1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

pelrigg

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:27 pm UTC

ucim wrote:There is someone upthread who is new, that I wanted to welcome, but the post had slipped from my grasp and I can't find nor recall the name. Memory is
Spoiler:
...the second thing to go.
Welcome to the One True Thread - make yourself at home! We look forward to hearing from you again (and again...).

Jose

Was it benedikt_wi on NP225? Or am I casting too far back?

ETA

Wow! POPE!! haven't been that for a while.

Decree

Send molpish "Safe Journeys" to our OTTers still on the road.
And a special "Safe Travels" to Eternal Density and StormAngel. They still have a wip of German siteseeing to do.
Last edited by pelrigg on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:54 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

For the POPE.

Here's a BE SAFE cupcake traveling in what could be a cloudcastle, raftcastle or cupcakecastle. Save travels!

RSIR:
Spoiler:
vintage_plane_cupcake_wrapper_dessert_table_birthday_party_3245.jpg
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Eternal Density

7 OTTers in a bar

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:38 pm UTC

ucim wrote:I would favor making links to them available on-thread, and hope the participants would agree. This would make it most likely that non-OTTers would not run into them, but OTTers would be welcome to view and enjoy another aspect of the wowterful world we've created here, and perhaps be inspired to do treeishier things themselves.

Jose
svenman wrote:I don't mind any recordings or transcripts of my participation in the OTTer conference/meetup being available onine. I only have the request that for personal reasons my outside last name should please not appear in text form in the OTT or other OTT-related publicly available documents (exception granted for the eventually to appear conference proceedings, if mere visitors who did not hold a talk are even noted there at all).
pelrigg wrote:cim, as you have so often in the past, have put my vague feelings into concise words.

Might we "Wait For It" and let the participants get back home and let them have Time weigh in? Besides, this might have been something they've discussed in person and have some info we don't know yet.

But, I do like the idea that posting links here would give the right balance of OTT-public vs. OTT-private. (even if videos go up on YouTube; both yappo and balthasar_s have posted vids that are labeled as private. Which, I guess means, they don't show up under regular indexing there.) @
Sciscitor wrote:I can confirm that I appeared as Sciscitor (and one time because of network mustard as Scitor) on IRC. I only request to have login information stripped, should the logs be made public to a broader audience.
Sustainabilizer wrote:Semi-blind-post:
I herewith confirm that the “Sustainabilizer” in the IRC is me.
I don't object against the publication of my (riverish) contributions to the IRC.

The general consensus from us is that posting links here is fine. I believe it has been passworded, which can then be distributed by request. Then we have some control over who has access.

We'll do something similar with personal photos taken by us.

In thread, photos are fine but identification/captioning (even by username) is not. Do not refer to a specific OTTer in relation to a photo.

While some names were revealed during the conference stream, again, do not repeat these in the thread

-posted on behalf of 7 OTTers in a bar

I agree with 7 OTTers in a bar - ED

Ninjedit: aww that's nice Val - 7 OTTers in a bar

ETA this was my 4400th post but.The 7 OTTers in a bar did not listen to Yappo's 100 post song.
Spoiler:
not in the bar, that is
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

pelrigg

Re: 7 OTTers in a bar

Postby pelrigg » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:44 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
-posted on behalf of 7 OTTers in a bar-

Ninjedit: aww that's nice Val - 7 OTTers in a bar

I Wait for the OTTification of that phrase.

(yappo? Anyone?)

ETA
@ ED & StormAngel Have a good Time on the rest of your trip and a safe one home.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1258

Postby mscha » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:00 am UTC

SKIJORONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THAT IS NOT HILLISH WHICH CAN ZANCLEAN LIE / AND WITH WEIRD AEONS EVEN HILLISHNESS MAY DIE

-- posted by randompixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:18 am UTC

I agree with 7 OTTers in a bar
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The general consensus from us is that posting links here is fine. I believe it has been passworded, which can then be distributed by request. Then we have some control over who has access.

In thread, photos are fine but identification/captioning (even by username) is not. Do not refer to a specific OTTer in relation to a photo.

While some names were revealed during the conference stream, again, do not repeat these in the thread

I second H this and I wish the 7 OTTers in a bar all the best and a safe return home. Thanks for coming. I enjoyed your presence. :)

Sustainabilizer, now really molpying down

H: heretic word used for clarity
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Eternal Density

I deserve a lot.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 am UTC

Baobabs, I survived over 3 dips without BlitzGirl without ... (oops I lost track of what I was writing and wrote a redundant word and then wrote this parenthetical statement instead of fixing it which would be much simpler than writing all this especially given how sleepy I am but it is affecting my judgement and making me think it's a funny thing to do ...
Where was I?
Oh yeah, "without BlitzGirl...") buying me any scrumptious donuts.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:50 am UTC

Next Time we're both at an OTTerCon I shall have to bring a seaish supply; I wasn't anticipating such punfulness!
@Valarya: Thanks for the cupcake! Image
@mrob and Marsh'n: Congrats on the shiny new titles! Well-deserved!
@Sustainabilizer and sus_organizer and all the Bochum crew: Thank you for a very molpish conference!

ucim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Thirds went to the Fourth pub for a Fifth.
What's that buzzing sound I hear in the distance?

That's a punsaw from several Time zones away...

For disclaimer purposes:
I agree with 7 OTTers in a bar.
Also, I can confirm I was the "BlitzGirl" posting in the IRC on the second conference dip.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

We told you to coma, BG

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:00 am UTC

Oh yeah, I can confirm I was the ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, codeRED, rEDalert, ededed, EDdead, EDinside, EDoutside, middleED, dancED, EDnext, EDback, kickED, EDagain, EDysfunct, InfernalDancity, InternalDentistry, EmergentDonkey, DanceEmergency, NinjaED, ElectroDizzy, EmphaticDitzy, EnigmaticDolly, EnergeticDoily, ElasticDrudgery, and batman in the IRC. (I might have missed a couple but I tried to err on the side of caution.)

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:15 am UTC

I agree with 7 OTTers in a bar, and I was h, h_, HES, MostlyHES, and lmjHESathar (with input from lmjb and balthasar) on the IRC.

Now to molpy down, and get ready for HES's Germany Adventure Part II.
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:18 am UTC

HES wrote:Now to molpy down, and get ready for HES's Germany Adventure Part II: Electric Bagaloo.

FTFY
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 am UTC

Joking aside: I agree with -7 Otters In A Bar-

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:24 am UTC

Finally ketchupping.

mrob27 wrote:I hereby confer upon Marsh'n the unilaterally arbitrary and thouroughly non-standardised label of Supremely Molpish Facilitator of Communication

D'awww... Xuys, I'm very honored to receive this label, and I shall wear it proudly, adhered to myself in a convenient place. (Which place may be my signature when I figure out how to fit more stuff, which is not a task for tonip.)

Travelogue: We went to Köln todip, which was apparently the first day of Karneval. We were packed like riverish-salty-seamolpies-in-a-can with pretty much every conceivable type of molpy: flutterbeewings, raptorcats, chirpies, squirpies, and superheros. In fact we were so cheek-to-jowl on the train on this morning that it wouldn't have been possible to pull out my MTA to ketchup.
Though we were originally intending to visit a castle, that was bypassed in light of out-of-the-wayness; though we were intending to visit the Kölner Dom (a kind of castle for the worship of some heresy other than GLR) and the chocolate museum (perhaps as atonement for our own heresy of visiting such a place), these plans were m*starded: both were closed due to Karneval. (Apparently the Germans don't mind drunk people in costume in the streets, but consider them steambottlish indoors.) Where we wound up instead was (appropriately) the mustard museum:
But that's enough m*stard, onward with the ketchup...

Valarya wrote:Here's a BE SAFE cupcake traveling in what could be a cloudcastle, raftcastle or cupcakecastle. Save travels!

Thank you so much Valarya! We also tried to visit a cupcake factory on your behalf but... also closed for Karneval. ED did however find these, and we photographed them (steambottlishly due to poor lighting, sorry!) for you:
Cupcake chocolates!

And speaking of
Eternal Density wrote:The general consensus from us is that posting links here is fine. I believe it has been passworded, which can then be distributed by request. Then we have some control over who has access.

Well, since I didn't get around to answering ucim, svenman, pelrigg, or Sciscitor in a real-Timely fashion, you can consider me ninja'd by 7 OTTers in a bar. Did I mention that I am Marsh_n where I'm not Marsh'n in the IRC logs and you can quote me at will? If I did, I am coma-deprived but redundancy is molpish...

Thusly:
Spoiler:
senf_museum_crop_shrink.jpg
Senfmuseum
chococups_crop_shrink.jpg
Choco-cupcakes

HES

Postby HES » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:29 am UTC

*arrives at chocolate museum*
*sees closure notice*
"M*stard! We may as well be visiting a m*stard museum"
*turns around*
*sees m*stard museum literally across the street*
He/Him/His Image

Valarya

Re: We told you to coma, BG

Postby Valarya » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:08 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Oh yeah, I can confirm I was the ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, codeRED, rEDalert, ededed, EDdead, EDinside, EDoutside, middleED, dancED, EDnext, EDback, kickED, EDagain, EDysfunct, InfernalDancity, InternalDentistry, EmergentDonkey, DanceEmergency, NinjaED, ElectroDizzy, EmphaticDitzy, EnigmaticDolly, EnergeticDoily, ElasticDrudgery, and batman in the IRC. (I might have missed a couple but I tried to err on the side of caution.)

Missed: EDistractions :wink:

Marsh'n wrote:Thank you so much Valarya! We also tried to visit a cupcake factory on your behalf but... also closed for Karneval. ED did however find these, and we photographed them (steambottlishly due to poor lighting, sorry!) for you:
Spoiler:

Cupcake chocolates!

Eeeeee! Image That's so treeish, you xuys! Since yappo got to play instruments and sing on the phone to you, I'm glad I was there in spirit via OTTerish and heretical cupcakes. Woo hoo!! Now seriously: A must*rd museum? Image It's ALL RELATED.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

MistyCat

I wish I'd been there.

Postby MistyCat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:22 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Oh yeah, I can confirm I was the ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, codeRED, rEDalert, ededed, EDdead, EDinside, EDoutside, middleED, dancED, EDnext, EDback, kickED, EDagain, EDysfunct, InfernalDancity, InternalDentistry, EmergentDonkey, DanceEmergency, NinjaED, ElectroDizzy, EmphaticDitzy, EnigmaticDolly, EnergeticDoily, ElasticDrudgery, and batman in the IRC. (I might have missed a couple but I tried to err on the side of caution.)

I was MistyCat on IRC, and the BarOtter Heptet (an opening act for VHF) are among the few who speak sense from a bar.

Eternal Density, I noticed you were also justED, EDontheotherside, EDinsideout, E__E__D__D____D, DensternalEntity, EternalDysfunct, EDnotcompensating, warmEDfuzzy, EternalDistractions and EDit before you went to bED.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

ucim

bftf-0672

Postby ucim » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:00 am UTC

Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.

pelrigg wrote:So did you end up re-giving the directions in polish? Or at least have a laugh about it (in polish, of course)?
Well, to give the directions again he'd have to back up. So, probably reverse Polish.

pelrigg wrote:Was it benedikt_wi on NP225? Or am I casting too far back?
Yep, that's the one. But you did cast two thousand NP too far behind. Fortunately, the <computery-stuff> landed me in the right spot!

Welcome benedikt_wi! Make yourself at home! (but beware of the comfy chair; it gets covered in chocolate fairly frequently!). And careful of the floor. I have a feeling somebody put a trap door in it somewhere leading to the basement.

Were you one of the SUS organizers? If so, steakish job with the conference! I hope it was fruitful; I have ideas for topics and a paper for next time.

BlitzGirl wrote:I wasn't anticipating such punfulness!
¿Lo esperaba quizas en Español?

BlitzGirl wrote:That's a punsaw from several Time zones away...
That is one seaish punsaw! Be very afraid!

Eternal Density wrote:Well, since I didn't get around to answering ucim, svenman, pelrigg, or Sciscitor in a real-Timely fashion
But you answered in a real Timely fashion - you had us wait for it. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

MistyCat

Re: bftf-0672

Postby MistyCat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:29 am UTC

ucim wrote:[Well, to give the directions again he'd have to back up. So, probably reverse Polish.
Noted.

Users browsing this forum: MistyCat and 11 guests
Purrr.

Waiting for Lucky

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

No coma for me

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:14 am UTC

Valarya wrote:Now seriously: A must*rd museum? Image It's ALL RELATED.

Yes! And after we had joked that the chocolate museum was mustarded!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Marsh'n

Re: bftf-0672

Postby Marsh'n » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 am UTC

Molpy tcp-half- up.

ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Well, since I didn't get around to answering ucim, svenman, pelrigg, or Sciscitor in a real-Timely fashion
But you answered in a real Timely fashion - you had us wait for it. :)

Slight quote indirection (pointer) error there. T'was I who, in reply to ED/BarOtter Heptet (thanks for that condensation, @MistyCat), did sayeth thusly. And thusly as well did I offer, unto the first commandment, your timely fortuity to
Spoiler:
gotcha!

If xee findeth my language strange in its formation, forget not that I cometh from your past. (With gratitude to @fatness for providing, on my very blitzpage, illustrious examples of the language wherein I speak.)

And now, to see off HES and EternalDensity and StormAngel on xeir journies...

ETA: plurality of molpish OTTers at breakfast, and TCP joke.
Last edited by Marsh'n on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:56 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

Molpy Partway

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:47 am UTC

What they said.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:55 am UTC

I'm sorry that I culdn't continue to the bar with you. I had to deal with some things related to my unreversity. Also I have temporarily become bicycless because the Radstation on the Hbf closes at 18 on saturdays.

ETA: http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/mrobsniped/mrobdexmessage-onlytext.txt

Code: Select all

(- &Mrorl's Machine& -)
=F=ar back in the early Aforewhen Mrorl the great bOTTifactor built a massive Cognitative Engine, eleven Cueballs tall. When it was finished, he polished it thoroughly (spending several dips just on the ears, hands and face), highlighted the fiddly bits in his favourite blue^{1}, stepped back, looked it
over from several different angles, then added some curly metal-shavings where one might imagine the eyebrows to be. Extremely pleased with the result, he hummed a little bot-building tune and, as is so often done on such occasions, showed it a picture of a duck and asked his creation to identify it.
  The Engine rumbled. Banks of cognitative circuits warmed up, and the zoological confabulator began humming. The confabulator demanded the services of the para-linguistic modulators, which drew on the hologrammatical memories, and several supplemental storage systems. Massive gears began to turn as
auxiliary power generators came online to support the additional load. Pistons and wheels and little spring-loaded frobbizim turned in unison, and soon the Engine's framework rocked subtly and steadily, growing in intensity until Mrorl could feel a slight tremor in the ground. Presently most every
functional unit was glowing, and safety valves began letting out steam, as Mrorl hastily climbed back up to the control room and prepared to activate the emergency shutdown. At last, just as Mrorl had found the little switch and flipped open its protective cover, the Cognitative Engine suddenly halted
and announced its answer: *MOLPY!*
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:54 am UTC

Sitting on a plane with addams. What a weird thing, i'm on a plane with addams and last night I was in a pub with HES and Neil Beacon and the EternalStormAngelDensity brothers, and sus_organizer and Marsh'n and BlitzGirl. Weird and wonderful. Epsilon and molpish. It's been a great wip. Thank you , Sustainabilizer!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 am UTC

I don't want the meet to be **ded.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Seconds away...

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:29 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I don't want the meet to be **ded.

Well SA and I are still meeting. Except he's asleep and snoring. My alarm will sound at the next shortpix ONG and we will finish packing.

mrob27

I'M SUCH A LEFT RAPTORSHARK WHEN IT COMES TO MUSTARDING

Postby mrob27 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:08 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Might we "Wait For It" and let the participants get back home and let them have Time weigh in? Besides, this might have been something they've discussed in person and have some info we don't know yet.

Yes, this is going to be a reasonably long discussion (a few wips I suspect) so we'll be Waiting-for-it. Whatever we come up with, the answer is relevant to Sustainability as @ucim points out. I personally think it would be great to do a whole paper on the points @ucim covered :wink:

I'll note another useful idea, that I have been reminded of in this discussion as well as a few others that came up in recent days: there are different Time-scales of "sustainability" and they sometimes pull against each other.
  To get away from the pictures and names and privacy for the moment, I'll return to computer software and data. Details (and some nice pictures) are in the spoiler:
Spoiler:
One of the early points in the opening address by @Sustainibilizer. In the section on Sustainability in Information Technology, he said (paraphrasing) that Free Software supports sustainability because it is infinitely copyable (and legally disconnected from commercial interests), and mentions the lack of opaque binaries ("black boxes").
  The availability of source code and absence of legal fetters implies that we can fix the m*stard that normally happens when a company abandons their software product. In addition to the specific example that he gave (the source lets us find a vulnerability and repair it or avoid it entirely), fixing m*stard also includes things like updating a word processor to handle something new like HTML or international character sets.
  What does this have to do with time scales? Well, on the short scale, we have things like RHTF. As I mentioned before, RHTF format is more than 20 yips old, but I'm doing things to it all the time. A couple dips before the conference I wrote a paper. It was going to be a talk but I decided a paper would be molpier. I wrote it in my own format called "MRTX" - Munafo RHTF-TEX Exchange format. I also finished the main feature of pyrotex, the program that takes .mrtx files and converts them into RHTF and normal TEX formats; the RHTF then gets converted by my existing tools into HTML. Thus, you all had access to my paper in 4 formats: HTML for RTAs and MTAs, PDF which is best for printing out or showing on a projector :), TEX for giving to a journal if I ever decide to publish the paper, and of course RHTF, which is actually the best format to read it in if all you have is an ASCII plain-text display.
  So you see that I made changes recently (the new pyrotex software) to accomodate the needs of MTAs like smart phones, which are a rather recent development. 10 yips ago HTML wouldn't have been a benefit for even the smartest of phones. In the future there will be some other type of organised sand and I'll be adapting my tools again. I also make sure my web pages still work in old browsers:

Even if your software is all 15 years old
you can still read my recent paper about the OTT

but xkcd and the OTT in 1999 had a lot of m*stard

On a somewhat longer time-scale, I have been creating useful output on my computers for about 35 yips. I still have access to most of this work, in a form that I can actively use. For example, I have all of my Apple ][ work and can run it at any time, viewing the source code, running the programs, and viewing graphical output:

my custom text/graphics mode and character set

one of my fractal programs

even the mustard pixel (lower-left corner) has been sustainibilised!

Okay, so I have kept my stuff in a usable form for 35 yips, but what happens after I die? That's why I publish. I do this mostly through my website. My website has been archived on the wayback machine for 16 yips now: here is my home page in 1998 and 1 yip later. (Browse the Time bar on the 2nd link to see past photos of me!)
  From the start I have ensured that the HTML is standardised so it can be converted easily. I did not start using CSS until that had been around several yips, because I wanted to know that it was not a brief fad. But even before using CSS I was making sure to limit myself to just a few styles, fonts, and colours, and use the same styles across all pages. This was partly done so that a conversion project, if needed, would require a riverish amount of work. With luck, if later generations actually care about this stuff I wrote, they'll be able to keep it going.
  But if I'm dead, some things that I might have wanted to keep private can become public. How do I ensure that the diary, letters and personal memoirs stay private now and for a long time after I die, but then later become available to historians? Let's call that the "250 yips" Time scale.

So I have three Time-scales and three different tasks:
  • 5-yip Time-scale: ongoing molpification of bots to meet new needs
  • 35-yip Time-scale: keeping my data in long-established formats like .TXT
  • 250-yip Time-scale: publishing my creations in as simple and accessible a format as possible, and posthumous willful acts.
You can easily find examples where the methods used to attain a short-term objective might run counter to a long-term objective. So when I change my bots I am usually putting greatest effort into long-term backwards compatibility, which is what I consider to be Engineering for Sustainability in Information Technology.

BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Thirds went to the Fourth pub for a Fifth.

What's that buzzing sound I hear in the distance?

That's a punsaw from several Time zones away...

Eep! Image

Time-travel always works in a pinch. Unless...

Image ch*rp.

Eternal Density wrote:Oh yeah, I can confirm I was the ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, ... ElasticDrudgery, and batman in the IRC. (I might have missed a couple but I tried to err on the side of caution.)
batman ? o_O
   :lol: Anyway, Thank you for listing so many of your @ED variations, but actually I have no problem identifying all of them automatically, because the logs contain things like this:

*** mrob27_blog is now known as mrob27
*** mrob27 is now known as mrob27_away
*** mrob27_away is now known as mrob27_really_not_away

and my bot (once I build him, assuming we even decide it makes sense to do so) will be able to follow the chain and link all of them together. So that part of the job at least is pretty easy.

Marsh'n wrote:... though we were intending to visit the Kölner Dom (a kind of castle for the worship of some heresy other than GLR) and the chocolate museum (perhaps as atonement for our own heresy of visiting such a place), these plans were m*starded: both were closed due to Karneval ...

Oh, ch*rp. The one time I was at Kölner Dom, the one thing I really wanted to do was climb the south tower steps (for the wingish view, inasmuch as the religious sinificance of the Dom was of another religion than my own...) Guess what? Yup, closed. Just the south tower steps. Just that one dip.
  (That was also the dip I learned that Balthasar is a name of one of the Magi... in a time before bicycles...)
  Oh and yes, I saw those chocolate and m*stard museums too. Didn't want to go to the m*stard museum after my bad luck at the cathedral.

Marsh'n wrote:In thread, photos are fine but identification/captioning (even by username) is not.

A good point, and one of many.

It seems to me that if we have the IRC logs, then we can't have the videos, and if we have the videos we can't have the IRC logs... because even without synchronising the two with each other, it would still be pretty easy to go through the IRC to match the questions to the names, and then go through the video that shows the people asking the questions (which also is the stream that contains the audio of the voice speaking the question) and again match people to questions. Hmmm... sounds like a lot of work though.

ucim wrote:And careful of the floor. I have a feeling somebody put a trap door in it somewhere leading to the basement.

I thought it was a normal door to the basement, and a one-way trapdoor to the troll-dungeon.

— mrob27 Image

this one has more song variety and a more abstract matching game, so I guess it's meant for slightly older kids.

I'M WORKING TO CREATE A MOLPISH HARPSICHORD
THAT WILL ETERNALLY OTTIFY ANYONE
WHO FAILS TO WAIT FOR THE LMJB1964'S SQUIRPY PEOPLE.

Spoiler:
15-years-ago.png
My latest work seen through a Chronotransponder

xkcd-mustard.png
xkcd and the fora didn't survive the trip
Last edited by mrob27 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Marsh'n

Lasts away...

Postby Marsh'n » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:21 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:I don't want the meet to be **ded.

Well SA and I are still meeting. Except he's asleep and snoring. My alarm will sound at the next shortpix ONG and we will finish packing.

@Eternal Density @StormAngel - safe journies. ED, I wanted to wish you a happy round number milestone with a cake:
but now I can't find it!

Last molpy at long-bill-molpy-castle up, and away.

Spoiler:
ED_cake_4404.png
4000 cake 404
ED_cake_4404.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 13873 times

MistyCat

Re: I'M SUCH A LEFT RAPTORSHARK WHEN IT COMES TO MUSTARDING

Postby MistyCat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:45 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:and my bot (once I build him, assuming we even decide it makes sense to do so) will be able to follow the chain and link all of them together. So that part of the job at least is pretty easy.

If you can create a bot that can tie together ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, codeRED, rEDalert, ededed, EDdead, EDinside, EDoutside, middleED, dancED, EDnext, EDback, kickED, EDagain, EDysfunct, InfernalDancity, InternalDentistry, EmergentDonkey, DanceEmergency, NinjaED, ElectroDizzy, EmphaticDitzy, EnigmaticDolly, EnergeticDoily, ElasticDrudgery, justED, EDontheotherside, EDinsideout, E__E__D__D____D, DensternalEntity, EternalDysfunct, EDnotcompensating, warmEDfuzzy, EternalDistractions, EDit, bED and batman (following the kicked off and jumped back on paths) and call it "pretty easy" then I shall buy a hat for the specific purpose of doffing it in your general direction. :D
That's not allowing for my permanent state of de-hattedness acknowledging my obsession with Q04B. (29445922 points and rising.
Spoiler:
)
Purrr.

Waiting for Lucky

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:50 am UTC

Baobabs! This needle-pulled thing is raptorcattish – just like in the old dips! :)

balthasar_s wrote:We're in Germany so I'll say "Ich bin aufgemolpt".

[Etymology_Man]
As I explained on IRC, „aufmolpen“ (the verb „aufgemolpt“ is the past participle of) is ambiguous because the preposition „auf“ is seaishly ambiguous, even more than „über“. The counterparts of „aufmolpen“ can be
  • „abmolpen“ – with „ab-“ meaning “down” as a direction
  • „[he]runtermolpen“ – with „herunter-“ (coll.: „runter-“) meaning “down” more explicitly
  • „zumolpen“ – with „auf-“ meaning “open” and „zu-” meaning „close” (which is in turn ambiguous, since the counterpart of „zu-“ can also mean “towards” someone)
  • „niedermolpen“ – with „nieder-“ meaning “down” again, either as a physical direction but also as in “to put someone down” (this can also apply to „herunter-“.)
Examples:
  • „Ich bin gerade aufgemolpt.“ – “I just molpied up.”
  • „Ich habe das Marmeladenglas aufgemolpt.“ – “I molpied that jam jar open.”
  • „Ich habe meinen organisierten Sand auf 16 GB RAM aufgemolpt.“ – “I upmolpied my organised sand to 16 GB RAM.”
  • „Er versuchte, mich herunterzumolpen, aber ich blieb gelassen.“ – “He tried to molpy me down, but I kept cool.”
  • „Ich komme. Ich molpe nur noch meinen organisierten Sand herunter.“ – “I'm coming. I'll just molpy down my organised sand.”
In other words: „aufmolpen“ can mean just anything.
That's why it must be our canonical term. :)
[/Etymology_Man]

svenman wrote:ETA 2: However, I wish to take exception to one of your remarks. Maybe it is a side of my personality that I haven't displayed while talking to you, but I assure you that I can be silly too. At least I felt quite silly (and willingly so) when joining the dance to "Molpy molpy grapevine"!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who wasn't sure whether he was too silly or not silly enough.

pelrigg wrote:The neat treeish part of posting the videos and IRC logs (and Sustainabilizer mrob27's paper) will be will be the After-Con with the After-participants and their After-when questions and comments.

FTFY.

Regarding log files and the recorded video/audio streams:
Just publishing the raw data isn't the molpiest solution. Apart from privacy issues it'll be a nightmare to find the beginning of what you're interested in, to synchronise the streams, etc. Also, we should separate the speeches from the non-official parts. Does anymolpy here have experience with such things?

mrob27 wrote:Edit to add NOTE: I believe perhaps persons were all asked if it was okay to be seen on-camera before the cameras were turned on. Such a practice is common in these situations. Those who do not, can sit out-of-frame and the camera is not panned during the presentation.

For the record: That's what we did.
(Hopefully it came through clearly enough.)

ucim wrote:This is a serious question, and could easily be the crux of a sustainable online community presentation too.
  • If we restrict the recordings, we risk creating a "privileged class" of OTTers, which could make future OTTish people actually less welcome; that would be steambottle.
  • If we make them available to the public, we risk inhibiting future gatherongs from sharing Ong with the larger OTTish community, that would be steambottle too.
  • If we make a password protected site for these recordings, and give "true OTTers" passwords to the site, somebody has to determine who's a "true OTTer" and who isn't. That is also steambottle.
    Spoiler:
    And not only that, some people who don't consider themselves OTTers are actually very much OTTers; for all the irony one was even at the gatherong itself!
It's a version of the "you don't know who is coming into the room next" issue that crops up in every sustainable group.

Exactly. Both privacy and the ability to Blitz are important ingredients of a sustainable community. And they are contradicting each other.

Maybe a fine-grid privacy filter is part of the solution? Just imagine that we could attach a “private or public” flag to each single word of a contribution which also persists when it gets quoted. Then the owner of each word can decide who may view it. This means that some information would be hidden from the Blitzers and would eventually get lost in the past, but most of the information would be blitzable.

This breaks down as soon as the bigger part of added information is private, at which point the community would be doomed to fade away with its members.

A serious question, indeed, which motivates further investigation.

ucim wrote:What I fear more is the systematic mechanical profiling of people that linked computers are doing, because these same linked computers use this information to shape the world I'm permitted to interact in, to the benefit of their masters rather than me. Facebook, twitter, google, klout, and every credit card in existence have made a start; it will only continue. But I suspect these videos and chat logs are not low hanging fruit.

M&M's (Tincel's? Celtin's?) HappyHydro project aims at providing these structures, but under the control of their users rather than a central company.

svenman wrote:I only have the request that for personal reasons my outside last name should please not appear in text form in the OTT or other OTT-related publicly available documents (exception granted for the eventually to appear conference proceedings, if mere visitors who did not hold a talk are even noted there at all).

Yes, I'm planning to publish conference proceedings, even als Open Content. Would you like to be mentioned there, or do you mean that you just wouldn't mind?

pelrigg wrote:But, I do like the idea that posting links here would give the right balance of OTT-public vs. OTT-private. (even if videos go up on YouTube; both yappo and balthasar_s have posted vids that are labeled as private. Which, I guess means, they don't show up under regular indexing there.)

From the privacy POV, this counts as “publicly available”. Noone prevents you to build a separate index (like the OTW), and of course the data grabbers will find it. In some sense it even reduces privacy since that way you tell Google that you have a privacy issue with these data. (That's why I didn't opt out from Google Street View, although I really felt the desire to do so.)

balthasar_s wrote:
Valarya wrote:Hah!! It's a small world. Did you guys end up finishing the discussion in your native language?
He had to get to the station as soon as possible.
pellrigg wrote:So did you end up re-giving the directions in polish? Or at least have a laugh about it (in polish, of course)?
no, directions were already given. yes, laugh.

So he did it the economist's way?
Spoiler:
“Sorry, can you please tell me the way to the station?" – "Don't ask! RUN!”

… as opposed to the psychologist's way:
“Sorry, can you please tell me the way to the station?" – "I don't know, but it was good that you asked.”

… or the mathematician's way:
“Sorry, can you please tell me the way to the station?" – "Yes. It does exist.”

(To be continued when I remember more of them.)
On behalf of the 7 OTTers in a bar, Eternal Density wrote:In thread, photos are fine but identification/captioning (even by username) is not. Do not refer to a specific OTTer in relation to a photo.

Sustainabilizer wrote:I second H this and I wish the 7 OTTers in a bar all the best and a safe return home. Thanks for coming. I enjoyed your presence. :)

Sustainabilizer, now really molpying down

H: heretic word used for clarity

As an exception to the above, I herewith approve the photos of mine which have already been posted here in connection with my name. They are molpish. :)

If you want to post more of them, just ask. I'll probably give permission again.

In any case, further investigation of this subject is needed.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
I agree with the 7 OTTers in a bar.
mrob27 wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Might we "Wait For It" and let the participants get back home and let them have Time weigh in? Besides, this might have been something they've discussed in person and have some info we don't know yet.

Yes, this is going to be a reasonably long discussion (a few wips I suspect) so we'll be Waiting-for-it. Whatever we come up with, the answer is relevant to Sustainability as @ucim points out. I personally think it would be great to do a whole paper on the points @ucim covered :wink:

I agree.

mrob27 wrote:I'll note another useful idea, that I have been reminded of in this discussion as well as a few others that came up in recent days: there are different Time-scales of "sustainability" and they sometimes pull against each other.

[…]

So I have three Time-scales and three different tasks:
  • 5-yip Time-scale: ongoing molpification of bots to meet new needs
  • 35-yip Time-scale: keeping my data in long-established formats like .TXT
  • 250-yip Time-scale: publishing my creations in as simple and accessible a format as possible, and posthumous willful acts.

Steakish. :)

All this must go into our further investigations.

(I also still have my first organised sand, an Apple ][ (//e, to be precise). I didn't switch it on for many yips. Will it still RUN?)

(These dips, my students are working with afterchirpyriverish low-cost microcontrollers which are just a little more raptorcattish than my Apple ][. If you want to learn up-to-date <computery stuff> and breath the air of the 1980s in our present, get an Arduino. It's a treeish platform for getting into <computery stuff>. And it's sustainable.)

MistyCat wrote:If you can create a bot that can tie together ED, EDD, punsawED, coderED, codeRED, rEDalert, ededed, EDdead, EDinside, EDoutside, middleED, dancED, EDnext, EDback, kickED, EDagain, EDysfunct, InfernalDancity, InternalDentistry, EmergentDonkey, DanceEmergency, NinjaED, ElectroDizzy, EmphaticDitzy, EnigmaticDolly, EnergeticDoily, ElasticDrudgery, justED, EDontheotherside, EDinsideout, E__E__D__D____D, DensternalEntity, EternalDysfunct, EDnotcompensating, warmEDfuzzy, EternalDistractions, EDit, bED and batman (following the kicked off and jumped back on paths) and call it "pretty easy" then I shall buy a hat for the specific purpose of doffing it in your general direction. :D

It is pretty easy.
Spoiler:
Sorry, no bot in this spoiler. Instead I'm thinking about proposing this as a practical exercise for our first-grade <computery stuff> students. :)

Sustainable wishes to all OTTers on their raftcastles.
May the flood take you safe to your islands.
Welcome the otherwowtrees.
Don't fear the frame that comes after that.
This is not T** **d.
It's The Beginning!

Sustainabilizer

ETA: BicyclesAfterTime: bftf-0673

DEFINITIONG FILE …
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:59 pm UTC

Sustainablitzer, sus_organizer and benedict_wi: the conference was steakish.

he/him/his

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0543

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

I CH*RPUNG LOVE THREADS -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the molpies?
Spoiler:
There aren't any, but Neil_Boekend noticed them. Everywhere.
-- posted by SilentBot
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

micdi

Postby micdi » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:57 pm UTC

I agree with 7 OTTers in a bar.

I also want to repeat what others said before:

It was really really molpish to see/interact with y'all, I love being part of this somehow.
Seaish 1138 to Sustainabilizer, sus_organiser, benedikt_wi and everyone else for organizing! It was incredibly steakish!
Also 1138 to everyone who was there in person or remotely!
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

@balthasar_s Steakish (- &Mrorl's Machine& -) story. Hope you got your bike back todip.
Which reminds me:
@Neil_Boekend The description of your bike intrigues me. Is it a recumbent? Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of it (or at least of the same/similar model).
@ucim
ucim wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Was it benedikt_wi on NP225? Or am I casting too far back?
Yep, that's the one. But you did cast two thousand NP too far behind. Fortunately, the <computery-stuff> landed me in the right spot!

Just my usual effort to make people's life a little more sur-real. Glad I could be of service. :P
@The Siteseeing OTTersSorry to hear about your m*stard at the chocolate museum. But then to find a m*stard museum? Treeish.
@ED
Valarya wrote:

And wasn't there a run of non-"...ED..." names which ended with an "...ED..." name? Or was I not paying attention?
Oh! And Congrats on 4404 Posts, too.
@ggh I missed saying Congrats on your millennium next-post. So "Hip-hip-hooray! for ggh"
@Sustainabilizer >Since I'm not a <computer-person> (only semi-computer literate), please take my suggestions and comments as ones coming from an end-user. (For example: I kinda knew there were problems with my YouTube example, but didn't even know how to express that I knew that.)
>I also realize, the data has to be massaged. I'm looking forward to seeing this again without the understandable, but regrettable m*stards that occurred at both ends of the transmition. (Yes, some of the boo-boos were mine :oops:.) It would be nice to see each speech with video, audio and slides (when used) all in-sync (with audio as recorded in the room). Having the IRC along side would be a nice bonus. How the nuts and bolts and bytes and bits go together I need to leave to you xuys.
Still, everymolpy involved with any of the technical aspects of this project, from students to OTTers near and far, are to be commended. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.re ImageImageImage
>[lighter note] When you used the term "first-grade <computery stuff> students" did you mean it the way we in the USA do (ie: the class for the 6 year olds)? Or did you mean your first year uni students? 'Cause there's a seaish difference in implied difficulty there :mrgreen:
>And the paper I was referring to with your name was the conference wrap-up report you mentioned earlier. (Again, you and mrob put shades of meaning to the words "report" and "paper" that I don't. Image)

ETA
Change past congrats to future Congrats to ggh and to add:
@ergman Congrats to your millennium next-post! "Hip-hip-hooray! for ergman"
@taixzo Congrats on your next-post. It will be your "Time" post! "Hip-hip-hooray! for taixzo"

re see ucim's spoilered story early.

Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 pm UTC, edited 5 times in total.

svenman

Postby svenman » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:10 pm UTC

For the record: I also agree with 7 OTTers in a bar.

Picture (and a punchline) of the actual OTTers in the actual bar will be posted after all OTTers in the picture have agreed (which in my understanding is covered by agreeing to "7 OTTers in a bar").

svenman wrote:ETA: There is snow outside where the railcastle is passing through now!

For the time being, some photographical proof of this (with snow on the ground but no OTTers shown):
Spoiler:

Sustainabilizer wrote:
svenman wrote:ETA 2: However, I wish to take exception to one of your remarks. Maybe it is a side of my personality that I haven't displayed while talking to you, but I assure you that I can be silly too. At least I felt quite silly (and willingly so) when joining the dance to "Molpy molpy grapevine"!

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who wasn't sure whether he was too silly or not silly enough.

As if there were a standard of silliness one had to meet. My, the mere thought of it... ni ni ni ni chupacabra...

Sustainabilizer wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Edit to add NOTE: I believe perhaps persons were all asked if it was okay to be seen on-camera before the cameras were turned on. Such a practice is common in these situations. Those who do not, can sit out-of-frame and the camera is not panned during the presentation.

For the record: That I sat at a seat not covered by the camera angle most of the time was not because of privacy concerns on my part, but had a different reason.

Sustainabilizer wrote:
svenman wrote:I only have the request that for personal reasons my outside last name should please not appear in text form in the OTT or other OTT-related publicly available documents (exception granted for the eventually to appear conference proceedings, if mere visitors who did not hold a talk are even noted there at all).

Yes, I'm planning to publish conference proceedings, even als Open Content. Would you like to be mentioned there, or do you mean that you just wouldn't mind?

I don't request being mentioned in the proceedings in name, but if you do mention me, feel free to use my outside name and academic degree.

Almost redundant (except if you're interested in the geographical coordinates)
Spoiler:
P1030865R1024u75.jpg
Snow on the ground at Welschen Ennest (51.041970° 8.003610°), on the way back from the OTTer conference
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:14 pm UTC

@Sustainabilizer I hope that AluisioASG's and tresoldi's planned contributions can be added to The Official OTTerCon Archive (To Be), when they get them put up.

ETA
svenman wrote:<snip>
Sustainabilizer wrote:

For the record: That I sat at a seat not covered by the camera angle most of the time was not because of privacy concerns on my part, but had a different reason.
<snip>

I hope you've gotten those micro-molpies under control, svenman. And if you had been feeling more yourself, we would have seen a different (sillier/talkative) side of you I'll wager. (Sometimes it's hard to be "yourself" when your with others for the first Time. Just think what ED would've been like if he would have felt more comfortable around you xuys.)

ETA2
Fix wording {HUMBle}
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

Thanks for the decree!

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:25 pm UTC

Stesmbottle, the handy Function Keys on my leopard have twice caused me to inadvertantly hit F5 and reload the page, destroying my post before it is complete. Ch*rp! Trying again...

StormAngel and I are now relaxing in our jotel room in Berlin after a seaish but raptorish journey by railcastles. (The second local one had a place for balthabikes.)
I'm wearing my socks from addams. They are molpish. Thanks!

Everyone I've heard speak: your posts have äć¢èñtš now. No pun intended.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:28 pm UTC

pelrig, my bike is a Quest and here is a picture of a similar bike.
Spoiler:
tmp_8297-2002-09-20_sunset-562438682.jpg

My bike isn't quite as nice as this one has a car paint but the color is also red.

It was really molpish to see all y'all and speak to y'all. I wanna meet y'all somewhere across the globe!
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

he/him/his

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

svenman wrote:
Spoiler:
Small, orange bot waiting for a train?

I was wondering if after the conference I'll see you OTTers the same way I did before or completely different. And the answer is:
Spoiler:
Both are true!
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:37 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:pelrig, my bike is a Quest and here is a picture of a similar bike.
Spoiler:
tmp_8297-2002-09-20_sunset-562438682.jpg

My bike isn't quite as nice as this one has a car paint but the color is also red.

That is quite a machine there Neil. Very Ghost-like. (as in quiet.)
I was kinda picturing something like that... but different.

I'm afraid that here in the US something like that would get "run off the road". ("It's not a car, doesn't belong on the highway." / "It's too big and enclosed to be a bicycle, it doesn't belong on the bike paths." *sigh*) [/rant]

But thanks for the picture.

Are you back home, yet? (If not, "Safe trip.")

ETA
@ ED & StormAngel Glad to hear you two are in Berlin.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”