1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:12 pm UTC

Saw this awhile back..

HES wrote:Thanks oldpixbot, now Timgoddess can post again :mrgreen:

There are some who call me...Tim?

Speaking of MP and the HG, does Cuegan's whole thought process remind anyone else of the villagers in this scene? (An awesome little side note--I typed "a duck" in youtube's search box, and it was the first video to come up. :D )

Nice to hear from Gingercat. That Heinlein story was pretty interesting. Always tough to get by Heinlein's rampant sexism, though. :( I know, he was writing in a different time and all that, but still.

yappobiscuits wrote:Breaking news: Seth MacFarlane is a colossal heretic.

What did this link to?

Have fun in Switzerland, Link! (For some reason, what I typed first was "Happy fun in Switzerland!" Which sounds like something you'd see on Japanese candy. "Happy fun eating food!") I like Switzerland. Would like to visit it again one of these dips.

BlitzGirl wrote:Cueball lookUNG weird here:
Spoiler:

(This newpix originally ONGed by lmjb1964, according to OTT Time Travel.)

Wow. There were not many that I ONGed, being in the past all the time. Treeish!

Can('t) wait to see Lu's story. And his posts are getting very poetic.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
bachaddict wrote:Quick! show us what features the OTT Phone (One True Phone?) would have!

1. It would need to be floaty and have an on-board water displacement device. Otherwise it would get as lost as the Dilgunnerang.
2. It would be able to display 2 clocks. One that just keeps adding seconds and one that checks where in time it is. These can get very different to the Knights Temporal.
3. It would need a coundown timer to the start-time of the OTC.
4. It would need a raptor and zombie detector with automatic emergency signals to RAZOR.

Here's a very preliminary mock-up for number 4 (sorry, our graphics team is not so great)

Neil_Boekend wrote:
HES wrote:Because Rosetta is boss. The clue is in the hair.

So because I am currently letting may hair grow to shoulder length I will become the boss?
NOOOOO, I can't deal with the responsibility of managing a multimillion dollar company! I don't want to deal with it! We would be bankrupt in a week!

We're a multimillion dollar company? When did that happen?

I know other have weighed in on the Rosetta/Ms. Frizzle controversy, but I wanted to mention that they also took Cuegan to Rosetta because she already knew their language, though it was a little rusty. Also, she managed to convery some fairly complex information and basically all of the exposition of the story, whereas Ms. Frizzle only has "weird," "yes," and "cave" to get her message across. Nothing against ol' Frizzie, she's doing an amazing job of picking up the language, but we should put it in perspective.

HES wrote::(

Simba Pringle Diamante Fitzsimmonds
2012 - 2014

No. No. I'm so sorry. What a sweet little hamply. A little hamply with a big name.

mikrit wrote:My theory is that, when the Mediterranean was drying up, some scholars started a foundation on a remote island, dedicated to writing down all human knowledge so that it would survive the apocalypse. This work, the Encyclopedia Beanica, has been the basis of Beanish knowledge for 11000 years.

Unfortunately, band XXXVIII, "Quorn - Ribosome", was borrowed from the library in September 2486 and never returned, so that's why the Beanies knowns nothing of radiation.

Darn, it's always that one volume you need that's missing. :)

RSIR (not RAZOR)
Spoiler:
RANscreenshot.jpg
RANscreenshot.jpg (40.33 KiB) Viewed 8632 times

Ch*rp, I'm pope. Something else that doesn't happen very often. I think it was HES who said that he also has good decree ideas except when he's pope. Um, um...more features or apps for the OTP (one true phone).

And send nice hamply thoughts to HES and Simba. :(

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
NoMouse wrote: Oh, those times when we had to wait until Windows showed "It is now safe to turn off your computer" orange message on black background and then press the power button...)

And I have just discovered that I can make this text area larger by dragging it's bottom right corner. :shock: Is that how all text boxes on the internet work? I'm starting to empathize with the people described above. :D

Pardon me for a brief Windows 95 nostalgia interlude...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
As for the text boxes, I know Chrome adds that expando feature everywhere a text box appears. Other browsers might do the same thing.

I encountered the second of those screens whilst doing a project at university - only 3 years ago. It was on an ancient computer that was driving our motion simulator. It was so old that I don't think it even had a USB mouse or keyboard. I almost fell off my chair when I saw it! I think it at least had XP on it (though I couldn't remember).

On a slightly further ago comment, I forget who mentioned it, but I lived in Idar-Oberstein for 7 months whilst doing church service. It's a really pretty town. This is the reason it's probably best known for, and really quite impresive:

Shame I missed the bagocalypse and the fading. Both the originals happened after I got lost in time :(

Anyway, I've got a very busy bank holidip wipend, so I doubt I'll be able to check in again for a many longpix. So continue to wait well all (that is still what we are doing despite t** **d right?).
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:

What did this link to?

Oh epsilon, it's gone... he tweeted: "It's time to retire the phrase "wait for it." Okay? No more of that."
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 02, 2014 10:02 pm UTC

Heresy indeed! :shock:

Also, those quackmolpies in the SilentONGs probably shouldn't be swimming in the radioactive water...

For decree: The OTT Phone probably comes preset with a "Molpies" ringtone.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

My ringtone should really be Molpies, shouldn't it... it's not, but it probably should be.

For decree: It would have a button that does absolutely nothing, with a symbol of a cat on it.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Time Revisited - np1051

Postby mscha » Fri May 02, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

UNGIOTENSINS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:GLR, WE HAVE OTTERMOLPYSIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH EVEN GLR HAS NEVER SEEN!

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:

What did this link to?

Oh epsilon, it's gone... he tweeted: "It's time to retire the phrase "wait for it." Okay? No more of that."

Ok, we have to get him into a comfy chair. That is not acceptable.

yappobiscuits wrote:My ringtone should really be Molpies, shouldn't it... it's not, but it probably should be.

For decree: It would have a button that does absolutely nothing, with a symbol of a cat on it.

Yes and Yes.

And an Automome button.
AUTOMOME wrote:I DEMUSTARDED ALL THE MOMES

Not sure if it should come pre-loaded with Q04B. I have a serious, serious problem with Q04B... :shock:

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

@AluisioASG, I finally reached that place time and I think it could be one of these two events:
1. The return of the puns and the birth of the punsaw.
2. The discussion about lego(e?s)*
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm UTC

Nothing useful to contribute, but wanted to send condolences and happy thoughts to HES and for Simba.

For decree: Maybe the OTP could constantly run SCB in the background.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

BlitzGirl

Time Revisited - np1052

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 02, 2014 11:08 pm UTC

BrokUNG...
Spoiler:
For decree: The OTT Phone's clock is based on newpix rather than heretical "hours."
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:IT CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS. IT'S THE OTTERMOLPY.

-- posted by OTTphone-a-friend
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:ETA: I think I haven't mentioned yet that I like your beanie, Mr Moriaty!

Why thank you. I made it myself. (Obviously)

BlitzGirl wrote:Ja, very much so. :D
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

Ohhhh it tickles.. stop it.

lmjb1964 wrote:But dangerous to mix with Coke. Or maybe you weren't talking about Pop Rocks.

I'm not picky, I'll talk about most any rocks. Big ones, Small ones, Fizzy ones, Ones from outer space even blue ones.

lmjb1964 wrote:Thanks for rhe info on European reactors. Did we ever figure out where we think they floated to?

And as an agent with a top-secret government agency, I can tell you that I haven't heard that your name is in any list--oh. Um, never mind...

Time for a gratuitous over use of Spoiler tags for no other reason than to satisfy my spoiler tag lust. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't everything we know happen between the 2 rivers in this image?
Spoiler:
And as the 2 maps below match pretty well then in this case the Pretty Neat River would be the present day Ebre and the Small River would be the Jucar.
Spoiler:
Matches with
Spoiler:
I reckon we are looking at Cofrentes power station? Its up the river near the settlement in the first map.
Of course I could be talking out of my arse as often happens when i put my clothes on upside down and expect to be shot down. But I'm really bored and I should be working.

Its one attractive piece of engineering

Hello mr CIA man. Its not my plutonium i borrowed it off Blitzgirl
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 12:22 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:Hello mr CIA man. Its not my plutonium i borrowed it off Blitzgirl

And I got it in a perfectly legitimate swap for some used pinball parts.

A thought...might the "tower" spotted off-frame be the remnants of a cooling tower?
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

THANK YOU TIMBORME, BUT OUR MIP IS IN ANOTHER DECREE

Postby mrob27 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:25 am UTC

I'm holding out for fractal yappos.

BlitzGirl wrote: It's the first of MayH, first of MayH
Any special plans todayH?

You mean related to ch*rping? :) Certainly not dealing with ch*rping organized sand problems, that's for sure.

Link wrote: YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

:)

lmjb1964 wrote: And I loved that mrob is an other-dimensional squid, whatever that means. :)

We like to call ourselves skates (or ultraskates, "U-skates"). Here are some films of the 2-dimensional version: by me, another by me, and by Tim Hutton
    And here and here are two films of the 3D version.
    Now just keep upping the dimensions until you get to 27 dimensions :twisted:

ucim wrote: It might even be that subsequent calls, by other folk, yield them a different sorting.

Based on the comments of OTTers during the early incidents, particularly the one where two thought they both got the ONG, it seems clear that the last post to get edited appears first. Thus, when @Kieryn marked his ONG of np2230 with the first edit ("I predict violent death of not cueball within 3-4 newpix."), that edit placed his post atop Charlie's; but when Charlie edited his post (which was at a later time than either of the two subsequent edits by Kieryn) his post went back to the top.
    Though it led to very endish things and clearly very difficult for everyone involved, I appreciated the way @Kieryn linked it to general relativity and the philosophy of human perception of Time in his contemplative discussion half a dix later.
    When I myself had the chance to get into a simultaneous post, in my UNG of frame m0160 shared with @karhell, we were pretty much able to confirm the theory: Whosoever edits last gets bumped to first position. If we ever manage a triple-post we can generalize the theory. I propose that among such a triple they'll be sorted with the most-recently-edited one first and the least-recently-edited one last.

ucim wrote: @Link - did you open the list of tiles? There are more after Rosetta. You're only one-eighth of the way through the artwork. And there are SilentOngs ready to mine after that! Abandon hope all ye who (oooh! Another tower!)

I included those in anticipation of this event, plus the fact that the future planned boosts will make it a lot easier to get to a high score. I am already planning to include a new "boost-assisted high score", so that if you play the old-fashioned way your score will affect the Best Score, but if you use the more powerful boosts, your Best Score is unaffected, and instead your score is eligible only for the "boost-assisted high score".
    (P.S.: MUA-HA-Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!)

BlitzGirl wrote: Should mention that this phone prompt comes from the latest Othercomic.

I see a forum member had already published an iOS app (source code!) to implement the screaming-when-falling feature. Most of the OtherComicThread discussion has been about relativistic time dilation.

yappobiscuits wrote: Breaking news: Seth MacFarlane is a colossal heretic.

Broken link: Tweet deleted. What did it say?

Link wrote: I'm not surprised there's more, but getting to Rosetta was enough of an achievement to post anyway. :)

When I'm done battling dead organized sand issues I hope to get some of these boosts implemented. Playing through those really high scores should be a bit more fun.

Ahh, frame 1042, imagebot's favourite!

taixzo wrote:We should have a browser extension that turns text of the form OTT:<page>:<post> into clickable links

It's hard — though the formula below works to first approximation, the page:post number is not very reliable in the long term. So you'd need an index of the entire OTT. More to the point, I think I'm the only molpy using those right now, and I always make it a link, so maybe we should just agree to always make our things links to start with. Then you don't ned a script. :D

NoMouse wrote: Wow. So that means I had a 1 in 16 chance of winning it and I won it on the first try. Lucky would be proud of me. Note to self: Next time, don't make assumptions based on a single experience.

I was thinking of linking you to OtherComic 882, but I got distracted watching my bots play Q04B :roll:

I'm definitely not an expert but it seems to me that Čerenkovč radiation couldn't be visible in radioactive water outside the reactor, unless the source of radiation is directly below the water surface. It seems that it fades out on quite a short distance. And the flowers would definitely not glow.

Yes, I'm been thinking my prediction was pretty inaccurate, with the continuing SilentONGs and discussions linking the current body of water to the location of the "cave". Now I think the blue is more abstract than literal: we're being given the ability to see in gamma rays, purely as an expository device.
    I originally took the bluesilentpix literally, and thought they could see a blue glow whilst inside the cave. Now I think "maybe, but probably not".

mrob27 Image

Edit: Still not keught up, so perhaps ninja'd, but I can't take the time right now to be sure... :(

Not meant as throwing down the gauntlet. But if we want to try to make a triple post, the count to a million thread in Forum Games would probably be one of the molpier places to try it. It won't boost your post count, and as long as everyone retro-edits their post to contain its sequence number, we're totally within the rules of the thread. You can use my Bana-na-YADA script and enable the "Numbers" option, then use the formula:

SequenceNumber = 40 × (PageNumber - 1) + PostNumber + 1

Any "pope" (page-topper) wil be a multiple of 40 plus one, and are invited to include a random image (which should be safe for work).
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1002

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am UTC

KOBONGS...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 12:41 am UTC

Title-text has returned to ... for the Time being.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Sat May 03, 2014 12:49 am UTC

Why are the Flutter Bees spelling DOS?

Is it a Spelling Bee?
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 am UTC

That's a simple one ... they aren't. They're spelling out SoC because they're starting to compose the hardware specs for the xkcd phone.

Expect the next 10,000 frames or so to just be flutterbees spelling a full spec report and FCC proposal docs one word at a time.
Last edited by slinches on Sat May 03, 2014 12:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 12:56 am UTC

A spelling bee for flutterbees would be a (flutter)(bee)(spelling)(bee), or flutterspellingbee2.

2 Not a footnote, but the event would probably also be small, since flutterbees are small...
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1054

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 1:10 am UTC

RAMBLUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG HOTDOG GRAPEVINE GRAPEVINE

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 am UTC

Ack, I'm almost in the Present! Noooooo! This means I'll only be able to read a couple of posts at a Time :cry:
I suppose I could go poke around the Wiki. Or start reading all of the OTT I haven't read before. Or play Q04B...

taixzo wrote:
Megan wrote:Yes.

Cueball wrote:Yes what?

No, Exactlywatt!
:D Ain't Uncle Shelby great?

For np 1924's decree: The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
image.jpg
image.jpg (9.02 KiB) Viewed 8525 times
These are entering my area in increasing numbers. If you see one, for Randall's sake dont crush it! And try not to let your cats eat one, either, the gaseous results are... best not experienced.

For newpage 1925's decree: don't really have any May Day plans, but I can't stop humming the The Lusty Month of May from Camelot. Little Bear keeps scolding at me to stop...
That's odd, the Google search for that video says it's Julie Andrews, but the actress is Vanessa Redgrave and the voice is Marni Nixon

Congratulations, Link!

lmjb wrote:And yes, northern California is beautiful, and I'm only 1.5 longpix from San Francisco! So, if there's a meetup happening there, let me know. And vvn! I miss vvn.
Spoiler:
You might want to be careful if you go to Fisherman's Wharf, though, BlueCrab. People there are all about eating fresh crab...
Meeting up with either or both of you would be great! :D Somehow your being in California didn't connect in my head with my being in San Francisco - I met with vvn last summer because he was out here :)
No worries about Fisherman's Wharf, I'll wear my gorilla mask ;)
lmjb wrote:BlueCrab wrote:
For np1922 Mome: VITSSÅGEN, JA!
(That feels really hypocritical, I'm an invertebrate punster in the Outside...)

And in the OTT as well, apparently...
My punning rate in the OTT is really quite sluggish for me...
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

HES

9 dips without SeaishTimeAccessor

Postby HES » Sat May 03, 2014 1:12 am UTC

Just popping in before getting as much coma as possible (not much) before the seaish adventure begins tomorrow.

There are several posts I want to say "yes, this" to.

I appreciate the hamply kindness. He had a good run.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 am UTC

Sorry to hear about your **dish loss, HES. He was Lucky lucky to have experienced Time during his time.

NoMouse wrote:Note to self: Next time, don't make assumptions based on a single experience.

And don't make rectilinear assumptions.

Mr Moriaty wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but didn't everything we know happen between the 2 rivers in this image?
Spoiler:

Yes, the adventures of Time took place between these two rivers; however, we established that Cuegan met Rosetta at Château d'If which is off the coast of present-day Marseille, so the two rivers2,3 might not be those you mentioned in your second map. Nice find, though! It is possible, of course, that new nuclear power plants will be built between todip and the end of our civilization at places we don't know yet, and that the cave in the SilentONGs is the ruin of one of those.

For decree: When you call someone, instead of the dull beeps that you hear until your call gets answered, you'll hear a voice saying
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlueCrab

Re: Unmolpish. : (

Postby BlueCrab » Sat May 03, 2014 2:10 am UTC

addams wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Our hot water heater had to be replaced not long ago, and we'd have replaced it with a tankless unit if this neighborhood had gas lines. (Denizens of civilized areas: add the lack of gas lines to your understanding of the Cueballness of suburban sprawl in the US.)

Hell-o Blue Crab;
I feel like sticking my nose in your conversation.
The Cluelessness of American Suburban Sprawl is Complicated.

Gas Lines?
There is a real place on the Northern California Coast that produces Natural Gas.
That Gas is piped across a river. There, the Stink is put in.

That hydrocarbon comes out of the ground ready to be used.
It needs Stink.

After it gets its Stink.
It is too expensive to pipe back for use by The People.

Other places can't have natural gas pipes, because until recently, the pipes did not stand up to Earthquake Activity well.
Natural Gas is such a Joy and it is so easy. Those with Natural Gas are fortunate. Electric may be the way most of us must go.

There are Electric Tankless Water Heaters.
I Know there are. Old Ones, too.

The first time I took a shower with one of those, it frightened me.
It was OLD! It was Electric and I was standing in Water!

Somewhere deep inside I heard a voice saying, "These things don't mix well."
I Lived! You might, too.

The Newer Ones may have a Circuit Breaker.
How great would that be?

You're right, I radically oversimplified the issue - I inherited my Dad's frustration with unthinking bureaucracies, but I tend to kvetch without thinking myself sometimes. Your ready-to-burn natural gas that ends up too expensive is a good example of the sort of thing I can get really worked up over. And of course the senselessness isn't limited to US suburban sprawl, either. My daughter-in-law mentioned the other day that the financial aide office at our community college had lost some of my son's paperwork again, and because I'm really helpful sometimes I told her it's good training for buying a house ;)

I used one of those old electric tankless water heaters too, in a b&b in Edinburgh. We were so lucky to get an en suite shower, and then! :shock: My husband and I both took showers before allowing the children to go; I don't think I've ever splashed less or taken a faster shower! I assumed that lmjb was talking about a whole-house unit, though - at least those don't have the wires right in the shower with you...

Thank you for sticking your nose in! I tend to be long-winded, and in my efforts to avoid that I sometimes end up too brief.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Yes, the adventures of Time took place between these two rivers; however, we established that Cuegan met Rosetta at Château d'If which is off the coast of present-day Marseille, so the two rivers2,3 might not be those you mentioned in your second map. Nice find, though! It is possible, of course, that new nuclear power plants will be built between todip and the end of our civilization at places we don't know yet, and that the cave in the SilentONGs is the ruin of one of those.

Ahah i missed the Marsille connection. There's less nuclear stuff around there so you are probably right. (How was it figured out they were up there anyhow?)
Spoiler:
France has a lot of nuclear reactors it seems.....
BlitzGirl wrote:
Mr Moriaty wrote:Hello mr CIA man. Its not my plutonium i borrowed it off Blitzgirl

And I got it in a perfectly legitimate swap for some used pinball parts.

A thought...might the "tower" spotted off-frame be the remnants of a cooling tower?

Thats quite some swap. What will you give me for this bag of live squirrels?

azule
Saved

Real Blindposting Preketchup

Postby azule » Sat May 03, 2014 2:59 am UTC

Hi. According to my login stats, it's been nearly a full wip that I've been gone. Sometimes a dip feels like a wip and sometimes a wip feels like just a few dips. Still they don't feel that good. Hi (again).

Also, wowsers (wowtrees?), there's 14 NP for me to ketchup. Thanks. I hope y'all enjoy blindposts. ;)

I hope it's awesomeful in the Future. See ya soon (I hope).

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 3:08 am UTC

Hi, blindposting azule! :)

Hey, that's my arm UNG:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

I should've paid attention to the classes.

Postby AluisioASG » Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 am UTC

azule wrote:Also, wowsers (wowtrees?)

baobabs?

azule wrote:I hope y'all enjoy blindposts. ;)

I like mine with ketchup. Sometimes mayo. Pretty much never mustard.

azule wrote:I hope it's awesomeful in the Future.

As usual.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat May 03, 2014 3:32 am UTC

Thanks for the fruit of the hops, and the spirit in which it was given, Aluisio! I also have your story in my queue. A little bit of Minim groveling and I'll be right back atcha!

And thanks all for your comments on my Raven otty. There's still a cannonization to come, if I can only pry the Pope away from his prayers!

@HES - So sorry about your hamply. I'm sure it had a wonderful happy life with you, and as we will all join Neil_Boekend one day, it's all we can hope for.

BlitzGirl wrote:And there goes newYappo...
[...]
This is why you should always return your library materials promptly.
Wait! I have some...overdue library books to return...Ch*rp! Oh well, the library wasn't in England anyway.

lmjb1964 wrote:Nothing against ol' Frizzie, she's doing an amazing job of picking up the language, but we should put it in perspective.
And not to harp on it, but Frizzie hasn't been saying all that much. It's mainly the Cuegan who have been talking. For all we know, Frizzie's just putting up with it until they reach "Cave".

yappobiscuits wrote:Oh epsilon, it's gone... he tweeted: "It's time to retire the phrase "wait for it." Okay? No more of that."
What a heretic! I don't think there's enough chocolate for that one!

yappobiscuits wrote:For decree: It would have a button that does absolutely nothing, with a symbol of a cat on it.
No, the cat icon is for "copy". Natch!

Hi Soup!

Mr Moriaty wrote:Why are the Flutter Bees spelling DOS?
It's how you spell "Danger Will Robinson!" in Beanish?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 am UTC

Oh, HES, very sorry to hear about Simba.
What do you think of making a memorial for him on the wiki? He's been an important part of this community even if he wasn't aware of it.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time Revisited - np1057

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 4:10 am UTC

KUNGBIRDS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IN SOVIET RUSSIA, MEGBALL OTTCOLORISES YOU

-- posted by oldpixbot

ergman

Re: Time Revisited - np1048

Postby ergman » Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 am UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:IT'S OVER. PRICKLYMOLP IS FINISHED.

Aww...
*reads a few more posts*

*gasp*!!
Real Aww :(
My condolences, HES

He was probably one of the more widely loved Hamsters living, really. And certainly the best titled.

So since there are two Yappos now, does that mean you can get the other one to work full time on the OTTscars? :P
Or will it just turn into a duplicator scenario?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1003

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 4:30 am UTC

SHONGLE...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 5:02 am UTC

Looks like that quackmolpy turned into a plesiosaur.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: "0xDEAD": Bug

Postby AluisioASG » Sat May 03, 2014 5:54 am UTC

On topic with mutations.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Remember to heed the Matriarch, kids, else your red-black binary trees will become mutant three-legged aberrations.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

ENAP: 2 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat May 03, 2014 6:00 am UTC

Late dialUNG (from last nopix):
Spoiler:
OTT Time Travel

OTToMeme wrote:SUDO MAKE ME A THWAPSTICK

-- posted by *yawn*
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1004

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 am UTC

WONGBACK...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

Link

Postby Link » Sat May 03, 2014 9:04 am UTC

Sorry for your loss, HES. :(

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:I encountered the second of those screens whilst doing a project at university - only 3 years ago. It was on an ancient computer that was driving our motion simulator. It was so old that I don't think it even had a USB mouse or keyboard. I almost fell off my chair when I saw it! I think it at least had XP on it (though I couldn't remember).
To be fair, I don't think USB keyboards are that common.

@AluisioASG and @lmjb1964: I'm sure Switzerland will be dunejumpish. :)

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sat May 03, 2014 11:29 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:Its one attractive piece of engineering

Hello mr CIA man. Its not my plutonium i borrowed it off Blitzgirl

If you really want to get on a CIA watch list, post a picture of this nuclear site. This is probably the first time I have seen such obvious censorship on satellite maps. I've found it yesterdip when looking for reactors near Marseille (strangely, I have completely missed your discussion about reactors) and this is probably the nearest one - just about 100 km northwest of Marseille and right next to The River. It's Marcoule Nuclear Site - all the reactors are shut down but a new one is planned.

Actually, this research facility is even nearer - about 60 km northeast of it. There are some experimental fission reactors and also ITER is being build there - the first nuclear fusion reactor that should generate more power than it consumes, yay! (ITER is certainly not our reactor - nuclear fusion reactors produce much shorter-lived radioactive waste - it takes just about one hundred years to decay to a safe level, not thousands of years).
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat May 03, 2014 11:29 am UTC

Dracomax wrote:I can think of only one OTTer [...] actually upon the moon...

But I'm not the only one.
There is another OTTer on the Moon.
Do you remember him?

Eta: @map censorship. The first censorship I've seen was on http://gis.um.wroc.pl/imap/?gpmap=gp11. It's especially visible on the 2009 map.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time Revisited - np1065

Postby mscha » Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 pm UTC

SCREEDUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I CH*RPING LOVE MEOWLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot