1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Almost didn't notice the number.

Postby AluisioASG » Mon May 05, 2014 2:52 am UTC

Um… this? Will solve #1 but not #2.

Propose a revamped Time measurement system, detached from heretical precedents.
run = 4 monthsH 1 dayH 21 hoursH = 5946 newpix = 2973 longpix = 743.25 nopix/tatpix
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1104

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 am UTC

RESTRUNGENTS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WHAT THE CH*RP? YOU ARE MS. FRIZZLE. AND STEAKISH

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Mon May 05, 2014 3:51 am UTC

Actually, posting "your own" photos is harder. If the photo already exists "somewhere on the web", all you need is the URL of that image, and you put it inside the right tags. But when it doesn't exist on the web, you have to put it "up there" first. phpBB provides the upload-attachment method, and you then figure out the URL and surround it with the right tags.

Those tags are [img]put_the_picture_url_here[/img]

The trick is that the "put_the_picture_url_here" has to be the actual url of the picture, and must be the right file type (jpg or png usually).

To find the URL of an image that's already on the web, right-click the image and select "properties". You'll see a bunch of stuff including "image location" and "link location". It's the "image location" you want. COPY that to the clipboard and put it where "put_the_picture_url_here" is.

That's all there is to it.

Of course, you have no control over that image, and it can disappear (or change!) without notice. That's the web for you. You can use that to your fiendish advantage, should you so choose. :)

If you quote a post that has an image and examine all the gobeldegook, you'll see the tags at work. Quote one with an internet image and you'll see the URL whence it comes. Quote one with a "local" image, and you'll see the phpBB location where the boards store member files.

And if you want to post the actual tags (like I did) rather than the result of the tags (which is what you usually want), you can select "disable BBCode" in the options tab, in the region below the submit button.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Mon May 05, 2014 3:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 05, 2014 3:52 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Don't worry, addams.
I have some extra tits here that you can share:

Thank you, BlitzGirl;
Thank you for having enough tits to share.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 4:21 am UTC

You're very welcome, addams.
Just ask for tits and they will appear.

BlueCrab wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Would someone guide me through the steps of posting an image from the web instead of from my photo album?

What do you mean?

All the images I post are uploaded from my phone's photo album - either taken by me or saved from the web. There are two problems with this method: First, if someone quotes a post of mine that includes one of those images, the image doesn't get quoted. Second, twice lately when trying to post a picture I've taken (the Easter dress I made for my granddaughter and a mama and baby duck) I've gotten a message that the file type is invalid. After that my post won't get past submit unless I have a saved draft from before I tried to upload the image.

Hopefully Aluisio's and ucim's descriptions helped. :) If you want to upload your own image and have it be quotable, the wiki article on redundant spoilers that Aluisio linked to is a pretty good step-by-step walkthrough. If you want to harvest an image directly from the web without uploading, ucim's explanation is the way to go. The main difference is that uploaded attachments are hosted here by the forum software, while [img] links actually fetch the image from where it is currently hosted out on the internet.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1015

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 am UTC

SLOWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 5:12 am UTC

So, the Quest continues without the Questionable Carcass.

It appears that the dead tree where Ms. Frizzle left the Questionable Carcass was also crawling with antmolpies (I'm not positive, but I think I saw antmolpish activity on it) like the one we saw before:
Spoiler:
Which begs the question, why does Frizzle want mutant raptorants? Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 05, 2014 5:32 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Which begs the question, why does Frizzle want mutant raptorants? Image
Begs the question? Surely one who wields a punsaw realizes that we are not assuming the consequent here! However, I would say that they want mutant raptorants for the lasers. They have figured out how to restart the nuclear fusion reactor, but it's the type that focuses a whole bunch of meowlpy laser beams at hydrogen pellets, and the problem is the same one as that of the circular firing squad. But mutant antmolpies reproduce fast enough so that the losses are tolerable, making them ideal as the source of laser beams. Even factoring in the nine lives thing (somebody made a fortune on cat farming by promulgating that rumor on an unsuspecting fusion industry), ants are superior, otherwise they wouldn't want the mutant raptorants for their laser eyes.

It also makes nighttime picnics possible.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

MistyCat

Re: I THINK, THEREFORE I MOLPY ABOUT

Postby MistyCat » Mon May 05, 2014 5:39 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
MistyCat wrote: I cannot Right.
I want to Up.
In this situation, I always Up.
I want to Up.
My mind, my thinking things, they say Up.
I need to Up.
My hopeful wants say to Up.
My wishfull needtos say Up.
My hopefull wanttos say Right.
Tempt me not, hopeful wants.

I see your point(s). It's a calculated risk.
    If you Up, then you're merging the scaffolds into a fairy castle, so your 2nd row is more advanced. But you've only cleared one midsize common tile off the 3rd row.
    If you moved Right instead, you've made a Fairy castle, which you can then move Right again to merge with the existing 3{^rd} row fairy castle to make a Cuegan platform, so now you have two Cuegan platforms side-by-side, one of which will merge Up into the 2nd row to satisfy your desire to move Up, whilst maintaining parity with the incoming tiles by doing at least one merge per move. (But actually, you're also merging the 4th row Megans on the first move, and you're likely to get a Cueball merge on the next two moves, so I'd say you're quite ahead of the game.
    I've trained my molpy to have a fear of moving Down, and now he wants to go Left then Up. So what do I know? :P

Ooooh, lots of ninjas in the preview... Oh well :roll: I'll have to ketchup later!

In th* *nd, I followed my self-established rules and went Up.
After some time, I got to this stage without the options of left, right or up:

Spoiler:
Q04B002.gif
Alas, I must descend.

The next move (down, up) left me a Cueball right in the middle of the top row, surrounded by Chateau, Tower and Hut. However, by building up on the right side only, I managed a massive leftwards collapse which exposed the Cueball to be built upon, and after many more hours, I'm here.

Spoiler:
Q04B003.gif
Woo-Hoo!

Onward!
Quiet in here at the moment, isn't it?
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 am UTC

That makes perfect sense, Jose. :)

New Othercomic alert. This must be why Megan only uses small words to speak to Cueball.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
Which begs the question, why does Frizzle want mutant raptorants? Image

She may know that that doesn't affect it. I am not an expert, but I assume the DNA of food doesn't affect the predator. Else I would have been able to photosynthesize long ago.

While the mutated DNA is still present in the questionable carcass the metabolism of the antmolpies will most probably destroy all DNA including the mutated parts. Metabolizing stuff does that. Once they start mutating and eat everybody (btw: thus end the SilentOngs) I will believe that this is due to the radiation directly instead of the questionable carcass, unless I am convinced that it is possible to transfer mutations that way.
Now the questionable carcass may be lethal to them, due to toxic proteins generated by the mutated DNA. But mutagenic? Highly doubtful.

By the way, if Frizzle wants mutant raptorants that would probably to ride them into battle against the infidels in the north who believe that GLR created the world in 5 mips exactly instead of 5 mips and 2 dips. Thus end the SilentOngs.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mrob27

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, OTW HOTDOGS *YOU*

Postby mrob27 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:58 am UTC

ucim wrote:Strings followed by an x are strings I ultimately lost (and reloaded). Had salvation not been an option, I would have likely abandoned my faith after several revelations, but as it is, I remain devoted.
<snipped Q04B data>
But save first. Saving is like voting - do it early and often.

I'm guessing you were doing Export manually. You might enjoy the fact that since I added the console log, it's pretty easy to add a save to the log. Your game will be exported to the log if you reset your high score or your "badges". Pick whichever you prefer. If you go to the Options & Info page, and click the "reset high score" link, it takes you back to the game page. Notice now your URL has "?cmd=27" at the end, and your Best Score is now the same as your current score. Now, every time you reload the page, it repeats that "cmd=27" telling it to reset the high score, and as a side effect it adds another save of the game to the Console log. After playing a while and doing a few reloads, go back to Options & Info and click the SHOW CONSOLE button:

Code: Select all

New game
 (re)load game, score 0
 Game state before resetting high score:
   1:857652:F:76:0:..011..400..1.2..0.................
 (re)load game, score 76
   1:202:F:202:0:.....0.........0....15...22...00301
 (re)load game, score 202
   1:714:F:714:0:4.0..5....6....1....3....12...4200.
 (re)load game, score 714

(In case anyone's wondering, the special URL only works if you got it by clicking the link on the Options & Info page. Q04B checks the referrer to make sure you didn't follow the link from someplace else and accidentally reset something you didn't want to.)

Earthling on Mars wrote: I'll also note that the period page for Time itself has some major mustard: every link goes to TimeAfterTime, rather than Time! The links are made with a template that I can't figure out how to change.

The URL to edit a template looks like this:

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Framegreen

In this particular case, that template references the {{frame}} template, which is at:

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Frame

Anyway, I fixed it, partially. There is still a problem which I think @mscha should fix on his server. For frames from 1 to 999, the template wants to link to

http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/0972

but mscha.org refuses to handle that initial '0'. http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/972 works, but http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/0972 doesn't. I think the 0's should be legal. If this can't be changed, then a Wiki-only solution would be edit all the leading 0's out of the existing links.

MistyCat wrote: After some time, I got to this stage without the options of left, right or up ...

Alas, yes that does happen... :?
... and after many more hours, I'm here.
Spoiler:

1:1078424:G:1078424:2:90412B7530G864.A121.736..0......0..
Woo-Hoo!

Yay! :D Congratulations to you, and to @mscha and @Link too! (I hope I'm not missing anyone...)

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 am UTC

A very OTTifiable othercomic today.
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np1107

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 6:10 am UTC

GRIMACUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SUDDENLY, RAFTCASTLES. THOUSANDS OF THEM!

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Ooops

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 05, 2014 7:00 am UTC

Remember how just over 2 wips ago I crashed my bike? Well just over a wip later (i.e. slightly over a wip ago) I molpiedsat up in bed rather fast (a dip after working hard at concreting a new garden shed) and...
well it seems I've cracked a rib.
While it doesn't actually prevent me from OTTing I just haven't really felt like sitting at my seaish lapTimeAccessor and have basically procrastinated at just about everything.
It hasn't really gotten better but I've gotten better at avoiding agravating it. Anyhow I figured I should say hi.
Looks like about 15 pages to ketchup. Hmm I remember it used to move that quickly overnip way back when...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 7:33 am UTC

Sorry to hear that, ED! Was wondering where you were Outside. Hope that heals up for you.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 05, 2014 7:39 am UTC

OTThercomic #1364:

Get well soon, ED!
In RELATED news, last wip**d I watched the Firefly episode your avatar originates from, and I wondered why River wasn't wearing her hat.
Also, I learned where my location comes from.

Happy 6100 posts, BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
1364ott.png
1364ott.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 7474 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Neil_Boekend

Re: Ooops

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon May 05, 2014 8:15 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Spoiler:
Remember how just over 2 wips ago I crashed my bike? Well just over a wip later (i.e. slightly over a wip ago) I molpiedsat up in bed rather fast (a dip after working hard at concreting a new garden shed) and...
well it seems I've cracked a rib.
While it doesn't actually prevent me from OTTing I just haven't really felt like sitting at my seaish lapTimeAccessor and have basically procrastinated at just about everything.
It hasn't really gotten better but I've gotten better at avoiding agravating it. Anyhow I figured I should say hi.
Looks like about 15 pages to ketchup. Hmm I remember it used to move that quickly overnip way back when...

Get well soon!
Cracked means broken? How long did the endorphinesΦ prevent pain (if at all)? I hear it is usually about an hour, although it varies a lot.

As I am still recovering from my broken leg I must say that I preferred the healing method I used this time above what I did before.
What I did before: Still try to do everything and frustrate over what I can not do. Force stuff and have a longer healing period as inevitable result.
What I did now: Don't try to do anything. Just mellow out, enjoy a large whiskey each evening and sleep a lot. Procrastinate with the cop out that it is better for healing. My parents were quite willing to help me survive.

It turns out that I am not sufficiently good at procrastinating. I couldn't not do things. I never expected that, cuz I am usually a master procrastinator. However, the mindset did allow me to not frustrate to much over what I couldn't do. It also prevented a lot of cursing over what I couldn't do.

Φ Endorphines are released when you break something (amongst other causes for release). They are natural painkillers. I didn't feel pain for about 24 hours after the fractured leg, although I immediately got a screaming [ size=1030]"THIS IS NOT GOOD"[/size] signal from my leg. That signal caused me to stay down until my mates could pick me up and support me while I hopped to a bench where I waited for the ambulance. I strongly prefer the signal over a debilitating pain, because besides being painful debilitating pain also prevents rational thought. It significantly decreases my ability to think before I do, thus potentially causing more damage.
Oh by the way, I got X rays. Anyone wanna see?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1016

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 am UTC

ONGULED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 am UTC

Raptortower!
I've lost my bearings of where Cueganzzle is in relation to the bluecave. But apparently they're going to pick up some materials for their mission.

Thanks, Zooman! And X-rays are always interesting, Neil. :)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon May 05, 2014 8:39 am UTC

@ED Get well soon, get well sooner, get well, yesterdip, get well last wip

mscha

Re: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, OTW HOTDOGS *YOU*

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 9:02 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:(...) There is still a problem which I think @mscha should fix on his server. For frames from 1 to 999, the template wants to link to

http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/0972

but mscha.org refuses to handle that initial '0'. http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/972 works, but http://xkcd.mscha.org/frame/0972 doesn't.

Fixed.

ETA: an ottification of ZoomanSP's ottification⁴ of xkcd 1364:
Last edited by mscha on Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Mon May 05, 2014 9:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You're very welcome, addams.
Just ask for tits and they will appear.

I love the internet sometimes :p

That looks like a lift into some kind of mine shaft to me.
Needs a flag on top though.
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:And X-rays are always interesting, Neil. :)

spoilered because X-rays make some people squeamish.
Spoiler:
My right leg. There were two fractures: one fracture about 10 com (4 inch) above the ankle (in the thin hindmost bone) that they fixed with a plate and 6 screws and one fracture at the front of the ankle (in the thick front bone) that they fixed with 2 screws. The fracture in the hindmost bone caused the part below the fracture to move. That movement damaged the ligaments around the ankle. The damaged ligaments needed at least 8 weeks of rest so they put the horizontal screw through both bones to keep the force off the ligaments. The disadvantage of that horizontal screw was that I couldn't walk or even stand on it until it was removed. The removal was no fun but it was good to be allowed to walk again.

Spoiler:
leg_edited.jpg

he/him/his

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 05, 2014 9:52 am UTC

An ottification of mscha's ottification⁴ of my ottification of xkcd 1364:

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:And X-rays are always interesting, Neil. :)

spoilered because X-rays make some people squeamish.
Spoiler:
My right leg. There were two fractures: one fracture about 10 com (4 inch) above the ankle (in the thin hindmost bone) that they fixed with a plate and 6 screws and one fracture at the front of the ankle (in the thick front bone) that they fixed with 2 screws. The fracture in the hindmost bone caused the part below the fracture to move. That movement damaged the ligaments around the ankle. The damaged ligaments needed at least 8 weeks of rest so they put the horizontal screw through both bones to keep the force off the ligaments. The disadvantage of that horizontal screw was that I couldn't walk or even stand on it until it was removed. The removal was no fun but it was good to be allowed to walk again.

Is that an X-ray or a photo of your ghostly self, Neil? :wink:
And happy post number milestone!
Spoiler:
Redundant:
Spoiler:
1364ott2.png
1364ott2.png (25.43 KiB) Viewed 7397 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mscha

Time Revisited - np1111

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 am UTC

HUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BLESS YOU, PASTPOSTS. BLASTPOSTS.

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 am UTC

Blastposts sound exciting!

Awesomeful OTTercomic back-and-forth that Zooman and mscha have going.

Neat x-rays too, Neil! Are you now considered a cyborg-ghost? Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon May 05, 2014 11:05 am UTC

Blindposting just to say Molpy Hi! to our Belgian, Luxembourgian and German OTTers, and to reassure SBN that I was sharing the driving.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon May 05, 2014 11:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Neat x-rays too, Neil! Are you now considered a cyborg-ghost? Image

Yes. The doctors had a difficult time attaching that titanium to my incorporeal bones. In the end they killed the titanium to keep it on my bones.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: I THINK, THEREFORE I MOLPY ABOUT

Postby SBN » Mon May 05, 2014 12:16 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:
The next move (down, up) left me a Cueball right in the middle of the top row, surrounded by Chateau, Tower and Hut. However, by building up on the right side only, I managed a massive leftwards collapse which exposed the Cueball to be built upon, and after many more hours, I'm here.

Onward!
Quiet in here at the moment, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure your post explained part of why it's so quiet.
Glad to see you molpying about.

HES wrote:Blindposting just to say Molpy Hi! to our Belgian, Luxembourgian and German OTTers, and to reassure SBN that I was sharing the driving.

Good to know, thanks.

How do you close apps in Win 8.1? Specifically, how can I explain to MSWFP how to close apps?
For decree-ish.
Spans that need names:
The amount of time one spends frustrated before giving in and asking for help.
The amount of time before guests arrive (so the amount available to clean/get ready)
The date on which one must go into panic mode, due to the imminent arrival of said guests, and the condition of one's house. Or the reciprocal, the amount of time one spends procrastinating.

In other news, apparently I'm hosting Christmas this year.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Neat x-rays too, Neil! Are you now considered a cyborg-ghost? Image

Yes. The doctors had a difficult time attaching that titanium to my incorporeal bones. In the end they killed the titanium to keep it on my bones.

Spoiler:
ETA: Molpy Hi! to HES from Australia! :wink:
Wait on.

Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon May 05, 2014 12:28 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:

ROFL!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1017

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

LOOKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 05, 2014 12:33 pm UTC

xkcd 1364

Redundant
Spoiler:
imfive.PNG
imredun.PNG
imredun.PNG (11.2 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon May 05, 2014 12:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 05, 2014 12:54 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:well it seems I've cracked a rib.
By sitting up fast? From gardening? Leftover from your bicycle adventure? In any case, cracked ribs are decidedly unmolpish, and all you can do about them is Wait For It. Fortunately, OTTers are good at that. Hope you are back in shape soon. I give my father's incantation:

"Sana te, sana, colita de rana; si no sana hoy, te sana mañana."

Molpish, ZoomanSP! mscha too! (does it say anything that I tried to click the spoiler? Does it say anything that so many of us keep asking?) (Sees Zooman's redundottification) Yes, I guess it does!

Also steakish one from balthasar_s, from a completely different direction... which is not surprising for somebody who rides a bicycle to the moon.

Hmmm, is that a bicycle wheel on the SilentOng tower? Looks to be a portable tower, a-la wheelbarrow, though I'd hate to be the one to drag it around. I suppose 2.5-D balancing is easier though.

HES wrote:...and to reassure SBN that I was sharing the driving.
One on the gas pedal, the other on the wheel?

Jose

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon May 05, 2014 1:01 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
HES wrote:...and to reassure SBN that I was sharing the driving.
One on the gas pedal, the other on the wheel?

Jose

Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N87uxyDQT0
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 05, 2014 1:04 pm UTC

Awesomeful, balthificator!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 05, 2014 1:09 pm UTC

An ottification of ZoomanSP's ottification⁴ of mscha's ottification of ZoomanSP's ottification of xkcd 1364:

Redundant
Spoiler:
rsphd.PNG
rsphd.PNG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 7285 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time Revisited - np1114

Postby mscha » Mon May 05, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

TRIPLUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IT'S OVER. MEGAN IS FINISHED.

-- posted by oldpixbot

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:16 pm UTC

That particular tower looks portable given the right manpower. Little wheel on the left side, what looks like a carrying bar on the right.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”