1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 12:29 am UTC

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Cuegan could walk on water. Their stick limbs might be able to be suspended by the surface tension, like those of water skippers.

Image

ergman wrote: sa(ck)tchelually

Oh, ergman. Image


Image
Optional decree:
Bring some interesting bugmolpies!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0990

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 am UTC

ONGELHOODS...
Image
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 am UTC

Good job, newpixbot. Those mutantflutterbees are certainly interesting.

Image

Fukushima radiation has not been good for flutterbees.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 1:01 am UTC

The first part of not **dUNG...

Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

UNBASEMENTING. IT WORKS, CH*RPIES.

Postby mrob27 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:57 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote: I get that that's what the final panel is talking about, I just don't understand how any of that stuff about morse code in the 2nd panel has anything to do with it...

In the second panel, it is said that the French Navy was declaring that it was making its "last cry" before "eternal silence". The eternal silence of the end of Morse Code radio transmissions is similar to the eternal silence that (notionally) has existed in Livejournal for a while (though of course that's not true, it's an exaggeration.) Note that neither involves actual physical (acoustic) silence, so both are metaphors.
    (Ninja'd a lot, by others who did not deconstruct it nearly enough :twisted: )

BlitzGirl wrote:
taixzo wrote: So, you went bag to the Past?

VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Image

I think that deserves more of a chronopunsaw, i.e.:
Image

Earthling on Mars wrote: The Second Bag Incident, one yip after the first. Bag Puns 2: Electric Bagaloo.

I'd say by now we're up to at least Time IV: The Voyage Home (pack your bags).

Oh dear, way too many bag puns. Yes truly the second coming of the bagopocalypse. Image I think I'll get back to the 27 things I still need to do with Q04B...
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
addams
Posts: 9936
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby addams » Thu May 01, 2014 1:59 am UTC

mscha wrote:The first part of not **dUNG...

Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

ok. Now it begins.
This is the first part of The End.

Spoiler:
Again.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Forever asleep in a splendid cradle
Contact:

Back from river[coma]

Postby AluisioASG » Thu May 01, 2014 2:08 am UTC

Too fast… TOO FAST!

SBN wrote:Is it named Order?

I don't know if they have names.
I don't know who feeds them.
I don't know anything.

HES wrote:A Wat has definitely got to be some kind of molpy.

Yup, I use them as light bulbs.

BlitzGirl wrote:Pay attention to the rock in the foreground:

Compare it in panels 1 and 2/4 too.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Good job, newpixbot. Those mutantflutterbees are certainly interesting.

Image

Fukushima radiation has not been good for flutterbees.


Poor mutant flutterbees.

I'm always sad Radiation doesn't make giant mutant versions of things. Although perhaps I will be proved wrong when Kiev rolls out its giant army of mutant cockroaches from Chernobyl.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Forever asleep in a splendid cradle
Contact:

Square-cube! Square-cube! Square-cube!

Postby AluisioASG » Thu May 01, 2014 2:48 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:I'm always sad Radiation doesn't make giant mutant versions of things.

You reminded me of something I realized a few days ago:
In Portuguese, “Square-cube” rhymes with, and has the same syllable count of, “Bettlejuice”.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 566
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby moody7277 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:01 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:Although perhaps I will be proved wrong when Kiev rolls out its giant army of mutant cockroaches from Chernobyl.


If Kiev had had a giant cockroach army, Putin would never have taken the Crimea.

Also, saltpanUNG

Image
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

User avatar
ggh
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:45 am UTC
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Thu May 01, 2014 3:11 am UTC

I have been chuckling with glee all day - cheers y'all! Such clever, clever molpies you are!

Gotta run, but I'll be b a g
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu May 01, 2014 3:14 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:Although perhaps I will be proved wrong when Kiev rolls out its giant army of mutant cockroaches from Chernobyl.


If Kiev had had a giant cockroach army, Putin would never have taken the Crimea.


False sense of security?
Although i imagine the problem was they don't have big enough fridges for them to hide under.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6369
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Thu May 01, 2014 3:40 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:So, do you think it's some sort of cosmic retribution for the punsaw?
BlitzGirl wrote:Indeed. Thus I have been doomed to wander the OTT with a punsaw forevermore.
Once, an OTTer, weak and weary from a blitz with eyes all bleary
pondering newpages quaint and curious. She could not withdraw.
While upon the leopard tapping, images of cats recapping
suddenly her mind was snapping - snapping as had ne'er before.
"'Tis but jest", she muttered. "Nothing on the page unseen before.
It will raise a loud guffaw.
Spoiler:
Ah, distinctly I remember, though my mind's a dying ember,
That a ghost would soon dismember all whose words would dare explore
eagerly the play of meaning, then await, while sitting, preening.
Now however all was molpish. "Treeish humor, bring me more!"
Thus the future's fate was settled, no-one knowing what's in store.
"Treeish humor, bring me more!"

Pondering the rising waters, to the myriad of OTTers,
this decree was taken inwards. Nothing here they would ignore!
So that now, to feed NewPages, words whose meanings came in stages
fell upon the leopard keys in quantities not seen before.
After every posting came another likewise playing more.
Merely this, and nothing more.

Deep into the window peering, seeing words I found endearing,
as the Cuegan took their backpacks wandering upon the shore,
came the word that turned the table, all at once she was unstable
Movie pictures were re-titled, making films that heretofore
hadn't had a chance to flourish with the OTTer's new rapport.
"The Baginning". Nothing more.

Startled at the silliness ensuing, soon her eyes would glisten.
Tears of pain were forming, falling on her humble chamber floor.
'Twas her doing, no denying. That could not prevent her crying
out to try to keep the punning from becoming ever more.
That, her kismet: Sanity would be upon her to restore.
Be there wordplay? Nevermore!

So it was one morning fatal that ideas in stages natal
entered into BlitzGirl's mind when words whose double meanings gnaw.
But the OTTers, still beguiling kept on typing, punning, smiling,
as the thing that needles pull continued on with molpish awe.
Bags injected, unprotected BlitzGirl would become The Law.
Nothing left but "Grab the saw!"

Filled with power, chains for cutters, leaving all the thread in sputters
Valiently attacked she at the needle-pulling's glaring flaw.
OTTer fragments everywhere when off she molpied on a tear. Then
screaming Swedish she would vow that no pun would escape the saw.
Soon "Vitssagen Ja!" became the battle cry before The Saw.
"Puns from OTTers? Nevermore!"

Undeterred the thread continues through the sound of ripping sinews!
Meanings double, triple even, as the puns would not withdraw.
'Tis ironic karma showing as the OTTers, easygoing,
bait the punsaw, winking, blinking, nodding as they ask for more.
Soon the scrumptious donut came but still the OTTers ask for more.
"Ja, Vitssagen! Get the saw!"

Soon our June Bug, HES, and others proved that they would saw their brothers
given punnish mental efforts sent by leopard as before.
Yet I see in twists ironic, they both pun and drink the tonic.
Nothing will escape the wielder of the Great Vitssagen Saw.
They, themselves pay retribution to the Great Vitssagen Saw.
"Punning we will not ignore."

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
never having entered into verses penned by me before.
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
puns to leopard into needle-pulling-things to underscore:
'Tis a battle joined eternal: sanity to thread restore.
BlitzGirl's here forevermore.
Apologies to literature lovers everywhere!

Thanks ChrnosDragon for the computery link. Interesting, and more true than I'd like to admit! "You can't reboot the internet!". That's why I think we're all liver cells (or stomach cells, or bone cells...) in a new organism that is being born as we speak. I think that the networked computers, and the people that run them and are dependent on them, constitute a new life form. Not just a colony, but an actual organism. I wonder what it's thinking.

Welcome Mr. Moriaty! Good to see you again! And you too KayZ!

lmjb1964 wrote:You would not believe how much you miss running water till it ain't running any more.
I went through that twice, for a week each, when we had those storms. One in the fall, one in the winter. Unmolpish.

BlueCrab wrote:I don't think I knew you were in Connecticut! Would you look admiringly at the landscape for me, please?
Tries to oblige... sees darkness, hears pouring rain. But I'll do some timey wimey stuff and you can consider the landscape admired!

I spent seven years in California; quite a contrast! It's beautiful out there too, but it's a very different kind of beautiful.

yappobiscuits wrote:That lizardmolpy looks a little like... *ahem* someone's 100th post.
I'd be worried about the legs.

D'awwww!

slinches wrote:Oh no! We're in the midst of Bagpocalypse Now: Redux.
Many years before pre-history, I did some video with a bunch of very molpish people, and one of the shoots was a spoof of a particularly insipid morning show. The director left one of the cameras running continuously during the rehearsal and performance, and saved the tape. During the rehearsal, various members of the cast and crew made amusing comments about the goings-on, which were (of course) recorded thereon.

Ten years later, there was a reunion, and he pulled out this tape that nobody knew he had made. So now, we were observers watching ourselves watch the rehearsal, and we were (of course) making amusing comments about what we were seeing on the screen, which included what was being rehearsed in the first place. And in many cases, just a few moments later, that same comment would appear on tape, made by that same person ten years before.

Alas, I don't think anybody videotaped us watching the videotape of the videotaping.

As a decree, taixzo wrote:eat something
Can I eat my words?

balthabike - that is one scary vitzphonen! I'm going to have to break down and get caller ID!

Of course I tried to click that redundakitty! You never know!

BlitzGirl wrote:ETA some interesting mustard noted in the Otherthread for the latest Othercomic. Pay attention to the rock in the foreground:
Maybe it's plutonium. Although I suppose it's more likely it's just a pluton. Although now that I think about it, plutons are pretty big. It's probably a plupound. (Do they still use pounds anymore? Maybe it's a plueuro.)

Lots of other stuff I wanted to say, but I have to go back to my prayers. (ooh! More grapevines!)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np1009

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 4:10 am UTC

BEVUNGTON...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THEY'RE TAKING THE RABTORS TO ISENGARD!

-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0991

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 am UTC

SEMARONG...
Image
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 am UTC

Those wings are not so beautiful.
Spoiler:
Image

Awesomeful ottification-poem-story, Jose! :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Mr Moriaty
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am UTC
Location: A ship in the North Sea.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu May 01, 2014 4:51 am UTC

The 2 birds'o'pray seem alright, eating those can't be too healthy.

The fish probably don't look much better
Spoiler:
Image
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Time Revisited - np1010

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 am UTC

MUSTARDUNG...
Image

(The mustard actually started in newpix 1007, but oldpixbot is not UNGing the mustardy versions.)


For decree:
Spoiler:
Image

(Eucharitid wasp)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu May 01, 2014 6:10 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
HES wrote:
azule wrote: All doors lead to the basement.

We should probably fix that.
Don't remember what I was going to say about this, presumably something clever about continuing efforts to map the basement, or Doors being a DnD monster...

Nope, not the doors:

Description: Basement (huge monster)
Appearance: cavernous space deep under the OTT
Form: Skin is one with the bedrock supporting the OTT.
Abilities: Special form of Dimension Door. Able to create Dimension Doors anywhere in the OTT. With these Doors the Basement traps unsuspecting OTTers which form it's food supply.
Occurrence: There can be only one.
Attack rate: Unpredictable.
Weaknesses: Time related remarks from GLR.
Defenses against The Basement: None are known. Some OTTers are released again by the Basement after a while, but many are never seen again.
Much is unknown of the Basement. Those who wander to deep into the belly of the Basement never return to tell the tale.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP
Contact:

Time Revisited - np1011

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu May 01, 2014 6:15 am UTC

MUSTARD CUNGTINUES...
Image
Spoiler:
Image
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:TIME HAPPENED BEFORE I WAS BORN. YET I'M OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU.

-- posted by all punsawed out
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ZoomanSP
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am UTC
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 am UTC

Image
Mr Moriaty wrote:I go with the radiation theory and the cave is a natural nuclear reactor like Oklo.

That's interesting! Thanks for making me one of today's lucky 10,000.

lmjb1964 wrote:Trivial but RELATED fact: 2400 was the address of my childhood home. Well, the numerical part of my address. It would be pretty confusing if someone's address was just 2400.

My sister's former street address was S6 22. Followed by the zipcode and the city name, of course.

BlitzGirl wrote:ETA some interesting mustard noted in the Otherthread for the latest Othercomic. Pay attention to the rock in the foreground:
Spoiler:
Image

It loses some lines in panel 3. Maybe it's a sneaky molpy? A What, even?

Antmolpies! :)

ucim wrote:Once, an OTTer, weak and weary from a blitz with eyes all bleary
pondering newpages quaint and curious. She could not withdraw.
While upon the leopard tapping, images of cats recapping
suddenly her mind was snapping - snapping as had ne'er before.
"'Tis but jest", she muttered. "Nothing on the page unseen before.
It will raise a loud guffaw.
Spoiler:
Ah, distinctly I remember, though my mind's a dying ember,
That a ghost would soon dismember all whose words would dare explore
eagerly the play of meaning, then await, while sitting, preening.
Now however all was molpish. "Treeish humor, bring me more!"
Thus the future's fate was settled, no-one knowing what's in store.
"Treeish humor, bring me more!"

Pondering the rising waters, to the myriad of OTTers,
this decree was taken inwards. Nothing here they would ignore!
So that now, to feed NewPages, words whose meanings came in stages
fell upon the leopard keys in quantities not seen before.
After every posting came another likewise playing more.
Merely this, and nothing more.

Deep into the window peering, seeing words I found endearing,
as the Cuegan took their backpacks wandering upon the shore,
came the word that turned the table, all at once she was unstable
Movie pictures were re-titled, making films that heretofore
hadn't had a chance to flourish with the OTTer's new rapport.
"The Baginning". Nothing more.

Startled at the silliness ensuing, soon her eyes would glisten.
Tears of pain were forming, falling on her humble chamber floor.
'Twas her doing, no denying. That could not prevent her crying
out to try to keep the punning from becoming ever more.
That, her kismet: Sanity would be upon her to restore.
Be there wordplay? Nevermore!

So it was one morning fatal that ideas in stages natal
entered into BlitzGirl's mind when words whose double meanings gnaw.
But the OTTers, still beguiling kept on typing, punning, smiling,
as the thing that needles pull continued on with molpish awe.
Bags injected, unprotected BlitzGirl would become The Law.
Nothing left but "Grab the saw!"

Filled with power, chains for cutters, leaving all the thread in sputters
Valiently attacked she at the needle-pulling's glaring flaw.
OTTer fragments everywhere when off she molpied on a tear. Then
screaming Swedish she would vow that no pun would escape the saw.
Soon "Vitssagen Ja!" became the battle cry before The Saw.
"Puns from OTTers? Nevermore!"

Undeterred the thread continues through the sound of ripping sinews!
Meanings double, triple even, as the puns would not withdraw.
'Tis ironic karma showing as the OTTers, easygoing,
bait the punsaw, winking, blinking, nodding as they ask for more.
Soon the scrumptious donut came but still the OTTers ask for more.
"Ja, Vitssagen! Get the saw!"

Soon our June Bug, HES, and others proved that they would saw their brothers
given punnish mental efforts sent by leopard as before.
Yet I see in twists ironic, they both pun and drink the tonic.
Nothing will escape the wielder of the Great Vitssagen Saw.
They, themselves pay retribution to the Great Vitssagen Saw.
"Punning we will not ignore."

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
never having entered into verses penned by me before.
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
puns to leopard into needle-pulling-things to underscore:
'Tis a battle joined eternal: sanity to thread restore.
BlitzGirl's here forevermore.

Awesomeful!

For decree: My current flutterbee study species:
Spoiler:
Image
The Common Imperial Blue, Jalmenus evagoras.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Jalmenus evagoras.jpg
Wait on.

Image
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0992

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 am UTC

BONGLES...
Image
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
ggh
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:45 am UTC
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Thu May 01, 2014 9:05 am UTC

Jose, what a masterpiece! So many great lines! I can't decide which is my favourite... I think it's one of these gems:
ucim wrote:But the OTTers, still beguiling kept on typing, punning, smiling,
...
OTTer fragments everywhere when off she molpied on a tear.
...
Undeterred the thread continues through the sound of ripping sinews!
...
Yet I see in twists ironic, they both pun and drink the tonic.


ETA: for mome:
Image
Last edited by ggh on Thu May 01, 2014 9:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np1014

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 9:10 am UTC

SURFACUNGS...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CHIRPIES OR GTCO

-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2196
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am UTC

I gotta go with this one:
ggh wrote:Jose, what a masterpiece! So many great lines! I can't decide which is my favourite... I think it's one of these gems:
ucim wrote:Yet I see in twists ironic, they both pun and drink the tonic.

But it's a hard choice.

AluisioASG wrote:Too fast… TOO FAST!

SBN wrote:Is it named Order?

I don't know if they have names.
I don't know who feeds them.
I don't know anything.

At the risk of explaining the joke:
AluisioASG wrote:So much puns… we need Order.


Spoiler:
Image
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
ggh
Posts: 1950
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:45 am UTC
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Thu May 01, 2014 10:46 am UTC

Some other things I meant to say....

BlitzGirl wrote:
We

We aren't so easily explained

Spoiler:
A sea of memories I could recite
A song we've sung at our own rate
A story to which we've given birth
Moments of joy, of care, of fright

We are so vast, yet still contained

To craft a thing new to this world
And leave it to the whims of fate
A path before us soon unfurled
Of unseen wonders, new estate

Experience of boundless worth
And as our ignorances drained
Behind our eyes new rivers swirled

Our voices' echo in canyons great
Cries of the young soon to take flight
Shy creatures' rustles against the earth
The shimmer of wings just out of sight
We learned as skies above us twirled
The sounds of stars in longest night
Beside you I slept soundly curled
And left with you at journey's light

This life with you was worth the wait
The time we've spent now time we've gained
We see a future, cool and bright

This is lovely, BlitzGirl! I can totally see you asleep beside your Timeaccessor. Gee, I hope that doesn't sound like a stalker. I just like how cozy and warm your poem feels. Yappo, will you be singing this one?


And, not to bring you down BlitzGirl, but Zooman, what a great collection of puns that was! I wish my memory was good enough to throw one or two into conversation now and then. On the plus side, with a memory like mine, I'll be able to enjoy them just as much the next time I read them. :)


Speaking of puns, bonus points for the reticule, Laura Mae! I had to look that up. :) Good luck with your water heater! (and 24 was the address of my childhood home.)


CD: Treeish article you posted! And I agree with you - I'd love to see Randall write a science book for kids!


Oh, and BlitzGirl (again) nifty ottified shoreline! Do we have a collection of these anywhere?

mrob27 wrote:The principle that I was describing can be generalized by saying that any ability to undo (which includes save-and-restore) works at cross purposes with any gambling element in a game.
FTFY, I think.
I'm always impressed with the energy you put into so many projects, mrob. I'm far from sure, but my suspicion is that we here in this universe are in a big sim, and we exist as something else outside this time and sim-space. I think we come here to play, to enjoy, to be challenged, etc. Some beings will just want a pleasurable vacation and will sign up to be a cat. But maybe it's not just the destination creatures that are varied; perhaps there is also a wide range of entities that make use of this sim, and they have quite different characteristics that show through in this sim projection. I imagine there to be some crazy energetic other-dimenional squids that jump in here and be people that are quite more lively than the people who are instances of some other-dimensional plankton like me. You, mrob, are one of those other-dimensional squids.


taixzo:
Spoiler:
VITSBAGEN, JA! was genius!

Aluisio, you get the win for your light bulbs.


Can someone explain the Ohio thing to me? And ENAP?

For mome:
Image


ETA: Ooh, what a cute bugmolpy, SBN!

ETA2: GUNG HO
Image

ETA3: UNGATHERED
Image
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4863
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

I ACCIDENTALLY A RNM, IS THIS BAD?

Postby HES » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Trivial but RELATED fact: 2400 was the address of my childhood home. Well, the numerical part of my address. It would be pretty confusing if someone's address was just 2400.

My sister's former street address was S6 22. Followed by the zipcode and the city name, of course.

In the UK, 8 NG7 1SD is the full address. The rest is redundant. (I no longer know who lives there)

Anything more recent will have to wait for bacon.
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0993

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

ICHONG...
Image
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4863
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

What happens if...

Postby HES » Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 pm UTC

Silly Cuegan, those things happen anyway. Or was there a nuclear war I wasn't told about?

(edit because mine totally belongs on top. Double post? schmouble schmost!)
Last edited by HES on Thu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
taixzo
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am UTC
Location: The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:For decree: My current flutterbee study species:
Spoiler:
Image
The Common Imperial Blue, Jalmenus evagoras.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Jalmenus%20evagoras.jpg


I've seen these before, at a zoo, and wondered something that I again wonder now: Why is it called "blue" if it's not blue at all?

Edit?
Last edited by taixzo on Thu May 01, 2014 3:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

User avatar
taixzo
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am UTC
Location: The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Thu May 01, 2014 12:36 pm UTC

Interesting; these last two posts are another example of the post id's getting out-of-order. (I guessed this might be the case when I submitted mine and saw HES's post too without reloading.)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4863
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Thu May 01, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

Yeah, I didn't get previewninjad. (And an edit just threw mine on top)
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2196
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: I ACCIDENTALLY A RNM, IS THIS BAD?

Postby SBN » Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Trivial but RELATED fact: 2400 was the address of my childhood home. Well, the numerical part of my address. It would be pretty confusing if someone's address was just 2400.

My sister's former street address was S6 22. Followed by the zipcode and the city name, of course.

In the UK, 8 NG7 1SD is the full address. The rest is redundant. (I no longer know who lives there)

Anything more recent will have to wait for bacon.

In the US, house number and zip + four is definitive, but the redundant parts are required. (Partly for error checking, partly for friendliness.) I do know many people who give their locations based on their telephone area codes though. Sentences such as "Back in the 206!" or "Anyone going to 516 this weekend?" are completely normal. No longer completely logical, but normal:
Spoiler:
Image
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
waveney
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm UTC
Location: The Far South of England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby waveney » Thu May 01, 2014 12:43 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:For decree: My current flutterbee study species:
Spoiler:
Image
The Common Imperial Blue, Jalmenus evagoras.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Jalmenus%20evagoras.jpg


I've seen these before, at a zoo, and wondered something that I again wonder now: Why is it called "blue" if it's not blue at all?

I don't know about this particular one, but in some species it is only the males that are Blue and then only top surface's of the wings.

User avatar
ergman
Posts: 1212
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 am UTC
Location: Canada
Contact:

No, stick bugs are just a thing

Postby ergman » Thu May 01, 2014 1:00 pm UTC

Maybe this radiation is why everyone is so skinny!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6876
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np1018

Postby mscha » Thu May 01, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

DISCOMFORTUNGLY...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO. MY NAME IS ROUNDHAIR. YOU KETCHUP'D MY PRICKLYMOLPS. PREPARE TO MOLPY ABOUT.

-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4863
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 pm UTC

DISCOMFORTUGHLY
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
ZoomanSP
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am UTC
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu May 01, 2014 1:29 pm UTC

HES wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Trivial but RELATED fact: 2400 was the address of my childhood home. Well, the numerical part of my address. It would be pretty confusing if someone's address was just 2400.

My sister's former street address was S6 22. Followed by the zipcode and the city name, of course.

In the UK, 8 NG7 1SD is the full address. The rest is redundant. (I no longer know who lives there)

That's an even twelver address. However, Google Maps doesn't recognize it as a complete address; at least for them some of the redundant rest is not redundant.

waveney wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:For decree: My current flutterbee study species:
Spoiler:
Image
The Common Imperial Blue, Jalmenus evagoras.

I've seen these before, at a zoo, and wondered something that I again wonder now: Why is it called "blue" if it's not blue at all?

I don't know about this particular one, but in some species it is only the males that are Blue and then only top surface's of the wings.

Yes, they're blue on the top surface of their wings (in this species that's true for both sexes):
Spoiler:
Image
For decree: My former antmolpy study species:
Spoiler:
Image
Protomognathus americanus
Wait on.

Image
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

User avatar
BlueCrab
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 12:10 am UTC
Location: Connecticut Yankee in Virginia

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlueCrab » Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 pm UTC

Ran out of ketchup, have to mash some more tomatoes...

mrob27, knitting:
Spoiler:
mrob27 wrote:...I play (Q04B) for a few dozen moves at a time, or when I'm bored I might go for 5 minutes. It's like knitting. Can one be addicted to knitting? Yes, of course. Any behaviour can be addictive (for suitably broad definitions of "addiction").
Just remember:
image.jpg
Too true


Quote I just came across on my youngest's Tumblr:
connectinglinks wrote:I agree, Majora’s Mask is quite…. Time consuming.
:shock: oh, dear...

HES and BlitzGirl, Camp Misconstruction:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: Cuegan will have to carry her back to camp Oh No I've Gone Recursive.

Is that the one next to camp Hey That Hamply Is Deliberately Misconstruing Again?
BlitzGirl wrote: Megan's rummaging for the dilgunnerang. She'll attempt to fill it with water from the LOOK OUT! Lake. Frizzle will try to stop her, and in the resulting struggle, the Beanie will fall and break several bones
...into the riverishsea and mutate into a ravenously haired superbeanie.

If she attacked you you'd get eaten by her hair?!


Neil_Boekend, Mr Moriaty, rocks:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote: Dammit. You're probably right. I thought the hill looked a little weird when i first saw it. Would explain why it was close to a water source though.

Awwww i wanted a chance to talk about rocks

Why not talk about the real rocks?
I know only a little about rocks. It pretty much stops at "they aren't tasty" .
What kind of rocks could be below the reactor to allow radioactive water to reach the ground water?
You didn't know it hurts when they hit you? You're one of today's 10,000!
Something porous like limestone would allow water through, or any kind of stone if it's fractured badly enough. An earthquake strong enough to collapse the Straits could have done it if the reactor was close enough - I un-basemented well after the start of Time After Time, was there discussion about which reactor this might be?
Last edited by BlueCrab on Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat


“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

User avatar
taixzo
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am UTC
Location: The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Thu May 01, 2014 3:41 pm UTC

HES wrote:Yeah, I didn't get previewninjad. (And an edit just threw mine on top)


And a test edit just put mine on top again. Interesting. :?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests