1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

Re: THERE IS NO OTTSCAR, SAID THE GLR, FOR THE DUNEJUMPISH

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:07 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:@Eternal Density, in your latest sample there is a Myanmar character ("ဘ") that does not appear elsewhere in the OTT (unless maybe a post got retro-edited to add one in later). Now I'm thinking you have UTF-8 sequences in the input, and the neural network is handling those one byte at a time. That could lead to new, valid UTF-8 sequences and thus, new Unicode characters that did not appear in the original text… but when it makes an illegal "UTF-8" sequence, that's probably what causes those U+FFFD characters that I saw (perhaps the non-UTF-8 sequences get noticed by the server and changed before they get served back to us in the form of HTML).

I'll consider that... once I fix my video drivers without the use of a gui.

Wow. Haven't been pope in wips.
Um.

Discuss disorganised sand.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

balthasar_s

Attachment.

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:29 pm UTC

I made an userscript.

http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/script/insatt.user.js

It adds a button:
clicking it will insert the attachment's URL inside [img] tags.

Spoiler:
insatt.PNG
insatt.PNG (5.96 KiB) Viewed 109505 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time Revisited - np2059

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

SYNDUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:LMJBOT IS A TIME LORD AND THE C**KIE IS XIS TARDIS

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time in a folder

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

Time in a folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kjzbr61bfhal ... sZDMa?dl=0
Time after Time in a folder after folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/36fivi0pltrk ... d3rQa?dl=0

I did ask the bots to stop posting when seemingly everybody complained about the bot posts. Nobody noticed for a long time...
But now that otters are asking for them again, I've asked the bots nicely if they're willing to resume posting.

As a reminder, Oldpixbot only posts if there was no timeframe posted (by bot or by otter) in 9 posts. (It makes an exception for otcolors, it posts them unless the previous post was a timeframe.)
Randompixbot has a similar logic, but only posts once per NP at most. (So, it doesn't get a chance to post while oldpixbot is around.)
Last edited by mscha on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

the ship's builders seemed to have more money than they knew what to do with). A troop of titanium-clad worker bots flew out, and smoothed the ground beneath and around the ship, taking care not to get dust on Mrorl and Balthacarius or anything important; then vanished back into the launch bay from which they had emerged. Then two ramps extended simultaneously, which retinues of decorator-bots came down, carrying carpets, fountains, and potted plants; after placing these artfully they retreated, and their ramps raised, then a third, central ramp tilted down, bearing a magnificent ornate staircase. Down this came the Royal Emissary upon a litter carried by seven rows of gold-and-silver robots, each row out-glittering the last. The Emissary was brought to a central spot amidst the fountains, and two diplomatic staffbots gestured to Mrorl and Balthacarius, making it clear they should approach. The Emissary announced that she had been sent from the Great Gaming Dominion of King Idle, who would be honoured to engage them.
  "What sort of work is it?" asked Mrorl, intrigued.
  "The details, great bOTTifactors, shall be disclosed at the proper Time," was the reply. She wore a several-layered robe, of white and yellow gold interwoven with silk, velvet-and-silk blouse and galligaskins, molpifur-tufted buskins, and numerous pouches and pockets, which seemed at first to be infested with flies, until the bOTTifactors looked closer and saw that these were servant-robots, whose job was apparently to fend off the real flies, should any be so bold and foolish to approach.
  "For now," she went on, "I will only say that His Molpishness King Idle is the greatest Hunter of Game, and not game of the molpy or raptorlike kind, for they do not Wait; no, he is a connoisseur of the artfully constructed challenges that at once make one Wait whilst also keeping one excessively Busy, the likes of which only worthy bOTTifactors such as yourselves could construct --"
  "Of course!" said Mrorl. "He wants us to construct a new model of Game, something worth Waiting for, yet complex and engaging enough to present a challenge."

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1255

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:00 am UTC

I'M A LUNGPIX. I... I DIDN'T KNOW. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the rowing?
Spoiler:
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

ggh

Re: Time in a folder

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:53 am UTC

mscha wrote:Time in a folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kjzbr61bfhal ... sZDMa?dl=0
Time after Time in a folder after folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/36fivi0pltrk ... d3rQa?dl=0

I did ask the bots to stop posting when seemingly everybody complained about the bot posts. Nobody noticed for a long time...
But now that otters are asking for them again, I've asked the bots nicely if they're willing to resume posting.

As a reminder, Oldpixbot only posts if there was no timeframe posted (by bot or by otter) in 9 posts. (It makes an exception for otcolors, it posts them unless the previous post was a timeframe.)
Randompixbot has a similar login, but only posts once per NP at most. (So, it doesn't get a chance to post while oldpixbot is around.)

All of this makes me happy. :) I love oldpixbot. I was especially happy when he started posting OTColoureds - that seemed like a really treeish enhancement to me.

I'm sorry I didn't speak up about this at the time. It seemed complicated. Sometimes, when a post, or a PM seems complicated to me, I put off saying anything for a long time. Sometimes forever. You should see my saved drafts folder....

The short version of what I wanted to say, is that I think folks feel blue when there's not enough OTTers around listening, and the only way you know that listening is happening is when someone posts and shows that they're listening. If you check in in the morning, and there's 7 bot posts and nothing else, it's a little sad because then you feel like you're talking to an empty room if you post. But, if you blame the bots and kill them off, then there's nothing when you check in, and that's far worse every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I want ONGs. I want makings-of. I want ONGoing stories in cute, easily digestible chunks. I want the celebration of the OTC that brought us together in the first place. More than any of that, I love being here with y'all, but I don't think it's a choice of one or the other.

Speaking of procrastination though, man, I've got some ketchup to do. If it goes much longer, I'll have to abandon the near past again and relegate it to the realm of veteran picnic sauce. And then, I'd have to choose whether to put the more recent stuff at the head or the tail of the current veteran picnic sauce queue.

For decree... right now my leopard and leopad are both fine *knocks on wood*, but I need a plan for organizing my little bits: SD cards and USB sticks and stuff. Right now they're all independently floating around the (extremely untidy) house, unlabelled and scared. I'm thinking that I should get a big ol' three ring binder and some cardstock or something that I can glue pockets onto so that I can label to my heart's content next to the pockets stuffed with media.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:39 am UTC

Yay, the bots are back! Image

ggh wrote:All of this makes me happy. :) I love oldpixbot. I was especially happy when he started posting OTColoureds - that seemed like a really treeish enhancement to me.

I'm sorry I didn't speak up about this at the time. It seemed complicated. Sometimes, when a post, or a PM seems complicated to me, I put off saying anything for a long time. Sometimes forever. You should see my saved drafts folder....

The short version of what I wanted to say, is that I think folks feel blue when there's not enough OTTers around listening, and the only way you know that listening is happening is when someone posts and shows that they're listening. If you check in in the morning, and there's 7 bot posts and nothing else, it's a little sad because then you feel like you're talking to an empty room if you post. But, if you blame the bots and kill them off, then there's nothing when you check in, and that's far worse every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I want ONGs. I want makings-of. I want ONGoing stories in cute, easily digestible chunks. I want the celebration of the OTC that brought us together in the first place. More than any of that, I love being here with y'all, but I don't think it's a choice of one or the other.

Wingghishly ninja'd (again). Image
In almost² every detail.

²: I don't use the “saved drafts” folder. Instead I save the BBCode in text files on my well-organised sand.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
The short version of what I wanted to say, is that I think folks feel blue when there's not enough OTTers around listening, and the only way you know that listening is happening is when someone posts and shows that they're listening.

I am here listening and appreciating. Just haven't had a lot to say lately.

Would these work?

And just slip the label into the pocket with the card?
But maybe the cards would slip out.

Philae woke up!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1257

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

IF ENHANCUNG YOUR TRILOMEGGS IS RECENT, CONSIDER ME GLR. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the rowing?

mscha

Time Revisited - np2074

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 pm UTC

LICKUNGVILLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by AnotherKevin.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WE'VE SECRETLY REPLACED SPIKE'S LOOPIST WITH A CROISSANT. LET'S SEE IF XE NOTICES...

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

919 - 929

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:13 pm UTC

How about more detail?
Frames 919 - 929:

Spoiler:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
919.JPG
920.JPG
921.JPG
922.JPG
923.JPG
924.JPG
925.JPG
926.JPG
927.JPG
928.JPG
929.JPG
enhfndrn.JPG
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: Attachment.

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:38 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I made an userscript.
Spoiler:

It adds a button:

Treeish! Thanks!
(Nice enhancements too.)

ETA: Let me test it.
Spoiler:
redundant:
treeish.png
treeish.png (9.19 KiB) Viewed 109129 times

(Has someone made this manip before?)
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:38 pm UTC

Ooh - you can't get any more enhanced than that! 919 and 920 are a bit of a fib though, no? Edit: no, I'm a numbskull. Not a fib at all - brilliantly enhanced.
These totally disprove my theory though that kxa lives in the midwestern US.

SBN wrote:Would these work?

And just slip the label into the pocket with the card?
But maybe the cards would slip out.

Yes!! That would be perfect! I forgot those things existed - I would have seen them before being used for baseball cards. I had a dull sense that there was already something out there that would help me, but I couldn't put a finger on it at all - thanks! Edit: hmm... now, where to find them in NZ....

SBN wrote:Philae woke up!

Woohoo - awesomeful news! I must raise a glass to that!
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm UTC

ggh wrote:These totally disprove my theory though that kxa lives in the midwestern US.

Where does the theory come from?
And how to explain frames 738 - 744 and 754 - 757 then?
BSTA

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:09 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:These totally disprove my theory though that kxa lives in the midwestern US.

Where does the theory come from?
And how to explain frames 738 - 744 and 754 - 757 then?

Hmm. Good point, I totally forgot about that. I really thought NP2296 was significant. On that page, two friends in BFTF decide to do almost the same thing that your character did, and two Revealers the Recent appear out of nowhere in the OTT, one bearing treeish gifts and referring to an unexplained acronym that begins with an F. The Polish word included in a related youtube video seemed to support that idea, but the declared midwestern heritage in an otherthread suggested otherwise. I was waiting for more evidence. I wanted to believe.
Agatha the Awesomeful

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 pm UTC

"Lander" has been updated, too. But we should go over to the thread for that comic if we want to discuss that stuff, because there are plenty of non-otters who're interested in little Philae :D
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

SBN arguably ninja'd first.

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 pm UTC

Agh I was ninja'd on the Othercomic mention.
For OTT archival purposes:
Spoiler:
I wish the OTC would update like that to let us know how the Cueganites are doing. :(
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:38 pm UTC

EEEEEE:EEEEEE:EEEEEE
All three chronotransponders are mustarded. I dno't know what happened.
(The files for all posts are still there.)
ETA: this too.
ETA: It works again. Botcastle couldn't access some files. A reset helped.
BSTA

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1259

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:00 pm UTC

ONLY TWO THUNGS COME FROM THE AFTERWHEN: HODOR AND TWO-TONE -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the tree?
Spoiler:
Megball ImageImage and Earthling on Mars did.
(Some days ago, there was a seaish flood.)

mscha

Time Revisited - np2083

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

UNKUNGLIKE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BICYCLE. *NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH LEML*

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:14 pm UTC

I'm not sure how one would confuse a bicycle with a LEML in the first place, AUTOMOME.

Molpish to see that the botcastle is botcastling properly again. The ENHANCEments of 919 - 929 were particularly steakish. :)

Earthling on Mars wrote:
Spoiler:

It adds a button:
Treeish! Thanks!
(Nice enhancements too.)

ETA: Let me test it.
Spoiler:
redundant:
treeish.png

(Has someone made this manip before?)

Yay that userscript is such a simple add but so useful! Thanks for that, balthascripter!
(Also I don't know about the treeish manip being redundant, but it is certainly a necessary manip to have so thanks for making it. Image )
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:01 am UTC

Hehheh - I didn't even notice that was a manip.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Eternal Density

ENHANCE LIKE A FLUTTERBEE, POST LIKE A BEESNAKE

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 am UTC

Well, I spend the last few nopix (most of todip) reorganising my sand.
First I had to get the network connection working in ubuntu's recovery mode, which wasn't happening for a variety of reasons. I'm not entirely certain what those reasons were, but they ch*rped off eventually.
Then I figured out that my graphics driver problem seemed to be caused by some sort of conflict between different nvidia things trying to write to the same place. I think. Also it was difficult to remove the busted nvidia-opencl package because it was required by another package required by another package etc for about 6 layers. But doing apt-get purge on multiple items simultaneously eventually got rid of it all. Then for good measure I installed the latest nvidia drivers the nvidia site said should be good for my graphics card.

Anyhow, timeaccess is working now. And maybe I can install cuda 6.5 and do OTTish-training that way. Perhaps.
*posts like a bees*
balthasar_s wrote:How about more detail?
Frames 919 - 929:
BAOBABS!!!!!!!

Oh and here's a sample of what it managed to learn before the system fell over:

eha creative etc 11100490 bpy from Time for a hint: "Molpy Pope - no, btw" do whether that the mouse house in money y'all make it clear to eat or to... " About Creativityare doish, and more later Dramas at the sea went.
So, not everyone me to me what those or ipposed from the inevertage awards up to real celebrated Edits/for/ Glavic.
Chirp, series looking...!!.
Yeah, np 1311 years doon! I will check that, 'ucim.
 Mava that m trolli ! Tomic phrases it should only discovered!  (Steakish explanation of colorization of a day) never attempting for mustard with limited, of course not in Time, when you wake up life has, or both at it! Anyway, toothers had a done pack and know what 2 times in xays for tee *o Time" for the caption anym ... of the Wellinghon, 1rd:
Da number is not an OTTherKiking, so frustrating.  So now you're performed wottpessed as "pSP H : Arguations are blitzing adventures any steeping.
 Ahww that's wrenter of any of the books. Furnace over a better talent thing. we'll stop checking told on toping out a  Sustainable  story  coast rule. Part of  And total non-new views-100000008100 pixels. Why really etc stakes. The How much more I just dumbed a week-yet to access...basic, what not-end-number theored? Well further!  We won't change on. It will returns.  Work, or due riverish information developing a very tiny trebuchet (or really). That is now embarrassed you will) (city)) instead of the Castle secure. GreenWVG initiates, what images the eclimant is rather a first.
There's a period of the darkciston combinates, but just the missed every 2-a difference in the arrytuina and are doing

And the developer of the code has added a feature to pick up from a checkpoint, the the last dip, so I haven't lost my progress :D Just a couple of dips where it wasn't running because of m*stard disorganising the sand.

ETA
Here's a longer sample, which was sampled at a 'higher temperature'. Which is neural network speak for being more cautious and a little less inventive, I think.

and Montoo... just install the past one of the frames ago? I think it is still looking for a much more than a decree.  I'll make a first post where, for someone else have posted downs from NP1000.  But real with the specific preferably  two  comments/markers of being won't be that it's a bit made that thinking the shill relationships should have to be able to come back (or what about the mass of us a plus of a reloading of the same time) when the planting game area and will name what everyone who is fluffy some that art. (I do not have loaded some last times like this. Four questions. Of course, I made the present shortly wheels clickers and more ways to me. I have to get it down on the top of the replica of pa This may have been playable, that's a **d to be away, but was 11 distances to t serious special-corresponds on the weight of pival nonsense everything would re Another thing that's something creative they have stayed something that would r I don't even put your self. Spoiler:   Oh hey, so on topic each thing I was mis [heresy]. (But I'll have to think of it, I have walked out to 2045 to what it seems to be presented that even words less than the comic, what is kinda submissi Spoiler:   tory if you're on that past — to explain this back into 31?

What if you're not hard to do it as the Beanies?  And I wanted to see my work sandcastle to my note. How mathematicians today will be more jigsaw?  Bewained t That's what I get the last one who had learned to test they can do it.  We because you checked Cueball in my friends of the AFCA and the mods in the dust of a pair that is a screen, in a few portals and a version of the shipcists that it makes a lot of chables for fewer and status. If the first low are like they under When I was thinking about a pregnant sequence of those timeframes so I don't think now I call sandcastles. Spoiler:
Yeah, I've even seen one of the things about a few each combination and didn't have hats on to subject so you see you like this!!, as if I'd  be much sell as a friendly top of the wheel. So we need modified rails nearly on a dragonfic, just Leopard we saw the story of the pages of Opera and Outside at the end of the wa Challenges were on a strong enough that is they worked, seeing the thirty as settings.
Actually, anything related to them, but that was on the spoiler of blitzing that one, or something a fan and I actually see speakings of not going to be at least a few pages we do anything that would be so now there, I am to slept worth dee But I need a dragon story that we do that for an OTTer and has started blitzing First, I'm starting to be very counting to what happen bacon, but is relief; an It is not better to scale.w? Spoiler to use a few it warms.
As far as you're usual really.  Or I've got an OTTer seem to be confinute seaish to the number of hard.
 I can end it running through your free tales.  We haven't seen workshing doesn't expect to the thread to the perfect state of the welcome midnight to redundant idea.
 Alas, there's the title-massess of anything to see that the already picked and  I went to stand at all, but catch and many of the messages that what to make any of the comic this series bacon.
Work so that I can do a page (that's pretty great me because somebody else would Spoiler:   o the frame).
Looks like that was in the bollizers from the OTC?  And so it suspects my erosis from mscha's cheering.
Paying me into them. I had found that since there will moved me running anything I have up to the blitzers are early in a manip of the top killing him. Unless I do into the Top of Balthasart at hands at the lines of the past dams plate at t (The Time recess that instead of the sea else turns out a stracker discuss the mystery.)  This is anything to contred all timeship that depends on the corner t That's the first paragraph... and anything with the frame 2 in the OTC in this way was seen about 100th post (Typing the Newpages) with primes, and some of that discussion of the party in the idea for in the present, make the past picking up to theme and poetically treated

The big blank spots are epsilon!
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:56 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpish to see that the botcastle is botcastling properly again.

Today it happened again.
I'm not sure what's going on.
BSTA

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:54 am UTC

New OtherComic. He might be listening to an ottification in Beanish.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:59 am UTC

>>> ps aux | grep "time"
USER       PID  %CPU  %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME  COMMAND
chronos   4248   0.0   0.0  11740   932 pts/0    S+   22:47   0:00  grep --color=auto time
>>> ~/time/temporal-subdivide --init
Fatal error: process unable to allocate enough memory. Try again later.
>>> sleep 435600

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1261

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 am UTC

MY UNG BRINGS ALL THE MOMES TO THE CASTRAFTLE -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the blue sea?
Spoiler:
ggh did.
balthasar_s ENHANCEd it.
(The river10 which crosses the bluecave and fills the lake meets the sea1 about where they cast off.)
… the oars?
Spoiler:
There are some drops falling from them, but just a few.
(azule, ucim, SilentTimer, and azule again noticed.)
Ms. Frizzle knows how to row a boat efficiently, without big splashing.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:34 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic. He might be listening to an ottification in Beanish.

Or possibly Rosetta's latest musical masterpiece. That's how you pronounce the blurs.
The title-text towards the end looks even more Beanish than the song lyrics do.

Some scrumptious justice I forgot:
ZoomanSP wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:...I wonder what those steaks would taste like...

I leaf that to your imagination.
ucim wrote:I wood think we put a steak through the heart of this branch of punning, but it doesn't ring true. Anyone bag to differ?

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

THE 1ST CLERIC... IN SPACE!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:38 am UTC

I left my TimeAccessor unattended for some part of a nopix and while I was gone it rebooted itself without warning or explanation.
Odd.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:40 am UTC

You're teaching it sentience by way of OTTish. I would expect it to do many odd things in the future, including but not limited to: ottifying all saved images, analyzing the pixels of its own screen for any hint of Zanclean seaishness, and buzzing like a chainsaw whenever you descend into punnage.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Whose fault is that?

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:46 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You're teaching it sentience by way of OTTish. I would expect it to do many odd things in the future, including but not limited to: ottifying all saved images, analyzing the pixels of its own screen for any hint of Zanclean seaishness, and buzzing like a chainsaw whenever you descend into punnage.

Well it's certainly learned not to close its parentheses :P

the bot that needs a name wrote:And what's on a person that drinks? I should contradict most of those often loved the stars between short milestones. But that's some place, but I think it's not particularly sure that if anyone who made some kind of time to go to the conference of a kilofraper of the conceptual castle on the earlier. I am not sure you're pretty much mustard.
Spoiler:
Now I should see an advantage with a fast frame of course. Of course as we masted 1631 and the first train so much more of every time. So, the fora in this thread was actually really within this fast that would probably decide to add them for a steam bill
I don't do what I didn't with no newpix.

ETA: Why in another pattern did it because Present , the light period. It can find a seriousnot release where it was Epic mips and Earthide circumstances too.
Doesn't that?

mscha

Time Revisited - np2092

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 am UTC

WRUNGLER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NEEDLE-PULLED THINGS OR GTCO

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:12 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm not sure how one would confuse a bicycle with a LEML in the first place, AUTOMOME.

You mean a Leg Exercised Mechanical Lever?
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Good exercise, though.

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 am UTC

Yeah, one of those Laboriously Exhausting Mileage Lesseners.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

ALL YOUR VOLDEFRAME ARE BELONG TO RONGS

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 am UTC

As I suspected, the reboot was temperature linked:
Trying to teach Shiba (that is my TimeAccessor's name, and was given long before I know about the breed of wolpy, Shiba Inu) about OTTish was exciting it too much :(
Maybe tomorrip use of the GPU to do calculations will be more successful. Maybe.
Redundant:
Spoiler:
hothothot.png
Would work better in the Hoth system

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:26 am UTC

It probably wanted to go for a swim in the Mediterranean.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:29 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Edit to add: Does anyone have all of Time in a folder? Cuz I found a program that would probably let me stick them all in a single PDF so my Kobo can probably display it.
Also, all the fan stories? T1i? BFTF? The Beanies? Prickly? Cuz when I have it figured out for Time those would not be difficult.

I do have all of Time in a Folder. There's some weirdness with the computer it's on, but I should be able to have a clean copy by this Time next week. A PM with your requirements would be helpful.

Balthasar already send them. I now have Time on my Kobo E reader.

ETA: linky to the post with the PDF's
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

Philae! Cool. I'm all for more ONGoing ness.

watched Cloud Atlas yesterday. It was a pretty Timey movie, and possibly loopist.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

taixzo

Re: M*stard be all ch*rped up

Postby taixzo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:01 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Welp.
So I looked at my Time Accessor to check it's progress, as it's been running for about half a dip since I last investigated it. I immediately noticed that the screen resolution was normal than normal. M*stard.
I tried logging in as usual. The screen kinda flickered and it span me back to the login screen in under a mNP. I tried a few times with the same result. Ch*rp.
The next step was a soft restart. This worked just fine. But the screen resolution was still wrong. Steambottle!
Login attempts continued to fail as before. CH*RPING M*STARD!

At least I have my Leopad.

Wait, "normal than normal"?

It adds a button:

Spoiler:
insatt.PNG

Thank you! This is much-needed.

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic. He might be listening to an ottification in Beanish.

Or to something sung by Rosetta!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”