1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mrob27

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 pm UTC

HUMUNGOUS

Whew. Cueball's gone. The castle is safe (for now...)

Out-of-order ketchup (I forgot to include this below that previous UNG I posted). These replies are to some posts that were right before part 1 of the OTTscars.

Thank you all for the treeish double-dactyls!

TheMinim wrote: Okay! prepares nuclear weapons

Whoh. That escalated fast. (*leaves personal reminder never to ch*rp with Corinne...*)

BlitzGirl wrote: ***This is an announcement that the Newpage 1800 Smiley Repository is now fully stockpiled with OTT-posted smileys. ...

Yes, and a wingishly wowterfull repository that is. I've used it several times since the start of my visit to the Present. Thank you very molpy-much for making tham all into fora attachments!
    (It would be fun to find the obscure oldpost that contains all 624 attachments...)

Dracomax wrote: At the risk of VITSSÅGEN, JA!, I have to ask if that would make said OTTer gOTTzilla...

Well, I called him Gotterzilla first, so you'll have to wait behind me in the BGPSDQM (BlitzGirl PunSawDonut Queue Mob).

It can also be used to make aircraft carriers, apparently, if you add some woodpulp...

*no, that can't be... no-one wound think of turning an iceberg into ... hmmm, I'd better DuckDuckGoogleBing it just to make sure...* whoa. it's true.

(Some religions require you to be named after a saint). Redundancy is molpish; you can share a name day with people of different names, if the appropriate saint was also born on that day.

Hey, that is pretty molpish! Reminds me of the Hobbit custom of giving things to people on your birthday, rather than on theirs — another tradition I wish had been a part of my cultural background.

Edits: Count the smilies, and punsaw -> donut; fix Corinne typo :oops: Image

Edit 2: Again! Image (not deliberate) ... more poetry would be treeish, or speculate on where Cueball has molpied off to and how soon the UTC* will loop, or just find a molpy who needs a hug! Image (All optional, of course)

* UTC: Past tense of OTC.
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm UTC

Hey, are there some other OTTers driving through central California? Because yesterday I saw a license plate that said "OTT WE Image" :shock: I kept looking at it to see if I was reading it wrong.

Ooh, I see the OTTscar results are posted! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have time to check them out. I'm swamped with the Outside, trying to get ready to go on another trip, this time to Vegas (yes, I have a hard life.) But I'm excited to see that the OTT is being so very raptorish! Yay!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:

Whoh. That escalated fast. (*leaves personal reminder never to ch*rp with Corrine...*)

Never ch*rp with TheMinim. She's the one that will nuke your house if you ch*rp with her.

Corinne (2 ns, 1 r, btw - just in case I start going manic over that) is just my weapon of choice.

Corinne: And I love it! :twisted:
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:25 pm UTC

You know, It's weird. There's no way it could happen, but I keep expecting the oldpix to diverge from the original plot. I guess its just that old loopiest mentality resurfacing.

mystery,history,
oldpixbot and ST,
multiple ongs occur,
at the same Time.

But black and white pixels,
simultaneously
are fine, redundancy's,
far from a crime!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:29 pm UTC

Congrats Hes, only 48 posts to a nice round number!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:33 pm UTC

Congratulations on your diploma, balthalmamater! :)
Treeish retrOTTification, mrob! Image

yappobiscuits wrote:Just had a thought. If you win one of the OTTscars, you can go around telling people you're an OTTscar winner. Which would be very easily misheard... :mrgreen:

SREEE! Image I'm an OTTscar winner, in fact I've won multiple OTTscars! Thank you everymolpy who voted for me! I've said it before and I'll say it again: You xuys and your baobabishness are the reason I keep on coming back to this wowterful place. The OTT is indeed something very special, which I did not suspect when first I began blitzing it nearly one yip ago. This molpish community, this creative tribe, is worth making art about and for, and definitely worth returning to again and again. Thank you so much for the Blitzer, Artist, and Chatty Molpy Awards!! And thank you yappo for such an awesomeful ceremony and for dedicating much of your own Time to this fun event! Congratulations to the other nominees and winners! Hugs all around!

macraw83 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:Also, I was getting worried, as the entire xip past with nary a sign of BlitzGirl. But, she finally returned, with a very good excuse for her absence, proving that we do not share a mutual Present-presence exclusion:
BlitzGirl wrote:[center]ImageSREEE! Timeversary Ketchup! Image
For decree:
My dishwasher decided to celebrate the Timeversary by recreating the Zanclean Flood in my apartment! Image
So todip was an Outside dip dealing with a kitchenish sea, and tonip is an OTTerish nip dealing with a seaish ketchup.

[snip]
Ya know, as much fun as that sounds, it probably wasn't good for your kitchen floor. I hope you at least made the best of it (and that you have a landlord that's taking care of the dishwasher issue).
Thankfully I didn't need a raftcastle. Image It was just very annoying, particularly because I'm moving at the end of next mip and the Zanclean Dishwasher couldn't hold out for one more mip until I moved. But I have a molpish landlord who's taking care of the maintenance, so yay! I'm glad we can coexist in the Present together, macraw. :D

So, you didn't need the raftcastle, but surely you had it available just in case?

Of course. I live near a seaish body of water, so I have to be prepared if it decides to do all Zanclean on me.
Also, steakish manip! :D That's exactly what I had pictured in my head.

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: ***This is an announcement that the Newpage 1800 Smiley Repository is now fully stockpiled with OTT-posted smileys. ...

Yes, and a wingishly wowterfull repository that is. I've used it several times since the start of my visit to the Present. Thank you very molpy-much for making tham all into fora attachments!
    (It would be fun to find the obscure oldpost that contains all 624 attachments...)

Thanks, mrob! Thank-you to yourself for your habit of attaching smileys you use to your posts; that saved me from having to upload them since they were already forum attachments! Also, little-known fact: the maximum number of attachments for any one post is sixty-four, so it took me ten different attachment posts to upload the smileys. Image

mrob27 wrote:
Dracomax wrote: At the risk of VITSSÅGEN, JA!, I have to ask if that would make said OTTer gOTTzilla...

Well, I called him Gotterzilla first, so you'll have to wait behind me in the BGPSQM (BlitzGirl PunSaw Queue Mob).

I have a Queue Mob! Baobabs, I feel so warm and molpy todip! Too molpish to use the punsaw!

SMILUNG UNGCONTROLLABLY:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:35 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

Whoh. That escalated fast. (*leaves personal reminder never to ch*rp with Corrine...*)

Never ch*rp with TheMinim. She's the one that will nuke your house if you ch*rp with her.

Corinne (2 ns, 1 r, btw - just in case I start going manic over that) is just my weapon of choice.

Hey, hey, hey. Knock off with the nukings, before I am forced to make a citizen's inquisition.....

I swear....
*Brandishes nuclear S&Ms*
Last edited by Dracomax on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

HES

Would work better if not ninja'd

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 pm UTC

ergman wrote:You know, It's weird. There's no way it could happen, but I keep expecting the oldpix to diverge from the original plot.

*whistles innocently*
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Muahahaha

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 pm UTC

Oh boy, Time-traveling time-traveler!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

Part of me wants to edit that so it appears over several oldpix, but the rest of me can't be bothered.
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 pm UTC

HES' signature.
Image Yes.
Image I always thought this was a bicycle chain.

Also, I thought that ucim and the pope were the same person.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:43 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ergman wrote:You know, It's weird. There's no way it could happen, but I keep expecting the oldpix to diverge from the original plot.

*whistles innocently*

hahaha. Happy 2000! Happy 2002!

And BlitzGirl, congrats on your OTTscars and on 5500! I can't help but think those two things are related somehow... :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:44 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:HES' signature.
Image Yes.
Image I always thought this was a bicycle chain.

Also, I thought that ucim and the pope were the same person.

Can't be. MrRob is the pope.
“have i gone mad?

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 pm UTC

Not the same popes we're talking about.
Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction.
Not Pope of the Newpage.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:47 pm UTC

Irrelevant, everyone is Randall.
He/Him/His Image

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

Hey, hey, hey. Knock off with the nukings, before I am forced to make a citizen's inquisition.....

I swear....

I do not fear the Inquisition. I welcome it, in honour of the chaos and mayhem I'll have an excuse to create if the Inquisition get too close.

Alterance: STOP POSTING BEFORE I CAN POST!!!! :evil:
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm UTC

Breaking news:
The OTT is now less than three hundred newpages behind the Turtlemolpy Otherthread!
(The turtlemolpy otherthread was created 6.5 yips ago.)

Turtlemolps: 2133
OTTers: 1834
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

I swear....

I do not fear the Inquisition. I welcome it, in honour of the chaos and mayhem I'll have an excuse to create if the Inquisition get too close.

How are you going to Create chaos while sitting in the comfy chair eating S&Ms and lightly burned steak?

We also have punishment for snakes. Warm terrariums and slow micerodentmolpies. Slow miceRodentmolpies, people.
Last edited by Dracomax on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:HES' signature.

All images are links.

BlitzGirl wrote:Turtlemolpy Otherthread

Is that the Reckoning at work? It never used to be called that.

It's been a while since I've been reviewninja'd so many times.
He/Him/His Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:59 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Breaking news:
The OTT is now fewer than three hundred newpages behind the Turtlemolpy Otherthread!
(The turtlemolpy otherthread was created 6.5 yips ago.)

Turtlemolps: 2133
OTTers: 1834

So, assuming we overtake the thread, what is our next target?
“have i gone mad?

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:00 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:So, assuming we overtake the thread, what is our next target?

How far is count to a million? Or did we pass them already?
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm UTC

It's been so hard for me to ketchup, but I've finally made it.
Cake!(seaish)
Spoiler:
ImageImage

Can't write much now. Tricky orientation.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm UTC

The only target remaining after that (that I know of) is a needle-pulled thing in the closed group FaiD which has 5002 pages and was started 6 yips ago. Defeat them, and the OTT will be the most seaish thread on the fora. Count to a Million only has 1438 pages.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Like 400 pages ago. 1438 Pages, only at 57,517 posts. Molpies.
“have i gone mad?

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
macraw83 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:Also, I was getting worried, as the entire xip past with nary a sign of BlitzGirl. But, she finally returned, with a very good excuse for her absence, proving that we do not share a mutual Present-presence exclusion:
BlitzGirl wrote:[center]ImageSREEE! Timeversary Ketchup! Image
For decree:
My dishwasher decided to celebrate the Timeversary by recreating the Zanclean Flood in my apartment! Image
So todip was an Outside dip dealing with a kitchenish sea, and tonip is an OTTerish nip dealing with a seaish ketchup.

[snip]
Ya know, as much fun as that sounds, it probably wasn't good for your kitchen floor. I hope you at least made the best of it (and that you have a landlord that's taking care of the dishwasher issue).
Thankfully I didn't need a raftcastle. Image It was just very annoying, particularly because I'm moving at the end of next mip and the Zanclean Dishwasher couldn't hold out for one more mip until I moved. But I have a molpish landlord who's taking care of the maintenance, so yay! I'm glad we can coexist in the Present together, macraw. :D

So, you didn't need the raftcastle, but surely you had it available just in case?

Of course. I live near a seaish body of water, so I have to be prepared if it decides to do all Zanclean on me.

Of, course, the Pacific (or are you referring to whatever-that-bay-thing-is-called-in-Washington). Good point.

And much thanks! I'm glad it met expectations, especially considering it was my first time using any image-manipulation software other than MSPaint (specifically, GIMP) for anything other than simple GIFcery. I hope to have two more things done soonish.

HES wrote:Irrelevant, everyone is Randall.

We still haven't debunked this theory? Or, in the process of trying to debunk it, did we somehow prove it?

HES wrote:

Last time I checked (when I Blitzed through a section it was mentioned in about 1000NP ago, so about a mip ago), that was its name. If it's been put through the coffee filters, it's a more permanent change than the RECKONING.

HES wrote:

Pretty sure a few xips ago someone mentioned we passed them, I believe BlitzGirl became the first OTTmillionaire.

Schizety Blitzety
I haven't witnessed the
Present to move so fast
In many xips

But this is hampering
My schizoBlitzing, so
Maybe I should return
Back to the Past

ETA: double-preview-ninja'd
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

I swear....

How are you going to Create chaos while sitting in the comfy chair eating S&Ms and lightly burned steak?

We also have punishment for snakes. Warm terrariums and slow micerodentmolpies. Slow miceRodentmolpies, people.

Who says you'll get me in the comfy chair in the first place?

Even if you manage that, I know where all my secret buttons are that cause chaos, murder, mayhem... they're secreted on my body so they're ALWAYS accessible.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm UTC

HES wrote:

The name was apparently changed somewhen around the end of 2013H.

(For pre-TIme-registered OTTers, this is the FaiD "Fleeting/Random Thoughts" thread.)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

StratPlayer

It is TRULY ALL Related!

Postby StratPlayer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm UTC

Thank you all for your welcome back and your kind words about my last It's-All-Related post. I enjoyed putting that one together, and especially liked discovering the fact that there was an issue of Time magazine published on the exact same day that xkcd's "Time" started.

But while it gave a great link to Alvin Lee (although a very sad one in that it was his obituary), I've now realized that I overlooked something glaringly obvious about that magazine issue, which becomes even more apparent given the new OTTscars!!!

Look at the cover!!!!

As you can see HERE, the cover features THE POPE!!! O - M - R!

Clearly the GLR has embedded a much deeper level of inter-relatedness than my imperfect human brain could initially understand. But now it's so clear to me!!!

Pope Francis, featured on that cover following the start of his papacy, is the first Pope from the Americas -- "The New World Pope, " as Time calls it. Is that not obviously a reference to the the true 'Pope' of the OTT -- our Uber Pope/Mome, BlitzGirl???

OK, let me break it down for you:

1. Pope Francis was born "Jorge Mario Bergoglio" on December 17th, 1936 in Buenos Aires. Argentina. See? December 17th! That's also the day in 1790 when the Aztec Calendar Stone was discovered! Clearly this shows how Time is at the essence of all... What -- Not convinced? Alright, there's more:

2. December 17th is also the day in 1903 when the Wright Brothers made their first powered flight. We all know how Time flies, and clearly the OTC and OTT have been incredibly powerful. Don't you see the connection??? Well, there's more:

3. The Wright Brothers made their historic first flight at Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina, but the common conception is that it happened at Kitty Hawk, just up the road. Obviously, this is because the GLR has planned it that way -- "Kitty Hawk"! Get it? That's cleary linked to both how the OTTers watch the OTC like a hawk AND to Redundakitties! See how it all comes together, thanks to the wisdom of the GRL? But there's more:

4. "Kitty Hawk" was also the name of the US Naval carrier USS Kitty Hawk, which served from its commissioning in 1961 until decommissioned in 2009 -- 28 years. See??? Well, how old was the GLR when TIme began on 3/25/2103? Randall Munroe was born on October 17, 1984, which means that when 1190 came out, he was -- yep, 28! ***smiles and nods knowingly*** Wait --there's more:

5. The USS Kitty Hawk was used in 1966 to film scenes of the Walt Disney movie, Lt. Robinson Crusoe, USN, starring Dick Van Dyke and directed by Byron Paul. Byron Paul's first directing credit? Beat the Clock. I think it's pretty blatant how that relates to "Time". Yet there's still more:

6. Dick Van Dyke, who starred in "Lt. Crusoe, USN", followed it in 1967 with a starring role in the movie "Divorce American Style", produced by Norman Lear, who also produced Good Times. I think all the OTTers can agree that our "Time" has been very, very good, indeed. Yes -- there's more:

7. Beginning in 2006, Dick Van Dyke has also starred in the Hallmark Channel series of TV movies, Murder 101. "Murder 101" is also the name of a 1991 TV movie which starred Pierce Brosnan and Dey Young, who also made an appearance as 'Vicky Norris' in a movie called Doin' Time. No denying that blatant of a link to the OTT and OTC, right!?!?! And there is STILL more:

8. The star of the movie Murder 101, Pierce Brosnan, also starred in the 1992 film Live Wire. This movie, with a dismal rating of 0% on Rotten Tomatoes clearly points to the fact that the OTC characters are "wire" figures who are "live". I think we can all agree that's pretty obvious. But there's more:

9. "Live Wire" is also the name of a 2011 novel by mystery author Harlan Corban. Corban also wrote novels entitled "Stay Close", "Just One Look", and "Missing You", all of which obviously point to the OTT. Wait -- that's not all:

10. Harlan Corban was raised and schooled in Livingston, New Jersey. Someone else who lived in Livingston and who graduated from Livingston High School is Jason Alexander who played "George Costanza" in Seinfeld, and who also had a starring role in the TV series Everything's Relative. that's right. Everything IS relative -- AND related!!! But there's more:

11. Another famous product of Livingston, New Jersey is Chelsea Handler, who was born there in 1975. The host of Chelsea Lately, she has always had an edgy approach to comedy, as can been seen in an article from February 17 of this year in Cosmopolitan, where she talks about her recent safari in Africa. Notice the date of the "17th" again? This shows we're getting close to the final revelation of relatedness!

12. In the Cosmopolitan article, Chelsea talks in item #3 about the weight gain during the safari. This clearly links to the fact that the GLR has surely decreed that this is a very heavy connection, indeed, and it is revealed when Chelsea says "I had put on so much weight that I had developed a diaperlike rash, which I believed was from wearing jeans that were cutting off my circulation." There it is -- A "Chelsea Rash!!!"

13. For, LO!, the GLR has deemed in his infinite wisdom. that there be His divine creation known as Chelsea Rash, as seen on this blog, who is truly most dear to all of those who follow the OTC and the OTT. For this Chelsea Rash is none other than BlitzGirl, as is revealed in her signature.

:shock:

Let no-one deny the clear and concise revelation that only deepens the connection between our Pope/Mome BlitzGirl, the glory of the OTT, and all the great wonders of the OTCthat the GLR has created!

It is ALL Related!!! :D

(Edited for formatting)
Last edited by StratPlayer on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

It is indeed! :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np127

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

TUNGUELET...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

The outside beckons

Postby HES » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 pm UTC

Huh. Where'd the hovercraft go?
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: The outside beckons

Postby SBN » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:15 pm UTC

HES wrote:Huh. Where'd the hovercraft go?

It left the 2.5 D slice, so is out of view. Currently hovering just in front of your screen.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:17 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

I swear....

Who says you'll get me in the comfy chair in the first place?

Even if you manage that, I know where all my secret buttons are that cause chaos, murder, mayhem... they're secreted on my body so they're ALWAYS accessible.

Didn't you notice that you are already sitting in the comfy chair? we did it while you weren't expecting it. Nobody expects the OTTish inquisition.

But it seems we may need a harsher punishment. Prepare the Champaign dinner!
“have i gone mad?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:20 pm UTC

The Champaign, Illinois dinner? Or a Champagne grapevine-juice dinner?

macraw83 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
macraw83 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ImageSREEE! Timeversary Ketchup! Image
For decree:

Of, course, the Pacific (or are you referring to whatever-that-bay-thing-is-called-in-Washington). Good point.

And much thanks! I'm glad it met expectations, especially considering it was my first time using any image-manipulation software other than MSPaint (specifically, GIMP) for anything other than simple GIFcery. I hope to have two more things done soonish.

Baobabs, that's very steakish indeed for your first othersoftware manip!

The seaish Washingtonwater is called Puget Sound.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:Thank you all for your welcome back and your kind words about my last It's-All-Related post. I enjoyed putting that one together, and especially liked discovering the fact that there was an issue of Time magazine published on the exact same day that xkcd's "Time" started.

But while it gave a great link to Alvin Lee (although a very sad one in that it was his obituary), I've now realized that I overlooked something glaringly obvious about that magazine issue, which becomes even more apparent given the new OTTscars!!!

Look at the cover!!!!

Spoiler:
As you can see HERE, the cover features THE POPE!!! O - M - R!

Clearly the GLR has embedded a much deeper level of inter-relatedness than my imperfect human brain could initially understand. But now it's so clear to me!!!

Pope Francis, featured on that cover following the start of his papacy, is the first Pope from the Americas -- "The New World Pope, " as Time calls it. Is that not obviously a reference to the the true 'Pope' of the OTT -- our Uber Pope/Mome, BlitzGirl???

OK, let me break it down for you:

1. Pope Francis was born "Jorge Mario Bergoglio" on December 17th, 1936 in Buenos Aires. Argentina. See? December 17th! That's also the day in 1790 when the Aztec Calendar Stone was discovered! Clearly this shows how Time is at the essence of all... What -- Not convinced? Alright, there's more:

2. December 17th is also the day in 1903 when the Wright Brothers made their first powered flight. We all know how Time flies, and clearly the OTC and OTT have been incredibly powerful. Don't you see the connection??? Well, there's more:

3. The Wright Brothers made their historic first flight at Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina, but the common conception is that it happened at Kitty Hawk, just up the road. Obviously, this is because the GLR has planned it that way -- "Kitty Hawk"! Get it? That's cleary linked to both how the OTTers watch the OTC like a hawk AND to Redundakitties! See how it all comes together, thanks to the wisdom of the GRL? But there's more:

4. "Kitty Hawk" was also the name of the US Naval carrier USS Kitty Hawk, which served from its commissioning in 1961 until decommissioned in 2009 -- 28 years. See??? Well, how old was the GLR when TIme began on 3/25/2103? Randall Munroe was born on October 17, 1984, which means that when 1190 came out, he was -- yep, 28! ***smiles and nods knowingly*** Wait --there's more:

5. The USS Kitty Hawk was used in 1966 to film scenes of the Walt Disney movie, Lt. Robinson Crusoe, USN, starring Dick Van Dyke and directed by Byron Paul. Byron Paul's first directing credit? Beat the Clock. I think it's pretty blatant how that relates to "Time". Yet there's still more:

6. Dick Van Dyke, who starred in "Lt. Crusoe, USN", followed it in 1967 with a starring role in the movie "Divorce American Style", produced by Norman Lear, who also produced Good Times. I think all the OTTers can agree that our "Time" has been very, very good, indeed. Yes -- there's more:

7. Beginning in 2006, Dick Van Dyke has also starred in the Hallmark Channel series of TV movies, Murder 101. "Murder 101" is also the name of a 1991 TV movie which starred Pierce Brosnan and Dey Young, who also made an appearance as 'Vicky Norris' in a movie called Doin' Time. No denying that blatant of a link to the OTT and OTC, right!?!?! And there is STILL more:

8. The star of the movie Murder 101, Pierce Brosnan, also starred in the 1992 film Live Wire. This movie, with a dismal rating of 0% on Rotten Tomatoes clearly points to the fact that the OTC characters are "wire" figures who are "live". I think we can all agree that's pretty obvious. But there's more:

9. "Live Wire" is also the name of a 2011 novel by mystery author Harlan Corban. Corban also wrote novels entitled "Stay Close", "Just One Look", and "Missing You", all of which obviously point to the OTT. Wait -- that's not all:

10. Harlan Corban was raised and schooled in Livingston, New Jersey. Someone else who lived in Livingston and who graduated from Livingston High School is Jason Alexander who played "George Costanza" in Seinfeld, and who also had a starring role in the TV series Everything's Relative. that's right. Everything IS relative -- AND related!!! But there's more:

11. Another famous product of Livingston, New Jersey is Chelsea Handler, who was born there in 1975. The host of Chelsea Lately, she has always had an edgy approach to comedy, as can been seen in an article from February 17 of this year in Cosmopolitan, where she talks about her recent safari in Africa. Notice the date of the "17th" again? This shows we're getting close to the final revelation of relatedness!

12. In the Cosmopolitan article, Chelsea talks in item #3 about the weight gain during the safari. This clearly links to the fact that the GLR has surely decreed that this is a very heavy connection, indeed, and it is revealed when Chelsea says "I had put on so much weight that I had developed a diaperlike rash, which I believed was from wearing jeans that were cutting off my circulation." There it is -- A "Chelsea Rash!!!"

13. For, LO!, the GLR has deemed in his infinite wisdom. that there be His divine creation known as Chelsea Rash, as seen on this blog, who is truly most dear to all of those who follow the OTC and the OTT. For this Chelsea Rash is none other than BlitzGirl, as is revealed in her signature.

:shock:

Let no-one deny the clear and concise revelation that only deepens the connection between our Pope/Mome BlitzGirl, the glory of the OTT, and all the great wonders of the OTCthat the GLR has created!

It is ALL Related!!! :D

(Edited for formatting)

YES YES YES! OMR, I missed these SO much! You just made my day StratPlayer!

Dracomax wrote:But it seems we may need a harsher punishment. Prepare the Champaign dinner!

Yes, having to go to dinner at U of I in Urbana-Champaign would be punishment indeed. It's ch*rpin' cold there.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 pm UTC

I just had a very amusing thought: Wouldn't it be molpish to have GLR as guestspeaker at the OTTscars?
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:32 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I just had a very amusing thought: Wouldn't it be molpish to have GLR as guestspeaker at the OTTscars?

Maybe next year. It's a bit late to get him this year.
“have i gone mad?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 pm UTC

Time is not on our side.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile