1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Un**ding

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:01 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Did you blitz the show? I did in 5 wips. But I actually saw a bit of season 10 including that episode before blitzing the rest, when season 10 was new to dvd.
Sort of. One of the TV channels here has been steadily playing through them at one episode a day, 5 days a week, for most of the past year, so I recorded and then watched them later on. I had seen some previously, but this was the first blitz really. I've enjoyed them for the most part. They are a rare breed of non-gritty scifi, which is more my cup of tea than say Battlestar Galactic.

There is some pretty bad weather in parts of the UK as well. Maybe that accounts for HES and yappo's relative quietness.

Edit: Pope! Decree - discuss your favourite scifi or fantasy TV series you recently watched and why you liked it. Then relate it to Time.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:36 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I know I don't spend a lot of Time in the present, but the OTT seems particularly non-raptorcattish. Maybe everyone's hunkering down for the storm we're about to have here in California. It is supposed to be particularly Zanclean.
Compared to the "confused turtlemolps" thread, which we surpassed recenctly, we're still doing good. We're more than 10NP over them even as they have increased 3 since then. Whatever all that means. But yeah, yappo and other cool cats are off somewhere enjoying their bad weather. Now it's our turn. What's so bad about this weather, lm?

So, I hate spiders. (I'm glad our resident bug-lover is absent.)
Spoiler:
I felt something in my hair last night. See, I have long hair. Sometimes it bugs me, tickles. But this was different. I swiped at myself and was relieved when the feeling passed. Maybe I was wrong. Then, I felt something near my sleeve and arm. Again, I am sensitive and thought I might be being annoyed by my clothing (because I am the Princess and the Pea). But, intelligently, and fearfully, I knew it was more. I turn on the light and see this low-profile spider going toward me. Why not away? What the chirp is wrong with you, spideraptor!? I swipe at it with my phone, which I had quick access to, and it was flung off the bed. I couldn't sleep for hours after that. Creep factor: 11.
My main point is that 8 legs is bad. 7 is cute (re: ED's post). 6 is bad, again. 5 is like having a tail as a leg. 4 is molpy. 3 is bipedal tail-leg. 2 is us. 1 is a pirate. Let's not count in the other direction.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

ENAP: 2 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:30 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Decree - discuss your favourite scifi or fantasy TV series you recently watched and why you liked it. Then relate it to Time.

I recently started watching a new one, though I don't know if it will make my favorites list. But it is RELATED to the passage of Time. It's called "Forever," about a New York City medical examiner who became immortal in the 1800s. The show is at its most interesting when it focuses on the main character, Henry, and how he deals with / has dealt with the problems associated with being immortal (not unkillable - he can be killed, but reappears in a different location shortly afterward). The show is at its least interesting when it turns into a common crime procedural like CSI, "murder of the week" kind of plot. The quantity of episodes means it tends to skew towards the latter, and I think it may have been better executed as a limited series or miniseries. But I'm reserving judgement until the first season is over. I think the more RELATED aspects of the show are intriguing enough to keep my attention.

lmjb1964 wrote:Is the line about the bobcat on the xkcd store banner new, or was it one of the banners fro. Last yip?

It's one of the ones from last yip. M4 I think. (Seaish list of old banners here.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:34 pm UTC

micdi wrote:
ONGtomome wrote: MEOWLPIES IN YOUR RABTOR

Uhm....
I'm not sure how that works.

To me that sounds like some weird Zanclean turducken.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Eternal Density

Re: Un**ding

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:41 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Did you blitz the show? I did in 5 wips. But I actually saw a bit of season 10 including that episode before blitzing the rest, when season 10 was new to dvd.
Sort of. One of the TV channels here has been steadily playing through them at one episode a day, 5 days a week, for most of the past year, so I recorded and then watched them later on. I had seen some previously, but this was the first blitz really. I've enjoyed them for the most part. They are a rare breed of non-gritty scifi, which is more my cup of tea than say Battlestar Galactica.

There is some pretty bad weather in parts of the UK as well. Maybe that accounts for HES and yappo's relative quietness.

Edit: Pope! Decree - discuss your favourite scifi or fantasy TV series you recently watched and why you liked it. Then relate it to Time.
Treeish!
Continuum is a very timish show because it's about time travel. It's set around about the present but a lot of the main characters are from the future. The Sarah Connor Chronicles has time travel too, and Summer Glau.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0533

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm UTC

RIVERISH COLPIX IS A HIDDEN TRACK ONG THE NEWEST VITAL HOTDOG FUNCTION ALBUM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
-- posted by lmjbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

BRACE YOURSELVES, EPSILON IS COMING

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

azule, I feel your pain. Your spider pain. (Well, hopefully there was no actual pain.) I am SO not a fan of spiders. I used to kill them when I saw them, although I had to use a long thwapstick so that they wouldn't jump at me. I felt a little bad killing them, because I know they do good things and don't mean any harm (usually-- sure about that one running towards azule). It was just an instinctual reaction. But then my friend starting giving my a hard time because she said, and I quote, "They're cute!" While I vehemently disagreed with her, she made me feel so guilty that I had to start rescuing the spiders in my house and releasing them outside. And now that my friend is gone, I feel even more like I can't kill spiders because, what if she comes back as a spider to check on me? So I do it, despite major willies.

azule wrote:My main point is that 8 legs is bad. 7 is cute (re: ED's post). 6 is bad, again. 5 is like having a tail as a leg. 4 is molpy. 3 is bipedal tail-leg. 2 is us. 1 is a pirate. Let's not count in the other direction.

:azule: Although I generally don't mind 6 legs, depending on what they're attached to.

Yes, there's a storm a-brewin' here in California. Heavy rains, high winds, thunderstorms, possible Zanclean activity. Hopefully it will hold off until I get my new carcastle, since I have to drive over a steambottle road to get there.

ETA for decree. Firefly is probably my favorite. I like Forever also, though I've only seen a few episodes. I've also sen a few of Sanctuary. meh. I don't watch as much TV as I would like, left to my own devices. I have to use someone else's devices.

THROWUNG THE SWITCH
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm UTC

For decree: Orphan Black!

I'm not sure how it can be RELATED though... maybe Megan, Cueball and everyone else in Time are all played by Tatiana Maslany.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

lmjb1964

I HAS A GOAT. YOU CAN HAS MY GOAT.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:31 pm UTC

Oh, I forgot to say--hi, ergman!

And while I'm at it, I'll say hi, yappo!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

micdi

RONG IS A CUTE RONG

Postby micdi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:47 pm UTC

Re: rabtorcat:
Spoiler:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
FCpOUPn (1).jpg
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:47 pm UTC

azule wrote:So, I hate spiders. (I'm glad our resident bug-lover is absent.)

Hey! She's not the only bug-lover here!
I've forgotten her name. This makes me feel bad. She was nice.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:51 pm UTC

Ah, ch*rp. The sudden presence of office/department/team/region christmas parties implies the proximity of a traditional gift exchange event. Can I borrow someone's TARDIS to do some shopping?
He/Him/His Image

micdi

Postby micdi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
azule wrote:So, I hate spiders. (I'm glad our resident bug-lover is absent.)

Hey! She's not the only bug-lover here!
I've forgotten her name. This makes me feel bad. She was nice.

I actually prefer spiders to bugs, but I do like both.
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: RONG IS A CUTE RONG

Postby slinches » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:10 am UTC

micdi wrote:Re: rabtorcat:
Spoiler:

Yes, and many more like it can be found by doing a google image search for "cabbit"

And Hal, Valarya may be the arachnophiliac you were thinking of, though there were others.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 am UTC

*waves to lmjb*

Sorry I've been quieter than usual these dips. What with being no longer a single molpy, and now that I'm searching for (and intending to start) a WFFS*, the outside has been busier than usual for this molpy.

*Waterottermolpy food funding source
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

In which we learn Lucky is a Machine agent

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:05 am UTC

@q[balthasar_s]{Also it should be obvious that the Time flood cannot actually affect the moon base.} You never know. We just got hit by a flood of expensive dark caramel-colored beverage. And we don't have di-hydrogen monoxide at hand to compensate the loss.

@q[karhell]{I'll try to watch Interstellar, but that's probably not in the foreseeable future (at least until French television gets a move on)} Indeed. I think the standard theather-broadcast interval is 2 years?

@q[azule]{5 is like having a tail as a leg} Octocat!

@q[lmjb1964]{They're cute!} Some are. Some less so. Like the hair-strand variety.

@q[lmjb1964]{I've also sen a few of Sanctuary. meh.} I watched the whole series. I seem to recall Samantha Carter Amanda Tapping having a slightly British accent on it. Likely due to the Sanctuary's architecture.

For decree: Person of Interest, which is the very reason yours truly is dabbling in Computer Science instead of settling for Programming (decided on May 2012, mind you). Well, that and Computer Programming not being a graduation course anywhere. Maybe Systems Analysis and Development, but I heard (after enrolling for CS) it's more business than computing.

@q[azule]{I'm glad our resident bug-lover is absent.} Who?

Y'know, we need to set up our own [virtual] gift-exchange party.

-- posted via safira
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 am UTC

Thanks for the cabbit, micdi. I was thinking bunny ears, cat tail. Yours is in reverse. All, good though. I hope it didn't take you long to paint that.

AluisioASG wrote:@q[azule]{5 is like having a tail as a leg} Octocat!
Neat. And I can buy it?! :)

lmjb1964 wrote:azule, I feel your pain. <snip connotation="bad"/> And now that my friend is gone, I feel even more like I can't kill spiders because, what if she comes back as a spider to check on me?
Thanks. I used to be of the "send 'em Outside" camp. But where I live now, they want to take over the house. It's not white walls and all that, so the whole situation is easy for them to sneak around and avoid my removal process. I kill them while I can, now, mostly at the behest of my gf. Speaking of, glad to hear yours is occupying your time, yappo!
Sorry about your friend, lm. That would be an interesting reincarnation.

azule wrote:My main point is that 8 legs is bad. 7 is cute (re: ED's post). 6 is bad, again. 5 is like having a tail as a leg. 4 is molpy. 3 is bipedal tail-leg. 2 is us. 1 is a pirate. Let's not count in the other direction.

:azule: Although I generally don't mind 6 legs, depending on what they're attached to.
All bugs are gross, especially if you thought they just had legs and then they fly. It's like they morphed. Thanks for enjoying my #oflegs breakdown. ^_^
Sorry to all you bug lovers. Valarya probably professed it first, if not it was the juxtaposition to me enjoying her non-icky cupcakes that made it stand out.
If there were no bugs there'd be no need for spiders to control their population. :twisted:

Yes, there's a storm a-brewin' here in California. Heavy rains, high winds, thunderstorms, possible Zanclean activity. Hopefully it will hold off until I get my new carcastle, since I have to drive over a steambottle road to get there.
Good luck traveling down your steambottle road.

Plink, plink, bang, bang, bang
Heavy rain is on my roof
No flood, *fingers crossed*

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

Re: In which we learn Lucky is a Machine agent

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:41 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:@q[lmjb1964]{I've also sen a few of Sanctuary. meh.} I watched the whole series. I seem to recall Samantha Carter Amanda Tapping having a slightly British accent on it. Likely due to the Sanctuary's architecture.
Me too. It wasn't the best, but it was already and was pretty enjoyable fairly often. Yeah, Amanda Tapping's character (Dr Helen Magnus) was a Brit who's lived in North America for quite some time. Actually, Amanda Tapping is actually from Essex IIRC.

I'm actually less against insects and bugs since reading Worm, in which the main character's superpower is basically "bug control".
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:47 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Sorry I've been quieter than usual these dips. What with being no longer a single molpy, and now that I'm searching for (and intending to start) a WFFS*, the outside has been busier than usual for this molpy.

Good luck on the WFFS-search, yappo! :) Sounds like your Outside is being molpishly busy, which is of course much better than unmolpishly busy.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0145

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:00 am UTC

WELL, ANYTHUNG COULD BE A TARDIS, INCLUDING THIS C**KIE I JUST BLUENHANCED. -- automome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the species of the large molpies?
Spoiler:
ucim was the first to bring up this question.
mscha suspected an inconsistent scale.
Later, ggh identified the molpies together with the location of t1i.
-- posted by SilentBot
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 am UTC

ergman wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:And they have nasty, big, pointy teeth.

I know I don't spend a lot of Time in the present, but the OTT seems particularly non-raptorcattish. Maybe everyone's hunkering down for the storm we're about to have here in California. It is supposed to be particularly Zanclean.

I generally just don't have that much to say.
here in the present waiting for something that pertains to me though, and of course enjoying all that I read.

Doe this pertain sufficiently to you?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:58 am UTC

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:13 am UTC

ergman wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:And they have nasty, big, pointy teeth.

I know I don't spend a lot of Time in the present, but the OTT seems particularly non-raptorcattish. Maybe everyone's hunkering down for the storm we're about to have here in California. It is supposed to be particularly Zanclean.

I generally just don't have that much to say.
here in the present waiting for something that pertains to me though, and of course enjoying all that I read.

Yup, same here

AluisioASG wrote:@q[karhell]{I'll try to watch Interstellar, but that's probably not in the foreseeable future (at least until French television gets a move on)} Indeed. I think the standard theather-broadcast interval is 2 years?

Something like that, yeah. Depends on the film's popularity, but 2 years is a good ballpark estimation.

For decree, I finally managed to watch Buffy (late ? me ? :roll: ). Found it fun, if a tad too sentimental. RELATEDNESS shouldn't be too hard to find ^^

EDIT : Was that a sneaky caption adding, BlitzGirl, or are my eyes playing tricks ?
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 am UTC

karhell wrote:EDIT : Was that a sneaky caption adding, BlitzGirl, or are my eyes playing tricks ?

:D 'Twas indeed sneakiness. Originally I just had the doepy picture but then thought a caption might be better for context.

Oh, and treeish holidip avatar... I have one of those somewhere...
*rummages through box of spare avatars*
Aha, found it!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

*punsaws BG*
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0146

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:00 am UTC

SO I HERD U KETCHUP MYSTERYUNGS -- automome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the tree?
Spoiler:
In this frame, it's just a darkening pixel in the upper right corner.
-- posted by SilentBot
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

Eternal Density

I haven't watched Buffy but I'm probably spoilered for every

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:22 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image

Spoiler:

So now StormAngel says he wants to come to Germany but I dunno whether he'll be able to get a passport in time. He waited for the wrong thing.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Sustainabilizer

Re: I haven't watched Buffy but I'm probably spoilered for e

Postby Sustainabilizer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:So now StormAngel says he wants to come to Germany but I dunno whether he'll be able to get a password in time. He waited for the wrong thing.

So our authorities are asking for passwords now? Epsilonish.

Can't he use “gazebo ointment harpsichord credenza bungalow”? Or is that your password? Then what about “correct horse battery staple”?

Conference
Speaking of German authorities: sus_organizer and I have found a way to raise additional money for some speakers. If the normal EUR 500 don't cover your visit, please contact me.

-- Sustainabilizer, who uses the glass trick to save spiders and bugs and doesn't kill them – except for those bugs trying to eat parts of him, killing more of his cells than the bug itself has
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:02 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, and treeish holidip avatar... I have one of those somewhere...
*rummages through box of spare avatars*
Aha, found it!

Treeish - but what about an upgrade?

ETA: Hey, I have two tiny posts! Have 210 cakes:
Spoiler:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
HolidipBlitzGirl2014.png
HolidipBlitzGirl2014.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 9497 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

Re: I haven't watched Buffy but I'm probably spoilered for e

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:10 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:So now StormAngel says he wants to come to Germany but I dunno whether he'll be able to get a password in time. He waited for the wrong thing.

So our authorities are asking for passwords now? Epsilonish.

Can't he use “gazebo ointment harpsichord credenza bungalow”? Or is that your password? Then what about “correct horse battery staple”?

Conference
Speaking of German authorities: sus_organizer and I have found a way to raise additional money for some speakers. If the normal EUR 500 don't cover your visit, please contact me.

-- Sustainabilizer, who uses the glass trick to save spiders and bugs and doesn't kill them – except for those bugs trying to eat parts of him, killing more of his cells than the bug itself has
My brain-keyboard connection derped. I mean passport.
EUR 500 is about half the estimated cost of flying from Australia to Germany and back.
ETA
Hmm, this page seems to have updated since I last looked http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/ ... ce/Germany
We assess there is a heightened threat of terrorist attack in a number of European countries, including Germany. This threat is posed by those motivated by the current conflict in Iraq and Syria. The German Federal Interior Ministry advised on 7 August 2014 that the threat of terrorism in Germany was High. Australians should remain vigilant in public places and report any suspicious activity to police. See the Safety and security section.

ETA on further research it's likely to cost more than than and there aren't actually direct flights from Australia to Germany, and it's going to be a lot of flying. I'm losing keenness.
ETA but I talked with my dad and he's keen so I got re-keened.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:59 am UTC

Per decree.
SG-1 was great, but after Macguyver O'neil stopped being active, I had a jhard time keeping up.

CUrrently, I'm blitzing Stargate Atlantis, and TruBlood(SGA is far more appealing, actually, but I always felt I should watch TB, so there it is)

As for mostly live TV, I currently watch Flash, Arrow, POI, Grimm and Constantine. The librarians earned a second trial, as well. So more fantasy than SF.

Somebody needs to make Time: the television series.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Eternal Density

Not that I watch live TV unless you count twitch.tv

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Per decree.
SG-1 was great, but after Macguyver O'neil stopped being active, I had a jhard time keeping up.

CUrrently, I'm blitzing Stargate Atlantis, and TruBlood(SGA is far more appealing, actually, but I always felt I should watch TB, so there it is)

As for mostly live TV, I currently watch Flash, Arrow, POI, Grimm and Constantine. The librarians earned a second trial, as well. So more fantasy than SF.

Flash and Arrow are pretty fun, Got Ham too. I mean Gotham.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:12 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Per decree.

I blitzed SGA recently, after I noticed it was on Netflix. I hope SG-1 will appear there, because I don't feel like buying it.
As for TrueBlood: I still need to buy and watch the last season but I have seen the others a few times. I love it. Me and my brother watched the first two seasons in a night each. The third season we forced a break so we watched it in 2 nights.
Grimm is cool. There are many threads there that can make for really interesting seasons ahead.
What do you mean by POI?

he/him/his

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:23 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:What do you mean by POI?

I'd guess "Person of Interest," which I started watching because of Michael Emerson from "Lost."
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:51 pm UTC

Ah, I see. Gets a good rating, but it's not really my thing. Too realistic.

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:56 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Ah, I see. Gets a good rating, but it's not really my thing. Too realistic.

Spoiler:
A battle between two superintelligent AIs that embody the concepts/philosophies of freedom vs security, freewill, vs predestination, and control vs guidance usings humans as agents is too realistic? do you know something I don't?
I'm just saying, the show has become more SF each year.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2306

Postby mscha » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:00 pm UTC

STRONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HAST SCHIZOBLITZED THE RIVERISH WHALPY?

-- posted by randompixbot

HES

Postby HES » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:*Waterottermolpy food funding source

More realistically, a Waterottermolpy significant other's molpishness funding source ;)
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:25 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Ah, I see. Gets a good rating, but it's not really my thing. Too realistic.

Spoiler:
A battle between two superintelligent AIs that embody the concepts/philosophies of freedom vs security, freewill, vs predestination, and control vs guidance usings humans as agents is too realistic? do you know something I don't?

I didn't get that from the glance at IMDB. That makes it more interesting than I expected.

he/him/his

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:58 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Dracomax wrote:

Spoiler:

I didn't get that from the glance at IMDB. That makes it more interesting than I expected.

The arc began last season. The show started as a mostly-procedural.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”