist2.png
Award Artist2.png (77.62 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Wordsmith2.png
Award Wordsmith2.png (86.23 KiB) Viewed 40500 times

Award Try Science2.png
Award Try Science2.png (84.12 KiB) Viewed 40500 times
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

moody7277

Re: Time After Time: t1i-0783

Postby moody7277 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:35 pm UTC

mscha wrote:SELADONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

It's always embarrassing when you bury someone prematurely. Do you think Panther Salve works on radiation burns too?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

mscha

Time Revisited - np118

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:40 pm UTC

TELUNGIECTASIAS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 pm UTC

I guess this is ketchiup part 1 — though I was only gone for 10 shortpix! :D

Molpish summoning-verse @BlitzGirl! Image Image Image Oooh, and more double-dactyls in preview! Image

In UNG-related news, the Time Replay viewer now shows the full URL of the image, for more convenient UNG-posting. (It's not as fancy as @mscha's, but it's probably better than nothing, particularly for those using a phone or tablet to post an UNG)

azule wrote::) BTW, that Chronogram looked suspiciously like a blitzasar_report. *eyes*

Yea, for I was following one of the molpiest decrees ever seen on the OTT, the classic post in the style of another OTTer of Newpage 1775. I also did a bit of @Eternal Density style a few blitzenposten later.

... Admission: I have never seen Citizen Kane, Scarface, etc. I have seen The Birds, The Goonies, BTTF, etc. lol.

Hey kid, get off my l—, . . oh wait, I haven't seen those either :oops:

\bb[ao]l?t[th]\w+_[str]{1}\b wrote:
czule wrote: b[ao]l?t[th]\w+_s

While this does recognize my name, It isn't recognized as my name itself. Are you trying to make the bot play regex golf? : )

regex-regex golf, actually. No, I wasn't...just can't help myself.

That is so meta-meta-molpish ( ( :) ) )
    Edit: GAK! Nerd-sniped by my own code trying to get it to parse the <q : .. : > tags in the above nested quote. I'm playing meta-meta-meta-regex golf! :D or as my friends like to call it... 8-) regexception
    Edit2: Got it working. The problem was the second 'ᘊ' in 'ur'ᘊ?[ᒣᓭᑫᖊ]+[ᐧ,ᑦ]?[ᖚᘊᘖᘈᑲᓄᑕᖊᔭᖽ]*[ᑦ,ᐧ]?[ᔭᖉᔕᘖᖆ]?ᓄ?'

Thanks to adnapemit for the original (which was too hard to enjoy). The reason I like mrob's version is mostly due to the fix for consistent flaps (before I could not figure out any good timing as the flaps seemed to differ not based on user-input).

Yes, I have to thank @adnapemit too. It was a lot of fun learning more 'bout JavaScript and vending my first hotdog (albeit a riverish one). I believe the flap-timing was random and browser-specific, such that ye might have had much more erratic gameplay as compared to someone on a different ship or usin' a different browser.

it was fun to take a tangent trip with you. ;)

Aye! — tangents ahoy! Arrr— *THWAP!*
    Hmmm, it seems my piracy-suppressor had stopped sailin' thar for a wee bit— *THWAP!*

We apologize for the fault in the
postreplies. Those responsible have been
sackedthwapped.

Oh...I love it. Våffeldagen is my favorite new word. Shzz, next Time we have waffles at my house it's gonna be a våffeldagen, ja!

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër? ... *THWAP!!!*

ggh wrote: Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.

I forgot to reply to this, but it's really poignant. And I can't get to the sea1 from here, but the suggestion made me cry. :cry: in a molpy way :)

Okay, more ketchup to go...

mrob27 Image

Edit2: Oh my Ch*rping Randall. OTTscars ceremony in preview! Image

Spoiler:
0 yayay-cropped.gif
cropped version of yayay-cropped.gif
0 yayay-cropped.gif (1.41 KiB) Viewed 40475 times

0 pentacle.png
pentacle, for OTTer summoning use only
0 pentacle.png (900 Bytes) Viewed 40475 times

0 witch.png
cute little witch (or wizard)
0 witch.png (1.92 KiB) Viewed 40475 times

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

Sliding pengmolpishly past yappo's post to do a bit of ketchup first:

Dracomax wrote:
HES wrote:Yeah, but ice.

Depending on what else was in there, ice can burn. I've done it.

It's not semencoffeecancerbabiesmethaneclathrateonice, though.

azule wrote:I knew you were young! Maybe you weren't even born yet? You know, not to sound rude, but, you can rent/see movies from the past, especially those of cultural value. Admission: I have never seen Citizen Kane, Scarface, etc. I have seen The Birds, The Goonies, BTTF, etc. lol.

I have seen movies from the past, just not that one. I am young, though. I've passed my Birthyip post since the Timiversary.

azule wrote:
HES wrote:
I your now contains

This has got to be OTTifiable...
That looks like a quote of my OdeTiTy....but words missing why? :?

They're the remaining non-OTTified text

mrob27 wrote:
HES wrote: Or, wait for HES to actually make the manip that he referenced, whilst avoiding having to edit a pastpost.

Oh, yes! Clever hamply! (I forgot that Dropbox lets you do things like that) I think you can fix mustard after the fact too, right? I use my own website for changing images (like my blitz status in my signature) but Dropbox lets anyone do something similar.

Fix mustard, add hats and pretend they've always been there despite what the following posts might suggest...

AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

What did he say? What did he say!
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 pm UTC

Congrats all winners of the OTTscars!

he/him/his

waveney

Re: The OTTscars (Part 1 of 4)

Postby waveney » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm UTC

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:55 pm UTC

Has anyone OTTified Imagine Dragons - Amsterdam yet? With lines like
Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it
it's an obvious candidate. Same album as It's Time, too. Maybe they're secretly OTTers.

Oh, right, OTTscars. *reads*
He/Him/His Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 pm UTC

OTTscars! YAY!

Okay. I'm going to need to analyze these results and see if there are any statistical biases... hmmm...

*extracts*
*loads*
*transforms*
*aggregates*
*calculates*
*measures error*
*interprets*

HOLY FIVE SIGMA!!! THE RESULTS ARE CORRECT!
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:58 pm UTC

baobabs, yappo ! that's quite the ceremony !

part 1 ? Of 4 ???
*beat*
Blimey!
ETA : Kieryn, you deserved that award, alright :mrgreen:

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm UTC

Yay, OTTscars! :) CUNGratulations to the winners!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”