1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:12 pm UTC

ergman wrote:A Disco Hat for Aluisio:

Don't worry, I'm not just imposing this on him, he asked for it in a pm :P

Say, your hat hoard must be almost as big as your trophy hoard now!

RSIR:
Spoiler:
image.jpg

Ooh, shiny! That is one stylin' dragon!

Cool about the Pixar software. Speaking of which, maybe it's time for me to check out some free graphics software. Any suggestions?

ETA: The post count script works best if you refresh your screen. Then you'll see that you are, in fact, about to be pope. I think this is the first time EVER I've been pope twice in a row. It's epsilon.

Decrees, let's see...

Give me ideas for free graphics software
or
Help BlitzGirl move so she can get back here where she belongs
or
Get some basementees in here to liven things up.
or
Do more stuff from the 70s.

Why yes, I am indecisive, why do you ask? At least, I think I am. Maybe. Let me get back to you about that.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Link

Postby Link » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:22 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Cool about the Pixar software. Speaking of which, maybe it's time for me to check out some free graphics software. Any suggestions?
GIMP for photo and bitmap editing, Inkscape for vector graphics (i.e. graphics that can be freely rescaled without losing quality) and Blender for flutterbeewingish 3D graphics (or Wings 3D if you want something that's easier to use). Also, if you want to make high-quality letters, book(let)s, presentations and/or posters, I'd like to recommend learning LaTeX.

Hope that helps. :)

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:49 pm UTC

What's wrong with PowerPoint? :wink: :twisted: I second the GIMP suggestion.

So, "The Animated Adventures of Cueball and Megan", anyone?
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm UTC

Link wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Cool about the Pixar software. Speaking of which, maybe it's time for me to check out some free graphics software. Any suggestions?
GIMP for photo and bitmap editing, Inkscape for vector graphics (i.e. graphics that can be freely rescaled without losing quality) and Blender for flutterbeewingish 3D graphics (or Wings 3D if you want something that's easier to use). Also, if you want to make high-quality letters, book(let)s, presentations and/or posters, I'd like to recommend learning LaTeX.

Hope that helps. :)

Just like to add: the lesser known drawing software Krita is a great open-source alternative to a certain subset of the features of photoshop that aren't covered by GIMP. I mostly use photoshop, but I think if I had to work on Linux I'd probably use that.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm UTC

HES wrote:What's wrong with PowerPoint? :wink: :twisted: I second the GIMP suggestion.

So, "The Animated Adventures of Cueball and Megan", anyone?

haha. You're soooooo funny.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check 'em out.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Link

Postby Link » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:09 pm UTC

HES wrote:What's wrong with PowerPoint? :wink: :twisted:

HES wrote:So, "The Animated Adventures of Cueball and Megan", anyone?
This needs to happen.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

Link wrote:
HES wrote:What's wrong with PowerPoint? :wink: :twisted:

Now look what you've done, HES! Made poor Link's head explode. :(

Link wrote:
HES wrote:So, "The Animated Adventures of Cueball and Megan", anyone?
This needs to happen.

Don't we already have that?

And a preemptive congrats on 900, Link!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1199

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

MELONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

Scene 38

Interior, day. The Cathedral at the Sacred Grounds of the Order of the Holy Contradiction. Revealed in various moving shots, the crystal organ is still. The vanes of the whirly parts hang limply, and although it is daytime, not a lot of light is coming through the elaborate stained glass windows over the altar. The nave is shadowy, and candles are burning on the alter and in the side chapels. The church appears to be empty, save for the sound of rhythmic clicking and one unseen person praying in the Ancient Tongue, whose muffled voice echoes faintly in the cavernous space. The Holy Thailimus lays quietly on the altar with the Kanjib on its pedestal nearby. The camera picks out close-ups of the elaborate carvings on the pews and the clerecy's seats, wider shots of the empty nave, and as the camera moves along the walkway behind the sanctuary, the praying voice gets stronger.

medium close-up: a wooden door behind the sanctuary. The door has a window of stained glass, but through one of the segments we can just about make out a figure at a table. The camera trucks into the window as the prayers and clicking stop.
A voice from inside the chamber wrote:I have seen Rosetta!
Spoiler:
Through the bubbly pane, we can see the figure get up and walk towards the door.

Half-dissolve, superimposing an extreme close-up The Pope's fingers holding up what we will shortly recognize as the Rosetta tile.

Retaining Rosetta, half-dissolve to a medium shot, inside the chamber. It is The Pope who had been praying. He is bedraggled, as if he had not slept in days, but his eyes show the glorious elation of one who has witnessed a miracle. On the prayer table is a small pedestal with a spread of prayer tiles, each inscribed with an icon, and The Pope is holding one in front of himself, examining it in awe.
The Pope wrote:I have seen Rosetta!
He carefully puts down the tile on a tilty pedestal. In the Rosetta part of the half dissolve, (a POV of The Pope), the tile disappears off screen and the half-dissolve ends, resolving fully to The Pope in the prayer room, who rises and goes towards the door. He opens the door and leaves.
The Pope wrote:Randall be Praised! I have seen Rosetta!
wide overhead shot - the interior of the nave of the Cathedral. The camera is pulling back through the mechanism of the Crystal Organ. The Pope comes through a passageway from behind the altar as other members of the clerecy begin to emerge.
The Pope wrote:Rosetta! I have seen her! Not just a comavision, but a True Answer to my prayers!
the sixth cleric wrote:That is awesomeful! But what does it mean, Your Pontiffness?
the fifth cleric wrote:It means he kin take a bath for certain! Ye been at this thing for... how long?
close-up on The Pope, who does look like he could use a bath.
The Pope wrote:We must be mindful of the body, but never forget the spirit. Prayer is so important for the psyche. Without prayer and contemplation, we can easily fall into heresies.
the eighth scribe wrote:Hmmmm... heresies... Chocolate sounds so good right now!
The Pope wrote:Steady now!
wide shot, the gathering group. We can see the Second Scribe rushing up, and the camera trucks into the action.
The Second Scribe wrote:I just heard the news! Baobabs! Is it really true?
The Pope wrote:Yes. We have waited many Ongs, but we have been Bountifully Blessed. Make ready, for karhell has been Waiting For It. It is now the Proper Time. I will retire to my chamber and make ready also, for a Glorious Day is about to ensue!
The Pope leaves and the clerecy begins chattering among themselves.
the third scribe wrote:Does The Pope have any idea how long it has been?
the eighth cleric wrote:I don't think The Pope has any idea about anything any more.
the fifth cleric wrote:Mebbe he's filling in for First Cleric!
the first herald wrote:I think he's doing hotdog instead of praying.
in a voice that echoes throughout the Cathedral, The Pope wrote:I heard that!
Stale m&m's start raining down on the first herald. The camera tilts up to find the source as the clerecy scatters, but the cascade is too thick to see through.

Exterior - day: Aluisio, First Cleric, and balthasar_s are repairing the balthacycle contraption. Aluisio is re-installing a red switch and connecting it to the telephone. He carefully labels the two positions of the switch: "magic" and "more magic". There is a campfire burning behind them, and edfel appears behind it with a crystal jar.

close-up on edfel, holding the jar upside down above the campfire.
edfel wrote:You sure you don't need magic smoke for these things?
First Cleric, OS wrote:There's no magic in the smoke that came out. Ordinary smoke should be fine to put back in.
edfel wrote:Then this should do it.
The camera pulls back and follows as edfel caps the smoke-filled jar and brings it over to the balthacycle, handing it to Aluisio, who carefully pours the smoke into the telephone and puts the cover back on.
balthasar_s wrote:Think we can try it now?
First Cleric wrote:I can't think of a better time. Ropes are secure. More magic is installed. The crystals are all molpish. I won't say that nothing can go wrong, but if something does go wrong, it would be a surprise.
walking into the frame, the fifth cleric wrote:Not to me.
low shot, looking up at the balthacycle as balthasar_s gets on. As he begins to pedal, the whirly parts swoosh in front of the camera, wingishly refracting the campfire in the background.

SFX: A low hum emanates from the balthacycle as the whirly things are spun up; it begins to sound like "molpy molpy molpy", rises in pitch, and fades away as the balthacycle rises half a cue in the air and is restrained by the tiedown ropes. First Cleric picks up the phone and pushes the switch towards "more magic".

Interior - day: The Pope soaking in the low wooden tub of his bath chamber. His sandal is ringing.
The Pope wrote:Ch*rp! Who could that be? Have telemarketers caught on already?
He reaches out of the tub to his sandal on the floor and picks it up, removes the heel, and speaks into it.
The Pope wrote:Hello?
close-up on First Cleric with the balthacycle whirling behind him
First Cleric wrote:Greetings Your Pontiffness! It is First Cleric! Had a bit of mustard, but it's past now. How are you hearing me?
(telephone filter) The Pope wrote:First Cleric! First Rosetta, and now you! I don't know what to say!
First Cleric wrote:Rosetta?
medium shot: The Pope, in the bath
The Pope wrote:Yes, it is Most Glorious! It took many many Ongs, but I have seen Rosetta!
(telephone filter) First Cleric wrote:Oh... I meant to warn you about that hotdog, but the phone had mustard instead of smoke. How was the karhell ceremony?
The Pope wrote:It will be happening shortly. I have been praying. What do you mean about a hotdog?
First Cleric wrote:It's... well, it doesn't matter, since you've reached the end anyway. We were going to be sorry we had missed the ceremony, but maybe we can be there. Let me put Aluisio on. He's greatly improved the balthaphone and I think we can send pictures through the Crystal Organ!
medium shot - Aluisio takes the phone from First Cleric while balthasar pedals the balthacycle
Aluisio wrote:The mustard was that the image microcode was running too fast for the relays, so I grepped the filesystem for high order opcodes, which was challenging since I didn't bring a leopard. I then pessimised the sector order so that the drive would thrash, giving the relays enough time to close...
medium shot - The Pope in the bath. He holds the sandal away from his ear with a look of complete incomprehension.
continuing, Aluisio wrote:Then I had to decrypt the opcodes. See if you can figure it out. It started as QMe7 YBc4 XUa0 SIw2... do you see the pattern?

Hello?
The Pope wrote:I think you're completely daft. But that means it should work perfectly - this kind of genius I have never seen before!
Aluisio wrote:You'll know what to do.
There is a click and a dial tone, followed by a knock on the door and the Pope puts his sandal down.
The Pope wrote:Come in.
medium shot - the door of the chamber, which opens revealing the Second Scribe.
The Second Scribe wrote:All is ready.
The Pope wrote:I'll be right out.
The Second Scribe leaves, closing the door.

Exterior - day: medium shot looking up at the balthacycle, settling on the ground as its whirly things spin down.
Aluisio wrote:Success!
First Cleric wrote:What a strange feeling!
edfel wrote:I'll bet it is!
First Cleric wrote:Well then - it's time to Wait For It.
Interior - day: wide overhead shot of the nave of the Cathedral, looking towards the Great Doors in the rear. The Pope, decked out in all his regalia, walks down the aisle towards the back with the Second Scribe, first herald, and several others of the clerecy. The camera tilts and pedestals down part way to follow. The Pope steps aside as the first herald steps up to open Great Doors, and the blinding light from outdoors streams in.

The courtyard is filled with tents and people as far as the eye can see; they spill out past the courtyard into the fields below, filling the valley with a mass of humanity the likes of which had never been seen before. Even The Pope is Baobabbed.

Medium shot on The Pope, who turns towards the first herald.
The Pope wrote:These people - they just got here?
the first herald wrote:No, they've been waiting for it since you issued the clarion call.
The Pope wrote:Ah, yes. "Sound it from the highest hill!"
the first herald wrote:... and it went out from the highest hill. The fourth herald, as you recall, is on the very highest hill... with the balthasar expedition.
The Second Scribe wrote:It's a big hill.
The Pope wrote:Then it probably knows what it's doing.
The Second Scribe wrote:Anyway, that was about a mip or two ago, when you started your prayers. They've been waiting for it ever since.
The Pope wrote:Great Faith has Great Rewards. So... let us be on with it.
The Pope looks towards his right and signals The Mighty Troubadour, who has been ready at the podium.

Wide shot on the orchestra, yappo at the helm. He raises his baton and the orchestra begins, filling the courtyard with a most stately and dignified processional.

Wide shot of the clerecy as the Pope leads the procession down onto the stage that has been prepared at the foot of the stairs of the Great Cathedral. When everyone has filed in, The Pope signals them to be seated, and strides up to the Podium.
In a voice that fills the valley and carries out far beyond, The Pope wrote:Rosetta.

You may not know what this means, for it is from the Ancient Legends that have yet to be created, but This Day did Rosetta appear to me in answer to my prayers. These prayers were not made lightly; there was much waiting for it, not only by myself, but also by Those Of Faith, True Timewaiters like yourselves...
Exterior - day: the campsite where the balthasar expedition is running the balthaphone again. Aluisio has the handset while balthasar pedals the balthabike.
First Cleric wrote:Are you getting through?
Aluisio wrote:I can hear, but we're not transmitting; they haven't started the Crystal Organ yet.
to the fourth herald, the fifth cleric wrote:Don't ye worry lad, this contraption won't put the heralds out of business any time soon.
the fourth herald wrote:Yeah, we'll just have to wait for it.
First Cleric wrote:Listen!
Aluisio holds the handset up so the party can hear.
(telephone filter) The Pope wrote:... but after many wix of devotion, it came in a Great Cascade, not unlike the one that brought us all here to begin with, and I have seen Rosetta! But because Rosetta is the end, the Omega, the Ultimate Goal, having seen Rosetta means that there is more...
First Cleric wrote:Uh oh!
Exterior - day: Wide shot on the stage where The Pope is speaking
The Pope wrote:... Just as the End of Time proved that Time has no end, so has Rosetta shown that prayer must also continue. And just as Rosetta was the end of a long quest, we are here to honor and celebrate the end of another long quest, a quest that will have no end.

And with us in this celebration is the balthasar expedition, yet another Great Quest...
The Pope nods and gestures towards the Great Doors, where the Crystal Organ catches the last rays of the setting sun. The wheels begin to turn, the whirly things begin to whir, and the sunlight flickers off the vanes, forming shapes and patterns which coalesce into an image of the balthasar group, POV the handset.

Exterior - day: the balthasar campsite, where the group is standing around expectantly.
Aluisio wrote:We're on!
First Cleric wrote:Quick! Get dignified!
The group straightens itself out.
(telephone filter) The Pope wrote:When BlitzGirl first set out on her own expedition, little did anybody know where it would lead, or whether it would lead anywhere, but now we have over twenty intrepid souls engaged in Holy Quest, a quest that is almost ten times as seaish as the original...
Aluisio, holding the handset, pans it across the horizon where karhell had once been seen streaking through the pastposts.

Exterior - day: Wide shot on the stage showing the panning image on the Crystal Organ in the Cathedral behind it.

Medium close-up on The Pope
The Pope wrote:... and so, we are gathered here to honor karhell, who has accomplished the most seaish BlitzQuest that has ever presented itself. Come forward karhell, for you have Truly and Properly Waited For It!
Reverse angle, POV The Pope looking out over the crowd. There is the sound of rapidly approaching feet - taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap - and the camera picks out a short black creature with pink floppy ears and a yellow hat who flops up onto the stage. The Pope holds his hands over karhell.

medium shot - The Pope and karhell
The Pope wrote:I bid ye, karhell, arise and kneel.
Nothing seems to happen, and The Pope looks down at karhell...

close-up: karhell's feet, which do not look particularly kneelable.

medium shot - The Pope and karhell
The Pope wrote:... or stand there just like that. It's just as molpish. karhell, in honor of your Most Holy and Sacred Pilgrimage, a BlitzQuest that ranks in awesomefulness like a Baobab to a shrub, drinking from the One True Thread until its end signalled that this was just the beginning, and further, in honor of your having humbly Waited For It long after your quest was complete, thus by the power vested in me as the Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, do I hereby consecrate you and bestow upon thee the title BlitzGirl the Next, that it be known for all Time, and for all of time, that you have truly and properly Waited for It. And furthermore do I consecrate the karhell wanderings as the Gospel of karhell, a True and Holy Record of your Quest, to be counted among the Holy Books, that it provide inspiration to all Timewaiters, for all time and all of Time.
wide shot - reverse angle showing The Pope, karhell, and the entire clerecy with the crowd in front of them. The roar of the crowd is deafening, as they cheer and carry karhell off the stage. The orchestra starts playing, and the crowd starts dancing as seaish tables of food are brought out for the celebration.

Exterior - day: The balthasar campsite. A flickery image of the celebration can be seen in the whirly parts of the balthacycle. It fades as balthasar stops pedalling and the balthacycle stops straining at its tiedowns and slowly descends.
First Cleric wrote:The food. That's the part I miss most about not really being there.
edfel wrote:But this contraption really worked! Steakish everyone!
First Cleric hangs up the balthaphone, but the sounds of the crowd do not stop.
First Cleric wrote:How do you hang this thing up?
Aluisio wrote:Just the way you did. It's off.
First Cleric wrote:Then what am I hearing.
the fourth herald wrote:Real life. Heralds hear like this all the time, but that celebration must be doing what it wants.
edfel wrote:Something odd though. There were no glitches. Nothing went wrong. I wouldn't have expected that. Not this time. I wonder what it means.
balthasar wrote:I guess we'll just have to wait for it.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 1851) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki) | next (NP 2068) -->
Last edited by ucim on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:10 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 pm UTC

:wink: + :twisted: = I deny any responsibility for my actions.

Hmm. I need to ketchup the latter half of AotC, I got distracted after the Lucky incident.

Exam mode ends tomorrow. I'm actually enjoying revising for this last one, I must be doing something wrong. (Enjoying the actual learning of things, rather than enjoying "revising" whilst procrastinating on Q04B or somesuch). Then I can pay better attention to what Cuegizzan have been up to.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1842

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

CHUNGEUPS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WOW - SO WOWTREE - MANY REDUNDANT - SUCH DOODLING FURIOUSLY - VERY ZANCLEAN FLOOD - MUCH DUNEJUMPISH - HAIL RANDALL

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:And ch*rp! I didn't notice the little circles on that image. I did it in PowerPoint. That's what y'all use for graphics, right?

So PowerPoint can actually edit graphics? Does it mean that:
1. I don't remember PowerPoint anymore
or
2. PowerPoint evolved
or
3. You have awesome computery skills and can use anything for graphics?

Ucim!,
Are What are you doing in my [head|computer|bicycle|timeportal to the future]?
More than two mips ago I started working on a very short film about blitzposting (And I'm making no progress at all because I'm too busy doing other things) and in it I actually connect the telephone to the red switch (so that I can use the rotary dial to control the bicycle lamp and ... )
GOOMHU :D

ETA': Also, I noticed signs of Über-hattage in my life. To protect my ears from the wind I put a hat under my bicycle helmet . . .
ETA": For decree: this week I'm repairing my otherbicycle from the 70s.
I think that's not what you meant,
Last edited by balthasar_s on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:34 pm UTC

What?
POWERPOINT is evolving!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:51 pm UTC

Congrats! Your POWERPOINT evolved into POWERPAINT!

Hi, everymolpy! :) The mustardy Outside move is over, and I'm now settled about five nopix's drive away from Seattle in Spokane (for now). Thanks for the helpful decree portion, Mome Laura Mae! I should be able to commence ketchup later tonight or maybe tomorrip. Missed you xuys!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:55 pm UTC

Well, PowerPoint can do graphics in that you can format pictures and move images around relative to other images. You can do things like remove a background or make a certain color transparent, but it's pretty mustardy. I don't know if PowerPoint could always do those things (however unsteakishly) or if it has in fact evolved. Perhaps it is evolving and will become sentient. It will take over the world and make everything so that it mostly does what you want, except when it tries to guess what you want but is wrong, and it won't let you fix it to actually be what you want. And it will crash periodically. And everything will make Bill Gates money. That is our future. Bow down to your PowerPoint overlords!

Also: Yay, more AotC! Hm. I wonder what inspired this particular segment. :wink:

ETA: More yay, BlitzGirl is back! Congrats on finishing the move, and happy new home to you!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:13 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Congrats! Your POWERPOINT evolved into POWERPAINT!

I was about to include this in my post, then heard an army of molpies approaching in the distance and figured I'd leave the porch light on. Welcome forwardish, BG!
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Hi, everymolpy! :) The mustardy Outside move is over, and I'm now settled about five nopix's drive away from Seattle in Spokane (for now). Thanks for the helpful decree portion, Mome Laura Mae! I should be able to commence ketchup later tonight or maybe tomorrip. Missed you xuys!

Hello! Image Good to hear you've Seattled down at last. We haven't Spokane in too long!

*Pretends to run from Vitssågen but secretly misses it*
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1200

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 am UTC

PONGAEA...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:42 am UTC

Awesomeful new AotC, ucim! Made my xip!
Hi BlitzGirl! We missed you too!
yappobiscuits wrote:*Pretends to run from Vitssågen but secretly misses it*
Good. It's much cleaner to miss the punsaw than to run into it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 am UTC

But the blood washes the puns away!
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1846

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:10 am UTC

BUNGLADESHIS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WE'VE SECRETLY REPLACED BRAVEBEAN'S RABTOR WITH A BEANIE. LET'S SEE IF XE NOTICES...

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:21 am UTC

HES wrote:But the blood washes the puns away!

I bet that's BlitzGirl's motto.

AluisioASG

Imma stayin' alive, slayin' a time

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:36 am UTC

Currently at the city's bus station, headed to my parents' home. Usually they'd come and pick me, but this time there was a scheduling conflict. My backpack, trolley case and bag are all full, and heavy.

Didn't have much to say these last few days. Except some stuff to azule. Which I don't remember anymore.

BlitzGirl! Welcome bag!¹
¹ This should totally be a thing. Travel to a touristic city and get a welcome bag when you arrive, with stuff that might be useful during your stay.

I don't think PowerPoint will become sentient. They've already ditched Clippy (I actually liked those assistants, particularly the robot.)

Ah, back to the Questionable Carcass.

Hm, there's something going on in the railroad block. I think I'll go take a look. From there I can go straight to the departure waiti
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:23 am UTC

Welcome back BG.

I'm sad to see the Questionable Carcass is still there... With all the radiation I was hoping for this.

Although maybe a movie tie in would be the wrong way to go for SIlentONG there are some good opportunities there :)
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:47 am UTC

Yay, Blitzgirl! :mrgreen:

For my visual stuff-doing, I use a thing on my phone for digital drawing (artstudio) and paint.net for on pc editing, although I've used gimp before too, and I'm sure it'd be great if I bothered to learn it, but PDN has never failed me.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1201

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:30 am UTC

GONGLIONIC...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:00 am UTC

MEGANISSWEARUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Ch*rp"

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:37 am UTC

Bwahaha. These oldpix are much more hilarious now with our new meaning of the word...

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:52 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Bwahaha. These oldpix are much more hilarious now with our new meaning of the word...

Oh, silly me. I was reading it as "Megan is wearung," and I couldn't figure out what she was wearing. . .

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:02 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Bwahaha. These oldpix are much more hilarious now with our new meaning of the word...

Oh, silly me. I was reading it as "Megan is wearung," and I couldn't figure out what she was wearing. . .

Presumably clothes.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

*chirp*

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:04 am UTC

Thanks for all the welcomes! Image

yappobiscuits wrote:Hello! Image Good to hear you've Seattled down at last. We haven't Spokane in too long!

*Pretends to run from Vitssågen but secretly misses it*

Fortunately, I do not miss.
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

AluisioASG wrote:BlitzGirl! Welcome bag!¹
¹ This should totally be a thing. Travel to a touristic city and get a welcome bag when you arrive, with stuff that might be useful during your stay.

Much as I appreciate the sentiment...

Hmm...

...okay, welcome bags are actually kind of an awesomeful concept.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 am UTC

Universities give welcome bags.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1851

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:10 am UTC

DISHEARTENUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CH*RPING CH*RPERS GONNA CH*RP

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:12 am UTC

Ironically oldpixbot, there wasn't actually any ch*rping in that oldpix...

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:39 am UTC

Mr Moriaty wrote:Welcome back BG.

I'm sad to see the Questionable Carcass is still there... With all the radiation I was hoping for this.

Spoiler:

I love that it's ch*rping. :D

Neil_Boekend wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:

Presumably clothes.

Well, maybe. Other than hats, we haven't seen any evidence of that.

yappobiscuits wrote:Ironically oldpixbot, there wasn't actually any ch*rping in that oldpix...

It was implied.

Well, I can't use Krita for my visual-stuff doing, :) since there's no Mac version. I'll check out Gimp.

edited to un-break the forum. Sorry about that!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 am UTC

QUESTIONUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:25 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:

Presumably clothes.

Well, maybe. Other than hats, we haven't seen any evidence of that.

Indeed, it is the Mediterranean basin. It would be HOT there. They may not be used to wearing clothes. The Beanies' hats may just be evaporation coolers.
Or are you being naughty?
Oh, and you swapped a quote and spoiler tag in your post.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 am UTC

*mumbles about hatted meowplies spilling mustard on the thread*

[exam mode]
3 nopix remaining
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1202

Postby mscha » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:30 am UTC

ROUNDONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 am UTC

Two skulls grown together? Animal skulls it seems.

The skulls are part of an animated skeleton. It reassembles in anger over them touching it's skull.
Thus end the MysteryOngs.

he/him/his

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”