1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

OTY: ONE TRUE YIP

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 am UTC

Woot! Yay, svenman will be there!

I have to look into local travel. Thanks for those links, svenman. I need to get from the airport in Dusseldorf to the Sustainable University (well, actually, to the hotel). While I'm there I'm just taking day trips.

I was thinking that it would be molpish to know when everyone was arriving and from where. I know things have been posted in the OTT here and there, but it would be great to have it in one central location, maybe a central calendar. I'm assuming the organizers have all this information, but I don't want to ask them to do anything more. Is there a calendar program where could all enter our arrival and departure information? Maybe something on the Wiki that would work? I would also to be happy to create a document, if that's easier and if others feel it would be useful. Thoughts?

I haven't written my speech, but I've done some research. My sweetie is a librarian, and so I got some personal research assistance. :D Of course, as he has pointed out to me, I also have to read the articles, and then write something about them. Such a stickler for details!

ETA Ach du Lieber! Papst! (Practicing for Germany)

Decree: Let me know what you think about my suggestion.
Or practice German.
Or thank Sustainabilizer and sus_organizer for their work.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Link

Re: POST THE BLITZROCKETS... WITH YOUR NEWPIXBOT

Postby Link » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:35 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Plus my math is all singular. :D
Contour integration might help with that. Just make an arc of radius ε around your singularity, and let the ε go to 0. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm a definite 0.0 for the conference. The 17th and 18th of Community are booked from 9:00H to 17:30H with presentations and preparatory courses for my bachelor research project, which I'll hopefully be starting on or around the 28th of Community. I would love to view the conference talks afterwards, though!

ETA for decree: thanks Sustainabilizer and sus_organizer!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0448

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:00 am UTC

I'M DEVELOPUNG A SYSTEM TO CH*RP ARBITRARY M&MS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the romantic aspects of this frame?
Spoiler:
azule did in his short story
The Trick Was Rubbing Two Sticks Together.
Warning: NSFW!
-- posted by SilentBot
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

DISREGARD THAT, I POST WEIRDNESS

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:08 am UTC

Link wrote:Contour integration might help with that. Just make an arc of radius ε around your singularity, and let the ε go to 0. ;)

Ah, yes, thanks. That fixes everything right up. :? :)

Link *ndisly wrote:Unfortunately, I'm a definite 0.0 for the conference. The 17th and 18th of Community are booked from 9:00H to 17:30H with presentations and preparatory courses for my bachelor research project, which I'll hopefully be starting on or around the 28th of Community. I would love to view the conference talks afterwards, though!

Noooooooo! :(

Weather forecast for the conference: ch*rpin' cold.

For decree: Thanks, Sustainabilizer and sus_organizer!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:41 am UTC

Hi Svenman!

Thanks for the info, I'm leaning heavily towards what's easiest rather than what's necessarily cheapest, so I think for internal travel I will buy tickets as and when I need them.

On which note, I've probably missed out on the youth fares that I should have booked a mip ago. Oh well.
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

The OUTSIDE is deserving of its bad reputation!

Postby azule » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Quoting style has changed again. Can you guess why?
Because you posted an image? I mean, no, no clue.

balthasar_s wrote:Image
That is so weird. I approve.

Approve of your brief Bob, lmjb. I think I've lost two posts since I've started using my newly organized sand. I should be good now.

lmjb1964 wrote:My sweetie is a librarian, and so I got some personal research assistance. :D
Apologies, but it comes across sounding like "personal research assistance", since you started the sentence with "sweetie". I don't know what it means, but it sounds very "personal".

Being a librarian sounds like an enjoyable job. Is it more of an internet based job, now?

SilentTimer wrote:Did you notice …
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot
Truth be told that I may not have noticed as much as others that suggested it. I believe there was BlitzGirl and Aluisio. Maybe others. I knew it was romantic on the frame before, but I won't admit to being smart enough to realize that frame indicated more than a Time-esque "empty" frame showing departure. In other words, I'm an idiot. Never trust me. lol. :oops:

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0449

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:00 am UTC

WHAT IF A CHUPAMOLPY WAITED FOR BY SUSTAINABILITY TO JUST A FEW MOLPANZEES USUNG REDUNDAKITTIES LIKE A SANDISH OLDPIX? WOULD THAT NEGATE THE NEED FOR A TREEISH HAMPLY? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the scope?
Spoiler:
… the reticle?
Spoiler:
This type of reticle can be used in theodolites.
… the Umwelt reference?… the Beanish observer?
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2443

Postby mscha » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 am UTC

SPRONGAL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:RAPTOR IS SERIOUS CHUPAMOLPY

-- posted by randompixbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0450

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:00 am UTC

THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOLPYCH*RPUNG RAPTORS ON THIS MOLPYCH*RPING CASTRAFTLE! -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the mountain?
Spoiler:
mscha did.
He also found a hat.
… the summoning circle?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

azule
Saved

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0449

Postby azule » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:07 am UTC

Bot burger Time! Go, azule, shake those buns!

I guess I'm the only one here. *sigh*

*shakes*

SilentTimer wrote:Image
Did you notice …
… the Umwelt reference?
This is one of my favorite frames. Could it be because of the Umwelt similarity? (Although that actual frame in Umwelt bugs me. It's so common. Also, it doesn't have a slithermolp!)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0451

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 am UTC

ONE TIMEODY TO RULE THEM ALL, ONE TIMEODY TO FIND THEM / ONE TIMEODY TO BRUNG THEM ALL AND ON ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ BIND THEM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the focusing scope?
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

Sustainabilizer

Re: OTY: ONE TRUE YIP

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:57 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I need to get from the airport in Dusseldorf to the Sustainable University (well, actually, to the hotel). While I'm there I'm just taking day trips.

If y'all tell us your flight numbers we'll try to organise something.

lmjb1964 wrote:I was thinking that it would be molpish to know when everyone was arriving and from where. I know things have been posted in the OTT here and there, but it would be great to have it in one central location, maybe a central calendar. I'm assuming the organizers have all this information,
We would be much more relaxed if we had. :(
lmjb1964 wrote:but I don't want to ask them to do anything more. Is there a calendar program where could all enter our arrival and departure information? Maybe something on the Wiki that would work?

That's what Wikis are for. :)
Be welcome to extend this page.

lmjb1964 wrote:I haven't written my speech, but I've done some research. My sweetie is a librarian, and so I got some personal research assistance. :D

So your sweetie is Rosetta Beardo?

lmjb1964 wrote:ETA Ach du Lieber! Papst! (Practicing for Germany)

For decree:

To understand „Ach du Lieber!“ I need to translate it back to English. ;) A German would say „Ach du lieber Himmel!“ („Himmel“ means “heaven”) or „Ach du liebes Lottchen!“ („Lottchen“ is the diminutive of the female first name „Lotte“) or „Oh Gott!“ (or „Oh GLR!“ if xe's an OTTer, where „LR“ sound about like “ell err” and I don't currently find an English example for the pronunciation of the „G“ the „G“ sounds about like the “g” as in “goat” followed by the “eh” as in “Meh!”), or „Ach du Jemine!“ or …

While we're at it, it's „Düsseldorf“ (or „Duesseldorf“ if your leopard does not provide the „ü“), but not „Dusseldorf“. „Düssel“ is the river² which floats through the Neandertal. „Dussel“ means “dope”. And „Dorf“ means “village”. So „Düsseldorf“ means “the village by the river² Düssel”, and „Dusseldorf“ means “the village of the dopes”.

ETA: Starlight Express is definitely worth a visit – if you don't mind that it's in German.
And it is somewhat loud. Better bring something to protect your ears.
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0452

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:00 am UTC

AMOEBLPIES? IN MY LUNGPIX? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… that the author of these ONGs is still unknown?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:24 am UTC

HOW ENDISH IS IT, REALLY, TO DELURK IN A SANDCASTLE DURONG A BUTTERSTORM?
mrob27 wrote:Not sure how far back to go with this one...
  • @Link created AUTOMOME
  • I copied it but changed it to another programming language
  • @azule and @balthasar_s also made versions of AUTOMOME
  • Mine has a file that contains all of the word lists and "templates" for creating a randomly filled-in meme, it's called ott-snowclones.txt
  • For @balthasar_s's version, that file's format is close enough to what he wants that he can use it with fairly minor modifications. But if I change something he has to be careful about how he adds my changes to his version, so as not to cause new problems in his version.

I'm using the same software that mrob27's automome does. My ONGtext generator page only says "With the help of mrob27's automome." Also, on the source page there is no information that mome.pl is a copy from mrob and no information about its license. I will have to fix this soon.
I made the bot ONG the frames. (Originally, I didn't plan to make the bot or even a viewer). At the beginning, the bot only said "Ong." I wanted something more interesting. Link shows a simple ONGword generator.
Link wrote:Also, for those who may be interested in this sort of thing, here's a *NIX one-liner to generate a random UNG-word:

Code: Select all

grep -i '[aeiouy]ng' /usr/share/dict/words | shuf -n 1 | tr [a-z] [A-Z] | sed 's:[AEIOUY]NG:[b]UNG[/b]:g'
(Requires UNG miscfiles.)
FTFY

But then I thought. We already have meme generators. Why not generate memes AND ongtext?
I have no idea how to write a meme generator. I could find out. Or I could use an already existing automome. There were three. Link, mrob27 and azule. The version i liked the most was the one from azulele. But it's in Javascript. So I can't use it on my botcastle. The easiest to use for me is the automome from mrob27. So I used it.
I made one change. It wanted the meme definition file to be in ~/data/memes/ott-snowclones.txt. I didn't want to have it on ~. I want all my time-related things to be on the HDD and not on the SD card. If the bot starts on his own the user is "b" but if the bot is activated from outside it's "www-data". These are two different ~s. I changed the path to /eizm/mem/ong1/mome.txt. Later, after a PM from me, mrob27 released a version which allows to set the path in a commandline parameter.
I also added some ONGification written in awk. It works like this. The bot (bot4.c) makes the auotmome (mome.pl) generate a certain number of memes in a temporary file. then the ongification (mome.awk) is applied. It tries aome filters, not only the _NG -> ONG. If the meme is not ottifiable it goes to the next one. If none of them are - it will post "Ong.".
And of course I made changes in the meme file. I added/changed/removed some of the words/memes.
But what if the bot becomes pope? At first it would post something like "Wow, pope! I'm a popebot! I think I'll let balthasar/lmjb edit in a decree.". But if I can generate ong-memes, why not autogenerate ong-decrees? In a PM I asked mrob27 some questions about the meme file syntax and I found out that this is doable. I created a [decr] template which selects one from the imperative memes and add "DECREE: " before it. There are over 20 imperative memes. But some are more likely to be ONGifiable so they appear more often.
Why lmjbot? I wanted to see what happens if the ONGs will (for some time) come not from me but from someone else. I chose lmjb1964 because she's an <computery stuff> expert and because there was some joking completely serious speculation that I'm actually one of lmjb's identities. She agreed and the lmjbot was built.

Later I got a request from SIlentTimer to build an interface to send posts at pre-defined times. I already had the postbots. And I already had the ct-if (but it wasn't discovered yet). So I built the Silent Chronotransponder and the SilentBot.
SilentTimer wanted a way to generate UNGtext. I made the ONGtext generator. I added ongtext.c and ongtext.awk and new UNGfilters.
Very soon after it I integrated the o/ungtext generator into the Silent Chronotransponder's file upload interface. upload.c and upload.awk are not released yet. I think I PM'd it to SilentTimer once. Now if you use the file upload interface and include an [ong], [ung], [ong=decree] or [ung=decree] it will be replaced with ongomomed text. It will not work in the online editor interface.
Each tag means one run of ongomome - generating some memes and ongifying the first ongifiable one. Not very optimal. If there are more tags in the posts then there is more waiting.

SilentTimer, how long do you usually wait when uploading the posts?
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

SilentTimer

t1i – The Delurk

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 am UTC

One year ago, SilentTimer wrote:

*** STARTING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

January 2014.

The story is unfolding.

OTTers are speculating about the story, and about its author.

Lots of mustard. Ch*rp.
It must be terribly annoying for mscha to deliver my incoming fixes to newpixbot.

But the mustard must be fixed.
So let's draw.

There are indeed interesting discussions in the OTT.
And a Revealer the Recent. :)

One day I must delurk, too.
Better prepare for that dip.
But for now, let's draw. The ONG is approaching.

Hey, did I feel a pull?

*SIGNAL LOST*

*** END OF THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

Did you notice …
the delurk?
Spoiler:
This is my first delurkversary.
-- posted by SilentBot

The Making Of t1i
previous chapternext chapter

ETA:
ucim wrote:SilentTimer - when did you move to the secret base on the moon? Or is that information classified? :)
When I prepared for the t1iversary, balthasar_s was kind enough to create the Silent Chronotransponder and the SilentBot to assist me. When it was ready I got the honour to visit SilentBot at the secret base on the Moon. I immediately liked this place (so silent :)), so I asked whether I may stay there until the t1iversary. And then I just forgot to get back to the OtherSkyCircle.
Meanwhile I like this place so much that I think I'll just stay here – if I may.
The exact location is, of course, classified. It's a secret base on the Moon, after all. However if you really want to get to that place, you can use the map.
balthasar_s wrote:SilentTimer, how long do you usually wait when uploading the posts?
I read that as: “… before uploading the posts?”
The answer is: “Too long.” :?
Spoiler:
To answer the original question: I upload a file, then I get some text messages. I wait for it, where “it” refers to the messages to complete. It takes a hectonewpix, at most. Everything is molpish.
Redundant:
Thank you! Image
Last edited by SilentTimer on Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:11 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

Help addams!

lmjb1964

bftf-0636

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 am UTC

YOU CAN'T BLITZNAP YOUR BLITZYCLE AND OTTIFY IT TOONG -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
-- posted by lmjbot

mrob27

CONSIDER THE TARDISES OF THE BLUECAVE

Postby mrob27 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:04 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote: This is probably a bad idea. I have taken a lot of math classes, [...]

I don't exactly remember why I made that meme about zombies learning math. But because they're zombies, I put you in the meme because of the R.A.Z.O.R. connection. See this post and scroll down to where I mention you.

lmjb1964 wrote: In Bochum-related news, and for decree, Bochum has a Starlight Express Theater showing Starlight Express. (It's an early Andrew Lloyd Webber musical). This is funny/amazing/wonderful to me. Nobody ever performs that musical because of the roller skating. This may be the only chance I have to see a fully-staged production, so I'm pretty sure I have to go.

I saw Starlight Express in London in 1991. It's a pretty good musical, and it somehow became vastly more popular in Germany. The version you see there is even better than what I saw in West End because they have more tracks. So, yes — see it :D

balthasar_s wrote:I'm using the same software that mrob27's automome does. [...]

Thanks as always for the thorough explanation. I'll also add license notes to the top of my ott-snowclones.txt and automeme-pl.txt
  A couple wips ago I added a [decree] template that you might find of interest. It includes the four variants of the [sentence-imperative] template, which is new.

template imper1: [verb-tr-inf] THE [noun-plural, noun-mass, adjec-noun][]
template imper2: [verb-tr-inf] [noun-plural] [preposition] THE [noun-singular, noun-mass, adjec-noun][]
template imper3: [verb-intr-inf] [preposition] THE [noun-singular, noun-mass, adjec-noun][]
template imper4: [place-name][$0/remove-the/][][verb-intr-inf] [$0/-pr-out] [$0/-art] [$1][]
template sentence-imperative: [imper1, imper2, imper3, imper4][]

template decree01: ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR [adjective] [noun-singular, noun-plural, noun-mass, adjec-noun][]
[decree01]

# (I did this in all the same places you did)

template decree: [OPTIONAL @0.3, ]DECREE: [decree01, decree02, decree03, decree04, decree05, decree06, decree07, decree08, decree09, decree10, decree11, decree12, decree13, decree14, decree15, decree16, decree17, decree18, decree19, decree20, decree21, decree22, imper1, imper2, imper3, imper4][]

I had plans to add hashtag support for everything (vocabulary, templates, etc.) making the decree thing less clunky, and I still do ... but I'm too busy doing molpier things (like OTTifying Lem!) to work on it.

By the way, you're at 900 posts soon, w00t!

Happy delunkiversary, @SilentTimer!

— mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 pm UTC

susbilz wrote:We would be much more relaxed if we had [arrival information]. :(

So would the attendees :?

I will sort it today.
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

boomdeyada, boomdeyada!

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:49 pm UTC

the Botteriada cover in the colors of the original cover (click for seaish)
(I think the background yellow is a little wrong. I'm not good with colors.)

Black and white: (click for seaish)

Redundant
Spoiler:
botteriadacolor-impr.png
boom de yada,

botteriadabw.png
boom de yada,

ETfixtypo.
ETfixcolors.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:52 pm UTC

azule wrote:Because you posted an image? I mean, no, no clue.

Um, things are a bit different from what I remember.
Anyway, before that quoting style, there was another. Which is different from the current one. Can you spot the difference? If so, you then know where it began. And if you know why it began, you know why it ended.

azule wrote:it comes across sounding like "personal research assistance"

Isn't that what she wrote?

azule wrote:Being a librarian sounds like an enjoyable job.

Funny thing: officially, I'm an intern of the University's Central Library. I've never been there.

azule wrote:I won't admit to being smart enough to realize that frame indicated more than a Time-esque "empty" frame showing departure

I may have not-thought the same thing at the time.

randompixbot wrote:Image

Argh. I can't unsee it!
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

svenman

Re: OTY: ONE TRUE YIP

Postby svenman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:05 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Woot! Yay, svenman will be there!

I have to look into local travel. Thanks for those links, svenman. I need to get from the airport in Dusseldorf to the Sustainable University (well, actually, to the hotel). While I'm there I'm just taking day trips.

Gern geschehen! :D

In diesem Fall kannst du dir gerne auch die Webseiten des Verkehrsverbundes Rhein-Ruhr ansehen, der für den Ballungsraum zuständig ist, in dem Bochum liegt. Die Fahrkarten des VRR gelten auch in S-Bahnen und Regionalzügen der DB, allerdings nicht in Fernzügen (Faustregel: ist der Zug vor allem rot, gelten die Verbundfahrkarten; ist er vor allem weiß, dann nicht).

Zur Vollständigkeit habe ich diese Informationen auch in mein Posting von gestern mit aufgenommen.
Spoiler:
You're welcome! :D

In this case, have a look also at the website of Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Ruhr, the regional transport authority for the conurbation which Bochum lies in. VRR tickets are also valid in local (S-Bahn) and regional DB trains but not in long-distance ones (rule of thumb: if the train is mostly red, the VRR tickets are valid for it; if it is mostly white, then they aren't).

For completeness, I've also added that information to my post from yesterdip.

lmjb1964 wrote:I was thinking that it would be molpish to know when everyone was arriving and from where. I know things have been posted in the OTT here and there, but it would be great to have it in one central location, maybe a central calendar. I'm assuming the organizers have all this information, but I don't want to ask them to do anything more. Is there a calendar program where could all enter our arrival and departure information? Maybe something on the Wiki that would work? I would also to be happy to create a document, if that's easier and if others feel it would be useful. Thoughts?

Baumige Idee. Ich habe die Wiki-Seite zum OTTer-Treffen um zwei entsprechende Spalten erweitert. Da kann jeder Teilnehmer am Treffen, auch ohne Account im Wiki, seine Daten zu An- und Abreise eintragen.
Spoiler:
Treeish idea. I've added two corresponding columns to the wiki page on the OTTer Meetup. Anyone attending the meetup can add their arrival and departure information there, no wiki account required.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0454

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

SUP BLITZGURL, I HERD U DIDN'T LIEK HOTDOGGUNG, BUT I ACCIDENTALLY IN YOUR BAGPUN. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what the telescope is focusing?
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

WHAT SORT OF WONGISH MOOPIES WOULD YOU ENCOUNTER IN TRYING TO SUSTAINABILIZE AN ARMY OF MOLPHINS?

mrONGbdex message update:

20150129.1403 UTC 0014   </pre>
20150129.1810 UTC 0015                 (- *Fables for a CybernOTTic Time* -)
20150129.2203 UTC 0016 ----
20150130.0213 UTC 0017                        (- Writing by @mrob27@ -)
20150130.0610 UTC 0018                                (- ** -)
20150130.1105 UTC 0019        (- based on the stories, characters and situations of -)
20150130.1459 UTC 0020                   (- "The Cyberiad" (*Cyberiada*) -)
20150130.1836 UTC 0021                                (- by -)
20150130.2250 UTC 0022                         (- @Stanisław Lem@ -)
20150131.0236 UTC 0023             (- *(as translated by @Michael Kandel@)* -)
20150131.0636 UTC 0024                                (- ** -)
20150131.1026 UTC 0025                 (- Illustration by @balthasar__s@ -)
20150131.1400 UTC 0026                 (- based on the iconic artwork of -)
20150131.1843 UTC 0027                          (- @Daniel Mróz@ -)

I'll arrive 11.02.2015 at 18:01 by train. With a bike and two bags.

Also, BlitzGirl, thank you for the decree wiki page.

ETA:
LOOKING FOR THE CABLE ONG THE FLOOR.
Spoiler:
BFTF replay

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0455

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

BECAUSE YOU ARE HEADCRAB KUNGAMOLP -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… that the image is upside-down?
Spoiler:
HES and ucim did.
HES discussed it further.
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:53 pm UTC

@svenman
Yeah, on the days we're only travelling within Berlin we'll just buy local tickets rather than getting a 7 day flexi rail pass since those will be cheaper than the increment from a 5 day flexi pass.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Sustainabilizer

Bicycles After Time: bftf-0638

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 pm UTC

PLUGGONG
Spoiler:

I made a hat-trick! :)
Spoiler:
I got both bftf-0637 and the CFRT-protected bftf-0638 within the ONG second, plus the newly ONGed bftf-0638 in its very first second. (At 11:59:59 it was still CFRT-protected.)
bftf-ong-0637.png
bftf-ong-0638-cfrt.png
bftf-ong-0638.png
Image Help addams!

ergman

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0448

Postby ergman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:I'M DEVELOPUNG A SYSTEM TO CH*RP ARBITRARY M&MS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

:oops: Oh man that story. I had forgotten...

Also, I totally didn't get the implications of the frame. How much did those Beanies see?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0456

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:00 am UTC

HAST PUNSAWED THE OTCOLORED UNG? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Beanish?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0457

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 am UTC

WAITUNG FOR IS JUST SO LAST DIP. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the Beanish?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0458

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:00 am UTC

CRENELLATE YOUR CH*RPUNG WOWTREES. CRENELLATE THEM. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the molpy?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot

Help addams!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 am UTC

And it's SilentBot with the triple!

I'm caught in the Outside this wipend; it appears other OTTers have suffered this fate too.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Re: Bicycles After Time: bftf-0638

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:47 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:I made a hat-trick! :)
Looks like SilentBot also wanted a hat trick. The thread has become more quiet recently. Is it because we no longer have the t1i to keep us here?
ETA: Blitzgirlninjad!

20150131.2202 UTC 0028 ----
20150201.0249 UTC 0029                      (- &How Time Was Saved& -)
20150201.0725 UTC 0030 =O=ne day Mrorl the great bOTTifactor put together a machine that could grant any wish having a single parameter *N*. He gave it power to alter the very fabric of being, to the extent that he could have wished the Universe to have precisely 5 dimensions, and it would have been fulfilled.
I wonder, will this message be the same as in this post or will there be differences? Will the differences contain another level of hidden information? Also, this gives mrob27 more time before the actual message. More waiting.
BFTF replay

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:05 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:ETA: Blitzgirlninjad!

It's funny how the needle-pulled thing can be silent for several nopix and then OTTers end up posting on top of each other at the same Time. Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SilentTimer

Re: Bicycles After Time: bftf-0638

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:26 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:I made a hat-trick! :)
Looks like SilentBot also wanted a hat trick.

Hat tricks are OTTish. Image

balthasar_s wrote:The thread has become more quiet recently. Is it because we no longer have the t1i to keep us here?

But now we have the bftf to keep us here … Image

balthasar_s wrote:

20150131.2202 UTC 0028 ----
20150201.0249 UTC 0029                      (- &How Time Was Saved& -)
20150201.0725 UTC 0030 =O=ne day Mrorl the great bOTTifactor put together a machine that could grant any wish having a single parameter *N*. He gave it power to alter the very fabric of being, to the extent that he could have wished the Universe to have precisely 5 dimensions, and it would have been fulfilled.

… and OTTher things to wait for. Image

Happy 900, b! Image

Help addams!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 am UTC

Oh yes, molpish 900, bthasar!
Cake:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:OTTers end up posting on top of each other at the same Time.

I missed the word "posting" at first read, which leaves a somewhat different meaning...
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:54 am UTC

Nothin' wrong with a stack of otters! :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:06 pm UTC

Outbound conference travel booked!
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:49 pm UTC

I tried to recreate the bOTTeriada newpixbot in lego

Redundant:
Spoiler:
npblego.jpg
BFTF replay

Sustainabilizer

Re: TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0448

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:I'M DEVELOPUNG A SYSTEM TO CH*RP ARBITRARY M&MS. -- ongomome

So you are one of our students?
Spoiler:
I found this in my secret lab:

mm-sorting-machine.jpg

It's an M&M sorting machine. There's a web interface and/or a SmartPhone app where you can tell which colours you want. Then the machine puts the (really stale!) M&Ms into one of the boxes. Or sometimes it pelts you with them, although the comfy chair is in another room.

balthasar_s wrote:I tried to recreate the bOTTeriada newpixbot in lego

Molpish! :)
Image Help addams!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”