1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE FACEBUGS

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:37 am UTC

Treeish, Gingercat!

SBN wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:OK, back to work, including relocating my little green friend to the outside somewhere where he'll be happy. I have no idea where a mantismolpy would be happy. He looks pretty happy on the sill, actually, but I don't think he'll have enough to eat there.

He'd probably like a place with plants and and bugs. Flies, moths, that kind of thing. I've never known them to be picky. When I was a kid we'd catch them and take care of them for a while then set them free again.

When I was a kid, my brother and I caught a fuzzy caterpillarmolp. Later that dip, we caught a raptormantis. Naturally we put the two in the same container together. And apparently the raptormantis was hungry... :(

ETA: Oh, ch*rp. I don't have the numbering script installed on my MTA.

Talk about insects you've seen, especially RELATED ones.
Or manip giant insectmolpies into Time or TaT.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

SACRIFICE LIKE A FLUTTERBEE, DEMUSTARD LIKE A BEESNAKE

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:00 am UTC

AutoMome being RELATED again in the post title.

Over the past couple months I've seen two (2) large-ish (like 1-2 inches) spidermolps scuttling about, one of which I was able to hunt down and mercilessly gracefully put to death, the other which may still be hiding under my bed somewhere. I'm a bit concerned, especially considering the number of tiny little spidermolps I've seen in the adjacent room, but as long as they stay out of my way and catch all the riverishbeesnakes that float around when the windows are open, I'm not bothered too much.

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:09 am UTC

While on holidip in Italy, on Lake Como, I saw (on two seperate occasions) a really big flying insect. It was black with red bits. I only ever saw it on the ferry on the lake, never on dry land. I had no idea what it was and tried to do some research into it but to this day I don't know what they are. I even asked on an insect identification forum, but even they couldn't help. It looked a lot like one of those wasps with a bulbous stinger kinda detached from the body at the end of a long thin stalk. But it was really big, looked about 2 inches (obviously I didn't have a chance to actually measure it so I could be way off) and wasps of that size don't exist in Northern Italy, do they?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:32 am UTC

58ONG:
(Edit to update balthadomain.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

POPES OR GTCO

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 am UTC

Warning: incredibly cute spidermolps inside

Spoiler:

This one has a hat:

Eternal Density

A WILD HOTDOG APPEARED

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:52 am UTC

Molpish spiderhat, ChronosDragon!

From my holidip, a pic I took:

lol @ AUTOMOME being appropriate again.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:57 am UTC

StratPlayer wrote:--------------------✂--------------------
Dracomax wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:...and slowly making progress against the steady tide of Time -- I'm now 14 NP's behind...

Steady? It's not steady. It's calm at some times and chaotic at millions of others.

It averages out to steady.

Yes! In just the same way that the average person has one breast, one fallopian tube, and one testicle. :lol:
--------------------✂--------------------

:shock:

The things ya see when Blitzing... :mrgreen:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Eternal Density

MY NEWPIX IS FULL OF MOMES

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 am UTC

It is SNOWING outside my window.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

AluisioASG

Re: MY NEWPIX IS FULL OF MOMES

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:46 am UTC

I've heard of snow last yip. Let's see if it happens again, two mips of Winter remaining…
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:39 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Ahh! I missed the Attack of the Molpython while a-coma...
Angelastic wrote:
Someguy945 wrote:Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom

Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine

I couldn't resist.

Also, it's damn hard to say molpy molpy molpy over and over. Always kept devolving into molpy molpy mlopy moply blobly bobbyblobbylobblybloblflbl... Seriously. Try it. I had to do quite a few takes...

So... Hypnotic...
hypnotized.gif
hypnotized.gif (946 Bytes) Viewed 8829 times
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:47 am UTC

doesn't it snow in southern Australia around now? Tasmania at least, right? that stuff aint tropic. but I don't know where in it you are.

uh... One of my daily drawings was block by some angry wasps who chased me away from my view.

For anyone I have on steam, lets pretend my current username is something I saved up for with a RNM. :oops:
It's an inside joke related to Baccano!. Even if you know the show, the reference would be almost impossible.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ChronosDragon

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WAIT FOR IT INTO THE AFOREWHEN

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:52 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It is SNOWING outside my window.

Can you bring some of it over here? We're having a record warm July, and my house is quite ill-equipped in the way of temperature control.

Eternal Density

MAYBE BUZZ HAS CANCER! MAYBE THE RHINOCEROLPY IS A METAPHOR

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 am UTC

ergman wrote:doesn't it snow in southern Australia around now? Tasmania at least, right? that stuff aint tropic. but I don't know where in it you are.

uh... One of my daily drawings was block by some angry wasps who chased me away from my view.

For anyone I have on steam, lets pretend my current username is something I saved up for with a RNM. :oops:
It's an inside joke related to Baccano!. Even if you know the show, the reference would be almost impossible.
Whoa, watching the flakes is... hypnotic.
I'm close to Canberra (and higher altitude) so while it's not Tasmania, it can still get pretty cold sometimes. We don't get snow every year (and not very much generally) but sometimes it happens a few times, and once or twice (in 15 years) it's been enough to toboggan a bit.
Oooh it seems to have cooled down to the point that some flakes aren't immediately melting on the ground. If this keeps up it'll turn the grass white.

At higher altitudes (such as the surrounding mountain ranges) there'll be a good bit more snow (and more often) which is why it's the ski season there. But down here you don't get nearly enough for that even at the heaviest we've seen it.

Okay the grass is half white now.
ChronosDragon wrote:Can you bring some of it over here? We're having a record warm July, and my house is quite ill-equipped in the way of temperature control.
I'll try.

[edit] m*stard removed.
Also, video is uploading.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Moriaty

Postby Mr Moriaty » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 am UTC

Like Cuegan I'm back at sea again so have ketchuped the SIlentONG. Very good but sad it ended. :(

Anything interesting occur while I was away?
The Holy Geophysicist of the Time Waiters - Can be found eating granite with a glass of port.

Eternal Density

HELLO, I'M BLITZGIRL. BASICALLY, RUN!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 am UTC

Snow video is uploading. While we
Spoiler:
here's some photos http://imgur.com/a/UykjT

Neil_Boekend

Re: MY NEWPIX IS FULL OF MOMES

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It is SNOWING outside my window.

*jealous*
We have 30 degree weather now. And I gotta finish these damn projects. And I am well over my limits in just about anything. And 30 degree weather doesn't work with this Neil. And I can hardly sleep.
Mr Moriaty wrote:Like Cuegan I'm back at sea again so have ketchuped the SIlentONG. Very good but sad it ended. :(

Anything interesting occur while I was away?

SilentOngs, a lot of nonsense, some sense, Balthasar created awefulsome stuff and the end of the world (it's okay, BlitzGirl fixed it).
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

TIMEVERSARY IS SERIOUS FACEBUG

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 am UTC

Sustainabilizer

Bicycles After Time: bftf-0059

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:19 am UTC

PREDICTIONG ...
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.

Redundant:
bicycles-after-time-0059.png
-- posted by Sustainabilizer
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Link

SIR VINNIE LONGDONG IS THE NEWPIX OF THE RAPTORS

Postby Link » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:21 am UTC

Ooh, angelpoop! Treeish!

On a less treeish note, I fear one of this organised sand's disks may be dying. I've had ch*rploads of IO m*stard over the last few dips; IO-heavy operations throw every process into uninterruptible disk sleep. Even ionice doesn't help, and changing the scheduler just makes it worse. Ch*rp. :(

For decree: the current crawlpy status here is SUDDENLY, FLYMOLPIES. THOUSANDS OF THEM! Those mini-m*stards are smart, too: the moment you grab a thwapstick, they stop pestering you, and the moment you put it down again, they turn back into facebugs. I'm considering using fire.

balthasar_s

Blitzreport 20, 795/1370, 1391/2050

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 am UTC

Random thoughts and notes from the blitz (#20) of newpages 746÷795, illustrated.
Yappo and the Biscuits... that'll have to be the name I use for the album of OTT/OTC songs I'll inevitably produce eventually ;)
SBN is your father?
I received an invitation in pm to join an alt thread to discuss Time "away from all these loonies".

Azule is the ambassador on the "Time comic" otherthread
taixzo is blitzing SO FAST!

snake?
The best part of waking up is newpix in your cup.

What I thought a really neat(TM) idea was that this thread would be so much more incomprehensible if every poster only got one post that he would have to re-edit if he wanted to reply something. Of course, it would be hell to find out who was updating what when and to capture the flow of conversation, but then we wouldn't want things to be easy around here.

SNAKE!

>Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom
snake SNAKE! It's all related.

Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine
eta: I guess that Megan's a fallen woman, now.

The snake is my snake and she shall hence be known as Corinne. She will bite your posts and muddle them.
Kieryn's tree named Fluffy
I shall name my new domain "kenmelken's Imperial Palace of Time"
Charlie's grumble

Molpy Detection Agency
In Selcouth's dream GLR wears a beanie!

Well, I think Corinne isn't the same snake as the Time snake now, I think Corinne's developed a new life, body, and personality, so she and I are going to coma. Let's hope she doesn't strangle me in the night.

LIKE IT FORGOT TO HAVE A HEAD AND TAIL
molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy

Chapter 4 - Downtown
The Emperor!
The Star! BEFORE the starry night in the OTC!
Dark Lord 2
Raaptorshadow.

Also, all the 'people' are primitive proto-people, still evolving from the primordial sticks.
Poetry and prose
Act 1 Scene 9 :D

All hail GLR
OTA of OTC
We all Wait for it.

I THINK I CAN ALMOST SEE THE SEA FROM HERE.

IT'S HARD TO TELL WHAT'S LAND AND WHAT'S SKY.
Wrong, it's easy, #000000 is land, #ffffff is sky.

If you disappear we will send the molpys out after you.
1What is the unit of currency in the OTT, anyway? We could make a case for it being the BuffygirlHat (BgH), but that's too precious, and we'd be dealing in microBgHs for everyday transactions.

Snape!
Newpixometer of Taixzo - link doesn't work any more.
So, you're both BlitzGirl the Next and buffygirl the Next, and yet you're male. Pretty good accomplishment!
Whatever that mound thingie on the right is, it doesn't molp.
Disclaimer: There are no spider parts in any OTT cupcakes.

IT'S COOLER UP HERE.

We're all contaminated by the Outside these newpix. Just wipe your feet before entering the Thread, you'll be fine.

ARE YOUHEARING QUIET CHIRPS?

I'm rooting for kenmelken's prediction because I have yet to see a molpy attack Cuegan.
What is this ong stuff all about?
the EMPRESS

"Chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, chirpy, Ribbit! Ribbit!!!"
charlie_grumbles wrote:A new (temporary) title is available to all posters to claim. I'm thinking the appropriate title for the last post on any newpage is the "Goat of the Page".

Kieryn's smiley repository.

Two of WandS
Five of Pentacles
BlitzGirl's smiley collection of np.780

WHY IS IT DOING THAT?
CHIRP!
The MolpyMeter
"Chirp" is slowly replacing other words.

The BlitzRocket. The second Scribe pushes the red button.
More chapters of The Last Timewaiter.
Quicks! To the internet! - what birds give their young present presents? Surely there's something in Madagascar that does this.
Complete Halt In Randall's Plot
In a parallel universe, there is a version of Time that does indeed follow birds-that-we-don't-like-calling-birds instead of Cuegan.
"I chirp to the Trees"

Oh you chirpy bunch. Here's a real chirp.

IT'S OK! WE'RE NOT GOING TO EAT YOUR BABY.
I DON'T THINK IT BELIEVES YOU.

"Some TIme to Ketchup"

HEY - I THINK I SEE WATER UP AHEAD.

Cueball's doing his own version of sigcouragement, except without the sig. I dunno what you'd call it...chirpcouragement?
ttscp, MobTeeseBose, Skynet.
Ace of Pentacles

Where is Megan?

Data:
- Megan chirps
- Megan is in a tree
Conclusion:
- Megan is a chirpy

TheMinim is actually LaPetite.

I FOUND A TINY RIVER.

200 baobabs.
The Party parked their molpyraptors next to a nearby gate and followed to the Engineer's home.

Taixo in the present! That was a fast blitz.
End of blitzreport 20, 795/1370, 1391/2050

Lmjb1964 wrote:I saw that Lu said something about me doing the enhancements to balthaguy's transmissions from the future because they require MS Paint. MS Paint is way too sophisticated for me, I'm afraid. :) Anyway, up there in the future you've probably worked them all out.
They don't require Paint. But Paint doesn't understand transparency (At least the paint from WinXP or Win98). So, when you open them in Paint, they are automatically enhanced!

HES wrote:Indeed, but it was unbeknownst to balthapaper.
But Balthasar from the future must (will) have known this.

Thank you for the wikia sidebar userscript, mrob27.

azule wrote:balthabackup, I notice when going into the mirror that it has exactly one thread and then you click on that link to see the content. I wonder if you might be interested in adding at least one more thread, the Beanish Language thread. I think it would be neat to have that archived as well. It's the only fully official OutsideOTT (OOTT) that I'm aware of (though, others may have some content).
Also , this and this. But it would require changing the internal structure of the mirror and the bots. Not today.

Redundant
Spoiler:
snake.png
snake.png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 8605 times

chirptree.png
chirptree.png (7.69 KiB) Viewed 8605 times

chirpmegan.PNG
chirpmegan.PNG (3.17 KiB) Viewed 8605 times

TREEHI.PNG
TREEHI.PNG (5.13 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 am UTC

ergman wrote:doesn't it snow in southern Australia around now? Tasmania at least, right? that stuff aint tropic. but I don't know where in it you are.

This bit

ergman wrote:For anyone I have on steam, lets pretend my current username is something I saved up for with a RNM. :oops:

Fine, but how do you excuse "Ch*rp Dilgunnerang *******"?

Link wrote:On a less treeish note, I fear one of this organised sand's disks may be dying. I've had ch*rploads of IO m*stard over the last few dips; IO-heavy operations throw every process into uninterruptible disk sleep. Even ionice doesn't help, and changing the scheduler just makes it worse. Ch*rp. :(

At least it has the courtesy to warn you. Initiate redundancy while you still can!
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Re: SIR VINNIE LONGDONG IS THE NEWPIX OF THE RAPTORS

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 am UTC

Link wrote:For decree: the current crawlpy status here is SUDDENLY, FLYMOLPIES. THOUSANDS OF THEM! Those mini-m*stards are smart, too: the moment you grab a thwapstick, they stop pestering you, and the moment you put it down again, they turn back into facebugs. I'm considering using fire.

Nuke em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Although screens in my windows helped a lot against the bastards when I was alive I never got rid of em until I died.
So maybe nuking yourself would also be a sure solution. Dead means flies are more irritated that they thought they could sit on you and creep around than you are irritated by them.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am UTC

Witness his determinatiONG
Last edited by karhell on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

TheMinim

Re: HELLO, I'M BLITZGIRL. BASICALLY, RUN!

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:19 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Snow video is uploading. While we
Spoiler:
here's some photos http://imgur.com/a/UykjT

ObsessiveMinim: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa *Corinnes the empty spoiler*

TheMinim: Dude, calm down.

ObsessiveMinim: But it's not opening!

TheMinim: Okaaaaay.

Corinne: Do I get a say in this?

TheObsessiveMinim: No.

balthasar_s wrote:TheMinim is actually LaPetite.

TheMinim: Wait until you get to the LaMinBlitzSettaRumble, if that was what it was called. Something like that anyway.

No OtherComic yet? :(
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am UTC

TheMinim wrote:No OtherComic yet? :(

It would seem that Randall was hit by a headcannon and did not survive the injuries. Thus ends xkcd :(
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 am UTC

karhell wrote:

It would seem that Randall was hit by a headcannon and did not survive the injuries. Thus ends xkcd :(

:(

I can't remember the last time it was this late. Perhaps during Time? :?
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

HES

Follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts.

Postby HES » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 am UTC

Whif was even later than usual, too. GLR might be a little preoccupied:
He/Him/His Image

karhell

Re: Follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts

Postby karhell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 am UTC

HES wrote:

that would explain it ^^
or possibly He is busy creating Time2 ? /wishfulthinking

TheMinim

Re: Follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:38 am UTC

karhell wrote:
HES wrote:

Spoiler:

that would explain it ^^
or possibly He is busy creating Time2 ? /wishfulthinking

That was what popped up in my head, Time 2. *hopeful*

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:42 am UTC

For decree: using insect power to lift a tree
sustainable-tettigonia-viridissima-5150.jpg
This is a riverish seaish green hay horse, sitting on a rope¹¹ which tries to lift a tree⁴ back to its original position after it was laid down by a Zanclean flood storm. So the weight of the bug is contributing to the force which lifts the tree.
Spoiler:
Großes¹ grünes Heupferd in German, where “groß” means “big”, “grün” means “green”, “Heu” means “hay”, and “Pferd” means “horse”.
¹¹: The diameter of the rope is 11mm.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am UTC

New other comic, with relatedness.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 pm UTC

I knew if I walked to my dad's, it would come! :D

Guess what's coming next?

Spoiler:

Redundant
Spoiler:
coffeebaby xkcd 1402.png
That's right - the babies all wanted to keep up with the thread, so they drank coffee.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

Has anyone got any idea what the Apollo 12 rum incident was? If I google for it the only results are the 1402 thread and explain XKCD (google is FAST)

he/him/his

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

More proof that following the First Commandment is a good idea :D

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:31 pm UTC

Perhaps the orbiting harpoons that are suggested in the thread each killed a whale in the Straights while deorbiting, blocking the straights. After a couple of centuries the meat wall degraded far enough to break. Thus begins time.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:01 pm UTC

Edited due to url change.
Last edited by SBN on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:32 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

balthasar_s

Re: SIR VINNIE LONGDONG IS THE NEWPIX OF THE RAPTORS

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm UTC

Link wrote:On a less treeish note, I fear one of this organised sand's disks may be dying. I've had ch*rploads of IO m*stard over the last few dips; IO-heavy operations throw every process into uninterruptible disk sleep. Even ionice doesn't help, and changing the scheduler just makes it worse. Ch*rp. :(
And now my botcastle started having disk problems too. Sometimes it stops spinning and then it has trouble starting again, makes regullar beeping sounds for 2-20 seconds then starts again. I also noticed that turning it upside-down makes it start again immediately. Sometimes it becomes loud and I can hear every disk access from the other end of the room (It was very quiet before). This is a new disk. It was bought this year, especially for the botcastle. I don't have a replacement (yet).
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:13 pm UTC

I have one disk which is 5 yips old and works fine. I recently replaced another disk that was less than two yips old.

Some people survive multiple bullet wounds. Others die from one.

Some Molpies molpy molpy. Others grapevine.
He/Him/His Image

Link

I'M IN UR WOTTEROTTERMOLPY, BLUENHANCING UR GOATS

Postby Link » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:44 pm UTC

HES wrote:At least it has the courtesy to warn you. Initiate redundancy while you still can!

Thankfully all my storage is already redundant. I'm currently running a long SMART selftest, but these tests are long, especially while the system is in use, so I'll have to Wait for it before I can say with certainty whether or not I'll need to buy new disks (which will set me back around €150, so I really hope it's just a software problem -- although if it is, I have a lot of debugging to do).

balthasar_s wrote:And now my botcastle started having disk problems too. Sometimes it stops spinning and then it has trouble starting again, makes regullar beeping sounds for 2-20 seconds then starts again. I also noticed that turning it upside-down makes it start again immediately. Sometimes it becomes loud and I can hear every disk access from the other end of the room (It was very quiet before). This is a new disk. It was bought this year, especially for the botcastle. I don't have a replacement (yet).
Yikes, now that is a hardware problem. Though if you only bought it this yip, it should still be under warranty, right? My disks were bought... *digs through email* baobabs, May 31, 2010H. Definitely out of warranty, then. SMART reports the uptime as 33513 hoursH,7, so it it would hardly be surprising of one of them had developed a fault by now.

karhell wrote:or possibly He is busy creating Time2 ? /wishfulthinking
Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 pm UTC

Our first (and only desktop) computer is 8 to 10 yips old. I think the HDD is one of the few parts that survived the 2009 upgrade (it's now used for swap and /var; the rest is on a 8x bigger SATA disk).
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”